7.1

1. Sep 12, 2017
    The best football simulator in the world...the best sport game in the word. PES 2018 became perfect for the new animation, play rhythm, play mode, online mode, goalkeeper, cpu IA.. The problem of license is a not real problem: with a simple file and a usb key is solved in 5 minutes. fifa fan boy is a insecure peopl. they want a game ...we want football..and we plays PES
  2. Nov 10, 2017
    The great marks you see here are totally unrealistic. This is by far the worst PES in the last 4-5 years.
    I am not a PES hater, I actually stopped playing FIFA since 2013 Because PES was so much better
    Positives of PES 2018: - Stunning graphics - Great player faces, it feels like 2 years difference above FIFA in this aspect - Introduction of 3 vs 3 and 3 vs COM CO-OP which is a

Positives of PES 2018:
    - Stunning graphics
    - Introduction of 3 vs 3 and 3 vs COM CO-OP which is a great game mode finally having some co-op
    - Slight Improvements in most of the game modes
    - Very good balancing of Player attributes
    - More contracts with clubs regarding licensing which makes more players to feel closer to real life
    - Pretty strong master league campaign
    - AI improved as more technical players do more dribbles etc.
    - The overall pace of the game has been reduced so there is more time to think rather than reaction based like before
    - The overpowered Height issue from previous version was fixed, so crossing/headers are not so overpowered like in PES 2017
    Negatives (why I give such a small mark):

- It takes ages to find opponents online
    - the lag experienced online is unbearable - it is ridiculous sometimes, and that comes after it takes even 5 to 10 minutes to find an opponent. It has nothing to do with internet connection, but with the Konami's servers capacity
    - broken player selection - a game cannot have a mark above 7 with such an issue - this is a basic simple thing. This combined with the lag experienced online goes to the impossibility to defend or do what ever you want sometimes
    - Some referee decisions are ridiculous and there are many faults which remain unsanctioned
    - Arcade game play - it is sad to say it, but this is PES 2018 compared to all previous versions. Patient ping-pong passing is encouraged and players don't have to do anything more than that to win. Most of the goals come after a lot of 1-2 passes and tap-in goals from 5-6 meters. The game doesn't entourage people to delve more into game mechanics. In previous PES versions the more things you learned the more chances you had to win. That's not the case this year.
    - Inconsistent goalkeepers - sometimes a great GK would take silly goals even though they have up form arrow. The vice-versa is true with very weak GK on red down arrows making impossible saves
    - A lot of random silly goals after 3 - 4 rebounds, or multiple post hitting, or ball jumping from defenders like from the corner of a wall, or players that are sometimes unresponsive and don't pass/shot /tackle even if buttons are pressed desperately - these things leading a lot of people to believe in conspiracy scripting/momentum and filling forums about regarding this
    - The back defensive line decision making - it is ridiculous at times how the defenders just watch the ball going very close to them and doing nothing , or running in weird directions
    -The flagship game modes of the game (myclub and myclub co-op this year) have ridiculous rewarding system, bad matchmaking and broken player progression.
    - Advancing through divisions gives very little rewards, even advancing in top 3-4 divisions or wining top division give no significant reward. There is no offline division system.
    - The matchmaking in co-op matches players from myclub with players outside myclub which makes no sense. Rewards in myclub co-op are so low that you consistently go on a minus while players don't get experience points but lose contracts ?!? Like what is the logic in all that? Plus the possibility of the fact that some players play alone in co-op matches.- This shouldn't happen.
    -There is a broken player progression as people receive players at level 1 for wining any kind of competition while when they buy players with 10k GP for example, they get players at level 30. What is the reason to win a competition then? And some of the online competitions are hard to win... Wouldn't make more sense for a person to play 3-4 matches offline, make 10k GP and but a player at level 30? They should make it either that all players come at level 1 or all of them at level 30
    -The contracts are as every year ridiculously expensive and many people don't play myclub as they see stinginess of Konami here. Most people play don't use their best team because of contracts issue. Point is, people who want to use micro transactions will always do it and the ones who don't pay real money with micro transactions will never do it. Simple as that. So to make contracts so expensive makes no sense. People will use micro-transactions for getting new players, not for extending contracts - having expensive contracts will not bring more income to Konami , but will only annoy people.

As a non football gamer, if few matches are tried for fun, not all these are noticeable, but for usual players they will be very frustrating. And when all these come together that is not a game which should pass the 4 mark but , yeah I like PES and I hope they fix some stuff with patches and can give a 5 for that.
  3. Apr 22, 2018
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 is nothing more than an obnoxious fruit machine. Unlike the critics I have played this game extensively.

Setting aside the throw money at screen nature of getting better players the biggest problem is that results are totally out of your control. Your opponent's goal keeper will dave point blank bullet headers in the bottom corner, your keeper Buffon will let in a 35 yard piffed pea roller. Once you are a goal down your players may improve or you'll have wait until you are 2-0 down, don't equalise to early though because it will be your turn to have players running out of position, stuttering, mis placing passes, not creating any passing options and generally be mongs. Your ability means nothing, the players you have mean nothing and your enjoyment is totally meaningless to Konami. I certainly won't ever be buying PES ever again until it is skill based rather than luck based.
  4. Aug 4, 2018
    I am commenting on certain game points which are irritating me, or where I see the room for improvement. did not go through the entire game, only stuff/modes I find to be fun.

**Become a legend - terrible camera options, cannot chose if you want with each camera option to follow a ball or the player **Players sliding tackles - players are aiming for the player not the ball, if you go

**Players sliding tackles - players are aiming for the player not the ball, if you go for it and your player sliding is over (no more power in it, if you know what I mean) but barely touches the opponent, they immediately go 'Neymar'

**Skills/dribbles/tricks - too complicated and a lot of them unusable, make it simple for once. Every PS4 player uses one, two or three tricks, well make it so with the pressing of one button, let's say L2 and wanted direction of the arrows - controlled player performs one trick and so on.

**Goalkeeping - Jesus, where do I start. Goalkeepers when facing an easy ball, they act like they are drunk and I really mean it. An opponent manages to receive a cross in 5 yard box, and then we have a goalkeeper being late when holding triangle button, or even the opponent receives the ball on chest and is about to perform a volley shot, well GK can do whatever, but he chooses to wait for the volley - happens a lot (to add players also wait for that volley as well, where the logic would be they run over this player who is receiving the ball on chest instead of head shooting or passing). Shooting, powerful shots especially from shorter distances like 10-12yards, GK defends without a problem; while on the contrary we have head shots from 5-8yards distances that are slow, too slow - this is where is drunk GKs - they can catch the ball without a problem but hey this doesn't happen, goal usually happens.

