7.9

1. Sep 3, 2019
    All I can say is WOW! what an amazing game Prey is! If you like Bioshock then you'll love Prey, its basically Bioshock in space and instead of fighting junkies your fighting aliens. The graphics are awesome! the voice acting is really well done. Everything is a mystery unraveling as you progress the game. The game play is great and gets better as you progress and unlock nuromods. IAll I can say is WOW! what an amazing game Prey is! If you like Bioshock then you'll love Prey, its basically Bioshock in space and instead of fighting junkies your fighting aliens. The graphics are awesome! the voice acting is really well done. Everything is a mystery unraveling as you progress the game. The game play is great and gets better as you progress and unlock nuromods. I enjoy the crafting and finding parts to craft with. the atmosphere is spooky but also beautiful, you never know when an alien is lurking around the corner. There is a lot of side quest that help unravel pieces of the mystery. Prey is a solid game that i spent 30 hours exploring and completing as much as I could. I bought it on sale for $9 and cant believe I took this long to finally play Prey! Expand
  2. Sep 1, 2019
    One of the best games I ever played! Great story, great combat, thank you Arkane studios!
  3. Aug 31, 2019
    This game from Arkane Studios is one of the most underrated games of the last couple of years. You can really feel the influence from the level design of the Dishonored series, giving it a classic, but sci-fi wibe. Graphics are well optimized, but not top notch. What stands out the most is the variety you can tackle your approach. The skill tree enables you to have different playstyles, soThis game from Arkane Studios is one of the most underrated games of the last couple of years. You can really feel the influence from the level design of the Dishonored series, giving it a classic, but sci-fi wibe. Graphics are well optimized, but not top notch. What stands out the most is the variety you can tackle your approach. The skill tree enables you to have different playstyles, so if you're a fan of replayability and like this game, you won't get bored.
    The enemies have a creepy wibe, especially at the beginning when you have not many tools at your disposal. Weapons used by the character are unique, each having a certain use for different types of enemies. Also able to upgrade them was a big plus for me.
    The story is well bracnhed and side characters are well made. Exploring the map gives more information about the world and setting you're in, which motivated me for learning what was going on. As the game progresses, you will be put in front of some certain choices, which directly impact the game ending, letting you decide what moral choices does your character have.
    Gameplay is pretty fun, but the shooting mechanics sometimes lack, being compensated only by the RPG elements.
    I will give this a 9/10 just because stealth system lacks , even though there is one. This is a must play game and if it would have an another name than "Prey", it wouldn't be criticised by certain die-hard fans of the older version.
  4. Aug 19, 2019
    Prey's space station is fantastically explorable and its shape-shifting enemies maintain tension when combat doesn't.
  5. Aug 12, 2019
    Prey was a pleasant surprise to me. I went in not expecting much but it delivered a fun and rewarding experience. It has a good blend of action and atmospheric horror that makes exploring the space station a blast. It really stands out in its puzzle solving elements. The multiple, and sometimes unconventional, ways to progress through the map and achieve goals makes multiple play-throughsPrey was a pleasant surprise to me. I went in not expecting much but it delivered a fun and rewarding experience. It has a good blend of action and atmospheric horror that makes exploring the space station a blast. It really stands out in its puzzle solving elements. The multiple, and sometimes unconventional, ways to progress through the map and achieve goals makes multiple play-throughs an option. It suffers in score because the controls can feel a little clunky at times, but this is something that is worth looking past. Expand
  6. Aug 4, 2019
    Definitely underrated. I jumped into this game recently after learning that it is originally from 3D Realms. I like how the game is a bit long and how it has basically only pistols and shotguns as firearms (AFAIR and if there are others I just didn't find them in the game). Only these 2 weapons and yet the game, despite being a bit long, does not feel repetitive. Nice bestiary as well,Definitely underrated. I jumped into this game recently after learning that it is originally from 3D Realms. I like how the game is a bit long and how it has basically only pistols and shotguns as firearms (AFAIR and if there are others I just didn't find them in the game). Only these 2 weapons and yet the game, despite being a bit long, does not feel repetitive. Nice bestiary as well, what a nightmare :-) Great game. Expand
  7. Jul 23, 2019
    Honestly I love this game. This game has an amazing story and it’s not supposed to be a fast paced shooter. It’s supposed to be more of a journey through a space station and that’s what it does without a hitch.
  8. May 20, 2019
    Prey is one of the of the best games I've played in the past 5 years, unfortunately kneecapped by unacceptable load times and a sudden lack of player direction. If a patch were released today that cut load times in half, I would be downloading it for another 40 hours on top of my existing 100 hours+.

This game is just fantastic in so many ways. A thinking man's game to be certain.
  9. May 15, 2019
    I went into this game dark and thank the stars I didn't watch the game trailer wow that was way to much of spoiler of things to come. Deja Vu simulator for sure. I had flash backs to Bio-Shock, Dead Space and System Shock 2. Prey is more about the journey than the destination. Well all the endings are kind of lame, disappointing and anti-climatic. I still want Tommy back though, cheers.I went into this game dark and thank the stars I didn't watch the game trailer wow that was way to much of spoiler of things to come. Deja Vu simulator for sure. I had flash backs to Bio-Shock, Dead Space and System Shock 2. Prey is more about the journey than the destination. Well all the endings are kind of lame, disappointing and anti-climatic. I still want Tommy back though, cheers. This would of got 10/10 if not for the endings. Expand
  10. May 7, 2019
    Pretty meh, got fairly bored halfway through, monsters all look the same and the stealth mechanic just doesnt fit the pace of the game that well
  11. Apr 15, 2019
    Fantastic game, a very enjoyable combination of action, horror and sci fi. During a big part of the game I was reminded of Bioshock. Excellent in all aspects
  12. Mar 9, 2019
    I had heard mixed reviews for Prey, but thought I'd give it a go since the price has dropped significantly. I'm glad I only paid £6 for it, as it is a bland and mediocre game.

I have given up playing it a few hours into it because I have found the missions banal and the controls awkward. On the easiest difficulty I can avoid repetitive deaths, however the enemies are bullet-sponges and hard to hit that went beyond a lack of skill on my part, I think. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was a mission requiring me to collect data to construct a voice pattern in order to open a door. When I saw that each piece of data only represented 10% of what I needed, I was finally deterred completely. Collecting each 10% was monotonous and more of a nuisance than fun or entertaining.

There is a shell of a decent game here, however that decent game is Deus Ex; Prey feels like a failed copycat. The RPG elements of upgrading my skills made little difference to my experience. The game itself is fairly buggy and looks like they abandoned it shortly after launch.

Overall, there is just little that stands out here. In a sea of mediocre games I could not see anything special about Prey. There are plenty of better games out there to lighten your wallet and fill your time.
  13. Feb 26, 2019
    The game has Bioshock / Dead Space / Aliens Isolation vibes. Visuals are nice and they do remind me of Dishonored, which would make sense since both games were created by the same studio. Audio is excellent and it adds a lot to the experience. i highly recommend playing this game with surround sound headphones. There are different styles of playing this game because there are many ways toThe game has Bioshock / Dead Space / Aliens Isolation vibes. Visuals are nice and they do remind me of Dishonored, which would make sense since both games were created by the same studio. Audio is excellent and it adds a lot to the experience. i highly recommend playing this game with surround sound headphones. There are different styles of playing this game because there are many ways to develop your character. For example you can focus on firearms and play this way or you can concentrate on developing alien skills and play the game that way. Prey is a very solid sc-fi / horror survival game. I am definitely recommending this game. Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2019
    From the makers of the Dishonored series, Arkane, Prey was often described as 'Bioshock in space'. Indeed it involves the player exploring a huge spacial Facility, ravaged by an unknown alien entity, and who develops all kinds of special abilities. It also features some very original weapons, such as the gloo gun, the recycle grenades etc. While loading times are a pain, it’s fun,From the makers of the Dishonored series, Arkane, Prey was often described as 'Bioshock in space'. Indeed it involves the player exploring a huge spacial Facility, ravaged by an unknown alien entity, and who develops all kinds of special abilities. It also features some very original weapons, such as the gloo gun, the recycle grenades etc. While loading times are a pain, it’s fun, addictive and mind blowing. Prey also features a great story with an amazing twist.. A very high recommend ! Expand
  15. Jan 6, 2019
    Prey is a game that I bought on a whim, with absolutely no information or prior knowledge on what the game is or about. What I ended up experiencing was one of my favorite games I played in 2018, something surprisingly extensive and enthralling.

To start with the pros, I have to say the greatest strength of this game is the level design/exploration; I was always shocked with how many different ways there were to get almost every single task done. Simple objectives such as finding a way to get through a locked door could be solved by many completely different means (crawling through a maintenance shaft, forcing it open with abilities, hidden pathways, finding its keycard, etc). Prey gives the player the freedom to think critically to solve problems in super creative ways, and it paid off immensely. By the end of the game, I was looking high up at the ceilings for alternate routes in rafters, creating my own platforms with the awesome Gloo Gun, taking out tough hordes of enemies with goofy strategies that somehow worked, and forging my own path through the game's world. I was given the freedom, and I learned to use it to my advantage, and it felt oh so insanely rewarding.

Beyond that, the graphics, world building, lore, characters, and side quests are all top-notch. There are a staggering amount of small details throughout the game that build the world around you and truly make it feel engrossing, and even plausible. I was surprised many times as I progressed through the story, and found myself always wanting to learn, see, and do more.

Building your own set of weapons and abilities was a treat as well. I found I was incentivized to always figure out what powers, abilities, and items worked best for me to solve the problems as I saw fit. There were consequences, both good and bad, to all decisions I made in regards to my character. This even applies to the story as well. You are just given so many options for practically everything in this game, it just boggles my mind, and I find it hard to stop mentioning or praising it.

