6.1

1. Apr 25, 2020
    This game is really fun, the predator mechanics aren’t to hard to master, the military operations are cool, and the loot boxes are easy to earn and don’t require money, I get one every game. Though I do have one complaint, I wish that they would fix the frame rate, as it tends to lower when shooting at enemies. But I’m sure they’ll fix it in a future update. Plus, their roadmap looksThis game is really fun, the predator mechanics aren’t to hard to master, the military operations are cool, and the loot boxes are easy to earn and don’t require money, I get one every game. Though I do have one complaint, I wish that they would fix the frame rate, as it tends to lower when shooting at enemies. But I’m sure they’ll fix it in a future update. Plus, their roadmap looks promising. Expand
  2. Apr 24, 2020
    Tchnically very bad. Graphics are good but not really pretty either, but the FPS is so low that it hurts my eyes. Matchmaking takes a long time and the rounds are sometimes very short. Gameplay as a soldier is boring, because the Ai is bad and most Predator dont know how to play him effectiv. Playing the Predator is nice and funny. It is the only good thing in this game at the moment.Tchnically very bad. Graphics are good but not really pretty either, but the FPS is so low that it hurts my eyes. Matchmaking takes a long time and the rounds are sometimes very short. Gameplay as a soldier is boring, because the Ai is bad and most Predator dont know how to play him effectiv. Playing the Predator is nice and funny. It is the only good thing in this game at the moment. Don't buy this now. You should definetly wait until the game runs better. Expand
  3. Apr 25, 2020
    This game has a lot of promise. But the AI is laughable..... like Goldeneye 007 bad... like stand in one spot while an alarm is going off and they will just keep running into the doorway bad. I could see a massive patch in a few months then this game being good.
  4. Apr 24, 2020
    Das beste Pradator Spiel bis Dato. Aber die Wartezeiten sind lange und die Spielrunden kurz. Für 40€ ein gutes Spiel aber es braucht noch Feinschliff.
    The best Pradator game to date. But the waiting times are long and the game rounds short. For 40€ a good game but it still needs fine-tuning.
  5. May 20, 2020
    I just want to say this now I am a huge Predator fan. I quote the first movie like I was in the damn thing. This game will give you all the love of that first movie to make you go watch it all over again. The game for those who don't know is a four one one multiplayer game. You can play the marines or the Predator itself. The marines game play while vanilla is still fun. You have toI just want to say this now I am a huge Predator fan. I quote the first movie like I was in the damn thing. This game will give you all the love of that first movie to make you go watch it all over again. The game for those who don't know is a four one one multiplayer game. You can play the marines or the Predator itself. The marines game play while vanilla is still fun. You have to complete your objectives while being hunter by another player who is the Predator. Now if you aren't being hunted that often the match will be over quick and it isn't fun. If your Predator is some kid with ADHD who just runs at you it isn't that fun as the marines either. It only works if they are messing with you and picking your team a part piece by piece. The Predator game play is a stupid amount of fun. You do feel like a Predator if you do it right. I am a bad Predator most of the time. I constantly got seen and would be happy to kill just one player. Now I said most of the time. The few times I was on my game it was the greatest experience of the entire game. The thing is $40 for essentially one game mode with no story mode to speak of is very steep. On top of the lack of replay value the game also doesn't look that great. I could compare it to a late in life PS3 game then a current gen console game. I just wish there was more to this. I want more Predator and unfortunately this game drops the ball. It ends up being a pass because of it. Expand
  6. Apr 28, 2020
    Let's preface this by saying the game is enjoyable, and I myself have been fortunate enough to not experience the same matchmaking issues as everybody else - 5-10 minutes finding a match as Predator, sure, but never a wait over 30 seconds as fireteam. Mechanically, this game has launched with a far greater degree of polish than Illfonic's previous outing, Friday the 13th, and the game doesLet's preface this by saying the game is enjoyable, and I myself have been fortunate enough to not experience the same matchmaking issues as everybody else - 5-10 minutes finding a match as Predator, sure, but never a wait over 30 seconds as fireteam. Mechanically, this game has launched with a far greater degree of polish than Illfonic's previous outing, Friday the 13th, and the game does capture the spirit of Predator. In a pleasant surprise, there are no microtransactions at launch, and progression is honestly quick: it's easy to gain about a level every match for at least the first twenty levels. Plus, the game is safeguarded against DCs in the simplest possible way: its inclusion of AI enemies means that as long as SOMEBODY is still in the game, the game can still progress. Granted, it progresses with the lack of difficulty of having to hunt or be hunted by a PvP player, but nevertheless, you never have to feel screwed by a DC, purposeful or otherwise. And the bugs, while present and honestly a bit prevalent, are actually far less insurmountable than most games in the 4v1 asymmetrical subgenre. Compared to the other new asymmetrical licensed outing released right now (RE: Resistance), the game's netcode and optimization are actually solid.

