4.2

1. Feb 12, 2019
    Censored trash, thanks Sony... Avoid and buy the pc version if you can. The PS4 version has modes/features removed in order to pander to Sony's demands, it's still Xseed's fault.
  2. Mar 28, 2019
    Please go the change.org and search for sony censorship petition. Sign the petition and donate if you can! Sony needs to remain the best place for JRPGS! We are grown adults and can make our own decisions. Something is wrong when Nintendo is more lax on censorship!
  3. Mar 11, 2019
    If it weren't for Sony's meddling, I'd give this a 9 or 10. I love the Senran Kagura series but as Sony was allowed to put their hands in the pot for the western PS4 version, it has spoiled the amusing broth of a side section of the game that was entertaining to play around in. Highly recommend buying the Steam version instead. I can't seem to find any information on if the JapaneseIf it weren't for Sony's meddling, I'd give this a 9 or 10. I love the Senran Kagura series but as Sony was allowed to put their hands in the pot for the western PS4 version, it has spoiled the amusing broth of a side section of the game that was entertaining to play around in. Highly recommend buying the Steam version instead. I can't seem to find any information on if the Japanese release is censored as well or not, so I assume it is as well. Expand

1. Jun 4, 2019
    Your enjoyment of Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal is going to be dependent on how much you value the lore of the series. As this contains both the early wacky adventures and introspections of each of the shinobi, fans of the characters will love the treatment. Otherwise, the combat holds up, even without the use of items and combo moves. Although the other modes are filler, the presentation looks and sounds excellent. If you're a fan of the series but didn't play this game on the 3DS, Burst Re:Newal is worth checking out.
  2. Mar 12, 2019
    Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal plays it safe with the series' established formula, which is ironic considering these titles are anything but safe. The series has always stuck to its roots and embraced the perverseness that in equal measures repels and attracts gamers, and this entry does little but remind the gaming world that these games exist. Aside from Burst Re:Newal being a ground-up remake, there's surprisingly few innovations to take the series into uncharted territory, but the combat is nevertheless enjoyable, and the story interesting enough to just about support the weaker points of the experience.
  3. Feb 20, 2019
    Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal is a well made and polished remake that offers plenty of content for players to enjoy.