**In-match replays - they show you a replay for every boring, unimportant stuff that happens, they also don't offer you feature which would turn those unnecessary replays off or at least a quick skip option, and yes that press OPTIONS button is too slow for me

**Player AI - it is what it is, not to happy about it but not disappointed at the same time

**Game updates - while those are great, whenever being in main menu and going around it, it always checks for updates and tests network environment, its completely unnecessary and it makes the game slow

Thats all.
  5. Oct 14, 2017
    Been a PES player from 2003 to 2008, and then pes 2014. Never played any FIFA game apart from FIFA 98 and FIFA 17. That being said, this year I decided to go back to my childhood series and now I am leaving in full disappointment after 10 days. So many turnovers, bad passing, aiming for player A and cpu decides to give it to player B. In Superstar difficulty, the game instead of beingBeen a PES player from 2003 to 2008, and then pes 2014. Never played any FIFA game apart from FIFA 98 and FIFA 17. That being said, this year I decided to go back to my childhood series and now I am leaving in full disappointment after 10 days. So many turnovers, bad passing, aiming for player A and cpu decides to give it to player B. In Superstar difficulty, the game instead of being smarter, it just buffs the opponent players with +20 in speed, strength and heading. Every team plays the same, tiki-taka/first time passing in the midfield and long through balls to the centre or the sides, no matter if they have Messi or a 60 overall random player. This game is only recommended for playing couch co-op with friends that will not have super buffs on their players (that's how i got sucked into buying it. I played with a friend a demo of FIFA and PES and we decided PES is superior). Single player is awful, presentation for laughs or crying. I have not tried FIFA and most probably I will not, but PES is a huge frustration and disappointment. Expand
  6. Sep 19, 2017
    Gameplay is almost perfect, on the football pitch the game is a masterpiece. Online servers/connection is significantly better than last year, mods unfortunately stagnate. Best football game, a real simulation!
  7. Sep 12, 2017
    This is the best soccer game ever. Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay. Try if you do not believe me. Its just amazing. Option file system it gives you all licenses. So dont worry. King is back. The pitch belongs to konami and pes team.
  8. Oct 23, 2017
    Great game . Superb Graphics, fun, real soccer simulation. If you intend to change fifa don't think do it, because this is the best simulator ever made . i change fifa for pes in 2014 and i never coming back to fifa no more..... With option files you put all the leagues in the game easy as a blink of eye.
  9. Nov 16, 2017
  10. Sep 12, 2017
    Simply the best football game available. Very fluid game with a tendency for the unpredictable, PES always makes you feel like you are in control, if you make a mistake you know that you made the mistake rather than the game ripping you off on the basis of some dodgy AI.
  11. Sep 12, 2017
    Very good game with amazing graphics or the best graphics in soccer games goal keepers are amazin and the ai amazing and i enjoyed playing it and i will play it till next year
    Konami thanks to you i enjoyed it very much
  12. Sep 18, 2017
    The gameplay is very good, it really reminds to real football (the one you play in the grass field, more than the one you watch on your TV). It's really fun both controlling an entire team or a single player in the career mode.
    However, there are some bad points that leave this game far from FIFA quality:
    - The load times are too long. Since you open the game until you can be playing
    However, there are some bad points that leave this game far from FIFA quality:
    - The load times are too long. Since you open the game until you can be playing your first match you spend some minutes just waiting.
    - The online hall is too empty. I've tried to play online matches several times and most of them I end up cancelling the matchmaking after some minutes without results.
    - The menus and options are too archaic. Konami seems not to have the time to work on the game interface, and this transmits a neglect feeling hard to ignore.
    - The atmosphere of the stadiums is far from that achieved by FIFA. Improving this could mean a great step forward for the game.
  13. Sep 12, 2017
    just few words the KING is back ...
    amazing faces of players and graphism
    so great pleasure just to play football
    gameplay just ideal
    its so many years i didnt have so many pleasure to play a football game.
  14. Sep 12, 2017
    Awesome gameplay , better goalkeepers, excellent cameras, good pitch, Konami truly created this awesome revolutionary version, and with its superb graphics, it is the new king of sports, pes2018
    note:There are still violations of licenses
  15. Sep 12, 2017
    Nice gameplay, i like that game is a bit slower and you have more time to think about next action. Licenses and commentary are two weaknesses. AI is stronger than ever.
  16. Sep 12, 2017
    I think Konami did a great job this year. The game is not perfect, we need improvements online like some punishment to players who gets the match cancelled when they're losing. Great Job Konami, good keepers (god bless us all), not the same mechanic game, the way players move without the ball is awesome. Great Game!!
  17. Sep 23, 2017
    PES sigue creciendo, durante los últimos años Konami está haciendo un gran trabajo. Igual que PES17 son dos grandes juegos, jugablemente sobresalientes, en PES18 han mejorado los porteros enormemente, y visualmente han estilizado los jugadores.
  18. Sep 19, 2017
    it takes a few games to understand the brilliance of PES 2018.Deep and utterly addictive MyClub and master league modes.Solid gameplay and passing the ball has never felt so good.
  19. Sep 13, 2017
    Il miglior Pes che non se ne vedevano cosi' dai tempi di Psx e Ps2 coloro i quali recensiscono con 0/10 o 6/10 non sanno ne di cosa parlano ne di cosa giocano. Fatta questa premessa la Konami con un colpo di coda ,un po inaspettato, si riprende cio' che per tanto tempo le e' stata sottratta quasi impropriamente ,ovvero lo scettro e la corona di miglior titolo calcistico.
  20. Sep 13, 2017
    this game is pure football nice job konami amazing gameplay good keepers amazing faces of players great pleasure just to play football Great Game!! i like the slow realistic speed
  21. Sep 14, 2017
    The holy grail of gameplay experience, pretty straight forward, a punch in the face with the dynamics of the matches, the players ball reception, passes, shots, and obviously the ball physics are brutal .

I'm impressed how a formation a change in position for a player can affect the result of the match and how you need to adjust in accordance with the rival, you can't play with only tiki taka against barcelona and the next match against borussia hoping the same result, yes for sure you can try but the IA will adjust it's formation to make you pay your insolence.

Besides that the goalkeepers reactions this year are superb, the player likeness just amazing, and there's improvement in the ambiance atmosphere in the stadiums.

Other than that the 3vs3 online feature is pretty good.

I will add some of the bad points, licenses you know there'll be always this situation but you know in some way is part of the game, commentators this year as usual just good, nothing spectacular , the game presentation in general is just outdated, the fonts ,the menus , they need to improve this, is a tired UI.

