7.2

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Sep 15, 2015
    i was big fan of PEs 2004,2005,2006. but from that time ps3 come out I was disapointed every year when pes come out on ps3. so I was forced to buy fifa for they were much better from the time ps3 come out. Nw I have ps4 and finally pes is back. im so happy for that. Ladies and gentlemen now is time for PES
  2. Sep 15, 2015
    Best football game of all time, the fox engine makes it stunning. And the gameplay is so much better than pes 15. Also the impact engine is great looks like real football 10/10
  3. Sep 15, 2015
    PES has huge improvements comparing to fifa 16 demo which fifa not showing any improving or changes only some fixes and adding woman teams I consider as add on not new game
    really this year I am on PES side
  4. Sep 15, 2015
    Congratulations konami pes 16 best football game ever made bk to the ps2 days finally .Fifa has no chance this year am afraid .Played fifa for a while so arcadey ,pes on other hand real football .
  5. Sep 15, 2015
    The king is back!

The king is back!

As a long time PES player since the Psone, i have to say that PES is back from the ashes. The gameplay remembers the PS2 games where control was superb. Ronaldo plays like Ronaldo, Messi plays like Messi and many others have lots of animations that resembles the real ones (body movement, dribble style, shots etc). The Master league is different with a few nice additions but the UI is still ugly, i think they nedd to fix that in 2017.

Overall is the best football game of the last years with great gameplay. Im returning to PES after playing FIFA for the last 3 years.

I would give it a 9/10 but since there are people giving it a 0 ( the game is more closer to a 10 than even a 5) i give it a 10.
  6. Sep 15, 2015
    I am not a fanboy of FIFA or PES, I used to play FIFA 12 and 14 on my PS3 and I was really happy with them at the time but I gave PES 2015 a try and then PES 2016 demo this year and I was really hooked. After playing the demo for a while I couldn't resist anymore and bought the full game, I also played the FIFA 16 demo, comparing two demos buying PES was a no-brainer, FIFA has all theI am not a fanboy of FIFA or PES, I used to play FIFA 12 and 14 on my PS3 and I was really happy with them at the time but I gave PES 2015 a try and then PES 2016 demo this year and I was really hooked. After playing the demo for a while I couldn't resist anymore and bought the full game, I also played the FIFA 16 demo, comparing two demos buying PES was a no-brainer, FIFA has all the licences and blah-blah but inside the pitch, PES is king! PES 2016 has the ability to import custom Kit files so in a couple of weeks you can enjoy all teams like it is fully licensed!

I must tell, I have never enjoyed a sports game this much, even playing with CPU is great and full of surprises and two matches never play and feel the same. I keep playing different teams just to discover how different players do magic and I am not a bit disappointed!

I am gonna play PES for a long time to come, either with friends or with AI, if you haven't tried it yet, just do yourself a favor and grab the demo, you won't regret it! See you soon in online games!
  7. Sep 22, 2015
    This is best football game ever . this game is the best game of the series franchise and is certainly much better than fifa. Improvements to the game (quality of defending, game speed & ...) is very well done and very high quality score.
  8. Sep 22, 2015
    Last year's game was good but this one is great not perfect but hey no game is perfect and the most exciting thing is its got a lot of potential to be even far better so pes future is looking very bright. I would give it a 9 but some seem to think this game is a 0 lol ridiculous
  9. Sep 22, 2015
    PES 2016 is the game KONAMI promised all of us since year 2013, at last all they have made a game that is totally awesome and made me feel exited for playing a match. The only thing i can say is: KONAMI, You own the pitch!
  10. Sep 23, 2015
    Best Pes ever .Just needs more stadiums and more goal keeper animations, Please everyone should atleast give it a try.Great tactical feeling with the new collision engine makes it more realistic.Even all the players run different and they say fifa uses motion technology,also the offline career mode is also improved. So everyone just give it a try please.
  11. Sep 22, 2015
    PES 2016 is by far the most realistic representation of footy to date.

PES 2016 is by far the most realistic representation of footy to date.

I decided to write a review after reading some of the ridiculous reasons some users have given this game negative scores. It is very simple, if you feel like the slide tackling is over powered or that the game is simple, UP THE DIFFICULTY!!! This game is not for Fifa fan boys, it represents the tactical nature of the game very accurately in my opinion.

Pros:

- On higher difficulties opponent AI closes space and presses (depending on the tactics they choose) wonderfully.

- Fluid gameplay

- Finally some injuries

- Amazing animations and accurate depictions of elite players (not like those weird alien looking robots over at Fifa)

- Excellent physicality and jostling in long ball situations (first game to attempt to represent this aspect of the game

Cons

- As usual licenses, but again, not Konami's fault (EA is a market giant and bosses licenses)

- Lack of boots and stadiums (no excuse for this one)

All in all this game best represents the true nature of footy as it exists today and blows Fifa out of the water in every aspect other than licenses. If you like footy soccer etc... BUY THIS GAME!!!
  12. Sep 23, 2015
    Best gameplay with advanced collision engine which makes the game more physical. But needs more goal celebration and more stadiums. Really feels boring playing with the same stadiums over and over again and also good commentary.
  13. Sep 25, 2015
    Pes 2016 is one of the best sports game of the last 5 years and definitely....the best pes game since ps2. Its a new ERA.
    Dozens of improvements on gameplay. Better this year in gameplay (and thats all matters in a soccer game) than FIFA.
  14. Sep 23, 2015
    I was the first person to bash PES when they were bad. I boycotted them for three years during PES 12,13,14 and switched to FIFA. I've played at least 2000 games on FIFA in those years and not once was I completely satisfied with the game but it was a better game than PES. When PES released the first game on the new PS4 last year I gave it a shot and haven't looked back.

PES 2016 is

PES 2016 is even better! THE KING IS BACK!!!!
  15. Sep 30, 2015
    Playing full manual in PES 2016 is such an enjoyable experience. With some fixes this game can the best football ever made.............................
  16. Oct 1, 2015
    The PES/WE series has been a huge disappointment in the previous generation of consoles where EA Sports left Konami stuck in the early 2000's. Pro Evo Soccer '16 is a game changer. Players didn't mind the lack of licensing in the PS2 era because the gameplay was much more realistic compared to FIFA, now it's back making true supporters of the beautiful game (not casual videogamers whoThe PES/WE series has been a huge disappointment in the previous generation of consoles where EA Sports left Konami stuck in the early 2000's. Pro Evo Soccer '16 is a game changer. Players didn't mind the lack of licensing in the PS2 era because the gameplay was much more realistic compared to FIFA, now it's back making true supporters of the beautiful game (not casual videogamers who don't follow football) enjoy a more free-flowing experience with better animations for one-on-one play, a collision system, and player reactions in the course of a game. Expand
  17. Oct 3, 2015
    I've been playing FIFA since 2009, but after so many good reviews I decided to give a new chance do PES. And I'm glad I did!

