7.8

1. May 5, 2017
    This game has nothing in common with the 2006 Prey game, but it is still pretty enjoyable. It has great graphics, nice blend of horror and action, and some good RPG elements.
  2. May 5, 2017
    Thrilling game. A good combination of sci fi / mystery / action / horror, though never scary enough to hinder the overall experience, just really exciting. Graphics are 8.5/10 on the whole, probably go up to a 9/9.5 with the creature animations. Sound is absolutely badass- proper intense electronica / bass like doom last year. Gameplay is awesome, very carefully thought out in each area soThrilling game. A good combination of sci fi / mystery / action / horror, though never scary enough to hinder the overall experience, just really exciting. Graphics are 8.5/10 on the whole, probably go up to a 9/9.5 with the creature animations. Sound is absolutely badass- proper intense electronica / bass like doom last year. Gameplay is awesome, very carefully thought out in each area so you progress nicely (and uncover the next piece of cool stuff to make you enjoy the game even more.) I love this game, I was worried it might be under par or have issues but apart from a couple of tiny issues which I'm sure will get patched out, this is superb and a must buy. Expand
  3. May 7, 2017
    There are a handful of illiterate users posting their reviews so I'm going to attempt to make an actual ACCURATE review based on my current progress with the game.

This game is awesome, the enemies are creepy, the game plays with your perception of reality, the weapons are creative and fun, plus there is a small bit of stealth in the game that is completely optional. Since Dishonored and Dishonored 2 from Arkane, I've loved what they as a studio have recently been known for, and no doubt Prey can hold up to those titles.

The game can be difficult at times (even on normal) but it's really only because you seem to lose health rather quickly. Other than that, I've seen issues from some users about input lag but it seems to pretty hit or miss for that. I'd say this is a great reboot of Prey, and well deserves your money if you are looking for a fun and creepy mind-bending game.
  4. May 5, 2017
    PREY is a difficult game to describe let alone score. For me DISHONORED 2 was my game of the year for 2016 & PREY can be justifiably compared to this great game as well as the very good BIOSHOCK series & maybe even add a little DOOM. While the level design is very good, it falls a little short of DISHONORED 2 but it is is restricted a little being set in space and all but the game stillPREY is a difficult game to describe let alone score. For me DISHONORED 2 was my game of the year for 2016 & PREY can be justifiably compared to this great game as well as the very good BIOSHOCK series & maybe even add a little DOOM. While the level design is very good, it falls a little short of DISHONORED 2 but it is is restricted a little being set in space and all but the game still looks beautiful . Music selection is unusual yet brilliant & blends well to this dark & scary tale which consists of many jump frights. There's plenty of weapons & abilities to unlock which all feel great I just wish there were a larger variety of ALIEN ENEMIES to take on such as the great games like the previously mentioned DOOM. There's still a lot of game to explore, interact & have fun with however & I'm HAPPY with my purchase thus far. Reviewers please do not score games 10 scores because of the annoying trolls who give games a 0 score. Just score a game on it's merits & give readers the information that they are here for as 2 wrongs never made a right. Thanks :) Expand
  5. May 5, 2017
    I feel like I;m playing Bioshock 1 and 2 updated to 2017, and that is a great thing...I do miss the little sisters but everything else about this game takes the best elements from Bio 1 and 2 and updates/renames/recasts them in a new universe. A great mix of action, tension ("IS that a mimic or not?"), horror and sci fi. Dont miss this!!!
  6. May 6, 2017
    Long-time, no-review. But I don't think people know what a good game is anymore.

In short: this game is not fun. It failed to elicit even the tiniest bit of joy at any time. It is not without merit though: The Good: it doesn't hold your hand - no cutscenes, minimal tutorials. This is rare nowadays. However, the Bad: The combat is awful. And sadly, when this is the case, nothing

The Good:

However, the Bad:
    The combat is awful. And sadly, when this is the case, nothing can save a game. Gunplay is sluggish and weightless. By comparison, even Fallout 3, say, was more satisfying.

The enemies are poorly designed. I think this might be the biggest problem with the game. There is literally nothing less interesting to shoot than a nebulus gloop of black stink-lines. They do not react to hits, and soon had me groaning "uugh" when I saw another, instead of looking forward to another exciting encounter. The way they move does not make for fun battles, teleporting around with abandon, which instead of being thrilling and challenging, ends up just being frustrating. For instance, the whole AOE attack from Phantoms - come on, that only works in third-person games. The sounds they make do not seem to match their design. How this could have been fixed: ditch the teleporting, make the enemies more 'solid', with clearer hit animations, more enemies with less health.

The space station has no character(s). The whole place is empty and hollow - while this might be intentional, the whole experience starts to feel soulless. YOU have no character, and there are no people to speak of/to. How this could have been fixed: have Morgan do frequent narration, even just reacting to a crazy event, for instance. ("What the hell?")

The inventory system is messy. I applaud the game for trying to be a proper RPG, with you having to think carefully about resorce management. But to be honest, it goes too far, and had me loathing the times I knew I would have to craft something. How this could have been fixed: more ammo lying around, so at least crafting could be optional.

In my opinion, if gameplay is naff, the game is naff. To this end - Prey is the opposite of Doom, which was literally run-and-gun-fun, which did not once have me thinking "I wish it had more RPG elements." This game has shed-loads of the latter, but had me wishing for Doom-like gunplay. At the end of the day, making yourself more powerful means nothing if you don't feel more powerful.

There is no story to speak of.

This is a very, very poor-man's version of Bioshock that might have stood up ten years ago, but is just not good enough for 2017. This is the least fun I've had playing a game for a long time.
  7. May 5, 2017
    Game runs smooth as butter on PC. Even on mid end hardware. Rating it a 10 to average out the 0's
    My actual score would be a 9.
    My actual score would be a 9.

Arkane nails the atmosphere here. If you are looking for a creepy yet interesting environment you will enjoy prey. The game, especially on harder difficulty focuses on the survival aspects, you'll need to search every nook and cranny for items and crafting materials to progress. Enemy variety does seem a little low. But the game still manages to keep you on edge with it's great sound design. You can hear every creak and spew of steam in the ominous space station as you explore.

The game has a progression system. You can upgrade abilities via skill points as well as upgrade weapons and other things.
  8. May 5, 2017
    The unsatisfying mele combat and the first hour are just bad. Visual glitches everywhere, unscaring enemies with uninspired designs. The craft system is a misstep. It just doesn't work with this game. The story is ok, but nothing refresing. Stamina for mele attacks. 2 mele attacks and Yu is tired. But he can carry heavy gun. Really?
    I've seen this game before better executed,
    The
    I've seen this game before better executed,

The narrative where Yu does everything that anyone says doesn't fit with the fact that he is a genius,
  9. May 5, 2017
    The worst game of the year. Graphics - 2007, not 2017. Story - an endless gathering of notes and audio files. Music is a farting and set of annoying sounds. The gameplay is the destruction of the endless spam of monotonous enemies and crafting cubes.
    The game resembles a mixture of BioShock and System Shock. This game has no originality and is terribly boring.
  10. May 16, 2017
    Prey is a unique Action RPG game in a Sci-Fi setting with nods to Deus Ex and Dishonored. It has an engaging story and atmosphere combined with a good blend of weapons and abilities to aid you as you fight your way across Talos 1. Every puzzle and obstacle has multiple solutions. You may wish to handle situations using brute force, advanced hacking skills or find some other creative way toPrey is a unique Action RPG game in a Sci-Fi setting with nods to Deus Ex and Dishonored. It has an engaging story and atmosphere combined with a good blend of weapons and abilities to aid you as you fight your way across Talos 1. Every puzzle and obstacle has multiple solutions. You may wish to handle situations using brute force, advanced hacking skills or find some other creative way to proceed. The Alien powers add an exciting but morally questionable aspect to the game. The various sections of the space station are rich and diverse. Navigating outside the space station is confusing and disorienting, but I feel this accurately represents what navigating around a space station in a jet-pack equipped suit would feel like. I found many of the side quests interesting to complete and often looked forward to looking for more, rather than getting burnt out like in some other titles. Whether this was on account of the constantly evolving gameplay or the story itself is hard to say. The main story is well written and engaging and like Horizon I became excited to unlock more answers and complete the story. I feel Prey is a well made, valiant effort by Arkane and deserves a 9/10 rather than the 7.9/10 it currently holds. I highly recommend this game if you enjoy Sci-Fi, shooters, and puzzle games. My only wish for Prey would be the inclusion of more varied weapons, primarily firearms such as an assault rifle. However even though I am a gun nut in shooters and love variety I often felt satisfied with my pistol and shotgun due to the game itself doing such a good job of keeping me engaged. Expand
  11. Sep 3, 2017
    In a nutshell, Prey is essentially a great but technically flawed first-person metroidvania on a space station. The gameplay and ways to play are often brilliant, the exploration is encouraging, and the replay value is rich. The decisions you make in it tend to change the outcome of the game. It's just a shame that a few quest-breaking bugs continue to hold the game down from its full trueIn a nutshell, Prey is essentially a great but technically flawed first-person metroidvania on a space station. The gameplay and ways to play are often brilliant, the exploration is encouraging, and the replay value is rich. The decisions you make in it tend to change the outcome of the game. It's just a shame that a few quest-breaking bugs continue to hold the game down from its full true Game-of-the-Year potential. Expand
  12. May 12, 2017
    Despite borrowing heavily from other games, this game still has its own dna to offer. It has a semi open world that you can explore at your own leisure. A tense atmosphere that will keep you at the edge of your seat. And a superb soundtrack that perfectly complements the experience. And there's the engaging combat that makes every encounter a serious thread. Every aspect are well putDespite borrowing heavily from other games, this game still has its own dna to offer. It has a semi open world that you can explore at your own leisure. A tense atmosphere that will keep you at the edge of your seat. And a superb soundtrack that perfectly complements the experience. And there's the engaging combat that makes every encounter a serious thread. Every aspect are well put together.

There are things that I don't like, however. Such as having you mandatorily looking for key cards for critical doors. And the last few hours were a real chore to play.

Despite the negatives, I enjoyed my time with this game and would recommend it to anyone who likes games like Deus Ex, Dishonored, Dead Space, or Bioshock.
  13. Jun 19, 2017
    The reboot of the series that not many people were happy about. But the original E3 trailer I think got a lot of people interested. Then people played the demo and trashed it. But when they actually played the full game they actually rather enjoyed it so hey. Maybe the reboot wasn't a bad idea after all. Well that set aside I really liked the story here of suspense and mystery it reallyThe reboot of the series that not many people were happy about. But the original E3 trailer I think got a lot of people interested. Then people played the demo and trashed it. But when they actually played the full game they actually rather enjoyed it so hey. Maybe the reboot wasn't a bad idea after all. Well that set aside I really liked the story here of suspense and mystery it really builds up til the very end. Expand
  14. Aug 31, 2017
    'Prey' is not for the Gunslingers. You need to have patience for the first 2 or 3 hours while the game gets into a pace. Once it gets there, 'Dishonored 2' and 'Deus Ex' will join. This game is matured fun.
    Simple the most underrated game of '17.
    I would love to rate it 8.5
  15. Sep 21, 2017
    Fun, misterious, good story, good gameplay, soundtrack is really good...
    I got this game because i had nothing to play at the time and man what a pleasant surprise.
    i highly recommend you get this game.
  16. Mar 13, 2018
    Typical Bethesda game these days.

Boring, tries to do a million things but doesn't get almost anything right. First 20 minutes literally give you a headache. Five different texts on screen at once that you should read, while trying to understand what the game wants from you, how it wants to be played, how the inventory system works, what that lemon on the floor is useful for, why
    Typical Bethesda game these days.

Boring, tries to do a million things but doesn't get almost anything right.

First 20 minutes literally give you a headache. Five different texts on screen at once that you should read, while trying to understand what the game wants from you, how it wants to be played, how the inventory system works, what that lemon on the floor is useful for, why they put an explosive in front of you that you can't use, while you take breaks reading e-mails and magazines...it's a mess.

The combat system is not great and the little enemies that pop up from nowhere are a terrible idea.

Whenever you hear Bethesda say "you can play the game your way", run. it means that they couldn't find a single good formula for the game so they put in a bunch of tedious ones.

To be honest, this is the type of game that most people will be done with by the first sitting. It is clear that it's not going to be fun and there are so many better games out there.

