7.6

1. Mar 11, 2020
    Невероятно глубокое произведение искусства в не очень красивой обложке. Это шикарная игра.
  2. Mar 30, 2020
    Game of my childhood. I am very glad that i can play it on PlayStation 4, with update graphic.
  3. Jun 13, 2020
    Unbelievably unique game that succeeds completely at its intended goal. Does an incredibly good job at putting you in the shoes of the protagonist, and comes with a well written story where finally for once in a game, the choices you make truly do matter.
  4. Mar 30, 2020
    "Magic game". This game is more interesting than Death Stranding. Yes, Kojima is genius, but Death Stranding is worse than Pathologic 2.
  5. Jun 4, 2020
    I really like the atmosphere and how important your choices Though i like the game a lot i admit it's not an easy game to get into
  6. Apr 20, 2020
    An amazing experience you can't get from anywhere else. It is flawed but a product of pure passion. Pathologic 2 is deeply unsettling and stressing experience that is beyond great as a survival struggle against plague.
  7. Apr 7, 2020
    This game really is unique. It feels almost like it belongs within its own genre.

The only negatives I have for the game are performance wise. The game has crashed a couple of times, there are frequent loading screens and sometimes meters like immunity or stamina will continue to decrease even while the game is loading. The framerate also drops sometimes so all in all it doesn't run that great. I can easily overlook these issues though because the game is phenomenal and also it was developed by a small studio. It also launched on ps4 recently so these problems may get patched in time.

Now for the pros. Visually it looks great. I love the character models and how they look during dialogue. The way the camera features a close up with light carefully illuminating them in an eerie manner... it's excellent.
    The atmosphere is so very bleak and so unbelievably immersive. As soon as things seem to be going ok... bam... you're almost dead from hunger or you're being chased by an insane person. Survival is a real struggle and it feels great.
    My favorite moment was on the night of day 2. I saw a crazed man with a knife chasing a terrified woman. I did nothing... I hid in the bushes... i'm a doctor but i'm far from a hero. At the end of the day simply surviving is a struggle and as badly as I want to help these well written characters... I want to keep living even more.
    Also it needs to be said that the game is weird... like lynchian at times and I love it.
    The gameplay loop is so utterly bizarre as well. I spend a lot of time searching through trashcans for discarded items so I can trade with people for immunity boosters and food. Occasionally I run through infected districts and avoid plague clouds and people wrapped in bandages... they approach me because they want help but if I touch them they'll make me ill... I just run and try not to think about them.

The whole game is like one big surreal nightmare. Simultaneously the most realistic and the least realistic game I've ever played. If you want escapism from the coronavirus then I strongly recommend pathologic 2. If you get into it then it's utterly engrossing and it's only 35 bucks as well. I really couldn't recommend it enough.

Currently there is one character you can play through the story with and this takes roughly 30 hours from what i've heard. The devs are supposed to be adding in two other storylines in which you play as other protagonists. Hopefully they follow through on this (I'll happily pay for this as dlc) but even if they don't the game is still completely worth it.

Edit: Having now finished the game I can safely say this is a masterpiece. It's just a shame it doesn't run better. Hopefully future patches will reduce load times and framerate issues. It's really worth playing regardless of technical issues though.

I wouldn't let the rumors of difficulty put you off. There are easy mode options and having played it through I can safely say it's remarkably well balanced. I was frequently on the verge of infection or hunger or exhaustion but there was always someone to trade with or something to loot. I was always stressed out and concerned for my well being but it never felt unfair. Although... around day 9 there was a pretty big difficulty spike... and narratively speaking the game did something that left a very strong impact too... it was messed up.

Overall just a phenomenal experience which you should 100 percent check out.
  8. Mar 30, 2020
    Very interesting and not easy game. Why everyone did not like this game, a very good project.
  9. Mar 9, 2020
    This is truly magnificent and esoteric experience that very few games are able to offer. You are joining psychedelic Town and observe and influence a series of mysterious events in 12 days. You are constantly scared to miss a clue, lose precious time or make a wrong decision that adds additional adrenalin kick to the whole walk through. This is not usual mystery game, because events areThis is truly magnificent and esoteric experience that very few games are able to offer. You are joining psychedelic Town and observe and influence a series of mysterious events in 12 days. You are constantly scared to miss a clue, lose precious time or make a wrong decision that adds additional adrenalin kick to the whole walk through. This is not usual mystery game, because events are unfold in Pathologic 2 has it's own, different from our world logic and as a player you need to learn logic of Town and it's lore. I believe it is one of the most atmospheric and unique games available for Playstation that asks for a lot of attention and involvement from player but provides unique experience.
    From downsides I would highlight only game technical performance - loadings and new areas loads are quite annoying, even though I'm playing it on PS4 Pro.
  10. Mar 30, 2020
    Not bad, real not bad. I'm very love Ice-Pick Lodge's projects, particularly "The Void". This game can give a real challenge for hard player.
  11. Mar 30, 2020
    Good:
    1) Story - Not happy and very interesting
    2) Gameplay - Harh and Interesting
    3) Visual - Good and Interesting.
    Bad:
    1) Graphic
  12. Aug 28, 2020
    Atmosphere 10
    Audio 10
    Story 10
    Graphics 6
    Optimization 1

well... to sum it up. this game is a beautiful soul in an ugly body. (some of the city views and landscaped are quite beautiful though)
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critic Reviews

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 20, 2020
    Ifbyou can stand the jank and that esoteric intro section, this is one train you definitely don’t want to miss. [Issue #175, p.76]
  2. Apr 13, 2020
    The best way to describe Pathologic 2 is to imagine a parallel world where Tarkovsky is a video game maker. Pathologic 2 shows a world on the verge of annihilation, and a hero who is looking for redemption on a dark path.
    Pathologic 2 does a fine job of capturing the feelings of a town under distress, though it can feel like a painful chore to play with technical glitches and loading times hindering the experience overall.