So where it the issue? Simple: content. It doesn't break the game across its knee completely to be so lacking in content, but three maps with one overarching 'island' layout theme does get old kind of quickly, and even the addition of multiple possible missions per map doesn't stretch it out tremendously, as it's all some variant of 'capture point, defend point, repeat', with an occasional hunt for resources or side missions for extra money. The gameplay loop isn't a problem if you're absolutely in love with the Predator franchise as I am, but even loving the series like I do, it feels like an 8/10 to me, and having to step back and look at it from a different framing, I'd have a hard time pushing this over a 6 or a 7 to most gamers.

In short, 'fun, but flawed'. I'm enjoying it thoroughly due to my love of both asymmetrical multiplayer and Predator, but hopefully the game can expand its content over time to be able to appeal to more than just the dedicated niche demographic.
  7. May 1, 2020
    The concept is AMAZING! but the gameplay itself and the graphics and glitches along with a rather bad lootbox system that lets you get everything in a couple days takes away from its potential.
  8. May 11, 2020
    Missoes simplistas demais, jogo parecia ser uma coisa foda, uma proposta singular, mas nao passa de um jogo raso que em meia horinja vc ja jogou ele todo, repetitivo e cansativo.
  9. Apr 30, 2020
    Horrible game, clunky controls, ugly graphics, dull unbalanced gameplay.
    Can't recommend to anyone, even predator fans.
  10. Aug 9, 2020
    Jogo muito ruim e mal feito, por favor, é melhor jogar peteca do que esse lixo. A ideia já não era das melhores, depois que lançou eu percebi realmente que gastei dinheiro à toa.
  11. Apr 28, 2020
    Разработчики, я вас умоляю, сделайте нормальный баланс!
    Я когда за хищника играю, мне страшнее, чем когда я играю за солдата!
    Я вас прошу почините это патчем!!!
  12. Apr 28, 2020
    We all have to remember this isn’t a triple A game it’s 40 $ and the games is not bad for what you are paying but there are some things that need to be fixed ! Player match making needs to be fixed cause of long wait times ! the A.I. Must but a lot more smarter you should be able to put a difficulty on that like easy hard and hardest! Make predator a little more powerful because heWe all have to remember this isn’t a triple A game it’s 40 $ and the games is not bad for what you are paying but there are some things that need to be fixed ! Player match making needs to be fixed cause of long wait times ! the A.I. Must but a lot more smarter you should be able to put a difficulty on that like easy hard and hardest! Make predator a little more powerful because he definitely feels a little to Easy to kill and more customizing!!!! And you have more of a solid game ! Expand
  13. May 2, 2020
    My Dad got this game and honestly it is great but is missing key components for what a predator game should be. I feel single player was needed, I just want to mess some AI up as the Predator with so many things to use against them. The controls are pretty good not a lot to say about them. There are many bugs/glitches one of them being when I got to customize my character and I go to seeMy Dad got this game and honestly it is great but is missing key components for what a predator game should be. I feel single player was needed, I just want to mess some AI up as the Predator with so many things to use against them. The controls are pretty good not a lot to say about them. There are many bugs/glitches one of them being when I got to customize my character and I go to see what I unlocked I hover over it and boom there is the skin I got. Then I back out it still says that I still haven't looked at it. The gunplay is decent like there is no recoil which bothers me. When I got this thing called a "Field Locker" I was like ok what is this and since I got after leveling up I though it was increased storage for stuff I have unlocked kinda like Minecraft of PUBG too an extent but no it was some stupid ass lootboxes why do game companies rely on stupid business practices but the good thing is it is ONLY cosmetic and you can buy them with in game currency and you earn in game without buying with real world money which is good but get rid of these ok. They should do something like COD with milestones. The predator itself is awesome to see as a Fireteam player, but when being attacked your guns do literally nothing to it. You should get 3 custom class options instead of one, the leveling in this game for unlocks is absurd. Level 100 just for a classic vest like I'm going to be playing this game for that long. I really do hope that the game gets better. Expand
  14. Jun 6, 2020
    The finished version of "Predator - Hunting Grounds" is a lot of fun and shows many interesting approaches. So solo players will have to consider buying it, but fans of multiplayer titles should take a closer look at the title. The different factions are equipped with interesting approaches and show their full potential on the maps. The controls are easy and quick to use. However, theThe finished version of "Predator - Hunting Grounds" is a lot of fun and shows many interesting approaches. So solo players will have to consider buying it, but fans of multiplayer titles should take a closer look at the title. The different factions are equipped with interesting approaches and show their full potential on the maps. The controls are easy and quick to use. However, the graphics and the atmosphere in the game can't always convince and makes a not so good impression, especially visually. If you like to play as Predator or Marine and can live with small deficits, you should have a look at "Predator - Hunting Grounds".