Has Bethesda made anything good after Skyrim?
  17. Nov 1, 2017
    I hesitated a bit before I got this game, but I'm glad I did. It's very good, and it falls into the exact category of games I like. If you loved Bioshock, Dishonored, or the first Dead Space, you'll also love this one. I also appreciated a game putting an effort into the story, and having some quite surprising twists along the way.
  18. Oct 21, 2017
    Prey is a great game. It requires a lot from player, but brings fantastic experience. It's sci-fi in alternative Universe that tells awesome story, plays like half-life+dishonored+bioshock and have awesome ending. It's very long (that's bad) - about 40 hours of gameplay, but pretty intensive and thrilling. One of the best games in 2017.
  19. May 17, 2017
    This is the best game of the last few years. It is a old-school 3d-fps-rpg-shooter with a great atmosphere and environment. When I start to play, after 30 min I can’t believe… it was a System Shock 2 2017!!!! YES finally. This not a stupid shooter, this game with great story, with many logs and quest. Very good level design, very cool RPG part with implants. I play this game 3 days in aThis is the best game of the last few years. It is a old-school 3d-fps-rpg-shooter with a great atmosphere and environment. When I start to play, after 30 min I can’t believe… it was a System Shock 2 2017!!!! YES finally. This not a stupid shooter, this game with great story, with many logs and quest. Very good level design, very cool RPG part with implants. I play this game 3 days in a row for 12 hours, with breaks 4 sure. Yes it’s slow, but I enjoy every minute of this game, I play slow, read every note and log, search every room, do all quest. I just enjoy the gameplay by 200%. Thx Raphaël Colantonio for this great gift. Expand
  20. May 12, 2017
    The game does what its supposed to do which is completely entertain. Great atmosphere, graphics, and sound effects. I don't understand the negative reviews.
  21. May 15, 2017
    If I could I would go back and skip buying this. The further into the game I go (about 15 hours as of this review) the more frustrating the game gets. First off it's difficult, which normally I wouldn't complain about but in Prey (even on easy) it's a struggle to maintain everything (ammo, health, armor) and the enemies take outrageous amount of shots to kill comparatively. Even pointIf I could I would go back and skip buying this. The further into the game I go (about 15 hours as of this review) the more frustrating the game gets. First off it's difficult, which normally I wouldn't complain about but in Prey (even on easy) it's a struggle to maintain everything (ammo, health, armor) and the enemies take outrageous amount of shots to kill comparatively. Even point blank can take several shots with the shotgun to kill larger enemies. I'm now finding it necessary to just sprint past them to get to an objective. I've hardly been able to create anything in the fabricator as all my parts go to ammo and health packs. I would love to branch out some neuromod points into more useful skills, but they're limited to find and due to the aforementioned problem I can't really afford to craft them.

I'll still give it a 7 though as they did a good job of creating the feel of an older PC game, almost like Half-Life. No hand holding (well except the flashy objects and enemy "wall hack" markers) and no cut scenes. Just tossed into the game after a quick prologue and you're off. The game can be fun if you let it, just know that resource management (which I probably have just been bad at) has been the most important aspect so far.
  22. May 18, 2017
    Overall, it is a good game, and here is the list of pros and cons in my view:
    pros:
    1 - the environment and the music match the game very well. It has a very nice feeling to it. 2 - the story is interesting and I really liked the story telling style. It is indirect and very engaging, Specially if you end up reading the notes and emails. There aren't many of them, and there are many
    Overall, it is a good game, and here is the list of pros and cons in my view:
    pros:
    2 - the story is interesting and I really liked the story telling style. It is indirect and very engaging, Specially if you end up reading the notes and emails. There aren't many of them, and there are many repeated ones. Won't take much time to read and really put things in perspective. I totally recommend reading them. It also puts a nice pace to the game too. You stop, read something interesting, then go back to game and move on.
    3 - there is very little hand holding the game, you need to find everything yourself and make things happen and there are many different ways of doing it.
    4 - the game is filled with fun and interesting secrets. After 30 hours I have not been able to find 10% of it. And these 10% I figured out through those notes. Don't look up spoilers on them, they are really satisfying to figure out by yourself.
    5 - A very diverse and interesting talents and abilities that you can gain. I have rarely seen this many interesting stuff in any video games, from turning into a cup of coffee to teleporing.

Cons:
    1 - The controller felt very weird and laggy on PS4. They released a patch for it and now it is better. But I don't know how they missed that on their play tests.
    2 - The loading times are horrendous. It takes literally 5min some time to move between areas. It is really annoying specially in the end that you end up going through the areas a lot. You will be mostly waiting on loading screen than playing.
    3 - The endgame enemy types are very cheaply designed. There are some no man's sky drones called military units that have eyes back of their head, they can fly, and shoot at any direction. Just very cheap design for a stealth oriented game. I liked the Dishonored enemy progression way more.

It is a good game overall, give demo a try and see if it is the game for you. I enjoyed it, minus some annoyances that I mentioned. And I see a lot of the reviews here are just based on demo which is not fair at all in my view.
  23. May 10, 2017
    A big disappointment. I remember System Shock 1 & 2 well, and this game has not 1 ounce of the atmosphere or character of those games. Yes sure, the graphics are disappointing, but that's not the be all and end all to be honest, its the "feel" of the game that is wrong.

You are marooned in space and it feels like you are marooned in a shopping mall, its very underwhelming and the coffee mug/alien novelty wears off quick.

Crafting is shallow, gun-play is poor, stealth not really viable and has 1 dimensional enemies you get bored of after 2-3 hours.

Music cues are good though, and this is the only real part that adds atmosphere. Runs well on my PC which is toward the higher end of the performance spectrum, no crashes or bugs so far (12 hours in).

So far in 2017 we have been spoilt for quality games on PC and PS4, this is not one of them and is ultimately a totally forgettable experience.
  24. May 25, 2017
    I found Prey to be one of the most repetitive games I've ever played. The game is basically linear, it makes you run back and forth between the station decks picking up little clues, safe numbers, items... which unlock doors, safes and things on entirely different levels. Back and forth, back and forth... it get's really BORING once you have to go past the same hum drum stuff you passedI found Prey to be one of the most repetitive games I've ever played. The game is basically linear, it makes you run back and forth between the station decks picking up little clues, safe numbers, items... which unlock doors, safes and things on entirely different levels. Back and forth, back and forth... it get's really BORING once you have to go past the same hum drum stuff you passed before.

What really made me uninstall is that even though loot doesn't respawn in boxes and cabinets, the MOBS do! You work your way and plan you finally kill the damn things when, poof, a few hours later when you revisit a room, the DARN THING IS THERE AGAIN!!!

If the game is going to have me going back and forth, the least it could do is NOT resurrect the monsters!!!! Hated it, uninstalled it... POOF it's gone.
  25. May 8, 2017
    This game really isn't particularly consistent except where its consistently derivative. It is borrowing the story telling styles of Half Life and Bioshock and Portal, and although on the whole I can at least objectively say there is an effort to be more creative and clever in the story department than we've seen in the Dishonored series, it suffers personally to me because the narrativeThis game really isn't particularly consistent except where its consistently derivative. It is borrowing the story telling styles of Half Life and Bioshock and Portal, and although on the whole I can at least objectively say there is an effort to be more creative and clever in the story department than we've seen in the Dishonored series, it suffers personally to me because the narrative style is an unpleasant mash of Arkane's story telling trying to act like someone else, and I'm not fond of Arkane's story telling. On PS4 the graphics are weak. There is no sense of dynamic lighting, the background textures are almost polygonal, and the character design is too derivative of Dishonored, and the look of 19th century whale punk cartoonishness doesn't quite fit the narrative, and is a piece of what's driving me away from the narrative. The game play just isn't sufficient to overcome that, because it's floaty and simple and really just relies on simple surprise tactics you overcome simply by assuming every inanimate object is a Dark Souls Mimic chest, and that gets tiring. If you were looking for a space opera homage game or desperately wanted Half-life 3, this game isn't going to satisfy that. Its just OK. Expand
  26. May 17, 2017
    So I just finished Prey and I have to say that it was okay. The multiple paths made exploring the space station interesting. The neuromod abilities were really helpful both in and out of combat. Multiple endings encourage you to replay it.

But some things hold it back like the fact all the enemies look the same except for their aura. Moving throughout the ship causes loding screen after loading screen to appear which get annoying. And finally the fact that Prey 2 was cancelled for this disappoints me. Say what you want, but Human Head had something beautiful and Bethesda ruined it.
  27. May 17, 2017
    Half-Life, BioShock, and Dead Space are its obvious influences, which is fine, but I'd be more forgiving if the controls weren't so sluggish, and the enemy variation had a more appealing design. Swinging your wrench downward at little fast black blobs gets tedious after a while. I like how the game gives you numerous ways to approach how you progress through it, depending on what skillsHalf-Life, BioShock, and Dead Space are its obvious influences, which is fine, but I'd be more forgiving if the controls weren't so sluggish, and the enemy variation had a more appealing design. Swinging your wrench downward at little fast black blobs gets tedious after a while. I like how the game gives you numerous ways to approach how you progress through it, depending on what skills you choose to obtain and upgrade. That said though, at least from what I can tell, it's not even possible to access 100% of all skills and abilities in one play through. And there's no new game+ so you won't be able to replay it to unlock the rest of them, you just make different choices next time if you want. The sci-fi story is decent, but it's not as mind-blowing as the devs probably thought it was before delivering it.

One last thing - MAKE SURE TO USE MULTIPLE SLOTS WHEN YOU SAVE. Actually, just use a new slot every single time. This game is currently very glitchy, and it's likely for some corpses containing vital items at times to clip fall through a floor or disappear entirely. This makes it literally impossible to get to the end if you only use one slot, and save your progress after you unknowingly caused a dead body to vanish at some point. YOU'RE **** You have no choice but to start the game all over again like it's your first time.
  28. May 10, 2017
    I don't wanna spoil things but i think everyone know your trapped in a spaceship with aliens blablabla
    I didn't play the beta because it was so many gigabytes and I wanted tho keep the gigs for the full game
    positive + great action and graphics + creepy first hour ( you feel like you have no chance of surviving in this game ) + mimics are small but a challenge + story + weapons
    positive
    + great action and graphics
    + mimics are small but a challenge
    + story
    + weapons
    negative
    - small bugs( there not gamebreaking )
    - enemies feel the same after a while
    - its good that this game is hard but dying over and over if you have no chance is frustrating
    its a good game but frustrating and loses its taste but overall good
    because i love bethesda not a 7 but an 8 , but next time on this level i'il give a 7
  29. May 10, 2017
    Story is slightly typical, but takes twists and turns that keep you captivated. The enemies lack some variety, but are still creepy as hell when you come up on one unexpectedly. Where this game really shines is the atmosphere, level design, skill tree, problem solving/puzzles, and the looting/crafting systems. There are many ways to solve one problem, or take down enemies, or get intoStory is slightly typical, but takes twists and turns that keep you captivated. The enemies lack some variety, but are still creepy as hell when you come up on one unexpectedly. Where this game really shines is the atmosphere, level design, skill tree, problem solving/puzzles, and the looting/crafting systems. There are many ways to solve one problem, or take down enemies, or get into emails, or go behind locked doors and no matter what skill tree you decide to climb, it makes for a unique and memorable experience.

This game has a lot to offer if you can get past the "Latency" rumors and a few minor sound bugs. It absolutely scratches that Bioshock itch.
  30. May 8, 2017
    Despite having unlocked some neat skills, I just can't get over the fact that the gunplay is quite sluggish and enemy design feels so uninspired, fighting mimics (which you'll be doing a lot) quickly got tedious for me and is just not creepy at all. This in my opinion has a negative effect on the atmosphere of the game, because the scary feeling of being stranded in a space station aloneDespite having unlocked some neat skills, I just can't get over the fact that the gunplay is quite sluggish and enemy design feels so uninspired, fighting mimics (which you'll be doing a lot) quickly got tedious for me and is just not creepy at all. This in my opinion has a negative effect on the atmosphere of the game, because the scary feeling of being stranded in a space station alone is watered down with these monotonous encounters. As a fan of Bioshock and Dishonored, I thought this would be my cup of tea and while this is not by any stretch a bad game, it is just above average in general. Expand
  31. Jul 17, 2017
    Okay people saying stupid **** like "it's a BioShock ripoff" or "it should have been about a space bounty hunter" need to shut the hell up. Also, poor user reviews like "Runs bad on my PC" in the PS4 section just once again confirms how pathetic and cancerous the computer gaming community is.

Prey is a wonderful System/BioShock-inspired game with a brilliant mysterious plot, tense atmosphere and solid gameplay. After one of the best openings to a game I've ever witnessed the Prey hooked me up and didn't let go until the finale about 35 hours later, even if got a bit less tense in the second half. The game's biggest strength, apart from the fun powers to play with, is the amazing environmental storytelling with a deeply-written lore, as well as the main intriguing storyline. Speaking about the story in detail means spoilers, and those are present from almost the beginning of Prey, so I will just recommend any FPS or RPG or Sci-Fi or just gaming fan to give this game a try, for it's worth it. A bonus mentioning is the soundtrack which has a couple of very memorable songs that I'll be listening to for a while.

