7.7

1. Nov 15, 2019
    There are two major flaws that I have found with this game that are absolutely infuriating. The first is the hopeless platforming where constantly the character decides to miss the platform or rope and fall to his death. No matter how close to the target I am. Secondly the combat is infuriating due to the near inability to time blocking against multiple enemies as stamina runs out way toThere are two major flaws that I have found with this game that are absolutely infuriating. The first is the hopeless platforming where constantly the character decides to miss the platform or rope and fall to his death. No matter how close to the target I am. Secondly the combat is infuriating due to the near inability to time blocking against multiple enemies as stamina runs out way to quickly even against two enemies. It is near impossible to be able to time this on the higher difficulties. Story however is good just gameplay frustrations. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2019
    "Uncharted 5: Jedi shenanigans". It's an Uncharted game in a Star Wars universe, bolted on the over played Souls-like combat and mediation areas (bonfires). This game offers nothing new for video game fans. It's one redeeming feature is the Star Wars story but it's not enough to pull the game together..b
    Finally, the load times are ridiculous, in a PS4 Pro, loaded on to an SSD and still waiting well over a minute for a respawn.
  3. Nov 16, 2019
    The controls and gameplay animations are clunky and infuriating. Anything to do with traversal is horrendous - trying to grab vines, running on walls, grabbing ledges is not fluid and breaks the pace of the game. In some parts seems like the character just misses an obvious ledge or rope resulting in death and loss of health.

The meditation / health mechanic is irritating and also

The meditation / health mechanic is irritating and also breaks the pace of the game. I wish they had just stuck to a traditional health replenishment system. eg. just find or craft health 'stims' as you go around the game instead of revisiting meditation points which resets enemies, resulting in you having to re-kill them all.

You'll like this game more if you are into the animated Star Wars TV shows - the aliens, creatures and motion in this game feel cartoony and exaggerated to me. Understand the stylised approach from a technical perspective but feels too much.

A few design decisions are a bit out of place in my opinion - like having huge, portly aliens dressed in imperial guard uniforms with no shoes. But I guess if you are accustomed to things like the Clone Wars animated show you wont find this strange.

They've mixed in some Uncharted-esque tomb raiding levels but without the same fluid traversal as something like Uncharted 4 these segments are aggravating to play. You just want them to be over asap.

You spend most of your time fighting seriously overpowered fauna that appear from literally nowhere and get stuck in 'boss fights' with 'Tolkien' type creatures. I don't want to spend my time fighting Orcs and ogres in a SW game to be honest, I'd prefer more one-on-one / group lightsaber battles.

When you do get to fight a group of troopers, fighting multiple enemies can be a bit of a nightmare. You can only really focus on one at a time and that seems to leave you exposed to blaster fire from other troopers quite easily. Constantly evading and not being able to transition smoothly back into attack mode because there's either clunkiness in controls or animations.

Kind of disappointed overall but appreciate the effort to make a single player SW game. When you can figure out a rhythm and obtain more skills in the skill tree, the lightsaber gameplay gets better. I just wish they'd focused more on that overall and less on puzzles and alien fights.
  4. Nov 15, 2019
    The force is strong with this one! Jedi Fallen Order respects and enriches the Star Wars lore with an engaging story and great characterizations. Gameplay and level design effectively blends aspects of Tomb Raider, Sekiro, God of War, and Uncharted with that Respawn flare we've come to know with Titanfall 2-- btw if you Haven't played Titanfall 2, it's one of the most fun FPS campaignsThe force is strong with this one! Jedi Fallen Order respects and enriches the Star Wars lore with an engaging story and great characterizations. Gameplay and level design effectively blends aspects of Tomb Raider, Sekiro, God of War, and Uncharted with that Respawn flare we've come to know with Titanfall 2-- btw if you Haven't played Titanfall 2, it's one of the most fun FPS campaigns that's criminally overlooked. And bonus there's fan service customization for your lightsaber, clothes, and more. I was nervous going in knowing EA's history and was afraid if they would 'Visceral Games' Respawn, but happy and relieved to say that EA with no strings attached fully supported Respawn to deliver one of Star Wars' strongest entries yet and a 2019 sleeper hit. Loads of fun! Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2019
    Too much platforming without reason , movement is awkward and combat repetitive. Its a jump simulator with backtracking.

Good history and characters and thats about it. Dont buy it for the gameplay.
    EA set the bar so low after all the bad games that people are giving 10's for a below average game. Good job EA
  6. Dec 1, 2019
    Preface:
    1) I enjoy watching star wars movies, but would not consider myself a fan of star wars franchise.
    2) I like playing video games for their stories, that also have fluid and intuitive game mechanics. I give this game a 6/10. The good: The story telling and graphics are great, although the graphics can get choppy at times. The bad: The game controls and map design.
    Preface:

I give this game a 6/10.

The good:

The bad:
    The game controls and map design.

The game controls are not great. I find myself constantly frustrated with where my character jumps/walks, and where I intended them to jump/walk. In terms of fighting, I felt like the developers tried making the fighting mechanics like in the God of War game, but FAILED. Since the lightsaber is your only weapon (like the axe or chains in GoW), the feel of your weapon in the fights should feel fluid, but they don't. Your constantly finding yourself swinging at the air only to be sideswipped by some spitting spider or some other creature.

I also do not like how the game locks you out of certain areas of the map based on your abilities, it is not intuitive to the game player. In the game you have to learn new abilities (i.e. wall jump, use force push/pull, etc) to enter areas. I found myself extremely frustrated trying to access areas that I could see, only to find out that I couldn't push down a bridge somewhere totally else on the map because I didn't learn the force push yet.

Also I do not know of any other games with this type of 3D map layout, but it is confusing and not very well designed. However I'm guessing the developers designed it the way they did because the maps are all multi-verticle with several stories on each map? IDK but I also found it not to be very intuitive.
  7. Nov 30, 2019
    This is no doubt a fun game if you want to scratch that Star Wars singleplayer game itch you probably have had awhile. The story is decent, the combat is very challenging, and has just enough tropes included to recognize this as a Star Wars game. But there are 3 major negative points (hence the 7 score) which makes this game fall short of being the SW singleplayer game I always wishedThis is no doubt a fun game if you want to scratch that Star Wars singleplayer game itch you probably have had awhile. The story is decent, the combat is very challenging, and has just enough tropes included to recognize this as a Star Wars game. But there are 3 major negative points (hence the 7 score) which makes this game fall short of being the SW singleplayer game I always wished for. First, the load time on the PS4 version I played is horrendous. It takes at least 30 seconds to reload from any last checkpoint; unbearable for a game where you will die alot. Second, there are no space battles in the game. What is Star Wars without space battles? And third, the customization is lackluster and as basic as it gets. There is nothing remarkable about the ponchos or the lightsaber options. It would have been nice if they had each lightsaber part have a unique perk. And another minor gripe is that the platforming and combat with creatures is a bit too much for a SW game. But, it was a still a fun game to play over my holiday break. Expand
  8. Jan 7, 2020
    Overall a decent star wars game but there's more wrong then right in it. Found some of the graphics to be a little sloppy but the story and cut scenes are kinda ok. Feels like "good enough" is what they we're aiming for. I enjoyed the open map although i lost interest real fast in exploring once i realised 95% of it gets you useless cosmetic crap that doesn't up anything skill wise. TheOverall a decent star wars game but there's more wrong then right in it. Found some of the graphics to be a little sloppy but the story and cut scenes are kinda ok. Feels like "good enough" is what they we're aiming for. I enjoyed the open map although i lost interest real fast in exploring once i realised 95% of it gets you useless cosmetic crap that doesn't up anything skill wise. The fighting aspect was the real disappointment. Kinda halfway between a hack and slash and a precise fighting game it just kind of came out **** Can't figure out the parrying timing to savemy life and when i manage to do it i get knocked back while the opponent follows through with his attack yet somehow they seem to very easily block my attacks. And i don't understand for the life of me why it would take 4 hits with a LIGHTSABER to kill a godamn rat. If nothing else at least playing this game helps you understand how the Jedi were so easily decimated! Expand
  9. Apr 21, 2020
    Boring and glitchy platformer. Played for 3 hours and uninstalled. Completely fails at combat scenes.
  10. Jan 6, 2020
    A decent Star Wars but a mediocre game. Its clear as day how unfamiliar the devs are with good level design and basic mechanics. The game by NO MEANS HAS "DARK SOULS INSPIRED COMBAT"! Anyone who says that, is either mentally challenged or payed. The combat is clunky, basic and unbalanced, but the exploration is and traversal are good. Pick it up if you find it on sale or preowned
  11. Dec 13, 2019
    Buggy, garbage enemy AI. Dudes will just walk away from combat. Combat is wonky AF- timing for a parry is very random, no fast travel, have to backtrack to previously explored planets multiple times. Story is weak and unfocused. Final boss is an absolute pain with cheap moves that will make you want to throw your controller. And basically every move you unlock is useless.
  12. Dec 18, 2019
    Summary: Rogue One with Jedi.