It is hard for me to find any large faults with this game, but I will say its biggest downfall are the loading times. The game is treated as a somewhat open-world, with large areas loaded at once that you can access through different doors and elevators. The loading times between sections of the ship can last around a minute or longer. By the end of the game, when you have the whole ship opened up and are running around from place to place to get things done, those mentioned loading times get truly egregious. I found myself hitting loading screens three times within 10 minutes getting certain tasks done, and the waiting was getting super aggravating.

Another fault would have to the how bloated the game starts to feel at the end. This is a problem with almost all open-world type games. There just became too much to do, and I began to feel fatigued and just started rushing to the end of the storyline.

As a last minor complaint, some of the traversal was a bit glitchy or unreliable at points. Never enough to be a big problem, but annoying at times.

I don't want to completely spoil this for people who haven't played, because experiencing it for the first-time was so awesome for me. However, there is this being that shows up eventually in the game that is incredibly powerful and pursues you at random points, and it was one of my favorite mechanics in the game. It added many great thrills and improvised moments that kept things fresh as the game went on.

Overall, Prey is a fantastic game. I was always surprised by what it had to offer; so much player choice, detail, world-building, and polish. It has its annoying moments here and there, and drags on a bit towards the end, but it is a gaming experience I will always remember very fondly. So glad I happened to pick it up.
  16. Dec 28, 2018
    The game story is good, graphics are amazing the only thing i hate about the game that’s it’s short and has some bugs
  17. Nov 20, 2018
    I really enjoyed this. I'm a big fan of immersive single player FPS games with RPG mechanics. Is that how you would describe these games like Prey, Bioshock, Dishonored? Anyways, if you like those games, I would think you'd also like this. I loved the games pacing and exploration. I was skeptical whether or not it would maintain its quality, whether it would get boring, because of itsI really enjoyed this. I'm a big fan of immersive single player FPS games with RPG mechanics. Is that how you would describe these games like Prey, Bioshock, Dishonored? Anyways, if you like those games, I would think you'd also like this. I loved the games pacing and exploration. I was skeptical whether or not it would maintain its quality, whether it would get boring, because of its setting which I thought might be limited. But nope, the environments are actually quite varied and the game takes you on an interesting ride. The story is subtle, original, intriguing. The RPG mechanics and systems are rewarding, accessible, and encourages multiple playthroughs so you can try different builds and styles of play. There's many ways to approach combat, and most seem viable and fun. Cool enemy designs. Certain parts are more action oriented, some are more stealth horror oriented. It looks great. You can tell the devs took great care in developing this world. There's a good amount of side content, and they're pretty good. Solid questing. Can't say enough good things about this. A really underrated game. Expand
  18. Nov 14, 2018
    What a game. I'm a massive fan of "immersive sim" type games and this game really nails what I like about these types of games. The space station itself is an absolute marvel to wander around in, it all links up perfectly and like all the best game worlds you end up knowing it like the back of your hand. The power/progression system is fantastic, with scavenging the world being extremelyWhat a game. I'm a massive fan of "immersive sim" type games and this game really nails what I like about these types of games. The space station itself is an absolute marvel to wander around in, it all links up perfectly and like all the best game worlds you end up knowing it like the back of your hand. The power/progression system is fantastic, with scavenging the world being extremely satisfying and literally everything you find is useful due to the waste material/fabrication systems. The storyline is OK, it isn't the most riveting storyline I've seen in a game but the voice acting is good quality which helps tremendously. For me these games aren't about story anyhow, they are about having these lovely intricate environments to explore that are packed full with interesting things to see and do. All in all, a top game by one of the best studios around and I sincerely hope it's lackluster sales don't mean Arkane stop making these types of brilliant games because the industry would be very much the poorer for it. If they end up instead making a battle royale with roguelke elements next I might just throw my PS4 out of the window in a fit of anger. Expand
  19. Nov 7, 2018
    Время игры: 43 часа.
    Примечание: пройдена полностью, дополнения в издании нет.
  20. Oct 30, 2018
    This is a good game. Prey has a lot going for it, Sci Fi Thriller, well written and thought out. IT is a worthy buy for anyone who likes a good story. It looks good, play good and has a good OST and Audio design.
    The stamina meter feels not neccessary at all and there are some platforming issues in FPS which are not so smooth. The upgrade system is good and again well designed. The game is long with plenty to do and can be very surprising at time with outer space sections and side missions that i actually wanted to do.
    I was overall happy and surprised at how good this game was. But as i played i got more and more furstrated with the games achilles heel, this game and its god damn loading screens, loading screens and loading screen.s The space station is split into sections levels essentially and you load into each one, which takes way to long , and then there is another mini load screen after the main load screen. When you get to the end game this is a nonsense as your travelling to and fro between these frequently and it ruins the immersion, flow and end game completely, it becomes a chore and slog just to get to the end and quite simply i was glad it was over at the end. Those load screens and the game design which made them essential are a huge flaw in this game.
    A Great game ruined by poor design.
  21. Oct 25, 2018
    A rare perfect game, in my opinion. Great setting, gbreat graphics, great characters, and a truly terrifying enemy. I couldnt find any negatives, therefore a perfect score is awarded.
  22. Sep 16, 2018
    Game has an excellent setting, however marred by game design mechanics. Exploration could have been made less cumbersome especially keycards & door code locations. Design of the gameplay killed the what could have been an excellent game. Should take more queue from Bioshock since its similar experience especially in the hints.
  23. Sep 8, 2018
    On paper, this game seemed like a game that I would absolutely love. The story seemed dark and a little disturbing but without being an over the top “edgelord” game. It’s a first-person shooter which is one of my favorite Genres and it has Bethesda’s name on it. I like Bethesda.

What I didn’t realize at the time and that’s completely on me is, its made by the people who made Dishonored. So even though it is a first-person shooter, it’s not really run and gun. That’s the type of shooters that I like, just mindlessly running around, killing enemies and blowing **** up. I don’t want to have to be patient, smart and methodical.

So after a couple hours of playing the game, it just felt like more Dishonored and I just don’t have a ton of interest in those games. I don’t want to bash the game but it just wasn’t for me. I think when Wolfenstein comes out in October, that will be much more up my alley.
  24. Aug 18, 2018
    I tried to love and play Prey. I loved Dishonoured but Prey is what happens when you ask your studio to do something they didn't want to do. The plot conceits are derivative, the enemies are literally blobs of nothing, and the characters are bland. Combined with a frustratingly clunky fighting and inventory system and a deliberate imbalance between your survivability and your enemies',I tried to love and play Prey. I loved Dishonoured but Prey is what happens when you ask your studio to do something they didn't want to do. The plot conceits are derivative, the enemies are literally blobs of nothing, and the characters are bland. Combined with a frustratingly clunky fighting and inventory system and a deliberate imbalance between your survivability and your enemies', this game bored me with the lack of progress I felt in comparison with creeping around trying to find the perect way to get the drop on every encounter. Just not for me. Expand
  25. Aug 3, 2018
    As a big sci fi fan I was completely blown away by this game, It turned out to be way better than expected. The visual design was so impressive, i just loved exploring talos 1. The sense that you're outmatched and enemies can be hiding anywhere also added this wonderful sense of tension. Finally the sense of verticality and the numerous possible approaches when faced with a situation wasAs a big sci fi fan I was completely blown away by this game, It turned out to be way better than expected. The visual design was so impressive, i just loved exploring talos 1. The sense that you're outmatched and enemies can be hiding anywhere also added this wonderful sense of tension. Finally the sense of verticality and the numerous possible approaches when faced with a situation was so refreshing.
    I really couldn't recommend it enough but there are a couple of negatives. In later parts of the game I was so outnumbered I ended up just running past enemies thus negating that excellent sense of tension. My other main issue is the loading screens. Towards the end I was repeatedly entering new sections of talos 1 and each time there is a loading screen lasting about 1 to 2 minutes. It's pretty annoying, hence why I'm going with 9 out of 10 rather than a perfect score. All in all though this game is really something special.
  26. Jul 3, 2018
    it's good but lacked a little more intelligence to the AI and a better story to be an incredible game

es bueno pero le falto un poco mas de inteligencia a las IA y una mejor historia para ser un increible juego
  27. Jun 25, 2018
    One of the best games every made it inspired by the 90 fps system shock half-life and with impressive graphics and game design like bioshock it’s a modern classic a with Innovative game play haven’t seen in years it’s a real must play
  28. May 16, 2018
    This is a nice return to sci-fi RPG that I once felt with Bioshock 1 & 2, but not nearly as dark or scary. It kind of feels like Half-Life as well in that you're a lead scientist that was working on a billion dollar project that has gone awfully wrong. It may not be ground breaking or redefining this genre of games, but it sits comfortably as an enjoyable experience and still being it'sThis is a nice return to sci-fi RPG that I once felt with Bioshock 1 & 2, but not nearly as dark or scary. It kind of feels like Half-Life as well in that you're a lead scientist that was working on a billion dollar project that has gone awfully wrong. It may not be ground breaking or redefining this genre of games, but it sits comfortably as an enjoyable experience and still being it's own thing. There's some really cool mechanics that I don't want to spoil here. Just know that if you can find this game on the cheap as I did ($15), you're pretty much stealing it. I almost feel bad, but I don't because I raise 2 babies and need the money. To that, I say, BUY IT YA CHEAP SAPS! Expand
  29. May 15, 2018
    Prey is Arkhane's best game, but overall it still disappointed me. It starts off great, and there are many different game-play elements that I really liked. But the story and pacing start to drag more and more as I went on. By the end it felt unsatisfying.
  30. Apr 22, 2018
    My friend told me to abandon it early on because he said the combat was broken and unfair. I read some reviews that said it was rubbish. I really enjoyed it anyway and couldn't understand the nitpicking with it. It's far from perfect- the combat can be annoying, spinning around at first trying to hit very fast enemies but you get used to it and get better weapons. It's a bit ambiguousMy friend told me to abandon it early on because he said the combat was broken and unfair. I read some reviews that said it was rubbish. I really enjoyed it anyway and couldn't understand the nitpicking with it. It's far from perfect- the combat can be annoying, spinning around at first trying to hit very fast enemies but you get used to it and get better weapons. It's a bit ambiguous as well- i used a couple of websites at certain points when i realised I had missed key things. All in all though I have played a lot of meh games recently that I couldn't wait to get through and on to the next one, and this one was different - I was immersed in the story and really enjoyed the experience. I had to play cautiously, but after so many easy games where you can just tear through with no cares about ammo or health it was actually a positive and helped create a sense of fear when creeping around. Many people seem to dislike it and vice versa, I would say take a risk. Expand
  31. Apr 21, 2018
    The game that resurrected such a genre as immersive sim, after so many years. Arkane Studio has always paid much attention to the details and subtleties in their games that can not but rejoice.
    This is the case when you are the main character and only you decide how the story will develop and what decisions to take, it's up to you. Ending in this game, this is the most amazing twist that I have seen in the game industry lately. I hope a sequel is coming soon.
  32. Apr 14, 2018
    gioco incredibilmente sorprendente,con trama,ambientazione e atmosfera davvero superbe
  33. Mar 29, 2018
    Pros:
    -Cool Scifi/Thriller Story
    -Great level design -Metroidvania style -You can explore EVERYTHING/EVERYWHERE -Multiple solutions to a problem -Nice soundtrack -Nice optional quests -Very cool mechanics (enemies that mimic objects, a gun that creates platforms) Cons: -Not much enemy variation -Not many weapons -Not really a “choose your own approach” game (sometimes you are
    Pros:
    -Cool Scifi/Thriller Story
    -Great level design
    -Metroidvania style
    -You can explore EVERYTHING/EVERYWHERE
    -Multiple solutions to a problem
    -Nice soundtrack
    -Nice optional quests
    -Very cool mechanics (enemies that mimic objects, a gun that creates platforms)