Still, the game's not perfect, and I have the following complaints: 1) The loading screens. They are long and pesky and really break up the immersion. 2) Backtracking. While initially progressing through new sections of the Talos station, eventually the game makes you backtrack the already familiar areas with annoying respawning enemies. It is especially painful with the aforementioned loading screens. 3) Bugs. Even though it's been several months since the game's release I still could not complete at least two side quests due to bugs. Plus there was more annoying stuff like inventory items failing to stack up properly, quest completion notifications popping up randomly and some buttons like reload not working unless I loaded a previous save. 4) The ending. I won't dwell into spoiler territory here, but I felt like it gave more new questions rather than answers.

Even so, it is still one of the best games I've played in a while. Arkane studios have proven their superiority with the Dishonored games and this is another solid hit on their hands, I really wish it sold better than it did, and sincerely hope it's getting a sequel.
  32. Sep 16, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having loved the first, old Prey, my expectations on Arkane's Prey were conflicting: on one hand I was expecting an excellent game, on the other hand a game that would never have been special as the original. Surely, I loved what I've found.

This Prey's plot is much richer than that of the original: it has an historical background, it has big plot twists and a better writing – palpable the imprint of Chris Avellone. Arkane changes shape, but not substance: a constant search for one's own identity. A path to be followed that will lead to ultimate destination: the discovery and definition of own nature. Who is Morgan Yu? Who do we want Morgan Yu to be? Not only this. Losing our memories can possibly change our opinions or positions on something we dealed differently? Probably. Maybe the most correct question is: what does it mean to be human? What is our place in the universe? A universe where aliens like Typhon can't feel empathy, but possess extraordinary powers. Almost like having to tight a blood pact, to get something sacrificing something else, but this is more for humans than for Typhon. Almost to say that if you want a great power, that great power will consume you till change what you are. Why? Because you can't get everything. Just like the old Prey, the meaning of this story, is that human being is not great and powerful as it likes to think. Ending plot twist is really a bomb; and even then you can make a choice. Choosing who or what "Morgan" ultimately wants to be.

Prey's gameplay is most likely the gameplay that every game would have today if the golden age of video games would never ended. Many naive and younger players compare it to BioShock: no, Prey is better. In Prey you can complete missions, secondary quests, even before you receive the assignment itself. In Prey, thanks to the revolutionary Gloo gun, it's possible to reach many inaccessible places, thus creating true roads where there are not. In Prey, rubber darts launched with a crossbow, can be used to push buttons and open closed doors, or using the touchpad of a computer screen, thus acting as an indirect remote control. In Prey, almost all objects possess their own physics, can be launched and manipulated, environmental interactivity – as it should theoretically be for all modern games – is very high, free, experimentable. All Talos I is freely explorable, and the player can devote himself to recovering data and information in the station to find out its secrets. There are really a lot of roads to walk, and the player can chose which one is better to take. Very beautiful also sections with zero gravity, albeit somewhat confusing. In Prey, at least 3/4 of choices, both secondary and primary, affect the game by generating at least a dozen different finals. Enemies are various and have variable powers, some more lethal, others less. They have violent, fast and aggressive attitudes – a great artificial intelligence, in short. Thanks to alien powers, is possible to transform the character in common objects from the simplest to the most complex, in order to circumvent obstacles, hide or deceive the enemies. Level of challenge, even at "normal", is quite high: generally can be dead with 2 or 3 direct hits. All this, it's much, much more than a BioShock game. It's actually an old basic gameplay, worthy of a real video game, but still improved anyway, and the fact that it looks new today should make reflect on the differences in the gaming values of the past and of the present. Something got lost in time, but Prey recovers it and improves it.

Graphically the game is very nice. It doesn't excel, but it doesn't need it either. Artistic steampunk, retrofuturistic and art déco design is very well done and beautiful. Too bad for some details, such as reflections on glass and mirrors, which unfortunately – like most modern games – are missing; it's fair to remember that in the old Prey, these details were present. Soundtrack is great, both Mick Gordon and Colantonio tracks are nice and fits game's atmosphere. Optimization works, but has problems: many bugs, a game that looks at the past this way, should also provide a better optimization, because once there were no reluctant day-one patches. Loading times get ridiculously too much long going forward in the game.

This new Prey? I loved it. It founds its way, learning from the past and teaching to the present and future. Gameplay and true interactivity, challenge, plot and good thematics, graphic and much more. More games should be like Prey, and this is a fact not a personal taste. A game made (almost) all in the old good way. Sure, it's a different Prey if compared to the old one, but it's still a masterpiece, and I was the first not completely believing in it, but I had to admit its merits. Many won't understand it, others will compare it to BioShock, while Prey is much greater than BioShock. Only true gamers will know and appreciate the gem they found.
  33. May 14, 2017
    Prey draws you into the story fairly successfully; I personally have always prefered multiplayer/coop games, but I took a shot with prey, largely based off of it being from Bethesda, and I am very happy with it.

It is very challenging, and affords multiple ways to complete each objective, with there being no 'best' for any situation. I would definitely purchase again.
  34. May 17, 2017
    If you love the idea of exploring a space station overrun by alien, collecting tons of loot, craft any item you need and use space magic to take the form of a coffee cup... then this game is for you!

The game is challenging but never unfair, solid experience, around 25/30 hour for first run. The two only complains are the 2 loading screen (why two?) and the respawning enemies (why do

The two only complains are the 2 loading screen (why two?) and the respawning enemies (why do I need to kill the same 3 enemies when going through certain places?).
  35. Jun 24, 2017
    I like the open world space station, gave the game a feel of non-linearity which is something more game developers should try. I like the fact that exploration was rewarded usually with neuromods or weapon upgrade kits and stuff, although only a few of the side missions were challenging. The space station can be sterile and uninteresting through your exploration of it and the loading timesI like the open world space station, gave the game a feel of non-linearity which is something more game developers should try. I like the fact that exploration was rewarded usually with neuromods or weapon upgrade kits and stuff, although only a few of the side missions were challenging. The space station can be sterile and uninteresting through your exploration of it and the loading times when travelling between areas is horribly tedious. The RPG elements are pretty good, and using abilities to your advantage in combat was rewarding. The ending was a let down. Overall decent game, that was ambitious but didn't do the greatest job of executing its vision. Expand
  36. Jun 26, 2017
    Starting on Talos one alone and surrounded by creatures and other-worldly monstrosities has never felt so gripping. Instilling a sense of dread early on with limited resources and ammo, constantly being bombarded by mimics disguised as coffee mugs, rolls of toilet paper and other non-inspiring objects.

As you progress you'll find blue-prints enabling you to build ammunition, weapons and consumables. Rewarding those who like to check every nook and cranny. Aside from scavenging you're able to peek into the lives of those stationed aboard Talos one via open terminals. A glimpse into the day to day routines, to the more nefarious deeds of the employees. You also gain access to security terminals where you can locate every (and I mean every) employee on board living or dead. Some terminals will also yield maps and schematics as well.

The skill tree at first seems very overwhelming where each upgrade in the beginning seems like a monumental choice. At a certain point in the game you have the choice of infusing alien skills into your play-style enabling you make some truly devastating builds. As you progress and determine the play-style you want the choices you want to make become less daunting.

The game takes you various facilities around the space station, each section has its own unique story and characters tied to them. From a sprawling garden to lavish lounge and even exiting the station for some flight among the stars. Sadly, the load times are quite long and become increasingly frustrating toward the end of the game due to backtracking.

All in all I loved almost every aspect of this game. The various enemy types, weapons, characters and locales make this a truly horrifying and unique experience. From the lonely abandoned hallways to the endless expanse of floating around Talos one, very few games nowadays can hit that sweet spot between horror and action but PREY nails it.
  37. Jul 4, 2017
    Prey, the new game of Bethesda Softworks and Arkane Studios. It is a mix of Dishonored and Bioshock,
    which takes us from the beginning of the game and guide us until the end. In Prey, we have everything, from RPG to FPS, from Survival to Horror. An unforgettable atmosphere, which is accompanied by a great OST, particularly Mick Gordon's track ''Everything is going to be ok''. Great graphics, interesting characters, so Prey has everything to be the Game of the Year.
  38. May 10, 2017
    Here is my review of Prey, Arkane Studios newest game published by Bethesda games.
    Prey is a AAA Indie game when it comes to how it feels and plays (unique). The DNA of Bioshock, Deus Ex, System Shock and Dishonored can be felt through the experience but ultimately Prey feels like it's own game. You are Morgan Yu and have lost your memory, and the game tells you very little about where you are and why you're there, the main premise of the Prey is unraveling the mystery of what's going on aboard the space-station Talos I.
    Gameplay consist of combat and discovery with the latter being far more prevalent. You are free to explore Talos I at your own pace with the occasional story beat popping in here and there leading you to new areas of the space-station. Prey starts off very slow with little knowledge of what to expect but all i can say without spoilers is that the game evolves and expands in interesting ways. Prey does not hold your hand and it trusts the players intelligence.
    There are many types of weapons and player upgrades that allow you to play a very specific way, just like in Deus ex, you can move a heavy object or hack a terminal or search the area for something else entirely to get past an obstacle. Prey is a fun game and also a very smart game, it has fantastic design in it's aesthetics and environments. I would recommend this game for fans of the immersive sim genre but I can't say that Prey is an instant classic and will be remembered for it's familiar gameplay. What i can say is that if you're looking for something new to play then look no further than Prey.
  39. May 6, 2017
    Played the first four hours straight and in the end had to bring myself to stop playing.

Prey is a pretty good adventure and a pretty bad shooter. As the lack of ironsights already suggests, conventional weapons are just one way to disable or kill enemies. It's as legitimate as the use of vending machines, hacking, nerf guns, enviroment or your old friend the explosive barrel.

Graphics are mediocre but the atmosphere is spot on. No stylistic minimalism and holographic space magic but good old hard sci-fi with a huge portion of art deco. The comparisons to Bioshock are pretty legit if it comes to the art style.

What made the game for me was the freedom. Before the main story even took off i explored the place for hours and powered my character up with some items i'm pretty sure where supposed to be not accessible for most of the people until a few more hours in. But you can absolutly get them if you put in the time and effort. It makes for a great feeling of progress and building up your character.

In the end, if Prey is for you depends mainly on the question if you're looking for a shooter or an exploration game with strong emphasis on character development (in terms of gameplay). Get it for the latter.
  40. May 7, 2017
    The amount of 9s and 10s for this game is ridiculous. Prey is a mediocre game at best AND worst. Gameplay wise, it reminds me of a mix between System Shock and Bioshock but unfortunately not as good as either. Glaring audio issues ( I had to turn the volume down for "music" and effects and crank the volume on my TV just to hear what people are saying.), bugs (enemies shooting throughThe amount of 9s and 10s for this game is ridiculous. Prey is a mediocre game at best AND worst. Gameplay wise, it reminds me of a mix between System Shock and Bioshock but unfortunately not as good as either. Glaring audio issues ( I had to turn the volume down for "music" and effects and crank the volume on my TV just to hear what people are saying.), bugs (enemies shooting through closed doors, lagging menu anomalies, slow loading textures and lock ups at load screens.), an absolutely wretched hacking process, and kind of wonky controls. With the issues fixed I'd give it a high 7 but as is, it's just as annoying as it is fun. I wish I would have waited and bought it used. Expand
  41. May 14, 2017
    Prey is hella fun and at times overwhelming in its relative open world. You need to strategically manage inventory, suit, ammo, powers. Setting and story are intriguing, shape shifting rocks and fights can be anything from sneak one hit kills to brutal, stretched out battles. Quit whining and git good. Playing the different endings is amazing, despite minor issues with game crashes, givingPrey is hella fun and at times overwhelming in its relative open world. You need to strategically manage inventory, suit, ammo, powers. Setting and story are intriguing, shape shifting rocks and fights can be anything from sneak one hit kills to brutal, stretched out battles. Quit whining and git good. Playing the different endings is amazing, despite minor issues with game crashes, giving this a 10 to cancel out the d*ckhead zeroes. Expand
  42. May 11, 2017
    I love this game.

I love this game.

Unlike many other current gen games it really rewards exploration, collecting items, upgrading your skills. I love that it takes hours until the whole gameplay mechanics are "revealed" and you get the hang of it. But it is not tedious to learn all that. In fact that is the most fun part of it. To discover all the cool stuff and ideas the devs have put in it. The amount of innovation in this game is incredible. It's such a breath of fresh air compared to the usual "go to this quest-marker, kill some monsters, collect some items" games.