The Good:

- interesting characters and a very good story
    - great puzzles
    - good cameos

The bad:

- loading times, loading times, still loading times (even after "updates")
    - terrible clunky controls
    - graphics weren't as amazing as all the hype
  13. Dec 1, 2019
    Star wars fans are like sonic fans. Abused and focused on when things were really good. So when any half decent game comes along it's hailed like the coming of the messiah. So yeah, this is the best star wars game put out by disney since their ownership of the franchise, but with the battlefront and mobile games to compare to, that aint sayin much. We got aight combat with some fun assStar wars fans are like sonic fans. Abused and focused on when things were really good. So when any half decent game comes along it's hailed like the coming of the messiah. So yeah, this is the best star wars game put out by disney since their ownership of the franchise, but with the battlefront and mobile games to compare to, that aint sayin much. We got aight combat with some fun ass platforming and level exploration. But damn this game is buggy and has no progression except for pain reskins. Out of the over 100 chests in the game only 8 have things that are not cosmetics. There are certain portions that are just ruined by buggy game play and braindead AI. Expand
  14. Dec 6, 2019
    Way overrated because of Star Wars fans. This was clearly a copy-cat of various other games but of course in an extremely bad quality. This was clearly a fast money grab by capitalizing on an established fandom, do not waste your money on trash like this.
  15. Nov 30, 2019
    The game isn't really bad, but it's not good either. There is just so much potential which is not used. The love is missing. Not enough details, ... It didn't really feel like a finished work.

+ The droid + nice levels ++ great soundtrack + The riddles are alright + they did a single player game without micro transactions - the story is absolutely linear and stupid. I didn't

+ The droid
    + nice levels
    ++ great soundtrack
    + The riddles are alright
    + they did a single player game without micro transactions

- the story is absolutely linear and stupid. I didn't really know what I was doing during the game
    - the characters are thin and nothing special
    - it wasn't really a star wars game to me. at one point you fight zombies... cmon
    -- the fighting doesn't feel real. Just repetitive and boring. why didn't the creators have a look at the force unleashed or god of war
    - the enemies are a pain in the a**
    - wall running simulator
  16. Nov 17, 2019
    Good star wars game, but the bugs and glitch were really frustrating and the combat sistem is not as polished as game like sekiro, the plot was promising but never really exploded, the ending is anticlimactic, and the entireplot look like a prologue to something that never came, we probably had to wait for Jedi falle order 2
  17. Dec 30, 2019
    A Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is doing its best to show big papa EA that Respawn Studios are eligible to create single player experiences without having tons of loot boxes and microtransactions - ultimately however, they fail in my opinion. With a story and gameplay beginning that starts off bombastic and interesting it quickly simmer’s down that as you’re getting familiar to the clunkyA Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is doing its best to show big papa EA that Respawn Studios are eligible to create single player experiences without having tons of loot boxes and microtransactions - ultimately however, they fail in my opinion. With a story and gameplay beginning that starts off bombastic and interesting it quickly simmer’s down that as you’re getting familiar to the clunky controls and uninspired speck of enemies. Every platform jump is shaky at best with plenty of instances where sudden loss of control of your character happens. Luckily enough you just get put back into place with a sliver of health lost and can get back into it quickly - just to try the goddamn ice-slide again to randomly sway away from the point you’re trying to get to... The combat and controls in battle are yet again clunky, unintuitive and sometimes down right stupid. You’ll be having multiple targets attacking you at once trying to parry something just to have the game completely disregard the parry command and depleting your stamina meter faster than you’ll see a hidden blaster shoot you in the back. It’s like Sekiro had a fat, westerner uncle that wanted to join in on the fun but didn’t take the time to learn anything before hand. Dodging is... Dodgy at times with a tiny side step or awkward roll that’s not fast enough to recover before most opponents starts whacking you with **** again. Force skills are weird and uses way too much of your meter for the usage coupled with annoying applications. If I were to slow most opponents in the game and try to move into a advantageous position behind the enemy they literally spin around with you in the same speed and sometimes in their attacking animation just slowing down the inevitable. Animations are janky and very unpolished, take the running animation that spazzes out constantly together with plenty of instances where it almost looked like I started T-posing because I got stuck in random terrain.

In all fairness it is a game, a game that tries its best with what it’s got. I’m just feeling that there either wasn’t enough time, budget or back up from EA to help make this the amazing title it could’ve been. A Star Wars hotpot dish with a few ingredients that just didn’t match the picture on the menu!
  18. Dec 20, 2019
    This game is a huge dissapointment on most levels. It's only challenge is that it's frustrating and tedious and not an actual challenge to a players skill at all. You never feel like a Jedi. Rubber bat lightsaber battles and stupid rats and spiders. Horrible sliding parts where you whack walls and fall missing ropes etc. Super safe and boring story per the Disney checklist as to not offendThis game is a huge dissapointment on most levels. It's only challenge is that it's frustrating and tedious and not an actual challenge to a players skill at all. You never feel like a Jedi. Rubber bat lightsaber battles and stupid rats and spiders. Horrible sliding parts where you whack walls and fall missing ropes etc. Super safe and boring story per the Disney checklist as to not offend any whacko group god forbid. Results in a dead story with characters you could care less about. Dodging and parry is so bad it's like a great souls game farted this stink bomb cash grab out. I don't understand how this is getting 10's that's insane. This game has no heart and soul at all. You make no light and dark choices and you backtrack for ponchos. PONCHOS! I should have expected this continuation of mediocrity from the newest movies and in that they did not dissapoint. Star Wars is truly dead and no amount of fake positive reviews will change that. The corporate EMPIRE won and still takes your money and clouds your judgement. Expand
  19. Jan 6, 2020
    The game looked great, it had good reviews, exciting trailers, and they said it had good gameplay.
    All of that is not true when you actually play the game. The story is boring, the characters are NOT onions, they have no layers. and the gameplay, oh god. movement is clunky, the controls are bad, and most parts of a planet are incredibly boring. This game is more uncharted than star wars, because 75% of the time you're doing puzzles or doing platforming sections. This game is a platformer, not an action adventure game. If you want a difficult yet fun experience, play sekiro or the soulsborne games, not this piece of garbage.

I was excited to see a new singleplayer star wars adventure, but it really disappoints.
  20. Dec 6, 2019
    This game just makes you muck around doing arbitrary tasks and has a really lame story line. Half the game is just a series of frustrating stupid puzzles, that involves you seeing what you can and can not climb. Half the time you die because something that looks climbable isn't, so you plunge to your death instead. I am so disappointed I am taking this game back in the hope they don't everThis game just makes you muck around doing arbitrary tasks and has a really lame story line. Half the game is just a series of frustrating stupid puzzles, that involves you seeing what you can and can not climb. Half the time you die because something that looks climbable isn't, so you plunge to your death instead. I am so disappointed I am taking this game back in the hope they don't ever make another one like it. Expand
  21. Jan 4, 2020
    Its just a recycle of Darksouls & Uncharted gameplay in a Star Wars reskin. All of that already seen before. I also experienced some framerate drops.
  22. Nov 22, 2019
    What a terrible terrible Dark Souls clone. Dear devs all over the globe, please don't do another one of these if you don't even have a clue what makes the Dark Souls series great to begin with. Thanks!

