7.3

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 13, 2016
    Best Pro Evolution Soccer, that this is my years of experience
    Excellent gameplay, Ball physics and player, an excellent, Animations of players ... , Exciting gameplay And detailed graphics , All were very well designed
    Thanks Konami
  2. Sep 13, 2016
    The best PES of the last 10 years

Pro:

- Amazing IA of teammates and rivals
    - Better Graphics
    - Player ID (Most famous players got their unique moves)
    - Online/Offline modes
    - Edition

Cons:

- Licenses, but with an OF its solved in 10 minutes

If you are a football/soccer fan, you will love this game
  3. Sep 13, 2016
    The perfect game for real football fan..fantastic, marvellous!!! PES 2017 is the better of all time after PES 6...Ehi fifa fan-boy, are you in?! bye bye!!
  4. Sep 13, 2016
    Best footy? A lot of changes of last year which makes the game stunning and absolutely brilliant! I could write a whole book about what's good so ill keep it to this. And yes this makes it the best footy available ever!
  5. Sep 13, 2016
    Only started playing about two hours ago. Disappointing that none of the teams are up to date, but that happens every year lol! Update files are already available and Live Updates start on 15/9.

Plays a lot more like 16 than the demo did. I've just started a ML so will update this review shortly.... Cons: Music is low quality / teams not up to date - El and CL are missing a host of

Cons: Music is low quality / teams not up to date - El and CL are missing a host of teams.
    Pro's: If you liked the demo / 16 you'll love it - buy it. No regrets
  6. Sep 13, 2016
    Pro evolution soccer 2017 its the best soccer game ever made.....Whoever like pes 2016....is gonna looove pes 2017 too and far more!!!!
    Amazing graphics....amazing gameplay...its just a superb sports game. Its so realistic , its like you re watching a real soccer game on tv
  7. Sep 13, 2016
    Still the best football game around, and somehow ever better than last year's edition. One for true football fan's only though. Those looking for a more arcadey version of football will still enjoy Fifa much more.
  8. Sep 13, 2016
    PES 2017 is another step in the right direction. Konami thus capitalizes further on their strong formula. While not everything is perfect, the core gameplay is really on point: a real joy for lovers of football games.
  9. Sep 13, 2016
    This game is awesome... Adaptive AI it is the game charger for sports games.
    I also love the Champions League, Argentinean, Chilean and Brazilian licenses.

Good job Konami!
  10. Sep 13, 2016
    This is best football game ever ! I played demo fifa 2017 - that is for children, but PES 2017 is for real players ! Developers made better game then PES 2016. They fixed errors of catchers.
  11. Sep 13, 2016
    Feels Extremely unrealistic, yo can score pretty much from everywhere in any situation, i scored every shot with Luis Suarez, even scoring with my back to the goal and being outside the box. The game has improved in the graphics department nonetheless, i had friends that told me that PES 2016 looked amazing, no it didn't it looked amazing, it looked really bad, period, but this PES looksFeels Extremely unrealistic, yo can score pretty much from everywhere in any situation, i scored every shot with Luis Suarez, even scoring with my back to the goal and being outside the box. The game has improved in the graphics department nonetheless, i had friends that told me that PES 2016 looked amazing, no it didn't it looked amazing, it looked really bad, period, but this PES looks way better graphically than last years. One last thing, online modes are really bad, connection wise i think, i cant point my finger at what it is, but the game feels totally different while playing online, when doing a pass, shooting, lobbing it takes a little bit more than usual and this can be really frustrating, you have to adjust your timing when playing online. If something gets changed, but i don't think so, ill update my score, for now im not that happy with my purchase. Expand
  12. Sep 21, 2016
    Pes 2017 is an amazing soccer game...pure simulation...tactic game..great gameplay....great graphics...rinnovated myclub...cpu adactive...very very great game!
  13. Sep 20, 2016
    PES 2017 is a clear evolution on the last iteration of the franchise, little changes has been made in terms of gameplay but enough to improve the experince overall so lets get to it.
    Gameplay
    In terms of gameplay is where the game really shines, adding a more realistic pace very similar to the real thing, of course you can change the speed of the game in config according to your personal feeling. The passes are a pleasure to practice and if you play with the big teams and big stars of the sport is more frecuent to see espectacular plays running smooth as you planned in your mind. Other area where the game improved is in the physical part, now feels more realistic when players stumb one on another fighting for the ball and there are some cool new animations for diferent situations in the game.
    Shooting has been refined too, now is harder to make easy curly goals like in PES 2016, this in big part thanks to the overhaul made on the goalkeepers that now are more reliable than before, making great savings in the most variable situations, of course sometimes they make some mistakes like give a rebound to the middle of the area but in real life goalkeepers do it too so in the end is something neccesary in the game otherwise everybody will be complaining the goalkeepers are too perfect and thats not very human.
    Referees are better this time, now they participate more in the game interrupting the game when fouls result of the physicality of the game, is great to see the animations in the replays showing in detail how a foul happened. The advantage feature is well applied too by the referees, and is coo to see when the play ends and the referee shows a book to the player after that, not cutting the flow of the game.
    More tactics can be done now in the middle of gameplay, changing the way our players behave during games but be careful, because if you abuse too much of one tactic the AI that has been improved for cpu will read your play and change his tactic, making every game like a chest game.
    In resume gameplay is better and even more fun now, and thats very important in a football game.
    Graphics
    The game looks great and moves at 60 fps on the PS4, the replays are gorgeous and shows all the power of the FOX Engine, is incredible to see the likeness of the most famous players like Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Pogba and so many others, but dont expect that quality on not top teams players.
    Stadiums looks great too, specially the Camp Now where you can see all the details from the exterior area to the interior, shame the same treatment did not receive all the stadiums in the game. The pitch looks good from up close but in the tv camera for gameplay the quality could be higher, the same goes for players details.
    Sound
    The soundtrack of the game is a good selection of great songs that are or were a hit not so ong time a go around the world, but the list is not very extense. In game audio is very good, and you can even hear the voice of the players, coaches and the big sounds foe the crowd or stadium audio.
    Commentarys did add some new lines but nothing that will surprise you, is an area that needs an overhaul to be in the level of what players expect, should take some lessons from NBA2K team.
    Presentation
    This area was never the strongest in the PES franchise but every year is improving a little bit and now the main menu is very clean and easy to access like his competitor. The pre game menu is not bad at all but it could take some ideas from FIFA games.
    Licenses
    This is where the game take a few steps backwards, losing the licenses of La Liga and Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana. Sure there have been made some exclusive alliances with some big teams like Barcelona that really can help the franchise but overall is a big lost. For Playstation owners this is no a big deal thanks to Option files that can make the game just as complete as you want, not the same can be said for XONE owners.
    Conclusion
    In the end PES2017 is a great and fantastic game on the pitch, that really feels like a football simulator that can show you all situations inside a game like no other, the way teams and players move is the most close you will get to the real thing. Off the pitch there are stiil a lot of things to improve like inmersion to the game and presentation. Licenses is a battle that probably will never change but thank god to Option Files.
    If you really love Football you really need to play this game.
  14. Sep 27, 2016
    Best soccer game i´ve played since i started playing this sort of games in 2014. The animations are incredible and the fluidity of the game, ball dynamics and physical game makes you feel the game like never before. Lack of licences compared to it´s main competitor is not a huge drawback as is the online experience which is the laggiest i have experienced in any game and has been so sinceBest soccer game i´ve played since i started playing this sort of games in 2014. The animations are incredible and the fluidity of the game, ball dynamics and physical game makes you feel the game like never before. Lack of licences compared to it´s main competitor is not a huge drawback as is the online experience which is the laggiest i have experienced in any game and has been so since 2014 at least, not to mention that it feels silly that is really hard to get online opponents. If it wasn´t for that it would be a resounding 10 and hopefully it will improve this year but i don´t hold high hopes for it. To sum up, perfect in every aspect but online. Expand
  15. Oct 10, 2016
    This game has almost everything a football lover may want. It gameplay is the best of the whole PES saga, even over PES 2013. Online is still an important debt. About Licenses, Because of Playstation OF its possible to have each team uniforms and club names; thanks to the community. For me 2 steps over Fifa.
  16. Sep 26, 2016
    When it comes to a one on one game, this is the best football game ever made. I don't see how their can be any argument about that. It's hard to talk about this game with talking about it's competitor or explaining when you got into each series to try and give yourself some credability, but i'll try not to.

I do feel that all those people that stuck with pes when everyone began to

I do feel that all those people that stuck with pes when everyone began to jumpship are the equivilant to those now not playing it.

What this games lacks in licenses and a fancy new career mode it makes up with gameplay. As you begin to play it for the first time you notice new ways to craft a shot that you just havent seen before, adding more strategies and moe dimensions to the game.