(https://www.playmoregames.de/post/predator-hunting-grounds-ps4-im-test)
  15. May 2, 2020
    First the wait times are terrible, not god awful but I have yet to see the timer for the predator dip below 4 minutes and that is a rough estimate at best. Cross platform is a thing (PS4/PC) but all too often you finally get in a lobby (as P) only for there to be one player on the fire team who quickly disconnects after 2 mins of not getting any more meaning you have to start over again.First the wait times are terrible, not god awful but I have yet to see the timer for the predator dip below 4 minutes and that is a rough estimate at best. Cross platform is a thing (PS4/PC) but all too often you finally get in a lobby (as P) only for there to be one player on the fire team who quickly disconnects after 2 mins of not getting any more meaning you have to start over again. Leveling doesn't feel bad but the predator only really gets access to their tools at the higher levels and until then your only hope is your dealing with an inexperienced team, you have your cannon but its a dead giveaway that sees you riddled with bullet holes and seems to do pitiful damage short of being right on top of your target and successfully hitting them, which is hard given that everyone sprints like sonic half the time, no one really sits still to let you shoot at them and that's to be expected.

On the fire team side their is very little choice in what guns you bring into the match gear can be limiting and the perks are alright albeit the only real expression of a choice it feels like. You choose your spawn location but once you figure out what map your playing you really don't choose anything but the closest one. The missions are forgettable and the AI is barely a threat unless the predator drops in while your dealing with them allows the AI to stack up a bit but even then they aren't going to put a dent in your health bar by any important means. I would be surprised if a player lost more than 40 hp to the AI in a round as the predator feels like the only real threat to the players, The AI is also very simplistic in its design, probably no more than 3-4 variations in total running 1-2 gun options and doing little more than pointing said gun at the player and shooting, which just feels bad. Enemies also loudly call out that they are going to hit the alarm with a little icon appearing over their head which immediately draws the entire groups fire for saying such a thing. Even having the alarm pulled is more of a minor inconvenience than a threat and rarely happens after the players shoot the initial 4 guards at an objective and disable all of them. Stuttering frames even when on the lowest of settings and overall running conditions feel kinda bad, aiming is alright but can be tedious and sometimes a little annoying. On the lowest settings everything feels like very sterile game engine conditions and it loses a lot of atmosphere in doing so but at the trade off that you can actually aim and process whats going on around you. Sound design is nice. Overall the fire team plays like a squad shooter where you really don't care what your doing and you aren't doing it for long before you sprint through the jungle to the next location very forgettable not very exciting.