I'd say, about 80% of the enemies here are so annoying to deal with. And the controls, while functional for the most part, fails during hectic critical situations. Dodging is so terribly weak, you can't even escape most of the attacks.

And the writing. I know sticking to what people like is a save bet for success these days, but it's ass! How about you show some ambitions and come up with something we haven't seen or heard before since the last 20 years??? But I guess I shouldn't complain, because this is a video game, and who cares about the writing in a video game right? RIGHT???
  23. Nov 17, 2019
    The game's not bad, but not anywhere near God of War material either.

The first good and sometimes great thing is that the level art is beautiful with visually vast open areas - as expected from a space adventure game from the Star Wars franchise. The level design itself (I'm referring to how the pathways and progression is made in the levels) is not that great. Usually in these kind
    The game's not bad, but not anywhere near God of War material either.

The level design itself (I'm referring to how the pathways and progression is made in the levels) is not that great. Usually in these kind of semi-linear games you have a relatively obvious path to main story progression, and then secondary paths to other objectives (loot, achievement, collectibles etc.), but in this game you don't really know where you're heading and therefore unsure of if you're about to leave the local area or not. You also open shortcuts throughout the progression of the levels (like the Souls-games) but there is no transportation feature between the different parts of the levels except manually walking. This get's hugely frustrating when the game has a lot of intricate paths to different places and you often have to backtrack through the levels several times.

Secondly, the loot is very uninteresting, since it's all cosmetics and not anything related to stats or combat. You can find lore related things though, which are fairly interesting, but generally not as interesting as they could be, given that it is the Star Wars universe and that there's a lot of lore to potentially play around with.

The gameplay is okey. Combat has it's moments but it's just not as refined as games great contenders (mainly GoW/Souls-games) since it's clunky and sometimes very unpredictable. Fighting multiple enemies can be a huge headache since you have to use hit-and-run tactics mostly. There is also very few weapons in the game or different fighting styles. This isn't a huge problem though, since the game is relatively short.

Story-wise the game is interesting enough to make you want to progress the game fully. But it doesn't really reach its potential in the end unfortunately.

All in all the game's not bad, it's worth a playthrough, specially if you like the Star Wars universe. It probably won't leave a lasting impression on you though. If you don't mind waiting, wait till it hits around 50 usd or below.
  24. Nov 24, 2019
    Jedi Fallen Order est une sorte de pot pourrie de tout ce qui se fait dans le JV d'actio/aventure de ces dernières années. Il s'appuie sur des graphismes et une ambiance sonore bien maîtrisées, une histoire canon qui plaira probablement aux fans, mais souffre de la comparaison avec les licences auxquelles il emprunte ses codes lorsque l'on évoque son Gameplay.

En plus de souffrir d'un

En plus de souffrir d'un syndrome bien connu du Triple A, c'est à dire un jeu techniquement pas fini, problèmes de collision très fréquents, physique douteuse(le perso ne semble jamais toucher le sol...), textures fades à ce rtains endroit et animations cassées(ça fait bcp pour un jeu vendu 70 euros). Pointons surtout de gros soucis de framerate sur console. Le jeu ne tenant pas les 30fps sur console clasique (!) et disposant d'un faux mode 60fps sur modèle pro (gageons que le 30fps soit au moins stable sur console pro.)

Pour ce qui est du gameplay, comme évoqué plus haut, le jeu est un mélange assez médiocre de Tomb Raider/Uncharted, avec des phases de plateformes pas franchement réussies, peu précises et assez répétitives. Phases qui seront couplées à des combats clairement inspirés de l'univers de From Software, et plus précisément de Sekiro et sa barre de posture. Pour ces derniers, encore une fois, le jeu propose une adaptation assez médiocre des jeux From Foftware, avec des combats imbuvables et ultra bordéliques dès qu'on dépasse 2 mob à gérer. Un personnage d'une lourdeur insupportable à déplacer, et des situations où l'on comprend clairement que Respawn ne maîtrise pas la virtuosité de la firme japonaise en terme de level design. Le plus pénible étant le disposition des mobs qui semble avoir été décidée de manière complètement anarchique.
    De plus, alors que les combats contre les humanoïde en versus peuvent s'avérer plaisants, la gestion du spacing et des parades contre la faune sauvage est encore une fois complètement ratée. Il est très difficile de lire les coups des bestioles sauvages dans le jeu, la gestion de l'espace est tellement catastrophique que combattre ces bestioles relève plus d'une punition que d'un moment de plaisir.

Reste le côté classe d'incarner un chevalier Jedi, de personaliser son sabre. Il faut tout de même saluer la tentative de Respawn de nous proposer un vrai RPG solo dans l'univers de Star Wars, de créer des situations divertissantes avec les pouvoirs de la force, mais le copie finale semble bien lacunaire.
    Si il fallait résumer; Jedi Fallen Order ressemble un peu à ce restaurant qui te proposerait une carte avec une centaine de plats mal préparés, au lieu de se concentrer sur une ou deux spécialités et de les réaliser avec brio.
  25. Jan 1, 2020
    Kind of astonished at how unprofessional it is. Rookie design flaws; performance issues; repetitive but somehow still confusing levels; pointless lightsabre upgrade system. Reddit is full of horror stories about it too so I know it's not just me having bad luck.

In summary a PS3 grade tomb raider knock off and worse still, incredibly boring and not even finished. Amazing that EA let them put it out like this.
  26. Nov 22, 2019
    Buggy mess and secondhand copy of Sekiro: Shadows Die twice, Uncharted and Dark Souls.
  27. Nov 20, 2019
    Game runs like absolute garbage on consoles. I crashed twice in less than 10 minutes. Level design is terrible, Uncharted and TR wipe the floor with these designers. Decent game if you are into the whole Star Wars storyline i guess.
  28. Dec 1, 2019
    I've been playing Jedi Fallen Order on PS4 Pro. The game and campaign are pretty solid and entertaining. However, the lack of optimization is dramatic. To much frape drops ahd bugs. Idk hope that Respawn fixes this with an update.
  29. Nov 18, 2019
    The story seems good, however I’m not a lore reading Star Wars fan. The gameplay is not so good, after 4 hours of game time the gameplay is more on the boring side. It’s a linear game with "puzzles" where you have to find out where to jump and climb to get to your goal. And an emphasis on the linear part here, the world feels very cramped up, much more than ex. Prince of Persia. The combatThe story seems good, however I’m not a lore reading Star Wars fan. The gameplay is not so good, after 4 hours of game time the gameplay is more on the boring side. It’s a linear game with "puzzles" where you have to find out where to jump and climb to get to your goal. And an emphasis on the linear part here, the world feels very cramped up, much more than ex. Prince of Persia. The combat tends to be repetitive, but you can do more fancy moves when you have more skill points, but sometimes just spamming the attack button and jumping around is more effective. The worst part is the respawn system in this game, its god damn aweful. If you get killed you have to redo a whole section of enemies. The respawn system just makes the game feel even more repetitive. Expand
  30. Jan 3, 2020
    It's star wars, so even if it is a souls clone with cringeworthy platforming, I guess it should get a 10/10? Not sure. But this game fails at what it tries to do very often -Too often in my opinion. The game gives you instructions on how to to play, but then breaks its own rules without warning. The battles are completely inconsistent, even when the same inputs are put in by the player.It's star wars, so even if it is a souls clone with cringeworthy platforming, I guess it should get a 10/10? Not sure. But this game fails at what it tries to do very often -Too often in my opinion. The game gives you instructions on how to to play, but then breaks its own rules without warning. The battles are completely inconsistent, even when the same inputs are put in by the player. The framerate on base ps4 is laughable at times, the entire game stopping to to load some sequences. There are just so many times more issues than a normal soulslike that it is impossible to list everything. The pacing of the bonfires is all over the place, the checkpoints completely random at times before bosses, a big no no in a soulslike. Give me checkpoints or dont! Dont tease me! This is such wasted potential. So many little things that should have been ironed out. The main thing is, this game is just not fun, and it should be. The whole time I'm just wondering how the game's inconsistency will kill me and piss me off. Expand
  31. Jan 3, 2020
    Not sure how this game has such a high review score. The controls are incredibly clunky and fighting is a laborious chore. When fighting multiple enemies it is almost impossible to not get hit due to the lengthy parry animation and much of the game is frustrating and tedious. Levels are unnecessarily long and convoluted to the point that finding your way back to the ship is a nightmare. INot sure how this game has such a high review score. The controls are incredibly clunky and fighting is a laborious chore. When fighting multiple enemies it is almost impossible to not get hit due to the lengthy parry animation and much of the game is frustrating and tedious. Levels are unnecessarily long and convoluted to the point that finding your way back to the ship is a nightmare. I think the worst thing about this game is the reload times, oh my god the reload times, after you die it takes about a minute to reload the game, bizarrely if you fall off a ledge the game reloads you instantly to the last safe ground but even if you are right next to a save point and die to an enemy yep go make a cup of tea because you have time to kill. In its defence the graphics are very good and the atmosphere within the game is great, lots of cosmetic items to kit yourself out with and it has a very "star wars" feel but this is not even close to enough to save this from being mediocre. Many people have likened this to dark souls in terms of fighting and feel, dont be misled this is a very poor imitation of a very poor game. Don't waste your money Expand
  32. Nov 16, 2019
    Hello. This isn't so much a review of the game (which is fine on all systems but best on pc), as a warning to all those relying on this site.