I also like the graphics, setting, style and survival horror feeling.

It's the best game I've played in a while and it exceeded my expectations.
  43. May 11, 2017
    You'd be doing yourself a huge disservice by not playing this game. This is a masterpiece and how it's getting weak reviews by some critics and reviewers proves that the gaming industry is becoming increasingly dumbed down.

This is not your casual shooter - this is a sci-fi horror exploration RPG with shooter elements that combined work almost flawlessly. I understand that the game is not perfect and there have been some bugs (including game breaking bugs), but these are extremely rare. I also understand that the guns aren't anything special, but combined with the unique spells, environment and music, it all works very, very well. What I'm incredibly excited for is the sequel to this game - if they can pull off the same great story and gameplay mechanics but just include more of everything (more guns, more spells, more NPCs, more exploration and more enemy variety) then that game will truly be a 10. As it stands, this game is sitting at a 9.5 for me. Oh, and PC is the only way to play this game. 60fps using mouse and keyboard are a dream.
  44. Jun 12, 2017
    Prey implements contrasts like no other game I've played. All at once it brilliantly juxtaposes itself with familiarity and foreignness; originality and homage; fear and comfort; story and gameplay.

Like Dishonored, it mixes story, world and gameplay elements to create an experience that feels both original and familiar. It is easy to see the inspirations for Prey, games like Bioshock, System Shock, Dues Ex and Dishonored.
    However, despite the many similarities, Prey still feels fresh and engaging.
    The intended claustrophobic atmosphere is contrasted by the wide, wondrous views of the Arbotoreum and the Talos Lobby.
    The story's plot and twists were also brilliant. As soon as I thought I had caught onto a tangible clue or figured out the story, Prey threw something new into the mix. By the time I reached the end, I was both expecting and blown away by the finale (admittedly, more blown away than expectant).

I am a huge fan of Dishonored so was a bit hesitant going into Prey, not expecting it to be as good. But I am pleasantly surprised that I can rate it as equal to Dishonored's ingenuity.
  45. May 15, 2017
    Prey is subtle. If your idea of a great game is shooting, bashing and looting your way thru every level then it probably isn't the game for you.

However, if you like good level design, thought provoking story lines, multiple solutions to problems and a great atmosphere then welcome home. Prey is for you. It most reminds me of a slower paced Half-Life 2 although there are elements of all the other games that have been mentioned as it's influences.
    In the end it depends on what you want in a game. I can see why the people who don't like it feel taht way but to me it overcomes it's blemishes to become an outstanding game.
  46. Jun 3, 2017
    A video game being relentless is certainly not a bad thing, but when relentlessness is paired with dreary and repetitive gameplay it isn’t a good mix at all. It's just not fun. Despite the admirable design of the locations and enemies, playing Prey just felt like a chore.
  47. Jun 2, 2017
    If they could please release a patch to give it a decent ending this game would be much better. As it is I was left feeling pretty deflated and disappointed after finishing this game. The story just dwindles into nothing important or satisfying. I wouldn't waste my time if I could do it over. Total let down.
  48. May 15, 2017
    Bioshock meets DeusEx in space. It is a good combination in my opinion and fair comparison. I wasn't expecting shooter and maybe that's why it didn't disappoint me. I had great fun with it and enjoyed its slower pace and atmospheric gameplay.
  49. May 17, 2017
    Playing with Prey brought me back to 1997, to the amazing System shock 2...let me say...WOW!
    The atmosphere is incredible, the gameplay is a unique mix of different genres and the artist direction is fantastic. The game is long (i spent 26 hr) and challenging, for a long time I did not see anything like that (No, not Bioschock).
    Honestly i don't understand the critics, given the low
    Honestly i don't understand the critics, given the low level of most productions...
  50. Oct 8, 2017
    I truly wished I could like this game, but every time the game find new ways to annoy.

The game has been clearly influenced by developers previous work: bioshock and dishonored. It has great locations you want to explore more and more. The controls work great if you don't count the zero gravitation areas., and the weapons feel excellent. The presentation in the beginning is done right. Crafting weapons, utilities and materials are something new and refreshing.

Unfortunately that's all I can say. Story wise there is no character development, the game throws at you dialogs from characters that you almost never see and protagonist never responds to anything. The game mechanics get very quickly repetitive and the ones you fight against look almost the same. The mini games like hacking is laughable. The game has also some technical problems as well which would take another whole chapter to cover. For a game that forces you to go from one area to another get ready for the loading screens most of your game time.

After 20+ hours I got bored, I couldn't take it anymore. I was playing the game hoping something would eventually change, but it's the same thing from the beginning. Like MGS5 the game throws at you repetitive mission and exposition that you supposed to care about. and does not reward you at the end.

It did not deliver what I was expecting, game and technical wise. The whole build up for the secret reveal in the end I just watched on Youtube, and it wasn't satisfying.
  51. Jun 23, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excellent game ... ignore all the negative reviews - it is obvious those ppl have not explored properly.
    Great mechanics and level-tree, combat is fine and the 'enemies' can be quite scary and challenging if not handled in the right way. Travel is neither too easy nor too difficult and the setting (even though it is an imaginary space-station) is believable and consistent. The story holds together even if the ending(s) are a little disappointed and truncated. IMO we are being set-up for a sequel - Prey 2 - which is a good thing! 9 or 10 ...
  52. May 10, 2017
    Coming into this, I knew it wasn't going to be anything like the original Prey from 2006, which I was totally on board with because I hated that game. I was very excited to see what Arkane could bring to this practically unheard-of series. Even though they failed to do this with Dishonored 2, they breathed new life into it, but still made a game with some very rough edges.
    The story was
    The story was the main reason I bought Prey. When I saw the first trailer at E3 last year, I was immediately hooked. Luckily, the overall concept is still interesting, and it does throw some pretty surprising twists throughout its entirety, but the time in between those is very slow-paced. For example,, I was watching a video of something, and before I got to see the end, it got shut off, so I had to go all the way to the other side of the ship to fix it, then head all the way back to the place I started to finish the video and find out what I already knew. Keep in mind that Talos 1 is the size of half the moon, so you can understand why this upsets me.
    I'll also say that for an FPS, the combat is terrible, and probably the worst part of the game. There's no way to aim, so you'll find yourself shooting all over the place until you hit your target, Now this sounds alright, but add in the fact that resources spread very thin, and you'll realise you're just wasting ammo. It's better to just use the GLOO gun on enemies until they're frozen, then whack them with your wrench, but this gets boring quickly, and when dealing with a large crowd of enemies, it can be hard to pull off. There are work-arounds for the lack of aiming, but none of them are fantastic substitutes. Combat focus slows down time to help you line up a shot, but this isn't always that effective, since you are slowed down as well. If you press R3 and zoom in, it makes the crosshair for the gun smaller, but it's not accessible enough, and given how fast enemies are, it's not the most ideal choice in the moment.
    So what's good about Prey? Well, for starters, it's secretly one of the best horror games you could buy right now. Walking around Talos 1, I was constantly filled with a sense of unease, knowing that somewhere around the corner, there could be a typhon. It does an incredible job at world building and making you feel on-edge throughout it's entirety. But that's not the full extent of Prey's terrors. The enemies are what truly make it a genuine horror experience. The typhons are already creepy in design, but add the fact that some of them blend in with the environment, and you've got a recipe for some actually unexpected and scary jumpscares. The ones I'm referring to are called mimics, which are just the shadow equivalent of head crabs from Half-Life, and they can transform into objects in the environment. Sometimes, they're easy to spot. If there are two coffee cups sitting next to each other on a table, more likely than not, one of them is a mimic. But sometimes, they disguise themselves as collectables, so if you go to pick up a health pack, it might just turn out to be a mimic that wants to drain the life from you're body. The best part is that you can get these powers too. You can turn into a small object and get underneath a door or a window, or turn into a turret to be better equipped to fight the mimics. The only problem is that if you have these powers, the regular turrets will recognise you as an enemy and shoot at you, which I love.
    Another thing Prey does well is the soundtrack, and sound design as a whole. The music is composed by the Hans Zimmer of video games, Mick Gordon, who convinced me he was a god after I played through DOOM. The music is amazing, and really fits the game's setting. I don't complement games on their soundtrack often, so that means you should give it a listen, even if you don't buy the game.
    Prey also has a lot of good RPG elements that were also present in Arkane's previous titles, specifically Dishonored. There are skill trees with 6 different categories, each giving you different abilities and powers. You use neuromods, which are these things you inject into your eye to gain new abilities, and they have a pretty crucial role in the story, so that's also neat. But this isn't the only great RPG element of Prey. It has successfully made junk useful. Just trust me when I say pick up literally everything you find because even if it's some broken piece of equipment or a banana peel, you can recycle it, and turn into some cubes that can be used to fabricate different items like weapons, ammo, and eventually neuromods. This is a genius mechanic that has only be previously done in Bethesda's own, Fallout 4.

Overall, Prey is a game that I could see many people playing for hours on end. But even though there are multiple endings and a few side quests I missed, I don't feel compelled to go back and play through it again. That said, I still had a lot of fun with it, and I'd recommend it if it were on sale or at a lower price. 7/10.
  53. May 11, 2017
    tl;dr: Its deus ex with a dishonored art flair

There is nothing prey does that has not been done by other games a million times before. But after the recent crap that has come out trying to be "inovative" its a breath of fresh air. Seriously, most fans of games say "i really liked that game, I would like more of that in the sequel/spin off" to which studios answer "lol no, were gonna
    tl;dr: Its deus ex with a dishonored art flair

Seriously, most fans of games say "i really liked that game, I would like more of that in the sequel/spin off" to which studios answer "lol no, were gonna do this inovative thing and circle jerk over the results"

Prey sticks to a very tried and true set of concepts and mechanics and the result is nowhere near a game of the year, and im sure critics wont drool on it, but as a guy who likes a decent game that has some playability to it, im reall liking it.

there are some negatives however. The story is thin as hell and heavily relies on the backstory to prop it up. The enemies are bland and when you encounter them the screen goes hazy-ish (yes I understand the reason for this, its still annoying). Moat of the characters you actually interact with are uninteresting while the characters in the audiologs are the interesting ones...very odd... and the station on the whole is a little small for my tastes.

