7.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Apr 28, 2015
    Resident Evil Revalations 2 may seem as a "triumphant" return to the series root but in reallity is just one of the many half-baked attempts from Capcom to disguise a very simple shooter as a survival horror game with unnecesary mechanics that just accentuate this game issues.

For startes Co-op in a horror game does not work, period. All the isolation and sense of helplessness is lost if you have either a player or IA on your side and it does not help that the Co-op is terrible.

There are 2 main stories: Claire and Barry and each one has a partner, while playing as Claire you are joined by Moira Burton and unlike previous entries the characters play differently wich would be great if the secondary chacters abilities made some kind of sense.

Claire is your typical RE character, she can carry guns and execute melee attacks when prompted, Moira on the other hand can't use guns, her only method of attack is with a large iron bar and her "special" ability is being able to execute monsters/zombies with it while they are stuned in the ground. So Claire can carry guns, but does not know how to stomp a enemy's head or use a iron bar? Even worse when Claire is finally upgraded she can execute them herself making Moria even more worthless and turning her into a walking prop.

Even worse is Barry's partner wich is some random girl that acts like a radar, allowing you to see special enemies, and that'sit she can't even defend herself making her an Ashley 2.0, why not having an in game radar instead of a useless character that virtually serves no propurse whatsoever.

Because of that actual Co-op with a friend is practically imposible, If one player chooses Claire the other one is just a pack mule, away from the action ocassionaly killing some enemies, and with Barry well the other player does nothing at all.

The two player mechaninc does not even work that well while playing by yourself Instead of having one capable character from the get-go you are forced to change to another for insignificant tasks.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is just more of the same bland RE, wich fails to deliver a horror experience as well as a Co-op one.
  2. Nov 21, 2015
    this game..oh boy. i only played part of episode 1 of RE Revelations 2 on ps4 (since it's now free) but wow... it's hard to find words to describe how bad this game is.. the graphics are outdated, the character designs are ugly and unnatural (with the worst being Moira.. is she an alien or something? her legs are double the length of her torso and head combines as well as this as sticks..this game..oh boy. i only played part of episode 1 of RE Revelations 2 on ps4 (since it's now free) but wow... it's hard to find words to describe how bad this game is.. the graphics are outdated, the character designs are ugly and unnatural (with the worst being Moira.. is she an alien or something? her legs are double the length of her torso and head combines as well as this as sticks.. she walks like she's trying not to pee herself with her legs turned inward all the time like how a child just learning to walk looks, her head is tiny and all this combined leaves me confused if she suppose to be a really tall 13 old girl or a 23 year that dresses like slutty punk high schooler and hates her dad... for reasons i guess) the controls of moving Claire is awkward, the voice acting is terrible (not having Alyson Court as Claire despite her being the voice of her from her first appearance in RE2?.. she could have made up for the horrible voice work for Moira) no.. this game is beyond help.. and it's just the first episode.. i couldn't imagine playing all the episodes or actually paying for it... the only thing this game could get a passing grade on is that the tone is closer to survival horror the the series has been since RE4 threw that out of the room for some reason. Don't but this garbage.. you wanna play a good RE game with Claire in it?.. play RE Code Veronica or RE 2 instead.. way cheaper and waaaay more fun then this congealed garbage is. Expand
  3. Jun 15, 2015
    worst in the series by the book

ok the rolling out the way thing is not good in this game it basicly says you can roll about 1cm away from the enemy and that will not stop the enemy or trap from killing you

