7.9

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2058 Ratings

1. Apr 25, 2019
    My review contains some kind of spoilers...

Game is actually good. But it has few serious problems, it is reason why my personal score is not 10/10. Actually I voted as "5/10" before but I've changed my opinion. Game is good especially after some point. So: + gameplay. When you understand how to play in right way you will love fight system and gameplay. + atmosphere. I don't know
    My review contains some kind of spoilers...

So:
    + atmosphere. I don't know to describe it, but I love this world. I want to return to this world again and again.
    + Bosses. Not mini-bosses. Almost all "big bosses" are good. I've got too much fun from fighting with them.

- Boring game beginning.
    - Chained ogre from game beginning is too powerful and HAS TERRIBLE hitboxes. I just spent too much time here. Hard bosses is not bad but I'm not sure that add such bosses in beginning of game is good idea. 90% of players don't have understanding of gameplay when they meet him. And bosses have to have non-broken hiboxes
    - Areas after Blazing bull: AshinaReservoir and Ashina Castle are terrible. They have terrible mini-bosses, boss-fight arenas, pathes to mini-bosses. I wanted to delete game when I was there. Small room as boss-fight arena in game with terrible camera... Are you serious? Developers know that camera in soulsborne games are not really good. I;m sure they know but they use small room as boos-fight arena!
    - Fight system. Not the combat system itself because it is good but fact that you have no choice. You cannot be a cliric, a mage, an archer. You have only one weapon. There are no Threaded Cane, Rakuyo or Saw Cleaver. It's so annoying
    - repeating of bosses/min-bosess. Some mini-bosses are repeated 4-5 times!!! if you thought that Dark Souls 2 has a problems with bosses repeating I can say - no. DS2 has unique bosses if we compare it with Sekiro!
    - There are too few interesting items which you can find in the wold. Game has no weapons, rings(runes), armors. 90% of items which you can find in game are consumable items.
    - Boring way to Platinum achievement.

But after 2 walkthroughs I can say that game is really good. I hope that the developers will make work on the mistakes and we get 10/10 Bloodborne 2 or Sekiro 2. But now only 8/10
  2. Mar 26, 2019
    Amazing game, it's not Dark Souls, it's not Bloodborne, this is Sekiro. It has a lot of the DNA of Souls games, but it is a different game for sure. It's difficult, but it's not unbeatable, just don't give up and leave a salty review on metacritic, just because you are bad. The negative reviews are a joke, especially the one claiming it's ripping off Nioh.....Guess they never knew thatAmazing game, it's not Dark Souls, it's not Bloodborne, this is Sekiro. It has a lot of the DNA of Souls games, but it is a different game for sure. It's difficult, but it's not unbeatable, just don't give up and leave a salty review on metacritic, just because you are bad. The negative reviews are a joke, especially the one claiming it's ripping off Nioh.....Guess they never knew that Nioh came after the Soulsborne games, or that Tenchu was a From Soft title, and this game is 100% From Soft, not Nioh at all...

Whatever, point is, the game is fantastic, could easily be game of the year so far, but I doubt it will get the media appreciation it deserves. Great game, runs fantastic on PC (no ultrawide support and locked to 60fps, so I docked 1 point), other than that I get steady 60 fps at 1080p, and 1440p on a gtx 1070 and a 6600k. Beautiful, amazing level design, very fun, and challenging boss battles, with normal mobs that let you feel like a bad ass again after getting beat down by a boss for a few hours. Highly recommended, and to the idiot saying it's "QTE" combat..... I'm really not sure what game he's playing, you can break an enemys posture and do a death blow, but it's not straight forward to get to that point, Soulsborne games always had a finishing move after parries, or backstabs....this is the exact same thing, and nobody claimed those were QTE's, and just like in those games, you need to either parry, more than once on later mobs, to even get the deathblow, so it's not like you're just pressing A to one shot everyone.

Metacritic should really prune the reviews that exist just to trash a game, without a basic understanding of it. There's just no way anyone in their right mind could rate this lower than a 6, even if they couldn't get passed the first boss, you will still experience enough of the game to appreciate what is being done here, and that it was your own ineptitude that kept you from proceeding.
  3. Mar 24, 2019
    -great world/level design and enemy placement, this is incredibly important in a game where you die a lot
    -cleverly placed items that encourage you to explore or lead you into traps
    -grounded combat (as opposed to hack n slash games like dmc) with similiar, simple inputs like the Souls/borne games, but with new options and more fancy looking abilities and animations -challenging and
    -cleverly placed items that encourage you to explore or lead you into traps
    -challenging and fair difficulty paired with the "face to face" combat makes beating (mini)bosses really satisfying
    -beautiful art design that overshadows the underwhelming graphics
    -and most importantly, the shinobi prosthetic is awesome

From Software did it again.
  4. Mar 29, 2019
    this is not the kind of game from FS that we would like to see, it's a curve slasher that you get tired of, removed the old mechanics by adding slasher elements...
  5. Mar 26, 2019
    I took 3 days off to play this game and man I wish I took a whole week. Sekiro is amazing and I’m so happy! Thank you From Software.
  6. Mar 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Мне игра очень понравилась. Сетинг Японии довольно редкий. Даю игре 10 из 10. Expand
  7. Mar 23, 2019
    Sekiro ha dado la vuelta a la tortilla , innovando algo que parecía imposible ya. Después de jugar a toda la saga souls y a bloodborn no esperaba algo grandioso. Aquí premian mucho más la habilidad del usuario en el juego (eliminando el chinofarmeo de xp para mejorar tus atributos de los souls) e incita al mismo a seguir intentando si muere, puesto que no podrá mejorar a su personaje y enSekiro ha dado la vuelta a la tortilla , innovando algo que parecía imposible ya. Después de jugar a toda la saga souls y a bloodborn no esperaba algo grandioso. Aquí premian mucho más la habilidad del usuario en el juego (eliminando el chinofarmeo de xp para mejorar tus atributos de los souls) e incita al mismo a seguir intentando si muere, puesto que no podrá mejorar a su personaje y en muchos casos avanzar.
    En definitiva, uno de mis juegos favoritos de 2019, superando incluso a los souls
  8. Mar 23, 2019
    This game gave me the most best time on the first 10 min. Never was a Game so easy to pick up. Not because its easy. The game is more challenging than the souls series. At lest for me. No. The game is easy to pick up is because its so much fun. 10/10 for the combat alone
  9. Mar 24, 2019
    Playing this on PC. The controls are tight and responsive that leads to a difficult but fair and very satisfying gameplay experience. Its extremely atmospheric, it always has a surprise up its sleeve and it actually has a story and an antagonist. Its simply a terrific game, much less iterative than the previous efforts From Software has published before. I feel their work has finallyPlaying this on PC. The controls are tight and responsive that leads to a difficult but fair and very satisfying gameplay experience. Its extremely atmospheric, it always has a surprise up its sleeve and it actually has a story and an antagonist. Its simply a terrific game, much less iterative than the previous efforts From Software has published before. I feel their work has finally reached a point of polish that deserves wide spread appeal and recognition. Expand
  10. Mar 26, 2019
    As a longtime souls fan, I was hyped for this game but did not expect to be so blown away. The combat is absolutely genius and fair. The music score is absolutely beautiful and tense. The level design is perfect and really might be best in the series. Can't recommend this enough.
  11. Mar 26, 2019
    Sekiro is fantastic. It feels familiar to souls fans but it also manages to feel completely different. It has its own lore that is actually easier to understand than the souls games because there are many avenues to actually get some lore. The main bosses are all unique and offer many phases. The bosses will kill you a lot but like any good souls game from the past, conquering that bossSekiro is fantastic. It feels familiar to souls fans but it also manages to feel completely different. It has its own lore that is actually easier to understand than the souls games because there are many avenues to actually get some lore. The main bosses are all unique and offer many phases. The bosses will kill you a lot but like any good souls game from the past, conquering that boss that has killed you for hours will feel amazing and will give you a rush that simply cannot be felt from many other games. Where Sekiro falls a little short for me is with its prosthetic tools. A lot of them are far too situational and some are just not really worth using as it may get you hit if you try to use one and when you get hit you lose a lot of hp in this game. Overall the game is fantastic and worth picking up. There are 4 different endings and a new game plus to keep people playing even after the credits roll. Expand
  12. Mar 28, 2019
    STICK WITH IT. It's not a Souls game but it is made with the same level of dedication. It's only "hard" because you have to educate yourself and learn how to play it. That takes time. Whatever you do, don't give up on it. I broke through the frustration wall and now I'm absolutely loving it. The game mechanics seem confusing at first but you get muscle memory after a while and then itSTICK WITH IT. It's not a Souls game but it is made with the same level of dedication. It's only "hard" because you have to educate yourself and learn how to play it. That takes time. Whatever you do, don't give up on it. I broke through the frustration wall and now I'm absolutely loving it. The game mechanics seem confusing at first but you get muscle memory after a while and then it turns into a total blast. Again, keep going! Expand
  13. Apr 3, 2019
    Brilliant game, nothing shorter than of what you come to expect of a From Software title these days. The biggest criticism I find of this game from players is when they compare it with the dark souls games, or bloodborne for that matter. Thing is, this is not a bloodborne nor a dark souls, and the game is very well aware of what it is and what it's not. It is a game made by the sameBrilliant game, nothing shorter than of what you come to expect of a From Software title these days. The biggest criticism I find of this game from players is when they compare it with the dark souls games, or bloodborne for that matter. Thing is, this is not a bloodborne nor a dark souls, and the game is very well aware of what it is and what it's not. It is a game made by the same studio, applying many of the soulsborne mechanics but also introducing new ones. A lot of criticism is about the game only providing you with one way of playing it, which is partially true and partially not. Compared to dark souls it is definitely true, but that is not really a big flaw, most games does that. People who went into this game expecting a new dark souls-experience might be disappointed, but you must learn that if you want to jump into something to get your expectations met, buy the latest assassins creed or some other AAA mainstream title. If you want something fresh, innovative and exciting buy Sekiro, Jumping into this game with an open mind, and big scoop of determination you will likely have one of the best gaming experiences for years. Sekiro is one of those rare games that will consume you even when you're not playing it. You will find yourself contemplating on what path you should be investigating, what technique to use on the boss you're stuck at, what things you might have missed in your play through so far, and what secrets lying in store. Expand
  14. Apr 17, 2019
    This game is just as difficult as the dark souls games but it doesn't have the crutches. There are no cheap or OP weapons because the game has been balanced around only one. There is no summoning, so YOU have to be good enough to beat the bosses, not someone else. Leveling is dependent on game advancement, so there is no farming to over level and make the game easier.

This game takes

This game takes my favorite thing from DS - difficult bosses/gameplay to conquer giving huge accomplishment - and gets rid of all the extras. Instead of swapping in gear to help against fire like in Dark Souls, I'm spending all of my time thinking of new, improved, or perfected strategies. In DS the boss strategy often came down to just hanging back, learning attack patterns, now dodge and pick away. In Sekiro sometimes you have to be on the defensive, sometimes you have to be full offense, and everything in between. Super satisfying and HARD.
    9 for now, I expect a 10 when I'm done.

Update: Instant classic, easy 10. The game is even harder than I thought it was halfway through. Even after beating everything else the final boss feels like an insane difficulty spike. This game is not for everyone, but if you're up to the challenge I can't recommend it enough.
  15. Mar 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At first glance the gameplay may seem extremely basic, just one attack button and one guard button after all. But the amount of timing, prediction, and skill needed to succeed in battles is so much more in depth. You can't just learn boss patterns like in Dark Souls, because timing is so much more necessary.