The series is better than ever now, with great and thrilling gameplay, gorgeous graphics and a good variety of game modes! Bravo, Konami.
  18. Sep 24, 2015
    The greatest football game ever made.
    Words aren't needed, just play and enjoy the blissfulness of the best representation of football.
    Going back to FIFA it makes it feel like FIFA is the furthest thing from a football. I'm disgusted at how little retailers were stocking this game and when they were it wasn't on the shelf! FIFA is like cancer, it's everywhere and it's destroying the
    The greatest football game ever made.
    FIFA is like cancer, it's everywhere and it's destroying the integrity of the game.
    PES is more like Marijuana, the best plant resource to man kind but yet, it's not in the spotlight it deserves.
  19. Sep 25, 2015
    Best football sim I have ever played. So many modes. Great AI when playing against the com or even the players you are not controlling when playing normally. Become a legend is great this year. My club is ok too. Stunning graphics and individualized gameplay for each player. Top notch commentary. PES ftw.
  20. Sep 24, 2015
    The game leverages last year's solid foundation to improve gameplay even further. Player animations and control are fine tuned and increased variations on movement and reaction make the game feel closer to perfect than ever before. The most notable improvements are noticed when playing 1vs1 or 2vs2 on the same machine as the emotion and back and forth of a football game are genuinely recreated.
  21. Sep 27, 2015
    Almost perfect...just need a licence to become greatest game ...yeahh...keep it up konami... 2017.....nice...nice...nice....nice...nice....nice...nice.
  22. Sep 28, 2015
    Every games have be enjoy... This PES is absolutely addict, not is a perfect game but, is too better than rival (FIFA) a game too slow and bored. I think that every people that want play a real football game should choose PES2016
  23. Sep 28, 2015
    Anyone who is looking for the best playing football game this year, look no further! It's taken Konami a long time to get back in this fight, but this year they didn't just get back in the fight they knocked the opponent clean out. PES this year is very polished, running on the fox engine, the gameplay is slick & smooth, visually it looks fantastic, animations are expressive and notAnyone who is looking for the best playing football game this year, look no further! It's taken Konami a long time to get back in this fight, but this year they didn't just get back in the fight they knocked the opponent clean out. PES this year is very polished, running on the fox engine, the gameplay is slick & smooth, visually it looks fantastic, animations are expressive and not static. Licensing is no longer an issue for PS4 owners at least, yeah it takes some time to change team, Stadium & Manager names took me a few hours to update everything ( the work the community have done for the updates is simply outstanding) but it was easily worth that time.

I have bought Fifa since 2007 and every year it got better and better, this year that is not the case. Very little improvements this year.
  24. Nov 11, 2015
    Hey, Fifa fan boys, stop reducing our PES user score here. You can't just accepted that you lost this time. PES is here, best gameplay experience, stunning visuals, improved commentary. PES IS EVERYTHING YOU WANT ON TO SEE ON FOOTBALL SIMULATION GAME. We will, we will ROCK YOU!!!! The Pitch is ours.
  25. Nov 2, 2015
    I really enjoyed pes 2015. This has surpassed it. Everything that worked has been kept. Everything that needed work, like offsides, too many fouls given, poor graphics and user interface have been given an overhaul and, dare I say this game is now perfect. Every aspect is brilliant and you must change tactics for different teams, formations and players and adjust on the fly.
    Greatest
    Greatest game I have ever played. I will be playing this for years and now that the teams and kits have been updated, it is even better.
    Brilliant game, enjoy.
  26. Nov 17, 2015
    Im not going as far as saying this is the best football game ever, but its easily the best I've played since the old PES 2016.

PES 2015 was also a pretty solid game, and in terms of gameplay was already the best game of the current generation. PES 2016 is even better in that aspect. The gameplay is more fluid, and you get that old feeling you have full control of what is happening on the pitch.

For someone who love tactics, there is no football game that is better in that aspect. The customization options is pretty amazing. The best feature is fluid formation, that let you create two differente approachs when you are with or without the ball.

While FIFA series is fasting moving torwards the arcade territory, PES is really a football simulator. Playing PES 2016 I remembered what a good football game is about. Its not emulating tv presentation, or online game modes where you buy or sell players. Football game is about gameplay.

In terms of gameplay there is one problem: while in PES 2015 the referee was way too rash, here is too lenient.

Graphics received a huge improvement from the last entry, and the Fox Engine can produce here more realistic models and kits textures than EA's Ignite engine. In FIFA the players look like wax models, and the kits look plastic, but the pitch, stadium and crowd are still behind EA's game.

Master League is improved in terms of presentation and now after each month you receive detailed stats about your team.

PES series always lacked the mamoth lincenses of FIFA, but now PS4 players can add kits and badges to unlicensed teams. There are more stadiums available, and now you can even use licensed stadiums as the home for any team. Thats a big improvement, since in PES 2015 we were basically stucked with 4 generic stadiums, and two of them had that South American feel, so if you were playing Master League with a english team, for example, you were basically playing every season game in the same stadium. Now Liverpool's new home might be Allianz Arena.

My Team is a poor attemp to emulate the FUT, so if the major FIFA's for you is FUT, you won't be happy with PES. The mode feels too restrictive with RPG elements and you can't even change your team's tactics, instead you must hire a manager that uses specific tactics that can't be change. If you manager to build a decent squad, you must hire a manager with a specific level, otherwise your team chemistry will drop to 1, and that means you are going to lose every match you play.

Konami servers are still far from stable, so its not uncommon experiecing delay that makes the game unplayable.

Despite not being the perfect football game, PES 2016 renewed my desire to play a football game again. Instead of get pissed, even during my defeats I still enjoyed playing this game. This football for you.
  27. Nov 15, 2015
    Well i like this better than fifa games playability wise thats wat matters anyway but the music tracks and commenarty are rubbish i have the music off and the volume down low lol but overall a great footie game ;p
  28. Oct 6, 2015
    PROS
    Fluid, organic and responsive game-play.
    Game-play feels non-scripted and so many different scenarios can occur giving user satisfaction. Editing available to import authentic strips, emblems & competition logos, although I was not expecting so much manual input into this process. Improved commentary. Graphics upgraded. Some of the scanned faces look amazingly realistic i.e
    PROS
    Fluid, organic and responsive game-play.
    Improved commentary.
    Graphics upgraded. Some of the scanned faces look amazingly realistic i.e Pogba, Neymar, Tevez
    Champions League presentation is great.
    Master League more user friendly.

CONS
    Poor goalkeeping stands out.
    User Interfaces / Menus still behind the times.
    MyClub is a poor mans FIFA Ultimate team.
    Squad rosters are out of date - A massive oversight by Konami & should have been advised.
    Game Plan editing is a convoluted process.
    Online play is not up to scratch almost unplayable.

Will I still be playing it in 6 months? Probably with the time it takes to be editing and importing of images.

Still a lot of work to be done but a big step in the right direction. PES 2017-2020 will be an interesting time ahead.
  29. Sep 24, 2015
    PES is back ! it features amazing football, smooth tactical gameplay, and amazing graphics thanks to FOX Engine.. everyone is comparing PES 16 to FIFA 16.. Well, we all can see that PES got a great improvement
    FIFA on the other side is still pretty much the same, If PES continues to improve like this..
    Then, by the year 2018/19 it will rule the game again !
  30. Sep 23, 2015
    I'ts amazing game fluid and beautifull, but KONAMI need to make the best goalkeepers and take care of your post sales support (This is still poor).

Game ( Score 10 )
    Konami ( No Score ).
  31. Sep 24, 2015
    Most want to know PES or Fifa. PES 16 hands down is the game this year. I am a longtime Fifa player and although I enjoy all the licensed content as well as FUT it still doesn't stack up. Fifa has continued to release the same game year in and out with only small improvements along the way. PES 16 was a breath of fresh air to footy sims and if your looking for something truly differentMost want to know PES or Fifa. PES 16 hands down is the game this year. I am a longtime Fifa player and although I enjoy all the licensed content as well as FUT it still doesn't stack up. Fifa has continued to release the same game year in and out with only small improvements along the way. PES 16 was a breath of fresh air to footy sims and if your looking for something truly different you have to check it out. Plus there are a number of PES community sites that you can get the authentic kits, leagues, players. Don't be swayed by the fact it takes a little more work than opening the box and playing it's more than worth your time in the end. Expand
  32. Sep 25, 2015
    Pes 2016 is a big improvement over 2015 in every way possible. My cons are goalies are suspect and refs dont call many fouls.My pros are passing shoot dribling all improved to make it look real.My other prolbem is my club when konami put microtransactions in the mode now you cant buy any player you want so its all down to luck on which players you get.
  33. Oct 9, 2015
    I was big on PES back in the PS2 days but then Konami lost their way during the PS3 era. I've had to get on with FIFA for the past few years and although Ultimate Team is good fun the short and simple with FIFA is that gameplay is repetitive & in the last few years EA have coasted with no major noticeable improvements in gameplay.

