8.9

1. Jan 25, 2019
    Omg, this game is absolutely amazing and awesome game ever i playing.. it is very scary. i have no problem with shooting zombies with many bullets.. Sound and voice acting are great.. graphic look stunning especially atmosphere details on everything i see.... Story and opening intro are great.. Thank You : Capcom for incredible job on this game. Please do remake for RE 3 Nemesis with JillOmg, this game is absolutely amazing and awesome game ever i playing.. it is very scary. i have no problem with shooting zombies with many bullets.. Sound and voice acting are great.. graphic look stunning especially atmosphere details on everything i see.... Story and opening intro are great.. Thank You : Capcom for incredible job on this game. Please do remake for RE 3 Nemesis with Jill Valentine for PS4 and PS5 Expand
  2. Jan 25, 2019
    BEST GAME EVER!!!!! Thats all I have got to say! If you call yourself a gamer than you MUST PLAY THIS!!!!
  3. Jan 25, 2019
    I loved it.
    Resident evil 2 influenced the way i will live for the rest of my life and not in just some half assed way.
  4. Jan 25, 2019
    This has to be the best re-imagining in the series yet. There's a lot of replayability Game is truly masterpiece! Capcom outdone themselves once again.
  5. Jan 25, 2019
    One of my favorite game has revived. It is an excellent interpretation of the original.
  6. Jan 25, 2019
    Being a fan of the series since 1996, I was skeptic first how this remake will end up. I am so surprised how well they preserved the atmosphere of the old game, and the way they achieved to improve it further.
  7. Jan 26, 2019
    Thank your Yoshiaki Hirabayashi for this gift..
    Thank you CAPCOM..
    Thank you for fulfilling my dream of playing a remake of RE2..
    Thank you for making this masterpiece!!..
    Thank you!!!
  8. Jan 25, 2019
    Absolute Masterpiece! The visuals are flawless the audio is superb! Headphones are strongly recommended! :)
  9. Jan 25, 2019
    Once a masterpiece, always a masterpiece!!

Capcom has really done it with this amazing masterpiece and have gained themselves the title of King of Remakes!! This game is absolutely what I could've asked for. It has got RE4's view that actually fits perfectly! This game is a must play for everybody!!!
  10. Jan 25, 2019
    Thank you Capcom!
    This remake is beautiful, the work done is great! 10/10.
    Now, waiting a remake of RE3, next year!
  11. Jan 25, 2019
    It,s a realy MASTERPIECE !!!! Bravisimo Capcom. I hope you,ll make RE3 Remake. It,s a Best game of 8-GEN for me.
  12. Jan 25, 2019
    This is the zombie game I've always hoped for. My expectations were very high, but this game exceeds. It blends the true survival horror feeling of the original games with the updated over-the-shoulder perspective of the modern games. With this and RE7 back-to-back, it looks as if Capcom is back on form. Hopefully, the success of this means we'll see an RE3 remake in a similar vein at someThis is the zombie game I've always hoped for. My expectations were very high, but this game exceeds. It blends the true survival horror feeling of the original games with the updated over-the-shoulder perspective of the modern games. With this and RE7 back-to-back, it looks as if Capcom is back on form. Hopefully, the success of this means we'll see an RE3 remake in a similar vein at some point in the near future. In the meantime, I'm going to get back to frantically searching for keys whilst fighting off the undead hordes. Expand
  13. Jan 25, 2019
    its simply a masterpiece must play
    I got that feel like back in the day ... I can tell this game is even harder than the original (playing in hard mode)
    GOTY 2019
  14. Jan 25, 2019
    I laughed...
    I cried...
    I experienced something that changed my life... In a nutshell, Resident Evil 2 influenced the way I will live for the rest of my life and not just in some half-assed way like any other game would. It legitimately moved me to make certain decisions, for better or for worse. In that sense, no other game can compare, as no other game has provided an equivalent
    I laughed...
    I cried...
    I experienced something that changed my life...

In a nutshell, Resident Evil 2 influenced the way I will live for the rest of my life and not just in some half-assed way like any other game would. It legitimately moved me to make certain decisions, for better or for worse. In that sense, no other game can compare, as no other game has provided an equivalent reaction on my part.
  15. Jan 25, 2019
    One word.It's a masterclass.Capcom has done more than one outstanding job.The pure horror is back with resident evil 2 remake.You can recommend it to anyone who is interested in horror games. Nobody can pass it.The atmosphere of the game is simply breathtaking. For me a big contender for the game of the year 2019.other games that are yet to come will have a hard time keeping up with aOne word.It's a masterclass.Capcom has done more than one outstanding job.The pure horror is back with resident evil 2 remake.You can recommend it to anyone who is interested in horror games. Nobody can pass it.The atmosphere of the game is simply breathtaking. For me a big contender for the game of the year 2019.other games that are yet to come will have a hard time keeping up with a class of resident evil 2 remake.it's more than a Masterpiece.Every Gamer should have this game in his collection.Whether you are a resident evil fan or not. It is a must have game. Everything else would be a lie if you say that it would be bad.This game was a completely new experience for me. And that was very positive.the money is definitely worth it.

