7.2

1. Feb 19, 2019
    Awesome game ! Really captured the feeling of the classic and the anime as well ! The best visual novel on the ps4 right now !
  2. Feb 22, 2019
    One of the best in the Visual Novel genre.
    I think the most important question is how you look at this genre as a whole. If you absolutely detest reading or simply do not recognize the genre as "video game" then this is obviously not the game for you.
    One of the best in the Visual Novel genre.

This is a replay for me, because I've played the original on Vita a few years back. While knowing the plot this time around did put a damper on some of the surprises and twists, it was still very enjoyable. I have watched the anime as well but it felt like they added more original animated scenes? Maybe it's just been too long.

If you like Time Traveling stories, especially ones that seems to be a bit more grounded in reality (as real as a time travel story goes), give this one a try.

1. Apr 28, 2019
    Steins;Gate Elite provides a much more aesthetic and visually engaging approach to the genre. The daunting task of reading mountains of dialogue is made less overwhelming with visual aid that not only brings the story to life but deepens your emotional ties with the characters within it, maximising the emotional impact as the story unravels. Animated scenes also do well to make an enticing new entry point for players whilst offering a sense of nuance that’s as good of an excuse as any for Steins;Gate fans to revisit this top-notch series.
  2. Apr 9, 2019
    Steins;Gate Elite is as good as Steins;Gate ever was, and its aesthetic retooling may give it just the pizzaz it needs to reach to a new generation of visual novel nerds.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Mar 14, 2019
    Each ending is radically different, and there are even two extra ones when you’ve finished the main game which have never been available before in the UK. Fans will love the extra TLC in for this enhanced version of the very static original, and newcomers will experience a visual novel like never before – an anime that is very much yours, and an unforgettable time travel thriller to boot. [Issue#160, p.89]