8.0

1. May 31, 2019
    Only for those that are strong, Sekiro has a very steep learning curve but once you get it, the combats and explorations are unique.
  2. Sep 14, 2019
    Los nuevo de From Software llega con un tono diferente pero familiar.

Se abandona la personalización de personajes para ofrecernos una historia más desarrollada con nombres y apellidos. La primera toma de contacto es asequible, pero poco a poco todo se complica por la exigencia de entender el combate y como funciona este. Bloqueo, deflect, ataque imbloqueable, estocada, mekiri,
    Los nuevo de From Software llega con un tono diferente pero familiar.

La primera toma de contacto es asequible, pero poco a poco todo se complica por la exigencia de entender el combate y como funciona este. Bloqueo, deflect, ataque imbloqueable, estocada, mekiri, barrido, agarre,..
    Entender todo esto de primeras es abrumador, pero cuanto mas juegues mas entenderas y más disfrutaras el combate. El cual es muy satisfactorio y mucho más directo que en los Souls.

Los escenarios pueden pecar de falta de originalidad al encontrase todos en una misma región, y el ligero folclore que se añade tampoco llega a crear una gran diferencia.

Posiblemente sea el juego más exigente del estudio. Aunque no creo que sea necesariamente el mejor.
  3. Apr 30, 2019
    People continue to compare this to Dark Souls. This is not Dark Souls or Bloodborne, never wanted to be. It must be judged as a game apart from the usual Souls games.

It's absolutely awesome as a game if you consider it as Sekiro and not as a "Worse Dark Souls".
  4. Apr 10, 2019
    From Software has done it again. In my opinion, no developer better delivers the tense, heart-pounding, yet rewarding action that From Software has provided in each of its major titles over the last decade. Is it challenging? Absolutely. However, at the same time it is extremely fair. If you die, it wasn't due to bad luck, it was due to your poor performance. The game requires you toFrom Software has done it again. In my opinion, no developer better delivers the tense, heart-pounding, yet rewarding action that From Software has provided in each of its major titles over the last decade. Is it challenging? Absolutely. However, at the same time it is extremely fair. If you die, it wasn't due to bad luck, it was due to your poor performance. The game requires you to brush yourself off, get back up, and try again with the knowledge you just gained. I prefer games that respect my intelligence and ability, while making available all the tools and hints I need to piece together a strategy to overcome a difficult situation. Sekiro does exactly that.

I've spent approximately 30 hours or so in the game and have achieved one of several endings. I'm already looking forward to jumping back in for a second run to find everything I may have missed the first time around. Since this is not a full-fledged RPG like previous titles, customization is not at as high, which may hurt replay value some. However, it still provides excellent enemy variation, skill trees, and prosthetic tool upgrades to spice things up. The story is much more defined. The world and level design is incredible, as you'd expect from From Software.

Ultimately, it's an incredible game. However, if you don't like challenging games or are a person that gets frustrated easily, you might be better off steering clear of this game. Or i'd at least make sure you have Youtube handy to find tutorial videos as needed.
  5. Apr 26, 2019
    This is first and foremost a From Software title. What it is not is a Soul Borne game. This is the mistake that most people are making going in to this game. This game is a credit to how good the developers at From Software really are. They have made genre that has set a standard in the gaming industry that most hardcore gamer's have come to respect. Sekiro is proof that the developersThis is first and foremost a From Software title. What it is not is a Soul Borne game. This is the mistake that most people are making going in to this game. This game is a credit to how good the developers at From Software really are. They have made genre that has set a standard in the gaming industry that most hardcore gamer's have come to respect. Sekiro is proof that the developers don't have to keep making the same kind of game to make a good game. Sekiro has the difficulty of a Souls game and a few other of its traits but for the most part it is it's own thing. It sets out to be a trying test of your skills and patience Samurai game and it does it 100% ! Sekiro is set in dark war torn Japan that is very realistic with a touch of fantasy thrown in. In that it is still a very beautiful fully realized world. It aims to test your skills at every turn, which it does very well. This is the kind of game when you take out a mob or kill a mini boss you feel as if you have just conquered something great. If you have patience and the want to be pushed to your limit Sekiro is for you. When you come out on the other side you can actually feel proud because you have accomplished something that so many will give up on. Prepare to not have your hand held! Expand
  6. Jun 25, 2019
    I've played and beaten every From game since Demon's Souls and Sekiro is tied for my favorite next to Bloodborne. It is frustrating that the gaming community is so toxic that people arbitrarily will review bomb such a flawless game as Sekiro, but unfortunately there are a lot of bad reviews that fall into one of two camps:
    1) The wrong person bought this game. Someone who isn't interested
    1) The wrong person bought this game. Someone who isn't interested in a very challenging game that requires resourceful attention and application of all of the game mechanics and practice. This game will exercise your wits, strategy, reflexes and patience. If that sounds unenjoyable then why buy it?
    2) People who have become overly attached (obsessed) with one particular title in the Souls series and doesn't want From to stray from the formula. We've already had 4 incredible souls games that adhered to the same mechanics. Sekiro is extremely refreshing in this regard, and allows you to focus more on the action and the story than navigating confusing menus. The new movement options are excellent.
    If you don't fall into either of the two camps above you will enjoy this game. If you do you shouldn't blame From for creating a game tailored to a specific audience.
  7. VTL
    Sep 24, 2019
    This is From Software !!!! No soy objetivo en este juego, es from software, todo se ha de comprar... lo siento jejeje.
    PD: Es un gran juego objetivamente, no dificil, exigente en mecanicas.
  8. Sep 22, 2019
    One of the best game of this decade..period..I dont know why period giving this negative review..
  9. Jun 13, 2019
    This game is awesome. You really have to learn how to approach a battle and it feels amazing when you finally defeat the bosses, your heart rate skyrocket. I recommend it if you are willing to spend hours learning and dying but after some time mastering the moves and facing strong enemies without any fear.
  10. Apr 12, 2019
    Best Fromsoft game I have played! I really enjoyed the Japanese sitting, and i was happy to see that they decided to add story cut scenes compared to BB that left me wanting more story. The graphics are the best I've scene from fromsoft, alot of the environments are beautiful to look at and I enjoyed discovering every book and cranny. The gameplay is tight and fluid, was nice not toBest Fromsoft game I have played! I really enjoyed the Japanese sitting, and i was happy to see that they decided to add story cut scenes compared to BB that left me wanting more story. The graphics are the best I've scene from fromsoft, alot of the environments are beautiful to look at and I enjoyed discovering every book and cranny. The gameplay is tight and fluid, was nice not to worry about stamina. The cam was good enough there was times that it got wonky on me which was probably my biggest complaint. I really like the fact that they let let you remap the button layout which made it alot easier to customize my playstyle. Sekiro is definitely a hard ass but very rewarding, but not impossible to beat. The only real hangups I had was with the final boss which probably took me 10 hours to beat so definitely **** that jerk. Overall the game took me like 50 hours to finish and i beat most the bosses and got 3 of the endings. If you want a challenge pick up sekiro! Expand
  11. Sep 14, 2019
    Another masterpiece from From Software. Not really Soulslike, but still very very good.
  12. Apr 15, 2019
    game it on the pc, the game is well optimized, magnificent graphics, fair difficulty, excellent game, the game's candidate of the year
  13. Apr 10, 2019
    Easily the best souls-like ever made, the combat is finally the way I wanted it, bosses are **** dope, aesthetic is amazing, story is way better than anything before it, traversal is awesome, the best souls-like to date. People giving this game a low score are just bad at it, how can you judge a game by YOUR skill rather than what the game brings? Doesn't make sense, its not a review ofEasily the best souls-like ever made, the combat is finally the way I wanted it, bosses are **** dope, aesthetic is amazing, story is way better than anything before it, traversal is awesome, the best souls-like to date. People giving this game a low score are just bad at it, how can you judge a game by YOUR skill rather than what the game brings? Doesn't make sense, its not a review of your personal skills, its a review of the game. Expand
  14. Apr 23, 2019
    Gameplay : 10 ( Master piece of fromsoftware )
    Bosses : 10 ( The Saint Isshin :))
    Story : 10 ( There is a story in fromsoftware. It is interesting thing :))
  15. May 31, 2019
    Great game from a mastermind
    Great game from a mastermind
    I was consistently frustrated playing Sekiro, but when something clicked, everything sort of fell into place and there was an incredible sense of accomplishment. My frustration was at my own lack of patience or understanding in how a fight worked. I often found that when things clicked with me, I could go from dying early on in an encounter, to beating it barely taking any damage at all. Pushing through to discover the next location was stunning and always worth the perseverance. Unraveling the next thread of the story was fascinating.
    Read more at https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/03/21/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-review/#hlT2bb0GoodT9Urk.99
  16. Sep 16, 2019
    this game would obviously not benefit from a difficulty slider but that makes it unnacessible to a lot of people. Didnt care for the story or the setting though, if you want to play a challenging game I would recommend the souls series.
  17. May 2, 2019
    I already earned all the trophies. This will be a great game if we can customize our character not just changing the ninja tools. Nioh is deeper than this game. The boss fight is still amazing as usual just like other fromsoft game. But this game for me is still a half-baked game, the gameplay is not as deep as soulsborne series
  18. May 8, 2019
    simple y definitivamente otro excelente titulo por parte de FS, la unica pega es el farmeo, en este caso de experiencia pues como en los anteriores por cada punto, se necesita mas y mas experiencia para la próxima
  19. XV_
    Apr 18, 2019
    Is hard to give a review to Sekiro because it has a lot of background behind and is difficult to not think about Souls or Bloodborne, but in the end, as bloodborne did in its own way, Sekiro is its own thing and is really good.

