Feb 24, 2017On paper, then, Ride 2 is an exciting proposition that bundles the promises of aspirational game design with the raw power and fun associated with motorbikes. Unfortunately, those promises are broken and the resulting game falls flat. Unless you're so enamoured with two-wheeled machines that you simply can't help but pick yourself up a copy, you should wait for a new contender to try its hand at delivering a biking game of this scope.
Mixed or average reviews- based on 44 Ratings
Oct 10, 2016For motorcycle enthousiasts, there is not much to complain about ride 2. It might not be the most beautiful game and the presentation could beFor motorcycle enthousiasts, there is not much to complain about ride 2. It might not be the most beautiful game and the presentation could be a bit more spectacular. But when it comes down to riding, bike and track selection, this is just pure fun. To me, the most important improvement over its predecessor are the greatly improved load times. For all car arcade racers: It is a motorcycle game and a semi-simulation. Don't expect to go around corners like in ridge racer or you will be disappointed.… Full Review »
Apr 6, 2017I'm a hardcore fan of racing games and a real life biker. I owned the previous game and I'v been playing this one for months now.
What II'm a hardcore fan of racing games and a real life biker. I owned the previous game and I'v been playing this one for months now.
What I like:
- First player mode mechanics are much more engaging, since now you have to earn medals to unblock other events in different categories.
- There is much more content for single player, Including special international events and championships. So there is a lot more incentive to play for many hours.
- Crashes look cool at last! They look realistic and really cool for the first time ever!
- Loading times have really improved.
- Bikes look cool (still not brilliant, could improve a lot for a ps4 game) and handling is brilliant.
- The rider animations and physics are the best in a bikes game so far. It's incredible how cool it feels. If you are morbike fan you will love it. I own one of the Ducatis you can pick in this game and I love it!
What I dont like:
- The AI is very annoying. This is the worse issue in this game for me. They smack into you constantly when arriving to tight corners and force you to replay over and over.
- In the main UI for the game, the small map indicator where you can preview corners, is pretty bad. It needs to be positioned somewhere else and it needs to be zoomed out cos I can never see the corners coming up. I have to end up memorizing the tracks.
- Some powerful bikes, like the panigale 1299, are extremely sensitive to wheelies. Even with antiwheelie to the max, its almost imposible to accelerate in 1st and 2nd gear. It's a bit too much and ends up being quite fustrating in my opinion.
- Customizing the bike is something really cool, but by now its got a bit dated, it would be cool if you had options to more expensive and efective performance pieces. I'm sure it would improve the core gamepay and improve incentives to complete races.… Full Review »
Apr 2, 2017This game is gorgeous. Awesome. Gran Turismo for motorbikes, except this looks much better. When you are watching a video of the race you justThis game is gorgeous. Awesome. Gran Turismo for motorbikes, except this looks much better. When you are watching a video of the race you just finished, it actually looks better than Milestone's promo pictures! Virtual bikes have never been this glorious before. Even Valentino Rossi the Game, Milestones jewel, an official Moto GP simulator, cannot beat Ride 2. Many may not agree, but I like the spirit of Ride 2 more.
The game has enough difficulty options, everyone can learn to ride it. Physics feel believable enough. For me it was a little bit more difficult than virtual car racing in the beginning, took about an hour to learn basic driving in easy mode, but you will propably be faster, I'm an old fart.
If you love bikes, you will love Ride 2. Gorgeous vehicles, awesome road sceneries, true to life race tracks. Ride 1 was somewhat unfinished, the sequel is finished and polished **** A1 game. Riding feels fast and furious. Of course when you sit staring at a monitor... it can't be anything like riding a bike physically, oh why I wrote that boring no-brainer. But when you are doomed inside, there's -15 celsius outside, and the summer is just a far-off dream, Ride 2 can save your mental health.
I recommend this game.… Full Review »