My only downside of it is that not enough people are playing it yet so getting an online game isnt quite as speedy as fut.

If your a true football fan you need to have this game, and i really dont see why you cant also have fifa, it's not like rpg fans would only get fallout and ignore skyrim.
  17. Sep 18, 2016
    Best football game I've ever played. Give it a chance to explore the mechanics of the different moves and playing styles you can produce in this and you will reap the rewards, and if you just want to play normally with no extra cream. It's still miles better than FIFA... And I thought that was alright!
  18. Sep 19, 2016
    This is the best pure footballing game since Sensible Soccer. However, everything that surrounds the gameplay is out of tune with just how brilliant the actual football is. MyClub is poor, the game modes are very tired at this point and need a bit of a rethink. But all that goes out the window when you just play a game of football and you get lost in the brilliance of it.

If I were

If I were Konami, next year I wouldn't touch a thing in terms of gameplay, and just spend the next 12 months overhauling everything around it. If they do, PES2018 could be the greatest football game of all time - as it stands, PES2017 is a flawed yet at it's core fantastic experience.

Judging by the FIFA demo, there's only one winner in terms of the better actual football game this year, and it's the offering from Konami. Hands down.
  19. Sep 25, 2016
    El mejor PES de todos los tiempos y lo mejor en fut hasta la fecha, gran jugabilidad, graficas , la velocidad del juego y choque entre jugadores, si te gusta el futbol vas a disfrutar cada partdo
  20. Sep 15, 2016
    Sealdawg10 Sep 15, 2016
    Sealdawg10 Sep 15, 2016
    A PES fan since PS2 days, hoping the series would return to its PES 5 glory. The King of footy games. PES first venture on PS3 meant I've just playing the FIFA series up until 2015, where the demo of PES 2016 showed glimpses of brilliance. I ended up buying both last year. Both I felt were good, but had different needs for improvement. Both solid 8/10. Very excited for this year.

So PES 2017 having played many games.

Pros:
    Goalkeepers are more intelligent, and have increased movement to the play

Addition of high profile team licenses shows what PES could do if given opportunity to tie up more teams. The individual styles of play from tactics to individual player contributions is very recognisable. Cut scene graphics for goals are stunning, though the animations for each goal are a little repetitive.

Spectacular goal scoring options have increased

Stadium atmosphere for high profile licensed teams such as Barcelona is brilliant. The anthem and home chants really add to the authenticity.

Cons
    The in play match graphics appear untouched, with pitch and crowd in need of the attention that cut scene goals graphics have received so well. Surely the greater attention should be on the in play match, not just the occasional cut scene found in a match.

The ability to score a spectacular goal has become too frequent. It leaves an arcade feel to the gameplay at times.

Short passing and shooting animations make the game feel quite awkward and unnatural at times.

Movement of players both from attacking, midfield and defence point of view still lacks the AI that represents the complexity of modern day football. It strikes me that PES is representative of a football Mach from an era in time long gone. I hate to make reference again to arcade feel again, but it does still exist.

Authenticity is always difficult without certain licenses. The team and kit updates from the community are fantastic each year, however atmospheres in stadium outside of the key licensed teams remain awful.

Sound is amazing for the high profile licenses teams. The Barca anthem and home chants are superb. However, other teams, and situations around goals and fouls are horrific each year, and this year is the same. Commentary remains detached from the game being played.

Online gameplay options are limited still.

So, overall on PES, a slight improvement on last year no doubt. It left be feeling uneasy at waiting another 12 months to improve on the mentioned Cons that can be improved on. Some of the cons us PES fans accept in regards to the licences issue, with the focus on gameplay. The difficulty PES now faces, is the brilliance of FIFA 17 demo, which has arrived to a real surprise. It's the first footy game I've played that improves on PES 5 significantly. I've found myself down tooling PES 2017, and playing game after game of FIFAs demo. That doesn't mean I will ignore PES, as FiFA demos are renown for being different to the final game. It just means PES whilst the improving, has some serious gameplay competition this year, from a series which I thought could never compete with PES returning to near greatness.

Overall score for me would be 8.5/10 for this years improvement Collapse
  21. Oct 5, 2016
    Quite simply some of the best football gameplay in YEARS, fun to play, challenging and plenty to do, had no problems online if anything I have had less lag than I had in fifa

Been a fifa player the past 5-6 years but it has grown stale since they focus on ultimate team these days so switched back and I love this game! actually playing single player again and online together. Also

Also very easy to get real kits etc only took me an hour to have the game have all real kits and badges.
  22. Sep 19, 2016
    If this game was reviewed just on gameplay it would get an 11, but as we all know presentation and variety are arguably just as important as gameplay in today's gaming climate. PES is leagues above FIFA in terms of tactical gameplay and player AI, it is legitimately no contest, but PES is also leagues behind FIFA in terms of variety and presentation. PES is a prime example as to whyIf this game was reviewed just on gameplay it would get an 11, but as we all know presentation and variety are arguably just as important as gameplay in today's gaming climate. PES is leagues above FIFA in terms of tactical gameplay and player AI, it is legitimately no contest, but PES is also leagues behind FIFA in terms of variety and presentation. PES is a prime example as to why exclusivity is just harmful to consumers. Because underneath the mediocre presentation we have the best football sim of all time that is just held back by the business side of the industry working against it. Thankfully with option files you can fix a lot of those licensing issues (in some ways the option files make it better than FIFA since you can also include the real trophies and emblems, as well as get kits more authentic.), but the menus and commentary are still very much dated. If licensing isn't an issue to you PES will get a 10, but if you need the variety and flash of the different game modes and your football game to feel like a world game than those issues will hold you back. Gameplay 11/10 presentation 5/10 graphics 8/10 Expand
  23. Oct 7, 2016
    Wow, what an epic and legendary game. Just the flow of the game is amazing and all the great stuff that you can do both offline and online. its such a massive game that is even great in soundtrack as in looks.