thanks capcom for making this game possible.
  16. Jan 25, 2019
    Quite possibly the best remake I have ever played. It is terrifying, fun, looks amazing, and makes the original look like trash by comparison. Capcom has really nailed it with this game.
  17. Feb 6, 2019
    I first played the original Resident Evil 2 around the mid 2000's, many years after it's original release. By the time I got around to play it, the game and it's design were a thing of the past. I enjoyed the game immensely however. Tank controls? No problem, I got used to them after an hour or two. And they work really well for the original games. The game was loaded with content, plentyI first played the original Resident Evil 2 around the mid 2000's, many years after it's original release. By the time I got around to play it, the game and it's design were a thing of the past. I enjoyed the game immensely however. Tank controls? No problem, I got used to them after an hour or two. And they work really well for the original games. The game was loaded with content, plenty of scares, fun characters and an easy to follow plot. When I first heard of the remake I was thrilled, just like many others were. CAPCOM has recently being doing a few things right and with the success of a great game like Monster Hunter, what could go wrong right?

The first thing I noticed was the hideous main menu, it was very generic with the clean font that you expect all fighting games to have nowadays, hardly a deal killer though. I start the game and I pick "Hardcore" not because I think I am, but because it's the only mode that requires you to save with ink, something every other Resident Evil game has had you do even on easy difficulty. The mode is clearly an afterthought, or damage control to keep the real fans placated.

Then I finally start the game and Leon isn't Leon. He is some foul mouthed character who swears every time he fires his weapon. I hate gratuitous cursing, but I hate blatant and obnoxious blasphemy even more. There are subtitles in the game where "God" is misspelled. I had to play the game with the voice volume turned off. I just could not stand it. It also broke immersion for me. I wanted to get scared and be the one to react, and not have Leon constantly remind me of it with an avalanche of profanity. Let that sink in on you, the game is loaded with PROFANE language. **** **** **** son of a **** ****ing **** things constantly being said when firing weapons. After "killing" a scripted boss Leon simply says "take that you overgrown son of a **** wow, creative writing at work. Who talks like that? Teenagers maybe? Claire jumps into a sewer and says "now i will literally smell like **** that creative writing, genius. These characters cannot complete a sentence without cursing.

The game's engine suffers from slug syndrome, regardless of settings. I play on a GTX1080 and although I get 60fps on 4K with some settings turned down. I switch to 1080p and the same sluggishness is there. It's the same drag that Dark Souls 3 has. Like the engine just isn't very well tuned. Compare DSII to DSIII, both get 60fps no problem, but DSII is buttery smooth.

The gameplay didn't start to get boring to me until I hit the 6th or 7th hour of the campaign. The game just isn't scary. There is nothing here that will have you pumping adrenaline. There are no chainsaw maniac moments, or ones like seeing the "Garrador" both enemies from RE4, let alone a really frightening boss like "it" also from RE4. The first boss is slow and uninspired and not one bit scary, well maybe if you're under fifteen you might be scared. The second encounter against him was much better, although it was a very brief fight. Aiming in this game is really wonky. I think this is because the game's engine was clearly designed for FPS, you know coz of RE7.

Maybe the game was meant to be played on normal because "hardcore" seems really tough, but not in a good way. Navigating through the game can be done on auto-pilot, there is the illusion that it's an old school RE game, but it's not. It's pretty straight forward and the puzzles are on the easy side. CAPCOM had the right idea with it, but they clearly didn't want to exclude everyone who isn't a die hard RE fan. So the game has an identity crisis, retain the few old school fans and sell to everyone else at the same time. Aside from the graphics, this game does everything else from mediocre to standard. The jack of all trades, but master of none, sort of but not really. This game has no soul, but nobody is going to agree. Everyone wants RE to succeed, even I do, but not if it means lying to myself. I decided to try Claire's campaign, this time on normal. Turns out that the two campaigns are almost identical. I thought CAPCOM has said this would not be the case, or something to that effect, what a letdown.

Something else I would like to add is that I can't stand that you can't skip the death cutscenes. You have to watch them every time you die. Worst part is that it they are in 30FPS. You know coz you gotta have your cinematic moments, lobotomized western barbaric depraved degenerates love those. Wahahahahahaha Bwahahaha
  18. Jan 26, 2019
    I gotta confess I am bit disappointed. The game isn't bad, but I was expecting a 9 out of 10 (just like the original) instead of a 6. It fails to replicate the atmosphere of the original game, and while I was playing it, it felt like something is missing... Also, what's the point of calling it a remake when it is 70% different from the original? The locations where the story is set are theI gotta confess I am bit disappointed. The game isn't bad, but I was expecting a 9 out of 10 (just like the original) instead of a 6. It fails to replicate the atmosphere of the original game, and while I was playing it, it felt like something is missing... Also, what's the point of calling it a remake when it is 70% different from the original? The locations where the story is set are the same, but the campaign is different. It is just a different game. The result is an "adventure" inferior to the original, and less terrifying and claustrophobic.

The ammunition is exaggeratedly scarce and shooting anywhere else aside from the head seems uneffective, so low is the damage caused on the zombies. If you were to try to kill a zombie by shooting their chest, it would take like 30 bullets. They also exaggerated the amount of times a dead alive can get up again. When you shoot them and they fall to the floor, you have to "kill" them like 4 more times so they are dead for good
    I honestly think that the unofficial remake (made by fans) that got interrupted thanks to Capcom would provide a better experience and closer to the original.

