• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Feb 16, 2016
  • Also On: PC
3.6

1. Feb 19, 2016
    The game is not completed. Feels like its a demo.

Obs: All GAMES reviews in this site of actual PLAYERS versus the "professinal critics" have a huge difference!! Why is that? The "critics" review is totally out of place.

So, what am I missing here? Someone is getting paid to review broken games???? I wonder.
  2. Feb 18, 2016
    sad sad sad... Street Fighter doesnt deserve this kind of bad joke made videogame, no arcade mode with The King of the Arcades... its a complete nosense. And well... completely implayable in online? I dont understand the press scores.
  3. Feb 18, 2016
    most multiplayer games come out like this. Always lacking in content. The graphics and game play is good. although for $60? i think the price is too much for what we get in the game. Few Characters/Fighters in the game doesn't help at all. Story mode could have been better. Seems they did not hire writers for the game.
  4. Feb 17, 2016
    I stayed up until the midnight release... I had it pre ordered, pre downloaded. I started my stream. Plugged in my 150$ fightstick i purchased for this game. I was immediately greeted to "cannot connect to server". So I played story mode, desperately trying to stay positive. 3 quick fights and a few still frame comic voice overs, that was it, Ryu's story mode 100% complete..... NoI stayed up until the midnight release... I had it pre ordered, pre downloaded. I started my stream. Plugged in my 150$ fightstick i purchased for this game. I was immediately greeted to "cannot connect to server". So I played story mode, desperately trying to stay positive. 3 quick fights and a few still frame comic voice overs, that was it, Ryu's story mode 100% complete..... No animation whatsoever. I tell myself ok let see if there is an arcade mode..... NO? Ok then I will try to connect to the servers again.. Wow, I'm online. Let's find a fight. Searching for opponent and disconnected from server messages was all I found.

Well now, I have some game currency to spend from my "story" mode play. Let's check out the store... I'm sure there are some crazy day one bonuses, maybe skins to buy and of course micro transaction,

Well, STORE MODE IS COMING IN MARCH!

YES, THERE IS NO STORE TO SPEND YOUR IN GAME CURRENCY. And no micro transactions? Well that's normally a good thing BUT this was when I finally admitted to myself that this game was about 50% complete on launch.

Of course, I can get no refund for the game. On the bright side my fightstick works for other games that I own that were not kicked out the door 8 months early.

PS, In 6 hours, I was connected to one match. After two rounds that;s it. No rematch or followup fights with the opponent. Nope you get kicked back to the title screen to wait for it to find you another match. Let me know when they add the game to this game mechanics demonstration. UGH

Imagine doing this while streaming, talk about an anticlimactic stream.

And damn you PSN for no refunds... You are just as guilty as Capcom.
  5. Feb 17, 2016
    English is not my native language , but that does not stop writing my discontent against what Capcom did to this game.

an arcade that do not have arcade mode , a terrible online mode , super- high price for the content you have. if you want that video game companies continue taking these products ... buy it , but if you want that companies think twice before pulling crap like this,

if you want that video game companies continue taking these products ... buy it , but if you want that companies think twice before pulling crap like this, do not spend a penny in it.
  6. Feb 17, 2016
    Such lack of content, servers aren't good. Absolutely ridiculous grindfest for costume colors. No single player?