all in all i give it an 8.
  54. May 7, 2017
    Супер игра. Превосходеая атмосфера и графика. Мне игра очень сильна понравилась и я советую ее всем и даже тем кто не знаком с первой частью. Супер!!!
  55. May 12, 2017
    This game, wow... seriously, don't listen to the crybaby, nitpicky reviews. This is the best thing since Bioshock or System Shock 2. I loved every minute I put into this game so far! Yes, it's not perfect, but it's really good at being what it is. It borrows from Half-Life, the Shock games, a little Deus Ex, a little Alien, mixes it all up and you get a nice fun experience. You can play itThis game, wow... seriously, don't listen to the crybaby, nitpicky reviews. This is the best thing since Bioshock or System Shock 2. I loved every minute I put into this game so far! Yes, it's not perfect, but it's really good at being what it is. It borrows from Half-Life, the Shock games, a little Deus Ex, a little Alien, mixes it all up and you get a nice fun experience. You can play it however you chose. It's a great game, really and truly! Expand
  56. May 6, 2017
    I'm loving every moment of this game. It reminds me of one of my favorite games of all time, system shock. I t runs great, looks awesome and the combat is super fun. The story is very engaging and makes me want to know more.
  57. May 8, 2017
    (Mostly Spoiler Free):
    (Mostly Spoiler Free):
    FUNCTIONALITY: I played this game on the PS4 with no significant problems. There were a couple of frame rate drops for maybe a second, but no longer. Other than that, the game runs really smoothly with no difficulties. Loading screens do take quite a while, however, each area is really large and require no extra loading screens. In other words, you may have to wait a couple minutes for an area to load, or to switch between areas, but once it has loaded, then that's it. I have never really waited longer than 2 minutes except when just starting up the game, and once the game is going, load times can vary from < or = to 2 minutes or so.
    GAMEPLAY/MECHANICS: Difficult, and I love it! There is no x-ray vision/wallhacks. Enemies are difficult to spot and deal with. Gunplay resembles that of older shooters instead of the mega twitchy COD style. The upgrades and powers are amazing and help power you up against relentless enemies. I won't go too deep into the powers and upgrades as I do not want to spoil anything, but it is important to note that there is no Exp in this game. Upgrades are gained by finding upgrade items in the world called Neuromods. Health does not regenerate from taking cover, instead, you will use health packs, food, or Medical Operators. There is a stamina bar which regenerates after melee attacks or sprinting. There are sneak mechanics and exploration is heavily rewarded. This is the type of game where you want to explore every corner, crawl under and into every space, pick up everything, interact with every computer/monitor/interface, and read every note/book capable of being read. The game also has space walk mechanics for when your character gains the ability to go EVA. Crafting is essential. (Mild spoiler) There are Recycler machines where you can plop in all your junk to turn it into resources and (sometimes) accompanying Fabrication machines where you will be able to fabricate anything from weapons, to ammo, to health, and even Neuromods, to name a few, but only provided that you have found the corresponding blueprints aka "Fabrication Plans." As far as alternate weapons go, you get a Gloo gun early on, which allows for interesting mechanics in combat and exploration. It was at this point that I started to see and think of this game as Half-Life 3 where you get a Gloo gun instead of a Gravity gun. In fact when it comes to ATMOSPHERE this game is very dark, scary, creepy, mysterious, and evokes memories of the Half-Life, Bioshock, and Dishonored series (no surprise there as Arkane studios is responsible for both Prey and Dishonored).
    GRAPHICS: The graphics and animations are good, not "super amazin!" but good, regardless of what the haters are saying. Honestly graphics are not nearly as important in a video game as people think imo. It is necessary for graphics to be good, but not every game needs to be excellent. I don't know how many really pretty games are out there that have terrible mechanics and gameplay, and how many game have horrible graphics but awesome mechanics and gameplay. The Graphics wont win awards, but they are fine.
    CONTENT: This game has a lot of stuff to explore, discover, and fight. Average play times range from 16 - 20 hours, and that's only if you set it on easy and rush through main quest objectives. You can easily spend more than double that if you take your time and pick your way through everything, collect every scrap of info, enter every hidden or blocked off area, and discover every secret. As for REPLAYABILITY, it's very high as you will not likely be able to do go and do everything as some things require certain upgrades, and you will be unable to upgrade every skill/power in a single playthrough.
    STORY: Very deep and intricate. There are plenty of twists and turns that I will not spoil, and the story is a total head trip. Very interesting and very rewarding. A wonderful spiritual successor to Half-Life!!!
    CUTSCENES: Non-existent, and that's a good thing. Too many games rely on cutscenes when in many cases they are completely unnecessary and immersion breaking. The "Cutscenes," in Prey resemble that of Half-Life, or even Skyrim, which is to say, you walk up to a character and actually talk with them. You do not break immersion to learn new information or to interact with a character. The closest thing to a "traditional" cutscene would be a situation where you watch a video file, of which there are plenty, on the "Looking Glass," screens, but you are watching these scenes through the first person pov of you character. Very immersive.
    CONCLUSION: I give this game a 10/10 and it is easily on the top of my list for GOTY. It's not an easy game, it doesn't hold your hand, and if you like games that practically play themselves, or ones where everything is simply given to you and take no skill or thought then you will probably hate Prey. But if you like games such as Half-Life, Bioshock, or Dishonored, then you will not be disappointed.
  58. May 6, 2017
    Felling like playing Bioshock 1 and 2 with some mixture of Dishonored.
    One of the greatest openings in games I played so far. Grabs You and pushes You to play more and more. The soundtrack is great and makes really unique atmosphere of danger and mystery.
    This game proves that you don't need hyperrealistic graphics to make really stylish and good looking game. -1 for some minor 3D
    Felling like playing Bioshock 1 and 2 with some mixture of Dishonored.

-1 for some minor 3D sound issues
  59. May 7, 2017
    The game doesn't feel like an evolution of similar in the genre - both Dishonoured games and all of the Bioshock games just felt more engaging and interesting compared to Prey. It also doesn't run well on a PS4 Pro - definitely not even close to 60 frames per second - feels more like 25 or 30. If you were to get the game, the YouTube videos of the PC version look much better and runThe game doesn't feel like an evolution of similar in the genre - both Dishonoured games and all of the Bioshock games just felt more engaging and interesting compared to Prey. It also doesn't run well on a PS4 Pro - definitely not even close to 60 frames per second - feels more like 25 or 30. If you were to get the game, the YouTube videos of the PC version look much better and run smoother compared to the PS4 version. As I was playing, I honestly just felt like the urge to replay older, better games. I will say some of the music in the game is really awesome though. Expand
  60. May 10, 2017
    Prey is a solid action adventure title with great fps elements. If System Shock, Thief and Event Horizon had a baby this would be it! The tech trees are wonderful, the graphics extremely nice and the sound design is second to none. If you have a 5.1 or greater sound system I would highly advise you to use it. The sound is THAT good. All the systems in place work very well together. InPrey is a solid action adventure title with great fps elements. If System Shock, Thief and Event Horizon had a baby this would be it! The tech trees are wonderful, the graphics extremely nice and the sound design is second to none. If you have a 5.1 or greater sound system I would highly advise you to use it. The sound is THAT good. All the systems in place work very well together. In about 15 hours I've had ZERO issues with the game so far. In fact, I'd go so far as to say Prey (the reboot) is worthy of your time if you liked System Shock 2, Bioshock, Thief, Deus Ex or even Tomb Raider. A wonderful game and worthy of GotY awards for sure. Expand
  61. May 10, 2017
    Absolutely joyless. This game is full of great ideas and doesn't execute nearly any of them fully. Not only that, but you die constantly because of inconsistent enemy behavior and running into random areas while floating in space. The story is cliche, poorly written, and just full of tropes that have been executed far better in other games. Avoid. It's an unfinished mess.
  62. May 7, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here is my review of Prey (Spoilers):
    Story - It is interesting. The character's name is Morgan Yu, either Male or Female scientist stuck in a facility called Talos 1 full of aliens called the Typhon in which some called mimics that copy any objects and if Morgan touches or goes near them they pop up and attack the player. The player has two allies in which will decide who to call for help and end the others life, Alex Yu (Brother) and January (Operator who has Morgans voice). Like Dishonor the endings have many possibilities (In which case 7 endings total) but 5 of the 7 are simulations cause turns out the player who was controlling the character is a Phantom one of the Typhon that has killed, consumed and copied both Morgan's memories and body (Mind Blown). The endings are: Destroy Talos 1 killing everyone including the player inside, Escape with the surviving crew the player has rescued during gameplay, Escape by yourself while Talos 1 self-destructs, Escape early or the player can sacrifice and let others escape Talos 1. Those were the simulation endings. The true endings is when the characters goes to its Phantom form it has an option of making peace or kill all humans in which Planet Earth has already been taken over by the Typhon.
    Gameplay - A little bit of Dishonored but in Space. The player may have weapons to survive against deadly aliens but there is a limit to use them especially fighting mini bosses like the Telepaths and the Nightmares and melee is very limited cause of the characters stamina meter. The Gloo gun is the most useful and only gun the player can rely to as it not only freezes the Typhon in place but creates new paths for the player to explore and extend to reach the ending. In order to get ammo the player would have to explore by searching rooms and objects or fight Typhons to pick up minerals to create ammo of their own, the player can also pick up any objects that or not mimics and throw them at a Typhon for damage as well. The level up system should also be the most useful part of the gameplay as the player must collect neuromorphs to obtain and upgrade powers in which the player can complete a mission quickly instead of searching each room or area which takes longer to complete a mission.
    Mechanics - For the movement is a little wobbly when walking forward but for shooting and interacting with prompts are okay, the player should be careful when constantly using melee is it consumes stamina and won't always hit a Typhon as well.
    AI - Annoying but smart. There's a detection meter that shows if a Typhon knows that the player is in their area or location and will also know if the player makes any sound but they still follow the player even if their meter is not full which I believe is a type of bug.
    Conclusion - Story is intense, Gameplay is well done, Mechanic is wobbly on movement and AI is 50/50 upon interacting with the player. Prey (2017) gives a good first person Dead Space gameplay and having the player be alerted of picking up or being near objects when approaching a room or area.
    Final Verdict:
    8 out of 10 - Making the player feel intense whether recklessly running past the Typhon or sneak and create a new and different path gives great creativity and new ways for speed running the game.
    Buy, Not Buy or Rent - Buy, with so many endings the player would know if accomplishing their decisions was worth it or not.
  63. May 6, 2017
    Awesome, fun game. Excellent sci-fi action/thriller that takes inspiration from System Shock and other classics like Half-Life. Prey drips atmosphere, the space station setting is fantastic, the aesthetic is excellent. Soundtrack by Gordon is top notch, a lot of synths and bass but it fits perfectly into the world.

Narrative and story is one of the better ones out there in recent times,

Narrative and story is one of the better ones out there in recent times, a lot of backstory to find through audio logs and text logs which builds the narrative wonderfully.

Combat can be hit or miss (literally), especially early on, however, it does not take long to get used to it so control is never really a problem after the first hour or two. Some people may find Normal difficulty too hard, but I recommend starting on Normal. The shooting is serviceable, but combat is made more fun due to tech trees that need Neuromods to upgrade; these serve as unlocks that help you in combat or in finding secret areas (of which there are many), so there are always options in how to tackle enemies, or even dodge and stealth past enemies.

Exploration is a huge part of this game and you will often find yourself side-tracked and exploring previously inaccessible areas. There is some backtracking, especially for side-quests, but that is something that has never bothered me: in fact, I love it. And it is worth backtracking or exploring every nook and cranny, as you will find a new weapon, more Neuromods, or weapon upgrade kits. It is also worth checking every computer, as many have side-quests hidden within their emails. All of this serves to make this a brilliant experience, one that will differ for everyone depending on how and if they stumble upon crazy side-quests hidden deep in Talos-1.

Overall, excellent offering from Arkane, they did a great job. If you enjoy alternate histories, conspiracy theories, and anything sci-fi, Prey will not disappoint you.

Great game. 9/10
  64. May 8, 2017
    I have to say...Arkane studios have made their best game here. I'm a big fan of the dishonored series and fallout (since Bethesda helped with prey). Game is Solid in so many ways but one...the controls. They feel clunky to me (worse then dishonored). They need to put in a dead zone control for the analog sticks. Other then that very good. Great RPG elements, Graphics, and story. This is aI have to say...Arkane studios have made their best game here. I'm a big fan of the dishonored series and fallout (since Bethesda helped with prey). Game is Solid in so many ways but one...the controls. They feel clunky to me (worse then dishonored). They need to put in a dead zone control for the analog sticks. Other then that very good. Great RPG elements, Graphics, and story. This is a definite BUY! Expand
  65. May 6, 2017
    Very interesting game indeed. I did not read up on this game at all. I'm glad I didn't. So many surprises so far. Graphics are descent. The ambient sound alone is frightening. The music is excellent. Same guy who did the new Doom game. Enemy's jump scare attack often, making the game hard as you die a lot early. Bigger enemy's can be hard if you don't have enough ammo or powers unlocked.Very interesting game indeed. I did not read up on this game at all. I'm glad I didn't. So many surprises so far. Graphics are descent. The ambient sound alone is frightening. The music is excellent. Same guy who did the new Doom game. Enemy's jump scare attack often, making the game hard as you die a lot early. Bigger enemy's can be hard if you don't have enough ammo or powers unlocked. Game feels very much like Systemshock and Bioshock. Highly recommend this game. Expand
  66. May 6, 2017
    This is a very interesting action-adventure (almost stealth) kind of game). Don't be fooled by the first hour of the game. You'll read reviews saying the game is boring. It's definitely not your standard cutscene/gameplay/cutscene etc type of game. You start off in an apartment and then everything changes. The weapons in the beginning are horrible, yes, but with enough exploration MorganThis is a very interesting action-adventure (almost stealth) kind of game). Don't be fooled by the first hour of the game. You'll read reviews saying the game is boring. It's definitely not your standard cutscene/gameplay/cutscene etc type of game. You start off in an apartment and then everything changes. The weapons in the beginning are horrible, yes, but with enough exploration Morgan Yu becomes fully equipped to fight off the Typhon. By exploring every nook and cranny, by reading every email you uncover more clues about what happened on the space station and side missions.

I've reached maybe the first fourth or third of the game and it's getting even more intriguing. I spend all my time searching each room, trying to find ways into rooms that are off limits and even sneaking around and stealth attacking the Typhons. I can't wait to see how the rest of the game pans out.