This is a must buy!
  24. Sep 30, 2016
    Excellent gameplay, Excellent physics collisions. Animation quality is very good, excellent ball physics. Excellent artificial intelligence. The different game variations. Much different than the players. Acceptable graphics.
    but the game low and incomplete content.
    After years of this game could go back to the days of brilliant gameplay the PlayStation 2 era. But this game is very poor
    but the game low and incomplete content.
    But this game is very poor content. The game does not snow, not sunsets. Licenses incomplete. The number of stadiums to catastrophically low. Master League has problems playing the parts. For example, the Transfer Master League.
    In general PES 2017 gameplay on the pitch and is a winner all easily FIFA behind.
    But all is lost off the pitch.
    Poor content. And small gym. Stadium sound weak. Incomplete license. This game has become a game incomplete.
    At the end to say that PES 2017 is a game with excellent gameplay. But in the face of incomplete games with low content.
  25. Oct 8, 2016
    I'll give it an 8.First of all because it's still a fun to score.Getting into the game I was glad that there was still master league.Last game I've tried was pes13 which was disappointing I preferred so much pes12 and pes09 instead.However it lacks in the variety of custom players.They don't have much uniqueness in appearance, no name is being called by the reporter when u get the ball orI'll give it an 8.First of all because it's still a fun to score.Getting into the game I was glad that there was still master league.Last game I've tried was pes13 which was disappointing I preferred so much pes12 and pes09 instead.However it lacks in the variety of custom players.They don't have much uniqueness in appearance, no name is being called by the reporter when u get the ball or scoring which is disappointing.However it's still kinda the same pes with some evolution and I like it cuz it's still fun to play.Also nice music addictive.. Imo it could if it could get some better looks at its custom players or more feelings in celebration and all these animations that came out of an older console version (hands passing throught chests and autistic movements sometimes) then I'd it give the perfect score.I'll try another version another year for these Expand
  26. Sep 19, 2016
    Love the game, my only issue is the lack of animation defensively when on the receiving end of tackles, as well as tackling...there should be a jockeying animation and a button for it as well. Referee decisions should also integrate with these animations. Tackles often affect mostly user players in a negative manner while AI seems to recover twice as fast. ML been fun so far presentationLove the game, my only issue is the lack of animation defensively when on the receiving end of tackles, as well as tackling...there should be a jockeying animation and a button for it as well. Referee decisions should also integrate with these animations. Tackles often affect mostly user players in a negative manner while AI seems to recover twice as fast. ML been fun so far presentation is also the best so far keep it up. Expand
  27. Sep 30, 2016
    Best Pro Evo since the PS2, absolutely trounces FIFA in every department other than licensing (which can now be easily solved by downloading and installing option files). Just feels like real football and not the slippery, arcadey, microtransaction-laden mess that is FIFA nowadays.
  28. Sep 29, 2016
    the Best football game
    I am playing from PES 2006 Until PES 2017
    and I love all of they
    I tried sometimes for play FIFA but really have bad gameplay
    I never don't like FIFA . it is really bad
    ONLY PES.....
  29. Oct 23, 2016
    First of all, I bought the game, spent half an hour try to upload the option file, turns out there are limitations on number of images you can upload. So, I updated the Premier league, the classics, some la liga and a bit of the rest. Not cool.
    The overall gameplay is not too bad. I am one of the few people on the planet only play against COM. Myclub is actually quite fun. You start off the difficulty from regular up to superstar so you have a taste on different levels of CPU and how it progressively gets harder. In top player, you could still beat a team overall above 80 with you team overall 68. Once it goes to superstar, the difficulty changes drastically.
    In top player or below, you can keep the ball on your team, if the COM has the ball, you can pressure it and get it back on a timely fashion. Occasionally, COM will score some ridiculously goals on you but you will be 3 or 4 goals ahead, so no one really cares.
    Once you get into superstar, **** is about the hit the fan. If you have a 70 overall agasint 65 overall on COM. Not only you would not be able to keep the ball most of the time (from 70:30 to 55:45). A lot of time, you will have zero shot on goal. The COM's defence is insane, I play procession game and once you work you way through to the box (if you try hard enough), your shots get block. Change strategy to cross, could not even cross, the ball just get blocked or the cross is getting no where or cleared.
    On your defence, well, COM will manage to keep the ball so a lot harder to win it back. And sometimes, their ridiculous goal does matter now. In a hard 0:0 game, and at 85 min mark, COM just make some crazy passes either destroy your defence and score or made some crazy consecutive volley passes into the box and followed by a crazy volley and score.
    So if you are new, and going to play masterleague where you start your own team (which is 65 overall) and going to play champion league in superstar. You will get destroyed. Like crushed. So don't. Let's face it, your players are **** low TS, all others teams in the league are like 75 overall, in superstar level, you will be destroyed (I feel worst in this than in DS 3). Go play myclub and have a feel of it. You will soon realise your 80 overall team can win 70 overall COM but once your rating is similar or lower, you will struggle.
    For those who are cheapskates like me (don't spend money on PSN or buying coins). You could still farm a bit coins in vs COM cup or normal vs COM games. As I have said, once it is in superstar, it will be a lot harder. And my coach apparently needs 68 points to extend the contract and my friend, playing in superstar with an average team will not help you that.
    And also, don't be frustrated to get a silver ball when using the top agent. I get it a lot too. Likewise, the scout, I have used 3 of 4 stars scouts, I could still end up with white ball players.
    But the good things is when you player the white balls players enough, they will grow (level up) to like 75 rating at the end. But once you have 75 white ball player, might well use the 75 silver ball, why not?
    And winning is the key, because when you lose, you get 800 BP, while if you win, you get 2300 BP. You need BP to keep your players contract.
    With become a legend in superstar level. You will realise it is now like a real football, a lot of things are out of your control but it is also up to your teammates. I play a AMF so you can make a few passes. But if you teammates are not running into space and there is not much you could do apart from passing the ball away. It is a lot harder to score or to assist. You could not run the team over by your skill which makes it quite realistic.
    Despite my early whinge about the game, it is still a fun game to play and I personally would invest months of hours to play this game. Would recommend anyone to play.
    If anyone knows how to conquer the superstar difficulty, please let me know. I could not find too many posts on the internet. Either it is too easy to beat them that no one cares, or no one dare to go to that area. So far most videos I found is someone destroying the superstar COM with their Barcelona team, using the skills in the virtual players, not much from the actual person, I am afraid.
    (Declare, do not play FIFA 17 this year, don;t flame. I am a noob on WEPES, don;t flame but help)
  30. Oct 3, 2016
    Solid football game, pure class.
    + The AI is very intelligent
    +Player ID is once again incredible +Passing is smooth, and shooting is very good +Animations are slick +Keepers are finally professionals -refereees are clearly better than last year, but they are still bad -Licenses issue dont bother me, but when Bayern is not included and not being able to manually put them in we
    Solid football game, pure class.
    + The AI is very intelligent
    +Player ID is once again incredible
    +Passing is smooth, and shooting is very good
    +Animations are slick
    +Keepers are finally professionals

-refereees are clearly better than last year, but they are still bad
    -Licenses issue dont bother me, but when Bayern is not included
    and not being able to manually put them in we notice Konami!
    -Dribbling is still bad

All in all the people that made this game truly understands football.
    Congratulations to Konami and Mr Adam Bhatti thanks bro
  31. Oct 10, 2016
    When it comes to the Football, PES 2017 just does the mechanics right..

1. very smooth and responsive movements
    2. Silk Dribbling
    3. fast paced
    4. Individual abilities on players

The movement and fluidity is what makes this a very enjoyable football game. I'd pick this over FIFA.
  32. Nov 29, 2016
    One of the best football games I have ever played. One thing who I dislike is the difficulty of the AI. I usually play on the highest but it still feel a bit easy.
    The graphics on some of the players are just outstanding. The animations are fluid and alot better from its competitor, FIFA.
    The goalkeepers are now (FINALLY) alot better this year and well done to konami for that. PES

PES 2017 offers amazing realistic gameplay. If you are a football fan, you will very much likely enjoy this game!
  33. Oct 1, 2016
    It is a fluid game.
    It is a fun game.
    I love animation.
    the great tactics.
    attack and defend it seems chess.
    the amazing gameplay.
    the ball physics moves like a ball really.
  34. Oct 13, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Odličan fudbal - pes 17 na Ps4 , desetka .

Neznam samo zasto konami svake godine zasere pes na PC , i kad ga pola igraca napljuje i ode , zbog lose veze , servera ,, hokeja umesto fudbala , odziva ...itd , onda se sete svaki dan kao nesto popravljaju i svake godine ista priča .
    A sad bi vam dao jedincu - 1 , zbog ovog menjanja gamepley sa dlc . Beta je bila losija , demo onako , igra kad izasla bila odlična al to trajalo ni mesec dana i usrali ste sa dlc , i menjacete ga jos 3,4 puta sigurno . Zasto nenapravite igru i kad izadje da to bude to za celu sezonu a ne svakih mesec dva neko eksperimentisanje.
  35. Dec 7, 2016
    I gave this game a solid 8, it's the best football game I remember to play... the animations are cool, the graphics are excellent for a football game but the best thing is the AI intelligence, they are really improved and it's quite a challenge at Superstar level, took me a little bit to move from Star to Superstar. The cons are the few songs that the game have, the online servers shouldI gave this game a solid 8, it's the best football game I remember to play... the animations are cool, the graphics are excellent for a football game but the best thing is the AI intelligence, they are really improved and it's quite a challenge at Superstar level, took me a little bit to move from Star to Superstar. The cons are the few songs that the game have, the online servers should be better and the licenses this year are the worst compared to the last years and that's why I scored this game with an 8 instead of a 9 or 10.

If you like football this game is for you!
  36. Feb 26, 2017
    Sin dudas la jugabilidad es superior que a la de un fifa de los ultimos, pero son muy pocas las novedades que traen. Hay que mejorar el multijugador, porque no da gastar 60 dolares cada año para jugar solo o con amigos. Para eso me compro los antiguos y es lo mismo.
  37. Apr 12, 2017
    A major step forwards from last year. More realistic than ever, yet it holds up a fine balance between realism and fun. Not a big fan of any of the "career" modes available. The trophies are as ridiculous as ever.
  38. May 14, 2017
    Although the PES series has been the one i have usually preferred in the soccer game series, it seems that these games aren't improving much. This game's biggest issues is poor licenses and the lack of exciting game modes, when compared to the older games of the series. My Club is very time consuming and finding an online match can take some time for an odd reason. The gameplay is veryAlthough the PES series has been the one i have usually preferred in the soccer game series, it seems that these games aren't improving much. This game's biggest issues is poor licenses and the lack of exciting game modes, when compared to the older games of the series. My Club is very time consuming and finding an online match can take some time for an odd reason. The gameplay is very precise, but sometimes teammate AI can be quite dumb and senseless. Many of these game's issues are very little, but issues with licenses can be fixed with online files that can uploaded to the game via hooking up the USB in to the PS4. If one does not want to go through the hassle of uploading these files and one wants a more authentic experience I recommend PES 2016. Expand
  39. Mar 14, 2017
    I been playing this series off and on since it was called Goal Storm back on the ps1. We've certainly seen our fair share of ups and downs with every release over the years. The best version I personally played up until now was 2009 but I think Konami have finally put it all together again in 2017. I know this because I cannot tear myself away. It's always "one more game and then I'll goI been playing this series off and on since it was called Goal Storm back on the ps1. We've certainly seen our fair share of ups and downs with every release over the years. The best version I personally played up until now was 2009 but I think Konami have finally put it all together again in 2017. I know this because I cannot tear myself away. It's always "one more game and then I'll go to bed". I haven't had this feeling since PES 2009, considered by many to be the best iteration. This year they really put it all together. Well almost. The overall package really shines.