I liked if you press a button on screen maybe nex time they think about doing these things
  4. Aug 27, 2015
    I went into this game expecting something amazing. I have been down on Resident Evil since OP Raccoon city and RE6. Then I took a chance and got RE Revelations 1 for my PS3 and was in love. I feel like that game is exactly what Resident Evil should be by today's standards. So naturally when I heard about a sequel to the Revelations sub-series I was more than excited for it. WellI went into this game expecting something amazing. I have been down on Resident Evil since OP Raccoon city and RE6. Then I took a chance and got RE Revelations 1 for my PS3 and was in love. I feel like that game is exactly what Resident Evil should be by today's standards. So naturally when I heard about a sequel to the Revelations sub-series I was more than excited for it. Well unfortunately I got something I wasn't expecting. How many of you played the Last of Us? That game is brilliant and no doubt one of the best single player games you can play. Now what would you think if I told you Capcom more or less made the same game but with everything interesting about it stripped away or poorly imitated? Well they did and it's called Resident Evil Revelations 2. With in the first 15 minutes I'm going head to head against a handful of infected guys who act very similar to the infected from LOU, even seem inspired appearance wise. Here I am sprinting full speed unloading a makarov into these dudes and slashing them with a combat knife. As soon as the fight finishes you already have a shotgun and enough ammo to wage a small war for both your guns. You try to get your teammate to pull her weight and she won't use a gun because reasons. So all she is willing to do is carry a flashlight and whack guys with a crowbar *yawn*. Then you get to Barry and funny enough his companion is a little girl that kills infected with bricks and helps you spot enemies and plan attacks. Seems familiar huh? Anyway this game is completely uninspired trash. It does it's best imitation of an award winning game and does it terribly. If I wanted to play Last of Us I could of popped in the definitive edition. Apparently if I want to play Resident Evil I have to fire up Revelations 1 on my PS3 or play the HD remaster of Resident Evil 1. If you want Resident Evil survival horror look some where else because you won't find it here. Even just taking this game for what it is, you'll be a lot happier just playing the Last of Us because it's actually a fully fleshed out game with a way better story and identical gameplay. Expand
  5. Jun 15, 2015
    This is the absolute worst game I have ever played. I played through almost all resident evil games (5) was the best, I didn't even mind playing (4) and (6), but this one was a disgrace to the gaming community. It's a survivalist game where half the characters can't even use an effing gun... I mean seriously? The biggest disappointment of all is that it was a capcom game, and I love capcom games.
  6. Mar 18, 2015
    Uninspired environment, bland enemies, and same old recycled gameplay we've seen a thousand times. How does Capcom get away with this? I am being kind giving it a 5, only because it sort of made me jump once. Not even my 4 year old was scared when the monsters jumped out. I had to scare him off instead due to the gratuitous foul language.
  7. May 18, 2015
    This will be my first and last resident evil game. The storyline sucked, and the bonus modes that are needed for plat sucked.

What the hell is the point of playing a game where you don't know where the enemys are unless playing as a specific character that doesn't fight? And then getting wrecked. Invisible mode is the stupidest thing i've played in awhile.

Countdown mode was ok and normal.
  8. Nel
    Jun 29, 2017
    an episodic game which feels very cash grabby, and does not live up to the older resident evil games. The game is just a filler in between the original games, and the co op experience is horrific.
  9. Dec 1, 2021
    Okay game, but tries waaaaaaaay too hard to be edgy with the lamest unnecessary obscene language content which makes Resident Evil 1 look like it has a good script.

Raid mode is the meat of the content, and pretty much the only thing worth playing.
  10. Aug 2, 2016
    The game itselft is ok. Way more survival horror than RE5 or RE6. But the ending ruined it for me. I hate bad endings, especially when you have to do, as is in this case, a little specific thing (that they give you no tip) in the middle of the game to get the good one. BE ADVISED: read some spoiler free guide or something before the third chapter. I find the conclusion of a game veryThe game itselft is ok. Way more survival horror than RE5 or RE6. But the ending ruined it for me. I hate bad endings, especially when you have to do, as is in this case, a little specific thing (that they give you no tip) in the middle of the game to get the good one. BE ADVISED: read some spoiler free guide or something before the third chapter. I find the conclusion of a game very important to the experience, and i dont want to replay half of the game to get the good ending. Expand
  11. Jun 17, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RE:R2 is a shallow game

This game is a blatant example of the corruption in video game reviews and increasingly lowered standards of players

Prior installments of the resident evil franchise would require large amounts of backtracking to solve various puzzles throughout the game. Resident evil Revelations 2 brings backtracking to a bare minimum creating fairly linear levels. The few puzzles this game does have tend to give the answer to the player in such a blatant manner that it undermines any accomplishment the player might have from solving the puzzles. This pandering to the lowest denominator of players causes the puzzles that do appear in the game to just being a short inconvenience and nothing of substantial challenge. The game will also throw a new enemy at you similarly to a mini boss, after defeating it they will appear more frequently yet be vastly weaker than the first time encountered. This can occur almost immediately after defeating the first creature robbing the player of any satisfaction from killing a new foe. The diversity of enemies has also been brought down to a bare minimum. A franchise known for ridiculous creatures including giant spiders, snakes, and even a train, has limited itself to only humanoid monsters with the occasional large humanoid monster. This lack of diversity causes fighting enemies to become instantly repetitive and bland.
    The player will traverse through a series of locations that in their own could be found scary, yet due to spending little time in multiple settings the game fails to expand and truly develop each location, causing the game to never establish a true atmospheric sense of horror. The only “horror” felt from atmosphere will be from the unknown, which after a few minutes of wandering around or by finding a map will dissipate almost instantly. There are several different locations in the game and on their own would sound like great locations for a horror theme, the main problem with this game is it can’t commit to a single location causing each one to never be used to its full potential and ends up feeling shallow and pointless. After a while it becomes easy to never even notice the setting or location. The tension of the game is even further diminished by specific music playing when an enemy is near or if every enemy is dead causing the game to become very predictable.