Everything feels familiar but it plays and tells its story very different than its cousins, the combat is great and makes you feel like the previous games lack in that department but for me the story and its characters never grew to the heights of other FromSoftware games, although I was very reluctant to feel sympathy for its main protagonist, in the end I was happy to be at his side.

The game gives you different difficulty settings in a very cryptic way as always, I played the harder mode and there's also a stealth mode which is the "easier" but slower mode, once you understand that you will prefer to dash through enemies and go berserk, because the stealth mode is kind of awkward and tedious.

As far as the presentation, the graphics are good but not great, and aside from a few ones which are beautiful the boss fights aren't as remarkable as they could be, the music didn't work that good for me because maybe I'm very ignorant of Japanese music but I really couldn't tell apart that a lot of tunes, which is a shame because the main composers of the previous games are here.

Even though is not that remarkable as the other FromSoftware games, is very good and better than a lot of other AAA games from another companies, I strongly recommend that if you're a FromSoftware fan check it out, and also if you are up to some challenge, is hard but not impossible and even you're almost alone in this game never forget to praise the sun.
  20. Apr 25, 2019
    From Soft have done it again, with new IP they have brought in new take on the souls like. Sekiro is very different from souls like game. First time, the game has story which every one can understand. The combat is completely different from other games, the enemy health bar is smaller but the posture bar is bigger and in your face to tell you that its the most important feature of combat.From Soft have done it again, with new IP they have brought in new take on the souls like. Sekiro is very different from souls like game. First time, the game has story which every one can understand. The combat is completely different from other games, the enemy health bar is smaller but the posture bar is bigger and in your face to tell you that its the most important feature of combat. There is a single weapon in game. There are now skills passive and active which you unlock via skill points. You earn skill points only by killing enemies and bosses. If you die, you loose half of XP earned. There is also currency now from which you can buy items. There is no other weapon but the prosthetic arm does the role of secondary weapon. There are different types and which can also be upgraded by collecting crafting materials. The bosses are all human level except for few bigger ones. Overall the game is not for everyone, if you can parry then this game is easy else its makes boss fight tough since you need to learn boss moves and see for a opening. Definitely this game is 10 of 10. Expand
  21. Jul 29, 2019
    Really liked the game, played it twice, at first i was struggling and almost put the game down but i continued playing and it was a lot of fun, this game really needs you to git gud, my biggest advice in playing this game is don't give up
  22. May 31, 2019
    Another Fromsoftware masterpiece.This game is a breath of fresh air but still has the souls formula in terms of difficulty and progression.This game can not be placed in the soulsborne genre due to many differences in gameplay,the combat in sekiro is one of the best i seen and is soo fun, it may be more complex than the past fromsoft games but it is soo beautiful and addictive.DeflectingAnother Fromsoftware masterpiece.This game is a breath of fresh air but still has the souls formula in terms of difficulty and progression.This game can not be placed in the soulsborne genre due to many differences in gameplay,the combat in sekiro is one of the best i seen and is soo fun, it may be more complex than the past fromsoft games but it is soo beautiful and addictive.Deflecting attacks and responding to different "Perilous Attacks" never gets old.Note that this game (like most fromsoftware games) is pretty difficult,but never to the point where it is unfair in my opinion.This game is probably my favorite fromsoftware game to date.

I just wished that there was more boss variaty because most bosses are reskins or you fought them before.Nevertheless, this is a great game for TRUE FROMSOFTWARE FANS!
  23. Aug 4, 2019

Hikâyenin düzgün anlatılmaması haricinde bol boss savaşı, vuruş hissiyatı, keşif, boss savaslarından sonra yaşadığımız tatmin hissiyati, oynanış çeşitliliği gibi ögeler Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice'ı harika bir oyun yapıyor.
  24. Jun 5, 2019
    FromSoftware always tends to amaze people and this time they did it again! Sekiro: Shadows die twice is an amazing game! It has awesome soundtracks which fit right into the atmosphere, it has quite possibly the most realistic samurai swordplay in all of gaming! The boss fights are glorious they are tense, challenging and epic. Sekiro's story is not that great but its certainly not bad itsFromSoftware always tends to amaze people and this time they did it again! Sekiro: Shadows die twice is an amazing game! It has awesome soundtracks which fit right into the atmosphere, it has quite possibly the most realistic samurai swordplay in all of gaming! The boss fights are glorious they are tense, challenging and epic. Sekiro's story is not that great but its certainly not bad its pretty damn good!

Verdict: In the end Sekiro is an amazing challenging game from the awesome Japanese devs FromSoftware. If your into challenging games with glorious gameplay, boss fights and an intriguing story than you should definitely buy sekiro!
  25. Jun 10, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very subtle story telling, as you expect from from software games the story is hidden and distributed into different pieces, you have to uncover it yourself. brutal and punishing game play again as expected. I liked the prosthetic arm, vertical movement it brings and the fast paced fighting. graphics are beautiful but the resolution doesn't look good on ps4 pro. I liked the level design and the Japanese atmosphere, even though Bloodborne still represents the peak of Fromsoftware games in terms of design and atmosphere. boss fights are extremely difficult but as you memorize their move sets you can beat them at the end. Expand
  26. May 3, 2019
    Great game! If you're thinking of trying this game, expect the game to be difficult.. This game will test you, and will keep testing you.
  27. Sep 4, 2019
    Top de FromSoftware, gráficos y jugabilidad excelentes, un poco por debajo la banda sonora, pero un juegazo.
  28. May 30, 2019
    This a launcher new line games from software And this game is very cool even in spite of its unjustified severity
  29. May 2, 2019
    Just another masterpiece from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Of course lore is not so close to non japanese players but it still awesome. And what is great that after beating Bloodborne, all Dark Souls series - it's still difficult to cope with the game. It's an evolution in soulsborne genre and it's some kind of fresh air after those endless and similar Ubisoft sandboxes.

