6.1

1. Jul 7, 2016
    As somebody who loves dinosaurs, and was around to see the original Primal Carnage develop and grow, I am utterly disappointed. Not because the game is bad, not because I didn't enjoy it when I first played it, but because there are absolutely NO dedicated servers, you cannot play any match without other players teleporting across the screen, your hits missing, and you dying from hits youAs somebody who loves dinosaurs, and was around to see the original Primal Carnage develop and grow, I am utterly disappointed. Not because the game is bad, not because I didn't enjoy it when I first played it, but because there are absolutely NO dedicated servers, you cannot play any match without other players teleporting across the screen, your hits missing, and you dying from hits you can't even see a lot. This is game breaking, and honestly trashes what could vbe an amazing game. I can't even pull my PS4 close to the router to get a better connection, that's how bad the server system is. Until this game receives a better way to play, it's a crippled online shooter, and deserves no good reviews for it. Sorry to say, because I love dinosaurs and dinosaur video games, but I am totally and utterly stunned nobody thought that "Hey, maybe our server system might get in the way of gameplay."

I'm giving this game 2 stars only because it is a good game, when your connection is also good. Some matches I've played were quite enjoyable, however most of the time they are not. Do not buy this game unless something changes in how it's games are set up.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 23, 2016
    A flimsy-feeling team shooter that squanders an appealing premise in a mess of poor controls and design. This is one set of dinosaurs that should be put to rest. [Jan 2016, p.91]
  2. Dec 15, 2015
    Primal Carnage: Extinction feels like a great concept which has just not had enough "shine" put into the end product. Basic menus and average production values could be forgiven if the gameplay was killer, but dinosaurs deserve to be more badass and exciting than this. So while there is some dino fun to be had here, this is a game that will likely be left on the virtual shelf and left to turn extinct.
  3. Dec 12, 2015
    Over and over, you think: people fighting dinosaurs! Awesome, right?! Then you come back to the reality of Primal Carnage: Extinction and kind of wish it was just an idea, because in your head it’s all shadowy, mist-filled jungles, stealthy dinosaurs, and soldiers with high-tech equipment and copious amounts of dread, waiting to kill or be killed. Suddenly the raptor’s head clips awkwardly through the tree and you remember where you are what you’re doing: playing a pretty mediocre video game version of a great idea.