However, I played PES 15 last year on the PS4 and it was

However, I played PES 15 last year on the PS4 and it was definitely a step in the right direction. I've now had PES 16 for the best part of 2 weeks and it's a brilliant game. The gameplay is miles better than FIFA and that's surely the biggest selling point for true players - not just having fully licensed leagues & kits. I've added an option file now which means I now have a fully licensed Barclays Premier League & Skybet Championship with full kits - doing this was straight forward and didn't take that long.

Back to the gameplay - the cons first. Keepers are still a problem, making some simple mistakes that are infuriating, although you could say this adds to the realism. The refs let a lot go and are very lenient. Jim Beglins commentary is painful, although Peter Drury is quite lively. The top level of difficulty is also not that hard after a while.
    Pros - excellent gameplay, scoring is very satisfying and rarely ever similar - all kinds of goals can be scored. The game is more tactical, when you play the top teams they keep possession for fun and the empthasis is on keeping your teams shape, players in position etc and then breaking at pace when you win the ball back. Setting up your team to combat the opposition is important and this adds to the realism. Graphics are much improved. Master League is also much improved - although after a few seasons I noticed it was quite easy to sign the top players if you have the money. I have Messi, James, Bale, Depay, Morata & Koke in my line up - dreamy but slightly takes away from the realism. Fully licensed UEFA Champions League, Europa League & Super Cup. Good soundtrack. A large number of the top players also move nearly identically to their real life counterparts.

The fact this has an average score of 7.2 is a joke and I would guess that this is sad FIFA fan boys with nothing better to do. This is a brilliant game but isn't perfect, hence my 9/10 rating. It is clearly the winner this year in the annual football battle - long may it continue.

Remember - kids play FIFA, PES is for the true football fans.
  34. Oct 10, 2015
    10/10 like Skyrim with soccer

The graphics were made with Fox Engine
    The game play is amazingly smooth
    The through balls are amazing
    It may not have licensed teams, but I got used to it
    The celebrations are more fluid than it's competitor
    I'm sorry FIFA fans, but this has got to be the best soccer game this year
    It seems PES is shaping up to be like NBA 2k which is better than Live
  35. Oct 26, 2015
    every things awesome except the referee !!!
    i hope to fix this issue in the next patch ................................................................
  36. Nov 10, 2015
    Not sure how this isn't the highest rated football game ever. It's certainly the best of my lifetime and I've bought both Fifa and Pes every year since Fifa 98 and ISS. The detail gone into each teams tactical style and individual attributes are incredible. It's taken football simulation to a new level, each opponent feels different and harder to break down than others and you'll also beNot sure how this isn't the highest rated football game ever. It's certainly the best of my lifetime and I've bought both Fifa and Pes every year since Fifa 98 and ISS. The detail gone into each teams tactical style and individual attributes are incredible. It's taken football simulation to a new level, each opponent feels different and harder to break down than others and you'll also be more exposed against some teams than others. After playing Fifa 16, it really makes you appreciate Pes this year and I've finally not caved into Fifa after 17 years. Yes, it is that good. The kits and licensing is going to be a problem to some, but the community have done an amazing job at fixing this with an option file. The only mark off is that it would be nice to have the presentation that Fifa has, but as far as gameplay goes this is the benchmark all football games need to follow. Expand
  37. Jan 27, 2016
    dont be put off by the lack of licencing - it can be fixed in minutes ;-) beautiful graphics and seamless game play. simply the best football game to be developed to date, period.
  38. Jan 9, 2016
    The last game in this series I enjoyed "to the max" was Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on Playstation 2. When the series made the jump to the 7th generation of video games, it appeared to have fallen from grace, while FIFA just done something completely right, all of a sudden. I go for the football game that I enjoy the most each year, I don't have an allegiance and I enjoy whatever game clicks toThe last game in this series I enjoyed "to the max" was Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on Playstation 2. When the series made the jump to the 7th generation of video games, it appeared to have fallen from grace, while FIFA just done something completely right, all of a sudden. I go for the football game that I enjoy the most each year, I don't have an allegiance and I enjoy whatever game clicks to me.

PES 6 was where the series just got it right. It was just, near-perfection.

For me, though, between 2007 and 2013, the games just fell flat on their back side. I got my first bitter taste of the series when I played PES 2008. It was just not as good as PES 6 was and since I no longer had my PS2, I didn't really have a good football game to enjoy.

I just bought FIFA 08 out of impulse and I loved it. It was such an improvement over the last 3-4 FIFA games, and I have bought every FIFA game since, I even have FIFA 16 and it is brilliant, still.

During these times, I did still try out every PES game that was released, just to see if it was any better.

While they were..... okay.... they weren't as enjoyable as they used to be for me. PES 2009 was an improvement from 2008 but I believed it still had a long way to go.

When PES 2016 was announced, nothing really grabbed my attention until I heard that you could, once again, customize your kits/leagues/emblems, etc. on PS4. (I know it's an obviously permanent feature on PC but I'm in no position in my life to always play my PC. I take my console(s) everywhere I go).

This alone sparked my interest, because it was the first feature I was introduced to with PES 3, and it is my most favourite feature of the series between PES 3 and PES 6. As I write this review, I have PES 2016 in my PS4 library, and I absolutely love it. While I do love FIFA 16 for different reasons, PES 2016 is just a bit special this year, for me. I have barely played much matches due to relaxing and customizing/updating/editing everything. I love it. I can make the game look and feel how I want it to. If I want to , I can edit any league I want, I can delete one league and replace it with an entirely new, and different league. I can do anything I set my mind to in PES 2016 and that is what makes this game so different to that of it's EA counterparts.

I don't "hate" FIFA. I don't "hate" rival games, I think that's silly. I love all games for what they are and I don't hate games for not being what I want them to be. A game is what a game is.

FIFA 16 is what FIFA 16 is. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 is what Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 is. It's the football fan's football game. It has so many deep gameplay aspects and tactics. It has the beloved Master League, which is even better now with the likes of the UEFA Champions/Europa leagues embedded into it. I know it was always there with "WEFA" but having the license there just gives it some identity, for lack of a better term.

The only game mode I have not touched and probably never will is MyClub.

It's not an anti-PES, "I-prefer-Ultimate-Team" opinion - I don't like Ultimate Team that much, either - I'm just not an online gamer as much as I used to be, so I don't pay attention to it.

Enough reminiscing.

PES 2016 is, by leaps and bounds, much better. The series has seemingly came out of it's dark cave and it looks to be a strong competitor once again. And competition is damn healthy. Why? Because if you have competition, you will strive to make your game be ten times better than the supposed opposition. And that means PES can only get better from here, if the developers keep their ideas bucked up.

Personal highlight for me, and the best PES game in such a long time.

PROS
    -Faster-paced gameplay than previous instalments.
    -File Importing is back! (on PS4)
    -Commentary is much improved thanks to Peter Drury
    -Seemingly endless customization opportunities
    -Gorgeous animations
    -Official Tournament Atmosphere (UEFA CL etc.), making them actually stand out.

CONS
    -No Option File sharing, making customizing your kits/leagues/emblems a bit tedious for some.
    -It's a nit-pick, but replays are still a bit slow-paced for my liking. (probably shouldn't include this as a factor into my rating)

If there are any more Pros and Cons I missed, it's because these were all that stood out for me and I'll probably see more the more I play, I doubt there's anything remotely worse than the issues I stated, though.

Call this a rose-tinted review or whatever, but I am so happy this game is fun for me once again.

PES 2016 is brilliant, and I highly recommend anyone who has been ignoring the franchise for a while to come back and try it. I do not think you will be disappointed.
  39. Nov 11, 2015
    Not perfect, but still magnitudes better than FIFA

I've been playing PES 2016 for a while now and I've never had again the "this game is ****ing retarded, I'll quit and just delete the game" rage which I constantly felt when playing FIFA 16. Sure it has its flaws but overall it's still a much better use of your money than FIFA. The following are details pros and cons: Cons:
    Not perfect, but still magnitudes better than FIFA

Cons:

Throughballs are still a kind of ridiculous and many players would just spam through balls all the game. Tackles are extremely easy to make and almost no fouls will get called whatsoever. I've not even got one single penalty (both sides) up to now which is in sharp contrast with FIFA 16. Though to be honest I'd rather there be less fouls/cards than way too many.

