3.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jul 14, 2015
    After a two year break, EA Sports makes it's way back on the green with the release of McIlroy PGA Tour. If you are a big fan of golfing games like myself, this is welcome news. My very first golfing game was simply titled Golf, which was released in 1984 for the Nintendo Entertainment System.

This game was built completely new from the ground up for the Xbox One and PS4 systems using the Frostbite Engine. This engine has been used in making games like Mass Effect and Battlefield, but it is the first time it has been used in making a sports title. You can really tell the difference the Frostbite Engine made in this me. If you do a side by side comparison with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, which was released two years ago, the difference is night and day. Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR looks absolutely amazing. Little things you may have never noticed before in a golf game will now stand out and catch you eye like never before.
  2. Jul 14, 2015
    No review, still waiting on Fed Ex but I have a response. Of all the reviews not one states poor gameplay or visuals just lack of extras. A few more courses would be nice but that still can happen. Extra can always be added. I heard gameplay and visuals are excellent. I am disabled and can't play real golf and 'Golf Club' sucked so I'm keepin game cause at the end of the day golf is aboutNo review, still waiting on Fed Ex but I have a response. Of all the reviews not one states poor gameplay or visuals just lack of extras. A few more courses would be nice but that still can happen. Extra can always be added. I heard gameplay and visuals are excellent. I am disabled and can't play real golf and 'Golf Club' sucked so I'm keepin game cause at the end of the day golf is about mechanics not how many different colored golf balls are in the game. Expand
  3. Jul 19, 2015
    I absolutely love this game, Its just what the next gen needs, a decent golf game. There is lack of character customization etc and yes they have took a lot of modes out from the old ones. I am thoroughly enjoying it, Its fun on Multiplayer playing with your friends, There is also fun challenges to do. There has been some glitches i have come across, But hopefully they will get fixed.
  4. Feb 15, 2016
    The gameplay is perfect, we now have seventeen courses, and the graphics are good. For twelve of the queens pounds, happy days. It's fast to play, challenging and good for a quick dip or a tour.
  5. Jul 22, 2020
    Underrated game. Nice gameplay, quite real and well-designed. I can’t underatand why the rating is so low. I had almost all the Tiger woods videogames for playstation and it is by far the closest version.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 33 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 28, 2015
    No Tiger, no party? Not really, since Rory Mcllroy is still a good golf game and the best one on the market. Unfortunately, it's also a big waste of potential, since it's a very traditional product that stays true to its roots.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Sep 5, 2015
    Sometimes mechanics aren't enough. [Sept 2015, p.95]
  3. Games Master UK
    Sep 1, 2015
    McIlroy's future is as promising on the virtual greens as on the real ones. [Sept 2015, p.74]