You know what Ubisoft, I was going to buy The Division, but not now. You cant be trusted.
  7. Feb 17, 2016
    Please Capcom, with all my heart, fix this game, I really really beg you. Please get rid of the cartoon scenes and include more modern console graphic cinematic scenes. I have been there for you since 1992 with the snes version until now. I even bought your first game for the ps2 in early 2000. Do you know what I mean? Please don't let us down. I have given you 10/10 in many ocassions. 60Please Capcom, with all my heart, fix this game, I really really beg you. Please get rid of the cartoon scenes and include more modern console graphic cinematic scenes. I have been there for you since 1992 with the snes version until now. I even bought your first game for the ps2 in early 2000. Do you know what I mean? Please don't let us down. I have given you 10/10 in many ocassions. 60 dollars is some money that I don't want to waste, and I feel sad for having bought this game unless you save us from a major dissapointment. We believe you are the rock, please make us happy. Expand
  8. Feb 18, 2016
    I will give this a Zero.
    Here is what you can do with the game as of now: Play online (when it works) play survival. (which for some reason is also online)
    Everything else is missing from the game. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME at this point since you will be getting almost nothing for $60. I'm surprised there isn't a class action lawsuit at some point because of this. False Advertisement?
    I will give this a Zero.
    Everything else is missing from the game.
    Capcom has finally killed another franchise.
  9. Feb 19, 2016
    No arcade mode, shat servers crappy story mode no 8 player lobbies. FU Capcom. Never again will I support this shat and no more pre-orders. I'll wait till Ultra super hyper turbo alpha street fighter V finally finished edition is available for dlc then I will repurchase again.
  10. Feb 16, 2016
    This isn't a complete game. Have to be logged in for Single Player. I got kicked off the server in SINGLE PLAYER modes. No arcade. Was lucky enough to get my $65 back from GameStop because the guy felt so bad about my disappointment.
  11. Feb 16, 2016
    Not a bad game, just a huge lack of content. HUGE. There`s no way to fight a 3 rounds fight against cpu. NO WAY. Just a survival mode, that is the wort mode in all fighting games. It`s usually the mode that no one play. The Balance and the gameplay is cool, but there`s so little ways to play it. And now Ono (the producer) told on youtube that the story mode that will only come in June willNot a bad game, just a huge lack of content. HUGE. There`s no way to fight a 3 rounds fight against cpu. NO WAY. Just a survival mode, that is the wort mode in all fighting games. It`s usually the mode that no one play. The Balance and the gameplay is cool, but there`s so little ways to play it. And now Ono (the producer) told on youtube that the story mode that will only come in June will have only 1 to 2 hours long. That`s nothing. No way to tell a good 16 + 6 characters story in 1 hour. Needs more contente. Badly. Expand
  12. Feb 16, 2016
    Online mode unplayable, Single player non-existent...THIS NOT WORTH +60 f****** dollars, this is how a company destroy a great game with a great gameplay, GG Capcom.
  13. Feb 20, 2016
    GIVE US YOUR MONEY. That's what this tells me. There is NO content, nothing is finished, most of the characters are missing, the game is an empty shell. When will idiots stop pre-ordering graphic deep turds?
    If it's not finished, Don't release it. What a joke this is.
  14. Feb 16, 2016
    preordered on ps4, got it today, my jaw dropped... so bad it has story mode for each character but only 2-3 fights each.... there is no solo version, 16 characters only, it is an incomplete beta game. I was sold an unfinished product. cammy costume was the best thing.
  15. Feb 18, 2016
    I don't usually buy fighting games, but I thought I'd give this a shot. Very disappointing. The "story" mode is nothing more than a couple half-baked, non-animated cut scenes, which make no sense whatsoever. I've finished about half of it in less than an hour. Having known nothing about the characters, this game doesn't flesh them out at all, so I'm still uninvested.

The command

The command system might be familiar to people who regularly play fighting games, but to me, it seems too convoluted. I can't make a Z-shape with my joystick without jumping halfway across the stage.

In a game that has an obvious "good guys vs bad guys" angle, I've somehow ended up hating everyone and everything.
  16. Feb 16, 2016
    This is half of a game. It would be good at $30 but at $60, avoid this one. Bare bones doesn't even begin to describe what is here. They say more content is coming but they sure don't mind charging full price for the sparse offering that is currently here. A shame, really.
  17. Feb 16, 2016
    There is zero single player content and online doesn't work. So far the game is nothing but a disappointment all around. Sad day for what was one of gamings great franchises.
  18. nmr
    Feb 16, 2016
    No Arcade mode? 10$ extra to play multiplayer? What?

In case you are wondering, the "story mode" for each character is four single round (easy difficulty) fights. The "Cutscenes" in the story mode are a handful of medium quality drawings that are reused several times.