Cons:
    -Not much enemy variation
    -Not many weapons
    -Not really a “choose your own approach” game (sometimes you are forced to develop specific abilities)
    -Too many optional quests

Overall:
    Excellent game, very vertical with a nice and interesting level design. Gameplay mechanics are nothing exceptional but very well implemented and enjoyable. The story is very cool if you like sci-fi thrillers. Highly recommended if you like Deus Ex or System Shock!!!
  34. Mar 26, 2018
    Story and world are interesting but terrible controls and first person platforming/shooting are horrendous. Really gave this a honest shot but 10 hours in I don't have the patience to finish. Not a very enjoyable gameplay experience.
  35. Mar 18, 2018
    This is an amazing game!

A review somewhere describes it as a sandbox in which you can go about solving a puzzle in more or less whatever way you want... thats exactly what it is in my experience. it can be pretty easy or difficult, depending how you prepare for a situation (or not). This is a perfect mix of alien isolation, dishonored, and bioshock. Absolutely fantastic experience.
  36. Mar 13, 2018
    Typical Bethesda game these days.

Boring, tries to do a million things but doesn't get almost anything right. First 20 minutes literally give you a headache. Five different texts on screen at once that you should read, while trying to understand what the game wants from you, how it wants to be played, how the inventory system works, what that lemon on the floor is useful for, why
    Typical Bethesda game these days.

Boring, tries to do a million things but doesn't get almost anything right.

First 20 minutes literally give you a headache. Five different texts on screen at once that you should read, while trying to understand what the game wants from you, how it wants to be played, how the inventory system works, what that lemon on the floor is useful for, why they put an explosive in front of you that you can't use, while you take breaks reading e-mails and magazines...it's a mess.

The combat system is not great and the little enemies that pop up from nowhere are a terrible idea.

Whenever you hear Bethesda say "you can play the game your way", run. it means that they couldn't find a single good formula for the game so they put in a bunch of tedious ones.

To be honest, this is the type of game that most people will be done with by the first sitting. It is clear that it's not going to be fun and there are so many better games out there.

Has Bethesda made anything good after Skyrim?
  37. Feb 24, 2018
    Epic. All i have is love for this game. All the hate is rediculous. Brilliant game. Please do not listen to the haters with short attention spans.
  38. Feb 17, 2018
    I was hesitating about getting this game because I don't really like being scared and also since the demo didn't really grab my attention, but ultimately I caved in and picked it up after a ridiculous discount (why not?). Aaaand I loved. Loved it so much so that I have an enormous void inside after finishing it. Even though I played Dishonored, Bioshocks, Deus Exs and other immersive sims,I was hesitating about getting this game because I don't really like being scared and also since the demo didn't really grab my attention, but ultimately I caved in and picked it up after a ridiculous discount (why not?). Aaaand I loved. Loved it so much so that I have an enormous void inside after finishing it. Even though I played Dishonored, Bioshocks, Deus Exs and other immersive sims, this one was the most enjoyable due to the setting and art direction (I'm a huge sci-fi fan and adore titles like Dead Space). I think I went through every single email and note this time and fully immersed myself.
    The sad and unfortunate truth is that despite Prey has a terrific story, unique "open" world and flexible mechanics + a sort of an open ending, I don't think it sold well which might impact any potential sequels or DLC. But I hope I'm wrong on this one.
  39. Feb 6, 2018
    Just started playing this game and find it very enjoyable. It has elements of several different games and allows different play styles. Learning curve in the beginning is needed, if you just try to run and gun you will not like this game. Stealth is an excellent way to play. Good RPG elements, enjoyable enemies. All round solid game
  40. Jan 29, 2018
    Before you buy this game it's nothing like the original.
    Everything about game is overhauled and fundamentally different. The game is still FPS by style but with new additions overall. You can create items and upgrade your guns(big plus in the game), you have points where you can use to upgrade your character.
    Graphics:8.7 Gameplay:8.6 Story:7.8 Playability (play again): 6 Overall I
    Before you buy this game it's nothing like the original.
    Graphics:8.7
    Gameplay:8.6
    Story:7.8
    Playability (play again): 6
    Overall I would give the game a 8/10
  41. Jan 2, 2018
    Prey has elements that are 9/10 or better and other parts that are 4/10 or worse. It has a solid story, good atmosphere and ambience, and only crashed once. I couldn't stand the repetitive traveling in zones and I really didn't enjoy the combat. I would've much preferred a 6 hour game with the story compacted in there. Honestly, I would've preferred Prey as a walking simulator - and I'mPrey has elements that are 9/10 or better and other parts that are 4/10 or worse. It has a solid story, good atmosphere and ambience, and only crashed once. I couldn't stand the repetitive traveling in zones and I really didn't enjoy the combat. I would've much preferred a 6 hour game with the story compacted in there. Honestly, I would've preferred Prey as a walking simulator - and I'm someone who loves Deus Ex and Dishonored and enjoyed Bioshock, but I was just waiting on this game to end the last half or more. The stealth options are not anywhere near what Dishonored or Deus Ex bring. Expand
  42. Nov 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After 40 or so hours of prey i can say that is a good game, BUT i can feel very unfair (played in hard), the enemy design, visually is OK at best since they took the RE 7 approach by making everything a black blob, but mechanically they dropped the ball pretty hard, mimics are fine, poltergeist to, and even the weaver feels ok even thou he spawns tracking projectiles. but the phantoms feel really unfair since they can spawn Area of effect projectiles in your position, and they can hit you continuously and through walls, since this is a first person perspective it really hurts when they spawn something behind you. One Last thing, the ending movies are REALLY BAD and the post credits scene was really disappointing since absolutely nothing of what i did mattered in any way Expand
  43. Nov 9, 2017
    Absolutamente incrivel. Uma mistura perfeita de System Shock , Bioshock e Alien Isolation. Jogabilidade incrivel , estao sempre à nossa disposiçao varias soluçoes para ultrapassar um obstaculo. Arkane no seu melhor. Obrigatorio.
  44. Nov 1, 2017
    I hesitated a bit before I got this game, but I'm glad I did. It's very good, and it falls into the exact category of games I like. If you loved Bioshock, Dishonored, or the first Dead Space, you'll also love this one. I also appreciated a game putting an effort into the story, and having some quite surprising twists along the way.
  45. Oct 27, 2017
    An actual good Shock game since Bioshock 2, no thanks to Ken Levine. A modern SS2 without feeling too dumb down or casualized. More of a RPG than a shooter and slower paced than your typical AAA game.
  46. Oct 21, 2017
    Prey is a great game. It requires a lot from player, but brings fantastic experience. It's sci-fi in alternative Universe that tells awesome story, plays like half-life+dishonored+bioshock and have awesome ending. It's very long (that's bad) - about 40 hours of gameplay, but pretty intensive and thrilling. One of the best games in 2017.
  47. Oct 8, 2017
    I truly wished I could like this game, but every time the game find new ways to annoy.

The game has been clearly influenced by developers previous work: bioshock and dishonored. It has great locations you want to explore more and more. The controls work great if you don't count the zero gravitation areas., and the weapons feel excellent. The presentation in the beginning is done right. Crafting weapons, utilities and materials are something new and refreshing.

Unfortunately that's all I can say. Story wise there is no character development, the game throws at you dialogs from characters that you almost never see and protagonist never responds to anything. The game mechanics get very quickly repetitive and the ones you fight against look almost the same. The mini games like hacking is laughable. The game has also some technical problems as well which would take another whole chapter to cover. For a game that forces you to go from one area to another get ready for the loading screens most of your game time.

After 20+ hours I got bored, I couldn't take it anymore. I was playing the game hoping something would eventually change, but it's the same thing from the beginning. Like MGS5 the game throws at you repetitive mission and exposition that you supposed to care about. and does not reward you at the end.