There has been a number of paid shill reviews from 'powers that be' with...wait for it... fake low scores. Yes that's right it is now a new marketing trick at my company (who is employed by others to promote and "influence" products), to 1) write fake positive reviews on all sites and social media but 2) to post fake bad reviews which are poorly written.

I'll explain. If you look over the RED negative reviews of 5 and under you will notice that not only are they short and poorly written but they have terrible grammar and spelling. They are intentionally bad. Too bad to be genuine with the intent to cause a reader who is unsure, to believe the RED reviews are written by idiots. This is a clever new trick to counter review bombing but review bombing is often a legitimate form of protest if a game is bad while this is a very sneaky practice I do not agree with.

The irony is the game is average to good but the powers that be (i cant name them for obvious reasons) are paying to ensure as many people are snared in the lie that its a 10 perfect game as possible. We should be seeing far more yellow average reviews but the tribal camp mentality has made it a yay or nay arena with the nay now being discredited. These practices are all about never ending escalation because the publishers declared war on their customers once Whales and addicts became a reliable form of alternative income.

So when looking at this games score...please bare in mind that many of the negative reviews are intentionally illiterate / illegitimate with a view to making you believe only the positive and make a purchase. But the good news is the game is average and fine to buy, though it has some severe tech issues right now on consoles.

I was not paid to write this but colleagues were paid to write some of the green and reds. This is the world we live in but there are sites which actually will help you spot the fake reviews. Just because I work for them does not mean I have to like it. May the force be with you :)
  33. Nov 15, 2019
    Not completed it yet.
    Decent game Very Hack and slash no real tactics to fighting offers very little more then what Battlefront 2 overs when using Jedi's/Villains. I was hoping for a little more tactics in combat but that's just me.
    Story seem decent so far Some of the facial animations are a little dodgy. Overall It is what you would expect from EA not breaking any moulds not
    Not completed it yet.

Story seem decent so far Some of the facial animations are a little dodgy.

Overall It is what you would expect from EA not breaking any moulds not trying anything new but using mechanics that are tried and tested...Which doesn't make it bad just Again what you would expect.

From a gameplay point of view it does nothing new but the story seems engaging enough for your to not be to bothered.

Final thoughts
    Hack and slash game With puzzles to solve and a good story
  34. Nov 15, 2019
    Although this game has a great story, a great cast and well written characters it doesn't live up to old games in relation to it's gameplay.
    This was built up by some as the spiritual successor to the old "Force Unleashed" games but it doesn't even come close to them. What made those games great was the fact that they contained revolutionary technology that allowed you to play around with force powers in a way you never could before. You could grip enemies with your force-powers and lift them around. The force mechanic in those games was like playing with toys, you could make stormtroopers grab other stormtroopers, make them grab ledges and play around with them. You could lift droids and throw them out of windows to make the air flow out with physics reacting to it.
    Now somehow over a DECADE later this game can't live up to those kinds of physics. You can't even force grip enemies and watch them ragdoll instead all you have is push and pull with pre-baked animations. When I played Force Unleashed back in the day I imagined that by now we would have ultra-realistic physics in games like this with light sabers cutting through enemies and having enemies react realistically to things happening around them but it's the opposite.
    Game developers seem to be regressing in skill instead of progressing, it's like all the fun of game development has been replaced by soulless corporate culture. All the focus lays in making the games "progressive" and "safe" in social issues instead of making them actually progress in technology and gameplay. For example the devs probably got sat down by the "suits" in corporate who told them to tone everything down to avoid any controversy, or as normal people like to call it "avoid making it interesting".

This game is another step back in game development and is overshadowed yet again by games from 10-20 years ago, maybe because back then game developers made games for gamers and not just for the money. It fails to stand out in a generation of generic games made for profit but it is still an enjoyable game. It's just not as enjoyable as it could be if they just put more focus on gameplay, technology and physics.
  35. Nov 27, 2019
    For everyone that gave this game a 9 or 10...you should give every Tomb Raider and every Uncharted (except maybe the first one) a 13 or 14....because Fallen Order doesn't match any of those.

The characters are alright, the graphics are good...music is good...nice set pieces....but I actually saw some puzzles ripped off directly from the 2013 Tomb Raider (a couple while in a tomb).

WAY too much backtracking/navigating, as well. A good 3-4 hours could be spent saying "Am I going the right way" or "where in the hell is the freaking ship"?

It's good..it's fine..it ties in the story between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope (some more). and the 2nd half is WAY better than the first half, but again..go play Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted 4 if you want a much better OVERALL experience.

Also, Bd-1> Baby Yoda!
  36. Nov 24, 2019
    It's a solid game, nothing groundbreaking. The audio and atmosphere is very good. The gameplay is good however not diverse and there is too much emphasis on climbing and sliding to really feel immersed. Plus too many repetitive puzzles and areas previously locked which must be backtracked to which seem unnecessary. Re high critical reception this game gets, I think a lot of people are justIt's a solid game, nothing groundbreaking. The audio and atmosphere is very good. The gameplay is good however not diverse and there is too much emphasis on climbing and sliding to really feel immersed. Plus too many repetitive puzzles and areas previously locked which must be backtracked to which seem unnecessary. Re high critical reception this game gets, I think a lot of people are just thirsty for a new star wars game that doesn't suck from beginning. I like that, but to stand out this game needed "more". Expand
  37. Nov 23, 2019
    Very mediocre game. The visuals are no where near games like Uncharted (similar type of game) or Red Dead 2 (much bigger!) At times you get to see a nice vista, but areas in between look very bad. The game is also riddled with bugs, sometimes severe enough to crash. Loading times are really long. Level design lacking and challanges seem a bit scattered. Exploring the environment feelsVery mediocre game. The visuals are no where near games like Uncharted (similar type of game) or Red Dead 2 (much bigger!) At times you get to see a nice vista, but areas in between look very bad. The game is also riddled with bugs, sometimes severe enough to crash. Loading times are really long. Level design lacking and challanges seem a bit scattered. Exploring the environment feels exhausting and somewhat pointless. It is Star Wars though. You play as a young jedi growing stronger over time, and you have a lightsaber. I think a lot of players are really happy about that fact, and that it has a singleplayer storymode. Me? Let Bioware create these type of games. KotOR is still a better game than this! Expand
  38. Nov 18, 2019
    Lot of times I feel annoying rather than challenging or fun.
    Control and combat isn't good.
  39. Nov 22, 2019
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was a long-awaited game for Star Wars fans like me, but make no mistake about the trailers, they lied to you.
    The fights are cool and the gameplay is very good too but the wild creatures that appear in the game, besides making no sense with the story are totally unnecessary, sometimes you have to ignore them because they are insurable and in everywhere, it's amazing how much they could have enjoyed the universes but they wasted it, but that's not the most annoying fact but the extremely annoying puzzles that just roll the plot and make you angry because the puzzles don't have no need for what is happening around the story.
    To conclude: it is not worth the full price, if you can expect a promotion and get it at the cheapest price is what I recommend.
  40. Nov 27, 2019
    I dont think it would be ranked as high without the Star wars branding. Very infuriating movements and combat mechanics and a technical state that is not worth of a AAA level. Way below an uncharted or a tomb raider. Story and dialogue about as boring as it gets. Not for everyone and definitely not fun for me. The good scores are mostly for encouraging EA out of the horrible game as aI dont think it would be ranked as high without the Star wars branding. Very infuriating movements and combat mechanics and a technical state that is not worth of a AAA level. Way below an uncharted or a tomb raider. Story and dialogue about as boring as it gets. Not for everyone and definitely not fun for me. The good scores are mostly for encouraging EA out of the horrible game as a service model and back into story driven single player territory. There are just way better adventure games out there. It's just a AA 1/2 effort. Expand
  41. Dec 10, 2019
    Such a disappointment... Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember playing dark forces and jedi knight... Mechanics are crap, gameplay is crap, just crap... Meh. 4/10 because at least it's star wars.
  42. Dec 1, 2019
    STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER is the love child of uncharted and sekiro i can go as much and say that this game is a soul like game but in a good way here is why

