7.7

1. Aug 25, 2020
    Its fine, If you played games similar to this one you'll see it borrows a lot. For example Jack's normal combo is just Mondo's from killer is dead. I think the most upsetting thing about the game is there is not much to say about it. Its very great value character action. Also i hope you enjoy either early samurai jack or season 5 because that covers most of the stages in the game.Its fine, If you played games similar to this one you'll see it borrows a lot. For example Jack's normal combo is just Mondo's from killer is dead. I think the most upsetting thing about the game is there is not much to say about it. Its very great value character action. Also i hope you enjoy either early samurai jack or season 5 because that covers most of the stages in the game.

Otherwise there is only really 2 things that urk me.
    -certain enemy types do not care if they are off-screen they are still going come over and attack you usually with something that'll knock you down.

-The game has a collectible that there is no checklist to be found. The game implies it important but it never came back up for me.
  2. Aug 27, 2020
    Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time is a very simple action game with trivial mechanics, it tries to increase the depth of the combat system through the introduction of alternative weapons and a rich skill tree, but without great success. At the normal difficulty level you have to be really unscrupulous to incur the game over screen and the five hours+ necessary to complete the campaign slipSamurai Jack: Battle Through Time is a very simple action game with trivial mechanics, it tries to increase the depth of the combat system through the introduction of alternative weapons and a rich skill tree, but without great success. At the normal difficulty level you have to be really unscrupulous to incur the game over screen and the five hours+ necessary to complete the campaign slip away without leaving much. Although the graphics seem really dated, as well as the level design, everything appears very faithful to the original cartoon. If you are passionate about Samurai Jack, then, you might perhaps turn a blind eye. Expand
  3. Aug 25, 2020
    Quem gosta da serie também vai gostar deste jogo, sistema de combate e jogabilidade muito boa.
    O único factor negativo é a longevidade, jogo muito pequeno.
  4. Aug 24, 2020
    Es increible, un juego de samurai Jack realmente recomendado en especial si te viste la serie animada.
  5. Aug 23, 2020
    O melhor da serie !!!O melhor da serie !!!O melhor da serie !!!O melhor da serie !!!O melhor da serie !!!O melhor da serie !!!O melhor da serie !!!O melhor da serie !!!
  6. Aug 28, 2020
    Honestly the game is cool until you crank up the difficulty and get shot to death by the enemy that just back steps and then shoots you a billon times... the amazing samurai warrior out sped by the terror of the green big robot that can shoot a million green lasers and then back step. What’s better than one anyone enemy with a **** ai. Try 10 in one mob and hope you don’t get hit and dieHonestly the game is cool until you crank up the difficulty and get shot to death by the enemy that just back steps and then shoots you a billon times... the amazing samurai warrior out sped by the terror of the green big robot that can shoot a million green lasers and then back step. What’s better than one anyone enemy with a **** ai. Try 10 in one mob and hope you don’t get hit and die with full health cause they all have full auto lasers and just back step all day if you are getting shot by more than one green **** bot you can easily got from full hp to dead in a matter of seconds. Did this game even try with the enemies?Btw the sword sucks fat cock. Expand
  7. Aug 23, 2020
    8.7 on my rating scale but rounding to 9 here...

8.7 on my rating scale but rounding to 9 here...