Master League is once again very engaging and entertaining with a plenty of drama in the big games that only PES can provide. This mode is the meat of the game. Every match seems to play out differently and I've had to adjust tactics and have scored in so many numerous ways i've really lost track. Headers, Free kicks, corner kicks, one time blasts, crazy dribbles, hilarious own goals, and 35 meter bombs even! The gameplay is very organic and for the most part challenging yet rewarding. You will see your tactics play out on the field and on the surface things look very shallow. However, once you dig in the options available are astounding. You no longer need to really solely on speed. Great passers and technicians are once again able to make an impact on the field. Post players really can muscle in on the defense and provide aerial options.

That's not to say everything is perfect. On the higher difficulty levels there are still some very questionable scripted moments, but I can live with it since it keeps the big games close. It can get frustrating at times, but the big thing that really puts it all together is the greatly improved goalkeepers. Even if the AI gets a great shot on goal, what used to be an automatic goal can turn into and amazingly improbable save by your keeper. It keeps you on edge and I've had some wild games that bring me back to the golden era of PES. Simply put, the gameplay on the field is head and shoulders above the competition and the Master League sim is finally engaging again. Also improved is the defensive AI. They will actively look to block shots in the box and in general do not let in too many of those crazy through balls as in years past. When the cpu goes with a defensive strategy, it is genuinely touch to find openings on goal. All in all, game play is simply great.

The fox engine is a treat. There are some wonky collisions every once in a while but the ball physics are awesome. I love how players battle and jostle for the ball and the outcome of any play is never certain. Most players look good and the pitches are fine. Graphics are good as can be expected and the animations are fantastic. Wish there were more stadium options and some more dynamic weather too. That's just being picky though

Adding in a player salary budget has added an extra little challenge to the mix forcing you to make some tough decisions with your players. You now have a separate transfer budget and you must manage both. However, transactions are fast and smooth and bringing in loan players is very simple. You can also add an option to buy out a player, so if you like anyone on loan you can put them on salary to keep them on your team. The youth team is back as well, but unfortunately one the big negatives is the Regen players. I just had Ibrihamovic appear in my youth team a year after he retired at a 77 rating. LOL, that is dumb and I wish I could turn the feature off.

There really is only one negative I can give here and it's the lack of licenses. It is very easy to load an option file yet this really should be resolved by Konami in the future. We should not have to hassle with this and the game should be ready to go straight out of the box. Not that big of a deal and if you've played PES before you should be used to it. But it's time for Konami to pay for these licenses. That and the option to turn off the regen players would be a welcome change.

However, I have to say that not only is this game a great soccer sim, it's really up there with all the best sports games like NBA 2k and MLB the Show. Good job by Konami. PES is back baby!
  40. Nov 16, 2016
    Gameplay wise this really is the finest football sim ever made, but sadly everything else in PES 2017 is a little bit "meh", especially in terms of the presentation, and don't get me started on the ****ing commentary.

I ONLY play MyClub nowadays which has become an exercise in tedium most of the time. At the time of writing, two months after release, only 60,000 people have played a pvp match in MyClub, that may explain why whenever I do play a MyClub online match, matchmaking takes ages, and when it does find me an opponent they are usually in Spain/Portugal and have a HUGE lag advantage. Does anyone in the UK play PES???

I really wish Konami and EA would team up to make the perfect game, PES game play and everything else FIFA.
  41. Oct 22, 2016
    The king is back, and it is glorious!
    The gameplay is smoother than ever, football is real and feels genuine! In recent years, the only missing part of PES package was the lack of licenses, and with super easy Option files, that is just a part of history!
    The king is back, and it is glorious!
    If you like football, do yourself a favor, grab a copy of PES 2017 for PC or PS4, download the latest Option file and enjoy for a long time (until PES 2018 gets released)!
  42. Sep 22, 2016
    PES2017 is the game I will play for an entire year!
    The control of dynamic formation and tactics, the grip of pacing, all superb!
    It is just a football game that real fans cannot miss!
  43. Mar 11, 2017
    Este Pro Evolution Soccer esta al nivel de los anteriores vistos en Playstation 2.Este es el primer año que me quedo con el Pro en vez del Fifa.
    No tiene la ambientacion de Fifa, pero jugablemente es mucho mejor.
  44. Aug 28, 2017
    unico gioco che si avvicina alla simulazione calcistica .... Nettamente superiore come gameplay a fifa e anche graficamente è migliore , poi con una patch hai tutte le licenze e suoeri anche in questo fifa
  45. Dec 4, 2016
    muy buen juego muy buena su jugabilidad deberian de poner otros modos de juego como futbol de salon o futbol playa y tratar de recuperar las licencias perdidas
  46. Dec 7, 2016
    It has some faults but is a way better game than fifa in my opinion having played both games. The graphics look far more realistic than the fifa cartoonish graphics and the gameplay itself feels much smoother and more real than fifa. The lack of licences dont bother me as there is a option file that users can download that sorts all that out no problem. I like the fact that the oppositionIt has some faults but is a way better game than fifa in my opinion having played both games. The graphics look far more realistic than the fifa cartoonish graphics and the gameplay itself feels much smoother and more real than fifa. The lack of licences dont bother me as there is a option file that users can download that sorts all that out no problem. I like the fact that the opposition adapt to the way you play in the game, for instance u keep going down the wings the computer will adapt to that to stop it so then you have to adapt your tactics to find alternative ways through. I find the online divisions very addictive and keeps me coming back. The negatives are the lag cheats, some people who are rubbish on the game will attempt to lag cheat at times to confuse your defence and keeper and that can become very annoying but not every opponent does that just a sad minority. The other negative is the percentage of getting a black ball superstar are very low and cost 10,000gp a go and you dont make around just over 2k for every online division game you win and you have contracts to pay out of that wich seem to come around fast, so basically to get enough gps to spin agents they want you to spend money on gold coins wich is 250 gold coins a spin and I think is just over £7 for just over 1000 coins I believe so no thanks I wont by them and instead have to farm in either sim or novice cup wich is very boring. I think there should be higher rewards as you go up the divisions but it stays the same and I also think there should be more v com taurnys added to aquire good gp, as when u completed all the ones there is then u get poor rewards from them there after. Also there should be a way to get the lag cheats banned, a way that konami can see exactly what there were doing with there connection during the vital points of the game, as them lag cheats are chasing people away. Apart from them negatives, I find the game a far better experience than fifa and highly addictive, I have played it every day since the release date and will continue to till next years comes out where hopefully the few negatives I have will been sorted out by then. All in all I would recommend the game and I would say build a strong team before going intoo the divisions online as you may find them tough at 1st but once you make a team you feel happy with the results will come and practice makes perfect. Expand
  47. Feb 9, 2017
    Amazing soccer game, very fun and reallistic, the graphics are very good, etc, my only problem with this game are the same things to play, master league, become a legend, and my club is a horrible copy of ultimate team, but and giving a 9 because the gameplay is very good, much better than fifa
  48. Mar 6, 2017
    pes 17 is the best sport game in the hostory and its gameplay is perfect.
    I think that is better than fifa 17. konami suprised me with pro evolotion soccer 2017.
    thank you konami !!
  49. Nov 7, 2017
    The best football game I've played until today. Inside the 4 lines is a very interesting game for those who perceive and like football. The graphics are good, the animations and the sound as well. It loses in the licenses of the teams and others, which limits the experience. But hold on! Personally it made me feel my first experience of PES 3 on Playstation 2, I do not know what but it did.
  50. Nov 27, 2017
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 is a fairly good game, and in my opinion the best football game on the PS4 so far (I haven't played PES 2018 yet). The graphics aren't special and not as good as Fifa, but the gameplay is where Pro Evolution Soccer games were always miles ahead of the Fifa series.

But when will Konami finally fix the problem with the passing? The ball, when a pass misses the targeted player, always seems to end up straight into the feet of a player of the other team. And this problem is certainly not exclusive to the PES series, every other football game has this problem! Why can't the ball just roll to a spot somewhere in the field where there is no player around?

Also it seems to me that kicking the ball towards the goal from far away is now even more difficult than before. I loved the old Uefa Champions League games on the PS1, where you could kick the ball at the goal from halfway the field. You would not score a goal that way, but at least you could kick the ball far away and with a bit of luck the keeper of the other team pushed the ball over the back line and you got a corner kick out of it!
  51. Sep 17, 2016
    The gameplay is significantly improved from last year. Here are the differences I noticed after playing for a few days:

-the defense is much smarter than before. previously if you were marked by 2 defenders, they would both try to defend as if their teammate wasn't there and wouldn't space out to provide better coverage. it made it very easy to juke multiple defenders with one move and felt a little arcadey at times. now, the defenders seem to work together to cut off more angles and apply pressure in a strategic way so that you cannot just give the ball to ronaldo or messi and run it all the way into the goal.