The stadium representation also is amazing, we miss the stadium creator option.

So to round up

The best soccer experience to shared with friends, enemy, or whoever you want.
  22. Sep 19, 2017
    FIFA will be a great game this year, and the solution would be to play both Football games. But if you can't do that, and you really love Football (in its essence), you will certainly enjoy Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 a lot more.
  23. Oct 7, 2017
    Great and awesome gameplay . The new difficulty of the game is the legend. It's really amazing.

Great animations. Perfect modeling and faces. Great ball physics. Great physical collisions. Stunning graphics. But the sound design and reporter game section is very weak. Master of the League played better than last year. But still the master of the league has a lot of work and progress. Online servers have improved. You need to increase the edges of the game, and the sound design and reporter game section is really rewarding

The lack of stadiums is still the main problem. This game requires the creation of a stadium. The biggest problem with this game is the lack of content. Master of the League must play a major change. And the sound design section of the game is quite the seventh generation. At the end of the game, there was still a big improvement over the previous year. And to summarize. This game inside the ground is a perfect winner. But not completely out of the ground .

The creator of this game is very talented. But it suffers from a lack of funds. The main culprit of this problem is the publisher of this game, Konami. Konami does not have a good budget for this game. However, the team-maker does his best to make the game.

PES in the gameplay, modeling, faces, animations, ball physics, physical collisions, graphics is really better than FIFA 18.
  24. Oct 3, 2017
    the gameplay is amazing and the graphics are very good. the 3v3 mode is AWESOME! PES should beat FIFA this year. i give it a 8/10. You need to BUY this game.
  25. Dec 26, 2017
    ESTE JUEGO ES UNA PORQUERÍA. TODOS LOS EQUIPOS JUEGAN IGUAL. LA COM CON TRES PASES TE LLEGA A TU ÁREA Y TE METE GOL. NO LO RECOMIENDO PARA NADA.
  26. Sep 12, 2017
    The evolution of PES 2017 is here. Despite serious problems with the goalkeepers , refs (they can both ruin an enjoyable game) and other minor technical issues, (please fix the spagheti nets for God's sake) PES 2018 is another valiant effort with excellent game value for versus games (1 v 1 is the top dog here) and a bucket load of wow! factor goals with missile-like shoots. KonamiThe evolution of PES 2017 is here. Despite serious problems with the goalkeepers , refs (they can both ruin an enjoyable game) and other minor technical issues, (please fix the spagheti nets for God's sake) PES 2018 is another valiant effort with excellent game value for versus games (1 v 1 is the top dog here) and a bucket load of wow! factor goals with missile-like shoots. Konami advanced in this one with more balanced game play and excellent graphics (but only up-close). It's PES 2017+ . That's not a bad thing. Next year Konami should innovate more and bring us something really astonishing as promised. Expand
  27. Sep 26, 2017
    Same old PES issues, such as poor AI, and worst of all scripting still prevails.
    I want to be able to win or lose based on my playing skills, and not based on having script in my favor or against me.

Gameplay in PES is inconsistent. Stats often mean nothing, not to mention that the beta and demo play differently than the actual game, and one can expect that gameplay will keep on changing and not always for the better..

While I prefer the gameplay in PES over FIFA, Konami seems to care very little about making a great, challenging football SIM. Year after year it's the same old story, with some minor changes and no fixes for the awful AI and idiotic scripting.
  28. Sep 26, 2017
    What a Game!
    What a Game!
    From someone who has been playing fifa almost religiously for the past 9 years i decided to make the change as i have found little fun in the last fifa installments. I was iffy as PES doesn’t have licenses but I discovered you can install the files yourself and even play leagues lige the japanese, thai or chinese with the correct kits and players. But essentially what makes PES 2018 so incredible is the controls and the overall gaming. If you come from fifa you will love it. I have never felt so excited in dribbling, shooting from outsiders the area... its just so satisfying. The commentary is bad but not that bad. The online isnt very good but hey, neither was fifa. Actually the spanish commentary is good (Argentina). The faces are incredibly similar and im not talking about Barcelona alone, but even players from other teams like monaco, fiorentina, bayern munich, chelsea, manchester united...
    Please, make the change, you won’t regret it.
  29. Sep 22, 2017
    It may not have the look or unrealistic style of high scoring matches it's competitor has. But on the pitch, it matches what real football is played like. Not what arm chair opinions think.
  30. Sep 16, 2017
    PES 2018 is simply an amazing football game, aiming at being the real football simulator. The gameplay is the closest ever seen to the real football, every action, pass, shoot and really every score is different, feels unique. Each match is unique. Playing without assisted passing and shooting, the so called full-manual, brings the game to a new level opening a game in the game, the realPES 2018 is simply an amazing football game, aiming at being the real football simulator. The gameplay is the closest ever seen to the real football, every action, pass, shoot and really every score is different, feels unique. Each match is unique. Playing without assisted passing and shooting, the so called full-manual, brings the game to a new level opening a game in the game, the real game. Like on the real pitch you need to carefully calibrate every pass and shoot and scoring gives great emotions. The graphics is superb, playing in 4K looks stunning with wonderful replays that will make you wondering if you are looking to a game or to a real match. The offline modes with Become a Legend and the Master League are historical foundations, they still offer plenty of content although a restyling would be appreciated for the future editions. Online is great, matches are super fun and the new coop mode, 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3, is great. It feels really like playing in a team, with the option of creating clans with friends for endless fights around the world. Finally about licenses, it's known that KONAMI is weak on this side, missing many teams and entire leagues. Is this a real problem ? Only on XBOX, not on PlayStation and PC where community made option-files allow to basically edit all the game and adding all real kits and emblems. Also opening the door to amazing opportunities like making a league with all-time best classic teams. In conclusion PES 2018 is a must have for every football fan, it will fill your days and evenings with incredible moments jumping on the couch when scoring at the last minute! Expand
  31. Sep 27, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The perfect soccer game in the world✌✌. Thank you konami for this awesome game. Fifa never can beat the pro evolution soccer Expand
  32. Oct 12, 2017
    Gameplay is good , graphic is perfect .. random selection match is astonished .. the is a lot of moods in the game that can make you play a lot and enjoy .. especially in the offline mode that many people like.
    Simply an awesome game you need to just download an option file and just play the beautiful game
  33. Sep 14, 2017
    Amazing gameplay!!! the 3 vs 3 modes is fantastic...they imporved the faces the graphics and the keepers....if you install the patch for the teams without licence is the best football game
  34. Jan 23, 2018
    A série Pro Evolution Soccer vem sofrendo para entrar nos eixos desde o catastrófico PES 2014.
    Com a mudança de engine, e grande dificuldade de adaptação a nova tecnologia, a Konami viu seu maior concorrente FIFA dominar o posto de melhor jogo de futebol.
    Porém, esse domínio está seriamente ameaçado com o lançamento do PES 2018. Esse jogo da a sensação de que estávamos presos desde
    Porém, esse domínio está seriamente ameaçado com o lançamento do PES 2018.
    Esse jogo da a sensação de que estávamos presos desde 2014, e agora finalmente fomos libertados.
    Os dribles finalmente funcionam.
    As críticas podem ter elogiado PES 2017, porém, sabemos o quanto era triste toda vez que se acertava um drible, ficar uma sensação de que aquilo mais se parecia com um bug dentro do game tamanha a lentidão e feiura dos movimentos ( problema que repito, vem desde PES 2014 ).
    Hoje isso acabou. Os dribles ( apesar de alguns ainda serem lentos como a pedalada por exemplo ) ocorrem de maneira fluída, realista e divertida. O que antes estava no jogo apenas por ter que estar, agora pode de fato ser usado como recurso, o que dá uma dimensão nunca antes vista na série PES.
    Somado a isso temos novidades e situações ainda mais realistas dentro de campo como:

- expressões faciais cada vez melhores de raiva, alegria e dor por parte dos jogadores;
    - sistema apurado de chutes, passes, e cobranças de bola parada ( você realmente percebe nesse jogo a diferença entre o bom jogador e o grande craque );
    - goleiros mais realistas com diversas animações novas ( ainda precisando de ajustes na hora de encaixar as defesas mais fáceis onde erram inexplicavelmente podendo estragar uma partida por causa disso )
    - movimentação e corpos dos jogadores completamente reformulados;

Infelizmente o jogo utiliza da mecânica do Handcap em diversos momentos, não sendo tão absurdo quanto o seu rival FIFA, mas ainda assim manchando negativamente o game.

Na parte estética do jogo, a ausência de diversas licenças pesa a favor do concorrente FIFA, porém com o uso de um bom option file pode-se brevemente resolver esse problema.
    Podemos também criar o uniforme do nosso time para encarar os clássicos modos my club e master league ( onde infelizmente não temos tantas novidades assim ) utilizando de diversas opções de personalização oferecidas dentro do próprio jogo, ou com a ajuda de sites especializados em personalização de uniformes, criar um arquivo de imagem onde não há nenhum limite para sua imaginação.

A conexão dos jogos online também está muito melhor, e com a adição do modo Coop, a diversão está garantida também nesse quesito.

PES 2018 é sem sombra de dúvidas o melhor jogo da série.
    Ainda que não seja perfeito por alguns motivos técnicos e de polimento, merece um 9, tendo em vista de que a sensação que ele proporciona supera qualquer um desses problemas.

Os amantes de futebol só tem a comemorar.
  35. Jan 25, 2018
    the worst football game i've ever played. KONAMI? omg wtf. i can't believe you release such games in the year 2018. you have no soul at all. it only can get better!! and i'm not judjing the grapics or licenses.
    such a waste of money. you even have a LITE version of myclub!? for free. that means you don't give a **** about this game and want more people to play this crap.
  36. Sep 13, 2017
    Regarding the licenses, in particular the leagues, we have Ligue 1, Ligue 2, Eredivisie, Campeonato Brasileiro, AFC Champions League (Asian Champions League), UEFA Champions League, and the UEFA Europa League. But also other leagues are included that although they do not have the emblem and the official name, have all the licensed clubs like for example, Liga Argentina, Liga Chilena andRegarding the licenses, in particular the leagues, we have Ligue 1, Ligue 2, Eredivisie, Campeonato Brasileiro, AFC Champions League (Asian Champions League), UEFA Champions League, and the UEFA Europa League. But also other leagues are included that although they do not have the emblem and the official name, have all the licensed clubs like for example, Liga Argentina, Liga Chilena and Liga Italiana, with the exception of Juventus FC (better known as PM Black White in PES), since the latter has an exclusive contract with EA. FC Barcelona, ​​Club Atlético de Madrid, Valencia CF, Arsenal FC, Liverpool FC, Fulham FC, Borussia Dortmund, FC Schalke 04, RB Leipzig as well as the three major clubs in Portugal and some Belgian, Greek, Turkish, Russian League clubs. In other words, few news here (and even lost the Copa Libertadores) compared to the previous. Licensed clubs are a common problem in the PES series, although it is not entirely Konami's fault, as for example the Barclays Premier League, the Bundesliga and LaLiga Santander have an exclusive contract with EA. Licensed selections: Albania, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Holland, Northern Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, Wales, Brazil, Argentina and Japan.

As for the stadiums, we have 36: Quanto aos estádios, temos 36: Camp Nou, Wanda Metropolitano, Signal Iduna Park, Anfield Road, Giuseppe Meazza, San Siro, Stadio Olimpico, St. Jakob-Park, Estádio do Maracanã, Estádio São Januário, Allianz Parque, Estádio Mineirão, Arena Corithians, Estádio Beira-Rio, Estádio do Morumbi, Estádio Urbano Caldeira, El Monumental, Estádio Alberto J. Armando, Saitama Stadium 2002, KONAMI Stadium, Neu Sonne Arena, Metropole Arena, Hoofdstad Stadion, Estadio Campeones, Estadio de Escorpião, Estádio del Nuevo Triunfo, Stade de Sagittaire, Stadio Orione, Burg Stadion, Estadio del Martingal, Rose Park Stadium, Coliseo de los Deportes, Sports Park, Village Road, Stadio Nazionale and PES LEAGUE Stadium.

As in all other PES's, there is always a training mode (training of skills or free training), Edit (modify and change the names and emblems of clubs and leagues, change the stats of the players, etc.), Master League, Become a Legend and myClub. In Master League it is necessary to make sensible hirings and sales, to develop talents and to take your favorite club to the Nº1. During the Master League we can also see the Team Status (Owner Trust, Team Spirit, Team Satisfaction, etc.), define the training, as well as the training of Youth Layers and train skills, among other things.

The Become a Legend, as you may know, gives you a personal view of football. You can choose whether you want to be a Lionel Messi, an Edison Cavani or a completely original and unknown player. In myClub, your role in this mode is to strengthen your team and for this you need to get good performances in games and competitions, raise revenue and attract quality players and coaches. As much as the Master League, the Become a Legend and the myClub have very few news in relation to the previous one.