I was expecting that this game would be to the original Resident Evil 2 what Resident Evil Remake was to the first game, but it doesn't even get close. I hate to say that, but even if this was the same game but with polished graphics, would have been a better experience than this.

This is a lot inferior to Resident Evil Remake
  19. Feb 1, 2019
    Don't waste your money on this thing...it's just playing on the nostalgic value, the game has NOTHING except graphics...

- combat is deeply broken, RE2 level of difficulty does not translate into this game, basically you can't do anything without being overwhelmed by the game difficulty. It's just stupid (I can easily beat original RE2 almost blindfolded...). They played their Dark Souls card here to dodge any criticism at the poor execution.

- to reiterate, I had no issues at all with RE2 control scheme, it was perfect. This stupid over the shoulder view makes the game unplayable.

- in original RE2 you could kill zombies, here you can't, no matter what. Which basically means you need to run like crazy through the whole level, skipping everything, reading nothing and using an online guide to solve puzzles, because you can't collect the various clues.

- pixel-perfect precision is required in aiming. Which basically means it's impossible to kill anything, because you have to aim at the head, which is basically impossible with a console controller. I don't care what people say about this, in RE2 you could aim at the head, here you simply can't. Almost 20 years later and you can't aim at the head of an enemy, it's simply ridiculous.

- graphics and audio are ok, the only thing really.

badly executed game, they just thrown in a bunch of assets from RE7 and pushed the difficulty level to 11, so they can create artificial gameplay and people will play the "git gud" card to avoid criticism.

Games like this should never even be allowed on the market, it's a scam, pure and simple.

Stay away from this and invest your money in real games. Capcom is doing everything possible to kill this franchise, really.
  20. Jan 30, 2019
    Had to refund after 2 hours. It's an OK action-shooter but this game is by no means a worthy remake of the original RE2. First person view turns everything into a chore and removes any element of frustration that the weird camera angles and tank controls of the original introduced to the game (both of which were good things, strangely enough). Instead, you get the exact same modernized andHad to refund after 2 hours. It's an OK action-shooter but this game is by no means a worthy remake of the original RE2. First person view turns everything into a chore and removes any element of frustration that the weird camera angles and tank controls of the original introduced to the game (both of which were good things, strangely enough). Instead, you get the exact same modernized and streamlined gameplay that you will find in almost every other modern action-shooter. Meh. Expand
  21. Jan 25, 2019
    Been an RE fan for a while. Wait til this one is on sale. It’s an OTS shooter with zombies. Mechanics, gameplay, graphics.....it’s all been done better in older games. Replay Dead Space instead. I also get the impression all the high scores and good reviews were written by people fanboying/fangirling over the game because they think they’re supposed to. Your review doesn’t make you someBeen an RE fan for a while. Wait til this one is on sale. It’s an OTS shooter with zombies. Mechanics, gameplay, graphics.....it’s all been done better in older games. Replay Dead Space instead. I also get the impression all the high scores and good reviews were written by people fanboying/fangirling over the game because they think they’re supposed to. Your review doesn’t make you some special OG gamer. Just chill and remove the rose tinted glasses. Expand
  22. Jan 29, 2019
    The game has been so.. altered in comparison with the original, that obviously it can no longer be considered a REMAKE, but a Reboot & that was not promised in 2015 by CAPCOM; Basically.., it's just another RE4, with a RE2 skin & mixed with elements of games like DOOM!
  23. Jan 25, 2019
    This game has outdated graphics for a AAA linear game released 2019. The textures are awful. This game has barely any content, so why couldn't the graphics be any better? Gun sounds are a joke. The physics are beyond horrible. The story is generic with cringeworthy dialogue. The level design is boring and repetitive. The voice acting is atrocious. There is hardly any enemy variety.This game has outdated graphics for a AAA linear game released 2019. The textures are awful. This game has barely any content, so why couldn't the graphics be any better? Gun sounds are a joke. The physics are beyond horrible. The story is generic with cringeworthy dialogue. The level design is boring and repetitive. The voice acting is atrocious. There is hardly any enemy variety.

Despite being a $60 game, it lacks so much detail you would expect in full priced games. The gameplay is so outdated. I know it's a remake, but I still expect lots of detail in $60 games. You can't shoot through windows and the developers were too lazy to design the protagonists using the tools in real-time. The AI is so stupid and lazily designed, that the developers just made the zombies bullet sponges. The Tyrant is so annoying, and isn't even scary.

There is no multiplayer. So once you beat the campaigns, there is not a reason to touch this game again. There isn't even Raid Mode or Mercenaries to be found. Charging $60 for a game with no replay value is a cashgrab. It's pathetic that developers have gotten so lazy and greedy, they are starting to sell half of the game at full price. SP only and MP only games for $60 are a disgrace. I would have been fine with no multiplayer if the game was like $30 or less, but they were too greedy for that. I recommend you wait until this game is $5 or wait until it's free on PS Plus.
  24. Jan 27, 2019
    No me ha gustado, es como si ya hubiera jugado a este juego 100 veces, el gameplay es lo visto en miles de juegos solo que con mecanicas resident evil, tmb muy vistas en la saga, innovacion 0, muy decepcionado.
  25. Jan 25, 2019
    another modern game filled with profanity & blasphemy.. the Lord's Name is taken in vain throughout the entire game, and it's simply unacceptable!