-goalkeeping is much more realistic. you don't see idiotic blunders left and right like last year. the goalies pull off some amazing clutch saves, but nothing outside the realm of what's realistic. it makes scoring goals feel so much better.

-the referees actually call fouls and hand out cards. way more realistic.

-career mode has been tweaked in a positive way. transfer fees, salaries, and negotiations are more realistic. you now have the ability to select a "favorite player" once per season which sets the player on a path to becoming a club legend. it's actually a pretty cool feature and makes you feel invested in your players. the final day of the transfer window is broken into the final 15 hours, during which any activity (ie signing, renegotiating, selling, loaning) takes up varying amounts of those hours. it effectively works to put a little pressure and desperation into your last minute negotiations.

-the new tactics feature is just awesome. you can definitely notice the patterns of runs your players make in response to your offensive/defensive tactics.

-offensive and defensive AI is better for both your team and computer operated teams. the comp will take shots and make passes/dribbles etc that feel like what a real opponent would try. your teammates make smarter runs and provide better support than ever. when you're on defense, your players react to the play with good understanding. depending on a player's traits and skills, you can really feel the impact they make to the dynamics of the game. it used to be that it didn't really matter who you set as your starting 11 -- now each player feels unique and can add a special balance to the gameplay.

overall this game just feels so realistic. it's a big step up from PES 2016 which was an already fantastic game. I played a bit of the fifa 17 demo, and it just feels like garbage compared to PES 2017. FIFA players move like boats rather than agile athletes; the visuals in FIFA are far behind PES; the gameplay feels scripted rather than a natural free-flowing game. if you love soccer and appreciate the nuances of the game that make it so beautiful and creative, this is definitely the game for you.
  52. Sep 15, 2016
    Pros:
    - Excellent graphics
    : Good AI
    - Great goalkeepers
    - Good Animations

Cons:
    - Licenses, only a good Option Files it solved

You will love this PES
  53. Sep 24, 2016
    Updated Review (9/24/16)

Updated Review (9/24/16)

PES2017 offline is the absolute best footie game I've ever played outside of PES 5 + 6. Online this is absolutely criminal. The gameplay is noticeably slower than offline and you can have better camera settings. The button lag is really bad, as others have stated the lag cheaters have started to come out of the woodwork again. The fact that 4 out of every 5 matches you play RM, BM, MU, MC, Chelsea, Juve, or Barca is appalling. I'll keep it because to enjoy master league but it looks I'm going to have to go back to Fifa ONLY for an enjoyable online experience and that really really makes me sad :( I literally watched my score go from 820 all the way to 695 all because I consistently play five star teams with ultra skilled players where the imbalance is always slanted to the better team. If you all can manage team imbalance and a reward system for players who work their way up with hard work as opposed to rolling people with Barca all the time then you've got a winner on your hands for years to come. For example in online competition it should be once a team is selected that team is no longer available. This will cutback on seeing Real Madrid six times in a row and require players to use another team and then it'll balance itself out. For Online Divisions you should have a MUCH lower score if you win with a powerhouse I'd say 75-95 points max you could use a powerful team to possibly stay up in a division if you need those 75 points as opposed to relying on them the whole season. The more skilled a player is with a lesser team it should count towards their world ranking and this would alleviate a lot of this over selecting of certain teams in this and addition to an on screen selection of teams between two players before a match would do wonders. For the lag cheaters anytime a game is ended for disconnection a point a piece should be awarded or there needs to be a ban system similar to the game Overwatch.

I'd still give it an 8 on the strength of how well it plays offline but online they've got to do a little sprucing up otherwise this would be a 10. FYI I'll still keep my copy of PES because Master League is so enjoyable!
  54. Oct 6, 2016
    How I going to base this review on the actual game of football that the game plays and not all the features. Because IMO a football game should be about the football and the features are a bonus. If a game is touting it's features over it's on pitch gameplay then you have an issue, which is Fifa all over, especially the last couple of years.

I have thoroughly thrashed through about 70

I have thoroughly thrashed through about 70 games, mostly on My Clubs and mostly against online opponents because playing opponents online should be the main goal of any football game and to deliver the best experience possible. This should be the foundation of any football game because multiplayer gameplay was one of the original core elements of football games and I'm going back to the likes of Sensible Soccer and The original Fifa even the first attempt at a 3D-ish football game and one of my favorites International Soccer commodore 64 and the first PES games which if I remember were called International Star Soccer or something very like that. This is only to name but some, there are a few I could ass but for reference I'll stick to the mainly known.

Gameplay

So let's get down to it, PES 2017 is all about Gameplay Gameplay Gameplay. The more you learn about the game then the finer points come out and like any football game, it's the finer points than can make or break a game.

This game is 95% perfect when it comes to gameplay and I've had a vast experience with football games. It's the best football game I have ever played. It actually is enjoyable to play and not just a frustration fest that has become Fifa games for the last few years.

Scripting

The bane of many Fifa players :'(

Well I can report in over 50 online games of mainly My Club there was no evidence of scripting. There were some frustrating moments as any football match but all with in the realms of just user ineptness and bad luck.

"Special Match" Scripting Test :+1 There is a time in My Club that when two players of same ranking score meet each other, the game declares a special match, where 2x Credits are rewarded and it seems other items for my one game.

The Special Match that you want to win was really the test for scripting with two equal players if the game favored one over the other for some reason it would stand out, like in a Fifa game.

The short it was a very tight match with me having a slight advantage in my performance, I had more possession 60-40 and more shots at goal, my 5 to his 3. But we both had only 1 shot on target. But his one shot on target was a goal.

Now felt I had the better of the game which the other guy agreed with but to be fair a draw was the fairest result but I ended up losing.

But at least I wasn't blowing a fuse at the game robbing me. It felt a completely natural outcome. I even sent a message of congratulations to my opponent. But has the loser of the Special match, I was still awarded with double losing Credits and a Special Trainer. I can only assume as the winner you may get an even bigger prize apart from double credits.

AI & Game Modes

I lumped the AI into game modes because like Fifa there is an array of single player ones so your opponent is the AI. But unlike Fifa were playing Doncaster or Real Madrid feels the same when it comes to what the computer is trying to do. By this I mean, if you take the star players out the computer is still playing in the same game pattern and style but obviously the better individual players can pass and shoot better.

AI and teams in PES 2017 have they own styles and it's very noticeable and clearly stands out even when only playing against 4 different AI teams.

Overall Score 9/10
  55. Sep 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At this point I am happy to say that the game brings a few changes, but welcome, change. The main of them can be noted in the Master League mode now has a separate budget options for each player and the way MyClub now allows you to hire specific lookouts for each type of player to replace roulette notorious. Expand
  56. Sep 14, 2016
    I'm playing the full game here in the UK (came a day early in the post) and I'm having an absolute blast playing on Superstar difficulty now that I can set the formation exactly how I want it, which you couldn't do in the demo. Essentially, it takes last years game and fixes the little bugs (eg lack of cards for blatant fouls).
    The AI will foul you and generally the correct cards are
    The AI will foul you and generally the correct cards are given out. Mikel just got sent off for two yellows.

I also just had a penalty in successive games as Liverpool against Chelsea well, which would have been unheard of in last year's game. And I can confirm that the penalties are also better to take than last year.

If you play a lesser rated side, it is definitely easier than if you play a higher rated side. As ever in a PES game, you know when you are muscling in with Emre Can and when you are nimbly dancing about with Coutinho.

Rainy matches are different to play on, but not in a non-fun way as they were in last year's game.

The keepers make some fantastic saves but you can also score some great goals.