It did not deliver what I was expecting, game and technical wise. The whole build up for the secret reveal in the end I just watched on Youtube, and it wasn't satisfying.
  48. Oct 3, 2017
    I'm glad I did not listen to the negative rewiews the best game I played on the pro lately,I felt like playing the first deus ex. Big positive surprise a true single player game at last,without the sick atmosphere of dishonored.
  49. Sep 22, 2017
    I own PS4 since January 2017, played about 25 games so far, I play everything but with a 100% I can say this is the worst game I've ever played since 1990 and worst 20$ spent ever on a game, I think if i take all those games in 20 years and this one I didnt load so many times. Awful graphic, non-interesteing story, stupid combat and controls, boring enemies, boriiiing loading times betweenI own PS4 since January 2017, played about 25 games so far, I play everything but with a 100% I can say this is the worst game I've ever played since 1990 and worst 20$ spent ever on a game, I think if i take all those games in 20 years and this one I didnt load so many times. Awful graphic, non-interesteing story, stupid combat and controls, boring enemies, boriiiing loading times between some parts in a levels, and AIM with R3 then zoom lol wtf??? i expected better game then Dishonored 2 but its not even close. Believe me I love games but this one is a total total fail. Story is totally stupid its about ill give u glue gun and wrench later gun and shotgun with some bullets u go fight against aliens with electricity, fire and I dont know what else and between that ill lock 90% doors lol wtf, in some parts u must go outside the station and theres no gravity my God wtf u barely can orientate and see where u need 2 go. Really the worst and most annoying game ever wanted to stop playing after 2 hours but continued in a hope something will change but nothing now im on 10hrs and hope this bulls*** will end soon. Expand
  50. Sep 21, 2017
    My greatest challenge in this game is figuring out where to go... The mission markers are so messed up. Why is finding my way such a project? The game was fun for me the first hours but now it's just annoying, and ''enhanced for ps4 pro''??
    Come on, the graphics are horrible and it does not really feel smooth to play this overall boring game. That being said, the looting is fun and the story is cool ( the beginning anyways )... My advice is to skip this game.
  51. Sep 21, 2017
    Fun, misterious, good story, good gameplay, soundtrack is really good...
    I got this game because i had nothing to play at the time and man what a pleasant surprise.
    i highly recommend you get this game.
  52. Sep 16, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having loved the first, old Prey, my expectations on Arkane's Prey were conflicting: on one hand I was expecting an excellent game, on the other hand a game that would never have been special as the original. Surely, I loved what I've found.

This Prey's plot is much richer than that of the original: it has an historical background, it has big plot twists and a better writing – palpable the imprint of Chris Avellone. Arkane changes shape, but not substance: a constant search for one's own identity. A path to be followed that will lead to ultimate destination: the discovery and definition of own nature. Who is Morgan Yu? Who do we want Morgan Yu to be? Not only this. Losing our memories can possibly change our opinions or positions on something we dealed differently? Probably. Maybe the most correct question is: what does it mean to be human? What is our place in the universe? A universe where aliens like Typhon can't feel empathy, but possess extraordinary powers. Almost like having to tight a blood pact, to get something sacrificing something else, but this is more for humans than for Typhon. Almost to say that if you want a great power, that great power will consume you till change what you are. Why? Because you can't get everything. Just like the old Prey, the meaning of this story, is that human being is not great and powerful as it likes to think. Ending plot twist is really a bomb; and even then you can make a choice. Choosing who or what "Morgan" ultimately wants to be.

Prey's gameplay is most likely the gameplay that every game would have today if the golden age of video games would never ended. Many naive and younger players compare it to BioShock: no, Prey is better. In Prey you can complete missions, secondary quests, even before you receive the assignment itself. In Prey, thanks to the revolutionary Gloo gun, it's possible to reach many inaccessible places, thus creating true roads where there are not. In Prey, rubber darts launched with a crossbow, can be used to push buttons and open closed doors, or using the touchpad of a computer screen, thus acting as an indirect remote control. In Prey, almost all objects possess their own physics, can be launched and manipulated, environmental interactivity – as it should theoretically be for all modern games – is very high, free, experimentable. All Talos I is freely explorable, and the player can devote himself to recovering data and information in the station to find out its secrets. There are really a lot of roads to walk, and the player can chose which one is better to take. Very beautiful also sections with zero gravity, albeit somewhat confusing. In Prey, at least 3/4 of choices, both secondary and primary, affect the game by generating at least a dozen different finals. Enemies are various and have variable powers, some more lethal, others less. They have violent, fast and aggressive attitudes – a great artificial intelligence, in short. Thanks to alien powers, is possible to transform the character in common objects from the simplest to the most complex, in order to circumvent obstacles, hide or deceive the enemies. Level of challenge, even at "normal", is quite high: generally can be dead with 2 or 3 direct hits. All this, it's much, much more than a BioShock game. It's actually an old basic gameplay, worthy of a real video game, but still improved anyway, and the fact that it looks new today should make reflect on the differences in the gaming values of the past and of the present. Something got lost in time, but Prey recovers it and improves it.

Graphically the game is very nice. It doesn't excel, but it doesn't need it either. Artistic steampunk, retrofuturistic and art déco design is very well done and beautiful. Too bad for some details, such as reflections on glass and mirrors, which unfortunately – like most modern games – are missing; it's fair to remember that in the old Prey, these details were present. Soundtrack is great, both Mick Gordon and Colantonio tracks are nice and fits game's atmosphere. Optimization works, but has problems: many bugs, a game that looks at the past this way, should also provide a better optimization, because once there were no reluctant day-one patches. Loading times get ridiculously too much long going forward in the game.

This new Prey? I loved it. It founds its way, learning from the past and teaching to the present and future. Gameplay and true interactivity, challenge, plot and good thematics, graphic and much more. More games should be like Prey, and this is a fact not a personal taste. A game made (almost) all in the old good way. Sure, it's a different Prey if compared to the old one, but it's still a masterpiece, and I was the first not completely believing in it, but I had to admit its merits. Many won't understand it, others will compare it to BioShock, while Prey is much greater than BioShock. Only true gamers will know and appreciate the gem they found.
  53. Sep 3, 2017
    In a nutshell, Prey is essentially a great but technically flawed first-person metroidvania on a space station. The gameplay and ways to play are often brilliant, the exploration is encouraging, and the replay value is rich. The decisions you make in it tend to change the outcome of the game. It's just a shame that a few quest-breaking bugs continue to hold the game down from its full trueIn a nutshell, Prey is essentially a great but technically flawed first-person metroidvania on a space station. The gameplay and ways to play are often brilliant, the exploration is encouraging, and the replay value is rich. The decisions you make in it tend to change the outcome of the game. It's just a shame that a few quest-breaking bugs continue to hold the game down from its full true Game-of-the-Year potential. Expand
  54. Aug 31, 2017
    'Prey' is not for the Gunslingers. You need to have patience for the first 2 or 3 hours while the game gets into a pace. Once it gets there, 'Dishonored 2' and 'Deus Ex' will join. This game is matured fun.
    Simple the most underrated game of '17.
    I would love to rate it 8.5
  55. Aug 30, 2017
    This Game reminds me of a lot of other games. A singelplayer of the old school. A very very genius setting. A solid story and the Freedom to decide how to deal with situations. Take Bioshock, put in a little bit Systemshock and Half Life and you get e very good Game. The only problem, it is with about 30 hours playtime (if you do all the quests) a little bit short. And get the Pc versionThis Game reminds me of a lot of other games. A singelplayer of the old school. A very very genius setting. A solid story and the Freedom to decide how to deal with situations. Take Bioshock, put in a little bit Systemshock and Half Life and you get e very good Game. The only problem, it is with about 30 hours playtime (if you do all the quests) a little bit short. And get the Pc version trust me it is the better one.... Expand
  56. Jul 28, 2017
    Right, this was a game for, dare I say,, Nerds. Is there any other reason a dweek programer would insist on sending somebody in an antigravity tunnel environment only to find an unlockable portal, with very few clues except in one instance, stop a fan with "goo," I say STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED! There was enough meat to keep me going a couple days, but this was a major Bethesda Failure, aRight, this was a game for, dare I say,, Nerds. Is there any other reason a dweek programer would insist on sending somebody in an antigravity tunnel environment only to find an unlockable portal, with very few clues except in one instance, stop a fan with "goo," I say STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED! There was enough meat to keep me going a couple days, but this was a major Bethesda Failure, a company I believed had potential. Expand
  57. Jul 28, 2017
    I expected much more from this title. The engine of the game is very weak, the story does not have a definite point, a map that does not help at all and the characters very clumsy. It's very strange that Bethestha makes such mistakes.
  58. Jul 22, 2017
    The game's first 3 hours is a blast, it's so fun to play but after that it becomes a repetitive, I can totally see what type of people that this game was made for but it isn't my taste.
  59. Jul 17, 2017
    Okay people saying stupid **** like "it's a BioShock ripoff" or "it should have been about a space bounty hunter" need to shut the hell up. Also, poor user reviews like "Runs bad on my PC" in the PS4 section just once again confirms how pathetic and cancerous the computer gaming community is.

Prey is a wonderful System/BioShock-inspired game with a brilliant mysterious plot, tense atmosphere and solid gameplay. After one of the best openings to a game I've ever witnessed the Prey hooked me up and didn't let go until the finale about 35 hours later, even if got a bit less tense in the second half. The game's biggest strength, apart from the fun powers to play with, is the amazing environmental storytelling with a deeply-written lore, as well as the main intriguing storyline. Speaking about the story in detail means spoilers, and those are present from almost the beginning of Prey, so I will just recommend any FPS or RPG or Sci-Fi or just gaming fan to give this game a try, for it's worth it. A bonus mentioning is the soundtrack which has a couple of very memorable songs that I'll be listening to for a while.

Still, the game's not perfect, and I have the following complaints: 1) The loading screens. They are long and pesky and really break up the immersion. 2) Backtracking. While initially progressing through new sections of the Talos station, eventually the game makes you backtrack the already familiar areas with annoying respawning enemies. It is especially painful with the aforementioned loading screens. 3) Bugs. Even though it's been several months since the game's release I still could not complete at least two side quests due to bugs. Plus there was more annoying stuff like inventory items failing to stack up properly, quest completion notifications popping up randomly and some buttons like reload not working unless I loaded a previous save. 4) The ending. I won't dwell into spoiler territory here, but I felt like it gave more new questions rather than answers.