I will not support nor play games where blasphemy is prevalent, and this game is filled with it. as for how good the gameplay, story & graphics are, that's irrelevant when the game is destroyed by profanity at every turn. I hope someday

as for how good the gameplay, story & graphics are, that's irrelevant when the game is destroyed by profanity at every turn. I hope someday video games will return to their former state in the 90's and early 2000's, where profanity was kept to it's minimum, and blasphemy wasn't prevalent.

just stop it already..!
  26. Dec 14, 2019
    Having never played the original RE2, this was a chance for me to play essentially a new Resident Evil game. I think it's a little odd how the rooms work now, but it is better with the RE4 point of view. I haven't finished it because I got too spooked when Mr. X killed me, either way it is a very fun game and I highly recommend it.
  27. Nov 3, 2019
    This is the only game in this year that made me feel the way RE2 did, though i've played a lot of games this year and there are really good games but this is the best for me, The sense of horror, the way you solve a puzzle is too similar to the original one but with a modern gameplay style, and i am a hardcore fan of this game soo yeah this is my GOTY
  28. Nov 22, 2019
    The best game in 2019 ... the best remake for the best part of this series "at least to me".
  29. Nov 25, 2019
    Graphics are amazing, the gameplay is super fun, and Mr X is one scary motherf...
  30. Jan 13, 2020
    What can I say? Take the RE2 set up and play it like RE4. What's not to love?
    Ammo is scarce, making every time you step out of a save room daunting. Even standard zombies are dangerous. But it never seems cheap. And it's scary as hell.
    There's some nitpicks, but it's an excellent experience overall.
  31. Dec 28, 2019
    Once a masterpiece, always a masterpiece!!