Those that continue to try and think of this game as Dark Souls are guaranteed to fail, because this is nothing like dark souls and there is no reason why it should be. Whats the harm in FromSoftware branching out and succeeding so wonderfully after all?

If there is any issue I ever have with the game, it stems from momentary frustration due to my own ineptitude, and is easily remedied by me thinking back on my mistakes. Once I realize what I did wrong it is easy to remedy and try something different. Bosses like Genichiro or Lady Butterfly can't be fought defensively, meanwhile bosses like Guardian Ape or Corrupted Monk can't be completely offensively. Yes, both need offense and defense in specific balance, but it becomes easy to tell simply by how the enemy moves and attacks.

Simply put, I fail to find much fault in this game overall, it simply accommodates with so much of my preferences in games. It's skill based and fair, but punishing if you get even slightly too cocky. The bosses all have simple ways to win, but it takes a while to figure it out if you aren't paying attention. And the story, oh god the story and characters are just fantastic-.

Now, I'm very nearly finished with the game (At the Isshin fight going for the Severing of Immortality ending.) So it isn't like i'm completely talking hot air.
  16. Apr 1, 2019
    A good game with interesitn combat mechanics. Unlike FromSoftware predecesors, Sekiro is build arround one single build: shinobi. Parry and counters are key to victory, and rolling out of attacks is not as a good move like it was in Bloodborne or the Souls Games, meaning here agresion and parry are the keys to achieve victory.

The problem i have with this is that removes plenty of

The problem i have with this is that removes plenty of options for diferent playthoughs, since experimentation is way smaller than any other games, and it sometimes feels like the game cracked the dificulty dial way to high. Unlike the other games, whenever i defeated some bosses in Sekiro i did not felt accomplished, but more on the lines of "finally getting rid of that guy", insted of feeling victorious, i felt the pain finaly came to an end, which is the wrong kind of relief in my book.

Most of the bosses felt uninspired, except for 3 grand ones that will stick in my memory for years to come: Divine Dragon, Lord Genishiro and "The Saint Sword", being the last one the greatest boss ever developed by FromSoftware.

In the end, even tough i think this is a good game, i don't see myself returning to it in the near future, hence why i cant give it a higher score. I wanted to love this game, but i could not.
  17. Apr 8, 2019
    Great at times, tedious at times. After 45 hours or so I would have to admit this game is a step back from previous games. The game itself is punishing to start but you do get better, gamers will typically get to a point where it starts to feel tedious though.

The combat is all about the timing and deflections and it is hard, very hard. That in itself is not a bad thing but the payoff is very poorly done. You really get nothing for your hard work, all those deaths and trying over and over....no armour, no new weapons. The skill tree just eventually gets full, there is no real build to try.

Most people will just look up cheese strats, so many online to choose from. The combat has some depth but there will be zero depth in replayability. I like the game, I do not love it like I have with other From Software games.
  18. Apr 8, 2019
    this games are supposed to be challenging. Thats why they are great pieces of art. However throughout the game there are moments where it gets from hard to f*cking bullsh*t. Especially the last boss! I was expecting to conclude my experience by facing off with a worthy opponent but i was forced to fight against a guy with four phases (its third one being the hardest off all game). Afterthis games are supposed to be challenging. Thats why they are great pieces of art. However throughout the game there are moments where it gets from hard to f*cking bullsh*t. Especially the last boss! I was expecting to conclude my experience by facing off with a worthy opponent but i was forced to fight against a guy with four phases (its third one being the hardest off all game). After numerous tries when I defeated Ishhin there wasnt the feeling of triumph but just relief that the game was finally over. All in all Sekiro is a fine and polished game however at some parts it takes its difficulty to extremes therefore ruining the games memory. Expand
  19. Apr 11, 2019
    In this game, you will be fighting bosses for most of the time - I've reached the final boss by the way. So, what about the combat? Well, you are pretty much glued face to face with your opponent for 80% of the time. Sekiro is a fighting game (with some light stealth segments).
    There are two genres of games I don't like and never have: sport games and fighting games.
    Also, there is zero
    Also, there is zero weapon variety which makes the combat even more lackluster.
    What a pity.
    Oh well, I'm sure FROM will be back with a great action RPG after this little misstep.

On the positive side, the atmosphere is really nice and almost have the same qualities as the souls games and Bb.
  20. Apr 1, 2019
    why the hell are there so many salty fans, who haven't beaten half of the game, reviewing this?? This game is a masterpiece. From softwares second best game all time, and possibly one of the top 5 games this gen. This deserves all the 9s and 10s.
  21. Mar 27, 2019
    Шедевральная смесь Тенчу и Душ, великолепный гемдизайн и боевка в частности! Оторваться от игры невозможно, в нее хочется возвращаться снова и снова, исследовать каждый уголок этого мира.
  22. Apr 9, 2019
    The most annoying game, I have ever played. And the controls are most uncomfortable.
    And at the same time, it's good.
    But return my nerves.
  23. Apr 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. fantastic atmosphere and world designs. as someone who's a huge Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne fan Ive had a truly hard time adjusting to the parry method rather than dodging method and have died many many many many many times, giving the rot to most of my available npcs, all before the first boss in the past when the estate was burning. Thats my fault though not the games but i cant help but to miss the gradual progression through leveling up. Expand
  24. Apr 2, 2019
    Satisfying and challenging combat. Great Boss encounters , tremendous atmosphere and a stellar Art Design , Classic From Sofware. Some ugly texture work and a not so great enemy variety don't ruin the overall experience. Absolutely recommended
  25. Apr 10, 2019
    It was great until Genechiro Ashina. I fought him 103 times. I can't get past him. I consider myself great at Demon/Dark Souls, Bloodbourne, and Nioh. This has gotten obonixious.

The great thing about FromSoftware is that they have always made their games EXTREMELY challenge, but never punished the player. There was always a feeling of accomplishment what FS games when you finally beat that boss you really had to work toward beating. THAT HAS CHANGED. If you get better and defending, you get punished. They speed up the patterns. You learn that, and they give a delay in your reaction times when buttons are pressed. I thought this was all in my head. Apparently, I'm not the only one that has figured this out.

I'm severely disappointed in this one. I feel like its a giant MIDDLE finger to devoted fans. There is so much potential, but please don't punish devoted fans. I love FS games of past because they break up the monotony of the same ol' same ol', but come on.

The only reason I give it a 5 and not lower is because there are moments of greatness, but they need to balance out some of the boss battles.
  26. Apr 8, 2019
    The game is awesome! New mechanic is finally really differs from what SoulsBourne had to offer. It is much more focused on skill and precision. Every hit, block, parry and counter has to be carefully executed. Mechanic is pure joy.

Enemies and bosses are hard, but fair. Every main character death is a result of player mistake but not an unfair AI actions. The variety and amount of bosses is tremendous, though some of them appear couple of times during playthrough.
    Game world is big and leveldesign on a big scale is magnificent! You can reach any point in the world that you can see and sometimes it is just fascinating to observe from a distant places you've visited half game ago.

The plot is kinda simple. In oppose to SoulsBourne games deep multy-layerd LORE, in Sekiro we have a staright forward story with very few unexpected twists and no underlying lines whatsoever. The world itself is just something I personnaly not interested in. Middle age Japan is not my thing, so I have nothing to say about it.
    Visually game is ok, but nothing out of the ordinary. There are couple of beautiful locations, but in oppose to dark and mysterious Bloodbourne atmosphere Sekiro can't offer anything spectial.

But in the first place the game is about mechanics and it works great.
    The thing they've left character stats and loadout out of the boat is totally ok with me. Game is much closer to slasher than to an action RPG now. Still there are quite some tricks and combat movements player can aquire during game and prosthetic arm improvements make Sekiro's arsenal even bigger.

There are a lot of dispute around Sekiro's difficulty lately. The game is hard. It took me 77 hours to beat it and I had a lot of trouble with some bosses. But it's not unbeatable and it is certainly becomes quite easy once you master it. The easiest way to check how it works is get back to bosses, that troubled you some time ago and beat them once more. It'll be super easy, because knowing mechanics and boss movement basically everything you need to be good at. So people who ask for an easy mode, are just lazy and refuse to learn game rules. And what's the point in playing a game if you don't want to follow the rules?
  27. Mar 29, 2019
    Let me start by saying that if you're a die hard fan of Dank Souls and I Wanna Be The Guy, Sekiro might be a 9 if not a 10 for you. I am not such a fan, so I grant it a 7. Generously.

Sekiro looks gorgeous, that much is true. It just lacks free roam content that is there for viewing only. Everything is functional, sadly, so you don't get to just look in awe. However, gameplay-wise it

However, gameplay-wise it feels like a DS game turned to 11. As if the designer listened to the fans chanting "hardcore, so hard, so fun, so elite, truly Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of gaming", shrugged and said "well, if that is the only thing you care about..." and then just pushed every other concern aside.

Despite what was promised early on, the "Shinobi" part is pretty bleak. Stealth and subterfuge are not really Wolf's strong suit and most enemies are placed in such ways that killing them stealthily takes time and doesn't pay extra. Skipping entire groups of enemies means depriving yourself of experience, money and items. Besides that, many grapple points are placed just far enough apart that you won't be able to spiderman your way through, forcing you to crouch and creep around between grappling, breaking any tempo you might have had.

Then there's the combat. It comes with a major problem - normal enemies are fast, come in groups and have no friendly fire whatsoever. You let go of the block button once and take a flaming arrow to the face, said arrow coming straight through three or four enemies. Annoying, isn't it? Also, nothing staggers, unlike you. So you can take an axe to the face with no warning or prior parry, just because the enemy decided to swing it and there's nothing you could do. Parry is the name of the game but it doesn't add depth, just width. You can only git gud mechanically, but not strategically, sadly.

The worst offender is the camera. While it's nice of the developers to try and help the player ever so slightly, the target lock and camera reset are on the same button and target lock has a mind of its own and shifts around if you try to move the camera because... you guessed it. "Switch target" is on the same four buttons as "rotate camera". There's a setting for targeting aid when not locked on, but the game doesn't seem to aid me even slightly - without target lock enemies just sidestep while Wolf keeps moving forward even if I rotate the camera mid-combo.

