8.1

1. Jan 2, 2019
    This game has an amazing production design with gorgeous visuals. The gameplay seems to work at first when playing a bunch of levels. The problem for me was that I realized that every level throughout the whole trilogy basically had the same goals which became extremely repetitive and boring to me and i didn't have motivation to keep playing. The gameplay was a little too simplisticThis game has an amazing production design with gorgeous visuals. The gameplay seems to work at first when playing a bunch of levels. The problem for me was that I realized that every level throughout the whole trilogy basically had the same goals which became extremely repetitive and boring to me and i didn't have motivation to keep playing. The gameplay was a little too simplistic also. Great game for kids though. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2018
    most of the game is just as i remember it, gameplay is great the new grafik is good, the music is pretty much the same as the old ps1 game. but in terms of sound from the props, (enemies, crates sheep/frogs etc.) it is worse then the old one (to put it kindly). and to be honest that is abit disappointing, since that (in truth) is also part of the good in the game.
  3. Nov 13, 2018
    If you were a fan of Spyro games this is for you. If haven't played Spyro before but love old "collectathon games" this is for you. However, don't buy it now, wait a few weeks before they fix the motion blur. Yes as the game is now it's not really playable until we get an option to turn of the motion blur. I'm not exaggerating when I say I have never seen such extreme motion blur in a game before.
  4. Nov 15, 2018
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy is only about average because it's controls, changed sensitivity, altered hitboxes and extra invisible walls among other things make the game unfriendly for people who originally played the trilogy back in the late 90's, or who have gotten familiar with it since then. In fact I'd say the more you know the original's, the more you are going to run into problems here.Spyro Reignited Trilogy is only about average because it's controls, changed sensitivity, altered hitboxes and extra invisible walls among other things make the game unfriendly for people who originally played the trilogy back in the late 90's, or who have gotten familiar with it since then. In fact I'd say the more you know the original's, the more you are going to run into problems here. It's one thing to make a game more modern, it's another thing entirely to alter so many little things about it that the entire experience is unfamiliar to it's original fanbase, and that's what this game is. It's sad, and insulting to old fans. Expand
  5. Dec 1, 2018
    I'm loving this game. Such a nostalgia trip from my childhood. The other reason why I love this game is is just simply it's such a great game to just sit and relax with.

If you've never heard of Spyro, you play as a small purple dragon who can fly, has a fire breathing ability, and can sprint or charge to take out stronger enemies. Using these deadly abilities Spyro is tasked with freeing other dragons who were frozen by a certain bad guy named Nasty Nark. You go to different themed worlds taking out baddies, collecting gems, and finding keys to unlock locked chests.

The new graphics, courtesy of Unreal Engine, are gorgeous, now only are the graphics very nice looking, smaller details have been added. While the graphics are great, it would be nice to be able to switch between the PS1 graphics and these new updated graphics a la "Halo: Master Chief Collection". Another annoyance that I've found that I would like updated is better control of Spyro's charge, it just feels so sluggish. The rest of the gameplay is very fun.

So why is this a 7 rating game? Because Activision decided to have only one disc, but they put the vast majority of the games in a download. The download itself is huge, it's like 40+ gbs. So with such a huge download, why even have a physical disk? The ENTIRE reason for me to buy physical editions is I DON'T have to download the game itself and have more than a good amount of my hard drive space used up.

So with all of this said, the game is very fun. If you like the collecting items RPG game without the RPG, you'll really enjoy this.

Very fun, very recommended, but Activision "dun screwed up" and made it have a huge download that takes up so much space on my ps4. 9 rating without the huge download.

Edit:
    I'm taking 2 stars off my review now simply because of the just the absolute "controlling throwing through the window" flights. Just incredibly frustrating, annoying, and not fun at all to play. Hit targets not blowingup , too tight corners causing you to crash, incredibly poorly designed levels force to replay more than 10, 15 times JUST to figure out what the order of enemies to kill is and that's not even including all the times you missed a target and have to restart or crashed and have to restart.

I'm not for re-doing levels from the original but something has to be done about not just the flight levels, but "Tree Tops" as well. This is a family casual game, not some hardcore AAA game.

I'm also disappointed in the very lackluster ending to S1. Boss fight felt underwhelming as well as the ending as a whole.
  6. Nov 20, 2018
    I loved this trilogy when I was a kid, and for the most part the devs did a good job bringing it to 2018. Game looks great for the most part. It's kind of how I imagined it would look when I was a kid. It doesn't exactly capture the magical feel of the first game, but I don't think that would be possible anyways. Year of the Dragon is buggy at parts, and it's the weakest of the trilogy inI loved this trilogy when I was a kid, and for the most part the devs did a good job bringing it to 2018. Game looks great for the most part. It's kind of how I imagined it would look when I was a kid. It doesn't exactly capture the magical feel of the first game, but I don't think that would be possible anyways. Year of the Dragon is buggy at parts, and it's the weakest of the trilogy in my opinion. The score is actually pretty good, and the option to revert back to the original score is nice. The reason why I don't give it a higher score is because it made me realize that the games aren't as good as I remember. But if you're a fan of the originals, this will generally be a pleasant experience for you and Toys For Bob handled Spyro and his friends very well. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2018
    I'll give it points for gameplay, only because the original game already had good gameplay. The amount of game breaking bugs in this game is inexcusable. The amount of people blindly giving it 10/10 "because Spyro" are basically rewarding a dog for bad behavior.