PSN doesn't offer refunds, I feel like I've been robbed.
  19. Feb 16, 2016
    This is by far the best rip-off , disloyal fan service that CAPCOM has done since they have been part of this industry. This are some of the features this game is missing:
    Challenges
    Trials 1P vs CPU CPU vs CPU 8 player lobbies Cinematic story mode Individual character stories themselves are also missing 2-3 chapters each In-game shop Alternate costumes (you can earn them but
    Challenges
    Trials
    1P vs CPU
    CPU vs CPU
    8 player lobbies
    Cinematic story mode
    Individual character stories themselves are also missing 2-3 chapters each
    In-game shop
    Alternate costumes (you can earn them but can't unlock them until the in-game store comes out in March)
    Spectator Mode
    Stage transition canceled.
    Targets
    Extra battles
    Arcade

I`m gonna sell the game for a couple of bucks and never buy another Street Fighter game from them again. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. The only was we gamers can make this greedy bastards understand is with our wallet. I urge you, don`t buy this ALPHA game.
  20. Feb 16, 2016
    Not yet... this game feels so empty the content is minimum dont even have an arcade mode wich is the basic in fighting games, yes story mode always will be my favorite but cant replace an arcade mode, and less if the story mode is so short: 3 fights per character, where is the final boss? maybe is there if i fight with every character but i cant because the game freezes one and anotherNot yet... this game feels so empty the content is minimum dont even have an arcade mode wich is the basic in fighting games, yes story mode always will be my favorite but cant replace an arcade mode, and less if the story mode is so short: 3 fights per character, where is the final boss? maybe is there if i fight with every character but i cant because the game freezes one and another time in story mode and send me out to the error send screen of the ps4. So a minimum story mode, no final boss?, the "art" is like a draft only if is not ready dont show it, full of errors, NO INTERNET TO RECORD YOUR 1 PLAYER RECORDS, YES YOU HAVE TO BE CONECTED SO YOU CAN ARCHIVE COINS OR POINTS EVEN IN STORY MODE, BUT the online DONT WORK, so you can expend a some hours without gett anything and if for some miracle capcom do the things right you must replay or NOT that info is not in the game. So you sell this game yet capcom feels like that KoF with no final boss a charade. Expand
  21. Feb 16, 2016
    Big fat 0 and that took more time to doing then Capcom did to make this incomplete game. We as gamers should be mad and not let the gaming companies do this over and over again!
  22. Feb 16, 2016
    This game really feels like a bit of a rip off. the core mechanics are good, but with no training mode and no Arcade mode to speak of, your only option to learn is getting trounced online by players who inexplicably already seem to be masters on day one. I hope the new free features make up for a lack of content. This game should have been less then half the price for what you actuallyThis game really feels like a bit of a rip off. the core mechanics are good, but with no training mode and no Arcade mode to speak of, your only option to learn is getting trounced online by players who inexplicably already seem to be masters on day one. I hope the new free features make up for a lack of content. This game should have been less then half the price for what you actually get, wait a few months before purchasing, and pick it up for less then £50 if you can! Expand
  23. Feb 16, 2016
    pocos modos de juego para jugar offline? si quieres jugar el modo historia tienes que esperra hasta medio año? y ademas pagar? y ademas el precio? $600 USD no me jodan CAPCOM!!! gracias por unirte a las pendejadas de EA para hundir la industrial de las consolas de videojuegos!! que ademas te venden un juego a alto precio y jodidamente es una versión BETA, ademas tienes que pagar para poderpocos modos de juego para jugar offline? si quieres jugar el modo historia tienes que esperra hasta medio año? y ademas pagar? y ademas el precio? $600 USD no me jodan CAPCOM!!! gracias por unirte a las pendejadas de EA para hundir la industrial de las consolas de videojuegos!! que ademas te venden un juego a alto precio y jodidamente es una versión BETA, ademas tienes que pagar para poder seguir jugando? que poca madre!! han olvidado que las consolas exilian para tener un juego completo por el ya elevado costo que implica comprarlo? por avariciosos van a joder a los videojuegos y después no tendrán de donde robar un maldito dolar! Expand
  24. Feb 16, 2016
    Street Fighter. Ahh, good old memories. One versus one in a fight against your friends (or should i say, rivals?). Glory for the winner and enless humiliation for the loser. Now, over 25 years later, with the release of Street Fighter V, we are all on the losing side.

The gameplay is fun (i took part on the first two official Beta Tests) and there is much new to discover in the game mechanic. The look and animations are great. The backrounds are interesting and they have all little details which looks great. So, why do i complain? Seems all fine so far. Well, not quite._.