It's impossible not to notice that, once again, Konami continues to do very good work when it comes to the environments and faces of the players, and together these two graphics are very good. The environments, always filled with infernal sounds, give me that spirit of the genre "Oh my god!" Exactly like the one I had in Germany vs Italy in the 2006 FIFA World Cup semi-final, which is difficult to feels on FIFA. Faces... in this field Konami has no opponent too.

What about gameplay? The feeling I had when playing it for the 1st time was this, players nothing heavy but also nothing light, perfect pace, it is noticeable that the shots from far are powerful, goalkeepers very good and the result can only be this: very good. But not all are roses, the deep passes are too powerful, the hats enter (almost) all when the forward is isolated and it is rare to see the AI committing faults, even in the higher difficulties.

More weaknesses in this Pro Evolution Soccer 2018, not to have to listen to the horrible comments of Luis Freitas Lobo and Pedro Sousa, I put the comments in English and yet are extremely repetitive and annoying. The songs (Bag Raiders - Beat Me To The Punch, Bruno Legend - 24K Magic, John Legend - Love Me Now for example) from the main menu are good but also suffer from the problem of repeatability.

Overall, Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 is a good game with a gameplay, graphics, environment and very good faces, but Konami insists on making the same chronic mistakes and I fear that FIFA is once again ahead. In the background, this game is hardly worth 59.99€ and it would be wise for the person to wait for a promotion of this game.
  37. Jan 28, 2018
    I gave football a try again after many years. I chose PES between two and was huge disappointment. I just care more or less about gameplay. I expected that game became more realistic after years but is even more arcade as it used to be. Most of goals I receive is garbage balls and from crosses which always end on the head of player and in goal. No personal input rewarded. It is justI gave football a try again after many years. I chose PES between two and was huge disappointment. I just care more or less about gameplay. I expected that game became more realistic after years but is even more arcade as it used to be. Most of goals I receive is garbage balls and from crosses which always end on the head of player and in goal. No personal input rewarded. It is just important to buy as many as possible good players and winnng is guaranted. No creativity in game. One or two passes, cross ..goal. When passing, you do not even have time to create the attack. Superheroes just need part of part of second and jump on you. Then pass pass run run... cross goal....ehhhh football for dumbs. Never again. Do not waste money on this. Expand
  38. May 2, 2018
  39. Sep 28, 2017
    PES 2018 plays more like a realistic simulator compared to its football counterpart, Fifa 18.
    The graphics are more realistic but it is the gameplay where Pro Evolution really excels over Fifa this year.
    The lack of official licenses may deter some but they can be fixed via an option file (downloadable online). Maybe an inferior selection of game modes compared to Fifa 18 but if you
    Maybe an inferior selection of game modes compared to Fifa 18 but if you dumb it down to the most important aspect of a game, the gameplay, then PES 2018 finishes on top.
  40. Oct 13, 2017
    Gran juego, el mejor simulador de futbol hasta la fecha, el realismo al pisar el balón es inigualable en cualquier juego de la saga o de futbol en si. Jugabilidad 10. Los porteros... fascinantes. He sido de Fifa desde el año 2009 hasta 2017, año en el cual también tenia el pro, y según mi humilde punto de vista la dinastía ha cambiado. El online funciona de manera muy correcta, gran mejoraGran juego, el mejor simulador de futbol hasta la fecha, el realismo al pisar el balón es inigualable en cualquier juego de la saga o de futbol en si. Jugabilidad 10. Los porteros... fascinantes. He sido de Fifa desde el año 2009 hasta 2017, año en el cual también tenia el pro, y según mi humilde punto de vista la dinastía ha cambiado. El online funciona de manera muy correcta, gran mejora respecto del año pasado, los modos de juego 2 vs 2 y 3 vs 3 son muy divertidos, sobretodo si juegas con un amigo o conocido. No debéis preocuparos por el tema licencias, los parches se pueden poner fácilmente y son muy buenos (escudos, nombres, pancartas, equipaciones...). Un pequeño problema es el cambio de jugador en ciertas ocasiones de defensa, pero es un detalle sin mucha relevancia. Definitivamente un juegazo si amas el futbol, ya que te sientes como si estuvieras viviendo un partido real!! Expand
  41. Apr 24, 2018
    Is a fun game but need more teams and leagues, the graphics are ok, the master league mode is always good but need innovation i think, the become a legend mode needs too, the gameplay is a thing that most off people complain, but pes is an arcade game no a simulator, so is satisfactory play pes, is not great, but is fun and ai thin thats the most important thing in a football game
  42. Sep 24, 2017
    So...Another year,another PES game and another time that KONAMI tries to persuade us that the King is back.Is it though?In one word.NO.Hell NO.And here is why:
    Presentation:If you dont play as Barca or BVB or Liverpool or any other licenced team there is none.Nothing.Just the same generic stadium atmosphere,no nice camera angles,not a hint of a stadium sense,not a clue of the drama that governs our beloved sport,not a cool choreo from the fans (except the first and last game of the season) no nothing.The commentary is still at PS2 levels.Repeating lines of dialog over and over again,screaming players names two sometimes three times in a row,no analysis of the game from a tactical standpoint.Nothing.We get a commentary that it would be just "OK" for a game that was released 10 years ago.The sound?Non existent.All the player can hear is a constant stadium noise that gets louder if you score and you are at your home ground or non at all if you are away.The menus are still childish and still incredibly complicated.You need to see 5 different widnows just to check who has the most assists in the league for example.A total unimersive experience.As for the stadiums...Just..ok.At least they are not only eleven like two years ago.
    Graphics:Cartoonish.Yes some nice lighting here and there but any player except the ones that had their faces scanned for the game,everyone else looks like a typical vintage Metal Gear Solid mook who sees the other way as Snake crawls under/over/inside him.
    And now..gameplay!!For some reason KONAMI wants us to think that this is the perfect simulation of the sport.Couldnt be further from the truth.There is a sense to some PES purists out there believe that because the game i slower and the ball is heavier then the game is realistic,It is not.You can still ping pong you way with six back heel passes to the opposing teams GK and then shoot the vintage PES missile shot regardless if you are being marked or not.Those are details in the PES universe.Your defenders would always be out of place.Your wing backs would always stick 2 yards away from your center back without midfielders covering them,giving acres of space to the wingers of the opposing team.You can still see your virtual pros clearing the ball straight into the back of their teamate and bump into each other without touching the ball.Nothing screams realism more than that.Off the ball movement is incredibly bad.Non existent.Either they will move straight deep in the box waiting for the king of the game,that is lofted through ball, or they will ask for the ball while they are being marked by 6 players.I wonder if anyone that praises this game has played a game of actual fotball.And i dont mean the occasional footy with my mates game.I mean a real game ,on a real team.If anyone did,then how can he call this arcade sim "Realistic"?And the game breaker..The cursor.You want the defensive mdfielder,you get the centre back,the left back,the striker and by the time the cursor reaches to your guy the moment and the ball are gone.You are on defence,goalie parries a shot,the ball goes close to your player,you change the cursor,you press the left analog to the direction of the ball and your player stands still..by the time he ll move the ball is now on the back of your net.You attack..you make a cross,it is to powerfull for your forward to reach,you instantly press L1 to your next player the cursor moves but your player is still lagged and even if you had pressed the next action button he will not comply because he has to trap the ball first.God.17 years the same problem.