Even so, it is still one of the best games I've played in a while. Arkane studios have proven their superiority with the Dishonored games and this is another solid hit on their hands, I really wish it sold better than it did, and sincerely hope it's getting a sequel.
  60. Jul 17, 2017
    If I had to sum up my entire experience with the game in one word, it’d be “frustrating”. Everything about this game seems designed to make you feel as angry as possible, from the meatshield enemies that are necessary to fight just so you can progress to the resources so limited that Silent Hill would call them out on it to the fact that the game’s much touted “play your way” system fallsIf I had to sum up my entire experience with the game in one word, it’d be “frustrating”. Everything about this game seems designed to make you feel as angry as possible, from the meatshield enemies that are necessary to fight just so you can progress to the resources so limited that Silent Hill would call them out on it to the fact that the game’s much touted “play your way” system falls completely flat once you realize that you literally can build your character wrong and will have to restart the entire adventure just so you can keep progressing. Expand
  61. Jul 7, 2017
    The game has an amazing first impression and feels a lot like BioShock. The gameplay, however, reveals itself to be punishing and unaccommodating. Early in the game I had to switch to "easy" which did not make the game very easy at all - you are stuck with just your wrench, a pitiful stamina pool and the game pits you against an enemy that can teleport about and has an absolutely tinyThe game has an amazing first impression and feels a lot like BioShock. The gameplay, however, reveals itself to be punishing and unaccommodating. Early in the game I had to switch to "easy" which did not make the game very easy at all - you are stuck with just your wrench, a pitiful stamina pool and the game pits you against an enemy that can teleport about and has an absolutely tiny hit box. The early hours of the game are a mind numbing struggle as you are underpowered, slow moving and restricted in your number of approaches. Furthermore, the game throws you into a huge map with no indication of area difficulty and could see you wander into an area with very challenging enemies completely unprepared. As you collect weapons, resources and powers (basically, plasmids) you level the playing field a bit. But right around 2/3 of the way through the game, when you finally feel powerful and prepared to fight, the game just goes wide and starts putting unrealistic numbers of powerful enemies everywhere and hiding behind that "sometimes it's smarter to sneak or run from the enemies" story. Additionally, the side quests are not motivating. You essentially get nothing for completing them, and since they're basically just a long series of fetch or kill quests you end up having to backtrack a ton. This process is hampered by long loading screens and tiny areas that you can quickly traverse only to reach your next loading screen. Ultimately the game makes use of some extremely arbitrary and predictable tropes to extend the gameplay - you found that keycard you needed? Well, just as you try to open it, some villain somehow cuts off power to the room and now you have to go back 6 areas to the power plant to kill him and restore power to wait through 6 loading screens back to open the damn door.

The basics are there; puzzle solving and exploring for an alternate path (like Deus Ex) are exciting.
    Finding item schematics and resources is rewarding. But combat is unbalanced and unfair and the ending is a total disaster. The game needs work.
  62. Jul 4, 2017
    Prey, the new game of Bethesda Softworks and Arkane Studios. It is a mix of Dishonored and Bioshock,
    which takes us from the beginning of the game and guide us until the end. In Prey, we have everything, from RPG to FPS, from Survival to Horror. An unforgettable atmosphere, which is accompanied by a great OST, particularly Mick Gordon's track ''Everything is going to be ok''. Great graphics, interesting characters, so Prey has everything to be the Game of the Year.
  63. Jun 26, 2017
    Starting on Talos one alone and surrounded by creatures and other-worldly monstrosities has never felt so gripping. Instilling a sense of dread early on with limited resources and ammo, constantly being bombarded by mimics disguised as coffee mugs, rolls of toilet paper and other non-inspiring objects.

As you progress you'll find blue-prints enabling you to build ammunition, weapons and consumables. Rewarding those who like to check every nook and cranny. Aside from scavenging you're able to peek into the lives of those stationed aboard Talos one via open terminals. A glimpse into the day to day routines, to the more nefarious deeds of the employees. You also gain access to security terminals where you can locate every (and I mean every) employee on board living or dead. Some terminals will also yield maps and schematics as well.

The skill tree at first seems very overwhelming where each upgrade in the beginning seems like a monumental choice. At a certain point in the game you have the choice of infusing alien skills into your play-style enabling you make some truly devastating builds. As you progress and determine the play-style you want the choices you want to make become less daunting.

The game takes you various facilities around the space station, each section has its own unique story and characters tied to them. From a sprawling garden to lavish lounge and even exiting the station for some flight among the stars. Sadly, the load times are quite long and become increasingly frustrating toward the end of the game due to backtracking.

All in all I loved almost every aspect of this game. The various enemy types, weapons, characters and locales make this a truly horrifying and unique experience. From the lonely abandoned hallways to the endless expanse of floating around Talos one, very few games nowadays can hit that sweet spot between horror and action but PREY nails it.
  64. Jun 24, 2017
    I like the open world space station, gave the game a feel of non-linearity which is something more game developers should try. I like the fact that exploration was rewarded usually with neuromods or weapon upgrade kits and stuff, although only a few of the side missions were challenging. The space station can be sterile and uninteresting through your exploration of it and the loading timesI like the open world space station, gave the game a feel of non-linearity which is something more game developers should try. I like the fact that exploration was rewarded usually with neuromods or weapon upgrade kits and stuff, although only a few of the side missions were challenging. The space station can be sterile and uninteresting through your exploration of it and the loading times when travelling between areas is horribly tedious. The RPG elements are pretty good, and using abilities to your advantage in combat was rewarding. The ending was a let down. Overall decent game, that was ambitious but didn't do the greatest job of executing its vision. Expand
  65. Jun 23, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excellent game ... ignore all the negative reviews - it is obvious those ppl have not explored properly.
    Great mechanics and level-tree, combat is fine and the 'enemies' can be quite scary and challenging if not handled in the right way. Travel is neither too easy nor too difficult and the setting (even though it is an imaginary space-station) is believable and consistent. The story holds together even if the ending(s) are a little disappointed and truncated. IMO we are being set-up for a sequel - Prey 2 - which is a good thing! 9 or 10 ...
  66. Jun 22, 2017
    Where do I start with this and where do I finish ?
    The best thing I can say about it, it’s an ok game, wait for a big price discount if you want to play it.
    Where do I start with this and where do I finish ?
    1. The game course is very informative, you have endless emails and audio logs and so on to give you clues, key cards and codes, most of the time you can’t listen or read because you’re ganged on by an endless bunch of aliens that appear out of nowhere.
    2. You’re stuck in Talos 1 a huge space ship/shuttle that consist of numerous sections and compartments, offices, living quarters, medics and so on and you will have to travel back and forth waiting for the game to load every time you go through a gate to complete missions or unnecessary, endless line up for side missions.
    3. You READ a lot, well you have to, each enemy has a strategy of attack so don’t waste valuable shotgun ammo every time you’re faced with a big guy, instead, scan enemy and read instruction to build your plan of attack and even then, select carefully your primary weapon, secondary weapon, your special power and draw enemy to a suitable environment (nice ay).
    4. When in space, zero gravity, make sure you quick save often as you’re pretty much lost in vast space with no map looking for a tiny needle while ganged on big time by all sorts of aliens.
    5. You find millions of cards, key cards, codes, email hints yet all doors are locked.
    6. Play it, but you’re warned, it has its good moments but it’s an annoying game.
    You can only feel a bit of my disappointment, my game of the year 2016 was dishonoured 2.
  67. Jun 21, 2017
    Prey is a first-person shooter that tries very hard to emulate Bioshock, in that you use powers and the environment to kill enemies, not just traditional weaponry. Prey's biggest flaw is that it wants to be both a survival horror game like Resident Evil and an action thriller like Bioshock, but it pulls off neither effectively. Elements from both game-play styles get in the way of eachPrey is a first-person shooter that tries very hard to emulate Bioshock, in that you use powers and the environment to kill enemies, not just traditional weaponry. Prey's biggest flaw is that it wants to be both a survival horror game like Resident Evil and an action thriller like Bioshock, but it pulls off neither effectively. Elements from both game-play styles get in the way of each other. Let me explain.
    From the survival horror aspect, the game tries to emulate the clunky controls, resource starvation, inventory management and creepy sounds/jump scares of a Resident Evil game. Problems:
    A. Enemies are too numerous and re-spawn each time you load into a "zone". Not just scripted events like Resident Evil, these are almost full respawns of enemies and there is no limit to how often they can respawn. You are given too few resources to deal with all of these enemies, even with upgrades. The enemies rarely drop useful resources. This strongly discourages going back to open rooms that were previously locked, or going back to do side quests.

B. You get very powerful by the end of the game in some aspects, to the point that the game would be very easy if you just had the resources you wanted. You can still use certain powers to escape and run/sneak by everything if you don’t have what you need. It sucks all the tension out of the game encountering so many enemies and for the most part easily overpowering them.

C. No storage box to hold extra inventory. It feels like you’re required to take the extra inventory space perks.

D. Lacks enemy variety/bosses. The enemies that are here are very fast, semi-random behavior, and very powerful. Early on especially, but even later, enemies can feel cheap. Tracking these quick enemies as they teleport and scurry about, some even transforming to objects in the game to hide can be frustrating. They still do high damage late, but you have more ways to deal with them.
    E. Story is mostly told through e-mail and audio logs. The audio logs are well done, but I find it hard to care about these people I’ve never met. It’s not interesting. I read enough e-mail at work, so I’m not sure why the devs thought reading e-mails would be fun, it’s not. I stopped reading the e-mails about mid game. The story is absolutely silly, in that it’s supposed to be set in an alternate reality of the year 2031. I guess we’re supposed to suspend our disbelief that people in the future will use tons of paper, post-it notes, and white boards, despite having modern computers, still smoke like it’s the 50’s (the game says they’ve apparently cured cancer, so smoking is considered as dangerous as a can of soda; WTF smoking still has many other issues), still leave passwords lying around exactly how companies today tell you not to, ect. Yet they also created a very impressive space station, escape pods, 3-D printing, matter deconstruction, ect. It doesn’t mesh well. It also borrows so heavily from Bioshock aesthetically that I found the game rather boring to look at. The enemies don’t help
    matters as they are just blobs of black. They lack personality and are neither scary nor impressive.