story: after the purge of all the jedi a young padawan named cal kestis survived the order by keeping his head low at some point the empire finds him but cal escapes with the help of cere and greez and with careful planing by cere cal goes on a self discovering adventure to find a powerful relic that could change the tide of the war

pros:

the game is just beautiful and everything just looks to real even the small things

the map is very helpful and you can find your way around easily thanks to it

the combat is really good and the fact that you can use your force powers in it just adds more depth to it

the parkour which is obviously inspired by the uncharted series is a very cool addition to the game and adds more platforming to the mix which is always welcome

the sound in this game is on point and really gets you the feeling like you are again visiting the star wars universe also the light saber sound and all the blasters are top notch

the fact that you travel to other planets and you can discover and find all sorts of collectibles in each planet is just so cool oh and every planet has cool puzzles you can solve

cons:

the controls are super clunky to the point of things looking super goofy at certain times

the story felt short and made no sense at the end also it was really predictable and a lot of missed opportunities that could made the story so much better

customization is pretty lame and adds nothing to the game

performance issues such as fps drops and bugs

barely any character i could relate to

a personal con in my opinion that could make the game even better is the fact that they didn't give you the opportunity to learn dark side powers and let you choose which path you want to take

in conclusion this game is a good one ill give it that plus its respawns first third person adventure game so ill give em some slack there are some missteps here and there but overall this is a solid game which brings me to the final score and its a 8 out of 10
  43. Dec 24, 2019
    Disappointment of the year.
    Disappointment of the year.
    While characters and plot are decent and gripping, it all falls down to atrocious controls and one of the worst game mechanics I've seen in my gaming years. The game doesn't register input from your controller half of the time so combat is basically always with a handicap. One wrong step while in combat (which happens 99% of the time), stagger animation triggers and before it plays out, enemies usually shoot/club you to death. Difficulty in this game is represented by throwing as many enemies at you as possible with a random rocket launcher wielding stormtrooper shooting at you from a distance to top it off. Every enemy is faster, their attacks reach further and they always block everything. Bosses are overpowered and boring AF.
    You play as the clunkiest jedi in the universe and it doesn't get any better even after 10 hours of gameplay. And the people who claim it's super easy even on the hardest difficulty either lie or they played it on story mode difficulty.

Graphics are ok.
  44. Dec 18, 2019
    I am shocked by the many good reviews of this game, especially from publications.

I started playing the game on the second to hardest difficulty and had to lower it after I made it to the end of the second planet. The game puts you in unwinnable situations and I would be ok with this to some point of the resspawn times were not horrendous (on PS4) and take upwards of a minute. Controls can be clunky and are sometimes unresponsive.

The negatives of the game:
    - Do you like snowboarding games with poor controls? Then you will like much of the beginning of this game as it has you sliding down areas repeatedly.
    - Characters are few and boring. I think the Nightsister was the only one that had a personality.
    - Story is weak and the parts that are supposed to enact some sort of emotion fall flat. Maybe this is Disney's influence. The ending is interesting but far too little to make up for the rest.
    - "Metroidvania" is not an excuse for a confusing layout.
    - As I said before the controls are clunky and sometimes unresponsive. They released a new patch for this but it has not improved.
    - Lack of attention to detail. For instance when underwater it completely skips an animation when you open a chest. This just shows you how little they cared to polish this game. Graphical bleed through happens constantly.

Positives:
    - The few boss fights exist are enjoyable.
    - Art design is good.
  45. Nov 19, 2019
    The graphics and gameplay are really smooth I have encountered a few bugs but nothing game breaking just waited a second and the game caught up with loading I enjoy the lightsaber combat and story so far overall i think it’s great hoping they do more star wars games like this
  46. Dec 9, 2019
    Seriously do not know where these good reviews are coming from! Can only imagine it's from die hard Star Wars fans and even then a 8 out 10 is laughable

Looks and sounds great but that's where it ends. Imagine Battlefront 1 turned open world then blended with original Prince Persia and Original Tomb Raider.... Edit! While E.A wants and leads you to believe this is open world. It's nothing but a over complicated A to B game. It actually should take you less than half time to complete but it forces you to run from B to A to leave the set mission
  47. Dec 29, 2019
    Horrible mechanics " BD STIM " doesn't stim and u die.. whoops or enemies get stuck on a ledge and u cannot reach them. *Unless u buy lb throw ability. The camera gets stuck around corners especially fighting against the AT-Ts at the jedi temple. Game crashes every other time i play the game ruining my progression
  48. Jan 6, 2020
    As a Star Wars story, I could live without it. Not bad but not great either.

As a videogame... let´s just say it´s not good (I´d like to say "terrible", but I understand this would infuriate some people). Replay factor = 0, combat sooooooo repetitive, and what I hate more than anything: the game asks for you to look for everything! You search for seeds, boxes, echoes even for paths.
    As a Star Wars story, I could live without it. Not bad but not great either.

Replay factor = 0, combat sooooooo repetitive, and what I hate more than anything: the game asks for you to look for everything! You search for seeds, boxes, echoes even for paths. Don´t be fooled by the promise to build your lightsaber on your own way like I was. This happesn on the last 20% of the game.