First, the lack of singleplayer content . There is a Story mode, with really easy three till four fights for each character. Before and after every fight, you can see only a drawn picture, which explains the story. Then we have the Survival mode, where you can fight opponent after opponent, until your live bar hits zero. Before the next fight starts, you can select one booster which helps you or increases the score (with a little drawback) for your next fight. That's all. Nothing more for Singleplayer at the current state of the game. There are plans for future content, but that will take a while, until then, you can only fight the dummy in training mode or a local friend.

Now the online part. At the moment, it is not possible to make quick matches. It takes up to three minutes between the matches (i've played 100 approximately so far), if you are one of the "choosen ones", from what i read so far you can't even join a match. Speaking of online part. In order to earn Fight money (which allows you to buy costumes, characters later this year, yes you read right, the shop is not aviable now), you have to be online. The problem is, you get a lot of dissconnets and don't earn anything during the time you are not connected.

My conclusion, buy the game in june or july, when most of the content is released, if you are willing to spend a lot of time grinding for fight money to buy everything for free. Let's be honest that's how it will be at the end. Capcom made a great job and washes down another franchise in the drain. Try to make as much money as possible with Street Fighter Capcom. You will need it later.
  25. Feb 16, 2016
    when Capcom decides to release a game that justifies $60 i will update my review. this game is horribly incomplete. no standard arcade mode??? Nearly 0 singl player content!? I had to get a refund for this game and Ive never done that. this is how little your getting. ridiculous
  26. Feb 16, 2016
    Rereviewed as accidentally gave a rating of 4 instead of a 0. Absolute broken mess. Game is completely barebones, missing essential modes and utilities that you expect from such an established franchise, the server is schizophrenic. Definite waste of money. Thanks for the half baked cake Capcom! Collapse
  27. Feb 16, 2016
    This is clearly an unfinished product, with too many bugs as well as so few features it makes you wonder why it is 60 bucks. This is a clear cash grab and its not fair for fans casual as well as hardcore. This is what happens when you rush a game which rumor has it that the game was rushed out in order to make it for evo this year which does explain a lot.
  28. Feb 16, 2016
    The online mode DOESNT work!!! Why??? 60 € and I cant play with my friends.... frustrating... In my opinion Capcon doesnt finalize this game , where is the ARCADE mode??????
  29. Feb 16, 2016
    I love Street Fighter but this game is a joke. No vs. CPU mode, despite there being CPU AI for training mode... no arcade mode, no world tour mode, and a simple, 5-minute, 3-match story mode with still illustrations (crap ones at that). Servers keep disconnecting, and oh, that story mode update in June? It's 1-2 hours TOTAL, not per character. What a joke

This game is a disgrace.
  30. Feb 17, 2016
    I am utterly shocked at how capcom have decided to sell this game. It's barely even a skeleton of a game. I've had more content in free2play games without spending a penny. No arcade, no CPU match, no difficulty, no turbo, no time trial, the 'story' is 3 single round fights with a still image and some dialog in-between each one. I'm not even joking here, it takes under 5 minutes toI am utterly shocked at how capcom have decided to sell this game. It's barely even a skeleton of a game. I've had more content in free2play games without spending a penny. No arcade, no CPU match, no difficulty, no turbo, no time trial, the 'story' is 3 single round fights with a still image and some dialog in-between each one. I'm not even joking here, it takes under 5 minutes to complete the story mode. Quite literally under 5 minutes and that is WITHOUT skipping a single ''cutscene'' (picture with words). I wish I could get a refund but like an idiot I pre-ordered this game digitally and Sony don't refund.

This is even more of a dissapointment than Starwars Battlefront. I mean there is nothing to do in this game, there's no modes whatsoever after your 5 minutes of story content. No arcade at all and you can earn in-game credits by playing people online which doesn't even work for me to use in the shop mode that hasn't even been included in the game. This comes out at a later date. There isn't even that many characters, there's half of the selection of the good old days of streetfighter! Most of my favorite characters are completely missing which of course will be another £30 DLC to get the rest of the game.