The only thing that bothers me about this game is the shadows and details popping in when moving into a room too fast, or the z-fighting on the walls/ceiling. I wish Arkane could have fixed that. At least they fixed the audio issues they experienced during the demo. That makes the game so much more enjoyable!
  67. May 7, 2017
    a great game a combine of bioshock-half life- system shock and dishonored you can play this game how ever you want using stealth . combat and using cool and fun powers. the story is also good and have many secrets. one of the best things in this game is its atmosphere. tran star is a super deluxe space ship . the places is mostly neat and give you good feeling . but unfortunately the gamea great game a combine of bioshock-half life- system shock and dishonored you can play this game how ever you want using stealth . combat and using cool and fun powers. the story is also good and have many secrets. one of the best things in this game is its atmosphere. tran star is a super deluxe space ship . the places is mostly neat and give you good feeling . but unfortunately the game doesnt have so many great characters and some times you feel lonely specialy at the start of the game well if you proceed you will talk with more characters but they are not so charismatic . the music is also not bad when you enter in combat mode or an enemy is nearby music change as well and gives you the mode. prey is another unique game of arkane studios like dishonore and its a very good game specialy if you are a bioshock fan . i hope you enjoy this review. stay awesome Expand
  68. May 7, 2017
    I won't harp on about how this game has nothing in common with its 2006 namesake. It doesn't matter since this game is fantastic in its own right. The gameplay and scale harken back to gaming greats like Deus EX and System Shock 1 and 2. Arguably the thing that appeals to me most is the open level design. Being able to get to your objective in as linear or creative a way as you like isI won't harp on about how this game has nothing in common with its 2006 namesake. It doesn't matter since this game is fantastic in its own right. The gameplay and scale harken back to gaming greats like Deus EX and System Shock 1 and 2. Arguably the thing that appeals to me most is the open level design. Being able to get to your objective in as linear or creative a way as you like is fantastic. Combat is challenging and makes you think twice before attacking anything. Add to that the fact that mimics make you become super paranoid about everything from a post-it note to a fridge and you have all the ingredients for a fantastic first-person stealth-adventure-explorer-shooter-horror-roleplaying game. The backstory and characters again take some cues from System Shock 2 in the way that you WANT to read every email and listen to every voice log. Completionists like myself will love the deep stories and many side quests and the open-ended nature of the game will ensure replayability in the future. In this genre System Shock 2 has always been my gold standard, and I have high hopes for that game's upcoming sequel, but for now, Prey has taken the spot held by System Shock 2 for almost 20 years.

Pros: Environment, lore, ambience, sound and level design, gameplay mechanics.
    Cons: Some low-quality textures and visuals, loading times between areas.
  69. May 7, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Prey
    From Fun and Scary to Slow and Boring
    Prey is a first person survival horror game that seems to be heavily inspired by deus ex…
    you start the game by choosing your male or female character…
    You’re an experiment... and then things go wrong... the space station you’re living in has been overrun by aliens and guess who they’re after?
    You of course…
    The game starts out pretty interesting and terrifying...
    There are mimics around…
    this is all you know
    and at first all you have to fend for yourself is a wrench...
    And these mimics... they can be anywhere…
    as they take the shape of random items in the world…
    Randomly running into them was terrifying and made for many great jump scare moments…
    honestly a wrench and mimics is all this game needed it… but it didn’t stop there…
    it tried to do too much and they game becomes a boring drag because of it..
    This game reminded me a bit of deus ex and bioshock…
    mostly on the deus ex side though…
    There are neuromods around the world that you can pick up to unlock new skills
    these skills include the basics like being able to lift large objects, increase your health, or be able to hack locked doors…
    and you have to choose carefully because these skills are expensive and neuromods practically hardly exist compared to the prices…
    made even more ridiculous when you unlock even more mimic type skills from scanning enemies later on in the game.. it’s just too much for how little the game pays out…
    Speaking of too little to go around…
    health, and pretty much everything else…
    It doesn’t matter which difficulty you play this game on.. It’s going to be brutal…
    enemies are sponges even against fully upgraded guns... they do insane damage…
    And the food you find around only gives about 5 health... which is nothing... med kits are extremely rare…. And your health only regenerates to around 30…
    so you’re gonna die a lot…
    you can recycle trash at machines for materials or use recycle bombs for materials and then use these materials to craft medkits and ammo.. But still... these items aren’t all over the place and doesn’t necessarily make med kits or ammo extremely accessible... they’re still rare even with this crafting machine
    No worries you can just stealth around enemies…
    sort of…
    because they have magnets in their head…
    the game tricks you into believing they’re attracted to noise because of certain lure bombs you can use
    but this is a lie… I know this is a lie because there’s one mission in particular where you have to collect voice samples… one part of this mission challenges you to stay alive while a song plays.. After hiding in the room and failed I thought okay, clearly these enemies are attracted to the noise... ill click play and run down the hall and hide away from the room…
    I did this and guess which room the enemies came to?
    Not the one with the song playing... the one I was in just sitting there waiting for me to enter their line of sight to they could attack me…
    and this waiting happens a lot... they won’t move, they will sit and wait until they can see you
    it’s annoying and emersion breaking
    This game has its moments…
    its surprisingly varied considering you’re stuck in a space station…
    it’s fun and thrilling at times running from enemies while you try to find key cards and information to progress…
    But it’s also just as annoying since the game is inconsistent with telling you where to go to progress…
    sometimes your location is marked on the map.. sometimes you have to just feel your way around and search everything while dealing with monsters…
    The game also have a few progression bugs that will cause you to back in and out of a save..
    Which isn’t too bad since you can save at anytime youd like…
    As well as performance issues if you play too long..
    the inventory and weapon wheels start to lag…
    Bugs aside, Prey ultimately suffers from imbalance…
    There are far too few materials, health, or ammo for how spongy and excessive enemies are in this game..
    they become a nuisance instead of a scare…
    I could easily see this being a game of uncertainty with only a flashlight, a wrench, and some mimics…
    But instead Prey sets out to frustrate you for 16 hours… its becomes die and try again to get just a little luckier this time while dealing with over powered monsters… While I definitely did enjoy moments of prey… I didn’t enjoy most of the moments of prey… I give Prey a 7/10
  70. May 7, 2017
    Incredible game, end of story. I am having just as much fun with this game as I did with Fallout 3 years and years ago, and that is saying a lot. :)
  71. May 5, 2017
    Prey had me hooked from the beginning. The game-play is a combination of stealth, action, and puzzles. I love the way it allows you to play the way you want to play like Dishonored 2. Some people may say they were not afraid of the aliens but I don't think that was the intent. The alien mimics had me always on edge, breaking every chair and coffee cup in my way. There have been manyPrey had me hooked from the beginning. The game-play is a combination of stealth, action, and puzzles. I love the way it allows you to play the way you want to play like Dishonored 2. Some people may say they were not afraid of the aliens but I don't think that was the intent. The alien mimics had me always on edge, breaking every chair and coffee cup in my way. There have been many occasions where they caught me completely unaware and yelling out in real life. An awesome game with a stylish presentation. I hope the ending lives up to the rest of the game. Expand
  72. May 5, 2017
    one of the best games if not the best for 2017 and one of the most interesting games i have ever played . this is exactly what the new generation of gaming needed . a new concept almost totally different than anything of the past . an amazing scenario with an gorgeous environment combining some of the most awesome fps games like doom bioshock and even alien isolation . an amazingone of the best games if not the best for 2017 and one of the most interesting games i have ever played . this is exactly what the new generation of gaming needed . a new concept almost totally different than anything of the past . an amazing scenario with an gorgeous environment combining some of the most awesome fps games like doom bioshock and even alien isolation . an amazing experience full of secrets and mystery keeps you wandering what you will see next . amazing graphics and gameplay with some rpg elements . even scary sometimes . i get sick of failed games this year like resident evil 7 mass effect and ghost recon . this is finally an awesome , well designed game that will never get you bored and keep you captivated and excited in every moment . it is just a brilliant game and i hope people will see it as i see it and they will love it too because it really worth it . Expand
  73. May 6, 2017
    This game NEEDS time. It takes a while to pick up certain items and mods that really make the game work at it's best. You might feel a little frustrated for the first hour or two, but stick with it! It picks up, and there's plenty of exploring to do once you start finding vents/keys etc. There seems to be a little issue with a delay on the cursor movement, but you get used to it. Some ofThis game NEEDS time. It takes a while to pick up certain items and mods that really make the game work at it's best. You might feel a little frustrated for the first hour or two, but stick with it! It picks up, and there's plenty of exploring to do once you start finding vents/keys etc. There seems to be a little issue with a delay on the cursor movement, but you get used to it. Some of the graphics might be a little underwhelming but it works well enough. Exploring the station is pretty interesting, and at some point you will unlock skill trees you never knew existed and they're pretty damn cool. Not far into the story so far, but it's intriguing at least. Once you learn how to deal with the mimics and spot/scout for them it makes things more interesting tactically. I really love this game so far; but it does take some time to really get going. I'd recommend following the story for a little while until you pick up a certain scanning item, because from there mods are more interesting Expand
  74. May 6, 2017
    Game looks amazing. They are some issues with animations but i love this story! If Bethesda and Arkane Studios repair animations i think it will be Game Of The Year!
  75. May 8, 2017
    Hands down one of the best games I've ever played. Very immersive. Rewards exploration. Very much a dead space vibe, but better. Story is crazy & keeps me wondering. I have the game maxed out & running 1440p. On a 1080 I'm usually between 115-144fps. Can't really think of any negatives so far. I'm about 15 hours in so far. Also, the sound & music in this game is incredible.
  76. May 9, 2017
    one hell of a game.. its mixed the gameplay of bioshock and the tricky ways of dishonored 2 and just a little bit of portal environment..mixed all of this a made a great sci-fi game.
  77. May 8, 2017
    Before I start - to fans of the original (which I am), this is not that game. It shares some similarities, but is far more derivative of the action/RPG franchise Bioshock, or the other Arkane franchise everybody is familiar with, Dishonored. Where the 2006 release of Prey had more of a puzzle/platformer undertone, with more run and gun shooting, its 2017 predecessor shifts the focus to aBefore I start - to fans of the original (which I am), this is not that game. It shares some similarities, but is far more derivative of the action/RPG franchise Bioshock, or the other Arkane franchise everybody is familiar with, Dishonored. Where the 2006 release of Prey had more of a puzzle/platformer undertone, with more run and gun shooting, its 2017 predecessor shifts the focus to a survival/horror vibe, with an emphasis on stealth and careful planning. The results are inspiring to say the least, and this is definitely an evolution of both the Prey series and Arkane themselves, who took some notable gameplay risks that pay off BIG time in this new/old IP published by Bethesda.

What's worse this time around? The music. Gone are the lengthy spiritual instrumentals from legendary Jeremy Soule fused with 80's metal tracks, replaced by a respectable palette (if not a confusing one at times) of music and sound effects that leave a little to be desired. A couple quirky moments like notes flaring up with seemingly no catalyst, it was a little jarring and broke immersion slightly a few times. For instance, when a creepy string solo starts ratcheting up tension only to hear what sounded like the Rooster Teeth logo sound play out of nowhere. I spun around to see what had inspired the slight change of tempo, but it was nothing at all from what I could tell.

What's better this time around? EVERYTHING else. The combat is thoughtful and intense, the risk/reward of the many different upgrade paths is enforced beautifully, and the enemy variety is decent (towards the second half). The story will have you wondering whether its a great story or a terrible one, and is definitely one that will be amazing or terrible depending on how players receive the ending. Still, if the ending is the point in which the story fell flat for you, then you still enjoyed the whole game more or less, and the story here should keep you guessing until the final reveal.

I'd like to also point out that's more than a touch better than what we were given with the first Dishonored title. That's being nice, because from a story telling perspective Dishonored was a shambled mess that barely deserves more description than "save the princess", and can barely even tell that story well. Don't get me wrong, I love Arkane, but you can tell they made huge strides in the plot department when it came to Prey.

The graphics aren't amazing, but they aren't bad. What DOES stand out yet again is the amazing art-style. Art deco is the phrase, and this perhaps is the most likened piece of the game to Bioshock. I know, people will argue its the gameplay, but really Prey adds elements of gameplay that Bioshock never really seemed to nail. Horror, stealth and level design are all several cuts above those from expired dev Irrational Games, and Arkane usurps them as the crowned kind of adventure FPS titles on consoles (in my opinion).

Really there is very little to hate in Prey. The pacing is solid, and the mimic is a great gameplay tool. It makes even tame moments when there is no immediate threat tense with the possibility that at ANY time, that coffee cup might spring to life and face f*ck me to the floor. Its a clever device that really works its way well into the entire game, where as most early enemies in games phase themselves out long before.

All-in-all Prey sees a well-crafted narrative paired with the Dishonored vibe of "do it your way" gameplay and a beautiful atmosphere (Arkane sets a new benchmark for level design) bring a lengthy and long awaited reboot to life in the best of ways. 9/10 (I'm taking a point for Jeremy Soule) ;)
  78. May 8, 2017
    Prey is a tough game to review, its tough because it gets many things right but depending on what kind of game you enjoy playing what it gets right may not be what you want it to get right.