    Game Modes:ML.Still the same.Challenge mode is a non existent feautre.Negotiations are unrealistc and scouting is all over the place.If you do play it though i suggest trying the Original ML players not the real team squad.I wont write about BAL.I wonder why it still finds its way to the game.Totally unchanged,ignored,unpolished,unrealistic.And modes like BAL,especially now with MyPlayer and The journey are incredibly important.
    Controls:Bad.Unresponsive.Too many times you will scream at your TV in vain " i didnt pass the ball to this guy",especially with through balls.Example:Ful bar in power,the analog is moved straight forward,Player has the ball to his prefered foot.Result:A weak pass with the outside of the foot to the side.
    And to wrap it all up.Dont believe the hype.Dont believe the reviews.The game has nothing new.It costs close to 60 euros and gives nothing for its value.No real innovation,a totally unimersive experiecnce..I dont care for licences,modders do good work,i dont care for the internet game ,i dont play online.Perhaps the game is king there.Perhaps not.What i know though is this.If PES 2018 is still compared to games that were published 14 and 15 years ago on a console two generations back then something is very wrong with the series.Lay it down.It is dead.Sadly.Like everything else KONAMI does.Sorry for any grammatical errors,be well.
  43. Oct 6, 2017
    I have been played pes from 2010 to 2016 but FIFA gets better than pes 2017 and 2018. I love FIFA its best game in the soccer simulation games.go and buy FIFA and thank EA.
  44. Oct 5, 2017
    Well, when you finally purchase a license for all teams and players?? From year to year is the same.. And where's Bayern Munich??? Overall a good game, almost up to FIFA.. But the lack of licenses is a disaster
  45. Nov 4, 2017
    fifa has been frustrating me for 2 years or more.. i read about pes and i finally decided to make the switch to enjoy the "best football gameplay available"..i was hugely disappointed.. every match is similar to the one before...pass pass pass cross header GOAL..every single attack (either me, AI or an online opponent)...serie B teams play the same way as barcelona and i get the samefifa has been frustrating me for 2 years or more.. i read about pes and i finally decided to make the switch to enjoy the "best football gameplay available"..i was hugely disappointed.. every match is similar to the one before...pass pass pass cross header GOAL..every single attack (either me, AI or an online opponent)...serie B teams play the same way as barcelona and i get the same results playing both on the same difficulty... all of this and more plus the licensing issue.. PES is not anywhere the answer to football crazy players who pay attention to every little thing in every match Expand
  46. Oct 22, 2017
    I was a PES fan since 2009 entry, so calm down and face the truth. Pro Evolution Soccer series is dead now. This game same as 2017 entry and nothing more. Konami not give a single darn about any improvings, they just keep it, cuz it still prints money and 2018 entry just proving that. Im done with PES and FIFA. I prefer to watch a real football on TV, instead that lack-of-stepping-forward games.
  47. Oct 25, 2017
    The way they made it is like a game of backgammon... it's weather you know how to play or not...if you know the basics then it's 100% luck... sometimes you can do nothing to avoid a goal and sometimes your goalie may save 15-20 shots... it has nothing to do with skill it's like a game of coin toss... don't buy it it's a waste of money plus you need ps plus account to play online...
  48. Sep 18, 2017
    game look awful on normal PS4 dont buy it! waste of money. 2017 version is till the best looking and smoother than this. so shame and im very confused because this title should be the best sport title in the world but konami this time fckd.
  49. Sep 28, 2017
    User score of Fifa 18 vs PES 2018 is ridiculous. If you want to feel the same as on a real soccer game on TV, buy Fifa. Gameplay on PES is not bad but still they don't have the licenses and the general atmosphere a game like Fifa can bring you!
  50. Sep 14, 2017
    nothing bad about pes 18 only the licenses ,licenses and licenses its almost no team in pes except barcelona ,huge graphic huge gameplay huge AI and no team!!! 5 point for technical specefics of pes 18 and 5 point for licenses .i give it 5.
  51. Eds
    Sep 16, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. PES 2018 é surpresa em termos visuais, dando um gigante passo em frente em relação aos seus antecessores, no que ao gameplay diz respeito. O futebol virtual oferecido pelo título da Konami é fluido e muito mais interessante, deixando para trás todos os anteriores jogos da franquia. Os fãs de PES vão, certamente, adorar a versão 2018, que tem ainda o potencial de cativar novos jogadores. Expand
  52. Nov 16, 2017
    PES 2018 is great.
    By now, I have played 2015 through 2018 and this truly is the best. Almost every player is recognizable to me.
    The only downpart is the commentary, it is very slow. When I start the second half I hear "And we are back for the second half"...after 10 minutes of playtime. But the game is amazing, every attack is fantastic and different. Except if you play on the easiest
    PES 2018 is great.
    But the game is amazing, every attack is fantastic and different. Except if you play on the easiest modes, of course.
    But if you play on the highest difficulty, like me, you get to play some real football.
    Besides, I mostly play career mode, and to start off small and end up big is just an amazing thing to do.
  53. Nov 3, 2017
    بازی واقعا نسبت به نسخه قبلی پیشرفت چشم گیری داشته ولی همچنان گزارشگر بازی رو اعصاب هستشو مشکل لایسنس هم داره که خدارو شکر با یه پچ مشکل حل میشه و بخش مستر لیگ و بی کام تو لجند هم توقع داشتم بیشتر تغییر کنه و در اخر تو بخش انلاین بازی خیلی خوبه مخصوصا بخش 3 به 3 که عالیهبازی واقعا نسبت به نسخه قبلی پیشرفت چشم گیری داشته ولی همچنان گزارشگر بازی رو اعصاب هستشو مشکل لایسنس هم داره که خدارو شکر با یه پچ مشکل حل میشه و بخش مستر لیگ و بی کام تو لجند هم توقع داشتم بیشتر تغییر کنه و در اخر تو بخش انلاین بازی خیلی خوبه مخصوصا بخش 3 به 3 که عالیه
  54. Sep 13, 2017
    Ok we talk about the new PES.. what we have here? i guess nobody expect those tremendous differences compared to the last year game.Game play is a bit better, graphics almost the same and the AI much better. The ancient problem with the license is a stepping stone for the best football game out there but we have ti wait the release of the new fifa to have a bigger picture on who win theOk we talk about the new PES.. what we have here? i guess nobody expect those tremendous differences compared to the last year game.Game play is a bit better, graphics almost the same and the AI much better. The ancient problem with the license is a stepping stone for the best football game out there but we have ti wait the release of the new fifa to have a bigger picture on who win the race this year Expand
  55. Feb 21, 2018
    This time the king of football undoubtedly surpassed FIFA! Great game in all aspects!
  56. Feb 24, 2019
    Personally I’ve always preferred the Pro Evolution Soccer series to FIFA and I’ve certainly got my money’s worth from this 2018 edition having played the MyClub mode, especially the co-op, for a good couple of months. The key is of course the gameplay. Yes, it may only be a refinement of previous iterations but, as ever, it plays a more realistic and entertaining game than its main (only?)Personally I’ve always preferred the Pro Evolution Soccer series to FIFA and I’ve certainly got my money’s worth from this 2018 edition having played the MyClub mode, especially the co-op, for a good couple of months. The key is of course the gameplay. Yes, it may only be a refinement of previous iterations but, as ever, it plays a more realistic and entertaining game than its main (only?) competitor from EA. The addition of online co-op is also a huge addition allowing you to play with mates even when not in the same room, and this did help to negate a few of the games flaws.