Prey is also a problem as an action game as well. Again you’ll see why:

A. Pacing issues cause the game to slow down. You get to scoot around the space station, but it is so slow and the U.I. is bad about labeling the way-points all the time, so it’s easy to get lost. It’s also large, so it’s slow to get around. Also, every time you leaving a zone or load your game, it takes literally 3 minutes for the game to load. This is on a PS4 Pro with boost mode enabled and a custom installed hybrid hard drive, which is faster than stock. Unacceptable considering how simple the game is.

B. Lack of resources make the game not as fun as it could be. If it’s an action game, ammo/health shouldn’t be that hard to come by. Prey has an identity crisis.

C. Cheap damage from environment. You can take absurd amounts of damage to your space suit running into things in space, or stepping on a puddle of fire, touching electricity that will jump out at you from a broken panel, ect. Since this is a first person game, these things are harder to avoid than you would think, and many times it’s easy to do this by accident and take massive damage, even with mods to reduce damage. It’s very annoying.

D. The U.I. gets in the way. You only get 3 programmable hotkeys for weapons/items, so you’ll constantly be going in and out of the menu to sway/use items.

Can you have fun with Prey? Sure, I liked the game enough to finish it. I got it on sale for $40 too, but I'd still say if you've play this type of game before, hold out for a price of about $20 to get your money's worth. The campaign is about 30 hours, but that's not to say all of those hours are enjoyable. Most of the game feels like a worse version of past games, executed with average effort.
  68. Jun 19, 2017
    The reboot of the series that not many people were happy about. But the original E3 trailer I think got a lot of people interested. Then people played the demo and trashed it. But when they actually played the full game they actually rather enjoyed it so hey. Maybe the reboot wasn't a bad idea after all. Well that set aside I really liked the story here of suspense and mystery it reallyThe reboot of the series that not many people were happy about. But the original E3 trailer I think got a lot of people interested. Then people played the demo and trashed it. But when they actually played the full game they actually rather enjoyed it so hey. Maybe the reboot wasn't a bad idea after all. Well that set aside I really liked the story here of suspense and mystery it really builds up til the very end. Expand
  69. Jun 12, 2017
    Prey implements contrasts like no other game I've played. All at once it brilliantly juxtaposes itself with familiarity and foreignness; originality and homage; fear and comfort; story and gameplay.

Like Dishonored, it mixes story, world and gameplay elements to create an experience that feels both original and familiar. It is easy to see the inspirations for Prey, games like Bioshock, System Shock, Dues Ex and Dishonored.
    However, despite the many similarities, Prey still feels fresh and engaging.
    The intended claustrophobic atmosphere is contrasted by the wide, wondrous views of the Arbotoreum and the Talos Lobby.
    The story's plot and twists were also brilliant. As soon as I thought I had caught onto a tangible clue or figured out the story, Prey threw something new into the mix. By the time I reached the end, I was both expecting and blown away by the finale (admittedly, more blown away than expectant).

I am a huge fan of Dishonored so was a bit hesitant going into Prey, not expecting it to be as good. But I am pleasantly surprised that I can rate it as equal to Dishonored's ingenuity.
  70. Jun 5, 2017
    Prey save bug deleted my 11 hours gameplay progression .. Couldn't be arsed to try it again .. when you are a multi million dollar publisher and charging AAA prices for a AA game, this kind of **** is unacceptable ...

Also, this is a blatant bioshock copy with no new features apart from your slow ass character and **** story ... seriously Bethesda .... screw you guys
  71. Jun 3, 2017
    A video game being relentless is certainly not a bad thing, but when relentlessness is paired with dreary and repetitive gameplay it isn’t a good mix at all. It's just not fun. Despite the admirable design of the locations and enemies, playing Prey just felt like a chore.
  72. Jun 2, 2017
    If they could please release a patch to give it a decent ending this game would be much better. As it is I was left feeling pretty deflated and disappointed after finishing this game. The story just dwindles into nothing important or satisfying. I wouldn't waste my time if I could do it over. Total let down.
  73. May 30, 2017
    Given that this came from the same studio that gave us the Dishonored series it's hard to imagine what they were thinking. They seem to have taken all their best ideas and binned them, leaving only the repetitive, frustrating, and boring dross for this 'game'. The maps are poorly designed with a marker system that leaves a lot to be desired; combat is clunky and simply frustrating. At noGiven that this came from the same studio that gave us the Dishonored series it's hard to imagine what they were thinking. They seem to have taken all their best ideas and binned them, leaving only the repetitive, frustrating, and boring dross for this 'game'. The maps are poorly designed with a marker system that leaves a lot to be desired; combat is clunky and simply frustrating. At no time in this 'game' do you feel like you've actually made any progress. The original Prey was a quirky, interesting, and fun to play experience. This Prey is a frustratingly boring chore whose sole reason for existing would seem to be to show that Arkane can also produce crap when they want to. This is by far my worst game of this generation and definitely wasn't worth the money and time I put into it. Expand
  74. May 27, 2017
    Prey is a game that is either really good or really bad depending on what part of the story you're on. The game does an amazing job of making you feel like you are on the space station Talos 1. Immersion is this games biggest strength. Audio clips, emails, files, and dead bodies are scattered all over the station giving you a look into the past before things were, or as things were goingPrey is a game that is either really good or really bad depending on what part of the story you're on. The game does an amazing job of making you feel like you are on the space station Talos 1. Immersion is this games biggest strength. Audio clips, emails, files, and dead bodies are scattered all over the station giving you a look into the past before things were, or as things were going to **** You really get a sense of seeing what happened to these people. What the aliens did to them. Its wonderful stuff. The graphics also help with the immersion factor. It's not jaw-dropping gorgeous by any means, but the design aesthetic is done really well. Also constantly seeing the moon or earth out of the many huge windows really keeps reminding you that you are in space. Combat is good in this game. Not great mind you. The weapons are all very neat and somewhat original, but using them is the problem. It never seems to really become natural. The shooting mechanics are clunky. You'll find yourself missing shots you shouldn't have missed. Ammo is also very scarce in this game. You can recycle junk you find to craft more, but later on in the game when enemies become more abundant, you will constantly hear the clicking sound of a gun with no bullets as you hopelessly swing your trusty old wrench around. And let me tell you about this wrench. You will use this thing for the entire game. Its the only thing that will keep you alive in tough times. But using it is much worse than the guns. You just swing it around hoping to hit your target. The small aliens, called mimics, are always on the ground crawling about, forcing you to try to smash them. You'll find yourself just mashing the trigger button, spinning in a circle trying to kill these guys. This isn't really fun. Not because of the difficulty, its not actually that hard. Its just not fun. Plain and simple. Later in in the game these machine-drone things called operators will start to appear. They are **** They kill you quicker than you can throw your controller at your tv out of frustration. And you are always low on ammo, as previously mentioned, so you really have to just sprint from room to room avoiding them at all costs. Oh and they respawn indefinitely, so killing them is utterly pointless even if you have ammo to spare. This is Preys biggest misstep in my opinion. The game is best when you are creeping around, killing 1 or 2 enemies at a time. Having to sprint to the next objective or get insta-killed really breaks the immersion I just praised earlier. The load times are atrocious. It sometimes takes up to 1 minute to reload after you die, or walk into the next area. This really becomes a problem when you are not quite sure where to go. The game has several different areas. Different parts of the station. Loading between these parts takes forever. And you don't know where to go sometimes, so you could walk into the next area *queue the 1 minute loading screen* realize you are not supposed to be there, and then turn around and leave *queue another 1 minute loading screen* The game loads soo slow I probably spent 10% of my entire play-through staring at the loading screen. I won't really talk about the main story but I will just say that its ok. Nothing special. Its not going to stick with you after you finish the game. The ending is designed to make you sit back and think, but it didn't really have that effect on me. I've mostly complained about this game, but I did actually like it. Its one of those games where you have to play it for yourself and see what I mean. It will frustrate you at least a few times, but you will have fun. Its not worth the full 60 dollar price tho. I recommend picking the game up when it drops to about 30 bucks. Heres a quick little summary of my pros and cons below:

Pros:

visual design
    Immersion
    interesting areas
    exploration

Cons:

combat
    lack of ammo
    glitches
    loading times
  75. May 26, 2017
    It's nothing like the first Prey that was a masterpiece. Now this is one of the most boring game i ever played not only it lags on the ps pro but the story is non existent, the gunplay is lame and frustrating, the enemies are dull and un interesting, and there is not a single npc on the entire space station you can interact with. I grew up playing half life and deus ex and i can't believeIt's nothing like the first Prey that was a masterpiece. Now this is one of the most boring game i ever played not only it lags on the ps pro but the story is non existent, the gunplay is lame and frustrating, the enemies are dull and un interesting, and there is not a single npc on the entire space station you can interact with. I grew up playing half life and deus ex and i can't believe how much disappointment this game is to me. Expand
  76. May 25, 2017
    I found Prey to be one of the most repetitive games I've ever played. The game is basically linear, it makes you run back and forth between the station decks picking up little clues, safe numbers, items... which unlock doors, safes and things on entirely different levels. Back and forth, back and forth... it get's really BORING once you have to go past the same hum drum stuff you passedI found Prey to be one of the most repetitive games I've ever played. The game is basically linear, it makes you run back and forth between the station decks picking up little clues, safe numbers, items... which unlock doors, safes and things on entirely different levels. Back and forth, back and forth... it get's really BORING once you have to go past the same hum drum stuff you passed before.