P.S.: Isshin Ashina

P.S.: Isshin Ashina (Immortal Severance ending) is probably the hardest boss in video games :)
  30. May 9, 2019
    This was my first fromsoftware game, and it was brilliant. Great character design feeling of freedom in where you go despite being quite linear, and the combat is fantastic as long as you're prepared to fail before succeeding
  31. May 18, 2019
    As a Dark Souls veteran, I found this game’s combat and environment infectious. It took the challenge to a whole new level beyond Souls and Bloodborne, and I’m never one to back down.

The environment is beautiful. It’s inspired, and comprehensive, much like any souls game, but perhaps most similar in its’ singular theme to Bloodborne. What I mean by that is most of the areas do look to be of the same world, unlike the stunningly different areas of dark souls, but within that, the vistas are highly varied with rooftops, castles, plains, jungles, caves, etc. Each new view is perhaps more beautiful than the last.

While you never get a different primary sword to play with, you have plenty of abilities and arm attachment to vary up the combat and overall play experience. These can either be very useful or entirely useless depending on how you choose to play the game. I found it most fun to take full advantage of these abilities and learn to use them as needed as an extension of my base options. This kept the combat more interesting.

The combat in the game is very polished, and actually very diverse, if you let it be. You can truly play most fights many different ways and they are all viable. You can play with a lot of vertical movement and jumps, or with only ground movement and heavy on parries, or you can play the fast shinobi, running around your enemy at high speed landing slices as you pass their flank at high speed. I think the latter can be highly fun, but also very dangerous, and works best when you have high confidence in an encounter and have really learned the enemy moveset. The point is you can fight many different ways and they all work, and that’s awesome.

Now about the combat difficulty.. well it’s hard. Very hard. And it’s different. Just because you are good at Souls does not mean you will have anything close to resembling an easy go at this game. The main issue with the combat is, it can be broken. There are ways to attack enemies with highly aggressive approaches that I think break the intended flow of combat on most bosses. With that said, just don’t look up guides. I did not get any guide help and found the fights to be absolutely thrilling. One boss took me 8 hours to beat, and I regret none of it. I got to the point where I knew every move and how to address each one in sequence when to dodge when to parry when to use certain abilities, it became a complicated dance. It was an absolutely thrilling challenge that I’ve never had to quite that extent in any other game.

This combat comes with a downside due to the game’s design. Some bosses have a sort of “final form” once you’ve beaten them that you have to contend with. The issue is, if you best them in a proper fashion, it is a long, difficult process, and then out of nowhere there is a whole new moveset. Learning their previous moveset took hours, and even if you come in to the final form with full health never taking a hit, they can dispose of you nearly instantaneously. That is when the game, for me, goes from thrillingly difficult, to stiflingly difficult. It’s a mechanic that was present in DS and BB, an enrage form, but those games were much more forgiving, and so you could push through it without as much effort.

If you take the easy way out and find combat guides, the combat becomes easier, but also very one-dimensional. You don’t quite cheese the encounters, but you certainly limit their scope, and it doesn’t feel like the way the fight was meant to be encountered. I’d suggest trying each fight on your own, it’s a much better experience.

The lesser, non-boss enemies can likewise be extremely difficult, with certain levels having chains of enemies that are absolutely brutal. The variance among enemies, however, is lacking compared to DS and BB, with most feeling quite similar being almost all humans. It’s my biggest letdown.

Finally, there are enemies which require a certain consumable in order to be hit. This consumable can only be dropped from certain enemies and at very low rates. This is similar to other consumable requirements in other games, but it just goes too far here. It is ridiculously tedious to farm and the end result is you farm for an hour to get a few minutes of fighting in which.. just sucks when it takes so long to properly learn boss fights. It’s my understanding they have done some rebalancing to fix this, though I cannot comment on this as I have not played since the patch.

All in all, it’s an amazing game, and worth the money and then some. It’s not perfect, and it’s not quite the best experience FromSoftware has to offer, but it is beautiful, mostly well designed, and enjoyable, if you enjoy a challenge that is.
  32. Sep 10, 2019
    Fun game, great combat, intriguing story, great atmosphere and graphics. Must get for any Souls fan.
  33. Apr 9, 2019
    As a newbie to the Souls genre I must say - Sekiro is a great game overall !
    As a newbie to the Souls genre I must say - Sekiro is a great game overall !
    Didnt expect it to go that way, I was about to leave it 2 hours into the game after dying for the 30th time, just like i did with Bloodborne.. This game tho I find quite interesting with the fight mechanics, story, progression, art style, setting, high replay value, multiple endings, and even tho I died no less than 500-600 times i finished it enjoying it all the way.
    I hear Sekiro is the hardest of all the Souls games and Bloodborne, which is funny cuz Bloodborne almost made me go mad for two days until I deleted it. Sekiro is fair to the gamer, giving him chance to stay a bit longer until loving it for what it is.
    Artistically it is quite beautiful with all the places having their own unique charisma, all the enemies and bosses are done really good too.
    Only negative i can say is the camera that goes nuts in tight spaces and locked enemies or worse - bosses unlock from your stance and go HAM on you...
    Gameplay is enjoyable with the Deathblows being quite the fun.
    I would definitely recommend Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    - from a new FromSoftware fan
  34. May 4, 2019
    Bloody brilliant, yeah at the start its harder than dark souls but once you get into the deflecting and general game mechanics your golden. What a ride, A must play
  35. May 28, 2019
    Game of the year so far for me. Coming in as a massive Souls fan, the combat takes A LOT of getting used to... but when it clicks it feels great. Apart from the combat though, the exploration elements make a Souls-fan feel quite at home and as with all From Soft games it is DRIPPING with atmosphere.

As with all these games I like to take my time and 'live' the experience, so after pumping about 50 hours in I have now reached the endgame area and feel like I have a proper understanding of the mechanics and the narrative. The story is great, with a few little twists and turns which take it into some very dark areas (both figuratively and literally). The story is conveyed in a far more matter-of-fact way than the Souls games but there is still a lot of environmental storytelling and lore to research... ie the things going on in Fountainhead Palace are not explicitly explained but having researched a bit further, is both interesting and disturbing.

Difficulty-wise, I find the areas themselves a bit easier than that faced in the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games (probably due to the heavily utilised stealth mechanics) but the boss fights (where the player is unable to use stealth) are significantly tougher. I would place Owl Father above all other bosses faced in Soulsborne and apparently Sword Saint Ishin (whom I am yet to face) is even tougher. It literally took me 8 hours and 20 minutes of getting my *** kicked (and around 50 deaths) until I finally prevailed... not looking forward to Ishin! There are also more bosses than other From Soft games due to there being 'mini'-bosses too.