And finally: I´m sure the devs must believe in God, cause respawn time takes a whole reincarnation.
  49. Nov 15, 2019
    It is amazing, that to gain universal acclaim and 10/10 on all portals nowadays, the game just needs to be good, not even excellent and faaaar from perfect. This is 100% fan service product, with rehashed boring story and mediocre graphics. Game is also ridiculously easy even on max hard level. But even with all those problems, it is still a good entertainment for a couple of days.It is amazing, that to gain universal acclaim and 10/10 on all portals nowadays, the game just needs to be good, not even excellent and faaaar from perfect. This is 100% fan service product, with rehashed boring story and mediocre graphics. Game is also ridiculously easy even on max hard level. But even with all those problems, it is still a good entertainment for a couple of days. Uncharted gameplay elements with souls combat mechanics are carrying the project and art direction is very solid. Expand
  50. Nov 16, 2019
    Perfomance mode is less than optimal which ruins the experience a lot. If you're fine with 30fps you're good though but I'm not.
  51. Nov 21, 2019
    It's decent, don't get me wrong but it's nothing stellar. EA has ruined us with BF1 and 2, we're so desperate for a good Star Wars game that we're praising this to no end when in reality it's not amazing. It's unrefined, rough around the edges, very buggy, runs horribly, level design is very weak. Overall it's just.. an okay game. Thats it. Nothing more and nothing less.
  52. Nov 22, 2019
    Seems like a good game, but it has massive FPS drops in open areas and the loading takes forever.
  53. Dec 2, 2019
    Jump doesn't work, evade doesn't work, block doesn't work. Attack, meh... Hugely disappointing in a retro is the past, move forward kind of way. The collision detection is akin to 80's games. This is the same for the average look of the game too. Loading times also feel retro, appalling in fact. Story ok though, but that's only because I am a huge star wars fan. Great if cheap, but not worth £50
  54. Nov 15, 2019
    Respawn Entertainment signaled its revival through this game. They managed to capture both Star Wars and Soul-like fans. The deletion of multiplayer and removal of loot box have come as a very successful element, and this is why we are looking forward for EA's next move.
  55. Nov 29, 2019
    With EA's history of releasing crap Star Wars games, I had zero hope for this back when I first heard about it. So much so that I forgot about it till the first reviews came out and started showing that there was definitely some fun to be had here. It's not perfect as it tries to be too much of a Dark Souls clone then being its own game and has some graphical glitches and problems thatWith EA's history of releasing crap Star Wars games, I had zero hope for this back when I first heard about it. So much so that I forgot about it till the first reviews came out and started showing that there was definitely some fun to be had here. It's not perfect as it tries to be too much of a Dark Souls clone then being its own game and has some graphical glitches and problems that need ironed out. But they've set up for a sequel here that should be the start of a good branching storyline. The game really needs to work on some of the graphical glitches and problems that come with that but its definitely worth it for any major Star Wars fans and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who has an affinity for Souls Clone style games. Expand
  56. Nov 22, 2019
    It is a fantastic blend of Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Batman Arkham made absolutely tedious by having Soulsborne-like respawning enemies. Nothing is more dull than fighting the same enemies again. Die even once and you're stuck fighting the same enemies in the same locations. That's just not fun. All they had to do was have a toggle to turn respawning off and on and it would have beenIt is a fantastic blend of Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Batman Arkham made absolutely tedious by having Soulsborne-like respawning enemies. Nothing is more dull than fighting the same enemies again. Die even once and you're stuck fighting the same enemies in the same locations. That's just not fun. All they had to do was have a toggle to turn respawning off and on and it would have been game of the year instead of of a boring slog. I'd rather have a short fun game than a long repetitive one. I know they're called Respawn, but they don't have to take that literally. Maybe they'll learn for their next game. I'm glad I didn't buy it and just played a friend's copy. Expand
  57. Nov 28, 2019
    Nice game. If you want to be a Jedi, swinging lightsabers, using the force... This is the game for you! While I had some crashes on my PS4, the game did by no means feel buggy. Combat is very nice, puzzles are challenging enough and character customisation is sufficient. Game is a bit short. The things I dislike is that the game is quite linear and the backtracking (finding your way backNice game. If you want to be a Jedi, swinging lightsabers, using the force... This is the game for you! While I had some crashes on my PS4, the game did by no means feel buggy. Combat is very nice, puzzles are challenging enough and character customisation is sufficient. Game is a bit short. The things I dislike is that the game is quite linear and the backtracking (finding your way back to your ship after the mission ends) kinda turns me off. All-in-all I didn't feel I payed too much and I genuinely enjoyed myself. Expand
  58. Nov 18, 2019
    No spoilers here. Jedi Fallen order is a beautiful Frankenstein in which the the whole is more than the sum of it's parts. The game tells the very star wars story of Cal Kestis, a Padawan who survived order 66, and the crew of the stinger Mantis. With Soulsborne style combat, semilinear Metroid prime style exploration, and a dash of uncharted style story telling, this game is an absoluteNo spoilers here. Jedi Fallen order is a beautiful Frankenstein in which the the whole is more than the sum of it's parts. The game tells the very star wars story of Cal Kestis, a Padawan who survived order 66, and the crew of the stinger Mantis. With Soulsborne style combat, semilinear Metroid prime style exploration, and a dash of uncharted style story telling, this game is an absolute must for any starwars fans. the game can be Abit buggy, and it feels like it night have been rushed in the late stages of development but all and all its and excellent star wars experience! I look forward with great anticipation to respawn entertainments next star wars outing! Expand
  59. Nov 19, 2019
    fire the map maker.game is like trying to find your car keys lost in the sofa
  60. Nov 19, 2019
    Negative -
    1. Too bad optimization, corridor shooter, which does not even have large locations.
    2. The price-55$ Ah too many for game, that can be pass for 10 hours. 3. Too monotonous locations, where you just run around with yourself, no settlements, cities, quests, even communication between the characters only plot. 4.The plot is ill-conceived, simple, incomprehensible, cheap.
    Negative -
    2. The price-55$ Ah too many for game, that can be pass for 10 hours.
    4.The plot is ill-conceived, simple, incomprehensible, cheap.

Plus -
    1.Naturally itself the universe star wars, references in the form of Obevan Kenobi, as on me transferred on 10/10.
    2. The animations, figthing, are wonderfully executed.
    3. Graphics-more than good.
    4. Customization of sword, BD-1, clothes, ship.
    5. Characters.
  61. Jan 2, 2020
    Star Wars! Remember in the movies where they mostly fought bugs, frogs, spiders, and snails?
    Yeah, me neither. It’s okay for a linear platform game but other than a lightsaber I’m not sure why they slapped Star Wars on it. You hardly ever see or fight the Empire, just critters most of the time. It should’ve been called Bug Fighting Simulatior.
    And to think they scrapped an open world SW
    And to think they scrapped an open world SW game for this.
  62. Nov 24, 2019
    I cant be the only one who thinks this is the most overhyped game of the year. The graphics on a ps4 pro are shameful, the AI is dumb, even more so if you get a random pause in the game because its loading; and the story...."oh yea, I remember I can already do that thing I'm on this planet for..." Control had better force powers, smarter ai and far better graphics. I guess I wasI cant be the only one who thinks this is the most overhyped game of the year. The graphics on a ps4 pro are shameful, the AI is dumb, even more so if you get a random pause in the game because its loading; and the story...."oh yea, I remember I can already do that thing I'm on this planet for..." Control had better force powers, smarter ai and far better graphics. I guess I was expecting a more polished game, with powers that did more than a game of freeze tag. Wait for sale. Expand
  63. Nov 15, 2019
    Average game with poor animations and week combat system. It's trying to be Sekiro, Uncharted, Zelda, etc, but all of these games are better. It's trying to be Stars Wars but it does not feel like Star Wars. Still ok game, that can be enjoyable to play.
  64. Nov 15, 2019
    Fantastic game, it is not KotOR 3 or the second coming of Jedi Academy, but it is still a small beam of hope that we can get one of those games soon enough. Respawn did well with this one, even if I feel the main character is a bit generic and sometimes you just want to punch his face.
  65. Nov 15, 2019
    This is one of the better Star Wars games from the last few years. Respawn did a great job.
  66. Nov 15, 2019
    Totally best Star Wars game. If you fan of single player games, like am I, you totally need to try this game. It isn't God of War or Marvel's Spider man but it is super close to best Sony single player exclusives.
  67. Nov 15, 2019
    I have played for a few hours now and I can honestly say respawn has not disappointed me yet. This honestly feels like dark souls with lightsabers on the hardest difficulty. I have died multiple times to the weakest of enemies but every time I want to go back and face that challenge. I love the freedom that it allows me to have. I was messing around and exploring when I found this big oldI have played for a few hours now and I can honestly say respawn has not disappointed me yet. This honestly feels like dark souls with lightsabers on the hardest difficulty. I have died multiple times to the weakest of enemies but every time I want to go back and face that challenge. I love the freedom that it allows me to have. I was messing around and exploring when I found this big old frog that just stomped me and what I loved was that it wasn't because the game was being cheap but because my skill level wasn't there yet I honestly believed that that mini-boss is beatable early if you have enough skill. Wall riding in this game is an amazing mix of titanfall 2 and uncharted. the lightsaber combat feels great as well. Expand
  68. rtb
    Nov 15, 2019
    One of the best games of the year. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order brings with it a deep customization/skill tree system as well as hard/rewarding combat and lightsaber play. The story hooks you right away as you being your journey as Cal and look to restore faith in the Once great Jedi order. However some frame rates drops, clunky camera angles, and controls hold the game back from being aOne of the best games of the year. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order brings with it a deep customization/skill tree system as well as hard/rewarding combat and lightsaber play. The story hooks you right away as you being your journey as Cal and look to restore faith in the Once great Jedi order. However some frame rates drops, clunky camera angles, and controls hold the game back from being a true masterpiece. 8.5/10 from me and definitely a goty contender and one of the BEST Star Wars games to date. Expand
  69. Nov 15, 2019
    Masterpiece to be honest. It feels like uncharted and tomb raider had a baby at it lost itself in sw franchise.
  70. Nov 16, 2019
    I'm giving this one a 5. The story is too linear and there are no moral choices (light/dark) as it should be in any Star Wars game. This alone means a no from me. The game had potential but instead they decided to tell a very linear one-sided story. It gets a 5 because graphics and animations are okay. Gameplay seems also to be fine, but beyond that... it doesn't make me feel like otherI'm giving this one a 5. The story is too linear and there are no moral choices (light/dark) as it should be in any Star Wars game. This alone means a no from me. The game had potential but instead they decided to tell a very linear one-sided story. It gets a 5 because graphics and animations are okay. Gameplay seems also to be fine, but beyond that... it doesn't make me feel like other legendary titles (KOTOR or The Force Unleashed for example). Expand
  71. Nov 26, 2019
    Uncharted and Sekiro had a baby!
    This game was better than my wildest dreams. Well written story, well-polished tight gameplay, nice characters. It can be very challenging and very rewarding in the same time.
    I was very hesitant to get this game because of EA, but this one is safe - solid green light!
  72. Dec 14, 2019
    Very slow and boring with extremely long load times. Death is constant and heavily punished by the game. Absolutely do not waste your money here.
  73. Dec 1, 2019
    Talking about gameplay, it’s quite interesting, though fighting system is not complex enough. That’s just tomb rider in the world of Star Wars. While the storyline is completely awful. I understand that the community contains a lot of kids, but they could have made something better than just clished evil guy(girl as we are living in 2019), clished good guy and clished story. So the plot isTalking about gameplay, it’s quite interesting, though fighting system is not complex enough. That’s just tomb rider in the world of Star Wars. While the storyline is completely awful. I understand that the community contains a lot of kids, but they could have made something better than just clished evil guy(girl as we are living in 2019), clished good guy and clished story. So the plot is completely trashy and predictable. It is only recommended to be bought if you are a real fan of the Star Wars world, though some boomers could also find it disgusting. Expand
  74. Nov 18, 2019
    The best Star Wars Action Game ever made! Sadly loses points due to the bugs thats are still in the game and frame rate drops from time to time while traversing.
    Great job from Respawn
  75. Nov 20, 2019
    Hello everyone,