This game is top notch. Ignore the silly voting down by FIFA fanboys who aren't even bothering to leave a review.
  57. Sep 15, 2016
    Cada año la misma historia.... la misma jugabilidad, la misma experiencia, la misma capacidad de entretenimiento, la misma batalla por intentar superarse, y como cada año, se merece un 10.
  58. Sep 26, 2016
    The best football game so far, every style you can imagine in the pitch, you can put it in practice here, If you really love football, don't hesitate, this is your game

Note: If you are a FIFA fan worried for the lack of licences, dont be it, the game is easy to patch. A shame Konami didnt explained this with more emphasis...
  59. Sep 22, 2016
    me encanta, es futbol real, lastima por el tema de las licencia, pero ya sabemos quien se las bloquea, pero el pes es simualdor, y no aburre, futbol y puro futbol
  60. Sep 13, 2016
    I've played the Demo everyday until this game release,and that's how good pes 2017 is,As a huge 10 year football fun,I've never played any football game that is so satisfying,so polish,and so realistic in my life.I had lots of fun playing pes 6 on ps2,it has only one strong suit:fun,and it nailed with absolute fashion ! but unfortunately the franchise didn't perceive during ps3/x360 eraI've played the Demo everyday until this game release,and that's how good pes 2017 is,As a huge 10 year football fun,I've never played any football game that is so satisfying,so polish,and so realistic in my life.I had lots of fun playing pes 6 on ps2,it has only one strong suit:fun,and it nailed with absolute fashion ! but unfortunately the franchise didn't perceive during ps3/x360 era and outmatched by FIFA ,but as realistic as FIFA was,it just wasn't as fun and satisfying as pes 6 used to be,so when pes 2015 demo came out I decided to give it a try,and the old feeling of pes just coming back,the satisfaction of passing and dribbling,not just scoring,is the reason why football is so enjoyable and beautiful,and pes 2015 just starting to deliver that feeling,it made me completely hooked like pes 6 did,and it helped me to feel the game like what FIFA 15 promised but didn't achieved,and it's at that moment,I know the konami is on the right track of producing a masterpiece;I know someday this franchise will give the same feeling if not better of watching a football game on TV.I know someday the king of football game shall return.
    I just didn't expect him to be this quick.
  61. Sep 13, 2016
    Every year Konami never ceases to amaze me! Awesome game play, visuals, and overall feel has exceeded my expectations once again! No other way to enjoy this beautiful sport!
  62. Sep 14, 2016
    Improved on last years iteration with small changes:

- Graphics are better, especially the face models on players from the bigger teams in world football - Gameplay has been smoothed out, passing feels a lot sharper and shooting feels rewarding - Menu's have been spruced up a little, nothing major but its a step forward - Edit mode is farrrrrrr easier this year. 10 minutes to get all
    Improved on last years iteration with small changes:

- Menu's have been spruced up a little, nothing major but its a step forward
    - Edit mode is farrrrrrr easier this year. 10 minutes to get all the BPL, Serie A & La Liga teams sorted

Only negative I have at this stage is the game came out in America on Tuesday, I think most people expected the day 1 patch/updates to be out on Tuesday, not Thursday.

As such, none of the transfers are done currently which limits someone like myself from starting a master league etc.

Add to this the fact the servers aren't even switched on yet so you can't play online/my club, the game is missing a large chunk of its modes at the moment, which for someone in America is pretty unfair. Either release the game worldwide on the same day or have everything sorted for your earliest release day, its that simple.

Unfortunately it starts the game off on the wrong foot, Konami seem to do this a lot and make a great game but shoot themselves with stuff like this

If they get the servers online & the day 1 patch out on Thursday with all transfers sorted (don't miss some like last year) then it could well be a 10/10 game, currently i'll give it a 9 until these "issues" are resolved.
  63. Sep 22, 2016
    Very good game, I have to say for some years now I changed to FIFA but last year was poorly done by EA. This year on the other hand, PES is almost perfect, feels like old PES for the playstation 2, very quick response controls, also very very very good animations. The only thing lacking is the lack of licenses and those special details that every FIFA has. On the pitch is the best, withoutVery good game, I have to say for some years now I changed to FIFA but last year was poorly done by EA. This year on the other hand, PES is almost perfect, feels like old PES for the playstation 2, very quick response controls, also very very very good animations. The only thing lacking is the lack of licenses and those special details that every FIFA has. On the pitch is the best, without doubts. I seriously recommend you to play this game. Good job Konami. keep up the good work, make us proud. Expand
  64. Oct 14, 2016
    Some solid improvements from pes 2016 the goal keepers are amazing now the tactics are much more fun to thinker with and the editing has been greatly improved my problems with the game are the online is better then last yr but still not good enough and the master league is still missing something i dunno if its youth scouting like in fifa or if its just the regens always coming back isSome solid improvements from pes 2016 the goal keepers are amazing now the tactics are much more fun to thinker with and the editing has been greatly improved my problems with the game are the online is better then last yr but still not good enough and the master league is still missing something i dunno if its youth scouting like in fifa or if its just the regens always coming back is annoying im not the greatest fan of the slower gameplay but i understand it was just end to end and not very realistic i wanted say this is the best pes ever but if your playing a friend locally its amazing of your looking for a good online experience id go for fifa 17 Expand
  65. Nov 22, 2016
    IMO one of the best PES games although I wish the pace was a bit slower. I can see where a lot of the negative reviews coming from. I think that most of the bad reviews that speaks about scripting coming for those we jump on the game playing with the most basic controls and on high difficulty levels like superstar, that’s where the scripting is prominent. PES is about the right balanceIMO one of the best PES games although I wish the pace was a bit slower. I can see where a lot of the negative reviews coming from. I think that most of the bad reviews that speaks about scripting coming for those we jump on the game playing with the most basic controls and on high difficulty levels like superstar, that’s where the scripting is prominent. PES is about the right balance between difficulty, controls and camera.

I personally play on regular on full manual using broadcast camera, that’s where the game shines for me. With full manual players stats are still factored in. Camera also makes or breaks the game experience. I Don’t think the PES teams are doing a good job with the camera angle settings most of them are awkward and make the ball physics looks weird.
  66. Sep 15, 2016
    Very good, miles better than fifa has been in years. The gameplay is immense and actual 0-0 draws are fun to play. The dribbling, movement and passing is beyond fluid and the tactics are very deep and can actually impact matches.
  67. ZiP
    Sep 14, 2016
    best simulator ever; this game doesn't need license war to be the greates game of football ever made; the gameplay is excellent and the graphics are very good
  68. Sep 13, 2016
    Amazing game, beautiful, the best game of soccer of the all times. The expirence it's fantastic and the new moves it so realistic. ¡¡¡PES its back!!! Enjoy.
  69. Sep 13, 2016
    Yeah, the game is not perfect... but it´s nearly of the perfection. PES 2017 is the only football game that makes the real football happen in the pitch. Ok, it has a small number of licences, but there are mods, Option Files, and the major: a complete Edit Mode. Give a chance to PES 2017, you won´t be disappointed.

9/10.

#Nevergiveup.
  70. Sep 15, 2016
    Quite simply the best football game ever made. I have played every PES since the PS1 days and almost every FIFA and this truly blows them all out of the water. It really is a return to the PS2 glory days for PES. FIFA is going to have to step its game up a hell of a lot from the lackluster demo they put out if they want to out do Konamis effort!

Absolutely superb in every way:

Absolutely superb in every way:

-Graphics are amazing, even the community created kits look great.
    -Option files are incredibly easy to setup with the added bonus of being able to pick and choose leagues/teams to add.
    -The AI is a challenge, especially in Master League, been enjoying some battling results with the default team. The AI plays in different ways, tries different tactics, it really is a joy.
    -Goalkeepers, a huge step forward from 2016. From the start they are a million times better. Animations, intelligence, everything.
    -Gameplay, it actually plays like a football game. Its not the frenetic through ball and pace fest of FIFA thankfully. You can play in the style that you want or that best suits the players at your disposal. Glorious.
    -Online. Not tried it a lot so far, been too busy with ML, but the few games I have played have been solid connection wise with no issues. Hoping that is a sign of things to come as PES has traditionally been difficult to play online since 2013.

Basically, if you have a PS4 and love football, this is the game to get. Go get an option file, setup the game how you want to and enjoy it. Thankfully, the option file is a barrier for all of the squeakers that populate FIFA's FUT as they don't have the attention span to do anything other than put a disc in the console :) But for the rest of us who want a proper game of football, this is about as close as you are going to get short of digging out your boots and getting down the park!

10/10, a joy to play! If you don't buy it, you are an idiot.
  71. Oct 1, 2016
    Incredible gameplay and good difficulty makes a beautiful game, with the "new'' MyClub and Master League, new animations... The best PES since the PS2 era...
  72. Sep 15, 2016
    This game is amazing and wil probably give lots of fun!! I recommend you the pesuniverse web to put all the licenses of the teams, including bundesliga!!.
    This is a REAL football simulator, just fantastic.
  73. Sep 24, 2016
    Gran juego! Excelente! Lo compré de salida y no me arrepiento. Ya me ha dado horas y horas de juego. Respecto al tema de las licencias se soluciona cargando un archivo de option file desde una memoria y listo. Lo recomiendo totalmente.
  74. Sep 15, 2016
    This new PES 2017 has an awesome gameplay! I know that FIFA is improving its game modes, but PES's gameplay is unbeatable on 2017. To sum up, the game is excellent so impressed this is worth 10 stars installed all the kits logos off my USB.
  75. Sep 14, 2016
    I've only played the demo so far, but the game looks superb! Much improved from last year. It takes some effort to score a goal but that makes it even more pleasant when it happens. Good times ahead!
  76. Sep 14, 2016
    It's just so much fun, especially after playing the FIFA demo. They brought back everything I loved from PES 2016, and got rid of almost everything I loathed about it. The GKs are superb now, the defending AI is much improved, the referees call fouls appropriately, the collisions look SO much more realistic than before.....