Samurai Jack: Battle through Time was a nice, fun, little adaptation from its once very popular source. I had watched season one before the release of this game and I'm glad I did because it allowed me to understand what the developers were trying to accomplish. Graphics fit the art style from the television series, the sound and original voice acting keeps the charm needed to make this game a hit. Gameplay was solid but near the ending could get repetitive as waves of enemies come at you before your final showdown with the all mighty Aku! Loved this game and I'll certainly play it again and discover every secret and obtainable item throughout the world.
  8. Aug 24, 2020
    Incredibly hard. I played it on medium difficulty, but changed it to easiest cuz it was too hard. Guess what, easiest was also hard. I had to grind a lot for the arrows and the heals, and in the final fight I was stuck there without any heal. I restarted the whole stage, I had no heals. Nowhere to get heals from, I was stuck there forever. The story let's say is good but the gameplay isIncredibly hard. I played it on medium difficulty, but changed it to easiest cuz it was too hard. Guess what, easiest was also hard. I had to grind a lot for the arrows and the heals, and in the final fight I was stuck there without any heal. I restarted the whole stage, I had no heals. Nowhere to get heals from, I was stuck there forever. The story let's say is good but the gameplay is terrible. And at the beginning I rated it 10... Expand
  9. Aug 23, 2020
  10. Aug 22, 2020
    그래도 꽤 할만했습니다.
    타격감이나 액션, 전투씬이 엄청 훌륭하다 정도까지는 아니지만, 그래도 꽤 재밌다 정도입니다.
    그래픽이나 그림체가 미국 애니메이션 그림체의 사무라이 RPG게임이다보니 참신했습니다. 이런 그림체가 흔한 편은 아니니까요.
  11. Aug 23, 2020
    Not the most complex game ever made, but i find it generally fun with quite a few good elements.
    The story is nothing special, it is a bit of an expansion on the show's final season.
    The graphics visibly try to mimic the look of the show, which can look bad at some points, but the gameplay is fast enough so that it is not very noticeable. The gameplay in itself is entertaining if you like character action games, although it doesn't have that level of complexity.
  12. Aug 23, 2020
    Difficulté mal dosé, hitbox craké, stun lock abusé tel sont les ingrédients d'un mauvais jeu, dommage.. Il n'a que sont charme nostalgique et des cuts scene un peu sympa..
  13. Aug 23, 2020
    Boring combat and extremely linear levels makes this game feel like it came out in 2006, not 2020. Pass on this one
  14. Aug 25, 2020
    This is an amazing Samurai Jack game. The combat is tight and varied, the story is actually canon to the series, and the graphics and animation are top tier. This is for any fan of Samurai Jack, or classic platforming games in general.
  15. Sep 1, 2020
    Damn, do I love it when expectations get exceeded. While “Samurai Jack” wasn’t one of the shows I watched the most as a kid, I did enjoy what I saw of it, and I do think it’s very compelling. The fact that the series finally received its final season in 2017, and that it ended up earning so much positive talk, was only icing on the cake. But when “Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time” wasDamn, do I love it when expectations get exceeded. While “Samurai Jack” wasn’t one of the shows I watched the most as a kid, I did enjoy what I saw of it, and I do think it’s very compelling. The fact that the series finally received its final season in 2017, and that it ended up earning so much positive talk, was only icing on the cake. But when “Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time” was announced, I kinda just scratched my head in confusion. The sudden announcement of a new “Samurai Jack” game made me worried that it would simply be a cash-in on the show’s popularity, and when I saw the gameplay…it just seemed off. There was something about it that wasn’t grabbing me, and I didn’t have very high expectations going into it. And that’s why it’s with great happiness that I report to you guys…I liked it!
    “Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time” will certainly not bring anything new to the table: it’s a simple, by-the-books action game that, at times, feels like a more kid-friendly alternative to “Ghost of Tsushima” in its combat. But, while it’s not reinventing the wheel, the one thing it is doing is providing fun, exciting action gameplay. Though I made the “Ghost of Tsushima” comparison, the game hearkens back a bit to older action games, but does so charmingly, with solid combat mechanics and variety. I also didn’t expect the game to have as much depth as it does, but damn, does it. There’s a lot of content to unlock and learn here, and it makes the game a real winner. While I didn’t think I’d care for the visual design at first, I do think it handles the move to 3D pretty decently, and I also appreciate that the game handles the source material with respect. The story is good, the writing is solid, and the overall package here is good stuff.
    It’s not perfect, though: beyond that whole “it brings nothing new to the table” thing I said earlier, the game is definitely really short, and I also would’ve liked it if there was a little more variety to it, specifically in the boss fights. Very few of them are very memorable, and sometimes, it’s kinda boring just fighting bigger versions of the enemies you just fought. I would’ve liked if the bosses were a bit more interesting, instead of the repetitive boss design we got.
    Other than that, though “Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time” is a pleasant surprise, and in a year like 2020, it’s kinda nice to have one of those. Even if it’s not the greatest game to release this year, it’s an enjoyable time that I recommend for “Samurai Jack” fans, as well as those looking for a solid, linear action game. With how short it is, I wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to wait for a price drop, but I still suggest you play the game. If you want proof that licensed games can still be good when handled with genuine love and care, look no further than “Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time.”
    Final rating: 7 out of 10 “Good”
  16. Aug 31, 2020
    Graphics are f**kin' foggy, lurid obnoxious... Sound FX: are annoying, loud - exhausting, and *not* satisfying at all.

