7.9

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1919 Ratings

1. Apr 9, 2019
    I don't think Sekiro is bad, I just beat the game, but... I can't give it anything past a 6 simply because it's.... well, mediocre (for FromSoft). As much as I wanted to fall in love with this game I have to admit that Bloodborne is better in almost every way. The story was extremely predictable though I won't explain exactly why b/c I don't want to spoil it for you. It's basically theI don't think Sekiro is bad, I just beat the game, but... I can't give it anything past a 6 simply because it's.... well, mediocre (for FromSoft). As much as I wanted to fall in love with this game I have to admit that Bloodborne is better in almost every way. The story was extremely predictable though I won't explain exactly why b/c I don't want to spoil it for you. It's basically the equivalent of mario trying to save/protect the princess. The game just didn't captivate me... like at all. I never had a sense of wonder and excitement or FEAR in seeing what's next like I did with BB. The fear is artificial. It's "oh great, another tedious battle". I remember when people were speculating that the game would have a crazy horror twist and that got me excited, unfortunately the game has none of this. Only 1 enemy in the whole game was a little creepy. The combat, while fun for a while, becomes boring. You're given ONE play style for the entire game. You get prosthetic tools but, honestly... you DON'T REALLY USE THEM. Parrying is what you'll be doing 99% of the time. I almost never used prosthetics or items the entire game.

As far as the difficulty goes, a lot of it just comes from learning how to block/parry and timing. If you suck at reflexes this game you will struggle. But you WILL get better (if you want to progress). In fact I found the game to be in general EASIER than BB or DS. The ONLY area that is harder are certain bosses which took me more tries than some BB or DS bosses. Regular enemies and mini-bosses become trivial once you learn how to parry, block and respond to perilous attacks. There were a lot of poorly designed bosses... really glaring ways to cheese but also repetitive in nature. You will fight the same type of "boss" multiple times throughout the game. Also, Mini-bosses get in the way of the suspense and build up to a big boss. A lot of times you fight a mini-boss RIGHT BEFORE a big boss. But it just feels like 2 boss fights in a row. And all the bosses have a lot of health, which just FEELS tedious, but again... the game really isn't that hard, just reflex-intensive. So you will be doing constant parrying and attacking along with quicktime-like events for perilous attacks.

Sekiro overall feels uninspired. Like it was lacking the soul that DS and BB have. Part of the reason for this is they reused so many elements from BB and DS that nothing seemed new. The only new aspect was the combat. Many enemies and locations are direct re-skins of previous enemies/locations in other FromSoft games. The story reuses certain plot-lines and styles.

What bugs me the most is that very little is "memorable". The NPCs and their quests, the boss fights, the locations, or the atmosphere. It's all just mediocre, feels too safe. And I hate saying this b/c the game is automatically better than most games, b/c it is a FromSoft game afterall. But don't we want something that will blow us away like Bloodborne? BB was a perfect example of how to keep the Dark Souls formula but mix it up with genius storytelling and exciting gameplay in a new dark/mysterious universe. Unfortunately, Sekiro just doesn't match this "leap" as well.

OK so what do I think they could have done to improve this? Allow us to loot weapons/armor. Add more RPG elements. Give us the ability to change how or character looks, what they wear. Adding multiplayer or something chalice dungeons to help replay-ability. Give us REAL reason to use prosthetics and weapon arts. The weapon arts and prosthetics are rarely used aside from early on in the game on rare enemies. Create a story that is more subtle/interesting/creative/unique. Make the story darker, more gritty; improve the atmosphere. That said, i don't think it's awful. It's still better than a TON of games out there. But it really doesn't meet the quality that Bloodborne put out there. And that's the big problem in a nutshell.
  2. Mar 27, 2019
    I was so looking forward to this game and even pre ordered it. What a waste. I’m a casual gamer and not skilled enough or patient enough to get past first mini boss . Loved everything else FromSoftware has put out since Demons’ Souls. Don’t understand who their audience for this game is or what the point is.
  3. Apr 13, 2019
    Loved and enjoyed every single From game before this. Was excited for Sekiro. But it is deeply flawed, poorly tuned and an exercise in frustration. From took a giant dump on their fans here, and I will not be buying anything from them in the future.
  4. Apr 1, 2019
    Stands alongside Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne as the best Fromsoftware is capable of and one of the best games of the modern era. No other studio working today is as effortlessly confident and successful at making new IPs, and as much as I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 and, yes, even Dark Souls 2, I think I'm not alone in hoping that their next game will be another fresh IP because they haveStands alongside Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne as the best Fromsoftware is capable of and one of the best games of the modern era. No other studio working today is as effortlessly confident and successful at making new IPs, and as much as I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 and, yes, even Dark Souls 2, I think I'm not alone in hoping that their next game will be another fresh IP because they have demonstrated three times in a row that they are not only incapable of failing at it, but that it's when they do their most profound and impressive work. Expand
  5. Mar 24, 2019
    I really love the atmosphere and setting, it feels like it could of been a next gen Tenchu game, which would of been awesome.

Overall it's Dark Souls-esque without the RPG elements or any sense of variety. If you're a fan of Nioh or Bloodborne, this game is for you, because the combat borrows elements from both. I feel like the game would of benefited from adopting a similar vein to

I feel like the game would of benefited from adopting a similar vein to early FROM games such as Otogi or Tenchu - i.e levels rather than a pseudo-open world that you teleport around in.

I can see why people like it and it's great to have some more single player games on the market - but I personally couldn't get into the game due it's parrying/combat mechanics (something that turned me off the likes of Bloodborne and Nioh), lack of variety or levelling system and the fact that bosses get all their health back after you kill them.
  6. Apr 20, 2019
    When I first played Dark Souls, it took me a while to figure it out - to 'git gud,' if you will. I was immediately enamored by its atmosphere and by the cathartic joy of overcoming its brutal yet fair (mostly) difficulty. Playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is much like how I felt playing Dark Souls for the first time. This isn't something I can say for the sequels, Bloodborne, Demon's SoulsWhen I first played Dark Souls, it took me a while to figure it out - to 'git gud,' if you will. I was immediately enamored by its atmosphere and by the cathartic joy of overcoming its brutal yet fair (mostly) difficulty. Playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is much like how I felt playing Dark Souls for the first time. This isn't something I can say for the sequels, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls (which I played after Dark Souls), or any other 'Soulslike' game out there. All of those games play, in some way or another, like how Dark Souls plays. Sekiro, with a few exceptions, does not play like a 'Soulslike.' While this was somewhat daunting, it was just as rewarding as it was to discover how to survive in Dark Souls when I played it for the first time about 8 years ago.

Even with the incorporation of super direct tutorial prompts, getting into the rhythm and maneuverability of Sekiro's control scheme is a challenge in it's own right - especially if you're accustomed to the Soulsborne games. Also, if you're like me, you sort of glaze over wordy instructions and just go with the gist of it. I probably missed some key details that I later learned on my own through trial and error, but, even so, this process was very rewarding. Having certain mechanics click in my head, developing strategies on how to approach enemies or bosses, making split second decisions that could mean life or death -- incredible.

I like the skill tree system they have - it's pretty concise and to the point. Kills give you experience points that increase a blue bar in the upper right of the HUD. Each time that blue bar is filled, you get a Skill Point which can be applied to any number of skills - including special attacks, counters, abilities, and item effectiveness/quantity. Getting every skill takes a long time - as some skills cost multiple Skill Points and - as you progress the trees - Skill Points cost more experience to earn. Deviating from From Soft's Soulsborne titles, dying only takes away half of your experience currently in the Skill Point bar (but you don't lose Skill Points themselves).

Dying also makes you lose half your sen, which is the game's currency. I was iffy with the idea of having both experience and currency separate (since in the Soulsborne franchise Souls/Blood Echoes were both experience and currency) but they do a good job balancing it out.

My first playthrough was incredible. Subsequent playthroughs, while still a blast, suffer in a similar light to how most of From Soft’s games do - in that you sort of just rush past a good deal of the world to get to checkpoints or bosses. Having played through Sekiro a few times, I can confidently say it’s the shortest From Software game I’ve played. This could be due to the huge amount of freedom you have in controlling your character; there’s no stamina bar, so you can dash, dodge, attack, jump, and grapple everywhere to your heart’s content. There are also significant skips that are really easy to pull off, but even without those it’s a game that a moderately skilled player could beat in about an hour. In its own way, this is still a good deal of fun, but I’m a From addict and I want more.

I can’t wait for DLC… God, I hope there’s DLC.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is damn near perfect, and even with what flaws there are, its greatness is so damn great, it supersedes the bad.
  7. Apr 10, 2019
    It was great until Genechiro Ashina. I fought him 103 times. I can't get past him. I consider myself great at Demon/Dark Souls, Bloodbourne, and Nioh. This has gotten obonixious.

The great thing about FromSoftware is that they have always made their games EXTREMELY challenge, but never punished the player. There was always a feeling of accomplishment what FS games when you finally beat that boss you really had to work toward beating. THAT HAS CHANGED. If you get better and defending, you get punished. They speed up the patterns. You learn that, and they give a delay in your reaction times when buttons are pressed. I thought this was all in my head. Apparently, I'm not the only one that has figured this out.

I'm severely disappointed in this one. I feel like its a giant MIDDLE finger to devoted fans. There is so much potential, but please don't punish devoted fans. I love FS games of past because they break up the monotony of the same ol' same ol', but come on.

The only reason I give it a 5 and not lower is because there are moments of greatness, but they need to balance out some of the boss battles.
  8. Apr 8, 2019
    The game is awesome! New mechanic is finally really differs from what SoulsBourne had to offer. It is much more focused on skill and precision. Every hit, block, parry and counter has to be carefully executed. Mechanic is pure joy.

Enemies and bosses are hard, but fair. Every main character death is a result of player mistake but not an unfair AI actions. The variety and amount of bosses is tremendous, though some of them appear couple of times during playthrough.
    Game world is big and leveldesign on a big scale is magnificent! You can reach any point in the world that you can see and sometimes it is just fascinating to observe from a distant places you've visited half game ago.

The plot is kinda simple. In oppose to SoulsBourne games deep multy-layerd LORE, in Sekiro we have a staright forward story with very few unexpected twists and no underlying lines whatsoever. The world itself is just something I personnaly not interested in. Middle age Japan is not my thing, so I have nothing to say about it.
    Visually game is ok, but nothing out of the ordinary. There are couple of beautiful locations, but in oppose to dark and mysterious Bloodbourne atmosphere Sekiro can't offer anything spectial.

But in the first place the game is about mechanics and it works great.
    The thing they've left character stats and loadout out of the boat is totally ok with me. Game is much closer to slasher than to an action RPG now. Still there are quite some tricks and combat movements player can aquire during game and prosthetic arm improvements make Sekiro's arsenal even bigger.

There are a lot of dispute around Sekiro's difficulty lately. The game is hard. It took me 77 hours to beat it and I had a lot of trouble with some bosses. But it's not unbeatable and it is certainly becomes quite easy once you master it. The easiest way to check how it works is get back to bosses, that troubled you some time ago and beat them once more. It'll be super easy, because knowing mechanics and boss movement basically everything you need to be good at. So people who ask for an easy mode, are just lazy and refuse to learn game rules. And what's the point in playing a game if you don't want to follow the rules?
  9. Mar 24, 2019
    Instant game of the year contender. From Software's Sekiro shows why it was going to be a Tenchu game. It's lineage is undeniable but this is the most hardcore Tenchu game you've ever played. It's without a doubt easier and harder than their previous souls series. The general enemies are easier then they have ever been because you can stealth kill everybody in the level if you soInstant game of the year contender. From Software's Sekiro shows why it was going to be a Tenchu game. It's lineage is undeniable but this is the most hardcore Tenchu game you've ever played. It's without a doubt easier and harder than their previous souls series. The general enemies are easier then they have ever been because you can stealth kill everybody in the level if you so choose. But then the mini bosses and actual bosses come along...

They aren't the most difficult bosses but they are very challenging and there are very few options to power up and brute force your way through a boss. You can farm xp and money to buy new skills and other things but you can't raise your base stats. If you aren't sure of yourself or willing to improve you could hit a brick wall after a few hours and give up.

If you can make it past the first mini boss and main boss then you are set. When going through the game the path you are on may not be the lowest level/easiest way and there is no way to tell so if you get stuck just try a different path in the world. This will help you gradually improve your character as you find beads in chests, from vendors, or from any mini bosses you manage to kill.
    These gives you extra HP and stamina to block with. If you manage to kill any main boss you get a permanent damage boost. You may also stumble across the more than a dozen weapons you can equip on your shinobi arm. Find one that really makes you more comfortable when you play is a huge benefit.

Combat is very responsive and nearly all the problems like phantom hits, delayed actions after button presses, and unresponsive controls from the souls series have been fixed. On my 1080ti at 4k I get a solid 60fps on a mixture of High and Highest settings so the game runs well also much better than previous From games.