What really made me uninstall is that even though loot doesn't respawn in boxes and cabinets, the MOBS do! You work your way and plan you finally kill the damn things when, poof, a few hours later when you revisit a room, the DARN THING IS THERE AGAIN!!!

If the game is going to have me going back and forth, the least it could do is NOT resurrect the monsters!!!! Hated it, uninstalled it... POOF it's gone.
  77. May 19, 2017
    I have to say the first 5 hours of the game I really liked. Getting my first gun, getting my first alien power, both awesome, after that the game just got repetitive, and wtf was with the sound? Not the music that's another topic, but the cut scenes along with the loud, over the top, noise was just annoying. I don't even know what the cut scenes added to the game... The ending wasI have to say the first 5 hours of the game I really liked. Getting my first gun, getting my first alien power, both awesome, after that the game just got repetitive, and wtf was with the sound? Not the music that's another topic, but the cut scenes along with the loud, over the top, noise was just annoying. I don't even know what the cut scenes added to the game... The ending was disappointing. This one I tried to like but just couldn't... Expand
  78. May 18, 2017
    Overall, it is a good game, and here is the list of pros and cons in my view:
    pros:
    1 - the environment and the music match the game very well. It has a very nice feeling to it. 2 - the story is interesting and I really liked the story telling style. It is indirect and very engaging, Specially if you end up reading the notes and emails. There aren't many of them, and there are many
    Overall, it is a good game, and here is the list of pros and cons in my view:
    pros:
    2 - the story is interesting and I really liked the story telling style. It is indirect and very engaging, Specially if you end up reading the notes and emails. There aren't many of them, and there are many repeated ones. Won't take much time to read and really put things in perspective. I totally recommend reading them. It also puts a nice pace to the game too. You stop, read something interesting, then go back to game and move on.
    3 - there is very little hand holding the game, you need to find everything yourself and make things happen and there are many different ways of doing it.
    4 - the game is filled with fun and interesting secrets. After 30 hours I have not been able to find 10% of it. And these 10% I figured out through those notes. Don't look up spoilers on them, they are really satisfying to figure out by yourself.
    5 - A very diverse and interesting talents and abilities that you can gain. I have rarely seen this many interesting stuff in any video games, from turning into a cup of coffee to teleporing.

Cons:
    1 - The controller felt very weird and laggy on PS4. They released a patch for it and now it is better. But I don't know how they missed that on their play tests.
    2 - The loading times are horrendous. It takes literally 5min some time to move between areas. It is really annoying specially in the end that you end up going through the areas a lot. You will be mostly waiting on loading screen than playing.
    3 - The endgame enemy types are very cheaply designed. There are some no man's sky drones called military units that have eyes back of their head, they can fly, and shoot at any direction. Just very cheap design for a stealth oriented game. I liked the Dishonored enemy progression way more.

It is a good game overall, give demo a try and see if it is the game for you. I enjoyed it, minus some annoyances that I mentioned. And I see a lot of the reviews here are just based on demo which is not fair at all in my view.
  79. May 17, 2017
    So I just finished Prey and I have to say that it was okay. The multiple paths made exploring the space station interesting. The neuromod abilities were really helpful both in and out of combat. Multiple endings encourage you to replay it.

But some things hold it back like the fact all the enemies look the same except for their aura. Moving throughout the ship causes loding screen after loading screen to appear which get annoying. And finally the fact that Prey 2 was cancelled for this disappoints me. Say what you want, but Human Head had something beautiful and Bethesda ruined it.
  80. May 17, 2017
    Half-Life, BioShock, and Dead Space are its obvious influences, which is fine, but I'd be more forgiving if the controls weren't so sluggish, and the enemy variation had a more appealing design. Swinging your wrench downward at little fast black blobs gets tedious after a while. I like how the game gives you numerous ways to approach how you progress through it, depending on what skillsHalf-Life, BioShock, and Dead Space are its obvious influences, which is fine, but I'd be more forgiving if the controls weren't so sluggish, and the enemy variation had a more appealing design. Swinging your wrench downward at little fast black blobs gets tedious after a while. I like how the game gives you numerous ways to approach how you progress through it, depending on what skills you choose to obtain and upgrade. That said though, at least from what I can tell, it's not even possible to access 100% of all skills and abilities in one play through. And there's no new game+ so you won't be able to replay it to unlock the rest of them, you just make different choices next time if you want. The sci-fi story is decent, but it's not as mind-blowing as the devs probably thought it was before delivering it.

One last thing - MAKE SURE TO USE MULTIPLE SLOTS WHEN YOU SAVE. Actually, just use a new slot every single time. This game is currently very glitchy, and it's likely for some corpses containing vital items at times to clip fall through a floor or disappear entirely. This makes it literally impossible to get to the end if you only use one slot, and save your progress after you unknowingly caused a dead body to vanish at some point. YOU'RE **** You have no choice but to start the game all over again like it's your first time.
  81. May 17, 2017
    Playing with Prey brought me back to 1997, to the amazing System shock 2...let me say...WOW!
    The atmosphere is incredible, the gameplay is a unique mix of different genres and the artist direction is fantastic. The game is long (i spent 26 hr) and challenging, for a long time I did not see anything like that (No, not Bioschock).
    Honestly i don't understand the critics, given the low
    Honestly i don't understand the critics, given the low level of most productions...
  82. May 17, 2017
    If you love the idea of exploring a space station overrun by alien, collecting tons of loot, craft any item you need and use space magic to take the form of a coffee cup... then this game is for you!

The game is challenging but never unfair, solid experience, around 25/30 hour for first run. The two only complains are the 2 loading screen (why two?) and the respawning enemies (why do

The two only complains are the 2 loading screen (why two?) and the respawning enemies (why do I need to kill the same 3 enemies when going through certain places?).
  83. May 17, 2017
    This is the best game of the last few years. It is a old-school 3d-fps-rpg-shooter with a great atmosphere and environment. When I start to play, after 30 min I can’t believe… it was a System Shock 2 2017!!!! YES finally. This not a stupid shooter, this game with great story, with many logs and quest. Very good level design, very cool RPG part with implants. I play this game 3 days in aThis is the best game of the last few years. It is a old-school 3d-fps-rpg-shooter with a great atmosphere and environment. When I start to play, after 30 min I can’t believe… it was a System Shock 2 2017!!!! YES finally. This not a stupid shooter, this game with great story, with many logs and quest. Very good level design, very cool RPG part with implants. I play this game 3 days in a row for 12 hours, with breaks 4 sure. Yes it’s slow, but I enjoy every minute of this game, I play slow, read every note and log, search every room, do all quest. I just enjoy the gameplay by 200%. Thx Raphaël Colantonio for this great gift. Expand
  84. May 16, 2017
    Prey is a unique Action RPG game in a Sci-Fi setting with nods to Deus Ex and Dishonored. It has an engaging story and atmosphere combined with a good blend of weapons and abilities to aid you as you fight your way across Talos 1. Every puzzle and obstacle has multiple solutions. You may wish to handle situations using brute force, advanced hacking skills or find some other creative way toPrey is a unique Action RPG game in a Sci-Fi setting with nods to Deus Ex and Dishonored. It has an engaging story and atmosphere combined with a good blend of weapons and abilities to aid you as you fight your way across Talos 1. Every puzzle and obstacle has multiple solutions. You may wish to handle situations using brute force, advanced hacking skills or find some other creative way to proceed. The Alien powers add an exciting but morally questionable aspect to the game. The various sections of the space station are rich and diverse. Navigating outside the space station is confusing and disorienting, but I feel this accurately represents what navigating around a space station in a jet-pack equipped suit would feel like. I found many of the side quests interesting to complete and often looked forward to looking for more, rather than getting burnt out like in some other titles. Whether this was on account of the constantly evolving gameplay or the story itself is hard to say. The main story is well written and engaging and like Horizon I became excited to unlock more answers and complete the story. I feel Prey is a well made, valiant effort by Arkane and deserves a 9/10 rather than the 7.9/10 it currently holds. I highly recommend this game if you enjoy Sci-Fi, shooters, and puzzle games. My only wish for Prey would be the inclusion of more varied weapons, primarily firearms such as an assault rifle. However even though I am a gun nut in shooters and love variety I often felt satisfied with my pistol and shotgun due to the game itself doing such a good job of keeping me engaged. Expand
  85. May 15, 2017
    Bioshock meets DeusEx in space. It is a good combination in my opinion and fair comparison. I wasn't expecting shooter and maybe that's why it didn't disappoint me. I had great fun with it and enjoyed its slower pace and atmospheric gameplay.
  86. May 15, 2017
    If I could I would go back and skip buying this. The further into the game I go (about 15 hours as of this review) the more frustrating the game gets. First off it's difficult, which normally I wouldn't complain about but in Prey (even on easy) it's a struggle to maintain everything (ammo, health, armor) and the enemies take outrageous amount of shots to kill comparatively. Even pointIf I could I would go back and skip buying this. The further into the game I go (about 15 hours as of this review) the more frustrating the game gets. First off it's difficult, which normally I wouldn't complain about but in Prey (even on easy) it's a struggle to maintain everything (ammo, health, armor) and the enemies take outrageous amount of shots to kill comparatively. Even point blank can take several shots with the shotgun to kill larger enemies. I'm now finding it necessary to just sprint past them to get to an objective. I've hardly been able to create anything in the fabricator as all my parts go to ammo and health packs. I would love to branch out some neuromod points into more useful skills, but they're limited to find and due to the aforementioned problem I can't really afford to craft them.

I'll still give it a 7 though as they did a good job of creating the feel of an older PC game, almost like Half-Life. No hand holding (well except the flashy objects and enemy "wall hack" markers) and no cut scenes. Just tossed into the game after a quick prologue and you're off. The game can be fun if you let it, just know that resource management (which I probably have just been bad at) has been the most important aspect so far.
  87. May 15, 2017
    Prey is subtle. If your idea of a great game is shooting, bashing and looting your way thru every level then it probably isn't the game for you.