I will never buy another capcom game in my life, this game has really been the nail in the coffin for me. It's borderline criminal.
  31. Feb 16, 2016
    How Capcom could release a Street fighter V with no arcade mode is just plain wrong, you can't even play vs mode with the AI and survivor mode is only one round, definitely not worth $60.00 and it's down right criminal that they charged $60.00 for an unfinished game, I hope this does not start a trend in the fighting game market, because there are idiots out there defending Capcom, just goHow Capcom could release a Street fighter V with no arcade mode is just plain wrong, you can't even play vs mode with the AI and survivor mode is only one round, definitely not worth $60.00 and it's down right criminal that they charged $60.00 for an unfinished game, I hope this does not start a trend in the fighting game market, because there are idiots out there defending Capcom, just go to Gamefaqs and give a negative review of the game. Expand
  32. Feb 16, 2016
    Could not pass without giving a review on this game... They sure are joking with us.
    Great IP and so much potential wasted dispite good gameplay and less good visuals.
    Unfortunately THIS is bad game to buy at launch. A HUGE throwback to SFIV. This lack of content, only total of 16 character rooster, lack of game modes, online gameplay issues... It is a quarter of a game at the price of 60$!!!
    This game is to avoid at launch at all cost. Wait until it becomes cheaper, or DLC is available, unless you don't mind to pay for a game in this condition.
  33. Feb 16, 2016
    Broken online, missing features, missing game modes, if the Servers go down i get booted to the main menu even if i'm PLAYING SINGLE PLAYER ffs

Absolutely shameful release
  34. Feb 16, 2016
    Bare bones game modes, feels unfinished, online doesn't work. I'm sure the rest of the game will be sold to us down the line. Bare bones game modes, feels unfinished, online doesn't work. I'm sure the rest of the game will be sold to us down the line.
  35. Feb 16, 2016
    - No arcade mode
    - No descent history mode
    - No vs AI
    - No difficulty settings
    - No trials
    - No alternative costumes
    - Got online but never could get in a match
    - Stupid necesity of being logged to earn coins
  36. Feb 16, 2016
    You just can't play the game so many hours since its release.
    Server is down most of the time. When you connect last few minutes.
    15 minutes to find a match. Lack of content. And you can't play offline content because you will get no exp and no in game currency. And if you're playing the server shut down and the game is reseted... And it is a bad por from PS4, the game could be a lot
    You just can't play the game so many hours since its release.
    Server is down most of the time. When you connect last few minutes.
    And it is a bad por from PS4, the game could be a lot lighter if it was truly optimized for PC too.

The game itself is awesome. But it's release is a shame and you spend $60 in a game you can't even play.
    And they had 8 beta phase tests to this release..?!
  37. Feb 16, 2016
    No single player, no fun.
    the arcade mode on a fight gamer is essential.
    i hope capcom learn from this.
    you can t do this on a 60$ game.
    a very empty game.
  38. Feb 16, 2016
    As much as I want to like this, I can't. Servers down all day, so you only get to play boring and reiterative survival. No arcade, no complete story mode, no trials/individual tutorials.

Just one word: SCAM.
  39. Feb 16, 2016
    Terrible release from an AAA studio.

You either build a free to play online game with purchasable content OR a fully priced game with solid content and optional online mode.

This game is an online free to play skeleton for 60$.

Shame. Shame. Shame.
  40. Feb 22, 2016
    I received my copy of SFV from gamestop last week, and I've never been so disappointed in a game in my life. First off, there's no arcade mode or a competent training mode, and I can't seem to get online to play the online mode at all. The servers have been so-so for over a week now, and they don't seem to be getting better anytime soon. However, the thing that makes me the maddest aboutI received my copy of SFV from gamestop last week, and I've never been so disappointed in a game in my life. First off, there's no arcade mode or a competent training mode, and I can't seem to get online to play the online mode at all. The servers have been so-so for over a week now, and they don't seem to be getting better anytime soon. However, the thing that makes me the maddest about this game is the fact that the local 2P VS mode doesn't work in my game. I have no idea how Capcom could mess this up, but I don't have local multiplayer available on my disc. I emailed Capcom Unity, and they told me that (around) 5% of all PS4 copies of the game have a glitch that won't allow the user to access the local multiplayer. So what does that mean for me? Well, my roommate and I are pretty much unable to play the game. The online has been spotty, there's no arcade mode, and there's no local multiplayer (for us), until Capcom puts out a patch. They (Capcom) told us to "hang tight", and that they would fix the local multiplayer glitch during the big June update. Supposedly the PC version doesn't have the local VS multiplayer glitch, so I definitely got screwed and bought the worst version of an incomplete, bad game. Avoid this game like the plague, Capcom should be a shamed of themselves. Anyone who gives this game a 10 has to be working for Capcom. Expand
  41. Feb 16, 2016
    Street Fighter takes on its 5th iteration in its main series but the bare bones content horrible online play, Censorship and DLC plans keep it from being the best around.