There are four different endings, two of which will probably require some research to ensure that each obscure step is completed at the right time in order to achieve each. So replayability is definitely there too. The only thing I would say is it can be a little too tough for some people with a few of my friends struggling to beat an early mini-boss that is WAY before the actual first boss AND WAY easier. That aside though, I cant wait for the DLC.
  36. Apr 10, 2019
    This game is what Video Games used to be. It builds up your skill to overcome the challenges it presents. Can't wait for From Software next game implementing what they have learned from Sekiro.
  37. Apr 23, 2019
    Si eres un amante de la saga Souls este juego es un soplo de aire fresco con sus muchas nuevas mecánicas ya que es muy diferente a los anteriores títulos y tendrás que aprender a jugar de cero. Querrás perderte en su mundo como cuando jugaste los primeros títulos por primera vez.
    Si no eres fan de la saga pero te llama la atención dale una oportunidad porque puede que encuentres tu tipo de juego perfecto.
  38. Jun 3, 2019
    Story telling, artistry, graphics, and mechanics is 9/10.
    Replay value was disappointing. I didn't want to go through any other playthroughs.
  39. Sep 4, 2019
    It's a new learning these days for gamers. No use crying, gradually the game will show you that if you dont learn it, can't advance. The game rewards you for well done moves and severely punishes you for your mistakes. Several emotions in a game. Hate and peace in 5 seconds hahahah. The gameplay is great, and the graphics simple. Lots of exploration and use of ninja tools implemented perfectly.
  40. May 3, 2019
    This game is not dark souls nor bloodborne, and that's okay. Why? Because From Software has proved that not only can they make a game just as hard as those games, but a game that's a boatload of fun. From what I've played of it, I can tell you it might just be my goty
  41. Apr 29, 2019
    they say '..More pleasessssss.." !!!!
    Lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  42. Oct 2, 2019
    Sekiro is one in my opinion the best game of 2019. The story is a bit hard to relate to if you're not familiar with Japanese culture and history but the game's combat is where it truly shines! It's fun, challenging and incredibly satisfying. There are many different opponents and creatures to fight and they all have their own fighting styles but you don't have to learn boss patterns andSekiro is one in my opinion the best game of 2019. The story is a bit hard to relate to if you're not familiar with Japanese culture and history but the game's combat is where it truly shines! It's fun, challenging and incredibly satisfying. There are many different opponents and creatures to fight and they all have their own fighting styles but you don't have to learn boss patterns and move sets like in previous From software games. If you are generally good and persistent at the game you will win without having to remember anything, yet every encounter feels unique and different. If you like challenges and sheer fun this is the game for you! Expand
  43. May 6, 2019
    Anyone who says that the game is too short is probably rushing the bad ending and not exploring the world.
    This game is as close to a masterpiece as we will see in 2019. The combat is tight, the lore is fascinating and inspired by actual events in Japanese history. The game is clean and crisp. I've had no issues with frame drops or glitches. While the graphics aren't perfect, or as clean as other 2019 titles, I've never considered graphics to be the determining factor in making a game. Honestly the best part of this game for me is the lore. While I love the demands of the combat system, and I will address complaints about that in a moment, and how it has a low entry point in the beginning but ramps up nicely lately, the lore knocks it out of the park for me. With every boss beaten and new area unlocked the world get more and more pleasantly weird.
    I'm seeing people complain about the combat system, there's no combat or play-style variety, you can't build your character how you want, so on and so forth. Apparently these players didn't get that far into the fighting style trees or arts. Just because Sekiro doesn't let you cheese the game with over leveled health bars and wearing the highest poise armor in the game doesn't mean its bad. The game has immense variety in both how you approach enemies and the various tools you use to sway the fight one way or another. Also QTE? I don't see one single QTE in the game, this is seriously confusing.
    Ultimately the game is probably the most welcoming From Soft title to come out in a very long time. The game starts out simple yet the further you progress into the game the more options you have for handling mobs and bosses. The game demands mastery of a variety of skills rather than just being alright at one thing, and punishes you when cannot attempt to rise to the challenge. There's a lot to be learned in this game, and the more you learn and master the more you can enjoy the nuance of the system. Also one last thing, if you go into combat playing re-actively you will be crushed by later bosses. This game is about balance, if you don't get that then fights will be very boring and you will get crushed.
  44. May 1, 2019
    Smooth divergent combat, Boss fights keep getting better and better, Great story line and Sengoku era quote.
  45. Apr 11, 2019
    Miyazaki has created his best IP yet. The Souls series was my favorite gaming series by far, but Sekiro came and somehow managed to be a few levels higher than any Souls game. There is only one thing I enjoy more about the Souls game over Sekiro, the variable worlds you explore in Dark Souls are among the best in video games. Sekiro has less variety in terms of land scape, but man isMiyazaki has created his best IP yet. The Souls series was my favorite gaming series by far, but Sekiro came and somehow managed to be a few levels higher than any Souls game. There is only one thing I enjoy more about the Souls game over Sekiro, the variable worlds you explore in Dark Souls are among the best in video games. Sekiro has less variety in terms of land scape, but man is the gameplay superior in every way.

Sekiro manages to have one of the best progressions in any game I've played. Defeating each boss teaches you new mechanics in the game and familiarizes you with how the combat works. Each boss is a step up from the last all the way up until the end of the game.

Let's talk about the combat, how has no other game had a posture style combat system before? This seems like it should be the standard for a sword fighting game. Sekiro gives you three options when it comes to killing enemies, stealth, vitality hits on person, and building up posture by supplying a lot of blows that aren't direct hits and parrying at the right time to stagger your enemy for a death blow. This posture system is so good I am shocked no games done it before (at least as far as I'm aware). There are really 8 key parts to combat besides the three ways to kill, there is blocking / parrying slashes / parying thrusts / attacking / jump kicking / prosthetic use / deflecting lightning back at the opponent / and dodging grabs and other unparryable / blockable moves. Each enemy gives you a split second to decide which of these 8 things you want to do at any given time, some bosses have combos that can combo with any other one of their combos allowing for near infinite combability. This means some bosses require to learn every individual combo and be able to identify which combo is coming up on the fly because bosses could use 2 or 3 combos directly in a row. This kind of fast play makes it feel too good when you pull it off and makes you want to master it to do so.

In FromSoft fashion we also have plenty of secret areas to explore and numerous bosses / minibosses that are optional. I look forward to DLC and more games in this IP to come, it has become my favorite for sure.
  46. Apr 9, 2019
    Wow. Just wow. They really nailed it this time. Combat is tight, fluid, rewarding. The world is breathtaking and exploration is engaging, exciting and tense.

If there is anything I miss it is customizing the appearance of my character, finding clothing and armor is a lot of fun, and something I would have enjoyed even in this game. All in all, Sekiro is an amazing accomplishment. It

All in all, Sekiro is an amazing accomplishment. It has quickly, yet safely, become one of my favorite games of all time (especially if I put down my nostalgia glasses). I admire the bravery of FromSoftware to dare stepping out of the mold, trying something new and completely owning it. Well done, and thank you!
  47. Apr 9, 2019
    This game might not be for everyone, but I'm really enjoying it. The difficulty definitely requires some getting used to, but once it clicks and you understand the mechanics it makes the fights so much more enjoyable. It's one of the few recent games that rewards patience and practice very well.
  48. Apr 11, 2019
    I love soulborne series, I can be very bias on this one. The disappointing part for me is it does not have multiplayer mode. It isn't like someone say the hardest game ever made, honestly I think Mario is harder than this game.
  49. Aug 22, 2019
    All in all not my favorite FromSoft game but it´s definetly worth playing. Plays much different than the Souls-Series but in terms of difficulty it might be even harder.
  50. Apr 17, 2019
    I dont give the 10 cos its true that you cant replay it like a darks souls, but the thing is that THIS IS NOT A DARK SOULS and it bothers me see lot of negative coments saying that they dont like the game because they wanted a dark souls like instead of this masterpiece of combat
  51. Apr 19, 2019
    To put simply, this game is a masterpiece! From it's look to it's feel it is down right polished! It can be difficult but it's more like a puzzle, memorizing the enemy patterns and knowing how to get past certain attacks. To those who say the game is to difficult and needs and easy mode, if a quadriplegic man can beat it, so can you!
  52. Apr 26, 2019
    From software did it again. Sekiro is a game which ask you to play by its rule, but reward you with the satisfaction when you beat it at its own game.