Prey is a game in which you play as Morgan Yu a character whom wakes up on Talos 1 only to experience the aftermath of an alien outbreak by the species known as the Typhon. You goal is to solve what happened on the station and to either escape or stop the Typhon. Its not a new concept nor is it necessarily a dull one however, it is something we have seen in many other games both in the past and recent history (systemshock, Deadspace etc).

There are no real cutscenes in the game and most of the story can be missed by the player, not because it was left out of the game but because Arkane decided to input it in the world itself. Instead of every story point being yelled at you through an intercom through some form of unnecessary exposition, it instead exists within the emails and logs found through Talos 1. Though many may find this a chore it brings me to what Prey gets right and honestly what is the main attraction to this game: exploration.

Prey possesses elements of FPS games, horror games, both of which are passable, however the main draw to Prey is its exploration aspect. As stated earlier after around the first hour the entire station becomes open to the player in which non or most of it is locked behind story points. A player can spend ages exploring the station and existing in this world that felt inhabited. Everything about it made sense, the emails, the dialogue, the side stories, the location of key cards, pass codes etc all made sense for the world itself and exploring that world is what I found most enjoyable about the game.

The biggest reason for this is the games superb level design and its implementation of ability powers and subtle puzzle elements. By subtle i don't mean that the area where you need to go is discreetly coated with blood or marked. I mean that to get into a locked room its up to the player to figure out how with what they have at their disposal. I've found 6 or 7 different ways to get into one room using different items ranging from a pass code, key card, my wrench, my alien powers to turn into an item and walk through, a foam dart to shoot through a window and hit the open button, or just a vent sitting on the side. Prey is truly a play how you wish game and that's the draw. Prey doesn't make anything required to move forward. A player doesn't have to use any upgrades, any abilities if they choose not to yet if they are creative they can still enter all the same areas as the players that choose too. Its a true RPG in the sense that you play what role you want.

There are issues in the game, enemy design is not very interesting and as the game progresses Prey commits the cardinal sin of increasing difficulty by increasing the density of enemies and their health. Also its ending can be viewed as anti-climatic though there is more then one enticing multiple playthroughs.

There are going to be two types of reviews for Prey, the ones that rush through it and ignore half of what the game has to offer and make a judgement call there (I've already seen a few of them on hear) the others are going to be the ones that take a week or more to come out. the ones that have gone through and experimented with the mechanics to see how much depth actually exists in the world. Hence why i say its a tough game to review, if your looking for a sci-fi shoot-em up game PREY is NOT for you. If you want another thinking mans game similar to that of Systemshock or Half-Life I think you will enjoy yourselves. Its not perfect and bar far the best this i've ever played, but the areas in which you can tell the developers tried to make the focus (survival, exploration, lore) they knock out of the park.

The game not innovative but it is enjoyable and well worth the asking price or a sale price if your stingy.
  79. May 11, 2017
    Non ho mai dato la minima chance a questo gioco fino a quando ho provato la demo... Beh sono restato letteralmente stregato dal gioco, profondo come pochi, complesso, difficile e tecnicamente eccelso; la qualità del level design delle ambientazioni mi ricorda molto quella di Dark Souls, altro titolo che amo, che il quale condivide, secondo il mio parere, anche la tensione incredibileNon ho mai dato la minima chance a questo gioco fino a quando ho provato la demo... Beh sono restato letteralmente stregato dal gioco, profondo come pochi, complesso, difficile e tecnicamente eccelso; la qualità del level design delle ambientazioni mi ricorda molto quella di Dark Souls, altro titolo che amo, che il quale condivide, secondo il mio parere, anche la tensione incredibile durante le fasi esplorative dove aspetti la morte dietro ogni angolo... o ogni tazza. Expand
  80. May 27, 2017
    Prey is a game that is either really good or really bad depending on what part of the story you're on. The game does an amazing job of making you feel like you are on the space station Talos 1. Immersion is this games biggest strength. Audio clips, emails, files, and dead bodies are scattered all over the station giving you a look into the past before things were, or as things were goingPrey is a game that is either really good or really bad depending on what part of the story you're on. The game does an amazing job of making you feel like you are on the space station Talos 1. Immersion is this games biggest strength. Audio clips, emails, files, and dead bodies are scattered all over the station giving you a look into the past before things were, or as things were going to **** You really get a sense of seeing what happened to these people. What the aliens did to them. Its wonderful stuff. The graphics also help with the immersion factor. It's not jaw-dropping gorgeous by any means, but the design aesthetic is done really well. Also constantly seeing the moon or earth out of the many huge windows really keeps reminding you that you are in space. Combat is good in this game. Not great mind you. The weapons are all very neat and somewhat original, but using them is the problem. It never seems to really become natural. The shooting mechanics are clunky. You'll find yourself missing shots you shouldn't have missed. Ammo is also very scarce in this game. You can recycle junk you find to craft more, but later on in the game when enemies become more abundant, you will constantly hear the clicking sound of a gun with no bullets as you hopelessly swing your trusty old wrench around. And let me tell you about this wrench. You will use this thing for the entire game. Its the only thing that will keep you alive in tough times. But using it is much worse than the guns. You just swing it around hoping to hit your target. The small aliens, called mimics, are always on the ground crawling about, forcing you to try to smash them. You'll find yourself just mashing the trigger button, spinning in a circle trying to kill these guys. This isn't really fun. Not because of the difficulty, its not actually that hard. Its just not fun. Plain and simple. Later in in the game these machine-drone things called operators will start to appear. They are **** They kill you quicker than you can throw your controller at your tv out of frustration. And you are always low on ammo, as previously mentioned, so you really have to just sprint from room to room avoiding them at all costs. Oh and they respawn indefinitely, so killing them is utterly pointless even if you have ammo to spare. This is Preys biggest misstep in my opinion. The game is best when you are creeping around, killing 1 or 2 enemies at a time. Having to sprint to the next objective or get insta-killed really breaks the immersion I just praised earlier. The load times are atrocious. It sometimes takes up to 1 minute to reload after you die, or walk into the next area. This really becomes a problem when you are not quite sure where to go. The game has several different areas. Different parts of the station. Loading between these parts takes forever. And you don't know where to go sometimes, so you could walk into the next area *queue the 1 minute loading screen* realize you are not supposed to be there, and then turn around and leave *queue another 1 minute loading screen* The game loads soo slow I probably spent 10% of my entire play-through staring at the loading screen. I won't really talk about the main story but I will just say that its ok. Nothing special. Its not going to stick with you after you finish the game. The ending is designed to make you sit back and think, but it didn't really have that effect on me. I've mostly complained about this game, but I did actually like it. Its one of those games where you have to play it for yourself and see what I mean. It will frustrate you at least a few times, but you will have fun. Its not worth the full 60 dollar price tho. I recommend picking the game up when it drops to about 30 bucks. Heres a quick little summary of my pros and cons below:

Pros:

visual design
    Immersion
    interesting areas
    exploration

Cons:

combat
    lack of ammo
    glitches
    loading times
  81. Aug 30, 2017
    This Game reminds me of a lot of other games. A singelplayer of the old school. A very very genius setting. A solid story and the Freedom to decide how to deal with situations. Take Bioshock, put in a little bit Systemshock and Half Life and you get e very good Game. The only problem, it is with about 30 hours playtime (if you do all the quests) a little bit short. And get the Pc versionThis Game reminds me of a lot of other games. A singelplayer of the old school. A very very genius setting. A solid story and the Freedom to decide how to deal with situations. Take Bioshock, put in a little bit Systemshock and Half Life and you get e very good Game. The only problem, it is with about 30 hours playtime (if you do all the quests) a little bit short. And get the Pc version trust me it is the better one.... Expand
  82. Jul 22, 2017
    The game's first 3 hours is a blast, it's so fun to play but after that it becomes a repetitive, I can totally see what type of people that this game was made for but it isn't my taste.
  83. May 6, 2017
    Prey has little in common with the original, but if you're a fan of Bioshock, Dishonored or Half-Life, the type of shooters that focus on emergent gameplay and player choice to defeat enemies rather than blind run and gunning, Prey is certainly for you. Sci-fi fans, Metroidvania players and single player enthusiasts in general should also jump aboard the Talos I, as its deep playerPrey has little in common with the original, but if you're a fan of Bioshock, Dishonored or Half-Life, the type of shooters that focus on emergent gameplay and player choice to defeat enemies rather than blind run and gunning, Prey is certainly for you. Sci-fi fans, Metroidvania players and single player enthusiasts in general should also jump aboard the Talos I, as its deep player progression elements and wide array of abilities to choose from ensure that no two players will play the same.

This is by the team who did Dishonored so the control system and core gameplay design are identical, but after that, Prey shows its personality quickly. The game was designed to be a System Shock spiritual successor so elements of that and its evil twin, Bioshock, are prevalent. Neuromods take the place of plasmids/powers, chipsets take the place of tonics/bonecharms and the usual elements of fire ice and electricity are replaced by organic, mechanical and psychic energy sources. Where this game gets interesting is in its broad array of powers. Strength enhancements allow you to throw and manipulate large objects. Hacking can get you into secure computer systems that can reveal hidden story elements or other unlocks. Repair can let you fix various fixtures of the station to your benefit. Later, it gets better as you earn a scope that lets you scan enemies, learn their weaknesses and unlock their abilities, ranging from shapeshifting to resurrecting corpses to mind control. Acquiring alien powers has risks however, as the automated defenses of the ship will turn on you if you begin to become more inhuman in your power set. Your weapons are also vast in variety, from a glue gun that freezes enemies and hazards to EMP grenades and a weapon that even breaks down foes into spare parts.

There are deeper elements here too most did not see in demo. A recycling system allows you to gather numerous junk from the ship and inevitably change it into ammo, medkits and weapons. This gives more agency and reason for exploration, as the vast ship and various corridors hide numerous goodies and secrets, as well as sidequests that flesh out the backstory behind the numerous tragedies that led to the downfall of Talos I. Every crew member, corpse or Phantom (resurrrected dead crew) has a position, department and some sort of backstory or relation to other members. The game is set up in Metroidvania style, as often the only thing keeping you from hidden areas is a keycard, a passcode or an ability. Add on numerous Neuromods to find to enhance yourself, blueprints for weapons, a constant need for ammo and medkits (prepare to be resourceful), a hover jump and even zero G space exploration segments and single player questers will find much to love searching the various nooks and crannies of the ship.

The story is intriguing as well. The game trades Dead Space horror for a more Asimov like sci-fi story that ponders the involvement of science in human life. The game's villain is sympathetic however and is not a villain out of morals or dumb demagoguery, but out of principle. You will find
    conflicting stories and motives through the game that will make you question which story is real and who to trust. And some of the most important elements of the story are left to player discovery: you may find revelations on whiteboards in marker or in logs encrypted behind a psychologist's computer. Much of the lore depends on how deep the player decides to dig in.

This type of game does come with its shortfalls. Firstly, the pool of enemies you encounter is surprisingly lacking in variety. Despite all the choices at your disposal, the enemy is relatively simple in its response. You will see only a few enemy types in the first hours, though that does not lower their challenge or the resourcefulness you will need to defeat them. Also, while the exploring is a treat, it comes with its old nemesis: backtracking. Many times you have to invest much before opening a door you found hours ago and the game's map system offers little guidance besides gray corridors. There is also the strange design decision of a four-direction D-pad hotkey where one direction is fixed to a flashlight (that I barely use) and even your melee weapon has to be mapped for quick equipping. Odd, considering Dishonored, by the same team, had a dedicated melee button. Considering the vast array of powers available, freeing up that fourth slot or even going an 8-slot route (Nioh comes to mind), I felt I had to duck out to the radial menu a bit more than I liked. There was also the disappointment of having a 1gb day one patch that fixed numerous issues with the game. While none of these were game breaking, for a game with a four year development cycle, abrupt sound cutoffs and other glitches should be QA'd. (Looking at you, Mass Effect.)