Gamplay... NEEDS work. Go play: Ghosts of Tsushima, or Sekiro.
  17. Oct 3, 2020
    Another game fanboyed by Esport tryhards. The game overly difficult even on easy. The fight consist of getting over ran by bullets and flying enemies that make you flinch over and over where you can't move until you die (literally every fight after 3rd level). Who thinks that playing a game like this is fun? Why make the game so hard and enemies so spammy and unfun? (May as well put yourAnother game fanboyed by Esport tryhards. The game overly difficult even on easy. The fight consist of getting over ran by bullets and flying enemies that make you flinch over and over where you can't move until you die (literally every fight after 3rd level). Who thinks that playing a game like this is fun? Why make the game so hard and enemies so spammy and unfun? (May as well put your controller down and let the enemies kill you because you will just flinch every hit and the enemies just keep spamming shurikens at you until you can't move at all) fanboys love this game just because it is a samurai jack game. Look at this combat on this game. It sucks. Combos won't stop until you finish the combo so if you have to block or dodge you can't during an attack. (so once you start an attack if the enemy attacks you, your going to get hit). Trash game ruined by tryhards. Expand
  18. Sep 3, 2020
    This is a fabulous game, considering what team was working on it. I didn't expect the most deepest lore with a million details and location. It was nice to see Jack again and to be honest the gameplay is just amazing. The combos, the weapons, they all feel gorgeous and are pretty well balanced. The difficulty system is pretty great (Aku final battle was pretty hard). Overall, it is a greatThis is a fabulous game, considering what team was working on it. I didn't expect the most deepest lore with a million details and location. It was nice to see Jack again and to be honest the gameplay is just amazing. The combos, the weapons, they all feel gorgeous and are pretty well balanced. The difficulty system is pretty great (Aku final battle was pretty hard). Overall, it is a great nostalgic game, with the same beloved camera tweaks and charismatic characters. Expand
  19. Aug 29, 2020
    This is one of best games i have play in this year! A classic hack n slash gamplay, beautifull art and epic music, please play this game!
  20. Sep 5, 2020
    Начнем с того что что игра сделан по одному из любимых мультфильмов детства,хоть тогда я не все серии посмотрел,но что смотрел отлично помню.
    Основываясь на этом я был очень приятно удивлен и обрадован тому что по нему выйдет игра,первая за сколько там лет...лень гуглить,ну я и купил.
    И я не чуть не пожалел,разрабы отлично переместили вселенную из 2D в 3D. Мне особо понравились
    И я не чуть не пожалел,разрабы отлично переместили вселенную из 2D в 3D.
    Мне особо понравились задники,они выглядят очень классно,это еще места где Джек уже побывал.
    Если говорить за сюжет,он идет по альтарнотивному пути,что отлично,так что без спойлеров.
    До чего можно докопаться это пара моментов.
    1. Боевка она с одной стороны разнообразна,но кроме магического меча все остальное,ну такое и оно ломается.Есть еще притензия к некоторому импакту от оружия,но это можно привыкнуть.
    2.Босы есть интересные,есть не очень.
    Вообщем хорошая игра на 10 часов.8/10
  21. Sep 14, 2020
    Well, bought the game after some of these reviews and I am ending up a bit disappointed. Game itself simply isn't polished, dialogs and storytelling is shallow, models debatable. Most of the encounters you can trivialise by simply jumping and smashing triangle, also that bug leg weapon animation makes you invulnerable, basically making train boss fight trivial. This is a 20$ worth game,Well, bought the game after some of these reviews and I am ending up a bit disappointed. Game itself simply isn't polished, dialogs and storytelling is shallow, models debatable. Most of the encounters you can trivialise by simply jumping and smashing triangle, also that bug leg weapon animation makes you invulnerable, basically making train boss fight trivial. This is a 20$ worth game, which would be even fair to end up as free for plus members. However I would recommend a play through for real samuraj Jack fans. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 19 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 14, 2020
    Sure, at its core, Battle Through Time is a retelling of the TV series with some deviations, but it absolutely nails what makes Samurai Jack a modern animated masterpiece, and it was a delightful surprise to play through.
  2. Sep 11, 2020
    Jack is back, with a story fans will love, a welcome return of the original voice cast and surprisingly deep gameplay. The graphics are plain ugly though and the price tag rather steep, especially if you consider the game's short length.
  3. Sep 6, 2020
    Not very enthralling and without particular flashes.