And while I am all for understanding that Sekiro is not a slasher like DmC V, I can't help noticing that Wolf moves so fast and jumps so high his physics are much more fit for an arcade rather than a "hardcore" swordfighting game.
  28. Jul 14, 2019
    It has been years since the game lingered so long on my mind after I finished it. This is truly a masterpiece.
  29. Apr 2, 2019
    Perfect balance, amazing fighting system, rich atmosphere make this game a pure brilliant
  30. Mar 29, 2019
    For their sake I hope they don't do another game like this as the next round won't have the sales to go with it if user response is any indication and they have a loyal and good fanbase from Soulsborne and I didn't think anything could make Bloodborne look even better than it is but this game does just that. The combat and systems in Soulsbourne are deliberate and Bloodborne has theFor their sake I hope they don't do another game like this as the next round won't have the sales to go with it if user response is any indication and they have a loyal and good fanbase from Soulsborne and I didn't think anything could make Bloodborne look even better than it is but this game does just that. The combat and systems in Soulsbourne are deliberate and Bloodborne has the perfect mixture of SP, co op, PVP, story, combat, etc. That's the formula they should stick to and as long as they do those these one offs shouldn't be a big deal but it's going to get the review it deserves regardless of past games. Expand
  31. Mar 30, 2019
    Only game from software has made thats better is bloodborne. Props to being a new IP and absolutely nailing the gameplay and story, despite trimming a lot of rpg stuff.
  32. Apr 26, 2019
    Fico triste em dar uma nota 7 para um jogo da From, porém é o maximo que o Sekiro merece de mim...Zerei o game..Esse jogo foi bem frustante. Esperava algo épico como um darksouls ou Blood, porém o jogo se resume em você ser o Rei do Parry. Me desanimou, ou vc mata os chefes sendo o Rei do parry ou não tem outra opção... Se você gosta de ficar dando parrys todo tempo, vá em frente, agora seFico triste em dar uma nota 7 para um jogo da From, porém é o maximo que o Sekiro merece de mim...Zerei o game..Esse jogo foi bem frustante. Esperava algo épico como um darksouls ou Blood, porém o jogo se resume em você ser o Rei do Parry. Me desanimou, ou vc mata os chefes sendo o Rei do parry ou não tem outra opção... Se você gosta de ficar dando parrys todo tempo, vá em frente, agora se espera algo equilibrado como jogos Souls, esqueça, Sekiro será bem frustante, o jogo se resume em dar parrys perfeitos seguidos na velocidade da luz.. Frustrante, com sérios problemas na camera, desequilibrado, injusto e punitivo, prazer isso é Sekiro.. o ultimo chefe tem 4 fases, algo irritante e injusto, surreal, estressante.. vc perderá hrs nels, ou talvez dias.. Sou amante da franquia SoulsBorne, Demons...mas nao serei de Sekiro. PSN do Game play: Edgard_ 1986 Expand
  33. Mar 27, 2019
    Game with an interesting story, it is true that the weapons and style of clothing are the same and that the enemies are almost repetitive, but with a great difficulty of game as well as history, if you only look for a game where you would like to have a character cute without anything deep in their environment Sekiro is not for you (players who only look for meaningless complaints), inGame with an interesting story, it is true that the weapons and style of clothing are the same and that the enemies are almost repetitive, but with a great difficulty of game as well as history, if you only look for a game where you would like to have a character cute without anything deep in their environment Sekiro is not for you (players who only look for meaningless complaints), in short an increibe game. Expand
  34. Apr 2, 2019
    So, quick information bout me to classify my review:
    - played other From Games before (started with Bloodborne, DarkSouls 2, DarkSolus 1, DarkSouls 3) and enjoyed them all
    - about 1-2 hours of time for video games under the week Review: I really hoped to get teased for a Bloodborne2, so I was slightly disappointed when I heard about a game Shadows Die Twice instead. Nevertheless I
    So, quick information bout me to classify my review:
    - about 1-2 hours of time for video games under the week

Review:
    I really hoped to get teased for a Bloodborne2, so I was slightly disappointed when I heard about a game Shadows Die Twice instead. Nevertheless I was hyped for Sekiro and tried to spoil me as less as I can bout the game. After buying it together with my mates, I found out about the biggest disappointment so far: nur Coop / PVP.
    Two of my mates directly sold the game, I thought that I still would want to try it.

Now, about 40 hours in the game, I am happy that I did not sell it but I have to admit that I don't quite enjoy it as it did with SoulsBorne. The game is good, graphic + story + scenery + bosses + difficulty, but you always feel like you are doing the same thing as everybody else.. No individual skilling-options, no individual stats to higher, no armory, no weapons..
    So yeah, your hyped like in the games before, to finally beat a boss after hours of trying and learning their movesets. But at the same time it is disappointing because the game forces you to beat it that one way, no options to create your own unique style of playing, beating the bosses or just dressing your character.

I know now, that it was never meant to be a game like the Souls series, but importing so much stuff from the other games and than taking away so much from it feels weird.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing it and I would buy it again, but other than the Souls games, I will probably not play NG+ / NG++ / ... / NG+49 because it would be the exact same over and over again...

I like the try and I hope this gave From Studios a good increase in their player-base, but I hope that they will get back to their original concept.
  35. Apr 24, 2019
    The game is good, beautiful truth, bagannaya bit.

But this does not negate the fact that it is very atmospheric. And hardcore is only deeper, plunges into the world of the game. This is something else between Dark Souls and the bloodborne. Very fit! But for now I’ll give her a grade of 7/10 because I didn’t play it but I’ll play soon, I assure you. Well, do not forget that this
    The game is good, beautiful truth, bagannaya bit.

But this does not negate the fact that it is very atmospheric.
    And hardcore is only deeper, plunges into the world of the game.

This is something else between Dark Souls and the bloodborne. Very fit!

Well, do not forget that this is an example.
    And so the game can be at all 10/10
    Believe me!!!
  36. Apr 29, 2019
    Нормальная игра.Но очень много багов,честное слово боевка не понравилась,те же прохожденцы на время быстро проходят игру багами и прыжка-крюком.Сделали бы как Dark Souls но по японски,а то главный перс не живой какой то а терменатор,летает крючком,прыгает и бегает очень быстро.Да игра у меня тянет,прошел с багами за 4 часа,маловато и скучно.Крч твердая 6Нормальная игра.Но очень много багов,честное слово боевка не понравилась,те же прохожденцы на время быстро проходят игру багами и прыжка-крюком.Сделали бы как Dark Souls но по японски,а то главный перс не живой какой то а терменатор,летает крючком,прыгает и бегает очень быстро.Да игра у меня тянет,прошел с багами за 4 часа,маловато и скучно.Крч твердая 6
  37. Jul 5, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Actually, I created the account to tell my honest experience of Sekiro Shadow Die Twice. It is absolutely a stunning game. I am really proud of myself because I really beat the hardest game ever created after the dark souls 3.
    Fromsoftware you have done an amazing job to keep our adrenaline level sky-high during the entire gameplay. When it comes to the final moments of a boss fight, my heart is pounding like jumping out of the body. Now we are fully equipped shinobis to take part in the DLC or Sekiro 2.
  38. Mar 22, 2019
    A better game than expected.
    The From software succeeded the gameplay of the Soul series and Blood Borne, but made a nice IP game with a new attempt. The manipulation of the battle unmistakably provides the thrill and thrill that has never been seen before.
  39. Apr 5, 2019
    Like a lot of reviewers I was a big fan of Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, having played through both games multiple times. I thought From struck the right balance in terms of difficulty for both games. Not the same with Sekiro. Sekiro is hard - which I expect and accept - but its also often very unfair. For example, your hit box during Boss fights, particularly for their most powerLike a lot of reviewers I was a big fan of Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, having played through both games multiple times. I thought From struck the right balance in terms of difficulty for both games. Not the same with Sekiro. Sekiro is hard - which I expect and accept - but its also often very unfair. For example, your hit box during Boss fights, particularly for their most power attacks, are often absurdly large. I put 60 hrs in and beat the game, but ultimately ended up regretting my time investment. Last From game I buy unless it comes from the bargain bin. Expand
  40. Mar 22, 2019
    From software has done it again
    Sekiro shadows die twice isn't just brutally difficult, its brutally amazing
    Everything about this game oozes quality and finesse. This is a game crafted with love and care and I can't recommend it enough. Even if you don't like the souls games, i still absolutely recommend it. Its gameplay is drastically different from souls or bloodborne and thats
    From software has done it again
    Sekiro shadows die twice isn't just brutally difficult, its brutally amazing
    Everything about this game oozes quality and finesse.
    This is a game crafted with love and care and I can't recommend it enough.
    Even if you don't like the souls games, i still absolutely recommend it.
    Its gameplay is drastically different from souls or bloodborne and thats what makes it awesome
  41. Mar 22, 2019
    One of the Best game this year! If you like Tenchu and Dark souls this is a perfect game for you!! Punishing gameplay as expected from Fromsoft. Definitely not for casual gamers out there.
  42. Mar 22, 2019
    Great game, combat is fluent, the difficulty is there, its a nice tenchu souls blend of a game im too lazy to write a whole review so there thats all you get
  43. Mar 22, 2019
    A really great game that starts to expand what the soulsborne franchise made, and creates something new altogether
  44. Mar 22, 2019
    Sekiro is a great game with great graphics, they are the best this generation of consoles has seen, but it still is a sight to behold. The game play is top-notch, as expected from From Software, and the implication of the grapple in the wide world is amazing. The combat is also another splendid feature that shows this is a From Software game. I highly recommend playing this game.
  45. Mar 23, 2019
    For an old school Tenchu fan like me, this is the game I was waiting for.
    For veteran SoulsBorn fans, it might take time to learn the new combat system, but once you master it, you will feel like a god.
    For an old school Tenchu fan like me, this is the game I was waiting for.
    You can pause, you can swim, you can jump, and while you have more freedom of exploration and movement than ever, the combat's steep learning curve can really punish you early in the game.- The progression is cruel, but fair and extremely satisfying. It is admittedly a hard game, but if you stick with it, you will love it.
  46. Mar 25, 2019
    My first impression of this game was a bit "meh." I'm a soulsborne vet and I love things about those games that were clearly not a part of Sekiro (obscure story, collecting armor, lack of explanation about anything, creepy vibe).

However, after giving it five hours, I am convinced this game is yet another masterpiece of From's. Is it my favorite of theirs? No, it's going to take a lot to beat BB and DS, but it belongs and I know I'll be playing this one through many times.

If you're on the fence, take it from me and from other reviewers: you need to give it several hours before it "clicks." Get past some of the mini bosses, and the first main boss Gyoubu. Look up tips on how to beat him if necessary because it'll inform how to beat other bosses.

I'm an explorer and love finding secrets. Trust me, there are tons of those as you progress and you're rewarded for going off the beaten path.

Enjoy, use the wiki/youtube if you need, and give it a solid chance before giving up!
  47. Mar 22, 2019
    Aquela sensação de medo e de não saber o que te aguarda que a fromsoftware faz com maestria, simplesmente incrível, cada cenário cada inimigo tudo jogão
  48. Mar 23, 2019
    Not a bad game, just don't understand what the hype is about.

Given all the hype that was surrounding this game, I was really looking forward to it, and in all honest I have enjoyed playing it. I just don't get what everyone is so up in arms with it about. For starters, the game's story is really good, honestly, with a character you can really sink your time into in Sekiro. It's
    Not a bad game, just don't understand what the hype is about.

For starters, the game's story is really good, honestly, with a character you can really sink your time into in Sekiro. It's FromSoftware's first protagonist that you can actually develop with in terms of character. Sekiro is a pure bad-ass for sure. While the grappling hook is a clear steal from a well known Nintendo franchise, it is used very well in this game in for the stealth aspect. The action overall action isn't bad either.

Thank you for finally adding a freaking jump button. That may not seem like much of a concern to others, but a jump button really helps me manuaver through a battle better than simply rolling/dodging. That's just me. Also, I love the "no stamina" gauge idea. Personally, I always felt that games that featured a stamina gauge steered the advantage towards enemies/bosses because it always seemed like they had unlimited stamina (even if they had a gauge).

So why the mediocre 7/10 score? To put it simply, this game doesn't really add anything new to the genre for me. Let's be real, if this wasn't a FromSoftware game, would you even care? Let's take off the rose-colored glasses for a second.