The online season mode matchmaking has a huge flaw: having no option to limit your opponent's team to a similar level as yours is incredibly dumb. The whole world is just spamming Real Madrid/PSG/Bayern and playing long balls to death, and thus you can hardly enjoy your favorite team. The idea of earning more points if you win with weaker teams is a nice one but in reality it doesn't work because you mostly don't stand a chance to win at all and thus always get 0 points! Though I'd say playing with a 4-4.5 star team is still passable.

Pros:

Despite the above, it's still massively more coherent and much less frustrating than FIFA 16 where the whole game mechanics is just hopelessly broken. PES might have overdone some stuffs but it's much better than FIFA's broken ones. In FIFA you easily dribble the whole pitch at kick off yet after that your every move will be a struggle because of the incredibly frustrating passing AI and the otherworldly GKs; also every move from you towards the opponent becomes a yellow card/penalty which is nuts. I don't see the "dumb GK" issue in PES: They save about the right amount of goals AFAIK. Maybe it's because I bought the game just now and they made some patches. The only issue is corners where the GKs are basically doing nothing and they're a bit too easy to score from IMO.

The commentary is actually OK and I don't get why many people say its commentary is much worse than FIFA. IMO FIFA's commentary is bland as hell and says a lot of incredibly useless and stupid things. In PES while the commentary frequency is not as high, they at least show some proper passion and don't sound much perfunctory/stupid.

Sure the game doesn't have Bundesliga and some other licensing. But for me, I mostly follow PL and mostly play online season mode so that's not really a concern for me. National teams are always available to choose from and they should already help you plenty. Sure if you want a truly immerisve experience in the footballing world such as single player master league or "become a legend" PES is not as good as FIFA. But for those things I'd be playing Football Manager instead of these games whose focus is just not on these non-game aspects anyways. For me the only point of these games is the match engine itself, and on this one PES wins totally, hands down.
  40. Oct 9, 2015
    Finally, Pro Evo is better than Fifa again. If you prefer slick gameplay over having licensing then this is for you. I always preferred Pro Ev to Fifa back in the Ps1 & 2 days and nowhaving returning after a 10 + year break, its still my fave.

Good - The gameplay, this is what any football game is about. Ball control feels like it should; its not easy to beat a man, but then it shouldn't be should it. It also offers a decent variety in ways of scoring, from one touch passing, through balls, long shots to crosses. Graphics are good, as are most player likenesses, although some look a little cartoony. Editor can be fun making players etc. The master league is very addictive.

Bad - The worst part is the AI/difficulty levels, they just don't scale very well. Like even on anything above 'Regular' difficulty every time in the entire game close down frantically in the exact same way so every AI team has identical tactics. You can easily win 8-0 on normal but the step up is just too annoying to be fun. The passing is also annoying and relates to bad AI; its too literal, like passing straight forward will do just that, even if its directly to an opposing player, imo there should be at least a little of correction. Its the same with through balls, about two thirds of the time its never to the player you actually wanted to play in. The lack of a license for teams and competitions can be a pain, but the editor allows you to compensate a little.

Verdict - not perfect by any means but a good, addictive football game. If you have always preferred Pro Ev to Fifa, you will do so again with this. 8/10.
  41. Jan 3, 2016
    I swear I tried to have fun, but the game is simply a mess, our players are confused and stupid, not know how to rebound, run and not in 4 attacks from the opponent were 4 goals, while I get some 15 to 2 or fewer goals, this game is a cheat in normal mode and just buggy in commands, terrible waste of money
  42. Apr 15, 2016
    The game would be perfect for me, if not for goalkeepers who occasionally let the team down, and the fact that scripting is sometimes more of a factor than quality of play here. I have programming experience, so I understand the need for scripting, but the fact is, sometimes the opponent's quality of play doesn't matter as much as the various things that PES adds up to create a uniqueThe game would be perfect for me, if not for goalkeepers who occasionally let the team down, and the fact that scripting is sometimes more of a factor than quality of play here. I have programming experience, so I understand the need for scripting, but the fact is, sometimes the opponent's quality of play doesn't matter as much as the various things that PES adds up to create a unique in-game opponent. It just isn't very realistic at times, and while the randomness can be fun, it can also be a real stressfest. Negative comments aside, this game has the best outfield play that I've ever experienced in a footballing sim, and the defending is actually fun and rewarding when you get it right. Offense is fast, inventive, and merciless on the break, and scoring a quality goal is a rewarding experience. The pace really feels natural, and congrats to PES for outscoring FIFA in this department of footballing "tempo". It matters to us as players and footballers. Expand
  43. Nov 8, 2015
    Pros:

The football feel of the game,
    AMAZING graphics
    Editor mode

Cons :
    Lack of licences.
    The commentary

Verdict:
    If you lookin to get a good solid fotball / soccer game then pes 2016 is the game for you!
  44. Feb 28, 2016
    Pes 2016 is a footie game for people who actually want to play a very life like football sim. Tactics and skill are as important as the other and any fifa player who steps into pes will instantly hate it because skill moves mean nothing on this game. All the bad reviews are probably from idiots who assume all games should take a leaf out of fifa's which thankfully pro evo haven't. Awesome game!!
  45. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  46. Mar 23, 2016
    This game is really something good. You feel like you are in a real stadium playing real games. The fact that you can play UEFA Champions league is very satisfying, and makes this game better than EA Sports Fifa 16. Looking forward to play the 17th version of PES, & wondering what new features will be in it.
  47. Sep 22, 2015
    Animation, Modeling players, physical battle, physics engine, realistic graphics, artificial intelligence, human play, excellent lighting at night and in the day, master league charming and completely renovated, evolution and revolution in animations, Player ID unique, different players and teams against each other, yes ........... king is back ....
  48. Sep 22, 2015
    i dont know why some fifa players cant accept this year PES is king. it has a loooooot of exciting animations.
    you can play very tactical and game speed is very balance. this game is full of amazing goals.i love it but unfortunately pc port was awful but its nice on PS4.
  49. Sep 22, 2015
    This game represents the football n every moment u play it, its hard to see the same goal over and over again (u know where u can score those boring and not rewarding shots), if u dont want a faster game that just focus n gettin cards and play with adults get pes this year. Gameplay over licenses.
  50. Sep 22, 2015
    What a great game... PES 2015 was already pretty good but this years improvements make it the best PES ever. Gameplay, physics and graphical updates make every mode better... with addition of training mode, myclub is so interesting now, I cant stop playing.
  51. Sep 20, 2015
    the best pes game since 2006
    the game play is fantastic and animation is so real
    the best physic in football game is here
    but the commentary is nice but must have more script
    good work konami
  52. Sep 21, 2015
    Has made very good progress, but the graphics really fancy it is a little depressing
    Also online, could be better
    And could accommodate more options
    In general, it is really much better than the version of 14 and 15
  53. Sep 30, 2015
    It took me a little while to get used to the new Pro Evo but I'm so pleased I persevered, as it is an excellent football simulation! It is very challenging, but you have to play proper football, unlike FIFA's pinball-like exaggerated play! It is so satisfying to score any type of goal. Even making a last gasp saving tackle feels great! There's no scripting (like FIFA) and so you anyIt took me a little while to get used to the new Pro Evo but I'm so pleased I persevered, as it is an excellent football simulation! It is very challenging, but you have to play proper football, unlike FIFA's pinball-like exaggerated play! It is so satisfying to score any type of goal. Even making a last gasp saving tackle feels great! There's no scripting (like FIFA) and so you any results feel fair!
    Definitely the best football game since Pro Evo 6!
  54. Sep 18, 2015
    Second consecutive year where konamis offering has been better than EA's in terms of gameplay. This time round its fully polished and its clear just three years of complacency have turned the battle back to how it was in the ps2 days
  55. Sep 23, 2015
    PES 2016 literally knocked me out of my chair -- it is THAT good.