Unfortunately however the more I’ve played the more frustrated I’ve become with these flaws. I can put up with the missing licenses but issues such as chipped through balls being far too easy to play, defenders taking an age to clear the ball and getting caught in possession and far too frequent lag in online games has eventually, worn me down to the point where I’ve all but stopped playing it now.

This makes it a difficult game for me to review and mark really as I can’t say I haven’t had a good time with PES2018 but sat here right now the overriding emotion is disappointment at how close this title is to being outstanding. Can 2019 finally be the year when Konami get everything right?
  57. Jun 7, 2018
    Combine Fifa and Pes and you will get the perfect game every year. This time the main contribution comes from "PES" with it's super fluid and convincing gameplay that please the fans of the sport.

The presence of Fifa ofcourse makes you demand more as Fifa's new ball shileding, no touch and team mate contain features are sorely missing in the PES but you will enjoy the time you have untill the next one, casually.

This also means the game is far from being an "E-sport ready"as defending is trivial and you almost feel the "scripting" that tries to have both players enjoy their time. No matter how dominant you are on the field there is always a chance that a sloppy blind pass might make it into your net.

Most of the things are random especially the defense in this game and you are actually both playing and watching the game , and this definitely keeps things exciting.

The bad:

The menus are terrible as usual, you can almost feel how isolated the PEs developers are. You hop onto Co-op only to see your player cursor's color change everytime , one match you are purple , the other green. And frustratingly you team mate and you might end up with very similar colors like red and orange on green. Definitely not for the colorblinded...

Also, you can not forfeit a match where the 5 bar network connectivity did not do it s job at all and you either quit and lose points or suffer through as lagfest with seeing the worst parts of the human nature..

Pes developers should get out of their caves and start developing according to real world conditions. This might also help with their decision about defense...

Defense demands perfect timing and just alittle bit of latency will make even the safest interceptions a nightmare. ıt is really sad to watch minutes of effort of both teams resolve upon a mistake that has nothing to do with gameplay or football at all.,,

Also there are bugs when trying to select players , especailly on loose balls no matter how many times you change the cursor it does not and you stare at the players staring at the ball.

ALso there is big incosistency on interceptions, game has it idea about when it should intercept or just pass through, espcially when you are up in goals , game does not let you intercept passes regardless or your position or pace. It just wants the other player have chances.

Overall it looks smooth and detailed at times but competetively it is a test or patience.