Despite these minor issues, Prey is a must play. It's a thinking person's shooter and will enthrall anyone ready to brave the doomed Talos I.
  84. May 7, 2017
    Prey has so many similarities to System Shock 2 not just game wise but release wise that it's uncanny. Some might not remember, but SS2 was not the game on release that reviewers **** their pants over. It was the game on the bottom rack collecting dust, it was the unknown and forgotten game.
    Prey has that similar feeling, that game on release that nobody knows about other than 'it's not a sequel, cry cry'. But if you have an open mind that is not persuaded by such infantile sentiment, you can sit down and play a solo experience game which reminds you why games are GREAT. When you look back 10-20 years and think what games were awesome, you wont be thinking of that 100th military shooter clone or some other garbage. You will think about special games like Prey.
  85. May 6, 2017
    As a huge fan of the original Prey I was both upset when I learned this wasn't related to the original and hopeful that it was in Bethesdas hands.
    This is only the second game this year (persona5) that has made me more impressed than its forebearer and made me smile in awe. I was careful not to watch any spoiler videos so as to go in blind and it was the right choice.
    If you like space,
    If you like space, or psychology, or horror or art you need to play this game. It is longer, funner and mindblowingyer than you think. So quit reading reviews and just get it. You wont regret it. I dont say that much these days.
  86. May 19, 2017
    I have to say the first 5 hours of the game I really liked. Getting my first gun, getting my first alien power, both awesome, after that the game just got repetitive, and wtf was with the sound? Not the music that's another topic, but the cut scenes along with the loud, over the top, noise was just annoying. I don't even know what the cut scenes added to the game... The ending wasI have to say the first 5 hours of the game I really liked. Getting my first gun, getting my first alien power, both awesome, after that the game just got repetitive, and wtf was with the sound? Not the music that's another topic, but the cut scenes along with the loud, over the top, noise was just annoying. I don't even know what the cut scenes added to the game... The ending was disappointing. This one I tried to like but just couldn't... Expand
  87. rhe
    May 11, 2017
    The first thing that was immediately noticeable about this game was the atmosphere and soundtrack, the space station feels really inviting but also dark and unsettling. I feel this games environment reminds me heavily of Rapture back in Bioshock (there will be A LOT of comparisons to this game), as the environment there felt very influenced by sort of 80's-ish fashion while also being darkThe first thing that was immediately noticeable about this game was the atmosphere and soundtrack, the space station feels really inviting but also dark and unsettling. I feel this games environment reminds me heavily of Rapture back in Bioshock (there will be A LOT of comparisons to this game), as the environment there felt very influenced by sort of 80's-ish fashion while also being dark and unsettling. The soundtrack is excellent and I feel compliments the game very well, as its sort of futuristic synth score is sounding like its new-age. My only criticism of the score is that at times it can be a little too strong, and this can ruin some scares that can occur in the game, as the player will be able to see it coming once the tempo of the music increases. With that said, this game is really played best with headphones, as the crack of your footsteps as some of the metal, the scuttle of the mimics as they move around and the change in the tempo of the music can really create a good sense of unease which is why I would HIGHLY recommend playing this game with headphones.

As for the gameplay, I do have a niggling issue. My issue with it is the game heavily emphasises survival, as weapons generally have low ammo, it can be hard to come by more ammo and the best way to get more ammo is to create it through junk you find around the ship. This means that a good part of the game will be spent using the wrench as the main weapon of choice. This is where my main criticism lies, as the wrench as a weapon feels quite floaty, the combat devolves into running around the enemy hoping they don't get a hit on you, then getting in close with the wrench once your stamina is replenished. This for me felt tedious but I would say that this is my biggest problem with the gameplay. Outside of the combat mechanics, the game encourages a high amount of exploration, with the loading screens reserved for moving from one large area of the map to another, however there is a large amount that you will likely not see on your first run of each area as it has a style reminiscent of the metroidvania type of game, which means that specific areas of the game can be locked off until you acquire the skills needed to be able to get into that area (i.e. Needing a certain lifting level to be able to move a large object out of the doorway). I am a big fan of this kind of layout, as I feel that this adds some real retraversing into the game, and it doesn't feel like its just padded content as these areas add more intrigue into the story or it allows you to know more about specific characters, which makes the world the game builds feel like it is something real rather than an empty shell which is simply influenced by your actions. Overall, while I have an issue with the combat mechanics of the gameplay, I do feel that this is probably not a serious issue and I simply cannot help but love this game for its style of gameplay.

Finally because I do not want to get into the story I will delve into discussing the graphics in this (not so short) review. Overall the game looks extremely impressive and the framerate remained steady (I haven't really experience a dip in framerates). The characters looked very well designed the environment looked beautiful and the lighting seems very well done (which it should for a horror game). I really liked the the sheen the game seemed to have on it, though that may also be a criticism depending on whether you want more realistic looking games, but I did like the way the game was presented.

Overall this game really is excellent, it reminds me immensely of Bioshock, and that's a pretty damn good thing :D! The sound design is fantastic, the environment and the games emphasis on exploration really encourages the gamer to try and see as much as possible, while also ensuring that they are adequately challenged and their nerves are fried a bit. While I have some slight problems with the melee combat and the music getting too strong, I feel that these niggles do not really badly change my review score as I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. This is a really interesting and exciting game and I could not recommend it enough.

Disclaimer: I should point out that because I adored Bioshock, this review may be influenced as I did feel that this game brought out some of my nostalgia for that game and my score may possibly have been influenced because of this. However, I would point out that if you did enjoy Bioshock you will also love this game.
  88. May 8, 2017
    This game is a definitive improvement and re-envision of a long dead franchise. And thank lord it made efforts in recreating what Prey is. Visually stunning, and a thinker's fps, that forces you to think before you act. full of puzzle, and a ver open explorable space station full of secrets and side-quest to be found.
  89. May 8, 2017
    While it does have some bugs and awkward moments, this game is phenomenal. I takes hints from games such as System Shock 2, Deus Ex, and Bioshock and leaves us with a detailed and lovingly crafted game with a story that is fairly thought provoking. Through all the negative reviews I have read I can safely say that 95% of the claims they make are completely false or just nitpicking atWhile it does have some bugs and awkward moments, this game is phenomenal. I takes hints from games such as System Shock 2, Deus Ex, and Bioshock and leaves us with a detailed and lovingly crafted game with a story that is fairly thought provoking. Through all the negative reviews I have read I can safely say that 95% of the claims they make are completely false or just nitpicking at things such as the fact that the combat is not that of a CoD or Battlefield title. The game is perfect if you enjoy survival games with spectacular story and atmosphere. Expand
  90. May 6, 2017
    Who doesn't love the games like dishonored and bioshock ? i love them myself. Prey has a very good mixture of these games and they mix it very good. the game has a unique story, character quest lines and even a exciting gameplay. i recommend it to you , you should play it !
  91. May 8, 2017
    After all the hate Mass Effect Andromeda got, this gets rave reviews! I must be existing on a different planet as this game is boring me to tears, the graphics are extremely dated and the black blobs are about as scary as jelly and ice cream! This is a blatant copy paste of a combination of Dead Space and Bioshock and not in the same league as those two gems. I honestly am not gettingAfter all the hate Mass Effect Andromeda got, this gets rave reviews! I must be existing on a different planet as this game is boring me to tears, the graphics are extremely dated and the black blobs are about as scary as jelly and ice cream! This is a blatant copy paste of a combination of Dead Space and Bioshock and not in the same league as those two gems. I honestly am not getting 'it'!! Andromeda gets slated for facial animations but this entire game looks like it was made with different textured squares, and the creature design is just not scary at all!! Expand
  92. May 5, 2017
    I will say this game is ok i say its not a masterpiece but not bad either. A really solid 6 for me. Game has massiv input lag on ps 4 really annoying with out this i would maybe give it a 7. Game is a bit short i finished it in 9 Hours and also really easy i mean its not that hard of a game. The monster are also not very scary yes iam a big fan of system shock and *uck me that game wasI will say this game is ok i say its not a masterpiece but not bad either. A really solid 6 for me. Game has massiv input lag on ps 4 really annoying with out this i would maybe give it a 7. Game is a bit short i finished it in 9 Hours and also really easy i mean its not that hard of a game. The monster are also not very scary yes iam a big fan of system shock and *uck me that game was scary as **** but prey the monster are really boring and not scary at all dont know they look like placeholders did they forget to implant the real enemies ? i hope that will get patched like the input lag until than my score will be a 5. Expand
  93. May 5, 2017
    So far loving the game. Looks good visually and the i'm lovin the music. there is a bit of input lag on the PS4. My character has a tendency to continue moving after i release the thumb stick. Actual score would be about an 8 but wanna try and average out those who gave this game a negative score just because its Bethesda.
  94. Jun 22, 2017
    Where do I start with this and where do I finish ?
    The best thing I can say about it, it’s an ok game, wait for a big price discount if you want to play it.
    Where do I start with this and where do I finish ?
    1. The game course is very informative, you have endless emails and audio logs and so on to give you clues, key cards and codes, most of the time you can’t listen or read because you’re ganged on by an endless bunch of aliens that appear out of nowhere.
    2. You’re stuck in Talos 1 a huge space ship/shuttle that consist of numerous sections and compartments, offices, living quarters, medics and so on and you will have to travel back and forth waiting for the game to load every time you go through a gate to complete missions or unnecessary, endless line up for side missions.
    3. You READ a lot, well you have to, each enemy has a strategy of attack so don’t waste valuable shotgun ammo every time you’re faced with a big guy, instead, scan enemy and read instruction to build your plan of attack and even then, select carefully your primary weapon, secondary weapon, your special power and draw enemy to a suitable environment (nice ay).
    4. When in space, zero gravity, make sure you quick save often as you’re pretty much lost in vast space with no map looking for a tiny needle while ganged on big time by all sorts of aliens.
    5. You find millions of cards, key cards, codes, email hints yet all doors are locked.
    6. Play it, but you’re warned, it has its good moments but it’s an annoying game.
    You can only feel a bit of my disappointment, my game of the year 2016 was dishonoured 2.
  95. May 10, 2017
    I gave Prey a 9/10. I really enjoyed the game and the universe that was bestowed to me as I ran around Talos 1. The combat was the only real issue I had. Use of the wrench could prove to be problematic at times and in some cases, trying my best to smash the head of a mimic was exhausting. One of the enemies that, in my opinion, was overpowered was the Telepath. The telepath would send aI gave Prey a 9/10. I really enjoyed the game and the universe that was bestowed to me as I ran around Talos 1. The combat was the only real issue I had. Use of the wrench could prove to be problematic at times and in some cases, trying my best to smash the head of a mimic was exhausting. One of the enemies that, in my opinion, was overpowered was the Telepath. The telepath would send a spark of electricity to your most recent location, after that the attacks are chained unless you manage to get from enough away. Graphically, the PS4 version was beautiful and I wasn't met with any lagging moments. I plan on completing the game again.
    Thanks
  96. May 9, 2017
    Its very good. Buy it if u love those type of games. It runs perfect with no crashes etc. at all.
    When u play it on nightmare u really need to think how u go on.
  97. May 6, 2017
    First impressions of PREY are not good. The graphics are uninspiring, the interface is clunky and the gameplay feels like a clumsy fusion of Bioshock, Deus Ex and Dead Space. When will developers realise that picking up junk for crafting and reading backstory snippets on terminals is really boring and kills the atmosphere! The initial melee action with the wrench and subsequent Gloo gunFirst impressions of PREY are not good. The graphics are uninspiring, the interface is clunky and the gameplay feels like a clumsy fusion of Bioshock, Deus Ex and Dead Space. When will developers realise that picking up junk for crafting and reading backstory snippets on terminals is really boring and kills the atmosphere! The initial melee action with the wrench and subsequent Gloo gun feel awful compared to brilliance of Destinys controls. On console it feels like another PC port that lacks the polish and game engine to meet the standards we now expect. On a positive note, at least the demo allowed me to realise that purchasing this unoriginal, poorly executed sci-fi shooter would be a mistake. Expand
  98. May 6, 2017
    Disappointing. I loved the orignal Prey back in the xbox 360 days. This game so far has been quite boring, enemies are not interesting. Typical Bethesda jank, I should have known better.
  99. May 8, 2017
    My Review:

At Talos one lobby third floor balcony and there phantom on the first floor. I have Leverage lll so I dropped from the top balcony and used my thrusters to slow my fall. I waited for the alien to come ar Und a corner while I was holding a coffe table, three it at him full force and knocked his ass down flat. While he was down I pulled out the pump and blasted his ass!!!!
  100. May 5, 2017
    First of all, I think PREY can be a good game like Bioshock and Dishonored. I believe in Bethesda and it works and I'll wait for other games of Bethesda!

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jul 7, 2017
    This is one of the cleverest games we’ve ever played. It constantly wows with many multiple solutions to almost every problem. If you have a talent for thinking outside the box, chances are Arkane is three steps ahead and ready to accommodate your lunacy. [July 2017, p66]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jun 24, 2017
    While not the masterpiece it could have been, this imaginative, immersive sim provides an impressive, dense sandbox with plenty of exciting toys to play with. [July 2016, p.93]
  3. Games Master UK
    Jun 22, 2017
    Harsh difficulty mars an otherwise engrossing sci-fi journey in a fascinating setting. [July 2017, p.76]