The bottom line is, it feels good to score goals again. You

The bottom line is, it feels good to score goals again. You have to work in your build up, and I've really only had 2 or 3 goals in 3 weeks with the demo that I felt were crap goals. More importantly, I never feel cheated when the CPU scores a goal, and they've actually scored quite a few that had me watching the replays multiple times after. No cheesy headers, no scripted 90th minute equalizers, when they score you can almost always take the blame for leaving a man unmarked.

It just feels great, and while it will always be behind FIFA in terms of licensing and the other bells and whistles, it is light years ahead in terms of fun and realism. It literally pains me to put the controller down, I've even been late to work a few times as a result. Thank you Konami!
  77. Sep 14, 2016
    PES 2016 won me back from the bloated and slow FIFA franchise, and this new version for me tweaks the successful formula, this is the best football game of all time, lack of licenses be damned. Spend 30 minutes patching it and that doesn't matter anyway.
  78. Sep 13, 2016
    Fantasic game of football , so much more realistic inplay and the player models are sweet , been playing this most of the day with freinds and it been tight, i think for the 2nd yr running pes has topped the footie chart ,unless fifa can pull one out the bag
  79. Sep 17, 2016
    The King is back! Good graphics and excellent gameplay. The best things are the ball physics and the match pace, a lot better than PES 2016 and FIFA 17 DEMO. An another good point is the Adaptive AI, all the matches are different from the previous.
    There is the lack of the licenses, but on PS4 version we can import the File Options (in 5 minutes we have got the real Premier League, Juventus, Sassuolo, all liga teams and Bayern Munchen, also in online mode!)
  80. Nov 24, 2016
    I think this game has the best gameplay from all the football games made until today. This is by far the most balanced , they fixed the goalkeepers , A.I. is smarter and harder to beat than before and the big players are even better individualised. You can expect to get goals from 30 m or more from top shooters like Ronaldo for example.There are a lot of pluses on the game regardingI think this game has the best gameplay from all the football games made until today. This is by far the most balanced , they fixed the goalkeepers , A.I. is smarter and harder to beat than before and the big players are even better individualised. You can expect to get goals from 30 m or more from top shooters like Ronaldo for example.There are a lot of pluses on the game regarding gameplay and defences are stronger.
    Graphics are great , and producers made it easier regarding data import so licencies and kits is no longer a big problem.
    what still lacks compared to FIFA for example is the variety of game mods. This is a big reason for which many people still play FIFA even though they see the big quality difference in terms of game play. There are not many co op game mods in the game and the most plsyed game mode myclub has no co op mode, while if you play against a friend you don't lose contract playes level doesn't grow.
    There is also not possible to play something like pro clubs in FIFA, to have a club with more players playing co op, the 2 vs 2 co op is gone.
    While the part of licencies is a matter of money and ea has many exclusivity with clubs and is understandable that is hard to compete there, the variety of game mods shouldn't be an issue to improve.
    But al in all a solid 9 for the fantastic game play , the importance of tactics and how instant be seen any tactical change, the data file importing system and for the care that Konami has and fixed stuff every week and informs the users.(plus that most changes in the game are made after what people request on few big PES specialized forums)
  81. Oct 3, 2016
    Pro Evolution Soccer vuelve a su esencia, no tendrá todas las licencias que uno quisiera pero a la hora de jugar es diversión pura, donde la jugabilidad lo pone como uno de los mejores juegos de futbol de ultimo tiempo.
  82. Sep 13, 2016
    This is best football game ever ! I played demo fifa 2017 and its for kids ! best real football game ever !! period !Still the best football game around.
  83. Sep 14, 2016
    Stop buying FIFA and buy a real football game, that game is PES. The gameplay in this series has always been superb and this year they completely take it up a notch.
  84. Nov 18, 2016
    So another year another PES game and now after 3 months or so from its release i think it ll be a good time to review the game with a cool head...I am amazed from the rave and reviews that this game gets...I am even more amazed from the fact that people believe that this is the best PES ever or that it is even better than the glorious PS2 days i believe that none of these people haveSo another year another PES game and now after 3 months or so from its release i think it ll be a good time to review the game with a cool head...I am amazed from the rave and reviews that this game gets...I am even more amazed from the fact that people believe that this is the best PES ever or that it is even better than the glorious PS2 days i believe that none of these people have actually played the game in PS2 as this game has no resemblance to the great PES titles of the bygone PS2 era.And here is why:
    1.Gameplay aint bad at all.It is by no means great or very good but it aint bad.It is ok.You feel that the players have a weight in them like actual human beings,unlike FIFA where they weigh about 10 pounds,you fell that they actually step on grass and not on ice like the EA's product and the ball feels like a ball.Not as an overinflated plastic globe.Match pacing is really nice and animations are at least adequate.You get some great games here and there and nice football stories.THe downside to all of that is that most of the time you feel like you are playing the same match over and over again.I have scored more than 150 goals with the same exact tactic.Low cross to the near post followed by a one touch finish.Rinse.Repeat.I always play with the worst teams in the game so it can e a little bit chalenging and not only it isnt but this game is way easier than the last PES if that can be done.If you make the mistake and choose a great team or a very good team then you can end the game 7-1 or 8-1 as every shot that you ll take can go in,or if it does not go in it ll go very very close to the net,it seems that every shot from anywhere on the pitch is a big chance to score,especially the R2 ones that are virtually unstoppable.Another bad thing is that if you lose possesion even for a little bit the cursor changes and your player freezes,even though that he has a chance to win the ball back imediately.The cursor problem is horrendous.Especially in defence where the AI can select the center back when you need the left back and if you press L1 then the cursor might go to the center forward for some reason.THe defensive system is bad,your team does not feel like a cohesive unit that tries to defend it rather feels like a Mario game where the attack starts from the easier level that being your forwards and progresses onto the more difficult levels and finally to the Bowser who in this instance is your keeper.Your centre backs are mostly out of position,your defensive midfielders seem oblivious to the runs that are being made by the attackers and your wing backs are constantly playing in a universe or their own.As for the offensive system...God..off the ball movement is non existent.I am a football coach at the younger leagues as a side job and every time i play this game i pause and try to swallow my anger.Your team mates are going all over the place (i cant even count how many times i saw my two center forwards together on the byline for some reason),your midfielders do not create space so you can pass the ball,your wing backs do not overlap even in the most blatant situations..i could go on and on and on,anyone who has played the sport on a professional or even semi pro level can indicate all of the wrong off the ball movements that your players make and lastly the "tactics" like TIki -taka and so on are poorly implemented.You can still play the same game without them.You dont need them to win or to turn a game around.
    2.Presentation:There is no presentation.Nothing.Same sound as PES 2015,2016 commentary is god awful,you feel that youare playing a generic match all the time even when you play a rivalry /derby game and the licences are still a huge problem.Yes it can be solved if you have time and a good option file but it is 2016.Just make the unlicenced teams a little bit more close the official counterparts.JUst have London FC wear blue.Not pink.
    3.Game Modes:ML is very blunt,very boring and not immersive.You have no control on your transfer fees as the "agent" chooses the amount,the scouting system is incredibly bad and you can practically make a team consisting of 17-18 year old free agents withh 78 overall.You do not interact with your players,you do not interact with the press.Nothing.You are there to press the buttons.I wont even write about BAL as i believe that there is no need.Read a review from PES 2009 and there you have it.It is exactly the same.

Overall:4/10.I dissagree 100% with the "all that matters is the gameplay" opinion.No.It aint like that.The customer pays 60 euros to buy a game that excels in every department not just the gameplay.You pay for the game to have a great sound,great commentary,great gameplay,great and immersive gamemodes and great presentation.That is why you pay that amount of money for yearly realease.PES has an ok gameplay and bad sound/commentary/immersion/game modes.It is time to put the series to rest.Sadly.
  85. Jan 17, 2017
    Simply horrible, the game is always decided before you even start, my players do not run and the opponents are always excited, every back ball results in an opponent's attack and everything kicked away from my area turns rebound, I want to please Konami Stop making these games and accept that it will never be like FIFA is
  86. Dec 20, 2016
    The PES 2017 MyClub was ruined with the scripting/handicap Konami, specially the one based on Team Strenghts (above level 5 specially)... KONAMI is silent about it, but older players are not stupid. Like me, there's players in our clan that plays PES since it's first version, also we have played PES 2016 everyday, specially MyClub, which I have won 21 open club tournaments...