It says I have to write at least 150 words for this review. I am tempted to just write the word "SUBLIME" 150 times. I have never been this impressed with a video game on any console or computer. I had a go at the FIFA offering for this year and it bored me silly. Pretty much the only thing they have done is add the
    PES 2016 literally knocked me out of my chair -- it is THAT good.

I had a go at the FIFA offering for this year and it bored me silly. Pretty much the only thing they have done is add the women's teams, which is nice and all -- they get to use Alex Morgan's beautiful face to market the game now -- but it doesn't cover up the fact that FIFA is an inferior product. And "inferior" is putting it mildly if you have a look at PES 2016.

I'd venture to say PES 2016 is the greatest sports video game of all time. You'd really be missing out if you don't give it a go. And the Demo, impressive as it is, doesn't do the full game justice -- it plays amazingly well and the attention to detail is unparalleled.

I am still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor ... and I have yet to check out all of the games features -- they are extensive and every mode is as well-crafted and impressive as any other,

If you don't buy this game, you're pretty much an idiot who deserves the inferior FIFA product. Besides, who wants to support a corrupt, criminal organization anyway?

-30-
  56. Sep 28, 2015
    Best PES in the series. Period. This is Pro Evo 6 in currentgen state. MyClub mode is just impressive, updated and much better than in 2015, best mode ever in a soccer game.
  57. Sep 17, 2015
    Envolvente, você tem várias opções de jogabilidade, com uma trilha sonora gostosa e a jogabilidade.... a a jogabilidade é muito boa "mano" rsrsrs....
    Pra driblar as vezes basta colocar pro lado ao correr. As jogadas estão maiss reais, por exemplo ao cruzar a bola passa perto do atacante e o cabecei sai todo torno. Inteligencia Artificial melhorada, mas muito legal e varia de acordo com o momento do jogo. Aquela estória de ficar lá atras dando toquinhos pra passar o tempo não acontece sempre mais.
    Gráficos suaves e belos, muito movimento e faces quase reais.
    O myplayer está quase igual ao anterior, exceto pelo fato de os jogadores se desenvolverem ao longo do tempo, ou seja, mesmo que tenho um time ruim ele vai se desenvolver.
    Em suma, aquela coisa de PES ser um jogo mecanizado já era, hoje é fluido e com lances sempre diferentes.
  58. Sep 18, 2015
    Pro Evolution Soccer is back! Again! After bad 2014 installement and good 2015 installement, PES 2016 looks and feels much better. Series countinue stepping forward. Good job.
  59. Sep 17, 2015
    Awesome. In a word. So realistic, smooth, engrossing, and satisying. The graphics are a big improvement on 2015 (and they were great on the PS3), but the gameplay itself is even better than it's predecessor. I have played football sims/games since the Commodore 64 - and this is the greatest soccer sim I have ever played! If you really love football and understand the game on a deeper levelAwesome. In a word. So realistic, smooth, engrossing, and satisying. The graphics are a big improvement on 2015 (and they were great on the PS3), but the gameplay itself is even better than it's predecessor. I have played football sims/games since the Commodore 64 - and this is the greatest soccer sim I have ever played! If you really love football and understand the game on a deeper level - THIS is the game for you. Don't waste your time on FIFA... Expand
  60. Sep 17, 2015
    pes 16 is the best football ive ever played..the fluid football that this game plays is on another planet and the link up play 1 2 pass just reminds me of pes 6..the gfx are great the goals are stunning and the new commentary is a step up and i really enjoy it..the keepers are very good also and will come rushing out make cracking saves and sometimes follow up with a 2nd and a 3rd..if youpes 16 is the best football ive ever played..the fluid football that this game plays is on another planet and the link up play 1 2 pass just reminds me of pes 6..the gfx are great the goals are stunning and the new commentary is a step up and i really enjoy it..the keepers are very good also and will come rushing out make cracking saves and sometimes follow up with a 2nd and a 3rd..if you like the pes of old this game will rock ya world and you will be jumping up n down when you score or just miss by narrow margins..overall this game is amazing and fifa cannot compare in anyway besides maybe presentation..i give this game a 10 and next year i think if they can improve on this masterpiece ill give pes 17 a 12!! Expand
  61. Sep 17, 2015
    The best football game ever. Happy 20th birthday my king!! This is football: hearth, head and leg. Spectacural graphics, dyamic action, sublime technique
  62. Sep 19, 2015
    This is the first Pes for ages that makes me doubt nuying Fifa. The last year Pes was very good, this is awesome. but to be honest the grafics are worst than Fifa, and the squads aren´t updated, and most of the teams and players are non real... so, why I give it a 9? Because I can´t give a 10 because of that. If they improve alitlle bit Pes, will definetely beat Fifa, the control, theThis is the first Pes for ages that makes me doubt nuying Fifa. The last year Pes was very good, this is awesome. but to be honest the grafics are worst than Fifa, and the squads aren´t updated, and most of the teams and players are non real... so, why I give it a 9? Because I can´t give a 10 because of that. If they improve alitlle bit Pes, will definetely beat Fifa, the control, the emotion, each minute of gameplay... is awesome, you can enjoy as much as when you played pes 6, even better because it is in ps4. Please Konami, don't waste your time like Fifa in making money with the cards game and catch up with Fifa, because you have a really absolutely awesome game here. I return to you! To fifa I want to say a word: "Farewell" Expand
  63. Sep 24, 2015
    I've been a FIFA guy since Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on the PS2. Every year since then, PES has been well and truly awful, whilst FIFA saw gradual improvement.

This year, all that has turned around. PES2016 is a remarkable return to form from out of nowhere, and is the first game since PES6 that has actually delighted me while playing a football game. It does have flaws though - I think

It does have flaws though - I think the 'keepers need a minor fix, and the lack of licencing really hurts the immersion (but it's patched easily enough by the user, just a bit of effort required). Not only that, the menu system could have been better, but you pick it up after a while and it becomes second nature. The other drawback is the online feature, which is very convoluted (the tutorial was rocket science to me!) - it doesn't have a patch on Ultimate Team by FIFA.

FIFA remains the more polished game of the two, but PES is comfortably the better game of simulated football - by some distance.
  64. Sep 25, 2015
    Este Pes2016, esta muito divertido e gostoso de se jogar..ta com muita liberdade na jogabilidade, e esta bem fluido..eu depois de 7 anos no fifa , estou voltando a jogar Pes ..
  65. Sep 26, 2015
    just can say its Amazing . This is best football game ever and at last all they have made a game that is totally awesome
  66. Sep 18, 2015
    Pro evolution 2016 es el mejor videojuego de fútbol de los últimos años , es demasiado divertido , el gameplay ha sido mejorado mucho en comparación al pes 2015, la física del balón en la lluvia es única en su tipo, Los modos son muy completos y las gráficas son lo mejor que hay en un juego de deportes, aún le falta por mejorar algunos aspectos como el cesped y algunas animaciones, peroPro evolution 2016 es el mejor videojuego de fútbol de los últimos años , es demasiado divertido , el gameplay ha sido mejorado mucho en comparación al pes 2015, la física del balón en la lluvia es única en su tipo, Los modos son muy completos y las gráficas son lo mejor que hay en un juego de deportes, aún le falta por mejorar algunos aspectos como el cesped y algunas animaciones, pero eso se queda atrás al ser demasiado divertido , el rey ha regresado, viva el Pes !! Expand
  67. Sep 17, 2015
    You've heard all the reviews. All I can say is that I never had so much fun sucking at a soccer game. Smooth controls, great training exercises, deep customization, and just a flat-out good time. I'm no stranger to video soccer, but this is the first one that has me completely hooked. Will gladly suck again.
  68. Sep 16, 2015
    Best football game in years. Responsive, creative, and challenging at the same time. You cant go wrong with this game. As much as I liked 2015, PES 2016 is much more better in all aspects including game play, animation, and graphics.
  69. Sep 20, 2015
    A good year for virtual football. PES 2016 is a huge improvement over last years game.Deeper and in many cases graphically enhanced. Three problems though: Νo fouls, laser fast shots and last-gen away camera who makes players look like midgets, spoil but not ruin the experience. It's easier to play and master than FIFA 16, the perfect fun-time footie with friends with fast and responsiveA good year for virtual football. PES 2016 is a huge improvement over last years game.Deeper and in many cases graphically enhanced. Three problems though: Νo fouls, laser fast shots and last-gen away camera who makes players look like midgets, spoil but not ruin the experience. It's easier to play and master than FIFA 16, the perfect fun-time footie with friends with fast and responsive game play. Big plus,the also enhanced customisation, big minus, the cardboard crowds and irrelevant commentators. Konami back on track. Expand
  70. Nov 4, 2015
    PROs:
    Great animations
    Convincing build up play Enjoyable offline play against AI. PES series are doing alot of things right. Their procedural animation system is getting more fluid and varied by each year. Team management is getting innovative and practical by each year. The AI is very intelligent to play against, it uses very nice build up play and tricks to get through.
    PROs:
    Great animations
    Convincing build up play
    Enjoyable offline play against AI.