Pros; -Same gameplay as the PS1 games Cons; -Massive game breaking bugs -Poor performance -A lot of common

Pros;

-Same gameplay as the PS1 games

Cons;

-Massive game breaking bugs
    -Poor performance
    -A lot of common graphical glitches
    -No attempt to compress the game to fit on disc
    -Disc literally requires 40GB download the play the whole game
  8. Dec 7, 2018
    Buen juego, divertido y precioso. De esos a los que muchos jugamos en la época de la PS1 y consiguió que nos enamorásemos de los videojuegos. El punto negativo son las políticas abusivas que trae implícito. Tener que descargar 2 de los tres juegos online es una salvajada.
  9. Aug 9, 2019
    not having played these games as a kid, I really looked forward to this remaster when it was announced. but since I didn't play them back in the day, I don't have the same nostalgic feelings, so it quickly got a bit repetetive basically doing the same thing over and over.

the graphics for the most part look really great, like a DisneyPixar movie or something, but that novelty quite rapidly wears off unfortunately.

the games are fun, don't get me wrong, but without nostalgia-glasses on, one has to admit the gameplay is a bit dated, better suited in the time platformer/adventure games like these were fresh and new - in the late 90's.

if you played them as a kid, I bet these will be really fun again with that fresh coat of paint, or if you have smaller children, they'll probably also love the games.
  10. Feb 18, 2019
    Reignited? Well more like refurbished by a cheaper carpenter.

To put this review in perspective i have to share that i played the original games on Playstation One (Spyro 1&2) so my idea of what's great about this game is also based on what it used to be. So here we go. I have to say i'm dissappointed by this "Remaster" as i feel all the good parts have been replaced by cheap assets.
    Reignited? Well more like refurbished by a cheaper carpenter.

I have to say i'm dissappointed by this "Remaster" as i feel all the good parts have been replaced by cheap assets. I'm talking about the music, sounds and character voices. All used to be very funny yet serious enough to be gripped. Toys for Bob decided to remove it all (except for the original music, that's still optionally available) and replace it with boring almost unhearable crap. The characters now look and sound as if they were ripped out of a lazy kids show.

And what's even more surprising is that they didn't fix any of the original problems! The camera is still a wrestling match to properly use, and somehow gems are now harder to pick up.

After playing for ten hours i realised all that was done was a new paintjob for a quick buck. I can still enjoy the game as it's core gameplay is still intact, but it's sad to see a lesser version of a game i used to treasure.

I give this game a 7/10.
  11. Jan 31, 2019
    I was really excited for this game sense the announcement' i was looking at concept art and small gameplay clips. And 7 mouths later with a delay i got my hands on the game and over all the game is amazing and just as good as i remember but rough round the edges. My favorite in this remade trilogy is Spyro 1. Spyro 2 i prefere the original being my favorite in the original trilogy. Spyro 3I was really excited for this game sense the announcement' i was looking at concept art and small gameplay clips. And 7 mouths later with a delay i got my hands on the game and over all the game is amazing and just as good as i remember but rough round the edges. My favorite in this remade trilogy is Spyro 1. Spyro 2 i prefere the original being my favorite in the original trilogy. Spyro 3 was not made by Toys For Bob (The people who remade 1 and 2) instead made by Sanzaru Games who made games like Sly 4 etc. Anyway over all Spyro 3 is just as all-right as i remember it being' its okay. So this trilogy good. Just good' over all. Expand

1. Mar 5, 2019
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy is maybe the greatest celebration of a classic - ever! Gameplay still holds up, graphics are beyond gorgeous and nostalgia hits you hard, yet it feels like a first time experience. Unlike some old-school odysseys that promise warm nostalgia, reignited trilogy delivers burning hot blast from the past - for the future!
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2019
    Reignited Trilogy looks like a Pixar movie and proves that while many other genres have changed significantly over the last 20 years, the recipe for an enjoyable platformer stayed the same, at least in many aspects. Of course nowadays people expect more from any game and Spyro does feel archaic but its wise design stood the test of time, especially if you look at the remake through the eyes of a child (either literally or metaphorically). [01/2019, p.50]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    An excellent choice for the upcoming Christmas holiday in the family circle. Spyro is a playful and appealing rebel who will be loved by old fans and their children as well. [Issue#291]