Cant thank enough from software to keep on making games that are actually games and not going to point A to B and then killing bunch of same enemies for the entirety of the gameplay. Looking at you red dead 2.
    From software is the best
  53. Apr 23, 2019
    Phenomenal experience! I've seen some articles complaining about difficulty but I truly think that Sekiro is one of From Software's most generous games. You have SO MANY options in combat, you can choose to fight your enemy's up close and personal, mastering the art of the parry, you can employ hit and run tactics or you can take a more cautious approach, using your shinobi tools andPhenomenal experience! I've seen some articles complaining about difficulty but I truly think that Sekiro is one of From Software's most generous games. You have SO MANY options in combat, you can choose to fight your enemy's up close and personal, mastering the art of the parry, you can employ hit and run tactics or you can take a more cautious approach, using your shinobi tools and attack skills to whittle down their health bars, tools and attack skills you can even SWITCH DURING COMBAT! Yes, you can pause during boss fights in this game. The boss keeps blocking your spear? Switch up to the firecrackers. Can't seem to block their attacks? Maybe try the umbrella shield. Can't get that doge timing right? Not a problem, you have unlimited stamina in this game, you can literally run circles around pretty much every enemy.

Sekiro is not too difficult, and worrying about how hard it is should definitely not be a reason not to buy. If you can't beat a boss or get past a certain area, trying something different, and keep trying until you are successful. Like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, overcoming seemingly insurmountable challenges is what this game is about, and finally beating it is one of the best feelings in gaming.
  54. Apr 23, 2019
    This game is actually very hard at the beginning. However, when I find the way to beat the enemies and get the learning curve, it becomes a game so satisfying.
  55. May 3, 2019
    The game has a good chunk of what you would expect from a Souls game: High but extremely fair difficulty, amazing animation and movesets from enemies, a LOT to be discovered around the main story (evironment storytelling is back) and bosses that will always test what you have learned so far.

I like to compare SEKIRO to real life, you will fail a lot at something, but each time you fail you will get a little step closer to overcoming your obstacles, until you finally do and you just feel really proud of what you just did.

The only bad thing in SEKIRO is that it does not have the variety the other Souls games have (you can't change your clothing and main weapon), but as FROM SOFTWARE stated, this is NOT a Souls game.
  56. Apr 23, 2019
    Another amazing FromSoft game. Difficult but tons of hidden lore and tidbits. Great swordplay and action as well.
  57. May 16, 2019
    Me encantó este juego, el gameplay es exigente y divertido que te tiene pegado a la pantalla, sin descuidar un segundo por qué mueres, no se podría esperar menos de un juego de From Software
  58. Apr 25, 2019
    A great game and it was good experience for me, hope the DLC can be released asap!
  59. Apr 26, 2019
    Un juego excelente! dificultad variada con cada enemigo, desde los mas débiles hasta los jefes, unos gráficos impecables, una historia que se entiende a la perfección (no como los otros juegos de FromSoftware que había que investigar el lore y hacerse uno su propia historia) una total reinvención de la jugabilidad y lo mejor de todo; su tamaño es de menos de 15gb.
  60. May 3, 2019
    Absolutely incredible game. From Software has outdone themselves yet again. You will die a lot but you simply cannot stop playing because of how fun it is
    10/10 must buy
  61. May 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great game with a great story and incredible soundtrack background Without a doubt one of the best games of this year Expand
  62. May 2, 2019
    Lo mejor que ha conseguido From Software con Sekiro es diferenciarse enormemente de sus otros productos. Tienen cosas muy parecidas y se nota que es su juego, pero es tan diferente de Dark Soul y Bloodborne. Ha conseguido un estilo propio y unas mecánicas muy precisas y que sienten como si fueras un verdadero shinobi. Tiene unas "mecanicas sencillas" (usa la katana para atacar, defiéndete,Lo mejor que ha conseguido From Software con Sekiro es diferenciarse enormemente de sus otros productos. Tienen cosas muy parecidas y se nota que es su juego, pero es tan diferente de Dark Soul y Bloodborne. Ha conseguido un estilo propio y unas mecánicas muy precisas y que sienten como si fueras un verdadero shinobi. Tiene unas "mecanicas sencillas" (usa la katana para atacar, defiéndete, rompe la defensa del objetivo...), pero que necesitas de mucha práctica y de morir mucho para poder dominarlo a la perfección (y no tanto porque llega un jefe que crees que controlas pero te mata). Puede llegar a ser frustrante a veces cuando no consigues derrotar a ciertos jefes pero la satisfacción al empezar a entender sus movimientos y ver que lo estás consiguiendo creo que merece mucho la pena. Un juego que merece la pena. Expand
  63. May 3, 2019
    Otra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por laOtra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por la exagerada dificultad, es cierto que es de los juegos mas difíciles que he jugado, por no decir el mas dificil la verdad, pero justamente esa es la gracia de este titulo, es lo que buscaban para diferenciarse, no es como para votarlo negativo por eso, practicamente todos los juegos del mercado son un paseo, asi que la gente que se queja de la dificultad simplemente que busquen otra cosa, pero que no voten negativo a tal obra maestra, con tanto trabajo detrás, el único pero que le puedo poner respecto a los DS, es que es un juego que tienes que estar siempre al 100%, no hay momento de descanso, incluso con los enemigos mas básicos, no te vale solo aporrear el botón de ataque, pero vamos que eso no quita la obra de arte que es, gracias de nuevo FS. Expand
  64. May 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This wonderfully difficult game is one that I enjoyed immensely. I've been a fan of Souls games and thought I would take off like a beast, and I was wrong. The combat of Dark Souls and Bloodborne are not how this works. Sekiro became a challenge and one that I love. I came, I saw, I got slammed into Hades by an albino King Kong. I chopped his head off and... he got up and screamed me into oblivion. Over and over until I finally got the skills built up and knowledge of the match-up down. Victory felt victorious!

The fantasy shinobi atmosphere is a nice change and the FromSoft world-building without words is in full force again (show, don't tell). If the industry could use a shot of anything right now it's how to do more of this.

My only criticism is also unfortunately necessary for Sekiro to work. This is a tale, so character building and customization is pretty light, and I've always liked those options in previous FromSoft titles. There's no point in doing a run with another build without builds.