Try not to get too angry when you sit back and enjoy ancient castles, bamboo forests, acid swamps, mountain side temples, forsaken villages, and more in this gorgeous modern Tenchu game. #gameoftheyear maybe
  10. Apr 22, 2019
    The difficulty of this game is like having a ninja adventure, but the second you get in an actual sword fight; it's like it turns into Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Figuring out the rhythm to your opponent's attacks is crucial since the game's main gimmick for defeating enemies is parrying, without a stamina bar; the worst an opponent can do is stagger you (literally just two seconds of stayingThe difficulty of this game is like having a ninja adventure, but the second you get in an actual sword fight; it's like it turns into Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Figuring out the rhythm to your opponent's attacks is crucial since the game's main gimmick for defeating enemies is parrying, without a stamina bar; the worst an opponent can do is stagger you (literally just two seconds of staying still). The best part is if you feel overwhelmed, the game does not punish you in any way for retreating and coming back with a better strategy. One of the best ways to learn how to "GIT GUD" is with the help of an undying soldier who lets you practice your Ninja techniques on him, giving you more then enough tips on fighting your foes. This game is yet another fantastic From Software game that captures the spirit of the original Tenchu games, 9/10! Expand
  11. Apr 2, 2019
    Despite what some reviewers have said, this is a SoulsBorne game in many important ways. However there's a very good reason why FromSoft specifically stated that Sekiro is unrelated to previous titles, and that reason is why there are so many negative reviews of this game right now: The combat is even more different than it seems at face value. Meaning SoulsBorne fans are picking up theDespite what some reviewers have said, this is a SoulsBorne game in many important ways. However there's a very good reason why FromSoft specifically stated that Sekiro is unrelated to previous titles, and that reason is why there are so many negative reviews of this game right now: The combat is even more different than it seems at face value. Meaning SoulsBorne fans are picking up the game, being familiar with everything and feeling right at home, then playing the completely wrong way and getting frustrated. That's also why the game has so many tutorial pop-ups even hours into the game, to introduce every new mechanic in detail, but if you skim read these then you will miss out on critical information which makes the game no more difficult than DS3 or BB.

There is no parry in this game, it's called deflect and it's a different mechanic. In the DS titles you had to choose between blocking and parrying, it was a risk, but in Sekiro you can deflect while blocking by pulsing the button in rhythm to your opponent's attacks. This makes blocking more important than it was in any SoulsBorne game including Demon's. Moreover, because the posture bar for your block/deflect replaces the stamina meter, your ability to dodge and run is not hindered by how much you block.

In other words, you can pressure with R1 while blocking all damage (as long as you don't try to attack when you should be blocking or vice versa), while at the same time deflecting, while also being able to run away forever at any time. The Perilous Attacks, the big red letter attacks that some people are complaining about, are perilous specifically because they are attacks that can't be blocked/deflected and have to be dealt with using your other options, which is why they are very obvious and telegraphed.

Well, FromSoft tried to warn us. Sekiro has all of the design elements that made Dark Souls great, it just presents them in different ways. Aside from all that, the level design is top tier as it is in every FromSoft game. Exploration is a joy. I also think this game is noteworthy for a reason that no one else is talking about. Team Ninja tried to make a Soulslike game with Nioh. Sekiro is FromSoft's way of thumbing their nose at Team Ninja, by making a better feudal Japan action game than Nioh in response.
  12. Mar 28, 2019
    STICK WITH IT. It's not a Souls game but it is made with the same level of dedication. It's only "hard" because you have to educate yourself and learn how to play it. That takes time. Whatever you do, don't give up on it. I broke through the frustration wall and now I'm absolutely loving it. The game mechanics seem confusing at first but you get muscle memory after a while and then itSTICK WITH IT. It's not a Souls game but it is made with the same level of dedication. It's only "hard" because you have to educate yourself and learn how to play it. That takes time. Whatever you do, don't give up on it. I broke through the frustration wall and now I'm absolutely loving it. The game mechanics seem confusing at first but you get muscle memory after a while and then it turns into a total blast. Again, keep going! Expand
  13. Mar 25, 2019
    Beware the overrating from Critics. Try before you buy is my advice. I'm a long time lover of the souls and bloodborne series. I beat them all (except demonsouls - but I will if they ever remaster it) so I'm not bad at them. Unfortunately it was like Fromsoft decided to stick it to us long time players and reverse everything you learned from dying over the years. This game takes fastBeware the overrating from Critics. Try before you buy is my advice. I'm a long time lover of the souls and bloodborne series. I beat them all (except demonsouls - but I will if they ever remaster it) so I'm not bad at them. Unfortunately it was like Fromsoft decided to stick it to us long time players and reverse everything you learned from dying over the years. This game takes fast reflexes and a lot of motivation to push through the many, many deaths before you unlearn and relearn what you need to survive. It is punishingly difficult with lightning reflexes and perfect timing required (no mistakes or your dead). The world and story are not really doing anything for me, which is what I always loved about the past games. They always had you guessing what the next level/world would be. This one is all Feudal Japan all the time and I do not care about Japanese history. I didn't in college and I still don't. So the verticality of the game that everyone is praising is overrated. The grappling hook mechanics work okay, but only in the spots the game lets you use it. The jump and grab ledge mechanic is so slow and terribly inconsistent (needs fixing badly). While hanging from a ledge my natural instinct is to hit the jump to jump up, but no you have to push grab button again (why?). If you are new to Fromsoft games, you actually might be better equipped than longtime players, but you will likely lose interest after the 50th death to the same early bosses. If you are determined you will persevere or have a lucky run (even the blind hog finds an acorn except with a lot of skill needed even to get lucky). This game is super frustrating without the fun and mystery of previous Fromsoft games to keep me going. Not sure why everyone is going on about this game. Gluttons for punishment apparently. Expand
  14. Mar 27, 2019
    From Software has outdone themselves and created the best melee combat system ever. The responsiveness, flow and spectacle of the combat is something to behold and a joy to master. No game has made me feel the exaltation that overcoming bosses does in this game.
  15. Mar 24, 2019
    This game is fantastic, taking the genre up a notch! If you do not like difficult single player games, do NOT play this. And please do NOT give it a rating, wouldn't be very fair to this gem. This game is absolutely kicking my butt right now, but I'm loving ever second of it. It's like Ninja Gaiden/Shinobi and the Soulsborne series studied real sword fighting and then had a baby and taughtThis game is fantastic, taking the genre up a notch! If you do not like difficult single player games, do NOT play this. And please do NOT give it a rating, wouldn't be very fair to this gem. This game is absolutely kicking my butt right now, but I'm loving ever second of it. It's like Ninja Gaiden/Shinobi and the Soulsborne series studied real sword fighting and then had a baby and taught it everything! Great and rewarding experience. This will test your gaming mettle, so be prepared and know what you are in for! Expand
  16. Apr 27, 2019
    I loved almost everything about this game. The only thing that bugged me is repeating mini-bosses (which is shame), but all bosses are very impressive and remain in the memory for a long time. Especially nice is new exploration mechanics, which weren't as wide and open in previous From titles due to new mechanichs (jumping and swimming).
  17. Apr 5, 2019
    Frustratingly difficult, even for soulsbourne vets. Fairly bland world without much variation. No gear drops, no way to change appearance. Why am I playing this? Oh yeah, gourd and bead drops. Maybe it's time to reconsider.
  18. Apr 12, 2019
    I have never been a hardcore gamer wanted to play on the hardest difficulty and do all what game have to offer. Played 4/5 Bloodborne, Finished Dark Souls 1 & 2 with a little grinding and work. Sekiro has changed my mind. Satisfaction, when I defeat a boss or hard sub-boss in Sekiro, is gratifying. Gives me a feeling of achievement and satisfaction. Even the mobs or when methodically II have never been a hardcore gamer wanted to play on the hardest difficulty and do all what game have to offer. Played 4/5 Bloodborne, Finished Dark Souls 1 & 2 with a little grinding and work. Sekiro has changed my mind. Satisfaction, when I defeat a boss or hard sub-boss in Sekiro, is gratifying. Gives me a feeling of achievement and satisfaction. Even the mobs or when methodically I pick and deathblow enemies one by one. Do not watch videos just play the game. The game is surprising, enemies inventive and requires thinking and strategy. If you can't beat some boss or enemy...try harder there is always the way and you got means to do that. Sekiro is all about skill, practice and finding the right way to do it. Gameplay is almost perfect and satisfying, the world is fantastic, graphics are excellent and perfectly accompanies atmosphere and tone of the game. The sound is brilliant and you can even relly to time deflect or attack on sound alone. As a seasoned player with playing games on a daily basis from 1986 (i know I am 47 old gamer and hope it will continue to be :) ) Sekiro has brought me to another level and made me the person that wants to hone skills until I am a Master of Sekiro. Hands down FromSoft - Sekiro for me is masterpiece! Expand
  19. May 10, 2019
    I was expecting this long time and thought From Software cannot fail. But I was wrong. Now when I'm on last boss in the game cannot find nothing else but regret time invested in this. This game looks like fast created without much effort presenting all bad things as "something new". What's the point fighting same boss few times during game? Ogre 2 times, Owl 2 times, 7 spears 2 times, MonkI was expecting this long time and thought From Software cannot fail. But I was wrong. Now when I'm on last boss in the game cannot find nothing else but regret time invested in this. This game looks like fast created without much effort presenting all bad things as "something new". What's the point fighting same boss few times during game? Ogre 2 times, Owl 2 times, 7 spears 2 times, Monk 2 times, Drunk guy 2 times, purple fellow probably 5 times. Luck of inspiration and copy-paste bosses?

All things which need tuning and effort was putted out of the game. Multiple characters, multiple weapons, armor, unique bosses (few bosses copy pasted), upgrading weapons.

Only advertising was done right when they presented all bad thins as intentional and "something new".

Hope they will not ruin Bloodborne 2 like that. BB was probably best game ever and deserve good sequel!
  20. Mar 29, 2019
    Let me start by saying that if you're a die hard fan of Dank Souls and I Wanna Be The Guy, Sekiro might be a 9 if not a 10 for you. I am not such a fan, so I grant it a 7. Generously.

Sekiro looks gorgeous, that much is true. It just lacks free roam content that is there for viewing only. Everything is functional, sadly, so you don't get to just look in awe. However, gameplay-wise it

However, gameplay-wise it feels like a DS game turned to 11. As if the designer listened to the fans chanting "hardcore, so hard, so fun, so elite, truly Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of gaming", shrugged and said "well, if that is the only thing you care about..." and then just pushed every other concern aside.

Despite what was promised early on, the "Shinobi" part is pretty bleak. Stealth and subterfuge are not really Wolf's strong suit and most enemies are placed in such ways that killing them stealthily takes time and doesn't pay extra. Skipping entire groups of enemies means depriving yourself of experience, money and items. Besides that, many grapple points are placed just far enough apart that you won't be able to spiderman your way through, forcing you to crouch and creep around between grappling, breaking any tempo you might have had.

Then there's the combat. It comes with a major problem - normal enemies are fast, come in groups and have no friendly fire whatsoever. You let go of the block button once and take a flaming arrow to the face, said arrow coming straight through three or four enemies. Annoying, isn't it? Also, nothing staggers, unlike you. So you can take an axe to the face with no warning or prior parry, just because the enemy decided to swing it and there's nothing you could do. Parry is the name of the game but it doesn't add depth, just width. You can only git gud mechanically, but not strategically, sadly.

The worst offender is the camera. While it's nice of the developers to try and help the player ever so slightly, the target lock and camera reset are on the same button and target lock has a mind of its own and shifts around if you try to move the camera because... you guessed it. "Switch target" is on the same four buttons as "rotate camera". There's a setting for targeting aid when not locked on, but the game doesn't seem to aid me even slightly - without target lock enemies just sidestep while Wolf keeps moving forward even if I rotate the camera mid-combo.

And while I am all for understanding that Sekiro is not a slasher like DmC V, I can't help noticing that Wolf moves so fast and jumps so high his physics are much more fit for an arcade rather than a "hardcore" swordfighting game.
  21. Mar 23, 2019
    For an old school Tenchu fan like me, this is the game I was waiting for.
    For veteran SoulsBorn fans, it might take time to learn the new combat system, but once you master it, you will feel like a god.
    For an old school Tenchu fan like me, this is the game I was waiting for.
    You can pause, you can swim, you can jump, and while you have more freedom of exploration and movement than ever, the combat's steep learning curve can really punish you early in the game.- The progression is cruel, but fair and extremely satisfying. It is admittedly a hard game, but if you stick with it, you will love it.
  22. Mar 23, 2019
    It is trying to be too many things at once and doesn't do any of those things justice which sucks hopefully their next game refines what they have done here but this was worth a rental not my 100 bucks.
  23. May 13, 2019
    Just play this game, its THAT good. Ignore the haters and easymode askers. Game is a great challenge and completely beatable.
  24. Mar 24, 2019
    Lots of bad reviews here because From Software didn't make the game the person wanted (i.e another Soulsborne game) rather than because Sekiro is a bad game. Sekiro is a VERY good game. Whilst it has some of the feeling of Souls game, it clearly is a different beast.

The combat system feels fresh, but is very difficult to master. It feels satisfying however when you get into a fight where you are blocking and scoring hits on the counter. It feels realistic. The movement is fluid and jumping over trees and buildings using the grappling hook feels very satisfying.

Whilst Sekiro doesn't have all of the customisation Dark Souls had, there is still enough to get your teeth into. With skill trees for both your character and your prosthetic weapon, it's not just a shallow action game with very little substance.