32. Mar 28, 2020
    RESIDENT EVIL 2 is an Amazing game!!! Beautiful graphics. Great experience for old school players!!!
  33. Nov 1, 2019
    Best Resident Evil to date. You have to try it! Now the time is right for Resident Evil 3 Remake and Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake. Capcom could even take resident evil 1, 2 and 3. Dont change the gameplay but just update the graphics and cut scenes to a remake standard.
  34. Nov 25, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think this game deserve for the game of the year 2019
  35. Jan 18, 2020
    God damn capcom ya'll are on a frickin roll, RE7, Monster Hunter World and now this masterpiece? Hell yes I say. These guys somehow found a way to make zombies scary again and with gameplay this beautifully polished, an atmosphere this terrifyingly immersive, a surprisingly engaging enough story, graphics this crisp even the acting is pretty damn good. Bravo, I say.
  36. Feb 8, 2020
    The game is a master peace. Capcom has exceeded expectations and is possibly there best game to date. The events are slightly different to the original, but I'm glad it isn't. It's absolutely terrifying, especially wondering the gloomy, dark corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department.
  37. Jan 5, 2020
    Awesome game! Never played the original, but this game was a lot of fun! Had to watch a lot of YouTube videos in order to figure out where I needed to go and find items that I needed because you literally will get lost at times. The graphics are amazing on my base PS4! This game inspired me to play Dead Space on my PS3 again! Another great game BTW & still holds up for a game from 2008!!!!
  38. Jan 26, 2020
    was 15 when I first play,
    now 36 remake play.
    more horror, more terrifying.
    you nailed it Capcom!
  39. Apr 8, 2020
    Capcom pleased all players with a remake of one of the best games in the Resident Evil series. The original second part was a very eventful and intense adventure for its time. The developers were able to convey all those feelings from the 1998 game to new players in a completely remade game. It will please both those who love the original, and those who could familiarize themselves withCapcom pleased all players with a remake of one of the best games in the Resident Evil series. The original second part was a very eventful and intense adventure for its time. The developers were able to convey all those feelings from the 1998 game to new players in a completely remade game. It will please both those who love the original, and those who could familiarize themselves with the series from the later parts including Resident Evil 7 which отлич отлич нг resuming the formula of the original game 1996 - a real survival in a nightmare. If you are not indifferent to the genre and series, then be sure to test your nerves in Resident Evil 2 Remake, this game really deserves your time and money. Expand
  40. Mar 20, 2020
    MASTERPIECE. If you like the RE saga and the old games this is what I call a true revival of the series. Everything is great, if not perfect. A must have of the Survival Horror genre, and I hope him and RE3 Remake prove developers there is still a wide audience for real horror games!!
  41. Dec 14, 2019
    O jogo é simplesmente incrível, para um fanático de Resident Evil como eu o jogo é uma overdose de nostalgia, não tenho palavras para falar, Leon e Ada um " casal " clássico estão mais que perfeito no jogo.
  42. Dec 25, 2019
    Perfeito, Jogo lindo e sensacional, valeu o dinheiro gasto uma obra de arte.
  43. Jan 19, 2020
    I won't say it's the best game ever. It is certainly flawed, but everything RE2 Remake does right, it does better than any game in the genre and it's predecessors in the RE series. This re-imagining of Resident Evil 2 has managed to take 80% of what you thought you remember from the original game and retell it in a way that hits all the nostalgia feel good buttons, while reminding you thatI won't say it's the best game ever. It is certainly flawed, but everything RE2 Remake does right, it does better than any game in the genre and it's predecessors in the RE series. This re-imagining of Resident Evil 2 has managed to take 80% of what you thought you remember from the original game and retell it in a way that hits all the nostalgia feel good buttons, while reminding you that this is a modern game. I'll make this short by saying, this is an absolute must have game for everyone, not just RE fans. Let me also add that, if Capcom had included the original dynamic of the A-B scenario's(zapping) and optional first person camera this would have been the perfect Resident Evil game. I hope RE3 Remake also delivers the way this has, so that we all might be bestowed by Capcom with a Code Veronica Remake. Expand
  44. Jan 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Perfection .Nothing else to say of such a awesome gay , it's fun , the controls feel natural , the graphics are amazing... Expand
  45. Jan 29, 2020
    This game is amazing, and one of my favorite games of all time. This game is so enjoyable and replayable and that's what is important. Wanting to play this game over and over again.
  46. Feb 7, 2020
    Pus está wenardo la historia igual también es lo mismo anterior pero 4 veces mejor
  47. Feb 22, 2020
    Best Resident evil until now and it's the best survival horror. I want to see Resident Evil 3. Thank you Capcom, its amazing game.
  48. Mar 15, 2020
    A incredible new experience for the RE saga rebuilding the classic game from the PS1!
  49. Mar 23, 2020
    It took me a year to decide to finally sit down and finish this game, because it had me so stressed. It's really good at what it's supposed to do!
  50. May 7, 2020
    I really liked that many things remained similar to the old Resident Evil 2. Beautiful game, very nice but simple puzzles. Mister X puts too much anxiety.
  51. Feb 1, 2020
    There's a nice blend of realism and classic Resident Evil ridiculousness. The story sort of wavers between scary and stupid, but I'm ultimately OK with that. The gameplay is incredible, and that's what counts. The entirety of the police station (in both the first and second run) is one of the best experiences I've had playing a survival horror game - especially when the infamous TyrantThere's a nice blend of realism and classic Resident Evil ridiculousness. The story sort of wavers between scary and stupid, but I'm ultimately OK with that. The gameplay is incredible, and that's what counts. The entirety of the police station (in both the first and second run) is one of the best experiences I've had playing a survival horror game - especially when the infamous Tyrant "Mr. X" appears. After the police station, each playthrough seems to wrap up rather quickly. It would be nice if the rest of the game were as fleshed out as the police station, but it's still loads of fun. I'm looking forward to the RE3 remake. Expand
  52. Mar 30, 2020
    The game have a few problems. But it comes back to do what RE games have to-do. Show you in a situation where you are almost defenseless and with almost no resources. You have to survive with all that you can save. The problem is the bosses who are just a pain in the a** and a bullet sponge. Alongside with it, the story was messed with continuity problems. But RE2R is the best RE afterThe game have a few problems. But it comes back to do what RE games have to-do. Show you in a situation where you are almost defenseless and with almost no resources. You have to survive with all that you can save. The problem is the bosses who are just a pain in the a** and a bullet sponge. Alongside with it, the story was messed with continuity problems. But RE2R is the best RE after Code Verinica. Expand
  53. Dec 18, 2019
    To be honest, this was my first time ever playing a Resident Evil game and to say I was blown away would be an understatement. I love this game from top to bottom and it was probably among my favorite video game experiences ever, which is saying a lot. Everything from the inventory management, to the puzzle solving, to the shooting mechanics, to carefully planning my routes gave me one ofTo be honest, this was my first time ever playing a Resident Evil game and to say I was blown away would be an understatement. I love this game from top to bottom and it was probably among my favorite video game experiences ever, which is saying a lot. Everything from the inventory management, to the puzzle solving, to the shooting mechanics, to carefully planning my routes gave me one of the best experiences I've ever had playing a game. Definitely my favorite game of 2019 and probably in my personal top 3 favorite games ever! Would recommend to everyone. Expand
  54. Nov 20, 2019
    A remake that looks like a whole new game but doesn't loses the original core and essence of the game, implements new mechanics and perfect the already known ones to innovate and at the same time still be Resident Evil at its best not leaving the survival horror elements aside for the action aspects of the game like previous deliveries of the franchise.
  55. Dec 6, 2019
    That's how a remastered should be done. One of the best horror games to date. Smooth gameplay, feels oldschool but is unique in it's own way. Must Play for every Resident Evil or horror genre fan.
  56. Feb 23, 2020
    It is frustrating, can be monotonous, and adds very little to the experience of the original. but it also takes the core gameplay, which is very much a game of navigating maps, memorizing locations, figuring out maps and managing resources, and makes it as good as you remembered the original to be, but if you go back now and play the original you are shocked that it once impressed you.
  57. Feb 10, 2020
    Oh boy, how much I hate scary games. And yet, I finished RE2 twice already and I can’t wait to sink my teeth into grinding that platinum trophy. My second favourite game of 2019.
  58. Apr 4, 2020
    Must play, almost perfect and keeps lot of content from the original game..
  59. Jun 30, 2020
    Great gameplay that is very tense and fun. Especially once Mr. X comes in an ramps up the tension. But bosses can be weak and I wish that the other areas in the game had the depth to them that the police station had.
  60. Nov 19, 2019
    THANK YOU Capcom for giving the world a good example of how a old dog plays new tricks!!! MUST PLAY seriously!
  61. Dec 9, 2019
    One of the best games of the decade, and the best Remake ever. The graphics are beyond good, the story is still one of the best in the RE Franchise, and the new combat is amazing. Playing as Leon and Claire is fantastic and the enemies are visually stunning.
  62. Feb 18, 2020
    An awesome game. Some things are annoying like there is no way to get shotgun and kill them all. But I think other games exist for such gameplay. Before playing this game I've bet Resident Evil 1 HD Remastered and I would say that developers made totally the same atmosphere but with modern mechanics. Looking forward for the 3rd part.
  63. Dec 3, 2019
    Capolavoro assoluto c'è poco da dire ..ha tutto quello che un fan della serie voleva
  64. Jan 10, 2020
    This game is amazing. I love it. The company shows everyone how to make remake game. The scenario is very good, the atmosphere is amazing, graphics are awesome. Gameplay is very good. You can feel too much things about the game. In this game everything is awesome. Everyone need to try.
  65. Dec 31, 2019
    El juego es magnifico, es una buena reinvención del Resident Evil 2 original, pero no es un remake 1:1 del original y no solo por el cambio de algunas localizaciones o por los cambios en los puzzles, la historia tiene sus diferencias con el original. Tiene unos modos extra muy interesantes y están bien por si el juego te ha dejado con ganas de mas como es mi caso. Como punto negativo he deEl juego es magnifico, es una buena reinvención del Resident Evil 2 original, pero no es un remake 1:1 del original y no solo por el cambio de algunas localizaciones o por los cambios en los puzzles, la historia tiene sus diferencias con el original. Tiene unos modos extra muy interesantes y están bien por si el juego te ha dejado con ganas de mas como es mi caso. Como punto negativo he de decir que las campañas de Leon y Claire son exactamente iguales en lo que al recorrido se refiere, exceptuando los enfrentamientos que son distintos en cada campañas, las cinemáticas de cada personajes también son distintas pero el juego para ambos es el mismo. Expand
  66. Dec 4, 2019
    Demasiado bueno, la tematica es genial, puzzles muy buenos grandes escenarios, todo encaja en el titulo, totalmente recomendable
  67. Dec 3, 2019
    Masterpiece is really the only word i can use to adequately describe this project. Every facet is brilliant.