Story: NO SPOILERS The official story mode is not in the game at this time instead it will be free in a patch in the future but every character has a small story like arc in arcade mode, these give backstories to some characters as well , for some the stories are hit or miss but i found a few enjoyable

Gameplay: With Street Fighter 5 they have revamped the combat system to make every fighter unique and different, and they have finally removed all of the copy and paste fighters to help that process, Each fighter has a unique V trigger skill help every fighter in a certain way either by power up your regular attacks or setting up a bigger combo, overall its seems easier to get into then street fighter 4.

Performance/Bugs/Graphics: On the performance side of things it can be a train wreak sometimes, Lag can be game breaking to the point of flinging the controller across the room or as gently as a baby's bum its random at times but its mostly horrible, I cant see how this is even possibly with how many betas the game had before its launch. So far i have not had bugs there is the occasional crash but other then that nothing, Graphics for the are very beautiful and vibrant I really love the art style that they went with the stages are colorful and every fighter is detailed very nicely and the game runs at 60 fps 1080p which is awesome its stable and it works

Censorship/Content: Awhile back it was discovered that two of the fighters R Mika and Cammy had been censored, The one for cammy was not as severe as the one for Mika as the one for Mike her supermove was covered up via camera angle, As to why the game was censored President Ono of street fighter stated its was to not offend anyone who may buy and play the game. This is wrong on so many levels for they caved into the SJW movement that has gained a lot of ground lately, Im not bad at the choice they made but more disappointed that they became cowards and decided to censor the game, Content in all is severely lacking especially if your mainly an offline player for there are only 2 modes for offline (not counting training or tutorial) The modes are Survival and Character story mode, and for online There is only 1 mode which is just basic 1v1, as for offline there is no 1v1 mode against the cpu. Such lack of basic modes for both online and offline is criminal and asking for 60 bucks full price for it is mental. And the roaster for this is no different with only 16 fighters out of the gate instead of the expected standard of 24 this game is the most lacking in the series

DLC PLANS: Capcom has a plan to roll out dlc over the next 5 years a lot of which can be earned in game with fight money or via micro cash/ season pass, but this does not exclude the barebones launch of the game with the insanely lackluster content. Overtime it will just eat up more and more of your hard drive space, Capcom just seems to want to milk this game since they are in financial stress now.

Personal Thoughts/Verdict: While Street Fighter 5 is fun for awhile you start to see that there is not much to do, With the lack of modes you may feel like your grinding for something that isn't even there, Even now as i write this I feel Like going back to street fighter 4, On Top of the Stupid Censorship and DLC plans i cant help but feel cheated and outright spat on my verdict is a 5 out of 10, It was just one wrong decision after another with Street Fighter 5 and it makes me sad for just a famous series to go down the drain like this. I hope my review was helpful have a nice day
  42. Feb 16, 2016
    I didn't give this a lower score because the gameplay is tight and diverse. I didn't give a higher score because SIXTY FREAKIN DOLLARS FOR A FREAKIN BETA. Capcom does have something going for them, though. What they have - is got to be kidding me.
  43. Feb 16, 2016
    Where's the game?

Where's the game?

I want to make a review but i just buy a disc with a promise, will be more useful if dropped my money on some underpants, this game is the animprobable, how capcom could be so down, that's a ugly joke, just 12 characters, without arcade mode, aditional just in june, more four months waiting for the rest, an the final of all these years they just shut down the servers and give a middlefinger response for us. Inacceptable!