The game is hard. I mean REALLY hard. But it's also a great deal of fun. I'm a massive Dark Souls fan, but I appreciate that this is a different direction, and it's a game that Miyazaki and his team have done a fantastic job with. Don't be put off by people who are upset that it's not another Souls game or that it's single-player only. There is enough in this game to keep any Souls fan busy.
  25. Apr 3, 2019
    Brilliant game, nothing shorter than of what you come to expect of a From Software title these days. The biggest criticism I find of this game from players is when they compare it with the dark souls games, or bloodborne for that matter. Thing is, this is not a bloodborne nor a dark souls, and the game is very well aware of what it is and what it's not. It is a game made by the sameBrilliant game, nothing shorter than of what you come to expect of a From Software title these days. The biggest criticism I find of this game from players is when they compare it with the dark souls games, or bloodborne for that matter. Thing is, this is not a bloodborne nor a dark souls, and the game is very well aware of what it is and what it's not. It is a game made by the same studio, applying many of the soulsborne mechanics but also introducing new ones. A lot of criticism is about the game only providing you with one way of playing it, which is partially true and partially not. Compared to dark souls it is definitely true, but that is not really a big flaw, most games does that. People who went into this game expecting a new dark souls-experience might be disappointed, but you must learn that if you want to jump into something to get your expectations met, buy the latest assassins creed or some other AAA mainstream title. If you want something fresh, innovative and exciting buy Sekiro, Jumping into this game with an open mind, and big scoop of determination you will likely have one of the best gaming experiences for years. Sekiro is one of those rare games that will consume you even when you're not playing it. You will find yourself contemplating on what path you should be investigating, what technique to use on the boss you're stuck at, what things you might have missed in your play through so far, and what secrets lying in store. Expand
  26. Mar 27, 2019
    Different enough from From Software's last few releases to feel fresh, but similar enough to keep us crawling back for more. I don't want to spoil any game mechanics or progression like some of the other reviewers, but don't go into this expecting the exact same Dark Souls formula. It is very much a different game as far as progression is concerned. This game is focused primarily on combatDifferent enough from From Software's last few releases to feel fresh, but similar enough to keep us crawling back for more. I don't want to spoil any game mechanics or progression like some of the other reviewers, but don't go into this expecting the exact same Dark Souls formula. It is very much a different game as far as progression is concerned. This game is focused primarily on combat and exploration. You don't have to worry about finding sets of armor, new weapons, etc. You do however need to practice your combat skills until you feel comfortable navigating this treacherous world filled with supernatural creatures inspired by Japanese myths and lore. One aspect that I like is the removal of any online features. I always felt like summoning was a crutch for players that were too lazy to study each boss and figure out a proper strategy in order to defeat them. Bottom line, it is a great game. Expand
  27. Mar 23, 2019
    As someone who has achieved platinum trophies in every Souls and Soulslike(Nioh,The Surge,etc), it tears me apart to have to post this score but in the games current state, it’s absolutely infuriating to play...and not in the good “Souls” way. With the game relying so heavily on the timing of blocks, counters and dodges I would think that From Software would want to have the mechanicsAs someone who has achieved platinum trophies in every Souls and Soulslike(Nioh,The Surge,etc), it tears me apart to have to post this score but in the games current state, it’s absolutely infuriating to play...and not in the good “Souls” way. With the game relying so heavily on the timing of blocks, counters and dodges I would think that From Software would want to have the mechanics dialed in at release. I can’t tell you how many f’ing times I’ve dodged a grab, just to watch the enemy animation lock on to me mid-dodge. The same with other combat mechanics. This screwed up timing has also happened when the red deathblow prompt appears. I go to finish off an enemy, hit the attack button and nothing happens. This kind of garbage happens WAY too often for a game that’s combat relies completely on timing. It makes for way too many deaths that have happened because I’ve been killed by the games poor mechanics and not having to “git good”. My hype and excitement for this game have gone down the toilet. As it stands, I’m going to stop playing and hope that they fine tune the mechanics in future patches. I’ll come back and update my score if it gets fixed. Expand
  28. Mar 22, 2019
    I really want to like this game, because i been buying the other from games for years now, i really really want it... but i cant. I will say that this game is not horrible, and if you like parries and quicktime events this is your game, but for the same reasons is not my game.
    I think that in trying to create a game that emulate a sword fight from didn't see the lack of variation, because in every death you deal you will be seing the same quicktime animation (over and over and over) and even if the graphics are great and it seems an interesting tale, if the main character is not appealling you lose a lot, in this last point i cant identify why the character is so dull to me, maybe is a mix of reasons but is my personal opinion.
    The last point is that sekiro has very beautiful graphics, good sound effects and music, the movement in the map is very creative, but the way the game deals with combat, character personalities and AI of enemies doesn´t convince me, i hope they change this game for better in the next patches, as they did with DS2.
  29. Apr 21, 2019
    Has a nice elegant series of attacks, dodges, and blocks, and then interjects grab attacks with no counter. A major failing the game's part.
  30. May 14, 2019
    Another amazing game made by Fromsoft. If you think this is a Dark Souls game you are wrong. It's a different combat system that is demanding. I struggled at first and it took me a day or two to "get it" once it clicks though it is very satisfying. If you are having trouble then go explore another path. You can always come back. It can feel very demanding at times but if I can beat theAnother amazing game made by Fromsoft. If you think this is a Dark Souls game you are wrong. It's a different combat system that is demanding. I struggled at first and it took me a day or two to "get it" once it clicks though it is very satisfying. If you are having trouble then go explore another path. You can always come back. It can feel very demanding at times but if I can beat the game then so can you. Expand
  31. Apr 1, 2019
    A truly marvellous game. The lack of multiplayer and the greater emphasis on skill based gameplay over character stat development means that every victory is YOURS and not the result of an overlevelled character (well, unless you gain a certain object at least). No other game has had me yelling swears at my defeat and celebrations of joy when I finally won.

If I was to make a piece of

If I was to make a piece of constructive criticism I’d say that the penalty system (losing half of everything on a full death unless you win RNG) promotes grinding, I do worry slightly that Activision will start selling skill points given their record and the way this system encourages grinding exp in order to gain more skills and (ultimately) more attack power. The soulsborne system of regaining your experience if you were able to return to th el,ace you died was better as you could still progress your character despite death, whereas here I would be woefully lacking in skills if I hadn’t indulged in grinding certain areas.

So.... yeah. Buy this if you like a challenge. Might want to cut your teeth on soulsborne first though.
  32. Mar 22, 2019
    It's a good game, but not as good as the proper Souls games. Just lacks the atmosphere and its combat is a bit too mashy as well.
  33. Mar 25, 2019
    so far amazing, about 8 hours in, a mixture of different games in one, but holds a unique feel and is hard but rewarding just like others from software games. graphics are breathtaking but the gameplay is where its at , a learning curve required but if you go in thinking its not souls youll be fine.
    Amazing
  34. May 13, 2019
    FromSoft you did it again im so glad to about this HARD game.
    it has more advanced battle system than Darksouls series.
    most slow physical users will telling dissatisfaction coz of this Great game is So Hard.
    If YOU go to get through it SEKIRO is Best of Best game
  35. Apr 15, 2019
    MINOR SPOILERS
    MINOR SPOILERS
    Though I found Sekiro's world slightly less immersive/interesting to explore than previous FromSoftware titles, notably Bloodborne and even Dark Souls III (it's close), it still had the developer's signature sense of atmosphere. The areas were a bit too similar in my opinion, minus two to three changes of pace (Senpou, Fountainhead, Hirata to a lesser extent), and there seemed to be less overall areas to explore. I found the "optional" areas to be somewhat lacking as well, as some of the optional bosses were just retreads of previous bosses with a twist and several of them took place on the same battlefield as a prior fight. Nonetheless, the boss fights in Sekiro are top notch. As far as overall consistency of quality, this is FromSoft's best effort to date. From the first main boss encounter on, each one (with maybe two exceptions) is a challenging and adrenaline-pumping clash of swords. Even the classic gimmick fight found in every SoulsBorne game is improved here in almost every level: the gorgeous visuals, enjoyment, arena, etc. Having a lone katana as the main weapon also allowed FromSoft to make their bosses as unique as possible, displayed in their fighting style as well as their design, without having to worry about what approach the player is taking (like the Souls series: spellcaster, dex, strength, etc.). The enemy variety was kind of bland, mostly humanoid, but narratively I understand that was kind of necessary. The mini bosses were also a nice break-up between exploring en route to the next big bad and offered vital rewards upon defeat, though there were far too many re-skins in this department and some of them were just a chore to to fight. Another highlight of FromSoft's last few games has been the excellent and riveting soundtracks. Having played Bloodborne and Dark Souls III nearing Sekiro's release, I found the soundtrack a bit underwhelming (which was my mistake of expectation). However, upon replays the music has really grown on me and definitely fits the world perfectly. Some tracks that stand out are CM, LB, ISS, O, and GA (boss initials). Final point of praise: the combat, once understood, is probably the most satisfying I've ever played in a videogame. Although it isn't quite the masterpiece I expected, it is definitely my early 2019 GOTY in an already crowded year and a game that was well worth the wait. Already itching to see what FromSoft comes up with next. 8.9/10.
  36. Apr 10, 2019
    Daisukereds review sums up exactly my feelings on this game. I really want to like it more but it's a poorly balanced game and I don't mean just in terms of difficulty. The shinobi tools can be good (and even gamebreaking) on some fights but on the harder ones, they're pretty useless and the ones focused on dealing damage/posture damage are ridiculously underpowered even to the extent thatDaisukereds review sums up exactly my feelings on this game. I really want to like it more but it's a poorly balanced game and I don't mean just in terms of difficulty. The shinobi tools can be good (and even gamebreaking) on some fights but on the harder ones, they're pretty useless and the ones focused on dealing damage/posture damage are ridiculously underpowered even to the extent that it's likely better to just press R1. There's no builds, no armor, no weapons and the upgrades you get is pretty worthless except for some that should've been baseline anyway (Mikiri Counter). The environments are okay but they don't come close to the diversity of the other "soulsborne" games (hesitating to include Sekiro in this genre). The story is overall easier to understand but it somehow just takes away from what I love about the other games. Exploration can sometimes be rewarding but 99% of the time you only find some **** consumable that can be bought from the merchant for cheap anyway. The upgrade materials for your tools don't generate the same feeling that finding a blood shard or titanite chunk does since the upgrade won't do much anyway. Unlike all the other soulsborne games, I just can't wait to be done with this one and I probably won't be replaying it ever again once I'm done with all the trophies. I've seen a lot of people saying this game is even more satisfying than the other games but I never felt satisfied after beating a boss, I just felt annoyed and wanted to stop playing. I genuinely hope that people giving this 10/10 are just high on the fumes of hype. For me, it's WAY to repetitive and it's missing a lot of what makes the soulsborne games so good. I'll hold out hope for Bloodborne 2 since this game has left me with very mixed feelings. I do admit that I'm somewhat biased as this is a game made by From Software, I was expecting more and as a result my final score may be somewhat low compared to if this was made by another developer. Expand
  37. crs
    Mar 30, 2019
    Takes a bit of getting used to but when you do it’s a lot of fun.

Didn’t like it at first but persevere with it and it’s awesome.

A great experience from the guys at from software.

Although I must admit it thought you had messed up and deserted your fans at first.
  38. Apr 1, 2019
    A good game with interesitn combat mechanics. Unlike FromSoftware predecesors, Sekiro is build arround one single build: shinobi. Parry and counters are key to victory, and rolling out of attacks is not as a good move like it was in Bloodborne or the Souls Games, meaning here agresion and parry are the keys to achieve victory.

The problem i have with this is that removes plenty of

The problem i have with this is that removes plenty of options for diferent playthoughs, since experimentation is way smaller than any other games, and it sometimes feels like the game cracked the dificulty dial way to high. Unlike the other games, whenever i defeated some bosses in Sekiro i did not felt accomplished, but more on the lines of "finally getting rid of that guy", insted of feeling victorious, i felt the pain finaly came to an end, which is the wrong kind of relief in my book.

Most of the bosses felt uninspired, except for 3 grand ones that will stick in my memory for years to come: Divine Dragon, Lord Genishiro and "The Saint Sword", being the last one the greatest boss ever developed by FromSoftware.

In the end, even tough i think this is a good game, i don't see myself returning to it in the near future, hence why i cant give it a higher score. I wanted to love this game, but i could not.
  39. Mar 31, 2019
    Sekiro is hard and for all the wrong reasons. Yes this is a from software game but what DS & BB did was give you a feeling of achievement and progress when overcoming those obstacles which is missing totally in this game. It feels like they deliberately made this game hard, punishing and not fulfilling. It just baffles me as to why they took this route when their other games where -Sekiro is hard and for all the wrong reasons. Yes this is a from software game but what DS & BB did was give you a feeling of achievement and progress when overcoming those obstacles which is missing totally in this game. It feels like they deliberately made this game hard, punishing and not fulfilling. It just baffles me as to why they took this route when their other games where - despite the difficulty - well received and loved whereas this game will/is not. Yes there are people enjoying it and I'm happy for them. I've played easily over 800h in from's worlds and the games never felt undeserved except in defined areas/locals. This game however has a convoluted gameplay system, very hard to master/even grasp mechanics and enemies that just are not fun to play against. Yes you can master it but to what end? Just for the sake of it?
    There is no reason to play through it again unless you want to platinum or show others how (get) "good" you are. No different builds but only different "prostetics".
    I'm just disappointed in the final product because they could have made a(-nother) masterpiece yet focused too hard on difficulty than fun/feeling of overcoming obstacles.
    In my opinion a game isn't good because it is hard. A game has to have some traits that define it other than the difficulty and overall has to be fun to be played. This game doesn't give me satisfaction (in killing enemies, bosses, progressing), it just drags on. Not worth it for me hope you like it.
  40. Apr 2, 2019
    Sekiro is a game I wanted to love. Being a huge Dark Souls fan, I was looking forward to From Software trying something new with their expertise. Instead, we get a game that has an identity crisis and so many design blunders that is is depressingly astounding.