After being burnt on a recent pre-order from another company (MK11), I considered never pre-ordering a game again. I may make an exception for FromSoft.
  65. May 2, 2019
    Jogo muito bom, mantendo a dificuldade e boss fights de costume, e muitos cenários para exploração, como qualquer Dark Souls ou até mesmo Bloodborne. O que peca é a história, que como de costume, não é o foco nesse estilo de jogo da From Software, mas mesmo assim é super divertido (pra quem é fâ desse gênero de jogo, e está ciente da dificuldade). Uma coisa que senti falta, foi aJogo muito bom, mantendo a dificuldade e boss fights de costume, e muitos cenários para exploração, como qualquer Dark Souls ou até mesmo Bloodborne. O que peca é a história, que como de costume, não é o foco nesse estilo de jogo da From Software, mas mesmo assim é super divertido (pra quem é fâ desse gênero de jogo, e está ciente da dificuldade). Uma coisa que senti falta, foi a envolvência das quests secundárias no game, achei meio fraco comparado ao Dark Souls e BloodBorne.

Game design: 10/10
    Level design: 10/10
    Dificuldade: 9/10
    Gráficos: 10/10
    História: 8/10
    Personagens: 9/10
    Boss Fights: 10/10
  66. May 7, 2019
    Ich verstehe nicht wie man als Bloodborne oder Dark Souls Fan dieses Spiel nicht leiden kann. Es ist auf seine eigene Art und Weise absolut ebenbürtig. Ich für meinen Teil habe dieses Feeling beim Zocken welches ich nur bei From Software Games bekomme, deshalb 10/10!!!
  67. May 3, 2019
    really good game the grafix are att point! i dont get why people say it looks like ps2 graphics i mean have you ever played or seen a ps2 game i dont think a ps2 can run this game it will just crash people these days i swear anyway this game is really good the combat the bosses everything is great from software dont litsen to people this game is awesome keep it up!. also the game isreally good game the grafix are att point! i dont get why people say it looks like ps2 graphics i mean have you ever played or seen a ps2 game i dont think a ps2 can run this game it will just crash people these days i swear anyway this game is really good the combat the bosses everything is great from software dont litsen to people this game is awesome keep it up!. also the game is difficult but what do you expect from the people who made dark souls i mean hell it has prepare to die edition. im gonna tell you why these games are difficult the hidetaka miyazaki the idea of the souls series said that he wants to make players feel like they accomplished something big you know that hard boss that you keep dying to and then the satisfaction of finally beating the boss is so good it feels like you took herione. thats why these games are hard they are supposed to be hard thats why these games are so good Expand
  68. May 7, 2019
    I have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint theI have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint the Fromsoftware fans. Expand
  69. May 8, 2019
    Also meiner Meinung nach das beste Spiel der FromSoftware Reihe.

Kann ich nur empfehlen!
  70. May 11, 2019
    After playing all the From Software previous Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne games I was expecting something quite special with this, and I wasn't disappointed! Sekiro is quite a different beast from its predecessors, so if you go in and play the game fresh you will be in for one fantastic adventure. It can be quite an unforgiving game at times, even when it gives you a chance toAfter playing all the From Software previous Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne games I was expecting something quite special with this, and I wasn't disappointed! Sekiro is quite a different beast from its predecessors, so if you go in and play the game fresh you will be in for one fantastic adventure. It can be quite an unforgiving game at times, even when it gives you a chance to die twice, but the excitement and relief after beating another mini boss or a main boss is quite something. But I feel at times you do come to quite a hard wall with some bosses and only the most patient and persistent gamers will get through it. Expand
  71. May 10, 2019
    I would give this game a 9 but i just can't. It is so rare to see a game this polished and playable today. Tried alot of them. ARK, PUBG, HUNT, TARKOV. Those were all Early-A games and the hype has been on that trail along time. It was just refreshing.

Game might be hard, but everything is when you don't know how to handle things. It's still more forgiving to a new player than a Dark Souls game because Sekiro does not require as much setups. It requires you to undertand the mechanics and truly test you.

Everything below a 7 in a rating on this game is clearly wrong. Expecting things to be something there not is a sin of your own mind. Rating a game is about you not comparing the title to others or your skill with what you managed in other situations.

I will claim that the phasing in this game is so good it puts alot of games to shame.
    And like most things in life, if you just "Stay a while and listen" most things becomes obvious.
    The game even got a Tutorial were you can practice your mechanics with ease.

My last words will be "Git Gud". People who can't stand knowing they have to become better sometimes to reach certain satisfactions will never accept that their not good enough either. You can't be good enough with everything in life, check out Tetris.
    So yeah...Git gud.
  72. May 16, 2019
    It is a very good game. Very challenging and entertaining. Their mini bosses reach levels of demand even higher than some bosses. Very good game. 100% recommended
  73. May 14, 2019
    Ok , so, ... if you dont like hard and challenging games, please just stop reading.

If you like hard and challenging games, keep going !
    If you like from software, keep going !
    If you like feudal japan, then 立ち止まるな !