Sorry for that, in june when receive my game i will make a real review.
  44. Feb 16, 2016
    The worst Street Fighter saga, no story mode, only 16 wrestlers start, ugly menu, no player vs machine. Only game online? ok, but... Street Fighter online DISASTROSUS, The saga does not deserve this game, it's a shame.
  45. Feb 16, 2016
    I don't see how anyone can give this game 10, do they work for capcom (seriously though do they)?! It's a joke you are buying a promise that the rest of the game is coming. My 0 can at least offset one of those 10s.
  46. Feb 16, 2016
    It's very expensive for an incomplete game, awful online. What more can I say? It's worst than Battlefront. Cconsole games must have many offline modes...
  47. Feb 16, 2016
    Simply in complete, online is trash, and character back story mode is a joke. Looks decent as a fighting game but without the ability to hone your skills on a 1-10 level comp opponent, the only way to really get better is online... oh wait its choppy and takes ages to find a challenger. Wait a year when a full product is around and cheaper!!
  48. Feb 16, 2016
    This game is awful. If the only two fighting games were Street Fighter V and running 2 cars from NASCAR 2000 on N64 head on into each other NASCAR would be the better fighting game.
  49. Feb 16, 2016
    It is impossible nowadays to pre-purchase a videogame, because 99% of the times, the games tend to be awful. This is the case of SF5, with no VS IA, no story mode, only 16 characters, and an online game that right at the moment makes the gameplay impossible since 2/3 games you get disconnected from the servers.
  50. Feb 16, 2016
    No content, no story mode. This game should cost a lot less. The game play is boring and not innovative. Capcom failed again. the graphics is old and awful. Don't buy this game.
  51. Feb 16, 2016
    From day one, I was never a fan of the art style for SF4 or SF5. The old hand drawn 2D games were gorgeous and timeless, and these newer Street Fighter games always looked awful to me. The Alpha games and the SF3 are perfect in my opinion, and the new art direction in the new games just don't do it for me. However, even though I've never been a fan of this new weird claymation looking artFrom day one, I was never a fan of the art style for SF4 or SF5. The old hand drawn 2D games were gorgeous and timeless, and these newer Street Fighter games always looked awful to me. The Alpha games and the SF3 are perfect in my opinion, and the new art direction in the new games just don't do it for me. However, even though I've never been a fan of this new weird claymation looking art style that SF4 and 5 share, I decided to pick up SF5 for my PS4. Boy way I disappointed. First off, there's no arcade mode in the game. If you want to play, you have to play online only. Normally that would piss me off all by itself, but I can't even get online to play the damn game at all. I've only played a total of 15 matches, and I've been trying to play SF5 since last night at midnight. I am tired of the "server is down" message from Capcom. Honestly, this game is such a missed opportunity. I am still shocked at how bad SF5 is. I was never a huge fan of SF4, but at least that game had tons of characters and at least it worked. If you want to play a good 2D fighter, go pick up Guilty Gear Xrd, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat X, or Denki Bunko. I am so done with Capcom now. Expand
  52. Feb 16, 2016
    I waiting this game since 2014 when it was announced. What we see now? What a heck we see a small game for 60 dollars which smaller than Street Fighter IV in 2008??? Dissapointing
  53. Feb 16, 2016
    Dont buy this game. 60€ for a trash game with no Arcade, and bad bad servers, can´t play, and you have to unlock things like in a OVA wtF. RIP Street fighter
  54. Feb 16, 2016
    The game is as light on content as it is on polish. The only single player modes available are arcade/story hybrid, survival and training. Arcade/story is terrible - four matches + some storyboard artwork. Art is very ugly, basically it's just storyboard sketches that have been coloured in. Training is the only mode I've nothing against. Aside from that, no single player fun to be had.The game is as light on content as it is on polish. The only single player modes available are arcade/story hybrid, survival and training. Arcade/story is terrible - four matches + some storyboard artwork. Art is very ugly, basically it's just storyboard sketches that have been coloured in. Training is the only mode I've nothing against. Aside from that, no single player fun to be had. This game has been released in an incomplete state to fuel the upcoming Capcom Pro Tour event. Only buy it if you want to take part in tournaments, as it has barely any value otherwise.
    Why the low score:
    - Severe clipping/physics issues. While not gamebreaking, the character models are ugly and unpolished. You'd get better graphics from SF4 and I'm not kidding. While textures/AA etc is undoubtly better here, the clipping and physics were better in the predecessor.