First off, as mentioned by others, the only main weapon in this game is a katana (and some shuriken). While it may not seem like a big deal, it really is. It makes every battle the same. Either you stealth stab someone with your sword, or you rush an cut them with your sword. In ancient history, ninjas (shinobi included) used various weapons such as blowguns, caltrops, hook swords, chigiriki (flail), kusari-gama (chained-blade), polearms, and even some bows. So, why the lack of variety in this game? Even the most basic of action games gave the player a bit of variety in order to help them decide how to approach battles. Even the 8 bit Zelda games gave you a bow and a hammer.

The graphics leave a bit to be desired (especially from a 2019), however, that doesn't bother me quite as much as others. As long as the game doesn't break, I'm OK with it.

Going back to combat, it feels really weird that the game is based off of breaking enemy guard and parrying, and yet, there is no stamina. It sort of makes you sit back and say, "Well, what't the difference?" because, well, what is the difference? Isn't that a stamina thing? Fights are more fast-paced, but it given you essentially have to use the same patience as other FromSoftware titles, it can make harder battles (particularly boss battles) feel like "hurry up and wait" kind of strategy.

Also, for a game that is getting such praise, I expected something...different. Pretty much every mechanic from this game has been used before in wide variety. The grappling hook, as mentioned, was used in the Zelda games, the parrying/guard-break mechanic was used in many games including previous FromSoftware titles, the cinematic death-dealing blows have been used by God of War since the beginning, reviving on the spot or at previous checkpoints has been used in pretty much every game, the ninja stealth mechanic was the basis of the entire Shinobido series (hell Sekiro even looks like Goh from that game), even the revenge story in this game is pretty copy and paste from various other revenge story games.

I think that because this is a FromSoftware title, its getting quite a bit more accolade than it deserves. That's not to say this is a bad game because its not. In terms of action games, it should satisfy anyone who has an itch for it with FS's trademark difficulty. However, as far as anything special or new to the genre, I would argue that Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is more original than Sekiro.

TL;DR: Not a bad game, just over-hyped.
  49. Mar 25, 2019
    This game is NOT for the filthy casuals (APEX, Madden, Fortnite, NBA2K) and the salty complainers about the game's difficulty.. or Please stop writing negative reviews since you are NOT qualified to play this game. This game separates the men from the boys.. The Dark Souls & Bloodborne fans assume this will be similar, but has a rude awakening - ITS NOT! This is a game that requiresThis game is NOT for the filthy casuals (APEX, Madden, Fortnite, NBA2K) and the salty complainers about the game's difficulty.. or Please stop writing negative reviews since you are NOT qualified to play this game. This game separates the men from the boys.. The Dark Souls & Bloodborne fans assume this will be similar, but has a rude awakening - ITS NOT! This is a game that requires a lot of concentration, patience and perseverance. If you don't have the patience to die 100X to learn how to defeat some of the toughest bosses then this game is NOT for you.. This game is designed specifically for intelligent gamers that have refined tastes.

I have put in about 15hrs+ and so far I would give this 9.5 overall. It's an absolute fantastic game! The story is absolutely memorizing and the battles are intense.. You have to be patient, smart, and just plain "git gud". The graphics people complaining about seems pretty pathetic.. The GRAPHICS ARE GREAT! I would give it a 9/10.. Is it God of War graphics good no, but its not freaken PS2 or PS3 quality.

The music and the ambient effects are great! I love the boss battles so far and the learning how to combo and parry in this game.

Gameplay - in absolute 10 -

Overall - This is just a masterpiece. Absolute enthralling battle and action sequences. The story is very interesting and its for true gamers are willing to accept the toughest boss and game challenges. For the casuals and madden/nba2k gamers stay away.. This game was not designed for low IQ.
  50. Mar 22, 2019
    I'm absolutely amazed by how different this is compared to other FromSoftware games!
    Fantastic combat with a great design and thrilling boss fights
    Hands down, worth a shot ;)
  51. Mar 31, 2019
    As a long time fan of FromSoftware games I was really looking forward to this, especially given everything that Bloodborne brought to the series which was a welcome change, Sekiro has disappointed me. The game is hard, yes, but it’s made harder through the new levelling system where you collect prayer beads for vitality increase and memories for attack from bosses and mini-bosses. ThatAs a long time fan of FromSoftware games I was really looking forward to this, especially given everything that Bloodborne brought to the series which was a welcome change, Sekiro has disappointed me. The game is hard, yes, but it’s made harder through the new levelling system where you collect prayer beads for vitality increase and memories for attack from bosses and mini-bosses. That means there’s no longer the ability to farm xp and develop a build to suit the players style and work to have a balance to deal with everything the game throws at you. Instead there is a skill tree, which is pretty decent, but without getting to invest into attack, healthy, stamina, or defence, you still have the same attack power and health until the bosses are dealt with. Rather than take chances, there is a tendency to play with caution and not use the abilities in the same manner you would in other games. Unfortunately the enemy design is pretty bland, meaning you will encounter the same enemies time and time again and use the same technique of block, parry, counter with a deathblow, instead of relying on the skills learned.

Sekiro introduces a new stealth mechanic but it’s underwhelming. Facing multiple enemies head on is sure to get you killed, so instead you’re to watch, wait and take enemies out silently. The problem is in the takedowns; they aren’t very stealthy and will alert nearby enemies in a second. Leaping from above will yield the same results, and the is no option to drop down silently. Instead, you have to pick a direction and leap forward. It’s clunky, and feels thrown on at the end as it doesn’t differ from the DSBB drop attacks and backstabs. Obviously it’s a problem on the ground too with not being able to silently move from cover to cover of traverse objects. It’s only truly effective when moving in tall grass. Cheesing enemies is possibly but it means that you stealth one, run and hide and repeat.

I wish I could like this a lot more, but sadly I’m not enjoying my time with it and I rarely play for more than 90 minutes and I start getting tired of it. The boss fights are different and you have to pay attention. It’s required to take some time and defend to learn the attacks and each is refreshing but the key is always parry and counter. Unfortunately after dealing with much of the enemies in the same was there is a loss of excitement when makes moments fall a bit flat; the ending fight (I think I got worst ending) is really anti-climactic

I cant see myself coming back to it again. It’s a shame, as I really wanted to like this, but at times it felt like an effort to preserve when the same type of enemies are ahead. Yes, people will say that if you don’t like it you’re a causal and don’t deserve the game, but that’s not a tight argument, and I don’t believe the game should have an easy mode. The problems with Sekiro are towards the mechanics and the game design which relies too heavily on repetition. If you enjoy this, and like your games to be Sisyphean then you will probably get something here, but if not, you may find it to be an uneventful slog
  52. Mar 31, 2019
    I've been all over the place with Sekiro. When I started it, I was hooked. The combat was interesting as were the story and characters; just what I've come to expect from Fromsoft. Then I hit a couple brick walls that made me wonder if the game was for me. Several bosses felt way overpowered while my own options were lacking. Make a couple mistakes and you die. I was very close the puttingI've been all over the place with Sekiro. When I started it, I was hooked. The combat was interesting as were the story and characters; just what I've come to expect from Fromsoft. Then I hit a couple brick walls that made me wonder if the game was for me. Several bosses felt way overpowered while my own options were lacking. Make a couple mistakes and you die. I was very close the putting the game down and chocking it up to it "not being for me."

I decided I would trudge through, and I'm glad that I did. The game has some really special moments and the story does a great job at motivating you to see them all. My combat abilities were expanding as quickly as my shinobi arsenal, and I finally got into the groove. I'm glad I stuck it out because I started to have a lot of fun...but

Then I hit a few more brick walls and the process began anew. Another ridiculously hard boss here or there that I eventually overcame after immense mental fatigue. Once I got through, the game gave me more areas to explore in its final act than what I'm used to in a Fromsoft game which was very cool. What wasn't very cool was fighting 4-5 of the sub/bosses again but either palette swapped or in greater numbers...lame. I really hate padding in my games and soulsborne games usually do a pretty good job of avoiding that..

Once I worked my way to the end the hardest boss I've ever fought was in my way of seeing the credits roll. This guy killed me countless times and the game forces you to LIGHT SPOILERS fight each of its forms every time you retry. I was getting really exhausted by the end of it, and when I finally hit the killing blow and the credits rolled I thought to myself "Damn that was barely worth the effort"

This is a solid, quality video game to be sure, but it's really held back by how ridiculously difficult it is. Better telegraphed unblockable moves, snappier inputs (sekiro sometimes just doesn't register button presses which is very irksome in a game that requires so much precision), a better battle camera, and a little trimming of the fat and this game would be a strong 9. As it stands now, I have to give it a 7.5. It just felt like the game didn't want me to enjoy it. It just wanted to dump on me at every opportunity.
  53. Mar 25, 2019
    To provide some background, I have completely soloed every Dark Souls game and Bloodborne multiple times and have well over 500 hours combined in them.

The artwork of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is absolutely incredible. Beautiful colors and designs are a treat. The vertical traversal with your arm prosthetic is also a delight, acting as a Hookshot from the Zelda series but with a delightful elegance and animation. Vertical exploration and traversal is great. Where this game falters is primarily with the poorly designed combat, which is built from the ground up around a Posture system...and the boss design.

The Posture system is a mess, giving the combat a SPAM feel. It's essentially a glorified and fancy QTE system, with much less emphasis on precise dodging and more on mashing appropriate buttons at appropriate times (colored symbols are also flashed). The entire combat system feels like big regression from FromSoftware masterpieces in the past. Also gone are stat values and variety in weapons and armor, leading to shallow, linear and limited character progression.

Boss design is also very disappointing and a tremendous step backwards from previous games. Bosses are nowhere near as fun to fight and feel less rewarding to defeat, despite all bosses being easier than the hardest Soulsborne bosses.

