5.0

1. May 10, 2019
    Gorgeous pixel art, quick-paced missions with loads of satire and impressive scope make this game a real joy to play. Think Smash TV and early GTA gameplay and humor with property/business management. A+ fun. I haven't bought many indies but was sold on the retro appeal by a trailer on the official PS Blog. Glad I bought it. I wish more indies would go with colorful SNES/32-bit pixelGorgeous pixel art, quick-paced missions with loads of satire and impressive scope make this game a real joy to play. Think Smash TV and early GTA gameplay and humor with property/business management. A+ fun. I haven't bought many indies but was sold on the retro appeal by a trailer on the official PS Blog. Glad I bought it. I wish more indies would go with colorful SNES/32-bit pixel art. It scratched that nostalgia itch better than an actual old game, because of the novelty of the gameplay and humor of the story. Highly recommended. Expand
  2. Nov 4, 2019
    Probably one of the best GTA clones of all time! The 16-bit-ish open world of Shakedown Hawaii includes a huge amount of memorable weapons, a decently funny story and an amazing chip-tune soundtrack as well. I also enjoy the various destruction mechanics the game lets you mess around with.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. May 31, 2019
    Shakedown: Hawaii offers a wonderful cavalcade of carnage down in paradise. The place is inviting, but may lose its appeal for some after the jokes and violence get old.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    May 28, 2019
    It’s neither long nor difficult, but that’s a large part of the appeal. Breeze through this with a smile on your face and murder in your heart. [Issue#163, p.97]
  3. May 24, 2019
    A decent follow-up to Retro City Rampage, Shakedown Hawaii manages to succeed thanks to its unique visual style and arcady action gameplay. It gets a bit repetitive after a while, but don't let that stop you.