The combat itself is visceral, fast and when it is all flowing together, it feels like a dream. It can be incredibly fun in those moments. However, there is a clear as day lack of variety in the game overall. Weapon variety is at an absolute minimum, with the only new things you acquire being prosthetic tools and new moves. This simply doesn't hold a candle to From's past games where variety was one of the strongest aspects.

The game has a focus on stealth that also can be fun when you are taking enemies down one by one in rapid succession without being noticed, but this too suffers from immense simplicity in its execution. The stealth system boils down to 'enemy has a cone over their head, hide for a bit, they forget you ever existed.' and it is hilarious how easily exploitable this is. The stealth can be fun, but it is nothing revolutionary in the slightest.

Then comes some of the game's biggest issues. The bosses for one. Almost none of them are memorable. The game is filled to the brim with sub-bosses, to the point of over-saturation. Many of these are so strong that it always verges on being cheap. The main reason is that many of them don't make sense. A samurai general in armor with a huge sword taking hits and dealing big damage? That makes sense. A ragtag woman wearing cloth and straw that uses a metal rod with a dinky blade attached to it doing the same thing? Makes zero sense. This boss in particular can kill you in two hits and yet she absorbs sword blows like they are nothing. Unlike the Souls games, it holds no consistency in its design.

Continuing further with the bosses, the amount of 100% recycled bosses here is laughable and honestly quite pathetic. Unlike Dark Souls 1 where they reused something like the Asylum demon but perhaps changed the moveset a bit or his appearance, in Sekiro, several bosses are literally copied and pasted 100%, sometimes more than once. Absolutely nothing is different about them except for the name. Eventually I started laughing whenever I would see a clone of a boss I already killed. Like it was a twin sibling or something. It is lazy and deserves no praise, especially when the bosses themselves are already not memorable in the first place.

The pacing can also be a total nightmare. Unlike in Dark Souls where each new boss encounter usually felt grand and important because of the pacing, Sekiro instead goes for a pace that doesn't know what to do. Sometimes you will go at least 30 minutes without a boss, giving you ample time to explore your surroundings and take in the atmosphere, other times you will have *3* sub bosses in the span of 5 minutes, and considering some of these can absolutely wreck your world even after the slightest mistake, it becomes draining and tiring. Combine this with locations that are not memorable, it eventually makes each new area not worth any excitement.

Another massive issue I have is the story. Maybe I am missing something entirely, in fact I HOPE I am missing something, because the story as I see it is barebones and shallow. Whereas in Dark Souls the story is fed to you in increments and through item descriptions. here it is like that, but somehow even less informative. Characters often don't have anything interesting to say and the main character himself hardly says anything worthwhile, often just repeating what an NPC just said only in question form (basically Solid Snake the entire time) or he grunts in response to things. He is hardly fleshed out even after many hours into the game. The basic premise of the game isn't special. It is about as generic as you can get for Japanese storytelling. A generic kid who happens to be a 'divine heir' has a special power in his blood and bad guys want that power to do bad guy things. That is your ENTIRE motivation. It is boring and holds absolutely no weight compared to Dark Souls.

As you can tell, I have a lot of issues with this game, but I don't hate it. There are times where I am having a ton of fun, but that fun is often interrupted by bad design, terrible pacing and a snooze-worthy story. The game also lacks most customization from past FromSoft games, so the replayability is also very low. I wanted to love this game, but instead I find it to be painfully average in most regards. It in no way deserves the current 90 critic score it has. It lacks focus and finesse. It is often too punishing for too little reward and it doesn't have anything to truly hook you like a Dark Souls title. I have compared this game to Dark Souls a lot for good reason, because I know from those games that From Software is capable of so much more. For now, I can only hope they take lessons from this game and do better.
  41. Apr 25, 2019
    My review contains some kind of spoilers...

Game is actually good. But it has few serious problems, it is reason why my personal score is not 10/10. Actually I voted as "5/10" before but I've changed my opinion. Game is good especially after some point. So: + gameplay. When you understand how to play in right way you will love fight system and gameplay. + atmosphere. I don't know
    My review contains some kind of spoilers...

So:
    + atmosphere. I don't know to describe it, but I love this world. I want to return to this world again and again.
    + Bosses. Not mini-bosses. Almost all "big bosses" are good. I've got too much fun from fighting with them.

- Boring game beginning.
    - Chained ogre from game beginning is too powerful and HAS TERRIBLE hitboxes. I just spent too much time here. Hard bosses is not bad but I'm not sure that add such bosses in beginning of game is good idea. 90% of players don't have understanding of gameplay when they meet him. And bosses have to have non-broken hiboxes
    - Areas after Blazing bull: AshinaReservoir and Ashina Castle are terrible. They have terrible mini-bosses, boss-fight arenas, pathes to mini-bosses. I wanted to delete game when I was there. Small room as boss-fight arena in game with terrible camera... Are you serious? Developers know that camera in soulsborne games are not really good. I;m sure they know but they use small room as boos-fight arena!
    - Fight system. Not the combat system itself because it is good but fact that you have no choice. You cannot be a cliric, a mage, an archer. You have only one weapon. There are no Threaded Cane, Rakuyo or Saw Cleaver. It's so annoying
    - repeating of bosses/min-bosess. Some mini-bosses are repeated 4-5 times!!! if you thought that Dark Souls 2 has a problems with bosses repeating I can say - no. DS2 has unique bosses if we compare it with Sekiro!
    - There are too few interesting items which you can find in the wold. Game has no weapons, rings(runes), armors. 90% of items which you can find in game are consumable items.
    - Boring way to Platinum achievement.

But after 2 walkthroughs I can say that game is really good. I hope that the developers will make work on the mistakes and we get 10/10 Bloodborne 2 or Sekiro 2. But now only 8/10
  42. Mar 24, 2019
    absolute frikin masterpiece what a game wow. mechanics are solid and the atmosphere is unlike any game i've played in a long time.
  43. Mar 26, 2019
    Amazing game, it's not Dark Souls, it's not Bloodborne, this is Sekiro. It has a lot of the DNA of Souls games, but it is a different game for sure. It's difficult, but it's not unbeatable, just don't give up and leave a salty review on metacritic, just because you are bad. The negative reviews are a joke, especially the one claiming it's ripping off Nioh.....Guess they never knew thatAmazing game, it's not Dark Souls, it's not Bloodborne, this is Sekiro. It has a lot of the DNA of Souls games, but it is a different game for sure. It's difficult, but it's not unbeatable, just don't give up and leave a salty review on metacritic, just because you are bad. The negative reviews are a joke, especially the one claiming it's ripping off Nioh.....Guess they never knew that Nioh came after the Soulsborne games, or that Tenchu was a From Soft title, and this game is 100% From Soft, not Nioh at all...

Whatever, point is, the game is fantastic, could easily be game of the year so far, but I doubt it will get the media appreciation it deserves. Great game, runs fantastic on PC (no ultrawide support and locked to 60fps, so I docked 1 point), other than that I get steady 60 fps at 1080p, and 1440p on a gtx 1070 and a 6600k. Beautiful, amazing level design, very fun, and challenging boss battles, with normal mobs that let you feel like a bad ass again after getting beat down by a boss for a few hours. Highly recommended, and to the idiot saying it's "QTE" combat..... I'm really not sure what game he's playing, you can break an enemys posture and do a death blow, but it's not straight forward to get to that point, Soulsborne games always had a finishing move after parries, or backstabs....this is the exact same thing, and nobody claimed those were QTE's, and just like in those games, you need to either parry, more than once on later mobs, to even get the deathblow, so it's not like you're just pressing A to one shot everyone.

Metacritic should really prune the reviews that exist just to trash a game, without a basic understanding of it. There's just no way anyone in their right mind could rate this lower than a 6, even if they couldn't get passed the first boss, you will still experience enough of the game to appreciate what is being done here, and that it was your own ineptitude that kept you from proceeding.
  44. Mar 23, 2019
    They tried to rip -off Nioh and failed at every corner. You can clearly tell things were ripped out of the game as well.
  45. Mar 25, 2019
    My first impression of this game was a bit "meh." I'm a soulsborne vet and I love things about those games that were clearly not a part of Sekiro (obscure story, collecting armor, lack of explanation about anything, creepy vibe).

However, after giving it five hours, I am convinced this game is yet another masterpiece of From's. Is it my favorite of theirs? No, it's going to take a lot to beat BB and DS, but it belongs and I know I'll be playing this one through many times.

If you're on the fence, take it from me and from other reviewers: you need to give it several hours before it "clicks." Get past some of the mini bosses, and the first main boss Gyoubu. Look up tips on how to beat him if necessary because it'll inform how to beat other bosses.

I'm an explorer and love finding secrets. Trust me, there are tons of those as you progress and you're rewarded for going off the beaten path.

Enjoy, use the wiki/youtube if you need, and give it a solid chance before giving up!
  46. Apr 11, 2019
    People who buy this need to understand that it's a story-driven action game, not an rpg. It's a story about a shinobi with the power of resurrection, saving his master. That means there is no character creation, no character builds, and you must play as one person in the same clothes all game. Imagine ninja gaiden iwith a souls twist. Blocking, while it works, is much less effective thanPeople who buy this need to understand that it's a story-driven action game, not an rpg. It's a story about a shinobi with the power of resurrection, saving his master. That means there is no character creation, no character builds, and you must play as one person in the same clothes all game. Imagine ninja gaiden iwith a souls twist. Blocking, while it works, is much less effective than parrying, LIKE AN ACTION GAME WOULD DO. This is an action game. not an rpg. You get permanent damage buffs when you beat main bosses, so don't worry about dying. Your healing flasks are permanant so don't worry about dying. Your skill points and money that level up skill trees can be grinded back in 5 minutes SO THERE IS NO REAL PENALTY FOR DYING. you know why? BECAUSE IT'S AN ACTION GAME. LIKE NINJA GAIDEN. IF YOU GOT YOUR BUTT KICKED IN NINJA GAIDEN THEN YOU DO THE RUN AGAIN. yes, this game is an endurance test. like ninja gaiden. the action game. Expand
  47. Mar 23, 2019
    Just like bloodborne, this game is another From Software masterpiece! I wish all games could be this polished and be created with this level of passion!
  48. May 21, 2019
    This is the first game i play from From Software. The aesthetic and the setting of this game drew me to it so i decided to give a shot.

Unfortunately, i lost interest in the game after about 15 hours. It felt like the game boiled down to simply memorizing attack patterns for bosses. Once you understand the parry system and that almost ANYTHING can be parried no matter the size of enemy. Trash mobs become a joke. Bosses mostly felt like a chore. If you're like me and have a very limited amount of time to play video games, you will likely not want to spend hours on a single boss and then you will cheese the encounter just to repeat the pattern. Due to the extreme difficulty though, it felt pretty good to beat the bosses.

The progression doesn't feel worth it. You get some new attacks, but your mostly good with your first spinning attack combat art that you unlock. Many skills are just passives that make you deal more posture damage or the ability to carry more spirit emblems. It just doesn't feel worth it. Don't get me wrong, they're super useful, it's just boring. Of the skills you do get that alter the way you play, only mikiri counter and chasing slice. Honestly I am tired to death of the sound effect for executions without even completing the game.

The threat of losing XP and money wasn't even tangible when I played, since you can just farm an area until you get a skill point, buy stuff for your hard earned money and then carry on without losing anything if you die. And there's the supposed "punishment" for dying which will lower your unseen aid. You will never have a use for unseen aid even if you keep your dragon rot at bay.

The prosthetic tools are fun, but the "loaded" upgrades you get are simply not useful because you will very rarely get the breathing room to use them. The game also tells you very little about what uses many of the tools have and you will simply have to try them out while you die over and over. Some prosthetic tools do massive posture damage to bosses when you have the right upgrade, but good luck finding out how to do it. I'm amazed by how some players first though of some of the things, it's just convoluted.

The different areas are varying, but the level design is not impressive. It is extremely linear with some verticality and often there are not many more ways to approach a situation than head on.

Story wise, it is pretty amazing, which makes me sad to abandon it. I will probably just watch a recap.
  49. Mar 26, 2019
    Con bastantes variantes a las sagas SOULS... que te hacen sentir una nueva aventura de calidad y muy entetenida, llena de retas y peleas emocionantes.

COMPRENLO!!!... es buenisimo :3., y si buscan verdaderos retos.... ya comprenlo! jajaja
  50. Apr 17, 2019
    This game is just as difficult as the dark souls games but it doesn't have the crutches. There are no cheap or OP weapons because the game has been balanced around only one. There is no summoning, so YOU have to be good enough to beat the bosses, not someone else. Leveling is dependent on game advancement, so there is no farming to over level and make the game easier.

This game takes

This game takes my favorite thing from DS - difficult bosses/gameplay to conquer giving huge accomplishment - and gets rid of all the extras. Instead of swapping in gear to help against fire like in Dark Souls, I'm spending all of my time thinking of new, improved, or perfected strategies. In DS the boss strategy often came down to just hanging back, learning attack patterns, now dodge and pick away. In Sekiro sometimes you have to be on the defensive, sometimes you have to be full offense, and everything in between. Super satisfying and HARD.
    9 for now, I expect a 10 when I'm done.

Update: Instant classic, easy 10. The game is even harder than I thought it was halfway through. Even after beating everything else the final boss feels like an insane difficulty spike. This game is not for everyone, but if you're up to the challenge I can't recommend it enough.
  51. Mar 22, 2019
    I 100% understand the team is wanting to branch out and try something new. I 100% understand this is in no way a spiritual successor to DS. However, if you want to make a totally new game that isn't tied to ypur other series.....DON'T LITERALLY MAKE ANOTHER DS GAME WITH MISSING KEY FEATURES!!!