Overall, Sekiro is a solid game with fun to be had, but it is easily the worst FromSoftware game in over a decade. Hopefully, FromSoftware will deliver a sequel to their masterpiece Bloodborne and learn from missteps made in Sekiro.
  54. Apr 9, 2019
    Версия для PS4 крайне ужасная. Множество игроков данной консоли по окончанию моего отзыва могут сказать: "Не знаю о чем ты говоришь, у нас такого не было". А все просто, они не видели и не играли в версию на PC. Игра строится полностью на таймингах, даже если ты увернулся по анимации, но не попал в тайминг, то противник тебе все-равно нанесет урон. И я не говорю об автонаводке, об огре иВерсия для PS4 крайне ужасная. Множество игроков данной консоли по окончанию моего отзыва могут сказать: "Не знаю о чем ты говоришь, у нас такого не было". А все просто, они не видели и не играли в версию на PC. Игра строится полностью на таймингах, даже если ты увернулся по анимации, но не попал в тайминг, то противник тебе все-равно нанесет урон. И я не говорю об автонаводке, об огре и сломанных хитбоксах. Я говорю о таймингах. Не успел нажать нужную кнопку в отведенные пол секунды, значит ты проиграл. Так вот, представьте. В вас летит катана, вы нажимаете на парирование и тут фпс дропается. На немного, но этого достаточно, чтобы игра не засчитала нажатия. Я два дня пытался вынести финального босса на PS4 и не выходило. И после десятков попыток полных ненависти к импут лагу в этой игре, я решил поставить на PC. И в итоге я вынес финального босса на компе с пятой попытки
    А теперь кратко о минусах и плюсах данной игры, и да оценка 2/10 - это только на PS4, игре в целом я бы дал 7/10.
    Плюсы:
    1. Атмосфера. Играть только с японской озвучкой. Иначе атмосфера будет слабее.
    2. Боевка, да она однообразная и сложная пока ее не освоишь, но от нее получаешь удовольствие.
    3. Последняя открываемая локация при не казуальных концовках великолепна.
    4. Геометрия уровней, их хочется изучать, но..
    Минусы.
    1. Изучать их смысла нет, игра не дает интересных предметов, элементов одежды, которые бы раскрывали игру, как это было в других играх мастера. Ты будешь получать лишь бусты и камешки...
    2. Музыкальное сопровождение однообразное и не запоминается.
    3. Нет эпичности, лишь один босс удивил.
    4. Крайне мало боссов
    5. Минимальная грань между боссами и минибоссами. Вначале игры минибосы намного сложнее боссов
    6. Фарм, я не понимаю почему в этой игре нет микротранзакций с ресурсами для улучшений и деньгами. Ибо баланс идеально построен под фарм. Если хочешь открыть все навыки и протезы, добро пожаловать в часы зачистки тех же самых локаций.
    7. Протез, его применение - это дело вкуса. Но его минус в другом. Эмблемы духа могут закончиться на финальных боссах и тогда нужно возвращаться к 6 пункту.
    8. Навыки, из них полезные для перового прохождения лишь 1/3 остальные дают минимальный прирост к полезности, либо его можно вообще не заметить.
    9. Лор - он минимальный. Эту игру точно фромсофтвере делали?
    10. Сюжет. Лютая банальщина.
    11. Камера. Шел 2019 год, товарищи японцы не знают, что при приближении к стене персонажа, ее надо делать прозрачной, а не переводить игру с третьего лица в "первое".
    И знаете, при том сколько я перечислил минусов, данной игре на PC я бы поставил 7/10. Так как от игры можно получить удовольствие и насладиться ею.
  55. Mar 24, 2019
    Sekiro is not for everyone, but what game is? This is the perfect game for the perfect audience. Bloodborne was my favorite game of all time in terms of gameplay and Sekiro is fighting for that position, as well as giving me a compeling story in a world that is absolutly mesmerizing and inspiring. Sekiro is gameplay porn. 10/10.
  56. Apr 1, 2019
    In Sekiro, From Software boils down the combat of Dark Souls and Bloodborne to it’s most brutal and intimate – where constant engagement with the enemy is required to succeed. However, much of the variety and satisfaction that is typical of From’s other Souls- like games has also be been boiled away. Partly due to the setting and theme of the game, but I fear it is also because FromIn Sekiro, From Software boils down the combat of Dark Souls and Bloodborne to it’s most brutal and intimate – where constant engagement with the enemy is required to succeed. However, much of the variety and satisfaction that is typical of From’s other Souls- like games has also be been boiled away. Partly due to the setting and theme of the game, but I fear it is also because From Software are starting to believe their own hype.

The commitment to sword fighting certainly gives Sekiro it’s own flavour and soul. You defeat enemies through strict attacks, parries and deflection usually when the enemy telegraphs a specific move. ‘Hanging Back’ or Shield/Tanking will get you murdered fast. Some encounters have large arenas but ‘giving yourself room’ will only just prolong your very certain death. Most fights require you to waltz in uncomfortably close proximity to very intimidating people – a waltz you instinctually fight against.

Your agency as a player becomes limited once you are close enough to fight, as responses need to be very specific. This translates to reduced satisfaction – I didn’t ‘beat’ bosses so much as I responded in the required way to their actions – never really feeling like I had overcome the enemy – but was only allowed pass the area after following the enemies orders.

At times it seems that the game is trying to be frustrating for the sake of its own rep (as opposed to increased satisfaction of victory).

Specifically with bosses whose attack telegraphing is so subtle that it’s incredibly difficult to figure out what attack is coming in the 1 second you have to react. You need to be very active and get toe to toe with the boss, but you absolutely cannot trade blows either because your health bar is some sort of prank for those gullible enough to think it makes any difference to your survivability.

Most boss hits will either knock off 90 percent of your entire bar, our just outright kill you. Any hit you survive will require 2 seconds to heal, an action which some bosses are programmed to leap across the arena in that very moment and immediately remove that health you just got back.

Sekiro bloody knows this too. There is a resurrection mechanic whereby you resurrect where you died (sometimes resurrecting twice is possible depending on progress) to continue the fight. Which tells me that the developers knew how cheap death could be and added the respawn mechanic after developing the main combat to help balance things.

I can already hear the response that this was due to the plot thread of immortality and resurrection – but that would work anyway from the fact that you can revive at a bonfire (called buddha ‘Idols’’) like other Souls-like games. The resurrection mechanic feels like a development patch.

Sekiro seems to be heading towards another critical point of Souls-like in the form of ‘shared knowledge’ – where much of the content is discovered through communities/wikis. I found this to be much less appropriate in Sekiro because it is definitely a single player game – there’s no co-op or invasions. I’m also pretty sure I would still be stuck on some of the bosses now if I hadn’t looked up solutions.

I thought about a time when I was playing games before I had the internet, and if I was playing Sekiro then there would be no way I’d have figured this out. And it’s not optional stuff either – its critical path main story progress.

This is not a bad game, in fact it has many of the good quality for Froms other souls like. Great areas to explore, will designed characters and and interesting story - But it's pushing too far in the name of its own rep. The builds, magic, dodge rolling of other games is gone but not replaced with anything as substantial. The prosthetic tools are surprizingly useless as you ultimately need to play guitar hero with each encounter. There is no creativeness in success. Just tap in line with how the developers demand, to be allowed continue.

I have not enough space to flash out specifics, but a more in dept and more or less spoiler-free review can be found on my site:

theboilingpot dot net

I was able to play to the end but I took so little away when comparing to Froms other games. Each encounter victory did not leave me with a quickened heart rate but with a feeling of jumping through hoops at the whim of developers who felt they needed to reach a saltiness quota.

Sekiro is a game with alot of quality yet is never reached the impact as it otherwise may have.
  57. Apr 10, 2019
    I find the world in this game very exciting and beautiful that is till I hit my first brick wall of a boss. This is not my first from software game, I have been with them since Demon's Souls and I had hit brick walls back then, but the bosses were fun and even dying after a few times I felt like if I kept trying I could eventually come out victorious. Not here, some of the bosses in thisI find the world in this game very exciting and beautiful that is till I hit my first brick wall of a boss. This is not my first from software game, I have been with them since Demon's Souls and I had hit brick walls back then, but the bosses were fun and even dying after a few times I felt like if I kept trying I could eventually come out victorious. Not here, some of the bosses in this game will just kill you in matter of seconds if you make even the slightest mistake.

As I have gotten older my reflexes are not quite what they use to be and this game punishes me for that over and over again. You can really feel the Activision in this with them always wanting everything to be super-fast paced. Which is weird, because it is only that way with the bosses and some of the mini bosses, but the open world is on the other side of that? You can slowly go around and stealth kill enemies and take as much time as you want to clear out an area before going to the next.

The biggest difference with this and souls games are that in souls, you can build a character to fit YOUR fighting style. Playing as a cool shinobi is pretty fun, but if it’s not your style this game will suck for you. Also in Souls games when you hit a brick wall you could go back and level some or try to upgrade your gear in some way and take on the encounter again. In Sekiro you hit a wall you are pretty much SOL, because the only way to get stronger is to kill bosses or mini bosses. So if you were like me when you would hit a brick wall, you would go try to upgrade somehow and go back. This may not be the game for you; because I have fought one boss so many times I lost count. Sometimes I would get them to the secret third phase (no surprise there), I would be all out of gourds (flasks) and would be struck down in seconds.

On the bright side of things, this games open world is awesome, it’s beautiful, the stealth is neat and counter system is pretty fun. It just not enough to fun for when you hit a brick wall and can't get passed it. So if you really want to try it, I would suggest buying it used somewhere or wait for a sale at the very least. It is worth trying to see if it is something you may like or not, because to each their own. My last side note is the first 10 hours or so you will have you ups and downs, it’s not till later you will hit the brick walls.

With that said, this is not the From Software I know and love; this is something I won't even bother to beat. I purchased this game digitally, because I thought "oh it’s From Software, I'm sure I will love it." To tell you the truth, if I had a psychical copy, the game would already be returned or sold off.
  58. Apr 26, 2019
    Rice girl a best.
    It's really frustrating that the whole game is so one-sided and focused on parrying. A bit of a step back from soulsborne with all its variety.
    DO IT FOR HER
  59. Mar 22, 2019
    This is a placeholder review and I'll update as I sink more hours into the game. Five to six hours in and it is just incredible so far. It oozes atmosphere all over, sounds great and looks up there wirh the best of games on PRO, qlmost looks 4k 60fps, almost. The game is less difficult and less punishing in some ways to souls but miles and miles more difficult in other ways, the ways thatThis is a placeholder review and I'll update as I sink more hours into the game. Five to six hours in and it is just incredible so far. It oozes atmosphere all over, sounds great and looks up there wirh the best of games on PRO, qlmost looks 4k 60fps, almost. The game is less difficult and less punishing in some ways to souls but miles and miles more difficult in other ways, the ways that count like combat and Boss fight, you can't cheese things here or pwerlevel your way through and on top there is no back up online, it reminds me of playing Dark souls one again and not having any idea what is coming, constantly keeping me on edge and a style of play more conservative than I have in as long as I can remember playing DS.

The comparisons to DS stop fairly early on though, it's mostly surface stuff here as the game has more in common with Ps2 era Ninja games, one in particular being Tenchu, it screams nostalgia but holds it's own and blends in DS to perfection.

I'd recommend playing in the default Japanese as the dub feels a lot less refined but you can still play in English if you choose.
    I'm currently so happy with this game thst it's a ten for me and worth the asking price for the time I have spent, I do wish Activison weren't involved however but hopefully this will provide success and take them away from their horrible misteps in the industry.

Will update as I beat out more bosses. Tl;Dr. Looks, sounds and plays grwat, a game of the year contendor no doubt.
  60. Mar 22, 2019
    Amazing game. A brilliant combat system, a beautiful game art and an innovative game design. Thank you from software!
  61. Mar 25, 2019
    so far amazing, about 8 hours in, a mixture of different games in one, but holds a unique feel and is hard but rewarding just like others from software games. graphics are breathtaking but the gameplay is where its at , a learning curve required but if you go in thinking its not souls youll be fine.
    Amazing
  62. Mar 24, 2019
    absolute frikin masterpiece what a game wow. mechanics are solid and the atmosphere is unlike any game i've played in a long time.
  63. Mar 24, 2019
    Fantastic, spectacular, amazing, difficult, crisp, fresh, electrifying, superb!

Fantastic, spectacular, amazing, difficult, crisp, fresh, electrifying, superb!

The game is everything I hoped it will be, but above all, it bring a fresh, demanding combat system for anyone who wants to push their limits and be challenged! No longer you can fall back to always safe methods like spamming rolls, or cower behind the shield. In the spirit of samurai classics like Go Rin No Sho or Hagakure, Sekiro wants you to face the danger head on - unflinching, with straight body and alert mind, depending on your well honed defensive reflexes to push on attack until you break the enemy's posture and score a deathblow, brushing aside attacks and tricks of your foes as you go. The feeling of accomplishment after defeating a boss in this game is unrivaled.

Compared to tired, formulaic "triple A" games-as-service like Anthem or Assassin's Creed that offer only ego pampering and boring routine sprinkled with a few trinkets from lootboxes, Sekiro does not want to scam you for extra money with lootbox lottery, does not want to hook you up for boredom shifts that resemble work, no, Sekiro is a honest, purely single player game cooked with raw difficulty, solid, well thought design and thick, immersive atmosphere we know from the Souls games.

