7.4

1. Feb 13, 2016
    Let's get this out of the way first; this is the best rally game on consoles in a decade. With that done, let's look at a few things this game does well, and what it does not so well. The stages here are a vast improvement on Milestone's previous WRC efforts. What were once flat, wide, and boring stages in Milestone games have become tight, narrow, twisty challenges. Each location isLet's get this out of the way first; this is the best rally game on consoles in a decade. With that done, let's look at a few things this game does well, and what it does not so well. The stages here are a vast improvement on Milestone's previous WRC efforts. What were once flat, wide, and boring stages in Milestone games have become tight, narrow, twisty challenges. Each location is unique and offers its own style that needs attacking in different ways. The car selection also isn't bad. While I feel there could be a few more selections from the 1995-2005 era, what is on offer isn't sparse. The handling is also vastly improved over Milestone's WRC 1-4. It is however not perfect. Bogging under steer battles with snap oversteer on the same car depending on stage being run. And while possible to dial some of this out with setting adjustment, the presets that come in the game for each specific stage are usually not great (especially for the Tarmac rallies). The graphics, well, it's Milestone. They are never going to be Codemasters. They are what they are and it's what you take with the smaller budget studio that is Milestone.

On PS4 I haven't really experienced the frame rate issues that others have been reporting for the PC version, but there is one glaringly bad thing that I feel detracts from the game: the pace notes. They are utterly inadequate, and there is very little consistency with the call distance. I have it on regular, which is mostly fine. However on certain stages there will be flat out portions with a large radius turn coming up. The code over will call out a 6 Left + so you say "ok I'll keep it pinned" as you start the turn, the co driver finishes his call, and then says "into 3 right - tightens".... Well I'm already going flat out so maybe a "caution" or a lengthier lead time on the call out would be better. The pace notes also don't convey near enough information compared to Richard Burns Rally or the older McRae games. There are very few call outs for keeping in/out or left/right over crests/jumps. Maybe one of these calls per stage on average, which is atrocious. Rally driving is all about where the car is set up in order to attack the turns, and with no co driver help you are left using the rewind feature more often than you should have to, or simply memorizing the entire stage, for every stage. This is not what a rallying game should be.

That being said, I applaud Milestone for the lengths of the stages themselves. Too often we see games where a 3 minute stage is normal, and 5 minutes getting towards the long end. I've had a few 8+ minute stages which is getting to the level of believability for real life shorter stages. Kudos to Milestone for that.

At the end of it all, this is a solid effort from Milestone and I feel the break away from the official license had done them wonders. I used to always say, "fool me three/four times shame on you Milestone... Fool me five..?" But after initial hesitation and waiting to read some early reviews I took the plunge again and Milestone did not disappoint. Bravissimo!
  2. Mar 3, 2016
    I bought this game as a gift for one of my friends and he had the chance to play it yesterday all day long. We just couldn’t stop! Awesome game! The physics in Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo are much better than that and in every possible way and I like having fifty cars or so in the garage. Everything from WRC to JWRC, hill climb PWRC, rally cross, and Group B
  3. Mar 9, 2016
    I had the chance to play this game a few times and I really loved it! I enjoyed my time spent driving off road with that car! Thank you Milestone! I know there are other rally games outside, but this mix really took me, and with my T300 is awesome. Don’t know if a simulation or if the physics is right , but I have lot of fun with it.
  4. Feb 1, 2016
    This is a really good rally game, but it isn't the best. I would recommend this game to actual fans of rally and people who actually know about the legendary Sebastien Loeb. Fans are going to like it because of the absolute wealth of content. The driving itself is more like Dirt Rally where there's more simulation than arcade although this game is a lot easier than Dirt Rally. However IThis is a really good rally game, but it isn't the best. I would recommend this game to actual fans of rally and people who actually know about the legendary Sebastien Loeb. Fans are going to like it because of the absolute wealth of content. The driving itself is more like Dirt Rally where there's more simulation than arcade although this game is a lot easier than Dirt Rally. However I would like to tell non-fans to go buy WRC 5 instead as it's more arcade like and better for new comers to rally. Expand
  5. Jan 30, 2016
    I've been playing SL Rally evo since my PS4, pre-install, went active last Thursday night at midnight. I haven't got any complaints with what I've seen so far, just positives. The wheel ffb is great, the physics are better than any rally title that's gone before it (on console, including previous gen), and the realistic stages are superb.