This is litetally Nioh with all the RPG and loot elements ripped out. It feels EXACTLY like a Souls game while having none of the elements we expect. You can die in 3 hits...check, you have enemies that are "normal" and enemies that are "supernatural"...check, you have some massively disadvantageous cimbat system weighing against the player....check, you have the same graphics (albeit way prettier)...same weird camera angles for cutscenes...same weird voice acting, same movement system (not talking about the new jump and grappling mechanics), same "look, a long hallway, road, room, etc. with some generic adds to fight on my way to a miniboss/boss that will inevitably be massivly overpowered yet after dying 10+ times, i'll figure out his pattern and i'll be able to do it with a zweihander whist in my loincloth.....except that's impossible because you can't change his BLOODY BROWN BLAND COSTUME OR SWORD!"

I dont care if it isn't a Souls game......I'm super happy with the whole "no stamina" thing, actually, But give me armor/fashion elements and something other than that generic sword. Nion, at least, gave you stance changes. He's supposed to be a shinobi and, other than the totally fictional mech arm, at no point does he feel like a shinobi.

This "feels" like a Souls game but bland AF. If you want me to acknowledge your new game as not part of the Souls series and acknowledge you're doing something different.....dont give me a game that's half TenchuSouls, half Nioh and strip all the RPG and character customization from the game and say "totally new game...nothing like DS"

I had no idea this wasn't another SoulsLike game until I found out it had no RPG/customization. It feels, in every way, EXACTLY liie a Souls game.....yet Reddit is booming with all these toolbags saying "it's not a Souls game, stop comparing it". HOW IS IT NOT??!! Simply because they said the words "this isn't a Souls game"? You can't put cloths on a dog and say "it wears cloths...must be human"....no....it's just a dog in cloths. This is 100% a Souls game with 75% of what makes a Souls game addictive ripped out of it and then "slight of hand....look over here" somehow magically not a Souls game. Combats the EXACT same with slight new features (DS has block/shields, Bloodborne has gun parry, Sekiro has timed counter parry and jump, all three have the exact same dodge system), all three have the EXACT same difficulty "feel", same formula (adds to miniboss to boss), same estus flask, same generic items that do just about the same things, same praying at the alter/statue/etc. which restores estus and all the enemies, same home base you keep returning to to "level up"

It's a DS game they left out the RPG/custimization from, they changed less than 40% of the formula. If you say otherwise, you're wrong.....if you say it "feels different than a DS game" you're wrong (besides the glaring difference....no stamina and there's a grappling hook)

IT'S
  52. Jun 30, 2019
    Ok, so the game is beautiful. I loved the game for a few days. Until I got up to about the Hirata Estates. I then realized that I hated it. Yes, Sekiro tried something new and I do not like the changes to the game. The prosthetic arm, for example, is underpowered. Many enemies are overpowered for no reason. And your reward for defeating them? Well, not much. I've read many reviewsOk, so the game is beautiful. I loved the game for a few days. Until I got up to about the Hirata Estates. I then realized that I hated it. Yes, Sekiro tried something new and I do not like the changes to the game. The prosthetic arm, for example, is underpowered. Many enemies are overpowered for no reason. And your reward for defeating them? Well, not much. I've read many reviews that sum up how I feel this game a lot better than anything I can say. It's too difficult and not fun. I don't enjoy this game like I did the SoulsBorne series of games. It is missing the RPG element of the game and it really takes something out of the game . Big step backwards for me. And why am I fighting giant roosters?

Also, I think the rating system was hijacked to give this a 9. There is no way this game deserves a 9. Especially when one of the first boss battles is literally unwinnable and forces you to lose in order to progress the story. Ridiculous!

Level design is repetitive and blocky. Get used to Japanese pagodas in every area. No upgrades, no armor, use the same sword the whole game! What?

If you want to play a fun, Souls-like game, try God of War from 2018. Yes, this game really deserves a 9 or 10 out of 10. Unlike Suckiro. How is this even in the same league? FromSoftware and Cracktivision, take notes. This is how you make a fun yet challenging video game. You owe me $60 punks.
  53. Apr 17, 2019
    The game is great.
    The only problem is that you have no option of weapons, builds, etc. So if you don't like parry mechanic (deflect) bad for you, cause there is no other gameplay option here. If you like it (I do!) then it feels really good to play!

A lot of butthurts wanted this game to be another darksouls ¬¬'
  54. Mar 23, 2019
    Just awesome.
    I love Souls series. But this is something else.
    When Dark SOuls meets Tenchu & Ninja Gaiden.
    Incredible level design.

No more words. Just play this game.
  55. Apr 9, 2019
    Another home run from From Software. Some of these negative reviews are absurd. One person complained that there are no "wall stealth kills" and rated the game a 0. There ARE wall stealth kills. You have to hug the wall and wait for the exact moment the red dot flashes.
  56. Mar 23, 2019
    FromSoftware have grown into one of those studios whose game releases are big events. And I'm really glad as they are one of the few companies out there devoted to strong singleplayer games and the Soulsbourne games are one of the reasons I got into gaming.

That being said, Sekiro is a masterpiece. Its a natural evolution on the soulsbourne games and is different in all the right ways. I bestow my highest praises on FromSoftware, they are true masters of the art of making videogames, and while I play Sekiro, I eagerly await their next game no matter how long it takes.
  57. Mar 26, 2019
    Sekiro is a great addition to Bloodborne and the Souls series. Mastering the combat and stealth system is fun. Thanks to FromSoftware for this wonderful masterpiece, Sekiro is awesome!
  58. Apr 16, 2019
    I am die hard souls veteren. I want to say I love Sekiro, I really do, it is fantastic brutal action game, but it has its own problems that drags the score down from perfection.
    Pro 1.Combat Mechanic is the best in the market right now. Posture system, Deflecting, Jumping, Unblockable attack and of cousre the Mikiri (Counter thrust by step on enemy's weapon) are what make the game
    Pro
    1.Combat Mechanic is the best in the market right now. Posture system, Deflecting, Jumping, Unblockable attack and of cousre the Mikiri (Counter thrust by step on enemy's weapon) are what make the game unique and full of excitement. It is much much better than any soul game I've ever played. I hope Fromsoft continue this system.

2. Scenary is very beautiful and colorful.

3.Story is fair, at least much easier to understand.
    Cons
    1. Skill moves and Prothestic tools are underwhelming. They are looked cool as first but once you play the gamethoroughly, you will come to the conclusion that those things are just small gimmicks. Especially the skill moves, all of them are hardly be said that they are better than your normal attack. (Except, the skill called icjimon double, that one may be only skill that can be very useful in some fights). On the top of that, you can equip only 1 skill move at time, you can't even quick swap skill move. What the heck is with that ? This is 2018, there are so many games that allows you equip 4 skills at the same time. It is 100% possible. Does Miyazaki think it will be imbalance to do that ? I don't really understand at all.

Prothestic tools, however, can be helpful but it has limited use. In the end, what you will do most is normal attack, which lead to the lack of diversity in this game, thus lead to less replayability than other soul titles.
    2. Stealth mechanic is too powerful. You can kill most of enemies along the way with stealh, or just sneak past them, which makes combat along the way become trivial. The game only hard when come to boss fight that you can't stealth kill. Even Minibosses, you can outright destory half of their hp with stealth . What is fun about that ?. This game shines most from combat mechanic, not stealth mechanic. However, because stealth has almost no risk (very easy to do) but get same reward (exp) like you fight head on, so why should I fight head on ?. Moreover, stealth mechanic in this game is very mediocre, you get behind enemy or jump from above, that is it. I hope stealth get nerfed hard. It is ok to sneak pass, but not outright kill high hg enemies or half minibosses hp, right now it is way too strong.
    3.No multiplayer ? admit it, this decrease replayability. Besides, without coop system, many people can't finished this game due to the sheer difficulty. I am fine but some of my friends will not be able to play it.
    That is all for Sekiro. Beating the game first time I spent 50 hrs (but I explored and farmmed a lot to test each skill, the actual time should be like 30 hrs ). I definitely buy Sekiro 2 or DLC but for now, I think the all skill moves need hard buffs. Prothestic tools needs to more love with the upgraded version. Please nerf the stealth kill. The game is great.
  59. Mar 25, 2019
    While I can't exactly say it's as substantial or as replayable as Souls and Bloodborne, what Sekiro does offer is a well-polished, incredibly challenging action-adventure game with an intuitive combat system, lots of risk, and solid (albeit minimal) stealth mechanics. It is Dark Souls meets Tenchu, and if you're a fan of both, you shouldn't be disappointed.
  60. May 19, 2019
    Great game, but for me it´s From Software´s weakest game this generation. It´s lack of RPG elements and progression hurts the experience in my opinion. However, there is a lot of fun to be had here. The combat is the best of the Soul games, and it sets the foundation for more to come.
  61. May 1, 2019
    One of the best games I have ever played. I finished it last week through all endings and I am on my way to platinum the game through NG+. From the creators of the Souls and Bloodborne shows an epic tale of japan in the 16 century. A young Shinobi named Seikro is tasked by his foster father to protect a young boy who serves as an integral part of the story. The game introduces a newOne of the best games I have ever played. I finished it last week through all endings and I am on my way to platinum the game through NG+. From the creators of the Souls and Bloodborne shows an epic tale of japan in the 16 century. A young Shinobi named Seikro is tasked by his foster father to protect a young boy who serves as an integral part of the story. The game introduces a new gameplay mechanic unlike any that has been done by the souls series or bloodborne. If you play the game like those games then you will have a hard time completing the game. Whatever those game taught should be best forgotten because in this game enemies here will frustrate you hard and their attacks are stronger since this game does not have an upgrade in defense mechanic. The gameplay mechanic relies on attacking and deflection with those two on hand will help you win the battle easily and should be timed fast to counter your enemies. Your main character has a great speed movement with unlimited stamina which can be an advantage. People who will play the game as souls games must understand that your main focus is vitality and postures not stamina. Use prosthetics equipment overcome enemies and you will best bosses using those techniques. Expand
  62. Apr 8, 2019
    How to enjoy Sekiro:
    1. Deflect
    2. Deflect 3. Realise that this is NOT a soulsborne game 4. DEFLECT As a huge soulsborne player, after Dark Souls 3 I was actually aching for something new by FromSoft, and that's what I got. Sekiro takes the learnings from the recent FromSoft games and makes them into a classic stealth-action game with a twist. It repeatedly puts the player in
    How to enjoy Sekiro:
    1. Deflect
    2. Deflect
    3. Realise that this is NOT a soulsborne game
    4. DEFLECT

As a huge soulsborne player, after Dark Souls 3 I was actually aching for something new by FromSoft, and that's what I got. Sekiro takes the learnings from the recent FromSoft games and makes them into a classic stealth-action game with a twist. It repeatedly puts the player in positions where you feel absolutely hopeless in defeating a boss/miniboss, but through trial and error and not giving up (and 'getting gud') it is eventually possible, and success feels like sweet sweet FromSoft goodness. Graphics and designs are top notch of course.

Why is this not a 10? Music is a meh. I was hoping for a lot more replayability. Sadly there are not many varieties to play Sekiro in terms of builds etc. Combat arts would have potential for this, but sadly they are mostly underwhelming.

FromSoft shines when they make a new type of game, new world, new IP. We saw it with Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne and now we're seeing it with Sekiro. Great game.
  63. Mar 24, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i was amped for this game. Never played dark souls or bloodborne, but saw the preview at E3 and wanted to get into it.

What the first fight was a terrible glimpse into what became the complete opposite of what i wanted and thought the game was. Going into the first boss fight, I had the combat down and most of the timings. Im about 15% through the game and I really dont want to spend to much time on it as its just.....Repetitive (to much for a open world game).
    Forget the fact if you die, you lose half you gold and whatever else (it's pretty meaningless) but if you go rest after a tough fight, enemies respawn (besides bosses). Why developers did that is a question I guess is a continuation from past games.

The game looks good (Graphics are a bit poorer than i expected) but it is a open world game and the story is somewhat worth following. I wish they had a bit more "lead me to my next goal" type of thing and more weapons to choose from (Maybe i'm too early to change mu Katina) but its not a bad game.
  64. Mar 26, 2019
    Ojo no es para todos !!! no comprar sin jugar antes

Ojo no es para todos !!! no comprar sin jugar antes

Es un juego complejo ,profundo sin apenas instrucciones o guias y de elevada dificultad . Si eres un jugador casual que busca divertirse sin mas , este no es tu juego , no vas a encontrar graficos punteros , es mas parece de Ps3 . Yo tras unas 15 horas lo he abandonado porque requiere de muchas horas y esfuerzo que no tengo ni tampoco ganas la verdad porque al Red Dead Redeption 2 le he didicado mas de 100 horas y sigo cabalgando ...... pero es que RDR2 es espectacular solo verlo , este no lo es , asi de simple . Advertido quedas , juega antes de comprarlo o puede que malgastes tu dinero .
  65. Jul 14, 2019
    It has been years since the game lingered so long on my mind after I finished it. This is truly a masterpiece.
  66. Apr 8, 2019
    Great at times, tedious at times. After 45 hours or so I would have to admit this game is a step back from previous games. The game itself is punishing to start but you do get better, gamers will typically get to a point where it starts to feel tedious though.