PES series are doing alot of things right.

Team management is getting innovative and practical by each year.

CONs:
    Bad defence design overall.
    Team mate pressure is arificially nerfed
    Not enough "counter measures" against sloppy plays, spammers and network latency.

The game, simply can not prevent brute force gameplay tactics and does not even let you counter act the dirty deeds of the opposing losing team even if you anticipate everyone of them.

The defense problems of this game are very obvious and it would take the devoper team only a couple of PvP matches to observe for pin point the flaws.

The real problem in Pro Evo series is NOT the developer's inability to adress and fix but their prefererence not to.

According to the PES developers, each match should be exciting for both of the players and to create that feeling , game dynamically changes success rates of both teams to create tension. It goes to such extremes that it even disables your whole defensive meeasure just to create some last minute tension.

For me , it is very frustrating seeing, my all perception, experienced defence rendered effectless as the game shamelessly try and boost the other team just because of their score disadvantage.

PES series is not and will never be mature enough for the world of competitive gameplay as long as it tries to be fun for everyone.
  71. Sep 17, 2015
    I can't stop having fun with this game.
    Every aspect of the past PES has been vastly improved.
    Even the music is very nice as well.
    Gotta give it a 10/10, It's an incredible football game.
  72. Sep 18, 2015
    The game-play is flawless; the graphics are the best in any sports game (Though some player models and likeness can look a bit off) It is probably the best soccer game I have ever played when it comes to "feel". The player AI and styles are true to the game of soccer. The obvious flaws are its restrictions in licencing and its presentation. The former is not as big a deal to me as it isThe game-play is flawless; the graphics are the best in any sports game (Though some player models and likeness can look a bit off) It is probably the best soccer game I have ever played when it comes to "feel". The player AI and styles are true to the game of soccer. The obvious flaws are its restrictions in licencing and its presentation. The former is not as big a deal to me as it is for most, as Konami is making the editing and team creating as user friendly as possible. The later is something that has to be worked on. Commentary is something that is improved but does need to be better. And the replays and overlays can use a little work. But overall this is a magnificent football game and should look to take over in the soccer game landscape starting this year. Expand
  73. Sep 18, 2015
    This game is so good it made me create an account here to review it! I have always been a Pes fan since it was called Winning Eleven on Ps1,I played all of them from 20 years,few of them were beyond rubbish (2014) but I can clearly state this is the best Pes since 2006.
    Gameplay is much more fluid then before,forget about the demo,the final game much better.
    Your mates will finally do
    Your mates will finally do what you expect them to do,they run in to the space you created,they follow the man ..it's simply amazing to see how smart is the AI.
    Weather does affect the game,when it starts raining like you were in Stoke it's time for your Peter Crouch to warm up!
    Loads of new animations,new menus,overall graphic wise it finally looks a new generation game.
    My club has new features, you can level up your players playing matches with them or using trainers to improve their skills.
    I have played few games online and even with my sh**ty connection it was so fluid looked like i was playing vs com!
    The feeling...that feeling I had when I use to play with the best pes on ps2..that feeling is back this year and is the best gift Konami has brought to us.
    Overall I would recommend it to everyone who loves real football unless your dream is to play with a second league team from Iraq or Finland or even worse you want to play with women.
    The king is back guys :)
  74. TA3
    Sep 22, 2015
    Very good gameplay with most realistic player runs and faces. Also all the teams play like real life, Master league is legendary but Become a legend could be better. Goalkeepers are not stupid but needs more animation and only lacking is the absence of top notch stadiums. Konami needs work in licensing.
  75. Sep 22, 2015
    PES 2016 smooth and very adequate gameplay, dynamics, physics, player animations and pace. Still needs some work on field grass animation. AI is very appropriate for defending and attacking. You vividly feel the game!
  76. Sep 15, 2015
    PES 2016 will be remembered forever as the best
    history of football game. This game has a spectacular physics, graphics photo realistic, dynamic weather (amending the progress of the game in a way never seen in a football game).
  77. Sep 22, 2015
    The king is back. Gameplay is awesome, mods too. The graphics, the goalkeepers and the shoots are better than FIFA 16. Licences are not good, but we can import kits and logos of Premier and Bundesliga's teams.
  78. Sep 16, 2015
    Best football game ever played last 5 years.
    I don't know if 2vs2 online is available yet, but we will see because the servers are all down for now...
  79. Sep 18, 2015
    Had to post again , cause my previous review wasn't satisfying hope this one makes the cut, OK let's start
    Pros
    The game is mindblowingly fluid, all the animations stack up well but still the gk lacks a bit animations but doesn't affect the gameplay alot Graphics is much better than pes 2015 Everything is simplified, which includes the formation, stats, modes etc Passing is the best
    Pros
    Graphics is much better than pes 2015
    Everything is simplified, which includes the formation, stats, modes etc
    Passing is the best feature in the game in my opinion
    Ai is much smarter, which makes gameplay much better
    U can import images to replicate official kits which is nice this makes up for the lack of licencing
    New gameplay cam helps u play the game better as u can see players in the flank making runs, this in return makes the game more enjoyable
    Goals Celebrations is a thing now,
    Cons
    Loss of detail in graphics during gameplay cam
    A few gk animations missing
    Players slipping alot during rain matches (looks like they are ice skating)
    Gameplay is a bit faster, which in return gives an advantage to pacey players
    Ai makes less fouls during match which is annoying
    Referee sometimes make silly mistakes

All in all the game is amazing, all the big issues are addressed but the small ones kinda exist, but no game is perfect, updates can fix the small issues, wat a way to celebrate your 20th anniversary Konami, I can say with full confidence that 'the king of back' my rating would be a 9.5 but a lot of pc gamers rate the game a 0 which is stupid from them so I give the game a 10
  80. Sep 18, 2015
    Fantastic gameplay, great visuals. Upgraded Master League and myClub.
    Once again PES showed that not only licences are matters but you need to have great gameplay first to really enjoy a football game.
  81. Sep 18, 2015
    First of let me start by saying since PES 6 on the Xbox 360, i've always been a Fifa fan & still am a huge fan.

The above makes it even more surprising to me how much I enjoy this new release. Konami have made massive improvements across the board. Pros: Terrific feel - The game is the most lifelike feeling football game i've ever played, the movement and touches feel authentic,

Pros:

Terrific feel - The game is the most lifelike feeling football game i've ever played, the movement and touches feel authentic, when scoring a goal you have to work the ball around, passing/moving players. It is a joy to play.

Improved Presentation - Not even a hardcore PES fan will disagree, FIFA has by far the better UI however that doesn't mean Konami haven't taken a huge step forward here. The menu's are more streamlined, the small cutscence's in Master League are enjoyable and the small changes to the team's coming down the tunnel etc are very nice.

Champions League - Very nice presentation i.e. if you have a match in Master League or just Exhibition

My Club - Again another mode similar to Ultimate Team which isn't as good (No auction house) but has improved over previous editions.