Truly a masterpiece !
    ( 本当に傑作!)
  74. May 15, 2019
    If you pay attention there are soo many details. The challenge is very satisfying to experienced gamers. From software should not change a thing. Currently I'm stuck but breaking that barrier is the point. Learn, grow and be the story
  75. May 20, 2019
    Going into Sekiro I wasn't expecting the best I think it down to Activison being involved with the project that and I was alittle salty that it wasn't Bloodborne 2.
    But good lord I was so wrong about this game. Sekiro is a masterclass in both visual storytelling and satisfying melee combat with a progression system that whilst not as expansive as the Soulsborne games is still expansive resulting in different skill combinations (At least in the first playthrough).
    But why should you play Sekiro ? simple, it provides a rush of thrills unlike any game From Software have created thanks to the reworked combat that is almost like a rhythm game as timing the parries is key and knowing when to attack is important also.
    Sekiro also contains a large variety of bosses with their own unique movesets and hazards to avoid and every victory I had was always satisfying giving me a feeling I hadn't felt since finishing the Soulsborne games for the first time moments like Making a God Tier build in Demon's Souls, Defeating Ornstein and Smough for the first time on 0 Estus, Getting the DLC crowns in Dark Souls II, The moment everything gets Tilted in Bloodborne, And the first time fighting Soul Of Cinder as a fan of the series. Moments like this will stay with me and Sekiro has plenty of moments like that if not topping those experiences at times.
    Sekiro is not without it's faults though a good example being how overpowered the "Shinobi Firecrackers" are as I believe most if not all bosses have a flinch effect when the player uses these. Tools like the Sabimaru or the Folded Umbrella feel borderline underpowered with very limited uses in fact I only used the Purple Folded Umbrella on NG+ to make short work of the Shichimen Warrior boss who's projectiles can be easily countered with this tool.
    Also some bosses are straight up bad like The Divine Dragon and The Mist Noble who are basically just obstacles in the way of the player similar to something like Allant in Demon's Souls or The Congregation in Dark Souls II.
    Ultimately though Sekiro is a masterpiece of immesurable scale and should be something in your game library before the end of this generation and I hope we can get some expansion to the lore of Ashina and the characters that inhabit it although a Bloodborne 2 would be nice before that.
  76. May 25, 2019
    Listen... I am late to the whole to the whole Dark Souls thing and Im sorry I have no Dark Souls pedigree. I always avoided them due to their 'punishing' difficulty. Then I started with Bloodborne which slowly became one of my favorite games of all time. So I was excited about Sekiro. Um yeah.... its tough, unforgivably tough, more so than any game I've ever played. But I stuck with itListen... I am late to the whole to the whole Dark Souls thing and Im sorry I have no Dark Souls pedigree. I always avoided them due to their 'punishing' difficulty. Then I started with Bloodborne which slowly became one of my favorite games of all time. So I was excited about Sekiro. Um yeah.... its tough, unforgivably tough, more so than any game I've ever played. But I stuck with it remembering that Bloodborne started out like that for me (not to the same degree but in principle). I also assumed that the bosses in the first memory were chronologically the first bosses I were to encounter. So the Drunkard beat me down a dozen times but then I was able to finally defeat him. Virtually seconds away a heart attack I exhaled and continued. OH but what I didn't know i that the real stage boss was right around the corner. Madam Butterfly stomped my ass dozens of times. I tried again and again and again and FINALLY a final deathblow. It was possibly the most fist pumping jump up and down video game moment of my life. I almost passed out. Then I realized that wasn't supposed to be the first bosses. So yeah. Good story. But experiences like that are so rare in games and Ive had them in spades playing this game. Expand
  77. May 29, 2019
    Sekiro :shadows die twice is one of the best gaming experiences I have had till date,it easily reaches my top 5 of most satisfying games.
    The combat is fluid responsive and hectic,you truly feel like a shinobi fighting against everything else to save your master at all costs,the game brings out the best from 'from softwares' level design,the world feels interconnected and cohesive,with each deathblow you get to feel the mechanics of the game tightening itself around you if that makes sense,the game latches itself on to you and the feeling of satisfaction that comes from beating a 'from software' game is still there and it plays a good part in giving you the ultimate shinobi experience.
  78. Jun 1, 2019
    One of the best games I ever played, and for sure best game of From. Game mechanics are perfectly fit for me and I realy enjoy playing this game. The Mixture of difficult, rewarding system and stealth mechanics are my favorite in games, so this game couldnt've gone wrong. Although it has one disadvantage, its shorter than previous from games. I know its probably because this game was farOne of the best games I ever played, and for sure best game of From. Game mechanics are perfectly fit for me and I realy enjoy playing this game. The Mixture of difficult, rewarding system and stealth mechanics are my favorite in games, so this game couldnt've gone wrong. Although it has one disadvantage, its shorter than previous from games. I know its probably because this game was far too difficult for most of players, but for me it was just perfect. Expand
  79. Jul 20, 2019
    Incredible like other Fromsoftware games :
    Incredible like other Fromsoftware games :
    Gamplay is faster now in sekiro and story is good too but camera is bad in small location its the only sekiro proplem however enemys are not as good as the other Fromsoftware games . Sekiro is somthing else and you shouldnt look at this game like soulsborne series . From my idia sekiro was harder than bloodborn but not darksouls 3 . Sekiro is much abut combat system and skills and the amazing posture system and there is no vitality system .
    Just go and play this amazing game . And in the end : 1 ) bloodborne
    2 ) sekiro 3 )dark souls 3 My top 3 Fromsoftware games .
  80. Jun 15, 2019
    It’s a very good game but is it a very difficult it’s a challeng for hardcore gamer
  81. Aug 1, 2019
    One big adrenaline rush, full of intense battles, and beautiful scenery. For those looking into overcoming a challenge, this is definitely a title that shouldn't be ignored. Surely, it can be difficult, but not in the sense that it feels "unfair". The difficulty itself, lies in observation, as in figuring out how to properly approach the current situation that you're facing.
    Simply put;
    Simply put; this game is a pure blast from start to finish.
  82. Sep 3, 2019
    From Software enterga un gran juego, con una mecánica muy interesante, el gancho; el combate y dificultad impuestas por la saga Souls está presente, pero quizás es un poco más retador ya que tendrás que ajustarte al combate y no aún grindeo/leveleo. La verticalidad de este juego hace que el sigilo valga verdaderamente la pena, ya que puedes llegar a más zonas si espías o estudias a tuFrom Software enterga un gran juego, con una mecánica muy interesante, el gancho; el combate y dificultad impuestas por la saga Souls está presente, pero quizás es un poco más retador ya que tendrás que ajustarte al combate y no aún grindeo/leveleo. La verticalidad de este juego hace que el sigilo valga verdaderamente la pena, ya que puedes llegar a más zonas si espías o estudias a tu oponente con antelación. Expand
  83. Sep 3, 2019
    Althought its a FromSoft game at it´s core, it goes beyond what From´s games goes in aesthetic and challenge.

The hardest part of the game is turn of the "From´s Games" button inside your head and open the heart to something all new, similar to something we fondly remember. Damn, it´s hard, but gets harder as you try to play as any other From game. The combat is truly engaging, and

The combat is truly engaging, and turn out as a balanced and beaultifuly executed: it´s the cream a la cream of "git gud".

As you are able to beat a tought boss fight (and some of my favorite ones ever are in this game) , watch a video of your own fight let you take note of how well are you playing and how the control of your character is absolute.

It has it´s amount of flaws, as a large amount of repeated boss fights, some unbalanced areas and enemies and the sense of smaller and repetitive world, as it´s more grounded at real world. But as soon as dominate the combat, all became more fluid and cinematic.

it´s at the same time one of the best and most innacessible game in the market, specially if you´re a veteran of From games. Or you learn it´s own ways (and die a lot) or you don´t go foward (dying a lot more).
  84. Sep 4, 2019
    Este juego llegó a mis manos en forma de regalo de cumpleaños por parte de un amigo al que le gusta verme sufrir con los videojuegos de Fromsoftware.

Mi decepción con este título parte del diseño pobre de los enemigos y lo poco aprovechada que está la maravillosa ambientación del mapeado, y si a eso le sumas los errores cometidos en los "flashbacks" (Se olvidaron de que en la Hacienda Hirata Sekiro aún no había perdido el brazo, por lo que el brazo protésico sobra).

Me esperaba mucho más de este juego, pero el combate es aburrido (muy desafiante, pero aburrido al fin y al cabo), por mucho que intenten nivelarlo de alguna manera con herramientas shinobi sacadas literalmente de la manga.
    Sus puntos más fuertes son la historia y su ambientación, pero tampoco lo convierten en GOTY, ni mucho menos.

En cuanto a su dificultad... consiste en saltar y machacar el botón derecho del ratón.
  85. Sep 5, 2019
    Sekiro contains numerous recognizable elements from From Software's previous title, but they have proven themselves once again fully capable of going in other creative directions and coming out on top. Sekiro is a beautiful adventure game that draws you into a world that you are dying(!) to explore. It's without a doubt their most fantastic looking game to date (though purely as a matterSekiro contains numerous recognizable elements from From Software's previous title, but they have proven themselves once again fully capable of going in other creative directions and coming out on top. Sekiro is a beautiful adventure game that draws you into a world that you are dying(!) to explore. It's without a doubt their most fantastic looking game to date (though purely as a matter of taste I preferred the dark grittiness of Bloodborne), and the fact that Sekiro can use his grappel hook to travel vertically too makes it an entirely different adventure than its "predecessors".

It's hard to speak of these games without mentioning difficulty. Getting to the end of Sekiro is, of course, a challenge, to say the least. Director Hidetaka Miyazaki has repeatedly stated that they try to make the games "tough, but fair", a description that fits the previous titles. And indeed, balancing the feeling of being challenging without being too hard to be fun is not an easy task, and one that most game developers simply sidestep by making their games easy by default or adding difficulty levels.

Sekiro doesn't quite find that balance in the way its predecessors did, and there are several reasons for this.

1) No From Software games have ever had an "easy mode", but they have still had ways to make the most challenging bosses doable, by letting you invite other players, summoning NPC's or simply grinding a few levels to power up your character. Sekiro doesn't let you do any of these things. If you're stuck, you're stuck.

