Experience Lara Croft's defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must master a deadly jungle, overcome terrifying tombs, and persevere through her darkest hour. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will ultimately be forgedExperience Lara Croft's defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must master a deadly jungle, overcome terrifying tombs, and persevere through her darkest hour. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will ultimately be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.
* Survive and Thrive In the Deadliest Place on Earth: Master an unforgiving jungle setting in order to survive. Explore underwater environments filled with crevasses and deep tunnel systems.
* Become One With the Jungle: Outgunned and outnumbered, Lara must use the jungle to her advantage. Strike suddenly and disappear like a jaguar, use mud as camouflage, and instill fear in enemies to sow chaos.
* Discover Dark and Brutal Tombs: Tombs are more terrifying than ever before, requiring advanced traversal techniques to reach them, and once inside they are filled with deadly puzzles.
* Uncover Living History: Discover a hidden city and explore the biggest hub space ever found in a Tomb Raider game.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider - 'One With The Jungle' Official Gameplay Reveal
Sep 10, 2018Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the best game in this trilogy and was well worth the wait. I've been trying to hold myself back with gushing about all the things so I don't spoil it for everyone, but seriously this game is a masterpiece. Yes, there are some things which bothered me while playing but overall the experience was magnificent and should not be missed.
Sep 10, 2018Shadow of the Tomb Raider shifts the franchise's focus more towards exploration - which is a good thing, since it complements Lara Croft's character in a way the more shooting-oriented previous games didn't. The adventure's a bit predictable, but nevertheless a joy to see through to the end, even if an annoying camera and bad input registration drag the experience down at times.
Sep 10, 2018With Shadow of the Tomb Raider, we get one of the best episodes of the whole franchise. It doesn't intend to revolutionize the formula the reboot put in place in 2013, but it has a quite interesting story and a dashing setting, offers a well balanced experience, and has a huge amount of challenges that will surely please plenty of virtual explorers.
Sep 17, 2018Shadow of the Tomb Raider shines in exploration, offering stunning scenic views that enrich the pursuit to walk among the greater open world. It's filled with rewarding puzzle platforming tombs that emphasize the return of new and old gameplay mechanics. However, the same can't be said for the story, as Lara's journey is concluded with a tired and tried formula that never reaches the potential it displays in certain cutscenes, despite its promising beginning.
Sep 10, 2018As a Tomb Raider game, as a coherent game in general, and as a narrative experience, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a startling fall from grace. A severe disappointment in a series that was previously going strong, and a sign that this version of Lara Croft might need to retire.
Sep 18, 2018Beautiful, Gorgeous game, one of the best action adventures around, well done Square Enix, I will know not to pay attention to the obvious FarBeautiful, Gorgeous game, one of the best action adventures around, well done Square Enix, I will know not to pay attention to the obvious Far Left SJW pseudo Journalist reviews of the Vine, Polygon and Telegraph again, or I would have missed out on a fantastic game, they just seem to exist to whine and preach far left ideology trying to taint and destroy everything, didn't any one tell them its just a game, a piece of entertainment?… Expand
Sep 21, 2018This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played on PS4 and finished 2 playthroughs. One on hard and one on hard for traversal and puzzles but normal for combat. I'm not a friend of hard combat so I don't think I'm gonna play this on a harder diffuclty.
- I had a bug free game except for the 100% artifact achievement
- photo mode (could need some improvement but there already is a thread for that)
- the traversal in every aspect without the white ledges. I looooove it every time Lara's grib fails and I have to press the grab button again.
- every puzzle and tomb, especially the eagle trial and path of battle
- the nahual quest
- the stealth system
- the cenotes, the whole yaaxil stuff gave me the creeps (you heard them but never really saw them); especially before we really knew what
and who they are.
- The cenotes challenge tomb with the ship
- San Juan was a lovely hub, wish it would had been bigger.
- Lara's arms :3
- Unuratu was very well written, I really felt sad when she died
- Etzli was gladly not some annoying little brat but I would had prefered a little older boy (16) to take on his mothers heir. How old is he?