Currently i am going through online divisions and low rated players are the biggest concern as they are at bad at attacking and as the game tries to let them have chances , no matter how good your defense they get to score goals as all they try is "key " passes and no build up play.
  58. Nov 23, 2017
    really an amazing game....I tried to play FIFA, but is impossible after PES...FIFA is just speed, speed, and speed... all matches the same...in PES you have to have some stragegy...best player are better but still human and you have to deserve to score. just a really good game
  59. Dec 20, 2017
    Pes 2018 is only an ok' ish game( better than Fifa 18), bt still an average soccer game. At the beggining , first matches that you play, you have the feeling that the game is very nice, but as you progress and get more into it, you realize more cons than pro's.
    pro: good gameplay, realistic passing, shooting, scoring and that it!
    cons: horrible online, lag, few players with more that 3
    pro: good gameplay, realistic passing, shooting, scoring and that it!
    cons: horrible online, lag, few players with more that 3 stars connection rating, the defending is absolutely horrible( defenders go to far away from the attackers and the ball, goalkeepers makes stupid mistakes in key moments), My Club is a pure P2W game mode as contracts are very expensive( a strategy from konami to make people buy coins with real money), very similar to Star Wars Battlefront 2 , online divisions rating system is useless as is nowhere explained( in MY Club is realistic with 3 point per win ). As a personal conclusion , the game doesent deserve more than a 5. Konami must fix at least the defending and to cut down the contracts cost.
  60. Oct 24, 2018
    Это самая плохая часть! Отвратительная физика, всё на скриптах как в fifa, но fifa хотя-бы весёлая. Скучная!!!!!!! Унылая!!!!! Не покупвйте это.
  61. Jun 4, 2018
    This game for the PS4 is far superior than its counterpart on Xbox One. Option file editing is a major draw and changes everything. Graphics are superb and gameplay is slightly superior than FIFA 18.
  62. Dec 30, 2017
    After investing some money several times to buy me the coins to sign players I managed to win a bunch who are highly rated in the real life(I trained them to be at their maximum level too). Team strength is around 2150 and spirit is 99 but still harder to beat a team at a superstar or professional level. The tackle button is useless when once you reach that level to play off superstarAfter investing some money several times to buy me the coins to sign players I managed to win a bunch who are highly rated in the real life(I trained them to be at their maximum level too). Team strength is around 2150 and spirit is 99 but still harder to beat a team at a superstar or professional level. The tackle button is useless when once you reach that level to play off superstar teams. This is so frustrating. It has nothing to do with my skills or loosing the match. It's just the buttons are so hard to respond at those levels. the defeat is not so convincing. Especially when after signing a keeper like M. Neuer who is supposed to be the best but don't have a different skill level from any keeper with a lower rating/stamina. Expand
  63. Nov 12, 2017
  64. Dec 26, 2017
    Nice gameplay, nice, i like that game is a bit slower and you have more time to think about next action. Licenses and commentary are two weaknesses.
  65. Jan 15, 2018
    i dont care about licences or the graphic .
    this game need a revolutionary of a.i and a new player movements .
    and wow you can play the game with the d-pad i was shocked by that , this game its still out of the era , u cant play it in 360° movements till now .
    unresponsive cursor .
    unresponsive player .
    a.i cheating all the time .
    funny collision system
  66. Feb 28, 2018
    PES2018 is a mediocre game and it seems that with each passing year Konami makes even less to improve it. Only improvements seem to be to update player database. The same problems we know from previous releases persist even with all fan feedback they must have gotten. It's somehow bearable when you play offline against the CPU although still not great, however online play is awful: wePES2018 is a mediocre game and it seems that with each passing year Konami makes even less to improve it. Only improvements seem to be to update player database. The same problems we know from previous releases persist even with all fan feedback they must have gotten. It's somehow bearable when you play offline against the CPU although still not great, however online play is awful: we still have lag play and the system do a poor job to detect them so sometimes you must play a full game with one or two bars of signal barely being able to do anything and the system does not care. A lot of the same exploits that existed on previous versions are still here, a lot of these are related to actions such as quick ball recovery (which just transforms the game into a button mashing competition, lousy player control on loose balls, keepers AI is awful, referee AI is worse, and we can continue for a long time. Gameplay is in a lot of ways not football, is something similar, but it fails to achieve what it's supposed to be. Expand
  67. Feb 26, 2018
    If you were a player who preferred PES over fifa before this is the year you should switch back to PES. I did and I am extremely happy about it. Visually and on the field it plays as the best soccer game so far. you can beat the best players just by smart tactics and good passing, you do not need unrealistic street ball skills. don't get fooled by fifas presentation and commercials, justIf you were a player who preferred PES over fifa before this is the year you should switch back to PES. I did and I am extremely happy about it. Visually and on the field it plays as the best soccer game so far. you can beat the best players just by smart tactics and good passing, you do not need unrealistic street ball skills. don't get fooled by fifas presentation and commercials, just download the free PES for ps4 and you will see you can build a badass Myclub/FUT team within a couple of months without purchasing any coins. games main problem is the licenses which can be solved easily by finding legit edit files online and uploading them with a usb. who needs a story mode? we want plain fun rewarding soccer! Expand
  68. Mar 7, 2018
    I've been Pro Evolution fan since before it was even called Pro Evolution (ISS on SNES). Always loved this game for its realism and freedom. In FIFA you were never able to create so many different ways of playing. So what happend to that freedom, Pro Evo?? What have you done??
    At the beginning everything looks perfect. I'm not a child so I didnt expect all the teams, names and awesome commentary. That's PES and PES never was and probably never will be good in this field. For me whats on the pitch matters. And at the start it all looks great. Shots are great, goalkeepers saves are amazing, everything seems fluid and really good. Unfortunately the longer you play the worse it gets. Im not even going to talk about online play, which is an absolute joke with all the lags and bad server and cheaters. I'm going to focus on offline. So I was 4 seasons into Master League. I've had 1 (ONE!!!) Injury, handfull of fouls and never (NEVER) had a penalty. Gameplay is arcade and after a while you are finding yourself repeating same actions and same goals over and over again. Realism, the thing I loved about PES is none existent this year.
    On top of that game is scripted to bits. People are complaining about FIFA being scripted (i ended up buying both. First FIFA since 98) but if they are looking for scripts it will be much easier to find them on PES. In fact after a while you notice that there is less matches that actually let you play than the scripted ones. I ended up winning with AC Milan 8-2 (top player level) just to loose right after to some crap team just because it was a derby match (in derby matches EVERY team plays like Barcelone on stereoids).
    This year PES is just frustrating, unrealistic, scripted arcade mess. Im only giving 4 stars out of sentiment and for shots and keepers animations.
  69. Jun 4, 2018
    superstar mode very difficult...ai system prevent you doesnt learn game.actually you cant learn or yu play 4-5 year for superstar mode.The designers should work on training mode for teaching newbie players and if they balance myclub this game is better ...
  70. Oct 18, 2018
    El MyClub es unos vicios con amigos, a pesar de lo de siempre, las licencias.
  71. Jul 5, 2018
    This is the worst PES game of all time! Passing, shooting, defense and the speed of the players is a completely wrong. Badly implemented and full of bugs.

The passing system is totally crap. Passes will go to any direction the CPU wants. I even though my controller was broken! It's not. Passing is bugged. If there are two players inside the area, there is absolutely no way to send a

Passing is bugged. If there are two players inside the area, there is absolutely no way to send a command so the computer understand who to pass to. This is a programming error. A mistake not corrected even with new patches.

Passes will go to a direction up to 90 degrees different to the one you are pointing your controller. It's not reliable even with good players.

Shooting accuracy is ridiculous! Always too high, or to the left/right. Any direction you point your controller ends up with you missing the target. Even near the gol. A lot of times the player tries to do a trick shoot and it's just ridiculous.

They completely screw up finesse shot. Instead of pressing R2 after gauge, now you have to press at the same time. It's difficult to do and there's no good result.

What about the defense? A bug will ALWAYS make your stupid player leave an opponent totally free on both sides of the field. You have to manually control the players to avoid that. But, of course, you can only control one player, and the other side will be left unguarded.

What about the speed? All players seem to have the flu of something. They are incredibly slow. With such a bad passing it's just impossible to play counter attack.

The game is full of bugs and errors. Looks like Konami does not really care about this franchising. I can prove it! Even after a year of "patches" they still did no correct a bug that makes the CPU team go full offense even if they are winning a knock up stage match! This sucks!

To sum up: this is, by far, the worst experience I had playing PES. I play this game since before 2000 and I've been through bad versions, but not as bad as this one.
  72. Jun 8, 2019
    Been playing football games for years, and I have to say this is one of the best ever, its weak points: the AI and fouls in general, everything else is almost perfect.

1. Oct 25, 2017
    Inside the pitch, PES 2018 simply rocks as it is one of the best football experiences ever made. But outside, same old problems with licenses and sound design issues prevent it from becoming a complete football game. If you just want to play football and have fun, PES 2018 is your choice.
  2. Oct 23, 2017
    Overall, what PES 2018 lacks in authenticity, it more than makes up for in gameplay. Bettering its predecessor on the pitch, PES 2018 is another fantastic entry in the series.
  3. Oct 18, 2017
    PES stays ahead of its competition... if you don't ask for too much.