2) DS and Bloodborne allowed for different playing styles, letting you personalize your character in a way that fits how you want to play. Your particular style may make some bosses more difficult, and others easier. Sekiro wants you to play one way, and if you're not up for it... you're going to be frustrated. You better get used to timing your parrying down to milliseconds and learning each and every move of 30-40 bosses. I'll gladly admit this is not my playing style at all, and I find even regular enemies so frustratingly difficult to beat that I avoid battle whenever I can. The boss fights are... well... just not fun. That's my best way to describe it. They're too difficult to be enjoyed, and there's also my next point...

3) Fights are LONG. I'm currently fighting the last boss of the game, and without spoiling much, I can say it's of course a multi-phase boss. The first two phases are not too difficult, but MAN do they drag out. You can easily spend 20 minutes reaching the third phase, and you'll feel the difficulty being cranked up to ridiculous amounts. So, basically, that's the phase that kills you. Which is all fine and dandy, except that you have to go through those long, tedious first phases EVERY time you try again. This is just an example of something that happens repeatedly throughout the game. Fights go on forever, and then you die from one simple mistake.

Learning new skills and prosthetic tools are fun to watch, but only a few of them make any actual significance in battle. In the end, no matter how many skill points you've gathered during your adventures, your ability to time your parries is what determines the outcome. I'm sure some players love that, but... I don't. I found boss battles to be a chore more than an enjoyment.

My advice is... try it. You may end up loving it. But expect a game that is brutally more difficult than DS and Bloodborne, and where the mechanics will leave you frustrated unless you happen to enjoy that particular way of playing.
  86. Sep 10, 2019
    Another masterpiece from From Software. Epic gameplay and new revolution from dark souls.
  87. Sep 23, 2019
    Арт-хаус текущего поколоения консолей. Поэтичная, философская, тонкая игра о поиске своего пути. Непревзойденный сеттинг, глубочайший геймплей, фантастический дизайн локаций, Эфимерный мир, линейная, но все равно абрстрактная история, все такая же загадочная, как и все миры Dark Souls. Необъяснимая сложность. Игра, которую вы долго не забудете - много контента заложено в повторноеАрт-хаус текущего поколоения консолей. Поэтичная, философская, тонкая игра о поиске своего пути. Непревзойденный сеттинг, глубочайший геймплей, фантастический дизайн локаций, Эфимерный мир, линейная, но все равно абрстрактная история, все такая же загадочная, как и все миры Dark Souls. Необъяснимая сложность. Игра, которую вы долго не забудете - много контента заложено в повторное прохождение (привет Nier:Automata). Смогут ли From Software переплюнуть себя в Elnden Ring, или это лучшая игра souls-like геймлпея? Expand
  88. Sep 28, 2019
    This game is a masterpiece.

This game is a masterpiece.

Let's talk about progression. Some people like to grind levels before tackling a boss. Some people like tackling a boss with as few levels as possible. This doesn't exist in Sekiro. There is no underleveled or overleveled. Each boss is a challenge that must be defeated by skill alone. And maybe that's what people find frustrating - to lose means you weren't good enough. The progression in Sekiro isn't in the form of levels, but your own physical skill. Your own strength, and not your character's strength, is what brings you victory. And to me, this brings me greater satisfaction than any other game I've played.

There's a a major misconception about combat. This game isn't about having god-like reflexes. Every enemy gives you ample time to react. It's about learning to read your opponent. Each attack has an appropriate counter. You see the opponent's tell, and you respond accordingly, requiring unforgiving but precise timing. More than pure reaction time, it's about identifying the opponent's next move so you can counter it. Know the enemy and know yourself.

However its virtues, the game isn't without flaws. The miniboss reskins are repetitive, and there aren't a great many number of bosses. Getting each of the 4 endings becomes a chore rather than an enjoyable experience. Once you've platted the game, there's little reason to continue playing unless you're attempting a charmless and/or demon bell run. After the first playthrough, breezing through each boss shows you just how much you've improved, but each subsequent playthrough loses the thrill of beating each boss for the first time.

Yet despite its flaws, I've never had a more profound dopamine rush playing a single player game. I'm torn between 9 and 10. This game is probably the best game I've ever played, and yet even if it is, can a game with such glaring flaws be a 10? Does an imperfect 10 exist?
  89. Oct 4, 2019
    Bem desafiador muito bom! Espero que venha dlcs para poder jogar muito mais!
  90. Oct 5, 2019
    Disappointing game for fans of the souls genre. Most bosses and subs feel artificially difficult rather than tough-but-fun. If you can get past the cons mentioned below, there is excitement to be had.

Pros: visually remarkable, gameplay works well with the stooges, firecrackers and grappling hook impressed me mightily, exploring is fun, music and ambient sound are fitting, the horse dude boss fight was fun.

Cons: every other boss/sub-boss seem boring or grindy, most of the arm gadgets are worse than useless, no multiplayer co-op, the rpg elements are forgettable at best, i can't be polite when describing the entire death mechanics (shockingly terrible), the rpg elements are weak mostly due to the dull actions you can learn (honestly feels like they were added to fill out button mapping).
  91. Oct 9, 2019
    Just finished this gem, what an amazing game, no way to cheat you got to learn how to play and improve your skills else there is no way you can beat the boss. It really bringed me back to a different era where you actually had to learn how to play to win. If you are a gamer buy and play this game, u LL get angry you LL swear But once u have beaten at least you have learned something!
  92. Oct 15, 2019
    Excellent, good game mechanics, quite a challenge even for experienced gamers. 100% recommended.
  93. Oct 12, 2019
    Совершенно не интересный для меня сеттинг, хоть и атмосферный. Но больше всего разочаровала боевка - это какой-то стритфайтер с мечом, не иначе.
    Один лязг оружия в ушах - удовольствия 0.
    Жаль потраченных денег. прошел с читами - сберег нервы
    Один лязг оружия в ушах - удовольствия 0.
    Жаль потраченных денег.
    прошел с читами - сберег нервы
  94. Oct 13, 2019
    Simply amazing...
    The story, the scenes in-game, the boss fights, the enemies, and gameplay. If you have a PlayStation and up for a challenge, this is a must-have.
  95. Apr 15, 2019
    Everything around bosses is cool, the learning, the environment exploration the artistic direction.

But bosses are way to hard and not much people will see half the game. I like dark souls 3 and bloodborne but here there's no way to pass some bosses, no multiplayer, no tricky things. just paring and hitting again and again because, bosses' bars of stun is drained by time. They forgot

They forgot that it's a game and not sure AAA will remain with that kind of standard.
    Most people (probably not the kind who could read this) will never make a third of the game, so they will dislike it.

Give-me a "pass that boss" button and I may finaly enjoy it. but for now it goes on sale.

Remind : most people speaking about games and coming here are hardcore gamers or geeks so notes are mostly biased.

1. May 15, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an enjoyable, yet deeply challenging game. It's not really a Dark Souls with samurais game, but whether or not you enjoyed the difficulty level of the battles in Dark Souls will be a good benchmark in gauging how much you'll like Sekiro. If you're persistent, up for a challenge, and don't become frustrated easily, then Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an easy game to recommend.
  2. Apr 28, 2019
    Though Sekiro feels impossibly hard at times, the level of euphoria you experience when delivering a death blow to a tricky boss or when you finally clear a castle grounds of all enemies is almost unparalleled.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice succeeds in its incredibly visceral combat and stealth all while being set in an engaging game world. However, its linear character growth options and repetitive combat begin to dull the experience after you get over the initial hump.