Congrats, From Software, you have conquered the gaming world again!
  64. Mar 24, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an action game that strong mix-up of Tenchu and Nioh.
    The plot takes place of the fantastic sengoku era of Japan. Controlling a sole protagonist one-armed ninja who fight against demons and their minions. The main character “Okami” will be facing with numerous strong enemies, such as: giant snake, golem-like undead samurai warriors, ogres, kunoichis and lots of inhuman beings throughout the game.

Comparing to Dark Souls series, Sekiro is a quite different game. You can either finish off your opponents by full stealth technique or one vs all melee combat style. You can sneak on the ledges, roofs, hills or hiding in the bushes, inside of the walls (just like Tenchu series). Our main character can learn new techniques and collect many new items, power-ups in addition to to his sub-weapons. The combat is heavily based on “sword on sword” gameplay. You can also use your “grappling hook” a lot along with the other gears you have. Unlike the Souls series, you have to be capable with one single character and his skills. Battle and dodge system is perfect despite some difficulties you have to struggle with, at the beginning.

I can clearly say that boss battles so tough yet super fascinating (sometimes frustrating). So therefore, game gives you a ressurrection option whenever you beaten up. Not to mention this is a fast paced game.

There are some similarity between the Souls game and Sekiro since it’s the spiritual successor of Souls games. Boss fights, bonfires and estus-like potions just some of them. The campaign has influenced by Souls/Bloodborne theme. The atmosphere is so epic, especially during the boss battles. Surprisingly some clashes are harder then any normal boss battle.

Visuals are gorgeous but i can’t say the same for the frame-rates. Even PS4 Pro and Xbox One X can’t handle with the stable frame rate at lower resolutions (it barely hits 45fps). This is a big flaw of the game unfortunately, i hope they fixed it with a proper patch soon. Sounds, voices, soundtrack, they all awesome and you can feel the heat!

From Software did a great job on this game. Along with DMC 5, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twices is one of the best action-adventure game of 2019. Highly recommending this game for all DS and epic journey fans. Play on.
  65. Mar 25, 2019
    Great game all around, 20 hours in I found myself googling the actual story length, I just don't want it to end anytime soon.
    Combat system is truly revolutionary in its complexity and variability. Exploring for new tools adds a new kind of character building level, when missing single one of many prosthetics means missing a whole new mechanic you can utilize in your combat and therefore you just can't allow yourself to go past any kind of tiny secret path on your way.

To mention some minor letdowns for me so far:
    1) OST is not that atmospheric and haunting, especially compared to previous From's titles;
    2) level design is a bit too open for my taste - with this much of options to proceed I feel lost out of story progression sometimes and stressed with guessing things like "should I even be here fighting this thing at this point?". Having 2-3 paths to move on is fine, but currently I have like 5 different ways to go further at once and I am not a big fan of this simultaneous levels availability, I'll probably forget about 2 of them by the time I finish writing this.

Other than that I am so happy with how things turned out with Sekiro. Can't wait for DLC announcement
  66. Mar 24, 2019
    Jogo do ano! Ação e combates excelentes com uma jogabilidade fluida. Ninja Gaiden, Tenchu e Soulsborne, combinação perfeita!
  67. Mar 26, 2019
    yes the game hard even harder than the souls series .. but it is balanced and very rewarding and require skills and passion , i love it and i don;t want it to end but everything good has an end
  68. Mar 24, 2019
    Didn't know that i would enjoy this game, boy was i wrong I'm having a blast playing this masterpiece definitely 10/10
  69. Mar 25, 2019
    Sekiro is an amazing title from From Software that I can only find one noticeable flaw in- so I'll get the gripe out of the way: the unseen aid mechanic. For those that don't know, when you (really) die in Sekiro, you lose half of your sen and half of the experience earned towards your next point- that is, unless Unseen Aid occurs, a random chance to save you from penalties that lessensSekiro is an amazing title from From Software that I can only find one noticeable flaw in- so I'll get the gripe out of the way: the unseen aid mechanic. For those that don't know, when you (really) die in Sekiro, you lose half of your sen and half of the experience earned towards your next point- that is, unless Unseen Aid occurs, a random chance to save you from penalties that lessens with subsequent deaths.

So let's say you arrive at a boss, aka one of the places you will be dieing the most at. You check your sen and your experience, finding that you are about half way to your next skill point and a bit shorthanded on coin for the goody you've been saving up for. The game's systems naturally encourage you to go make sure you complete that skill point and invest your sen in something (for this I believe they realized some of the clunkiness midway through the design process and made sen pouches, or this game's version of 'soul of a _ undead', purchasable from vendors at a minor upcharge). However, I don't want to do that. I want to go bang my head against a boss when I get to it- it's what I like in souls games (and yes this is a souls game, regardless of the inclusion of posture and z-axis exploration). It's a minor annoyance on par with occasionally needing to farm for vials in bullets in Bloodborne.

The main reason it sticks out a little more to me is the unseen aid mechanic. When you arrive at that boss, of course gamers are going to game the system and make sure their currencies are roughly 0. Almost nobody is so green in the genre anymore to actually believe they would make it out of a boss encounter they've never experienced with anything left anyway. So then, what good is unseen aid? A random chance to save you from..... what exactly? The answer is that it's basically only good for saving you from unexpected deaths out in the world, and does nothing in the areas of the game with plentiful expected deaths.

Now after a rant like that, the 9 out of 10 may seem a tad strange, and that should tell you how good everything else about this game is. The reason I went into more detail of my one gripe is because it's likely to be one of the only reasonably unique sentiments I have to contribute to a discussion on the game's merits. So that being said, I'll keep it short and sweet for the positives. The combat, the atmosphere, the exploration, the movement...... it's simply amazing. I won't say that if you like Souls games, you WILL like Sekiro, but I will say that if you like Souls games, you CAN like Sekiro if you give it a chance and learn its combat. You will have some tough stumbles at first, but if you are a Souls veteran, you are made of stern enough stuff to tough it out.

As a side note, I love that it doesn't have the loot systems apparent in Nioh. I hate having to constantly figure out which version of the same weapon is better. Part of the reason I like loot in Souls games, is that a zweihander is a zweihander- yes you can upgrade it in various ways, but there isn't any sifting of loot. It's an experience I value in some games, but not when I'm playing a Souls-like, and it severely hurt my enjoyment of Nioh.
  70. Mar 25, 2019
    When you first start the game you might be thinking "oh wow this combat is excellent what a unique and excellent experience.....however eventually the game fights back it introduces nearly one hit kill enemies and attacks from groups. I would honestly rather jerk off with some barbed wire then torture myself anymore with this experience. But can't let the game.....can't let it win...... IWhen you first start the game you might be thinking "oh wow this combat is excellent what a unique and excellent experience.....however eventually the game fights back it introduces nearly one hit kill enemies and attacks from groups. I would honestly rather jerk off with some barbed wire then torture myself anymore with this experience. But can't let the game.....can't let it win...... I haven't seen my family since this game released *sobbing* 10/10 would suffer again Expand
  71. Mar 26, 2019
    This is the worst game, not just by Fromsoft but in the history of games.
    There's no depth and skill involved in the combat, you just mash two buttons, unlike in Dark Souls where you mash one.
    Its just a **** rhythm game with no actual gameplay involved and you have to actually learn the bosses' patterns to defeat them. This is just a bad copy of Nioh and Soulsborne games. You can only
    This is the worst game, not just by Fromsoft but in the history of games.
    This is just a bad copy of Nioh and Soulsborne games.
    You can only use one main weapon to beat the game and that's bad because having lots of weapons and using five of them was much better.
    You have to play in the way that was intended by the developers, because breaking the game with unintended methods is clearly evidence of good game design.
    You're just fighting the same enemies and minibosses over and over again and of course them being placed in different environments changes nothing about the way you fight them.
    The only reason why this game is being praised is because its made by Fromsoft and if you disagree with me, your opinion is WRONG and you are a From fangay as well.
  72. Apr 23, 2019
    This game is **** I was a FromSoft fan since before they became mainstream. I've played King's Field IV, Ninja Blade, the 4 Souls + Bloodborne and loved them all except for DS3 which was just decent. I preordered DS3 and it disappointed me, but nothing is comparable to this game.
    All this game can give is a limited use of the grapple hook (who could have been used much more and better in combat). On every other account is just a much much worse version of Nioh/Bloodborne. And please don't embarrass yourself with "it's not a soulslike, it's an action game!". This game has nothing to do with, let's say, Ninja Gaiden (which i love) or Devil May Cry or whatever. This is just the worst soulslike the world has ever seen.

This game sums up everything terrible videogames can give like:
    - Bossfights including annoying minions
    - Fake difficulty (most minibosses deal you more damage with a blow than what a sip of flask can cure)
    - Classic terrible camera by FromSoft, now up to eleven
    - Stealth is mediocre. Sometimes decent, sometimes terrible
    - You can run out of "ammo" for the prosthetic. They could have used a replenishing system like the one for spells in the souls games, instead they decide to go for "the buy/farm it" way like for vials in bloodborne.
    - In a fast paced game like this, healing is not rapid like in Bloodborne or Nioh, but a slow animation like dark souls
    - Speaking of animations, your attacks have considerable slower animations than the mob attacks. Also, most enemies have a much longer rage than you have.
    - The tracking is obnoxious. People who complained about dark souls 2 and not for this are full of ****.
    - Hitboxes are broken like few things i've ever seen.
    - Despite taking out every appreciable rpg element, they some annoying out-of-place ones like farming for leveling up to unlock moves, and to buy stuff from merchants
    - Mediocre plot and mediocre setting
    - Absolutely horrible and annoying music. I swear to god i started turn it off because it bothered me. I tried again with music reaching the various boss fights, and even giving the music second chances i still loathe it.

If this is the future of From Software, i hope from software has no future.
  73. Mar 23, 2019
    3 a.m. here and i am giving up.

First impression: Nioh in a DS shell. Story is ok. Then the game system. I won't say it is difficult or something, I survived until lady butterfly. The real problem is, The game is hard is not because of trap/skill or anything the same in Dark soul series. The game is hard because you have 0 skills(Deflect and Attack with a sword to the end), 3
    3 a.m. here and i am giving up.

First impression: Nioh in a DS shell.
    Story is ok.
    Then the game system.

I won't say it is difficult or something, I survived until lady butterfly.
    The real problem is,
    The game is hard because you have
    0 skills(Deflect and Attack with a sword to the end),
    3 HP(any enemy can kill you in two hit)
    And your enemies, "supernatural", "space-magic", etc

I will say it is super fun at the beginning,
    soon you will found everything is same,
    and you are not getting strong when you win a boss fight or anything
    and you don't really care about the story....
    And nothing to explore or discover...

Luckily I bought game stop pre-order return service....
    Yeah, I want my money back
  74. Mar 23, 2019
    Just like bloodborne, this game is another From Software masterpiece! I wish all games could be this polished and be created with this level of passion!
  75. Mar 23, 2019
    Just awesome.
    I love Souls series. But this is something else.
    When Dark SOuls meets Tenchu & Ninja Gaiden.
    Incredible level design.

No more words. Just play this game.
  76. Mar 23, 2019
    FromSoftware have grown into one of those studios whose game releases are big events. And I'm really glad as they are one of the few companies out there devoted to strong singleplayer games and the Soulsbourne games are one of the reasons I got into gaming.