-The Graphics and the new RE Engine has been buffered and worked on since its RE7 debut and its out of this world -Voice acting is great (looking at you Marvin :) ) - Level Design is amazing and backtracking done just right -The atmosphere is perfect. Its scary. -Gameplay

-Voice acting is great (looking at you Marvin :) )
    - Level Design is amazing and backtracking done just right
    -The atmosphere is perfect. Its scary.
    -Gameplay mechanics feel so good. Mr X comes at just the right time as your getting used to the station to put you back on edge. Ammo is scarce. The game is tough but fair.

My one gripe is I wish the puzzles were more difficult some can be too simple.

I love RE2. Go play it.
  68. Feb 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a new player who did not play the original, this game is delightful. In terms of graphics and gameplay, everything is great. The music and atmosphere is great. After completing the game 2 times (that’s how much it needs to be completed to complete the plot), I thought it was 10/10, but the plot had serious failures, because You didn’t play a parallel story, but an alternative one. Be prepared for this. (It didn’t affect my impression, but still). Before my review, I found the review in a negative way, and in particular, I was ready to agree with it. Because I didn’t play the original, I didn’t know that if you took a bag and a unique weapon for Leon in the first passage, then in Clair 2, they would not be there. Thus it can be said that
    Capcom was tricked. But despite this, this is a great remake and to feel it, put hardcore :) My rating is 9/10. Enjoy the game)
  69. Jan 27, 2020
    Leon and Claire quickly became my two favorite characters in the series. And even now, they still remain my top two.
    Leon: The rookie. With more skill than the well ventured officers. And Claire, the attractive, energetic girl, both taking the top spot of the series.
    I loved that this game had two different campaigns, both leading back to one another. You get to see what both characters were up to, while returning back to one another.
    The puzzles were good, but I felt like they got a little drawn out towards the end of the game. Yet I still really enjoyed the game. Adding Mister X, hunting you down the entire game, most definitely added a huge kick to the horror aspect to the game. Or at least, really built up a lot of the suspense.
  70. Nov 16, 2019
    Una joya, el mejor Survival horror de la generación, cámara en 3persona sobre el hombro que te sumerge en el juego, zombies a los que temeras, una dificultad hardcore muy buena, Mr X más implacable y peligroso que nunca, gráficos increíbles y a 60fps y 4k en one X
  71. Jan 29, 2020
    esse jogo é brabo, pqp, não platinei porque não tive paciência, mas é dos bons.
  72. Nov 10, 2019
    This game is must play i like evreything about it it is really fun game to play
  73. Mar 26, 2020
    Its the best game horror in 2019 and the best remake in the world in playstation 4 and in all platform for resident evil 2 remake
  74. Dec 17, 2019
    Just as good as 20 years ago, maybe even better, a hell of a lot scarier for sure
  75. Oct 31, 2019
    Really good game! awesome capcom ..........................................
  76. Nov 2, 2019
    El análisis está en español e ingles. The analysis is in Spanish and English.

