7.4

1. Jan 12, 2018
    I was bored of the same-old, same-old in the video game world. I then bought a PSVR when the price dropped and bought Sparc shortly after. This game is extremely fun and addictive and you get a great workout at the same time. Sparc is very immersive and you will often forget you where you really are while playing the game. The learning curve is short and the better you get the more funI was bored of the same-old, same-old in the video game world. I then bought a PSVR when the price dropped and bought Sparc shortly after. This game is extremely fun and addictive and you get a great workout at the same time. Sparc is very immersive and you will often forget you where you really are while playing the game. The learning curve is short and the better you get the more fun you will have. Warning: you will sweat alot while play this game, so bring a towel and water to the court. I never write reviews, but I didn't think this game was getting the attention it deserves, so here I am. I think the problem is that this is a game you will actually need to play in order to understand how much fun it is. Watching the game played from the outside just doesn't convey the excitement. Buy this game you won't be disappointed and if you see DW817 on the Sparc courts, say hi! Expand
  2. Feb 28, 2018
    Sparc is a true V-sport. The closest thing to Sparc that I have played is squash. Make sure you have space and this can be a game you return to for years. The other reviewers are right about the community being pretty experienced, but I have also found them very helpful and willing to teach techniques. See you on the court!
  3. Sep 1, 2017
    By far the best fun I've had to date on PSVR. Really competitive and genuinely feels like your skill level matters rather than just random throws. CCP appear to have sorted any tracking issues and it plays so smoothly. The full body VR immersion is incredible, the mirror when you're choosing your character's skins is a wonderful touch. Whether your into sports or not this is a brilliantBy far the best fun I've had to date on PSVR. Really competitive and genuinely feels like your skill level matters rather than just random throws. CCP appear to have sorted any tracking issues and it plays so smoothly. The full body VR immersion is incredible, the mirror when you're choosing your character's skins is a wonderful touch. Whether your into sports or not this is a brilliant game for getting the blood flowing, everyone I've spoken to in the game say the same thing, sore arms and legs at work the next day but totally worth it.

Only thing it's currently lacking is a tournament mode and perhaps so more in depth stats, at the minute the only stats you get are after each individual game rather than overall but it's such a minor thing that it can't detract from the game play. Seriously well done CCP.
  4. Sep 20, 2017
    At first I thought SPARC was fun while everyone was figuring it out when it was first released. Now all I usually find are elite players in the beginners room and I end up rage quitting after one round. A ranking system that prevents elite players in the beginners room, more than one play area per room, and maybe an AI opponent would make this a better package. As is, it's not worthAt first I thought SPARC was fun while everyone was figuring it out when it was first released. Now all I usually find are elite players in the beginners room and I end up rage quitting after one round. A ranking system that prevents elite players in the beginners room, more than one play area per room, and maybe an AI opponent would make this a better package. As is, it's not worth getting your butt kicked by the elites players almost every single time. Expand
  5. Apr 27, 2018
    Complex and fun, this isnt a game you will be good at in the first couple hours but with time and patience could easily be the psvr game you spend the most time with. I would call this the rocket league of VR in that regard. Tons of customization, rewarding learning curve, and great tutorials only issue I would say is the larger play space required and lack of matches against AI opponentsComplex and fun, this isnt a game you will be good at in the first couple hours but with time and patience could easily be the psvr game you spend the most time with. I would call this the rocket league of VR in that regard. Tons of customization, rewarding learning curve, and great tutorials only issue I would say is the larger play space required and lack of matches against AI opponents for offline (yes this game is basically online only) Kinda lags if you have a poor connection but this shouldnt be an issue for most and the visuals are top notch. Watch some videos if you need but I would say this is a must own for psvr.

Pros - Stunning Visuals, complex fun gameplay, no motion sickness, perfect controls.

Cons - no single player beyond tutorial and challenges, no match making system so you will likely lose a lot in the first week.

6. Jun 5, 2018
    Bought this game and right after the developer said they are quitting VR. Playing elite players in the beginner room makes it tough to enjoy when there are funner VR experiences I can be doing instead. I do wish they made a single player VS AI type of tournament to help build some skills. Being able to watch others play while you wait for next game is a very cool feature. The game itselfBought this game and right after the developer said they are quitting VR. Playing elite players in the beginner room makes it tough to enjoy when there are funner VR experiences I can be doing instead. I do wish they made a single player VS AI type of tournament to help build some skills. Being able to watch others play while you wait for next game is a very cool feature. The game itself is also very cool but I just wish there was more you could do with it. Expand
  7. Feb 5, 2019
    Difficult to rate this one as it might be decent if there was a community playing it and perhaps there is but I picked this up a few months after release and there was no one playing it. So I would avoid unless you have someone else that you are going to play with.
  8. Sep 30, 2018
    Sparc é um dos melhores jogos disponíveis para o psvr, num tipo de jogo muito próprio. As partidas são sempre 1vs1 com 3 tipos de regras e rapidamente me habituei a forma como as partidas funcionavam. Cada partida é cheia de ação o que faz o tempo passar depressa. Há alguma dificuldade em encontrar servidor e às vezes podes demorar alguns minutos a encontrar partida. Os gráficos cumprem eSparc é um dos melhores jogos disponíveis para o psvr, num tipo de jogo muito próprio. As partidas são sempre 1vs1 com 3 tipos de regras e rapidamente me habituei a forma como as partidas funcionavam. Cada partida é cheia de ação o que faz o tempo passar depressa. Há alguma dificuldade em encontrar servidor e às vezes podes demorar alguns minutos a encontrar partida. Os gráficos cumprem e não apresentam serrilhados. Vale muito a pena principalmente em promoção. Expand
  9. Jan 26, 2023
    Alright game but probably would need to market more to get more attention for sure

Mixed or average reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 6, 2018
    Sparc is an action-packed VR title that sadly lacks in some departments. While the gameplay itself works well, there is a lack of variety and content. There is no singleplayer and you only got three modes to work with.
  2. Jan 23, 2018
    While the idea of starting a whole new sport may seem a little ambitious, Sparc‘s developers have pulled it off effectively. I don’t know if it will catch on, or how widely it will spread, but it establishes everything that it needs to. It’s easy to start, it tests reflexes aggressively, and at the end of a few matches, everyone will feel like they had a good workout. Really, what more does a sport need?
  3. Jan 16, 2018
    If you’re not particularly physically active or dislike playing one on one matches against real life opponents, then it’s probably wise to give SPARC a miss, as the single player options are admittedly lacking. For everybody else though, I’d recommend strapping on a shield and diving into the fray, as the community, mechanics and gameplay are all top tier and have the potential to suck in even those who are notoriously adverse to organised sports… I’m living proof of that.