I'll be getting the console edition of DiRT

I'll be getting the console edition of DiRT Rally, but in the meantime, I'm very happy to have SL Rally evo in my motorsports collection.
  6. Apr 2, 2017
    The stages look fantastic and achieving competitive times is very difficult and often frustrating. Unlike WRC 4, Milestone's last rally game, the cars in Rally EVO are very difficult to drive and behave realistically. Be prepared to invest some time mastering them. This is not a title for those looking for an arcade driving experience. One criticism, the engine sounds could be louderThe stages look fantastic and achieving competitive times is very difficult and often frustrating. Unlike WRC 4, Milestone's last rally game, the cars in Rally EVO are very difficult to drive and behave realistically. Be prepared to invest some time mastering them. This is not a title for those looking for an arcade driving experience. One criticism, the engine sounds could be louder and the audio overall is quite lackluster. Expand
  7. Feb 19, 2016
    Really great! I love it. I-m a fan of rally and this is really great value. I recommended to all my friends and rally lovers. Congrats Milestone from me and my club!
  8. Feb 25, 2016
    A rally lover? I know I am! I couldn’t wait to play it and this game really does fulfill my expectations! It’s really awesome! So many cars, and historical too, not just the modern ones! Lots of contents with an eye on authenticity.
  9. Mar 27, 2016
    One of the greatest rally games that I have ever played! I will for sure choose to try also the next game you guys will create! The Career and Loeb Experience modes offer a challenge for all rally fans. And I like the challenges in the game, you can drive elimination races, perfect trajectory or sector challenges, together with the usual events such as Hill Climb and Rallycross. And PikesOne of the greatest rally games that I have ever played! I will for sure choose to try also the next game you guys will create! The Career and Loeb Experience modes offer a challenge for all rally fans. And I like the challenges in the game, you can drive elimination races, perfect trajectory or sector challenges, together with the usual events such as Hill Climb and Rallycross. And Pikes Peak is good! Expand
  10. Apr 1, 2016
    I enjoy this game. It certainly required couple of patches to fix worst glitches. Proper wheel is needed with some adjustments, but after those its all good. Driving physics are there, cars feel different, mistakes are yours... There is learning curve, but it always feels that there's connection to how it should be in real life (taken that I've never driven rally car), so if you likeI enjoy this game. It certainly required couple of patches to fix worst glitches. Proper wheel is needed with some adjustments, but after those its all good. Driving physics are there, cars feel different, mistakes are yours... There is learning curve, but it always feels that there's connection to how it should be in real life (taken that I've never driven rally car), so if you like arcade this might not be for you. Definitely better than most reviews let you think. Expand
  11. Sep 12, 2016
    el juego de conducción que más me ha divertido desde Gran Turismo 4

tramos, copiloto, coches, físicas, forcefeedback, todo eso raya a un nivel excelente, una pena que no tenga un apartado gráfico y sonoro mejor, entonces ya sería un juego de 10
  12. Mar 10, 2019
    So, I’m a late comer to this title but have been very pleasantly surprised. It does have a handful of annoying shortcomings but overall is excellent. The car physics are excellent. If you’re coming from other rally games particularly those from Codemasters you will need to give yourself time to convert from the ‘shopping trolley’ physics of those titles. In SLRE you need to balance theSo, I’m a late comer to this title but have been very pleasantly surprised. It does have a handful of annoying shortcomings but overall is excellent. The car physics are excellent. If you’re coming from other rally games particularly those from Codemasters you will need to give yourself time to convert from the ‘shopping trolley’ physics of those titles. In SLRE you need to balance the cars and use weight transfer to control the car effectively, just as IRL. The Loeb Experience section is an excellent addition to this title. FFB is ok’ish, which still puts it light years ahead of the recently released Dirt Rally 2. The negatives for SLRE are sound, which is quite poor, controller settings are fairly basic, graphics passable, co-driver calls way too late (thank goodness for rewind), and no manual windscreen wipers which is glaring oversight as it renders the onboard camera useless on the dusty stages. I really hope they make another title as DR2 is horrible. Learn to drive the cars and you will get many hours of satisfaction from Sebastion Loeb Rally Evo. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. May 3, 2016
    Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO is a solid racing game that offers a mostly basic racing experience with a few unique twists.
  2. Apr 6, 2016
    Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo is a pretty good racing game with a lot of good ideas. If you are a fan of this sport, you should give it a try.
  3. Apr 2, 2016
    Sebastien Loeb’s Rally EVO is a decent enough rally game that shows off high production value here and there, but unfortunately not in its visual fidelity.