Let me start off by saying that I have put multiple hours into this game. I have achieved 100% completion at grandmaster difficulty and I have unlocked every achievement available on this game for the PS4 system. PSN: MiamiChampagne (In the event you want to verify achievement completion.) Before I begin my review I would like to thank the story creatives that
    Hello everyone,

PSN: MiamiChampagne (In the event you want to verify achievement completion.)

Before I begin my review I would like to thank the story creatives that thought of the storyline and I would also like to thank the artists that created such a beautiful experience for us. I feel that this story has been phenomenal and has far exceeded my expectations especially since it takes place between both episodes 3 and 4.

Unfortunately like every game the player spends most of the time playing and not soaking in the story, and for that this game is getting a 4/10 from me.

Bugs/Glitches:
    The amount of bugs and glitches that I have experienced while playing Star Wars has left me with a very sour taste. There have been times in game where my enemies are levitating in the air and I am unable to reach them, there have been times while exploring my character seemingly falls into the map and continues to fall until he dies. The frame rate and the speed in which this game operates is very upsetting and frustrating. I have experienced over 30 game crashes and close to 40 times which my game freezes for about 15 to 20 seconds mid swing of my light saber and then the game continues to work, this was very upsetting and frustrating. Playing on a grand master difficulty there is no reason why I as a player am able to cheese my way through the entire game. This game has had poor planning in regards to enemy location. While playing I have been able to prevent my enemies from crossing through a threshold/doorway, all I need to do is just strike them and go back through the doorway, rinse and repeat and I win. There's no reason for any game in 2019 should be released like this to the public in this condition. It's not new news that EA has had a very bad reputation in regards to creating any Star Wars affiliated titles. This was EA's last opportunity to redeem themselves and they failed. It pains me to write this because the story and the details on creatures and enemies and just where it fits in the timeline was so well planned that I as a Star Wars fan greatly appreciate it, but the mechanics in the gameplay which I have to experience majority of the time has ruin this experience.

Game Price:

EA has done it again. Every time that any game releases under this organization they somehow, someway scheme a plan to make the most out of the consumer instead of providing them great content and great quality for the money. I paid $76 for the deluxe edition of the game, what did I get? I received a garbage skin for BD-1 and another garbage skin for the Mantis. It's fine and I understand why the game is worth $60, majority of games that are now released fall within that price range especially when we were speaking about a game that is affiliated with Star Wars. But that does not justify the bundle that we as consumers are receiving from you the game creators and game developers. This game does not feel like $60, it's unfortunate that I am such a Star Wars fan and I fell for this trap. My advice for those reading this is to save your money and wait for it to be released as a free game on PlayStation or rent it out at Redbox or get the game on Game Fly.

Summary:
    If you like Star Wars and are only interested in knowing the story, please look up a compilation video on YouTube of just cut scenes. Don't waste your money on a game in this condition, if you do want to play this game please wait 2 to 3 months so that updates can be worked on because in its current condition you were going to be very upset and unhappy with your decision.

I tried to leave a very detailed review, this is my first review that I've ever done. I hope that someone takes what I said into consideration and help someone making the right decision and I look forward to hearing from anyone's feedback regarding my review.

Thank you.
  76. Nov 19, 2019
    People say "Dark Souls Clone" like it's a bad thing, but I can't think of a better franchise to borrow from, and as long as publishers do an adequate job with the formula, I'll keep buying the hell out of these games. The combat is a little clunky and it doesn't have that From Software polish, but there's no reason the SEQUEL (hint!) can't be a perfect Souls-like game.
  77. Jan 2, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was boring and predictable, pointless collectables that give you little to no extra content. Lightsaber upgrades are cosmetic only. Some parts were just a buggy mess and the story is one long fetch quest that us ultimately very unsatisfying. Play KOTOR 1 and 2 if you want good star wars games. Expand
  78. Nov 15, 2019
    Tenía pocas espectativas con este juego debido a los tropiezos de EA con esta franquicia. Solo puedo decir que es uno de los juegos más entretenidos de este año con su mezcla de formulas de otras sagas. Tiene elementos Metroidvanias que le vienen muy bien, Tiene fórmulas jugables a lo "Prince of Persia" bastante pulidas. Si eres fan de Star Wars te encantará, sino, puedes darle unaTenía pocas espectativas con este juego debido a los tropiezos de EA con esta franquicia. Solo puedo decir que es uno de los juegos más entretenidos de este año con su mezcla de formulas de otras sagas. Tiene elementos Metroidvanias que le vienen muy bien, Tiene fórmulas jugables a lo "Prince of Persia" bastante pulidas. Si eres fan de Star Wars te encantará, sino, puedes darle una oportunidad. No es un mega AAA pero sobrecumple en casi todos sus apartados. Expand
  79. Nov 15, 2019
    This game is what I think each Star Wars fan was waiting for! Everything detailed, story, adventures and gameplay!
  80. Nov 23, 2019
    Great Star Wars game, love it (a good mix of "Metroid + Dark Souls + Uncharted 4") ...

playing highest difficult and love it...BUT be warned, you must give the game time to get used to the controls (and on highest setting, thr 1st "Frog" boss is too hard; leave it for later, tiĺl u practiced on weaker versions)
  81. Dec 1, 2019
    Absolutely outstanding! EA definitely got back on the right track with this title. So many memorable scenes and surprise cameos. It is a must play for star wars fans!
  82. Nov 26, 2019
    this games copy other well known gameplay :
    -uncharted/ tomb raider for the exploration / puzzle.
    -dark souls for the fighting gameplay / "bonefire" and xp loss style (except you just need to hit back the enemy that killed you to get the xp back) . in both case it s a bit less fluid but they add the force element in it really well. the design level l is a bit simiar to dark souls too
    this games copy other well known gameplay :
    -uncharted/ tomb raider for the exploration / puzzle.
    the design level l is a bit simiar to dark souls too with many unluckable short cut and a bit of backtracking linked to this.
    As long as you like this kind of gameplay, you will enjoy it.