That being said, Sekiro is a masterpiece. Its a natural evolution on the soulsbourne games and is different in all the right ways. I bestow my highest praises on FromSoftware, they are true masters of the art of making videogames, and while I play Sekiro, I eagerly await their next game no matter how long it takes.
  77. Mar 22, 2019
    Sekiro Fantastic!!!!
    Following Bloodbone, created a masterpiece.
    But the difficulty is really difficult.
    FromSoftware g.o.d!
  78. Mar 23, 2019
    My expectations were high, and Sekiro managed to exceed them. FromSoftware, once again, delivers the best level design in video games. However, this time around they have included a combat engine with a greater degree of dynamism, allowing for intense skirmishes based on parrying, deflecting, and good 'ol maneuvering. Honestly, combat is the best a FromSoftware game has ever been. ItMy expectations were high, and Sekiro managed to exceed them. FromSoftware, once again, delivers the best level design in video games. However, this time around they have included a combat engine with a greater degree of dynamism, allowing for intense skirmishes based on parrying, deflecting, and good 'ol maneuvering. Honestly, combat is the best a FromSoftware game has ever been. It stands among the best in the entire art form. The world is rich and beautiful and well realized. The leveling system has been dramatically simplified, but in its place is a fantastic system for developing, and upgrading, your shinobi prosthetic (which essentially acts as a sub-weapon). The traversal in this game is shockingly satisfying. I was not expecting that. I figured we would get something along the line of the grappling hook in the Arkham games (which I always found a little cumbersome), but instead the grappling hook feels fast and fluid. The traversal in this game feels like it mixes the best elements of the traditional Souls level design/progression, with BotW's emphasis on verticality and freedom. The balance it strikes is extremely satisfying, providing an end result that makes the traversal feel incredible, but without undermining the tight level design. Sekiro is a marvel. It is going to be brought down by the barrier of entry (which forces people to play Sekiro in a thoughtful manner), as frustrated gamers are bound to lash out, but don't pay them any mind. Sekiro is one of the best games ever made. Quite possibly the best game of this generation. Expand
  79. Mar 22, 2019
    I have not finished the game yet, but so far the story, atmosphere and artwork are outstanding. Bravo From Software. It's remarkable how fresh, new and good this game feels. It's like trying on a pair of shoes that feel absolutely comfortable without needing to break them in.
  80. Mar 22, 2019
    Great combat system, intriguing characters, and beautiful level design. MASTAPEECE
  81. Mar 23, 2019
    Just couple of hours in and I'm already sold. So far the game has been fun and challenging, and it invites me to play more. Being a true Souls-series fan (started with Demon's Souls at 2010, now completed all of them multiple times), here are my first impressions of this game so far:

The combat: ------------------ You play as shinobi augmented with an arm prosthesis. Katana is your

The combat:
    ------------------
    You play as shinobi augmented with an arm prosthesis. Katana is your primary weapon and your main defense. The core mechanics are simple: Attack or deflect enemies attacks to degrade your opponent's posture. Once the opponent's posture is broken you may execute an deathblow attack to deal plenty of damage. You may block or deflect enemies attacks with your katana. Beware of your timing and posture though... You also need to master techniques such as jumping, mid-air kicking, dodging and counter attacking to become skilled shinobi. Certain enemies needs specific strategies and skill. Arm prosthesis can be augmented with different tools to aid you in the fight. There is no stamina, but swinging blind means dead. Despite being faster-paced and utilizing more mobility, the combat feels natural for Souls-fans with it's familiar control scheme, lock-on system and tight response.

The stealth:
    ------------------
    There is an enjoyable stealth aspect to this game. You can crouch beneath the vegetation, hug walls and hang on edges to sneak past enemies and eavesdrop their conversations. You fling around the roofs and cliffs with your prosthesis. The game doesn't force this but gives you freedom instead. Utilizing the stealth and mobility feels natural and rewarding.

Exploration:
    -------------
    So far I have discovered some cleverly hidden or well guarded items familiar to Souls-series. The fling ability adds a completely new dimension to typical Souls-esque exploration. You can loot sen (money) and items from fallen enemies. So far the areas haven't felt dull (I'm still at first area), but I'm hoping to see mighty pagodas and unique architectures during the journey.

The world & lore
    ------------------------
    Where as Soulsborne games are medieval- and Victorian-era fantasies borrowing elements from the European culture, Sekiro is Sengoku-era fantasy borrowing elements from the Japanese culture. The characteristic "Souls feel" is still very present in the mystical lore, symbolism, hidden events and the general look and feel of the game. I'm still at the very beginning of the journey waiting to see how they managed to balance the diversity and coherence of the world.

Summary
    --------
    For Souls-series fan the first impressions of this game (after reaching Sculptor) was like returning home. On the other hand, it feels like playing Demon's Souls for the first time back then, thanks to fresh new elements. I will update this review once I have completed the game.
  82. Mar 25, 2019
    Arguably the best action game ever in terms of "action". The combat in this game is soooo good if you understand the mechanics and play like how the devs want you to. it's so much better than Dark Souls or Blood Borne though I loved them and spend like 5000 hours in total. I feel like people who think this combat is boring or too difficult are those who don't understand the mechanics andArguably the best action game ever in terms of "action". The combat in this game is soooo good if you understand the mechanics and play like how the devs want you to. it's so much better than Dark Souls or Blood Borne though I loved them and spend like 5000 hours in total. I feel like people who think this combat is boring or too difficult are those who don't understand the mechanics and play it like Dark Souls or something. When you understand the mechanics of the game and play wisely this game can't never be boring. I thought parrying would be difficult before I actually played it but it's actually easy and, most importantly, satisfying and fun. Parrying all of enemies attack is so fun and sick. Expand
  83. Mar 24, 2019
    I play in PC.

GRAPHICS: The optimitzation is simply perfect and the game looks really well. Of course is not top graphic master race but enought. The ambience and effects of light are superb. GAMEPLAY: This is not a game for all people, this game is just for masochists. It's a game made for fans of SOULS style that love to suffer. FROM SOFTWARE knows what his fans want and in this
    I play in PC.

GAMEPLAY: This is not a game for all people, this game is just for masochists. It's a game made for fans of SOULS style that love to suffer. FROM SOFTWARE knows what his fans want and in this game you have all you wish. I played all SOULS and BLOODBORNE, I completed DARSOULS 3 without dying and after that for my BLOODBORNE seems very easy (for take an idea of my skill in that genere). But in Sekiro... OMFG... This is madness. The level of "trial and error" reminds me a 80*s game and I love it. So for me this game mix DAR SOULS difficult + BLOODBORNE fast combat and give to us an unforgettable experience highly recomended.

If you love this kind of games I'm sure that you enjoy it, if not... Try first SOULS or BLOODBORNE or you end mad playing this cos I'm sure that you'll die a lot... who forewarned is forearmed

xD
  84. Apr 1, 2019
    Stands alongside Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne as the best Fromsoftware is capable of and one of the best games of the modern era. No other studio working today is as effortlessly confident and successful at making new IPs, and as much as I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 and, yes, even Dark Souls 2, I think I'm not alone in hoping that their next game will be another fresh IP because they haveStands alongside Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne as the best Fromsoftware is capable of and one of the best games of the modern era. No other studio working today is as effortlessly confident and successful at making new IPs, and as much as I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 and, yes, even Dark Souls 2, I think I'm not alone in hoping that their next game will be another fresh IP because they have demonstrated three times in a row that they are not only incapable of failing at it, but that it's when they do their most profound and impressive work. Expand
  85. Mar 25, 2019
    While I can't exactly say it's as substantial or as replayable as Souls and Bloodborne, what Sekiro does offer is a well-polished, incredibly challenging action-adventure game with an intuitive combat system, lots of risk, and solid (albeit minimal) stealth mechanics. It is Dark Souls meets Tenchu, and if you're a fan of both, you shouldn't be disappointed.
  86. Apr 5, 2019
    by far my favorite fromsoftware game truly great but if you don't like a challenge don't buy this game
  87. Mar 27, 2019
    Game of the year!!
    A perfect accompaniment to the SoulsBorne series, with plenty of unique ideas of its own and some of the best combat of the generation.
  88. Mar 25, 2019
    I played about 15 hours, Sekiro does not have spectacular graphics but has beautiful scenery with many places to explore which always makes you want to continue playing for the curiosity to discover new places. It is quite challenging indeed, most fights are difficult and demand a lot of skill and immediate response, one of the bad points of the game is that you will hardly be wellI played about 15 hours, Sekiro does not have spectacular graphics but has beautiful scenery with many places to explore which always makes you want to continue playing for the curiosity to discover new places. It is quite challenging indeed, most fights are difficult and demand a lot of skill and immediate response, one of the bad points of the game is that you will hardly be well rewarded or hardly will be in advantage when doing a good parry for example because in many situations the opponent will continue attacking you and you'll have to be prepared for all his next moves or else when you can get in with a hit in the gap of an onslaught of him in many cases you will not be able to stop him, these things are very frustrating and do not give the feeling of being in a fair combat, I also miss a faster attack with the sword as a poke or a "jab" to force the opponent to a wrong move, but as far as I played I still did not get anything like this. Artificil intelligence is a bit robotic and generic when you're not fighting, the characters do not have much personality, the game brings the feel at some moments of being a last generation game, but it's very immersive. Overall it is a good Action-RPG that reminds Tenchu ​​and it's for those who have a lot of patience. Expand
  89. Mar 24, 2019
    Ok so, i'm 20 hours deep in the game and the only thing i can say is, WOW, the scenarios are beautiful, the enemies have a great designed and the bosses are challenging.
    The map is so well designed, it is all connected.
    The map is so well designed, it is all connected.
    The game is hard, not for everyone, i have finished all the souls-borne games, and for me this is the hardest by far, you have to be a master in the fighting mechanic because if you are not, you are going to have a really bad time.
    First real GOTY nominee for me right here, well done From Software
  90. Mar 25, 2019
    The game embodies the "break you down, then build you up" mantra often adopted by military boot camps. It is relentless, punishing, and unfeeling. It forces you to adapt. You will be very angry and may feel like quitting. But, once you do adapt, you will feel rewarded. Less for the items, loot, and abilities you receive upon triumph, and more for the knowledge that through the tribulationThe game embodies the "break you down, then build you up" mantra often adopted by military boot camps. It is relentless, punishing, and unfeeling. It forces you to adapt. You will be very angry and may feel like quitting. But, once you do adapt, you will feel rewarded. Less for the items, loot, and abilities you receive upon triumph, and more for the knowledge that through the tribulation you have become better. Man, does the game make you feel good about being better.

Not perfect by any means, though. A few bugs here and there, not the most visually stunning in today's climate, camera can be clunky.
  91. JGY
    Mar 26, 2019
    I am writing a review from the perspective of someone who has very little experience with the Dark Souls/BloodBorne series. So from this perspective I can tell all who fall into this boat that Sekiro is a game of contradictions. It is difficult, challenging, and certainly NOT a game you play just to relax. That being said, if you play it, there is something about this game that keeps youI am writing a review from the perspective of someone who has very little experience with the Dark Souls/BloodBorne series. So from this perspective I can tell all who fall into this boat that Sekiro is a game of contradictions. It is difficult, challenging, and certainly NOT a game you play just to relax. That being said, if you play it, there is something about this game that keeps you wanting to come back.
    The world itself, set in feudal Japan, is absolutely breathtaking. It is authentic, regal, mature, taking aspects of Japanese history/mythology and highly immersive. I found myself sometimes just standing in one spot and moving the camera around just to admire the design. By the way, do this often in the game, there are many hidden areas that can be overlooked if you aren't aware of your surroundings. The story is equally engaging, and you begin to really take a liking for the character you play as you progress in the game.