Capcom vuelve a hacer otro magnífico remake de resident evil, en esta ocasión , la segunda entrega de la saga. Si jugaste al original, lo disfrutarás más, pero también los nuevos jugadores pasarán un gran rato jugando a este juego. A continuación voy a analizar el juego en todos sus apartados. JUGABILIDAD.
    El análisis está en español e ingles. The analysis is in Spanish and English.

JUGABILIDAD. Jugablemente este título es casi perfecto y mejora por mucho al original.

HISTORIA. La historia es un poco peor que en el original ya que suprimen el escenario B a favor del escenario 2. Además siguen las incoherencias del original.

DIVERSIÓN. La diversión en este juego empieza con el primer zombie al que enfrentas, manteniéndose hasta el final.

GRÁFICOS. El juego luce espectacular y muy fluido (60fps)

SONIDO. La banda sonora del original era perfecta. En este juego han decidido quitar la música para poner sonidos y ruidos ambientales. El doblaje al español es bastante bueno.

DURACIÓN. La primera partida te puede durar 10h, pero estas aumentan con los distintos modos de juego que tiene y su gran rejugabilidad.

La conclusión es que este re2 remake es una obra maestra y juegazo que supera al original menos en la historia. Muy recomendado. Mi GOTY 2019, antes de probar Death Stranding.

Capcom returns to make another magnificent remake of resident evil, this time, the second installment of the saga. If you played the original, you will enjoy it more, but also the new players will have a great time playing this game. Then I will analyze the game in all its sections.

Playability Playably this title is almost perfect and greatly improves the original.

HISTORY. The story is a bit worse than in the original since they suppress scenario B in favor of scenario 2. They also follow the inconsistencies of the original.

FUN. The fun in this game starts with the first zombie you face, staying until the end.

GRAPHICS. The game looks spectacular and very fluid (60fps)

SOUND. The original soundtrack was perfect. In this game they have decided to remove the music to put sounds and ambient noises. Spanish dubbing is pretty good.

DURATION. The first game can last 10h, but these increase with the different game modes it has and its great playability.

The conclusion is that this re2 remake is a masterpiece and great game that surpasses the original less in history. Highly recommended. My GOTY 2019, before trying Death Stranding.
  77. Nov 8, 2019
    Un obligatorio de esta generación. RE2 es mi favorito de la saga y no sé si puedo añadir algo a lo que ya se ha dicho de este juego, solo puedo decir que ha pasado con creces mi filtro de autismo y que supera con creces cualquier espectativa. Capcom lo está haciendo y está superandose enormemente estos años haciendo obras de calidad... ¿Quien lo diría, verdad?
    Por ponerle una nota, le
    Por ponerle una nota, le daría un 9/10, no lo podría comparar con el original, porque cada uno... tiene su toque.

Le pongo un 10 a la Ada Wong de este remake ;)
  78. Nov 8, 2019
    Best ever game. I played almost all the new games, but this one is absolutely genius.
  79. Nov 8, 2019
    Wow, no way capcom made this game after a lot of disappointed games of the franchise, its a must play definitely
  80. Dec 7, 2019
    Great game and great remake, gameplay is beautiful, graphic is awesome... It would have been a perfect game if it wasn't for the story and the B scenario who felt a bit rushed and incomplete compared to the original...
  81. Nov 9, 2019
    A remake done right, thank you Capcom for this and your rapid rise in great game making!

This game first of all is beautiful, from the gore to the amazing facial features on the characters. It looks almost like real life and sometimes I get lost in the game believing I am watching a movie play out. The game excels in the horror genre as well, jump scares done right and how can anyone

The game excels in the horror genre as well, jump scares done right and how can anyone forget the imposing Mr. X chasing you down with his loud footsteps echoing through the gorgeous locations. One of the most horrific moments of gaming history.

The story is amazing just like the original, with a few changes which make the game more interesting and re-playable in my opinion

The Second run although not as good as the original second run is still amazing which unlocks new weapons and the true ending, it is also re-playable as most likely you will want to do all runs with both the characters which are my favourite in the franchise Claire and Leon.