Cons:

Goalkeepers - I can't quite put my finger on it but something seems to be out of place with the movement of the keepers (this is what is stopping me giving the game a solid 10). They will make reasonable saves however sometimes they just seems to let the ball roll past them. Hopefully Konami can address this with a patch but even on 'Top Player' I have found myself scoring/conceding goals that just don't look right.

At the end of the day, gameplay is the most important thing and PES gets it almost perfect. No match feels the same, online/offline matches are totally different but equally enjoyable.

The game does have 1/2 things letting it down which stops it being a perfect 10 in my opinion but hopefully Konami can iron these out as time goes on.
  82. Oct 6, 2015
    Hands down the best football game I've ever played, improved on last years game which was already pretty solid. Plus The image importing feature in edit mode means we can have all the licensing via usb patches.
  83. Oct 18, 2015
    iv been a huge FIFA fan since the PS3 era up till FIFA 15, but you've gotta admit... this is closer to the real thing than FIFA. FIFA might have a slighty better matchday presentation, but This game does better where it matters most; "ön the pitch". No 2 matches end the same as there's usually an element of surprise to encounter which is one of the reasons we love footy in the first place.
  84. Nov 15, 2015
    Pro Evolutions Soccer franquise this time has recovey its magic and it's the best soccer simulator, since 10 years ago I dont feel the soccer too realistic.
  85. Sep 15, 2015
    The gameplay is the best i have ever seen in a football game like PES this year!
    Love the master league and the cut-scenes the little details in it.
    Love the master league and the cut-scenes the little details in it.
    Their is still small details here and there that could be better but for me this game is going to be the best football game out there they are focusing on the gameplay with all the nice details, lovely modes for the fans and not ultimate fantasy team like fifa with the same game year in and out only focusing on money in modes! But back to PES please try it if you havent its simply the best without any questions this year!
    Option files help with the license so thats not a problem.
  86. Sep 15, 2015
    This new PES is really impressive. The game feels just right! FIFA have a real fight now. The character customisation is awesome and the graphics are gorgeus
  87. Sep 16, 2015
    Masterpiece. Gameplay 10/10, Graphics 10/10, Sound and Commentaries 10/10. The best football game I have ever played tied with fifa world cup 98, fifa world cup 2002, and fifa world cup 2006. I have been playing fifa since 1998 until 2015. In 2015, having owned fifa 15, I traded it and switched to PES 2015 and began playing PES for the first time, which was extraordinary, and this yearMasterpiece. Gameplay 10/10, Graphics 10/10, Sound and Commentaries 10/10. The best football game I have ever played tied with fifa world cup 98, fifa world cup 2002, and fifa world cup 2006. I have been playing fifa since 1998 until 2015. In 2015, having owned fifa 15, I traded it and switched to PES 2015 and began playing PES for the first time, which was extraordinary, and this year they even took it to another level, absolutely phenomenal. Fifa, I still love your games, but they became kind of hard from the beginning and people have other things to do during the day, and I'm not gonna be buying both every year. Thank you Konami!!! Expand
  88. Sep 15, 2015
    Excellent this year. Fantastic feel on the ball and the defensive play is much more refined than Fifa. Wauw. It seems like the old PES days are back. The graphics are stunning and the crowds chant are really improved a lot.
  89. Sep 18, 2015
    PES 2016 is the best football game ever produced. Its realism is unmatched by FIFA. When it comes to football video games, there aren't any which are simulations of the beautiful game, until now.
    After a generation of frustration for fans of the series, the Pro Evo productions team are back at the top.
    The only issues discovered in the game so far where the following: - Referee can be
    The only issues discovered in the game so far where the following:
    - Referee can be too lenient.
    - Keepers perhaps come out too often, occasionally causing misunderstandings between the goalkeeper and defenders.
    - Some graphics aren't great, but the majority of cutscenes and player faces are incredible.
    Hopefully these issues can be fixed with incoming patches. Above all, the game is worth every penny. This year's game is much different to PES 2015. The user interface is similar to 2015, but a lot more user friendly. Master League has been revamped, defending has improved, the collision system is effective, and the tactical options add to the simulation. Not to mention, you can now add the authentic kits to the PS4 version. I have also noticed that the tempo of the game has been slowed down in comparison to the demo, and the Champions League is brilliantly done. Any football fan should be considering to make a purchase.
  90. Sep 17, 2015
    PES has absolutely surpassed EA's FIFA series at the top of the soccer game hierarchy. I was a long-time FIFA fan up until last year, when I finally gave PES another shot, and it blew my mind. This year it's not even close--PES 2016 has the better graphics, gameplay, features, etc. The ONLY advantage the FIFA series has is exclusive official licensing of many the various leagues and teams,PES has absolutely surpassed EA's FIFA series at the top of the soccer game hierarchy. I was a long-time FIFA fan up until last year, when I finally gave PES another shot, and it blew my mind. This year it's not even close--PES 2016 has the better graphics, gameplay, features, etc. The ONLY advantage the FIFA series has is exclusive official licensing of many the various leagues and teams, including the EPL. And in that regard, it's only a matter of time until someone comes out with a PES option file you can download to bring in all of that data to PES, as well. Ultimately, this is the best soccer game that's ever been released and is a must-have for any soccer fan. Expand
  91. Sep 15, 2015
    I used to be a FIFA player since 09, as I used to play a lot of WE in my past. If I could tell you one thing about PES 2016 is, "amazing". KONAMI, different from EA, really improved their game. The gameplay feels really smooth, and the game itself doesn't seens like a patch from the last year game, wich was bad. The Master League mode is a thousand times better than Fifa's career mode,I used to be a FIFA player since 09, as I used to play a lot of WE in my past. If I could tell you one thing about PES 2016 is, "amazing". KONAMI, different from EA, really improved their game. The gameplay feels really smooth, and the game itself doesn't seens like a patch from the last year game, wich was bad. The Master League mode is a thousand times better than Fifa's career mode, wich has been the same for a long time period. It has a lot of RPG stuffs, that make you feel progression game after game. The cutscenes are fun to watch, and despite being simple, is better than nothing.
    Shooting, dribbling, passing, everything works just fine. It is the best soccer game I've played so far. And I played a LOT of soccer games.
    My only complain is about the graphics and presentation. Fifa, somehow, seens more realist from the eye. The kits, the skin... But if you want to play a fun soccer game, with your friends, I'm sure this is your game.
  92. Sep 15, 2015
    I decided to write this review with just 1 concept in my mind, dont tell ppl that they MUST BUY nothing!
    Im a frustrated PES player from the last 5 years aprox.
    I just feel a good game when played pes 2013 (after several updates) and with lots of reserves in my soccer likeness, and then found, just a decent game on PES 2015 and again after a few updates that fixes some gameplay bugs.
    Im a frustrated PES player from the last 5 years aprox.

Im not a fan of official licences, i think that is better to see a player that pretend to be a NAMED player like CR7, Messi, Robben etc, move and feel like the real one, over see him wearing an Official Kit and moves and feel like a robot.

I just gonna limit mysefl to say that after i played my first 10 matches on PES 2016 on XBOX ONE i must say that the game is NOT PERFECT but... is ALMOST PERFECT... imho i would gave it a 9.5 but Gamespot dont give me the chance to give .5 points. So i think that im pretty Sure that Konami gonna fix the minnor issues that make this game not be PERFECT in the 1st UPDATE FIX, and im pretty sure that after that Minnor Update the game gonna deserve a 10.

Because, just imho and after played all soccer games of all franchises since 1990, including the whole Winning Eleven/PES Saga, and FIFA saga (even the 2D isometric view ones), i think that this could be the BEST SOCCER SIM GAME I EVER PLAYED ON ANY SYSTEM ON ALL THE TIME SO FAR.

I just can say to ppl reading this... just... PLAY IT AND FEEL!

Im pretty sure that you gonna be agree with me.