However, if you like good level design, thought provoking story lines, multiple solutions to problems and a great atmosphere then welcome home. Prey is for you. It most reminds me of a slower paced Half-Life 2 although there are elements of all the other games that have been mentioned as it's influences.
    In the end it depends on what you want in a game. I can see why the people who don't like it feel taht way but to me it overcomes it's blemishes to become an outstanding game.
  88. May 14, 2017
    Prey draws you into the story fairly successfully; I personally have always prefered multiplayer/coop games, but I took a shot with prey, largely based off of it being from Bethesda, and I am very happy with it.

It is very challenging, and affords multiple ways to complete each objective, with there being no 'best' for any situation. I would definitely purchase again.
  89. May 14, 2017
    Prey is hella fun and at times overwhelming in its relative open world. You need to strategically manage inventory, suit, ammo, powers. Setting and story are intriguing, shape shifting rocks and fights can be anything from sneak one hit kills to brutal, stretched out battles. Quit whining and git good. Playing the different endings is amazing, despite minor issues with game crashes, givingPrey is hella fun and at times overwhelming in its relative open world. You need to strategically manage inventory, suit, ammo, powers. Setting and story are intriguing, shape shifting rocks and fights can be anything from sneak one hit kills to brutal, stretched out battles. Quit whining and git good. Playing the different endings is amazing, despite minor issues with game crashes, giving this a 10 to cancel out the d*ckhead zeroes. Expand
  90. May 14, 2017
    After 40 hours of playing and finishing the game, i realized that the illusion of choice that it gives you, is just that, by the end you will realize that everything you did and every choice you made, amounts to nothing as :SPOILER ALERT: the whole game is a simulation.... Really pretentious, really disappointing for such a mechanically great game, with a great setting, to just say screwAfter 40 hours of playing and finishing the game, i realized that the illusion of choice that it gives you, is just that, by the end you will realize that everything you did and every choice you made, amounts to nothing as :SPOILER ALERT: the whole game is a simulation.... Really pretentious, really disappointing for such a mechanically great game, with a great setting, to just say screw it, by the end and throw it all away for a generic twist that just wastes everybody's time Expand
  91. May 13, 2017
    Guns are useless. Chipsets are useless. Stealth is useless. Peeking is useless. Turrets are EXTREMELY useless. And every ability other than Mindjack is useless. Seriously who thought it was a good idea to be able to mind control every enemy in the game for a minute with no cooldown? And its what 2032 and turrets cannot bolt themselves in place? One sneeze and the damn thing falls over.Guns are useless. Chipsets are useless. Stealth is useless. Peeking is useless. Turrets are EXTREMELY useless. And every ability other than Mindjack is useless. Seriously who thought it was a good idea to be able to mind control every enemy in the game for a minute with no cooldown? And its what 2032 and turrets cannot bolt themselves in place? One sneeze and the damn thing falls over. Theres no reason to kill any enemies since theres no Exp system AND they respawn as soon as you hit a load screen, so its best to just skip past everything because killing the same 5 boring AIs and wasting precious ammo on your nerf guns is pointless.

Overall this game is sometimes fun, but theres not much more content that wasnt already seen in the free demo. Prey has no interaction or ingenuity that other games like Bioshock and System Shock offer. Prey feels like its trying too hard to NOT be Prey (which is about an Indian killing alien invaders in unique environments that defy gravity and physics) and instead be a cheap ripoff of the other 2 mentioned games. Classic Bethesda bugs and low quality design is to be expected on par with Failout 4.

Not worth your money or time.
  92. May 12, 2017
    Despite borrowing heavily from other games, this game still has its own dna to offer. It has a semi open world that you can explore at your own leisure. A tense atmosphere that will keep you at the edge of your seat. And a superb soundtrack that perfectly complements the experience. And there's the engaging combat that makes every encounter a serious thread. Every aspect are well putDespite borrowing heavily from other games, this game still has its own dna to offer. It has a semi open world that you can explore at your own leisure. A tense atmosphere that will keep you at the edge of your seat. And a superb soundtrack that perfectly complements the experience. And there's the engaging combat that makes every encounter a serious thread. Every aspect are well put together.

There are things that I don't like, however. Such as having you mandatorily looking for key cards for critical doors. And the last few hours were a real chore to play.

Despite the negatives, I enjoyed my time with this game and would recommend it to anyone who likes games like Deus Ex, Dishonored, Dead Space, or Bioshock.
  93. May 12, 2017
    This game is all hype. Waste of time and money. The graphics were horrible for a ps4 game. I thought the gameplay was halfway decent, the only thing decent about this game
  94. May 12, 2017
    This game, wow... seriously, don't listen to the crybaby, nitpicky reviews. This is the best thing since Bioshock or System Shock 2. I loved every minute I put into this game so far! Yes, it's not perfect, but it's really good at being what it is. It borrows from Half-Life, the Shock games, a little Deus Ex, a little Alien, mixes it all up and you get a nice fun experience. You can play itThis game, wow... seriously, don't listen to the crybaby, nitpicky reviews. This is the best thing since Bioshock or System Shock 2. I loved every minute I put into this game so far! Yes, it's not perfect, but it's really good at being what it is. It borrows from Half-Life, the Shock games, a little Deus Ex, a little Alien, mixes it all up and you get a nice fun experience. You can play it however you chose. It's a great game, really and truly! Expand
  95. May 12, 2017
    The game does what its supposed to do which is completely entertain. Great atmosphere, graphics, and sound effects. I don't understand the negative reviews.
  96. May 11, 2017
    The demo was great - it saved me from spending money on this piece of garbage. It reminds me of a game created for a high school project, with its outdated graphics, bland enemies and feeble, unoriginal story. Do yourself a favour and play the demo before spending any money on this.
  97. May 11, 2017
    You'd be doing yourself a huge disservice by not playing this game. This is a masterpiece and how it's getting weak reviews by some critics and reviewers proves that the gaming industry is becoming increasingly dumbed down.

This is not your casual shooter - this is a sci-fi horror exploration RPG with shooter elements that combined work almost flawlessly. I understand that the game is not perfect and there have been some bugs (including game breaking bugs), but these are extremely rare. I also understand that the guns aren't anything special, but combined with the unique spells, environment and music, it all works very, very well. What I'm incredibly excited for is the sequel to this game - if they can pull off the same great story and gameplay mechanics but just include more of everything (more guns, more spells, more NPCs, more exploration and more enemy variety) then that game will truly be a 10. As it stands, this game is sitting at a 9.5 for me. Oh, and PC is the only way to play this game. 60fps using mouse and keyboard are a dream.
  98. May 11, 2017
    Non ho mai dato la minima chance a questo gioco fino a quando ho provato la demo... Beh sono restato letteralmente stregato dal gioco, profondo come pochi, complesso, difficile e tecnicamente eccelso; la qualità del level design delle ambientazioni mi ricorda molto quella di Dark Souls, altro titolo che amo, che il quale condivide, secondo il mio parere, anche la tensione incredibileNon ho mai dato la minima chance a questo gioco fino a quando ho provato la demo... Beh sono restato letteralmente stregato dal gioco, profondo come pochi, complesso, difficile e tecnicamente eccelso; la qualità del level design delle ambientazioni mi ricorda molto quella di Dark Souls, altro titolo che amo, che il quale condivide, secondo il mio parere, anche la tensione incredibile durante le fasi esplorative dove aspetti la morte dietro ogni angolo... o ogni tazza. Expand
  99. May 11, 2017
    Bad graphics, a lot of game breaking bugs, problems with sounds, all the enemies looks the same (bullet sponged black blobs – designed by 10 years old kid?). This game is worst disappointment than Mass Effect Andromeda. It's a crap, don't buy it!
  100. May 11, 2017
    tl;dr: Its deus ex with a dishonored art flair

There is nothing prey does that has not been done by other games a million times before. But after the recent crap that has come out trying to be "inovative" its a breath of fresh air. Seriously, most fans of games say "i really liked that game, I would like more of that in the sequel/spin off" to which studios answer "lol no, were gonna
    tl;dr: Its deus ex with a dishonored art flair

Seriously, most fans of games say "i really liked that game, I would like more of that in the sequel/spin off" to which studios answer "lol no, were gonna do this inovative thing and circle jerk over the results"

Prey sticks to a very tried and true set of concepts and mechanics and the result is nowhere near a game of the year, and im sure critics wont drool on it, but as a guy who likes a decent game that has some playability to it, im reall liking it.

there are some negatives however. The story is thin as hell and heavily relies on the backstory to prop it up. The enemies are bland and when you encounter them the screen goes hazy-ish (yes I understand the reason for this, its still annoying). Moat of the characters you actually interact with are uninteresting while the characters in the audiologs are the interesting ones...very odd... and the station on the whole is a little small for my tastes.

all in all i give it an 8.
  101. May 5, 2017
    Game runs smooth as butter on PC. Even on mid end hardware. Rating it a 10 to average out the 0's
    My actual score would be a 9.
    My actual score would be a 9.

Arkane nails the atmosphere here. If you are looking for a creepy yet interesting environment you will enjoy prey. The game, especially on harder difficulty focuses on the survival aspects, you'll need to search every nook and cranny for items and crafting materials to progress. Enemy variety does seem a little low. But the game still manages to keep you on edge with it's great sound design. You can hear every creak and spew of steam in the ominous space station as you explore.

The game has a progression system. You can upgrade abilities via skill points as well as upgrade weapons and other things.

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jul 7, 2017
    This is one of the cleverest games we’ve ever played. It constantly wows with many multiple solutions to almost every problem. If you have a talent for thinking outside the box, chances are Arkane is three steps ahead and ready to accommodate your lunacy. [July 2017, p66]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jun 24, 2017
    While not the masterpiece it could have been, this imaginative, immersive sim provides an impressive, dense sandbox with plenty of exciting toys to play with. [July 2016, p.93]
  3. Games Master UK
    Jun 22, 2017
    Harsh difficulty mars an otherwise engrossing sci-fi journey in a fascinating setting. [July 2017, p.76]