7.6

1. Sep 9, 2020
    This is a 7.5 rather than a 7 - usually I round up but I don't feel like this is an 8.

The three games overall are good. I'd say the third game, Trials & Tribulations, is the standout game, then the second best is the second game, Justice For All, and finally the first game, Ace Attorney. So I can safely say the games progress in quality. The games have great plots, music and character developments. If you like visual novels then this game is certainly for you.

My criticisms would be that the game can get a bit boring with investigations. There's quite a bit of filler for the third to fifth cases of each game, and it gets irritating. While I understand this has satire of the legal system, some of it is just plain bizarre and really takes you out of the game. If you find stuff like a judge being protective over an atractive witness and potentially penalising you as funny then this is good. For me presonally I just found the game to be too comical for my liking. Finally, the gameplay can get repetiive and boring.

I would recommend this game - it certainly is an interesting series and the ending of the trilogy is nice for the various characters.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 3, 2019
    Overall, Ace Attorney Trilogy wholeheartedly proves its worth as a remaster. The story still stands up today and balances goofiness and sincerity in a fun and enchanting way. The gameplay is slow but wins over its audience. The graphics are heavily improved from its myriad predecessors, and the music is brought to life in just the right way. Sure, there are some slight slip-ups here and there, but this game is a gem that's worth playing from the pantheon of games, especially those in the visual novel genre. At this time, the defense rests.
  2. Jun 19, 2019
    It’s got a tonne of fun, engaging content stretched out over its three games, and it’ll quickly be apparent why they garnered such a following on their original release. Not every game can feel so enjoyable decades after the fact, so for this one to do just that is probably a sign that it’s worth checking out.
  3. May 9, 2019
    A must buy. Case closed. There are so many reasons to pick this up. For those who haven't tried the series out, this debut on other consoles add up to a wonderful incentive. It's amazing that even 20 years on, these still hold up. The only thing that lets this collection down is that there is little extra to elevate this remaster, other than just a graphical overhaul. Regardless of this small bump, these remain some of the very best Visual Novels out there and with no end in sight for the series, this glimpse of them arriving on new platforms is very promising.