THE KING HAS RETURNED... LONG LIVE TO THE KING!
  93. Sep 16, 2015
  94. Oct 4, 2015
    King PES is finally back with PES 2016. Animation and physic are finally realistic, the game is very fluid and funny and in a word... Is AWESOME, happy birthday King!
  95. Sep 15, 2015
    Everyone knows that PES completely fell apart in the last generation. It's quite surprising to think that the creator of arguably the best football game of the 2000's PES 6 on PS2 could fall so heavily for the next 8-9 years. I was lucky enough to jump ship at just the right time to Fifa 09 and enjoyed many years of superior gameplay whilst the diehard pes fans continued to argue that pesEveryone knows that PES completely fell apart in the last generation. It's quite surprising to think that the creator of arguably the best football game of the 2000's PES 6 on PS2 could fall so heavily for the next 8-9 years. I was lucky enough to jump ship at just the right time to Fifa 09 and enjoyed many years of superior gameplay whilst the diehard pes fans continued to argue that pes is still king.
    The story is similar to Arsenal FC, brilliant between the years 98-04 but utterly disspointing for the next decade.

It's important to note that in FIFA 06, EA introduced a new game engine and it took about 2 years for them to get the best out of it and deliver FIFA 08 which was exactly the point at which FIFA became widely regarded as the best football game. The game engine was developed specifically for next-gen consoles in mind and was key to the success of FIFA for the next 7 years

In 2013 Konami introduced the Fox Engine to PES 2014. Although not a great game, PES 2015 saw a good leap in gameplay and many pes fans once again started to beleive that pes was once again back at the top. Now, exactly 2 years after first introducing PES built with the Fox Engine, Konami seem to have finally nailed it. The gameplay is finally a joy and absolutely fluid, and graphics are no longer previous-gen looking. Unfortunately for FIFA, they are making the same mistakes that PES made between the switch from PS2 to PS3 and that is, to not change much and expect to remain on top. This is clear in the new feature set being promoted by FIFA. Clearly if women's football is the biggest change since FIFA 15 then someone seems to have run out of ideas.

For those who have not yet made up their mind, I would strongly advise downloading the PES 2016 demo and having around 3 or 4 10 minute games with a friend.

I have not spent a penny on PES since PES 2008 but I can gladly say that the king is finally back and I won't be going back to FIFA this year.
  96. Sep 15, 2015
    Arrived in the post this morning and after sinking a few hours into master league this truly is a masterpiece, after the disappointment of fifa last yea, I am more than happy to say PES is back on top and not only that but this is hands down the best football game I have played since the early ps2 days and possibly ever!
    If you are a football/soccer fan PES is a must this year!
  97. Sep 16, 2015
    I will give this game the score rating 9, only because the dribbling animation is still slow.
    But this review is based on the demo only, not the full game as i do not have it yet.
    The tempo of the game is perfect, not too fast and not too slow. Passing is great, so is the manual passing. Advanced passing is better but still hard to master. Shooting is good, maybe a bit too good meaning
    The tempo of the game is perfect, not too fast and not too slow.
    Shooting is good, maybe a bit too good meaning it is easier to score than before.
    Manual shooting is very good, advanced shooting is extremely good. This type of shooting is slightly
    more powerful and the ball dips like the usual CR7 shots. Finesse shots are still too easy to score.
    Animations are a joy to watch, on this part of the game i used to claim that Fifa is unfortunately light years
    ahead of pes, well after reading all the experts reviews and playing the demo it is now Fifa that is clearly behind.
    Headers are a joy to watch, but there are still issues. It is a bit hard to score on them, but maybe when the full game is out and i hit the training mode for hours i might find out that it is actually good.
    Crosses reminds me of David Beckhams crosses in his prime, they are that good.
    If a skillful superstar is performing a cross he might do the backheel cross.
    The gameplay is the real star of the show, this game was made by people that really and truly understands the beauty of the game. If one of your players flair passes to a teammate, the receiving player of the ball has a quick look around to see who is open, then he continues the beautiful passing with another flair pass and so on. But this will only happen if it makes sense, that is the beauty of it.
    Everything happening in the game usually makes sense! Players constantly move around and search for open spaces, if you see them pointing to a spot never hesitate to pass it there!
    The AI is really clever this year, the passing game and goals i have conceded against the AI is fair.Team ids is presented beautifully. Teams have different styles, different tactics that acually makes a difference! In Fifa Stoke City can control the ball like Barca.
    Through balls is finally back, but in a fair and realistic way.
    The collision system was really needed in this series, now it is here and it is perfect.
    You will not see 10 chicken heads tripping and falling on top of each other like in Fifa.
    Strong and tall players will win a strength duel, but the weaker and shorter player might steal the ball back with a clever flick over him.
    Press the right stick(PS4) and your player will perform beautiful kick ups, but not in a showboating and unnecessary way. You can even use this to bring down and control a long pass, this neat touch takes me back to Zidane at his best. The defending part of the game works fine, it can be better but it is clearly better then the horrible tactical defending in Fifa. Slide tackles is incredible to watch, performing them while looking at the way your opponent eats the grass is pure class. I wish i would see a red or even a yellow card if i missed on the tackle, the refs are really blind this year. Cameroons national team in the 90s would have a field day in this game.
    The keepers are realistic, they even do things i have not seen before in a football game, they can make
    triple saves that look realistic( It looks so good it is really a jaw dropping moment)
    If a high ball is near the post they will not take any chances and box the ball out behind and above the goal. Konami really did their homework, problems with the keepers was a major issue before. Keep in mind this year adds keeper id, since i have only played the demo i can confirm that Buffon has id and Manuel Neuer too. It is a joy to watch Neuer rushing out of goal only when he knows he will get to the ball before the attacker. Speaking of id, i believe the most important feature in Pes is the player ids.
    I am so grateful that Konami included this on their games back in Pes 2013. This is what really seperates Pes and Fifa. While fIfa has maybe 1 or 2 player ids in only the major teams(Benzema in Fifa 16 looks like a bodybuilder juiced up on steroids) While Pes has at least 15 player ids on the biggest and the mid level teams. Even the small teams has many player ids. You can really tell who is who just by watching the tv screen. They run and play as their real life counterparts.
    It is so good it is kind of creepy.
    Edit mode for PS4 is suppose to be king this year, it will take us only a few hours to paste all the kits,
    when it is saved you will be set for the whole season. I can not say anything about the different modes, since i do not have the game. The online part of the game is going to be vital for Konami.
    As many Fifa players are ready to switch to pes 2016, but are not sure how solid the online servers will be?I am talking about people that are used to ultimate team, co-op and pro clubs.So only time will tell.
    But gameplay wise this is the one that we have been waiting for. It is so good that i am ready to depend on it for the next 3 years!
  98. Sep 16, 2015
    excellent game. with ps4 you can now have proper team names, kit etc. great graphics nd gameplay. fifa 16 is going to have to improve loads to warrant a purchase
  99. Sep 16, 2015
    PES 2016 is probably the best football game ever. The gameplay is fantastic and very diverse, which is of course a good thing. I still have to get used to some parts of the beautiful game, because I switched for the first time from FIFA to PES. Nevertheless it was definitely worth it. Give it a try!
  100. Sep 15, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Best game of football '' Gameplay is the same good. The graphics are beautiful. This year's champion is only jeden.PES 2016. The Return of the King. Well done KONAMI. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 2, 2016
    PES 2016 is a fantastic game that has clearly sent a message to it’s rival and all around the world that the series has made a comeback. Everything about the game has been tweaked and perfected when you compared this year’s game to it’s predecessor (PES 2015)
  2. Nov 22, 2015
    Sure, it is a game riddled with issues and raises more gripes and tantrums than a game should. But once you whittle down all the issues, bugbears and negatives, PES 2016 manages to be a wholly comprehensive footballing experience and the best available this year.
  3. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2015
    PES 2016 is a football simulation for gamers, not for football enthusiasts, because in terms of realism it falls way behind EA Sports FIFA. Pro Evo simply chose another path and doesn’t even try to convince you that what you see is an attempt to recreate the real thing. It goes back to the roots – to wonderful PES 6 – and that’s why I had so much fun with PES 2016 and fell in love with it. [11/2015, p.34]