This is a must for zombie or horror gamers which won’t let you down, this is Capcom at its finest but also 2019 at its best.
  82. Nov 10, 2019
    This is one of the best resident evil game in series is not just remake it's like a new game.
  83. Nov 10, 2019
    A great remaster, when playing is easy to remember childhood playing on a tube tv sitting on the floor and in fear, the graphics are very good, sounds, puzzles, gameplay all very well done, eagerly waiting for 3.
  84. Nov 14, 2019
    Impresionante que un Remake de un juego que salió hace 20 años logre recobrar la grandeza que la saga había ido perdiendo con el tiempo. El terror en el juego está más presente que nunca a su propio estilo unico y diferente que lo hacen un referente dentro de la misma industria. El gameplay es perfecto. la historia por desgracia es intransigente y es mejor si simplemente la adelantas, noImpresionante que un Remake de un juego que salió hace 20 años logre recobrar la grandeza que la saga había ido perdiendo con el tiempo. El terror en el juego está más presente que nunca a su propio estilo unico y diferente que lo hacen un referente dentro de la misma industria. El gameplay es perfecto. la historia por desgracia es intransigente y es mejor si simplemente la adelantas, no merece la pena ponerle atención. Expand
  85. Nov 19, 2019
    Great game although it lacks variability between the different scenarios that the original had.
  86. Nov 21, 2019
    They actually did it, a true horror game that i waited for so long, great graphics, good jumpscares you don't expect them to come!
  87. Dec 1, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome game. If you're a huge fan of the the PS1 REs, you'll definitely feel nostalgic about this one, and if you're playing it for the first time, you'll have a great experience on the genre. Expand
  88. Dec 3, 2019
    Every Resident Evil game is a good one. Great gaming experience, you can see the love and work they put into this game. Many thanks to everyone who worked at this game.
  89. Dec 3, 2019
    this game is so good for remake version, good job capcom you make me feel nostalgic and happy
  90. Mar 25, 2020
    O jogo é realmente muito bom, eu adorei principalmente o sistema de dano que é simplismente incrivel. Eu espero que vocês continuem com essa mentalidade para os proximos resident evil, principalmente no 4 que é o meu favorito
  91. Dec 5, 2019
    They took Resident Evil 2 and remade it from the ground up. Very well made. I can't wait to see what they do with Resident Evil 3.
  92. Dec 7, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Omg, this game is absolutely amazing and awesome game ever i playing.. it is very scary. i have no problem with shooting zombies with many bullets.. Sound and voice acting are great.. graphic look stunning especially atmosphere details on everything i see.... Story and opening intro are great.. Thank You : Capcom for incredible job on this game. Please do remake for RE 3 Nemesis with Jill Valentine for PS4 and PS5 Expand
  93. Dec 8, 2019
  94. Dec 9, 2019
    Uma obra prima, simplesmente o único jogo que me fez ter uma sensação diferente esse ano
  95. Dec 10, 2019
    I played the version for nintendo 64 way back in the day. I love how they stuck with most of the same elements. This game was definately worth every cent and its one ill replay over and over.
  96. Dec 11, 2019
    What can be said ?, the combination of the best zombie game created by Capcom at the time, as it expanded the universe created in that mansion in the arklay mountains with the playability of the beloved Resident Evil 4 that was a revolution at the time together with the incredible graphics of the RE Engine that came from the hand of Resident Evil 7, this resulted in a jewel for bothWhat can be said ?, the combination of the best zombie game created by Capcom at the time, as it expanded the universe created in that mansion in the arklay mountains with the playability of the beloved Resident Evil 4 that was a revolution at the time together with the incredible graphics of the RE Engine that came from the hand of Resident Evil 7, this resulted in a jewel for both players of the 90's and for new players who had not given an opportunity to the original title either by the graphics or For the classic tank type gameplay of 1998, keeping in mind that it is more a reimagining than a remake is appreciated since they gave a touch of realism to different situations that in the original felt forced or simplistic, but it was understandable by the limitations of the consoles at the time, I am very comfortable with the title, super recommended and now that the '' remake '' of 3 has been confirmed I am very glad that I will relive another classic the best way possible. Expand
  97. Dec 12, 2019
    Damn this game is masterpiece It scares the **** out of me when MR X arrives
  98. Dec 12, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best remake ever! I like everything about it. I would have added the spiders but even this way the game is perfect Expand
  99. Dec 19, 2019
    Love all of the character design and stage design...etc. Voice acting is amazing; get me more into the gameplay. Game combat movement is quite simple, but makes sense; that creates fun-the enjoyable value. It reminds me of the 90’s retro game that is unrealistic but much more fun than 2000’s realistic game. I feel not satisfied with story volume(hope just a little more), especially the BLove all of the character design and stage design...etc. Voice acting is amazing; get me more into the gameplay. Game combat movement is quite simple, but makes sense; that creates fun-the enjoyable value. It reminds me of the 90’s retro game that is unrealistic but much more fun than 2000’s realistic game. I feel not satisfied with story volume(hope just a little more), especially the B scenario and B's Ending(looks so quickly done). But, I enjoyed it a lot overall. I also strongly wish that capcom made a Claire Redfield Statue like the Leon have. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 85 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Dec 11, 2019
    The atmosphere of horror is overwhelming and proves that in 2019 there is a place for a Resident-like story in which the modern visuals heighten and not lessen the fear. It’s the best Resident Evil ever. [03/2019, p.40]
  2. Jun 29, 2019
    The stunning graphics, incredible survival horror combat and wonderfully eerie setting make picking up a copy of Resident Evil 2 a no-brainer.
  3. Mar 14, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 is a wonderful recreation of a believed original that, not only recaptures the glory of that game, but also improves upon it from a visual and gameplay standpoint. All in all, don’t miss out on this one.