The combat is all about the timing and deflections and it is hard, very hard. That in itself is not a bad thing but the payoff is very poorly done. You really get nothing for your hard work, all those deaths and trying over and over....no armour, no new weapons. The skill tree just eventually gets full, there is no real build to try.

Most people will just look up cheese strats, so many online to choose from. The combat has some depth but there will be zero depth in replayability. I like the game, I do not love it like I have with other From Software games.
  67. Apr 4, 2019
    Utterly amazing. At some point the combat clicks in your head, and the joy of deflection and careful negotiation of space provides an unparalleled feeling of satisfaction. I learned to watch the screen in a whole new way from playing this game.
  68. Mar 30, 2019
    Say goodbye to armor, primary weapons, varied and complex builds, emotes and any other roleplaying elements, coop, and pvp. This is not a soulsborne game and fans of the soulsborne franchises should not be misled into believing that the gameplay is similar. Virtually every system has been overhauled, for better or worse.
    In some ways this title is more friendly to new players than
    In some ways this title is more friendly to new players than previous ones because you'll never have to look at wall of stats that you'd have to dig around online to make sense of and you won't have the training scars from playing earlier titles. But in another way, it's much more hostile to new players because the difficulty scaling is unprecedented even for a From Software game.
    Grinding is mostly ineffectual as the only reward you get for grinding is Sen (the primary currency, which can be used to purchase consumables and in some cases prosthetic attachments) and Skill Points, which are used to purchase new acrobatic abilities for your character (only one of which can be slotted at a time). You cannot increase your HP pool or Posture by grinding and you cannot summon friendly NPCs to assist you in boss fights, meaning that when you get stuck on a boss your only option is to continue slamming your head against that wall until you win or quit the game.
    Many returning FromSoft fans that are hostile to new players, casuals, and the notion of accessibility in game design will see these changes as improvements, however I generally see them as a step backwards. I don't think it's good game design for the basic narrative elements to be inaccessible to many players (even some who are willing to spend countless hours trying to 'git gud').
    My single biggest complaint with the game is the reductive nature of the new combat system. Many players seem to feel that the combat system is more complex than ever, but I disagree and I will enumerate my reasons why: Poise has been all but removed from the game, weapon arts have been replaced by acrobatic skills, stamina management was replaced by posture, spirit emblems effectively replaced FP, the prosthetic replaced spell attunement, and the jump mechanic replaced the kick. The vast array of sorceries, miracles, and pyromancies (96 total in dark souls 3) have been replaced by 11 prosthetic attachments. In Dark Souls or Bloodborne there are a wide variety of different play styles and approaches that are equally viable for completing the PVE content. You can be a strong dude with heavy armor, a giant, slow weapon, and tons of poise that just knocks bosses on their asses and manages damage trades. You can use spellcasting as your primary strategy for virtually every boss in the game. You can use a dex character with high mobility and fast weapons that inflict status effects like bleed on enemies. They all do the job, and this fantastic variety makes for excellent replay value (even for the players that aren't interested in challenge runs).
    That's just not the case in Sekiro. You have one weapon, one basic play style, and bosses only have one or sometimes two different basic strategies that are viable to beat them. To make things worse, many of the acrobatic skills that can be acquired that are supposed to make the player feel like they're making progress and getting deeper gameplay are completely nullified by certain bosses. For example, unblockable thrust weapon attacks and some kicks can be countered with a skill called the mikiri counter and unblockable sweep attacks can be jumped over, followed by a swift kick to the face that deals a lot of posture damage. Certain bosses, like Genichiro Ashina (a required boss for story progression), for example, can completely nullify these abilities and punish the player for trying to take advantage of them. This removes depth from the combat and this tactic the developers use to increase the difficulty of the game is equally artificial as tactics like making a boss' attacks deal so much damage they're all one-shot kills or tripling the HP pool of the boss to make it harder.
    It certainly feels like the central principal of this game's design was to make it extremely difficult without regard for making the gameplay feel fair, varied, or balanced.
    These drawbacks are such an intrusive impediment to enjoying the game that they overshadow many pleasant qualities in the game. I like that they tried to challenge returning hardcore players by removing I-frames from dodges. I like the new grappling mechanic and how this frees up the artists who designed the maps to add an entirely new dimension to the areas you play in. The visuals and voice acting are superb, and there appears to be just as much effort put into developing the lore of this game universe as previous titles. There are tons of different boss fights to be had in this game with 15 bosses and 29 Mini-bosses, although some of them are effectively just re-skins. I love FromSoft and their games, but I think this one was simply a step in the wrong direction. 6/10
  69. Mar 22, 2019
    Mil vezes melhor que o repetitivo Nioh..

Quem jogou Tenchu? Esse jogo é um Tenchu + DarkBorne

SENSACIONAL!!!
  70. Mar 30, 2019
    Sekiro feels like Souls without a lot of the RPG elements, and then stealth thrown in, in its place. You can count on the same clean, crisp controls and graphic-style, etc. combat is different but with some similar elements like guarding, parrying (deflecting), etc.

Combat is brutal and unforgiving. Each enemy often takes a whole new approach on combat, so be prepared for frustration and learning.

I love it and couldn't point out any glaring flaws, but the difficulty is extreme, even for the seasoned gamer or Souls player. Wouldn't recommend this to a casual gamer who doesn't like a challenge.
  71. May 25, 2019
    It's ok if you want to make a hard game, but when you do make sure you give players the best tools so we can do the job fairly. This is not the case with sekiro. This is the game where the developer still want your money and do whatever they want to players without consent. I know you can deflect, parry and dodge the attacts, but pretty much most of times it's about rock paper scissors.It's ok if you want to make a hard game, but when you do make sure you give players the best tools so we can do the job fairly. This is not the case with sekiro. This is the game where the developer still want your money and do whatever they want to players without consent. I know you can deflect, parry and dodge the attacts, but pretty much most of times it's about rock paper scissors. Most tools and moves are pretty much useless too, only some of them are useful, and i don't understand why a badass shinobi like wolf/sekiro needs 3-5 second pause to drink his potion while the enemy in front of him is going haywire. Also some technical issues like camera and unresponsive control {PS4 version played), especially when you fight a boss in a confined space the camera just going haywire and i don't even know the position of the boss is, next thing i know i got slashed from behind and walah...DEAD. I clocked this game for 70 hours and i spent most of those hours on bosses. Yeah yeah i know you the badass gamer will say "You suck man", But you probably don't have family or a job, but i do. The reason i played this game is because of the hype and i don't want to waste money on the game i already bought. Lastly this is gonna be the first time and the last time i play fromsoftware game. Thanks fromsoftware for wasting 70 hours of my time. Expand
  72. Apr 1, 2019
    I've played Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3, and Bloodbourne and they all have one thing in common: I've never finished any of them. I simply get bored of the combat which comes down to three tactics: Block and poke, dodge and poke, or circle the enemy and poke in the rear. Sekiro trims away the dross and option anxiety of upgrading the character, upgrading the armor, blah blah, and instead givesI've played Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3, and Bloodbourne and they all have one thing in common: I've never finished any of them. I simply get bored of the combat which comes down to three tactics: Block and poke, dodge and poke, or circle the enemy and poke in the rear. Sekiro trims away the dross and option anxiety of upgrading the character, upgrading the armor, blah blah, and instead gives you robust combat system where enemy knowledge is essential. My only criticism is that the engine and graphics are a little tired. Simply put, it's the one From Software game that stays compelling.

P.S. One reviewer below claims that no game can be a 0 or a 10. Sez who?
  73. Apr 30, 2019
    For me its a 7 because two main reasons: the repetition of some stages and enemies and, and most important, the excess of exigency. I'm a Dark Souls veteran. I've played all 3, Dark Souls 1 blew my mind and I played it a lot. I completed Bloodborne because of my love towards FROM, didn't liked it because terror is not my genre, but appreciated it. Now I wanted to love Sekiro, I'm a big fanFor me its a 7 because two main reasons: the repetition of some stages and enemies and, and most important, the excess of exigency. I'm a Dark Souls veteran. I've played all 3, Dark Souls 1 blew my mind and I played it a lot. I completed Bloodborne because of my love towards FROM, didn't liked it because terror is not my genre, but appreciated it. Now I wanted to love Sekiro, I'm a big fan of japanese culture, and I really wanted to love it. But, after 3 runs, and having completed it once. I'm too tired. The parry system is too stressful, and I don't like to feel that vulnerable. Besides, the final boss is really unfair (in my opinion) because it is NECESSARY to complete the game. If it was an optional boss I wouldn't have a problem with its absurd exigency but since you need to beat him to complete the game, for me it was a wall, and I didn't enjoyed it, I endured it. When I finally beat it I felt relief, not joy. I think its time for FROM software to rethink the accessibility of their games. I think they don't need to make difficult games just because that's their brand. They have other qualities: great action, atmosphere, music and design. And there are a ton of masterpieces with difficulty selector. I hope they wanted their games to reach everybody. Expand
  74. Apr 15, 2019
    after playing the game for over 30 plus hours I can safely say that i am absolutely in love with the game. you HAVE to go with an open mind (ive payed all souls borne games) the mechanics is completely different. however the satisfaction you get by breaking the posture of a difficult enemy is the same as killing Father Gasoline or defeating the nameless king.
    There will be a point when
    There will be a point when you will "get it" it all about perseverance and the rewards are there to be reaped
  75. Mar 24, 2019
    Fantastic, spectacular, amazing, difficult, crisp, fresh, electrifying, superb!

Fantastic, spectacular, amazing, difficult, crisp, fresh, electrifying, superb!

The game is everything I hoped it will be, but above all, it bring a fresh, demanding combat system for anyone who wants to push their limits and be challenged! No longer you can fall back to always safe methods like spamming rolls, or cower behind the shield. In the spirit of samurai classics like Go Rin No Sho or Hagakure, Sekiro wants you to face the danger head on - unflinching, with straight body and alert mind, depending on your well honed defensive reflexes to push on attack until you break the enemy's posture and score a deathblow, brushing aside attacks and tricks of your foes as you go. The feeling of accomplishment after defeating a boss in this game is unrivaled.

Compared to tired, formulaic "triple A" games-as-service like Anthem or Assassin's Creed that offer only ego pampering and boring routine sprinkled with a few trinkets from lootboxes, Sekiro does not want to scam you for extra money with lootbox lottery, does not want to hook you up for boredom shifts that resemble work, no, Sekiro is a honest, purely single player game cooked with raw difficulty, solid, well thought design and thick, immersive atmosphere we know from the Souls games.

Congrats, From Software, you have conquered the gaming world again!
  76. Mar 22, 2019
    I love it. Finally is the first title from software that I am able to play . The combat system is awesome, with bloodborne I could play , too slow to attack, this one is faster and really reflex skill based , obviously technically is not the best as FS always been. But the gameplay is just nice.
  77. Mar 29, 2019
    Usan la excusa del "Prepare to die" para hacerse los interesantes con esa dificultad y la han elevado a la enésima potencia. Basan la jugabilidad en el "parry" haciéndola tediosa, repetitiva y aburrida. Miyazaki debería recibir un toque de atención y replantearse algunas cosas sobre sus juegos.
  78. Apr 22, 2019
    I don't know how to begin First of all I am playing this game because I shelled out $60 and is was From Software. I have played all their games since Demon Souls. This new game, Sekiro, is so ridiculous. The deflect does NOT work on PS4. Every time I try I get killed. The merchants are always sold out. Stingy much? I can't talk to a merchant or npc because I get killed.I don't know how to begin First of all I am playing this game because I shelled out $60 and is was From Software. I have played all their games since Demon Souls. This new game, Sekiro, is so ridiculous. The deflect does NOT work on PS4. Every time I try I get killed. The merchants are always sold out. Stingy much? I can't talk to a merchant or npc because I get killed. Sometimes when I used the death blow, I get attacked by another enemy. The mini bosses are boring, and a repeat of the mini boss that came before it. I have to die 100 times to learn a cheese, or master AI. I have to go on the internet, which never happened in the souls or Bloodbourne series. My husband has to kill all my bosses. This game is sexist, and not meant for women or people with physical disabilities to play. I am not an 18 year old boy with incredible reflexes. The Owl boss is way to long. In other words this game is NOT fun. Too many overpowered bosses, to little healing wares. The world is fun to explore, but I dread the boss fights. I don't feel confident going in to them. I always enjoyed the bosses in the souls game. They were at least fair. This game is a step backwards for From and I am totally disappointed. From needs to rethink this game and its difficulty. They are going to lose their loyal fan base. I am really upset because I was looking forward to another From game. I am telling all my friends to stay away from this one. I am rating it a O Please pass this along to someone who will be concerned about the people who buy their games. We al want a DS4 game. Expand
  79. Mar 22, 2019
    Aquela sensação de medo e de não saber o que te aguarda que a fromsoftware faz com maestria, simplesmente incrível, cada cenário cada inimigo tudo jogão
  80. Mar 28, 2019
    Amazing game, challenging but very satisfying, masterpiece, to enjoy hours and hours
  81. Mar 24, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an action game that strong mix-up of Tenchu and Nioh.
    The plot takes place of the fantastic sengoku era of Japan. Controlling a sole protagonist one-armed ninja who fight against demons and their minions. The main character “Okami” will be facing with numerous strong enemies, such as: giant snake, golem-like undead samurai warriors, ogres, kunoichis and lots of inhuman beings throughout the game.

