- Summary: Dodge bullets, missiles and lasers in battle as you wrap your head around that bunny girl costume! Combo away with your mighty Piko Hammer or spam various spells from afar with your fiery fairy friend. Explore and explode through Rabi-Rabi Island as you collect power-ups and uncover secrets.
Sep 1, 2017Rabi Ribi has so much more going on under its hood than mere screenshots can contain. What some will invariably dismiss as a cash-in on cute anime girl aesthetics is actually designed with greater foresight and craft than many AAA titles. Thoughtful world design meets bullet-hell mechanics in this endlessly endearing hotchpotch of ideas from all across the spectrum. Not everyone will appreciate Rabi Ribi’s more hardcore tendencies, but those who do may will be swayed into making this game their life.
Aug 31, 2017Whilst the cutesy aesthetic might prove too saccharin for some, Rabi-Ribi delivers excellent exploration and combat over a lengthy first run. It will lend itself beautifully to speed runners whilst the plot and interplay between the main duo offer a surprising amount of charm. This is a pleasant, impressive Metroid homage with some nice quirks.
Aug 29, 2017If you like the idea of battling a host of girls wearing bunny or cat ears with a variety of magical attacks and a huge hammer, then Rabi-Ribi is for you. This platforming and bullet hell fusion is worth a look – just make sure you close the curtains before booting it up on your new 50-inch 4K screen.
Nov 27, 2019+Decent graphics
+Good art, quite excelent
+Excelent animations + the menu, gawd the menu is very well done, as well as the start screen+Decent graphics
+Good art, quite excelent
+ the menu, gawd the menu is very well done, as well as the start screen
+Excelent "loyalty" to the world, meaning, if the game and world in general is cute, the characters, scenes, attacks and concepts are loyal to such ideology/cuteness
+Doing combos is ducking enjoyable
+combat is enjoyable!
-veeery long texts
-nothing super special, kinda basic game, it has its own charm, but lacks some out of the box moments and such.
-levels couldve had better "graphics", some levels have unconsistent resolutions and a bit boring backgrounds, only SOME.
Story isnt very solid, but its a solid game nontheless
in general its a good game worth a try! Bunny and all! you should really play it.… Expand
May 26, 2020This is a "bullet hell" game with a Metroidvania design. If you like difficult bullet hell games where you're dodging a thunderstorm ofThis is a "bullet hell" game with a Metroidvania design. If you like difficult bullet hell games where you're dodging a thunderstorm of bullets non-stop for 20 minutes at a time during a boss battle, Rabi-Ribi will be amazing. If you like Metroidvania games, you might want to pass. The main mode of this game actually discourages MV-style exporation. It's more focused on dodging while chipping away at enemies.
- Cute MV-style world
- The BG music for each area is awesome
- Awesome bullet-hell boss battles
- Excellent freedom of choice (all items are optional) and backtracking
- Offers many difficulty levels; normal mode is quite forgiving
- The characters are too psychotic to be cute
- The story is absolute nonsense and extremely-weak
- Collecting items is a double-edged sword that levels up enemies
- Feels more like a boss-rush than an MV
- Post-game content is insanely difficult… Expand