Some pro and con to conclude.
    pro:
    -music/story
    -fighting gameplay once you unlocked some force attack.
    Con:
    -a bit short (finished in 22h at 98% with no aids)
  83. Nov 21, 2019
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is one of the best looking games i ever seen. But the gameplay feels so old. It feels like playing the original Doom because this game is all about finding your way to the next door that is hidden.So you have to open your bad hologram map all the time. I have allready played a ton of games like this. And i dont like playing a game only thinking about where isStar Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is one of the best looking games i ever seen. But the gameplay feels so old. It feels like playing the original Doom because this game is all about finding your way to the next door that is hidden.So you have to open your bad hologram map all the time. I have allready played a ton of games like this. And i dont like playing a game only thinking about where is the door, where have they hidden it now. So its a searching game. The combat and story is great, but it get lost in all the frustrating map searching all the time. Expand
  84. Nov 19, 2019
    el juego de Star Wars que todo fan ha querido tener.
    graficos buenos, historia entretenida y personajes molones.
    eso si, el juego es muy muy divertido/entretenido, el hecho que sea un souls/uncharted, pero mas asequible para todos los jugadores lo hacen para mi, como uno de los mejores juegos de SW.
    se nota que en Respawn han mimado y metido cariño a este juego
  85. Nov 25, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wanted to give 7.5, but ending was satisfying so I bumped it to 8.5, but there is no 8.5 so 9. Game is really nice, like Uncharted x Dark Souls in Star Wars universe, but lacking budget for better boss fights and less recycled locations. Expand
  86. Nov 16, 2019
    Esse jogo ficou muito top! Star Wars com um pouco de Dark Souls e Uncharted
  87. Nov 19, 2019
    A mix of Sekiro, Uncharted and Zelda. That sentence perfectly describes the game.
    The game plays it very safe. Combat is fairly simplistic, platforming and puzzles are fun and engaging but not spectacular. In short, the game does a lot of things well, but doesn't excel in any of them, or introduce anything new. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. It's enjoyable to play, but it does make you feel like you're playing a lesser version of the games that it drew inspirations on at times.
  88. Dec 26, 2019
    A mix of Tarzan and icecapades. I get swinging from an occasional vine in a game but they over use this to death. Also the sliding forces mechanics are irrelevant and overly clunky controls makes it crappy.
  89. Nov 24, 2019
    Overall I've enjoyed the game. It doesn't have the same ROI other $60 games have though. It's not perfect and definitely needs a bit more content. The lightsaber seems under powered and I'd like to see more force powers. The voice acting is good and there's enough in the game to keep me interested in suppose. Why I didn't give it a 10... Controls and camera are funky. Also, why in theOverall I've enjoyed the game. It doesn't have the same ROI other $60 games have though. It's not perfect and definitely needs a bit more content. The lightsaber seems under powered and I'd like to see more force powers. The voice acting is good and there's enough in the game to keep me interested in suppose. Why I didn't give it a 10... Controls and camera are funky. Also, why in the world did they imploy so much sliding down a hill? It was fun the first time but it keeps coming. Later in the game I couldn't help but think it was used to just push game times up a bit. The controls make this triple ridiculous. Good game, okay controls and even worse sledding. Expand
  90. Nov 27, 2019
    Awesome game that mix the best mechanics of various games (Uncharted, Dark Souls, etc)
    Good story with good characters.
    The only thing that i really didn't like; The animations of Cal running are really uncomfortable to play, feels not good, just like Geralt on Witcher 3.
  91. Nov 17, 2019
    An absolute masterpiece on all levels. This game deserves every bit of praise. EA and Respawn have done so well with this.
  92. Nov 23, 2019
    Very good, best star wars I ever seen. Finaly EA made good game. GOOD job guys!
  93. Dec 21, 2019
    Wow... Full of bugs, horrible level design and I'm lost 90% of the time. The fact that it's star wars is cool, and pays a lot of tribute to the IP. But the game play is horrible. Horrible animations, crap puzzles, I really thought respawn would up their game in this one but they didn't even come close.
  94. Nov 23, 2019
    Easily best Star Wars game in years! Definitely a must play for Star Wars fans!
  95. Nov 25, 2019
    Ironicamante o brilhantismo deste jogo deixa-me mais chateado e revoltado contra a EA do que antes: porra, quando quereis sabeis fazer um jogo incrivel. Entao porque nao o fazeis sempre??? Dead Space 4 pode ser algo fabuloso , basta ter a boa vontade para o fazer.
  96. Nov 23, 2019
    It's a good game buy shys away from greatness. It's also very buggy and I'd rate it higher if it wasn't.
  97. Nov 18, 2019
    Ive just scratched the surface of this game but ive seen so far has been pretty awesome. As a dark souls fan I can appreciate the similarities this game has to the series. Might not be as smooth of combat as the souls games and not quite methodical as Sekiro. This game does indeed reward you for extracurricular exploration , all the platforming does tend to get a bit of annoying atIve just scratched the surface of this game but ive seen so far has been pretty awesome. As a dark souls fan I can appreciate the similarities this game has to the series. Might not be as smooth of combat as the souls games and not quite methodical as Sekiro. This game does indeed reward you for extracurricular exploration , all the platforming does tend to get a bit of annoying at times. Would have liked a more sekiro type of traversing and platforming in that sense. But this game holds its own in story and just that overall star wars feels. Expand
  98. Nov 22, 2019
    I tip my hat to Respawn in many ways. But I'd still give this game a firm 7/10. Part of me felt like I was diving into another Mass Effect 2, but fell way short. Part of me felt I was diving into another Uncharted game, but this game fell way short. Part of me felt I was crashing into a Dark Souls game, but the combat felt much less solid than that. We all praise this game as the bestI tip my hat to Respawn in many ways. But I'd still give this game a firm 7/10. Part of me felt like I was diving into another Mass Effect 2, but fell way short. Part of me felt I was diving into another Uncharted game, but this game fell way short. Part of me felt I was crashing into a Dark Souls game, but the combat felt much less solid than that. We all praise this game as the best Star War game in a decade, but I honestly believe Battlefront one or two had much better authentic aesthetics.

As for the story and voice acting; it was solid, but Cal's comments quickly became annoying to me. And the story line was great until it ended about 12 hours in. Still one of the better games to come out this season, but still a thinly spread out game that is basically a "jack of all trades, but a king of none."
  99. Nov 18, 2019
    A very enjoyable Star Wars experience. It's all you can expect from a game of a galaxy far far away. Respawn did an amazing job.
  100. Nov 19, 2019
    Just based on the gameplay (which has a few minor issues) I'd give this game an 8/10, but the story fits into Star Wars lore so well and the character acting is fantastic. There were several small twist that kept popping up with a few characters that I was never expecting to be in the game and when this happens its very exciting. Back tracking can be a bit annoying at times and there wereJust based on the gameplay (which has a few minor issues) I'd give this game an 8/10, but the story fits into Star Wars lore so well and the character acting is fantastic. There were several small twist that kept popping up with a few characters that I was never expecting to be in the game and when this happens its very exciting. Back tracking can be a bit annoying at times and there were some issues on level design were i got stuck due to a mechanical issue and had to reload from a previous save. Overall I loved this as a Star Wars game and can't wait to see what Respawn does from here and because of just overall enjoyment of the story and visuals, I give it 9/10 Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 70 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 28, 2020
    If you get over a slower start without powers, we can assure you, that it will only get better and better. An entertaining mix of Uncharted, Tomb Raider and Dark Souls set in the Star Wars universe. You don’t have to worry; the game is worth its full price. [Issue#300]
  2. Jan 31, 2020
    As someone with limited time to play games, the shame of Fallen Order stems from multiple frustrations. It’s hard to fight and, worse, it’s hard to move. The game’s timing issues distracted me from both the story and the beautifully constructed worlds; I was too focused on simply staying alive. My many (many, many, many) deaths discouraged me from exploring worlds — all of them beautiful — as did the simple fact that traveling by foot (even a Jedi’s Force-enhanced feet) takes forever.
  3. Dec 30, 2019
    Respawn has shown us, and EA, that single player games are well enough alive and kicking and has set a bright future for the Star Wars franchise of videogames if they keep this up.