Comparing to Dark Souls series, Sekiro is a quite different game. You can either finish off your opponents by full stealth technique or one vs all melee combat style. You can sneak on the ledges, roofs, hills or hiding in the bushes, inside of the walls (just like Tenchu series). Our main character can learn new techniques and collect many new items, power-ups in addition to to his sub-weapons. The combat is heavily based on “sword on sword” gameplay. You can also use your “grappling hook” a lot along with the other gears you have. Unlike the Souls series, you have to be capable with one single character and his skills. Battle and dodge system is perfect despite some difficulties you have to struggle with, at the beginning.

I can clearly say that boss battles so tough yet super fascinating (sometimes frustrating). So therefore, game gives you a ressurrection option whenever you beaten up. Not to mention this is a fast paced game.

There are some similarity between the Souls game and Sekiro since it’s the spiritual successor of Souls games. Boss fights, bonfires and estus-like potions just some of them. The campaign has influenced by Souls/Bloodborne theme. The atmosphere is so epic, especially during the boss battles. Surprisingly some clashes are harder then any normal boss battle.

Visuals are gorgeous but i can’t say the same for the frame-rates. Even PS4 Pro and Xbox One X can’t handle with the stable frame rate at lower resolutions (it barely hits 45fps). This is a big flaw of the game unfortunately, i hope they fixed it with a proper patch soon. Sounds, voices, soundtrack, they all awesome and you can feel the heat!

From Software did a great job on this game. Along with DMC 5, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twices is one of the best action-adventure game of 2019. Highly recommending this game for all DS and epic journey fans. Play on.
  82. Apr 4, 2019
    AMAZING but very very HARD ! .. if you arent ready to rage and yell you wont enjoy this game , i for one loved it a lot , its different from the DS & BB series and much more adventure oriented , Bosses are great and challenging even mini-bosses are fun, areas are beautiful and the lore is rich .. i loved more than anything the abilities you have or gain , didn't even think they'd make itAMAZING but very very HARD ! .. if you arent ready to rage and yell you wont enjoy this game , i for one loved it a lot , its different from the DS & BB series and much more adventure oriented , Bosses are great and challenging even mini-bosses are fun, areas are beautiful and the lore is rich .. i loved more than anything the abilities you have or gain , didn't even think they'd make it this detailed and complex , the least thing i liked was the main character tho , its the first time we get one that is fully written and we cant make .. the rest is perfect IMO .. 10/10 i have high expectations from FS but this game was a sweet surprise ! Expand
  83. May 18, 2019
    Shameful clone of Nioh.

They even copy the overall musical theme (yeah saying that they're japanese tune is not an excuse). They clone the design, locations, literally everything. You would not be able to distinguish the two games if they were not set in two slightly different japanese periods, so the overall architecture is just slightly different. The only difference is that combat
    Shameful clone of Nioh.

The only difference is that combat in Nioh is thousands of times better than this mess.

However, given the big name of From Software, they're able to get away with it just fine. Very, very shameful to do something like that in my opinion.

The game itself has literally nothing. It's just a bad version of Bloodborne, with even less weapons (i.e. no weapons at all), armors (no armors at all), and items (no items at all).

Most likely this took like 2 weeks for From Software to develop, they just stripped Bloodborne to the bare minimum to call it a game, reskinned it after the success of Nioh (deserved success, it's a masterpiece) and put it on the market.

I really don't understand the high scores...don't waste your money like I did. It's a very bad game, filled with the usual From Software bugs, which here are even more extreme. There are countless instances of enemies standing in front of a wall doing nothing.

The game is to be played stealthy, in theory. In practice most enemies can see you through walls, breaking your stealth.

The combat, as pointed out by many many users, feels random at best. Forget the strategy and rewarding gameplay of Dark Souls. This is something inbetween Lord Of The Fallen and The Surge. Sometimes something happens, you have no idea why. You acquire new skills, they're completely useless against enemies.

Nothing does any damage at all. Shuriken? No damage (in Nioh you could do a ninja build killing a boss only with shurikens). Axe? No damage (I hit a boss in the face with the axe, no damage at all). The fire crap? No damage.
    Basically the shinobi arm is just a gimmick that you will soon forget about, because it's completely useless against bosses and mini-bosses, no item you can ever mount there will do any sort of damage.
    Of course there's no healing and each and every boss and miniboss will always oneshoot you, no matter what.

Deflecting simply does not work, it requires timings so precise that it's impossible to achieve with the absurd amount of input lag the game suffers from. You have L1 pressed, you release it, you press R1, the game acts as you pressed R1+L1. This is the first time ever I see this in a game.

The only strategy that works for bosses and mini-bosses is to look up online what is the trick to cheese them, because most of them are vulnerable to some sort of buggy AI behavior. You need to execute exactly the outlined movements, always the same, always in the same exact way. Just hitting the boss with your sword won't do any damage.

Where's the fun in that? It's not even a matter of difficulty (I can go over Dark Souls 1/2/3 and Bloodborne easily), it's just too much repetitive. If you played Lords Of The Fallen, you know what I mean.

What a wasted opportunity.
  84. Apr 7, 2019
    This is my 3rd From Software game. I've played in PS4 DK3, Bloodborne and now Sekiro. I must also say I've also played Nioh. Sekiro has an unique mechanic for the From Software genre, it has a nice story, around 50 bosses if you count with mini bosses, great sword fighting moments. The most impressive is the way Sekiro style moves through the history, it begins as a Medieval Japan in War,This is my 3rd From Software game. I've played in PS4 DK3, Bloodborne and now Sekiro. I must also say I've also played Nioh. Sekiro has an unique mechanic for the From Software genre, it has a nice story, around 50 bosses if you count with mini bosses, great sword fighting moments. The most impressive is the way Sekiro style moves through the history, it begins as a Medieval Japan in War, shifts from beautiful gardens to deep valleys, and depending on the history you choose, evolves to a Mythical genre, of which I enjoy more. I find hard to review this game because I enjoyed the gameplay, mechanics, however the difficulty is not always fair, especially through mini bosses. Anyway, I found it better than Bloodborne, but Dark Souls 3 and Nioh are still better games. In the end, if it comes a new Sekiro game, I shall also play, but I hope From Software evolve in the graphics/visual thing, as it seems the same from the last 3 games. Expand
  85. Mar 28, 2019
    Ragey bois need to put the controllers down and find other ways to vent than bashing on another FS masterpiece. No it's not DS. No it's not BB. This is Sekiro and no matter how much of a GOD you were at the former, you'll need to rethink your strategy and get good (absolutely no pun intended) because right now you are not.
    To others; NO the gameplay is not clunky, NO the graphics aren't
    To others; NO the gameplay is not clunky, NO the graphics aren't inferior to prior FS titles (they have slightly improved) and don't be mistaken because apart from the "Japanese" levels you'll definitely encounter some truly nightmarish Soulsborney areas you wish you hadn't. Enjoy !
  86. May 26, 2019
    First things' first - do not let anyone fool you - Sekiro is a mechanically streamlined Soulsborne game, with unforgiving difficulty. That's not inherently a bad thing; it just so happens that in this case - it is. It looks, moves and plays like a Soulsborne game, but lacks in every single departments when stacked against its superior brethren.

Combat focuses on deflection more than

Combat focuses on deflection more than even Bloodborne did, and where Posture used to diminish a Stamina bar that also managed strikes and running, Posture is now the only game in town. This means that managing your own Posture is extremely easy, whilst breaking the enemy's is extremely effective, significantly diminishing threats to your person if you are prepared. That, in turn, removes a lot of the excitement of meeting new foes - they will rarely surprise you, and often, their dull moveset will only vary in timing.

Structurally, Sekiro does a lot less than Soulsborne games. By removing the outrageous fantasy settings of its older, wiser siblings, Sekiro is now a game of very few visual themes - everything is a goddamn Pagoda in a forest, be it dark, well lit, partially underwater or covered in Sakura blossom. It's all the same design. Gone are the fantastic sprawls, the magnificent views, the disjointed hellscapes - it's all Pagodas, making exploration dull and uninspiring. What's jarring is that this is still a fantasy game, but with barely a smidgen of imagination and complex design of other Soulsborne games. 90% of the time, you are in or on a pagoda. 75% of the enemies are a human with a sword. All caves are caves, all ravines are ravines - maybe toss in a Buddha statue to give it some diversity. In Sekiro there is nothing quite imaginative, twisted or whimsical - like Dark Souls 2's fixation on castles and knights were somewhat overbearing, Sekiro crushes overbearing by cranking up pagodas, bland ravines and samurais to 11.

What Sekiro lacks in twisted dark and macabre level design, it tries to make up with Spider-Man style swinging. Given how clunky movement is in these games, it's surprisingly functional, and makes traversal a breeze... but is that a good thing? I remember how, when the truly fantastic Enslaved: Odyssey to the West came out, it was panned for the climbing sections being on-rails and sticky, unlike other games with climbing mechanics at the time (Uncharted, Tomb Raider etc.), removing a sense of urgency and risk. I think this critique applies equally to Sekiro - traversal is no longer a challenge, no longer engaging the player, with hook points popping up on the HUD to prompt a button press to zoom out to the next area. It does give a sense of verticality, but that does not make for good or challenging level design. Players just zoom around until the next action segment without a second thought to their unimpactful environment, which played such a massive role in previous games.

There isn't much to say about steath. It often feels like cheating by how much easier it makes certain segments, but is another point to make towards calling Sekiro a Soulsborne game - the AI is so absurdly Soulsborne by how awful and plain it is in its very core, that stealth segments are a bit of a joke, and simply a mechanic that does not work.

Finally - the paper thin plot is again, that of breaking immortality. I don't mind hearing this story told over and over in Soulsborne games, where the world is rich and the details are oozing from everything - but the more Sekiro tries to tell its bland story, the more it becomes a cringy, lightweight retread.

And finally - the bosses and minibosses in Sekiro are just awful. Prepare to fight each mini-boss three times or more, and some major bosses, too. Huge life bars make for annoying, boring trial-and-error driven combat that provides no breaks to players. Combine that with a lack of flexibility, lack of leveling-up, lack of robust abilities, lack of multiplayer, and that leaves you with simply beating these highly specific and incredibly boring skill-checks that are there to prevent you from breezing through the easy main game by challenging you to memorize their moveset, rather than improvise, adapt and beat them by using raw skill, luck, overall preparedness or a well-rounded character. If you do not rehearse Sekiro's battles, you will fail - full stop. That's not fun, that's just repetition.

I ended up beating Sekiro twice, and enjoying my second playthrough more once I got over all that disappointment. It is not a particularly bad game. But it looks, plays and has the same pedigree as truly great games, which is why Sekiro being so medicore in every single aspect brings such shame upon it. Am I angry Sekiro is "Not a Soulsborne game"? No - I would love to see From try their hand at other games. But Sekiro IS a Soulsborne game - a bland, uneven, uninspired, unimaginative, slightly boring, frustrating, repetitive and downgraded Soulsborne game with an automatic hookshot. And that just sucks.
  87. Mar 23, 2019
    Not a bad game, just don't understand what the hype is about.

Given all the hype that was surrounding this game, I was really looking forward to it, and in all honest I have enjoyed playing it. I just don't get what everyone is so up in arms with it about. For starters, the game's story is really good, honestly, with a character you can really sink your time into in Sekiro. It's
    Not a bad game, just don't understand what the hype is about.

For starters, the game's story is really good, honestly, with a character you can really sink your time into in Sekiro. It's FromSoftware's first protagonist that you can actually develop with in terms of character. Sekiro is a pure bad-ass for sure. While the grappling hook is a clear steal from a well known Nintendo franchise, it is used very well in this game in for the stealth aspect. The action overall action isn't bad either.

Thank you for finally adding a freaking jump button. That may not seem like much of a concern to others, but a jump button really helps me manuaver through a battle better than simply rolling/dodging. That's just me. Also, I love the "no stamina" gauge idea. Personally, I always felt that games that featured a stamina gauge steered the advantage towards enemies/bosses because it always seemed like they had unlimited stamina (even if they had a gauge).

So why the mediocre 7/10 score? To put it simply, this game doesn't really add anything new to the genre for me. Let's be real, if this wasn't a FromSoftware game, would you even care? Let's take off the rose-colored glasses for a second.

First off, as mentioned by others, the only main weapon in this game is a katana (and some shuriken). While it may not seem like a big deal, it really is. It makes every battle the same. Either you stealth stab someone with your sword, or you rush an cut them with your sword. In ancient history, ninjas (shinobi included) used various weapons such as blowguns, caltrops, hook swords, chigiriki (flail), kusari-gama (chained-blade), polearms, and even some bows. So, why the lack of variety in this game? Even the most basic of action games gave the player a bit of variety in order to help them decide how to approach battles. Even the 8 bit Zelda games gave you a bow and a hammer.

The graphics leave a bit to be desired (especially from a 2019), however, that doesn't bother me quite as much as others. As long as the game doesn't break, I'm OK with it.

Going back to combat, it feels really weird that the game is based off of breaking enemy guard and parrying, and yet, there is no stamina. It sort of makes you sit back and say, "Well, what't the difference?" because, well, what is the difference? Isn't that a stamina thing? Fights are more fast-paced, but it given you essentially have to use the same patience as other FromSoftware titles, it can make harder battles (particularly boss battles) feel like "hurry up and wait" kind of strategy.

Also, for a game that is getting such praise, I expected something...different. Pretty much every mechanic from this game has been used before in wide variety. The grappling hook, as mentioned, was used in the Zelda games, the parrying/guard-break mechanic was used in many games including previous FromSoftware titles, the cinematic death-dealing blows have been used by God of War since the beginning, reviving on the spot or at previous checkpoints has been used in pretty much every game, the ninja stealth mechanic was the basis of the entire Shinobido series (hell Sekiro even looks like Goh from that game), even the revenge story in this game is pretty copy and paste from various other revenge story games.