As the predator it feels more like your desperately trying to pick people off than actually hunting them with any sort of skill, everyone is watching the tree line and short of using the Bow you will be spotted trying to assault the group from range. All the noise you make signals to the team that you are around and completely blows any sort of element of stealth, it's more a question of how long it takes for them to spot you. The net gun, the combistick, and the bow are common place to be used by the predator as all other options pale in comparison to usefulness. Gear is underwhelming (cant even fill the 15 points you get as the berserker class) and while neat using them is a pain since aiming is more of a toss out and hope than actual aim. If your against players that remotely know what their doing it's a hassle more than anything to actually pick anyone off and you can't really "hunt." This isn't hunting this is a desperate attempt at weakening the players to find something to capitalize on than waiting for a moment to strike and feels like a constant game of catch up and try to be threatening than anything else.

in short but certainly not all of it. the game has potential but its more nostalgia bait for fans of the alien franchise (Which a lot of their games sadly are) than a full game experience, it's game mode you would play on occasion or a mod for another game, but most certainly not a full game. From every sense of the design it feels rushed and half baked and that isn't necessarily the fault of the people that I'm positive worked very hard to make. As a trip down memory lane its a nice bit of game play and can certainly be fun but in it current iteration it's only going to last as long as it has its fan base, and after that has started to dwindle it will slide into obscurity rather quickly. It's only been out around a month or so of writing this but at its core, for what it offers at the moment, its going to need a lot more polish and commitment before it becomes anything worth calling a full game.
  16. May 8, 2020
    Playing on PS4....the graphics seems to have spawned out of FAR CRY from the year 2004!!!
    Matchmaking...please tell me how do i play as the Predator?
    AI....just rushing to their death without purpose! Movement....you cant even climb! I knew that this game is a clone of Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th....but seriously come on! Why they even release so pathetic games! Thank god it
    Matchmaking...please tell me how do i play as the Predator?
    AI....just rushing to their death without purpose!
    Movement....you cant even climb!
    Why they even release so pathetic games!
    Thank god it was a free game i received!
    Only positive thing the original soundtrack of the movie!
  17. May 8, 2020
    I will tell you directly it is not a good game nor is it a bad one, it maintains the predator's awareness as it would be the first, but my opinion is that they do not give the predator more strength, that is, the creation of advanced traps and also give more energy or life to the predator. The only problem is that the predator is not like a stealthy attack, but a direct one. What theyI will tell you directly it is not a good game nor is it a bad one, it maintains the predator's awareness as it would be the first, but my opinion is that they do not give the predator more strength, that is, the creation of advanced traps and also give more energy or life to the predator. The only problem is that the predator is not like a stealthy attack, but a direct one. What they could change is to separate the group in a moment, that is, they open a door but it does not open at different ends or they lose the players for some reason. I say it's not a good game or a bad game Expand
  18. May 10, 2020
    The game deserves more than it's being rated by most reviewers. It does have numerous flaws, one being load in times for games and the others being numerous in game glitches. I have had a lot of fun playing this game and it really does shine in the fun deparment. It can be thrilling at various moment's, taking us back to the atmosphere of the original film. The predator mechanics mightThe game deserves more than it's being rated by most reviewers. It does have numerous flaws, one being load in times for games and the others being numerous in game glitches. I have had a lot of fun playing this game and it really does shine in the fun deparment. It can be thrilling at various moment's, taking us back to the atmosphere of the original film. The predator mechanics might take a little bit of getting used to. I would highly recommend this for anyone who enjoys asymmetrical multiplayer games and experience of playing online with others. Expand
  19. Jul 20, 2020
    Dope concepts. Executed poorly. Graphics suck. The game play is repetitive and boring as the soldiers. And the predator feels weak.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 60 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 14, 2020
    Predator: Hunting Grounds is difficult to advise even the most loyal fans of the franchise. The game is not worth your time, even if it will be distributed on a PS Plus subscription or sold at a huge discount. It is almost impossible to get pleasure here. Terrible graphics, unbalanced gameplay, poorly developed mechanics and broken matchmaking leave only a deep sense of frustration.
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 25, 2020
    There are no surprises here. If you are looking for a hail of lead, you will find a drizzle at most. Plus inexplicable performance issues on the console. [07/2020, p.68]
  3. Jun 18, 2020
    Since it’s a multiplayer-only title with exactly one mode, Hunting Grounds was clearly banking on the strength of its premise. Failing that, there’s just not much to it, and players will have seen everything there is to see after just a few matches. Maybe we should take this as a signal to stop trying to make Predator games a thing — if this didn’t work, I’m doubtful that anything will.