- Villagers voiced their annoyance when Lara ran and shoved them outta the way.
- Jonah did a good job on keeping Lara on the ground. For exampel when he shouted at her after the tsunami.
- The story itself was good.
- Lara's personality was good, like she didn't had time or cared about her injured leg while Jonah worried. The best part was when she had her badass moment at the oil refinery and the "Don't try me" part.
What irked me was that she said sorry to Amaru after stabbing him. Why? He killed her father. She didn't had any connection with him. I would had understand the "sorry" if he had been one of her Professors or an old friend who visited them often when Lara was young. Also that she fell so easily for Rourke's lie about Jonah being dead.
- her stiff necklace (might be minor but it annoyed me)
- There were no visible marks on Lara's back (in the cutscene) after the Jaguar attack. I mean her back must have deep cuts from those
- way too often in combat my view got blocked by big ass leaves (some games make objects transparent when the camera gets too close) - Invisible walls ok there weren't that many but I wished I could jump on most tents, sheds, block of stones. For example I was deeply annoyed that I couldn't jump and climb on most of the buildings in San Juan village and Kuvaq Yaku. I WOULD LOVE TO CLIMB EVERYTHING - The villagers of Paititi shared how many different faces? Not many because after running around some time I recognized them all over again. Some incest heavy village there. Also the faces of Amarus guards all looked the same you can even recognize that tho they wear helmets or facepaint. A little bit more face diversity wouldn't hurt. - Where's that deadly Jungle? There weren't enough Jaguar encounters. Where are the Anacondas, black caimans, giant centipedes and vipers? I didn't felt threatened by the Jungle at all. - combat: I know they reduced combat but imo it was too much reduction. I wouldn't had mind to encounter 2- 4 human enemies here and there and definitely more animal encounters. The first would have been a good place to use hanging enemies up by tree branches. - no enemies in tombs and cryptas - while the underwater sections where pretty and fun; especially when Piranhas were around it wasn't very challenging because I always had enough air. - I was missing a manual control for the flashlight - traps! I only died by one. They are too easy to see, especially if you walk instead of run. - The boss fight. I miss big epic boss battles where you have to learn their mechanics. Destroy/hit some sore spot, evade attacks, go for a boss hit that shortens the Boss life bar (that we can actually see) than repeat until we get to phase two. some random thoughts and suggestions: - I'd prefer to unlock instead of buying some weapons or weapon upgrades, outfits and other extras like hairstyle (Yes the braid), sunglasses, a hat (like I was really envious about Isabella's hat that would have worked perfectly with the adventurer outfit) and colors to dye some outfit parts. I want to be really rewarded by climbing up or down a hard to find cave or some secret passage. Or the church tower in San Juan. Or some underwater section. As of now Shadow is imo the best in this reboot series. And that's it I enjoyed the game and give it 8 out of 10 points.… Expand
Sep 24, 2018This is both a good and terrible franchise. It's good in terms of graphics and sound. But the puzzles are more irritating and action seemsThis is both a good and terrible franchise. It's good in terms of graphics and sound. But the puzzles are more irritating and action seems less than the last two entries. Plus, it seems a bit cut scene heavy for what it is supposed to be.… Expand
Nov 27, 2018Um bom jogo, mas entediante. Tem gráficos bonitos, mas um péssimo sistema de evolução e batalha, quanto a exploração, não foi tudo isso que euUm bom jogo, mas entediante. Tem gráficos bonitos, mas um péssimo sistema de evolução e batalha, quanto a exploração, não foi tudo isso que eu imaginava. Venderam que seria um jogo muito maior, mas senti que foi menor e mais raso do que o jogo anterior.… Expand
Sep 24, 2018me he creado una cuenta solo para experesar lo basura que es este juego y como defeca en la inteligencia de cualquierea que ose seiquierame he creado una cuenta solo para experesar lo basura que es este juego y como defeca en la inteligencia de cualquierea que ose seiquiera mirar un burdo gameplay mal hecho… Expand