I think that because this is a FromSoftware title, its getting quite a bit more accolade than it deserves. That's not to say this is a bad game because its not. In terms of action games, it should satisfy anyone who has an itch for it with FS's trademark difficulty. However, as far as anything special or new to the genre, I would argue that Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is more original than Sekiro.

TL;DR: Not a bad game, just over-hyped.
  88. Mar 25, 2019
    For me, this game is a love letter for adult gamers.
    For me, this game is a love letter for adult gamers.
    From Software got the essence of video games with this gem, and made it for the real gamers. Those who put hours on developing skills and trying to overcame what the game offers to you. It is a very HARD game, maybe the hardest I ever played, but is possible to beat it, you just gotta put some heart in it, and the game will stick with you for a very long time. Mark my words: the game will go how in history as a classic. Thank you From Software! You guys have courage, and we salute you!
  89. Mar 28, 2019
    Fun game with balance issues.
    Posture gimmick defeats the purpose of a health bar. Build it up and watch 100% of their life drop to zero in a devastating death blow attack.
    You're going to need to get used to this as your sword is inferior to plastic knives in terms of damage. When it comes to dealing damage enemies might as well have lightsabers. You can do a 10 hit combo and if
    Fun game with balance issues.
    When it comes to dealing damage enemies might as well have lightsabers.
    You can do a 10 hit combo and if you're lucky the enemy MIGHT notice a slight itch going on only to find you struggling to do any kind of damage.
    Why the player has a posture gauge is beyond me.
    Attack the enemy 50 times you'll get about 50% of the job done.
    Get hit once by the enemy and you'll slip into a small seizure party.

If you're looking for a hardcore blocking simulator this game is for you.
    It's a fun game but hardly in the same league as Bloodborne or any other souls game for that matter.
  90. Mar 24, 2019
    Literally pay no real attention to 70% of the negative reviews. Sekiro is on a class all on it's own and From Software has said countless times that it was targeting pure action, rather than anything you would consider "deep" like countless RPG elements. Sekiro is an Action-RPG and that last part is because of the utility offered by items, prosthetic tools earned throughout the game (whichLiterally pay no real attention to 70% of the negative reviews. Sekiro is on a class all on it's own and From Software has said countless times that it was targeting pure action, rather than anything you would consider "deep" like countless RPG elements. Sekiro is an Action-RPG and that last part is because of the utility offered by items, prosthetic tools earned throughout the game (which are essentially like spells or weapon morphs in Bloodborne), and other stat related enhancements and even deadly. Sekiro is not Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, SoulsBorne, wtf-etc! It's masterclass enemy design, animations, stealth, action mechanics, unique NPC quests, and it's "lovely" killer roosters :) not to mention some of the best fuc*** boss battles I've played in a video game! If you don't like sekiro, sekiro doesn't care... you already 死 Expand
  91. May 31, 2019
    Only for those that are strong, Sekiro has a very steep learning curve but once you get it, the combats and explorations are unique.
  92. Apr 9, 2019
    Версия для PS4 крайне ужасная. Множество игроков данной консоли по окончанию моего отзыва могут сказать: "Не знаю о чем ты говоришь, у нас такого не было". А все просто, они не видели и не играли в версию на PC. Игра строится полностью на таймингах, даже если ты увернулся по анимации, но не попал в тайминг, то противник тебе все-равно нанесет урон. И я не говорю об автонаводке, об огре иВерсия для PS4 крайне ужасная. Множество игроков данной консоли по окончанию моего отзыва могут сказать: "Не знаю о чем ты говоришь, у нас такого не было". А все просто, они не видели и не играли в версию на PC. Игра строится полностью на таймингах, даже если ты увернулся по анимации, но не попал в тайминг, то противник тебе все-равно нанесет урон. И я не говорю об автонаводке, об огре и сломанных хитбоксах. Я говорю о таймингах. Не успел нажать нужную кнопку в отведенные пол секунды, значит ты проиграл. Так вот, представьте. В вас летит катана, вы нажимаете на парирование и тут фпс дропается. На немного, но этого достаточно, чтобы игра не засчитала нажатия. Я два дня пытался вынести финального босса на PS4 и не выходило. И после десятков попыток полных ненависти к импут лагу в этой игре, я решил поставить на PC. И в итоге я вынес финального босса на компе с пятой попытки
    А теперь кратко о минусах и плюсах данной игры, и да оценка 2/10 - это только на PS4, игре в целом я бы дал 7/10.
    Плюсы:
    1. Атмосфера. Играть только с японской озвучкой. Иначе атмосфера будет слабее.
    2. Боевка, да она однообразная и сложная пока ее не освоишь, но от нее получаешь удовольствие.
    3. Последняя открываемая локация при не казуальных концовках великолепна.
    4. Геометрия уровней, их хочется изучать, но..
    Минусы.
    1. Изучать их смысла нет, игра не дает интересных предметов, элементов одежды, которые бы раскрывали игру, как это было в других играх мастера. Ты будешь получать лишь бусты и камешки...
    2. Музыкальное сопровождение однообразное и не запоминается.
    3. Нет эпичности, лишь один босс удивил.
    4. Крайне мало боссов
    5. Минимальная грань между боссами и минибоссами. Вначале игры минибосы намного сложнее боссов
    6. Фарм, я не понимаю почему в этой игре нет микротранзакций с ресурсами для улучшений и деньгами. Ибо баланс идеально построен под фарм. Если хочешь открыть все навыки и протезы, добро пожаловать в часы зачистки тех же самых локаций.
    7. Протез, его применение - это дело вкуса. Но его минус в другом. Эмблемы духа могут закончиться на финальных боссах и тогда нужно возвращаться к 6 пункту.
    8. Навыки, из них полезные для перового прохождения лишь 1/3 остальные дают минимальный прирост к полезности, либо его можно вообще не заметить.
    9. Лор - он минимальный. Эту игру точно фромсофтвере делали?
    10. Сюжет. Лютая банальщина.
    11. Камера. Шел 2019 год, товарищи японцы не знают, что при приближении к стене персонажа, ее надо делать прозрачной, а не переводить игру с третьего лица в "первое".
    И знаете, при том сколько я перечислил минусов, данной игре на PC я бы поставил 7/10. Так как от игры можно получить удовольствие и насладиться ею.
  93. Mar 23, 2019
    Ok so first off I don't like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I like them from the outside (as in I think they look like great games in terms of environments, bosses etc.) but when I gave them a go I hated the repetitive corpse runs, rarity of checkpoints and lack of story focus. I know hardcore fans love all that but it felt tedious to me and I was always disappointed that I couldn't get intoOk so first off I don't like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I like them from the outside (as in I think they look like great games in terms of environments, bosses etc.) but when I gave them a go I hated the repetitive corpse runs, rarity of checkpoints and lack of story focus. I know hardcore fans love all that but it felt tedious to me and I was always disappointed that I couldn't get into them (I got as far as Father Gascoine in BB).

Despite all that I still pre-ordered Sekiro because it looked amazing when watching the trailers and gameplay videos. I'm happy to say that I have finally found a From Soft game that I can actually enjoy. This game is hard AF but it's so good and when you die it doesn't feel unfair or cheap. The combat is fast and fluid and the movement feels unrestricted and free (can actually jump and climb!). The skills tree is way better than having a list of stats as well, and after each boss you get a prayer bead, once you get 4 you can unlock a health & posture boost. This takes away the grinding element as you can't just grind to improve health or posture before a boss. This probably makes it harder in some ways but I prefer it.

The story is also a lot clearer (although you still have to piece things together) and a proper protagonist is much better IMO as it gives some purpose to what you are doing. I haven't completed it yet I've just got past the poisonous drunkard boss from the trailer but so far I'm loving it.

If you like action adventure games then you will definitely love this as it's incredible. Even if you don't like soulsborne games give this one a try as it's a lot more accessible than previous titles. The combat and general movement are more fluid, the checkpoints are spread out more sensibly, and there is much more overall polish in terms of final product.
  94. Mar 22, 2019
    as expected sekiro is another great game by fromsoftware which seems they cant make a mistake with their games . The game has some elements which reminds dark souls though with many new ideas overall . I cant say it is better than dark souls or bloodborne though it is almost an entirely different game so no one should compare them directly and it is also a great game in its own unique wayas expected sekiro is another great game by fromsoftware which seems they cant make a mistake with their games . The game has some elements which reminds dark souls though with many new ideas overall . I cant say it is better than dark souls or bloodborne though it is almost an entirely different game so no one should compare them directly and it is also a great game in its own unique way and style . In general it has a pretty enjoyable and complex combat system , it gives you more freedom on how you want to approach with jumping and parkour around and it also offers a way better stealth gameplay than any of the soul games . Of course it has a great design with some amazing graphics combining with an interesting scenario . Overall yet another great game for 2019 and we have not even reach the half of it . Expand
  95. Mar 23, 2019
    Great game! I had high expectation and am not disappointed. Maybe I'll love it more than RE2. Too early to say. But it's definitely worth it.
  96. Apr 2, 2019
    Perfect balance, amazing fighting system, rich atmosphere make this game a pure brilliant
  97. Mar 25, 2019
    This game is NOT for the filthy casuals (APEX, Madden, Fortnite, NBA2K) and the salty complainers about the game's difficulty.. or Please stop writing negative reviews since you are NOT qualified to play this game. This game separates the men from the boys.. The Dark Souls & Bloodborne fans assume this will be similar, but has a rude awakening - ITS NOT! This is a game that requiresThis game is NOT for the filthy casuals (APEX, Madden, Fortnite, NBA2K) and the salty complainers about the game's difficulty.. or Please stop writing negative reviews since you are NOT qualified to play this game. This game separates the men from the boys.. The Dark Souls & Bloodborne fans assume this will be similar, but has a rude awakening - ITS NOT! This is a game that requires a lot of concentration, patience and perseverance. If you don't have the patience to die 100X to learn how to defeat some of the toughest bosses then this game is NOT for you.. This game is designed specifically for intelligent gamers that have refined tastes.

I have put in about 15hrs+ and so far I would give this 9.5 overall. It's an absolute fantastic game! The story is absolutely memorizing and the battles are intense.. You have to be patient, smart, and just plain "git gud". The graphics people complaining about seems pretty pathetic.. The GRAPHICS ARE GREAT! I would give it a 9/10.. Is it God of War graphics good no, but its not freaken PS2 or PS3 quality.

The music and the ambient effects are great! I love the boss battles so far and the learning how to combo and parry in this game.

Gameplay - in absolute 10 -

Overall - This is just a masterpiece. Absolute enthralling battle and action sequences. The story is very interesting and its for true gamers are willing to accept the toughest boss and game challenges. For the casuals and madden/nba2k gamers stay away.. This game was not designed for low IQ.
  98. Mar 28, 2019
    If you like samurai/ninja and Japanese lore as well as the Soulsborne games, then run and buy this. I have not been able to put Sekiro down. If you are new to FromSoftware's games then be prepared for extremely intense yet rewarding mechanics that you don't find in modern games. People saying there is no leveling up are not good enough to progress I assume. There is character leveling,If you like samurai/ninja and Japanese lore as well as the Soulsborne games, then run and buy this. I have not been able to put Sekiro down. If you are new to FromSoftware's games then be prepared for extremely intense yet rewarding mechanics that you don't find in modern games. People saying there is no leveling up are not good enough to progress I assume. There is character leveling, skill leveling and tool leveling. No, there is no difficulty setting (except a trick to make it harder) Yes, you lose XP and money when you die. Yes, you will die a lot. No risk, no reward. There are always systems in place in any Fromsoftware game and this is one of the most fast paced and intense game they have ever made. Highly recommended. Expand
  99. Apr 8, 2019
    this games are supposed to be challenging. Thats why they are great pieces of art. However throughout the game there are moments where it gets from hard to f*cking bullsh*t. Especially the last boss! I was expecting to conclude my experience by facing off with a worthy opponent but i was forced to fight against a guy with four phases (its third one being the hardest off all game). Afterthis games are supposed to be challenging. Thats why they are great pieces of art. However throughout the game there are moments where it gets from hard to f*cking bullsh*t. Especially the last boss! I was expecting to conclude my experience by facing off with a worthy opponent but i was forced to fight against a guy with four phases (its third one being the hardest off all game). After numerous tries when I defeated Ishhin there wasnt the feeling of triumph but just relief that the game was finally over. All in all Sekiro is a fine and polished game however at some parts it takes its difficulty to extremes therefore ruining the games memory. Expand
  100. Apr 1, 2019
    One of the best games of this generation long side with God of War, Zelda BOTH, The Witcher 3, Bloodborne. Love it from start to finish.

1. May 15, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an enjoyable, yet deeply challenging game. It's not really a Dark Souls with samurais game, but whether or not you enjoyed the difficulty level of the battles in Dark Souls will be a good benchmark in gauging how much you'll like Sekiro. If you're persistent, up for a challenge, and don't become frustrated easily, then Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an easy game to recommend.
  2. Apr 28, 2019
    Though Sekiro feels impossibly hard at times, the level of euphoria you experience when delivering a death blow to a tricky boss or when you finally clear a castle grounds of all enemies is almost unparalleled.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice succeeds in its incredibly visceral combat and stealth all while being set in an engaging game world. However, its linear character growth options and repetitive combat begin to dull the experience after you get over the initial hump.