6.1

1. Nov 5, 2015
    The developers of Roundabout had a great basic gameplay mechanic of having a continuously rotating object navigating around obstacles. This was the developers only good idea. The other ideas like live action cutscenes, no challenge or incentive to do well, terrible mini games, cheat settings that make things more unfun, or collecting money for useless limo hats were terrible ideas.

I

I normally don’t think story and cutscenes are that important but the cutscenes surpass cringe and go into repulsive territory. They have the production of a 90’s corporate training video and are not even terrible in a fun way.

The basic mechanic is fun and quickly mastered but there is nothing to use it in but repetitious routes across the same map. With no real penalty to dying, I found myself carelessly pounding through a level to be “rewarded” with another cut scene. What is needed is something where you have to achieve a certain rating and collect stars to progress.

You might think I am being hyperbolic but I truly believe this might be easily the worst game on Playstation 4. Please do not buy unless you really have terrible taste in video games.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Jun 10, 2015
    On the PlayStation 4, there's definitely still fun to be found in this highly stylised game, but the novelty soon wears off if you play it in long bursts.