But the greatest factor of this game is its controls. I've played lots of games in my lifetime, but I have never played a game whose controls were so fluid and perfect. After five minutes of playtime I was surprised how organic the controls were. And, by extension, this drastically elevates the combat system. Suffice it to say you actually feel like you are holding the katana when fighting NPCs. It will take some time to learn the combat, however. The enemies in the game aren't messing around, they are just as skilled if not more skilled than you are. With practice and PATIENCE you'll become the Shinobi the game requires you to be.
    All-in-all this game is beautiful, challenging, brutal, and so rewarding to play. It challenges the gamer to become precise in combat, aware of surrounding and, in a nutshell, gain an intelligence that not many games offer. In terms of warnings, be prepared to die A LOT. If you can get through this game with minimal causalities you are a god. But if you are a vanilla mortal like the rest of us, you will certainly enjoy getting your ass kicked in a stunningly beautiful way :P
    Thus far this is the best game of 2019 and actually has made it to my top ten best games I have ever played easily.
  92. Mar 26, 2019
    If not the best, one of most addicting games of this year!
    Despite some personal issues with the game, consistent with the game's level design, it's another great piece of art made by Hidetaka Miyazaki. Although, I found the lack of Bakhshi's appearance disturbing, it's definitely worth the time.
  93. Mar 26, 2019
    From Software can’t cease to impress! Thank you very much team From Software for this gem, clearly a lot of work and passion went to it. And the business model is exemplary, great job on this amazing entry and definitely looking forward to your continuation!
    Pros:
    - Amazing artwork, lore and graphics. - The combat is really innovative and challenging, perfecting it requires skill,
    Pros:
    - Amazing artwork, lore and graphics.
    - The combat is really innovative and challenging, perfecting it requires skill, practice and patience.
    - Top notch world and character design accompanied with a compelling story.
    - Amazing voice acting in both Japanese and English and a top soundtrack to compliment this amazingly executed game.
    Cons:
    None.

I put a score of 10 and it is a deserved 10 for me, not to counter the pathetic 0.. I fully recommend this masterpiece to anyone up for the difficulty.
  94. Apr 2, 2019
    Brilliant game.I
    m amazed how much different this game is compared to other Fromsoftware I was definitely sure it would be a great game
    Thank you FromSoftware once again ! You're the best in the world
  95. Mar 22, 2019
    First game I've played in the Dark Souls / Bloodbourne category. The combat is so fantastic that I farmed enemies in the same area for 10 hours straight. This is coming from someone who hates grindy games. (You don't have to, I was just having a blast and wanted to practice)
    This gives me the same feelings I got whenever I played through Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time when I was a kid. The way they nail the era they set this in is just perfect. Absolutely GORGEOUS visuals playing on PC @ 4096x2160 with HDR running at 60 FPS on a 2080TI.
    The sound position is incredible and the music is very memorable. I'll definitely be buying the OST.
    Really surprised at how well this game is crafted and want to thank From Software for keeping it DRM Free and not selling out to the Epic Games Store. THANK YOU!!!
  96. Mar 25, 2019
    First off, and this is important, this is NOT a souls game.

If you are looking for the kind of depth and customization you would find in Souls and Bloodborne, you’re on the wrong track. You’re going to end up with a souls-lite experience. Now. Let’s judge it for what it is: Sekiro is a brilliantly crafted, brutally challenging, utterly enthralling ACTION game with some
    First off, and this is important, this is NOT a souls game.

Now. Let’s judge it for what it is:

Sekiro is a brilliantly crafted, brutally challenging, utterly enthralling ACTION game with some ‘souls-like’ elements.

Leveling up isn’t the focus here. Instead, the real skill is put on the player in a way I haven’t experienced in a video game for quite some time. Becoming a master of your simple skill set is such a rewarding journey, I am stunned at how meticulously crafted it is. Every experience teaches you and gradually hones your skill. None of the game can be surpassed through over-grinding or leveling up some magical weapon you saved up for. You need to listen to the NPCs, you need to grow with the game, you need to practice your actual gaming skill. As a result, the entire experience is one of the most rewarding I have ever felt playing a game. When it clicks it feels so so good. You feel like a superhero.

The visuals are some of the strongest I’ve seen from From Software and the world is gorgeous. The entire aesthetic of the game is slick and elegant. The story is really fantastic as well. I was impressed with how deep it was, given how few RPG elements there were.

Overall, this is already my game of the year. It will take a great deal to knock it off it’s throne. I have played all souls games, but I am by no means a From Software junkie or die hard fan. I expected an interesting experience with Sekiro, but I never imagined how swept away I would be.
  97. Mar 29, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sekiro is a beautiful game with great soundtrack and sound effects. The story is scarce, the questlines boring, and the NPC forgettable (can't even kill them this time). There is little incentive to play this after the first run.

It is ALSO let down by the combat
    With each iteration, From Software wants the player to stop doing what they are doing and "parry". That was the case in Dark Souls, where some enemies are easily taken out by properly learning this technique. Makes sense! Then in Bloodborne, they took out the player's shield and gave it a gun for parrying enemies (you can't parry most Bosses, but the safe distance of the gun was balanced).
    Then in Sekiro, they want you to do nothing but parry / deflect. Block-spamming, or block dancing, for most players, is the most boring combat engine I've seen in a recent game..

Did you not deflect a flurry of attacks perfectly? Well, you are going to eat an attack! Where you not at full health? Well, you'll probably die. Oh, and while you are rolling on the floor after being punished for not playing perfectly, all that posture damage you managed to make will go away because you didn't deal any actual damage to the Boss. So, you either play perfectly and don't press any buttons so you can press block / deflect from the barrage of attacks the Bosses do (that take at least 1/2 your life, while you do 1/32 or even less).. or you run around waiting for that ONE hit you can make without being hit back, lowering the Boss's vitality making your posture damage worthwhile.

I'm also very disappointed with the Controls and hit-boxes.. They should not be a problem for such a company. The lack of interesting items, weapons and the short duration of this game is also a negative.

The Unseen Aid and Dragonrot mechanic is also nothing but an annoyance. Players, instead of risking moving forward when low in resources will now, due to fear of the unexplained mechanic (and the probability of NPCs dying), return to the closes Sculptor Idol. It's fabricated length.
    Also, I would have been fine with dying a lot, but losing SKILL points and money? Because seriously.. who is going to walk around with skill or money that they wouldn't rather FARM and SPEND as needed? It doesn't really tie-in the theme of the game..
    And speaking of that, this is a Shinobi or Ninja we are playing as.. but the little stealth / deathblow mechanic is relegated to common enemies.. There is NO Boss battle where anything akin to Ninja skills are required. Instead, you fight like an honorable Samurai each time (without mentioning the "Shinobi Execution" message, that makes no sense).

Finally, Ninjas are known for strictly following the rules.. So when it comes to decide which ending you are going to pursue, not listening to your number 1 rule is out of character. Also, 2 immediate fights and a lazy twist where you become "Shura" is one of the worse things of the game. It seems like they ran out of time or creativity.

** And a personal issue : They had the Sculptor's Idol right in front of the optional Demon of Hatred Boss, but for Genichiro + Isshin, you have to wait for the LONG load times + go up the stairs + skip a cutscene every time. The fact that this is such a long battle, and Isshin's Phase 2 and 3 don't give you that much time to heal when you are learning the strategy doesn't help, and Dragonrot messages + Useless unseen aid makes repeating this process utterly annoying after a while. If you are going to make your Boss a minimum of 5 minutes (with basically 4 life-bars), you could at least make it easier on the casual player, if they are to repeat this for days.

Played it, finished it, didn't really enjoy any aspect of it and will not return to it.
  98. Apr 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's amazing! Game of the year.
    I'm happy to see Hidetaka Miyazaki and his Fromsoftware is becomeing stronger and stronger !
    I want to take an example.——The boss"white python"!
    It's giant and never appear in past games. This boss Imitate from Santa Monica Studio!

Hidetaka Miyazaki is one of the best Game Designers in the world!
  99. Mar 26, 2019
    Con bastantes variantes a las sagas SOULS... que te hacen sentir una nueva aventura de calidad y muy entetenida, llena de retas y peleas emocionantes.

COMPRENLO!!!... es buenisimo :3., y si buscan verdaderos retos.... ya comprenlo! jajaja
  100. Apr 1, 2019
    Sekiro is so far the best game from FromSoftware in terms of the combat system, art design, and overall atmosphere. Some players would probably have a harsh time to get used to ist new combat system, but once you get it right, the satisfaction is beyond words. Plus, this is almost the only game you can find which successfully created a Japanese chambara (or Chinese swordman) sort of world,Sekiro is so far the best game from FromSoftware in terms of the combat system, art design, and overall atmosphere. Some players would probably have a harsh time to get used to ist new combat system, but once you get it right, the satisfaction is beyond words. Plus, this is almost the only game you can find which successfully created a Japanese chambara (or Chinese swordman) sort of world, so if you are a fan of chambara (or Chinese swordman) film, this is the right one for you. Expand
  101. Apr 21, 2019
    Weak, very weak in comparison to number of mechanics and game play styles in Dark Souls. Few sword attacks, few tools that can be used rarely and a LOT of useless skills that make you feel stupid because of your decision and amount of time you spent to get them. All the time I felt that my time is not respected, hours of game play to become stronger, but no... you are not so strong andWeak, very weak in comparison to number of mechanics and game play styles in Dark Souls. Few sword attacks, few tools that can be used rarely and a LOT of useless skills that make you feel stupid because of your decision and amount of time you spent to get them. All the time I felt that my time is not respected, hours of game play to become stronger, but no... you are not so strong and never will be.
    Weak, very weak art in comparison to BloodBorne. There was a few nice, but not breath-taking places, there were only several memorable but painful bosses.
    I didn't feel the presence of magic like in other Miyazaki games, nothing except concentration and feeling tired from the game already on the third hour. I've finished the game because I've waited for something that has never arrived.
    Bosses, oh these bosses. Too often, too alike, some are unreasonably strong - you rarely will be able to play the game, all the time you will just run for another attempt to defeat a boss. Some times even the same re-skinned boss, and here I mean many these "some times". It is obvious for me that the development time spent on game was not enough, so it was artificially enlarged.
    There are few things that I liked: Ashina Castle, Senpou temple, and few bosses, first fight and secret of win. But this game did not bring me the joy, this game did not become center of my relaxation time as it was before with Dark Souls.

1. May 15, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an enjoyable, yet deeply challenging game. It's not really a Dark Souls with samurais game, but whether or not you enjoyed the difficulty level of the battles in Dark Souls will be a good benchmark in gauging how much you'll like Sekiro. If you're persistent, up for a challenge, and don't become frustrated easily, then Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an easy game to recommend.
  2. Apr 28, 2019
    Though Sekiro feels impossibly hard at times, the level of euphoria you experience when delivering a death blow to a tricky boss or when you finally clear a castle grounds of all enemies is almost unparalleled.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice succeeds in its incredibly visceral combat and stealth all while being set in an engaging game world. However, its linear character growth options and repetitive combat begin to dull the experience after you get over the initial hump.