If you can play through a game without ever utilizing or feeling as though you need a specific mechanic that mechanic is almost completely pointless. In terms of single player this is the case with the non-combative side characters during the game. It is incredibly easy to never switch between characters unless the game requires it to solve a puzzle. In terms of co-op if characters do not have the same abilities they need to still be considered equal in some way or form, otherwise appeal to playing a character becomes shallow and one character will end up simply being a nuisance. It could be considered equal once the characters’ abilities have been fully upgraded, though that requires most likely beating the entire game beforehand. The design of the characters can be argued as stylistic but what cannot be defended as stylistic is the poor lip sync during non-prerendered cut scenes.
    Resident Evil Revelations 2 follows the more recent trend of games in which the priority is “looking cool” and the story telling suffers at that expense, it becomes shallow. It appears almost every action movie cliché can be found in this game to such a degree it becomes completely predictable depriving the player of any drama or suspense. Several moments in the game lack any form of depth leading to anticlimactic sequences and loss of any real feelings of development.
    Warning Spoilers!
    As a player, we are experiencing the same series of events as the character. Depriving the player of specific motivations for the character will then lead to the choices made by that character to appear pointless. A side character was traumatized by an accident with a gun and refused to use guns because of this. Due to the player not experiencing this through cinematic or playthrough this will cause dissociation from that character and their decisions. Explaining actions through expositional dialog is arguably the laziest form of storytelling. Later in a moment of desperation the character uses a gun to kill a boss, this moment is completely robbed of any feelings of conflict or character development due to the lack of experiencing the driving factors in that character’s decisions. The same can be said about that entire boss fight. It was hinted moments before the mentioned fight that the main character could have been romantically interested in the boss character. This was never properly established causing players to be denied any drama from the fight. Lastly this game like many before is plagued with the crutch of their one established antagonist. Wesker
  12. Aug 29, 2017
    I bought this game to play co-op with a friend bacause both of us are RE fans. What a waste of time, probably if you play solo you enjoy it more, but the co-op is terrible, only one player can shoot and the other only explore, or open doors, or see invisible monsters. By the way, the second player is invincible... If i played it solo, my score would be a little higher but that was not the case
  13. Sep 25, 2020
    I didn't like the game in everything.
    Claire's face is terrible
    The monsters didn't like it. The plot is not my type.
  14. Dec 28, 2021
    Para mí, el peor juego de toda la saga canónica principal de Resident Evil. Un multijugador fallido en el que el segundo jugador solo tira ladrillos o enchufa con la linterna a los zombies. Una historia muy poco elaborada y con personajes nada interesantes. La jugabilidad no es mala porque se basa en la tercera persona y la cámara sobre el hombro de Resident Evil 4, pero ni con eso sePara mí, el peor juego de toda la saga canónica principal de Resident Evil. Un multijugador fallido en el que el segundo jugador solo tira ladrillos o enchufa con la linterna a los zombies. Una historia muy poco elaborada y con personajes nada interesantes. La jugabilidad no es mala porque se basa en la tercera persona y la cámara sobre el hombro de Resident Evil 4, pero ni con eso se salva. Comete el mismo error que el 5 y el 6, es decir, mucha acción y poco terror o survival horror. Me costaría rejugarlo, cosa que no me pasa con casi ningún Resident Evil. Duración aproximada: 15 horas Expand
  15. May 14, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't like at all that the main antagonist of Lansdale was not killed or he was not turned into a monster, so it would be more interesting and these new three characters, such as Vester and O'Brian and Luciani did not like at all, they are very ugly and boring and it is a pity that they were not killed in the story. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 4, 2015
    It has its strengths, including some pretty cool monster design and fun puzzles, but by and large, almost everything it does has been done better by another RE title.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 26, 2015
    Doesn't save the series, but doesn't condemn it further. Great with a co-op buddy, or if you like the score attacks. Only passable as a solo, narrative-driven experience. [May 2015, p72]
  3. Games Master UK