But in

But in 2017 many already gave up from playing due the clearly matches "manipulation", balancing, or whatever you want to name it... It will be my case as well, already trying to sell the game or playing outside MyClub only, which I couldn't notice such problems...
  87. Nov 6, 2016
    It's a interesting game and when you play it it gets your favorite game but it's teams are low .it's graphic is nice but it's not near to real and every player is perfect in this game I prefer play fifa than Pes because that had more team than this game that parts are more by the way it has champions legue and it has better physical body than fifa it's a bit fast their players are a bitIt's a interesting game and when you play it it gets your favorite game but it's teams are low .it's graphic is nice but it's not near to real and every player is perfect in this game I prefer play fifa than Pes because that had more team than this game that parts are more by the way it has champions legue and it has better physical body than fifa it's a bit fast their players are a bit fat and lights in this game is awful this game is good but it can be so better than now Expand
  88. Dec 30, 2016
    The worst ever. Konami is just playing god to control whether you win or lose. Totally nonsense. I have played more than 10 versions from winning eleven to pes. I would never spend a penny on pes again.
  89. Jan 31, 2017
    I've never seen such a bad football game, it's a thief and my players are always slow, no matter what team I'm using or what I'm up against, it was a waste of money
  90. Nov 5, 2016
    Now my favorite game became a massive dissapointment. A lot of things been copied from fifa series games. At most game scripts and ai gameplay been copied from there. The game become much difficult than before - playing demo i thought it was better goalkipper and more manual passing and shooting BUT NO. First of all ai is cheater - it does things that real player cant do and plus it doesNow my favorite game became a massive dissapointment. A lot of things been copied from fifa series games. At most game scripts and ai gameplay been copied from there. The game become much difficult than before - playing demo i thought it was better goalkipper and more manual passing and shooting BUT NO. First of all ai is cheater - it does things that real player cant do and plus it does that things simultaneously with a lot of his players. Then scripts that when you play this game a lot and you learn all of them this game becomes miserable agression provoking joke that destroys your nerves. I dont want to play against cheater, i want the same abilities.
    Also economy in my club has become a casino where you alway loosing or just cant earn gp because the cost of contracts for good players equals your gp which you earn only by winning. Also 2% chance to get black ball(best player) which costs 10000 gp is for fools who want to donate real money for their favorite game and still get silver ball player. Uninstalled that brain damage.
  91. Sep 30, 2016
    Pes 2017 this year ok but bugs i don't like pes 2017 game Gameplay is too robotic and arcade-like. They make a good effort to try and seperate themselves from FIFA, but they need to make the gameplay feel more natural. Biggest downfall for me is the non-licenses.
  92. Sep 27, 2016
    I m' a sleeper PES fan since the "golden days". Decided to come back to the franchise after many years of trial and...disappointment. Well, the reviews are great and indeed PES 2017 is a great game. The best of it's generation. And the former of course. Konami did rather well and I enjoyed the game...And here's the "but" things: Digital football IS about the illusion of being there,I m' a sleeper PES fan since the "golden days". Decided to come back to the franchise after many years of trial and...disappointment. Well, the reviews are great and indeed PES 2017 is a great game. The best of it's generation. And the former of course. Konami did rather well and I enjoyed the game...And here's the "but" things: Digital football IS about the illusion of being there, participating. And Konami spills the beans in the "being there" dpt. Some goals are laughable, the refs are non-existent and permit the game to become Mortal Kombat in occasions. Graphics are really good up close, last gen when using gameplay cams, nice crowds. The general presentation is as usual amateurish (lazy Konami) ,the nets are again soft and wrong destroying the illusion of a great goal. Goalies are better than last year but not good enough. They still offer rebounds in a plate to forwards. Gameplay, fluid and a bit arcade for my taste but great for one vs one games. Overall, a real improvement over 2016 effort, kind of PES 2016 v.2, and a great game for winter's one vs one duels with friends and beer. Expand
  93. Oct 1, 2016
    Defense is worst than other years, when a player take your ball the player thinks about 5 seconds to react, why ?? I don't know because is not real to take that time. Other why the referee always give yellow and every struggle is a fault, you see the repetition and it not fault. The graphics are better but not enough to buy the game. Also narration of the game is too default and not fluid.
  94. Sep 13, 2016
    Graphics wise its great up-close but not so much far away. The scoring is a joke, you can score from anywhere with the right player. The stadiums look fantastic and the ball physics ia great. The celebrations are limited and the commentary is wack.
    Overall its better than PES 16 but still not there yet as the best soccer sim.
    No need for me to mention licenses as one can add option
    Overall its better than PES 16 but still not there yet as the best soccer sim.

No need for me to mention licenses as one can add option files now, its worth a go at least until FIFA 17 releases
  95. Nov 28, 2016
    This game is rubbish. The interface, player movement and AI is just awful. They seem to be running on ice. Plus, faces and personalities on each player are unrealistic.
    The gameplay looks more simplistic and the ball physics may be good, but this does not compensate anything.
    Needless to say about the lack of licences which feels totally unacceptable in 2016.
    FIFA is much much better. Period.
  96. Sep 16, 2016
    Gameplay is too robotic and arcade-like. They make a good effort to try and seperate themselves from FIFA, but they need to make the gameplay feel more natural. Biggest downfall for me is the non-licenses. Man Red vs. Man Blue doesn't really do it for me. The new legends are cool!
  97. Sep 27, 2016
    Game has a bigger learning curve than PES 2016 (with manual controls) but it pays off once you get used to it.
    It's much harder to score a goal - keepers often are too good - especially in one on one situations.
    Generally it's slower and more realistic. Still choice number one when compared to FIFA.
  98. Feb 28, 2017
    pro evolution soccer 2017 is a breathe taken game with great graphics and is realistic so that is good its on Xbox
    one PS4 PS3 and Xbox 360 in this game you can play with a lot of brilliant players but a problem in this game is the player faces dont look like the footballers in real life but i think its better then fifa because better graphics you play with famous players and is well designed i give it a 8/ 10
  99. Feb 27, 2017
    As a long-time fan of FIFA, I hadn't try a PES game since the glorious days of SNES and International Suuuuper Staaar Soccer (Deluxe!). In short, the game seems to be somehow closer to a "real" football game. With FIFA, games develop in ways that you wouldn't expect in a real life game, whereas with PES games you think "that could very well happen". The physics aspect of the game are greatAs a long-time fan of FIFA, I hadn't try a PES game since the glorious days of SNES and International Suuuuper Staaar Soccer (Deluxe!). In short, the game seems to be somehow closer to a "real" football game. With FIFA, games develop in ways that you wouldn't expect in a real life game, whereas with PES games you think "that could very well happen". The physics aspect of the game are great though some of the moves are sloppy.

My main beef with this game is how difficult it is to navigate. Figuring out how to even play against a friend with the FIFA control setups, required a Google search. The lack of licenses is also frustrating. Even after downloading them and managing to have the actual names in (most) teams, once I begun a "Career", the changes were not there.

All in all, in terms of the actual gameplay, PES is solid, fun and different from FIFA. It takes some time to adapt to the style but it is enjoyable. I gave it a 7/10 due to the inherent difficulties in navigating the menus and options. They are definitely not easy to change or understand. In the end, FIFA is easier to play, it has all the teams you love and, most likely, you and your friends already know how to play it. As such, Konami has a long way to go before being the best option.
  100. Sep 19, 2017
    This game is good but has its flaws. The good in my opinions are the customization and long shots and quite exciting matches. The bad is commentary is the same as 16 and is very basic and annoying, same game plan as if you pass in a zigzag shape you always beat the defense, you cannot tackle near the throw in line coz if you do it will always rolls out for a throw in. The CPU never getsThis game is good but has its flaws. The good in my opinions are the customization and long shots and quite exciting matches. The bad is commentary is the same as 16 and is very basic and annoying, same game plan as if you pass in a zigzag shape you always beat the defense, you cannot tackle near the throw in line coz if you do it will always rolls out for a throw in. The CPU never gets booked or foul me, and a local 2 player is a nightmare if you have loaded kits as it end up restoring back to default, online isn't reliable and so end up just playing against the CPU all the time. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 62 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 18, 2017
    Outside the football field, things may not be quite ideal in PES 2017 however, going back inside, we guarantee you a football experience of utmost brilliance.
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 12, 2016
    If you can look past the usual scarcity of licenses (e.g. just two English clubs are licensed), you’ll see a great game – unpredictable, spectacular, deep, satisfying and engaging. It just needs time to show its advantages, because they might not be instantly obvious when you pick up a controller for a moment at a party. [12/2016, p.66]
  3. Nov 15, 2016
    Strange refereeing aside, none of those issues are more than oddities and PES 2017 is a wonderful football game that just begs to be played. Give me another 200 hours and I'll tell you definitively how PES 2017 ranks against the series' best, but right now I'm enjoying it an awful lot. Fun yet unfair, thrilling yet at times borderline broken, but it just wouldn't be PES if it was perfect.