- No SP content. SFV has absolutely nothing on its competition. No missions, no challenges, no trials, barebones tutorial, no story, no randomized content (living towers from MKX, MOM mode from GGXrd)

- Online features, while functional, are incomplete as well. You can't decline match once it's found, so if you play against someone who lags and then get paired again (which does happen even on most restrictive search settings), you can't decline to play. Casual lobbies hold up only 2 players where 8 were available in the SF4.

Bear in mind I consider 5/10 to be the "average game" and my score is based on that.
  55. Feb 16, 2016
    Capcom knowingly released an unfinished game for the sake of getting their eSports scene underway. "Stuff will be added over the coming months, we promise!" they said. But then why did they charge $60 for a game lacking so many basic features and polish? Right now SFV is worth $30 at most. It's like an early access game.
    The entire user interface and transitions need redesigning, I feel
    The entire user interface and transitions need redesigning, I feel like my time is constantly being wasted. No arcade mode, no trials/challenge, physics/clipping still isn't fixed. Story mode is an absolute joke even by fighting-game standards. The dialogue is really bad.
    Most stage backgrounds have blurry textures and background characters animate at 15-20 fps. This isn't what I expected out of PS4 hardware, which is more than capable of running better-looking fighting games at 60fps.
  56. Feb 17, 2016
    Ahh Street FIghter V, the legendary series that has everyone readying their Arcade Joysticks so they can conquer all who oppose them well...other then a good online experience i still find myself searching for the rest of the game and well ...no luck but i did hear its coming every month and its rushed because of the Pro Tour?, really cmon Capcom.

Story: Very lacklustre, actually

Story: Very lacklustre, actually laughable and probably the worst i've seen from the franchise - just 3-4 fights (which are like on very easy) and with no sort of cinematic or cutscene only voice acting played over well drawn but uninteresting pictures, nothing else - zilch i shake my head Capcom. - 2/10

Gameplay: Still able to succeed with its traditional style gameplay they did try improving it with the V Skill mechanic and i found it okay-ish but still its not a game changer. Still a high caliber fighting game but its failed to take that step further from its predecessor. - 8/10

Graphics: 6/10 - Not a major difference just a mere improvement from the last, nothing spectacular.

Fun Factor: 9/10 - Besides the lack of game modes, mediocre story and good online play, you will obviously find most fun fighting against friends and family in Versus.

Despite being very disliked it doesn't deserve 0s to 3s but i don't blame those who give it that rating because the game obviously unfinished/chopped up or rushed and thats not a good sign for any release.

6/10 - Above average, a empty game with its content gone missing. Even big fans of the series, competitivie and brave stick fighters would agree with me, WHAT IS THIS CAPCOM.
  57. Feb 16, 2016
    $60 for a beta, that is what you're basically paying for. This is the most stripped down game ever. Its best just to play MK or wait for KI season 3 on PC or xbox
  58. Feb 16, 2016
    No challenge mode at launch. Are you kidding me? An absolute bare bones mode as you can get and it's not available to play until a "free" update next month?

Oh, and good luck winning 2000 games a month to afford these "free" characters. What a colossal joke Capcom is.
  59. Feb 16, 2016
    Not a game, no content on release. Don't release a game if it only has 20% of its capable playability. Why pay full price for something you have to wait 4 months for the full game.
  60. Feb 17, 2016
    I regret buying the game. The story mode is mediocre (3-4 fights per character, with ugly comic images and lame dialogs in between) , there are only 16 fighters, there's no spectator mode or single matches vs the CPU, and the online isn't working at least for me.

My advice is: wait to see if it gets better. I give it two points because FANG and Dhalsim look cool (unlike Ken, who

My advice is: wait to see if it gets better.

I give it two points because FANG and Dhalsim look cool (unlike Ken, who looks quite weird with these black eyebrows).
  61. Feb 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. producto de mierda sin modo arcade solo sirve para jugar online es pesimo ademas el modo historia solo durara una hora y practicamente esta lleno de dlc el juego esta roto lag impresionante Expand
  62. Feb 16, 2016
    yet another Capcom joke, yet another unfinished-bare bones waste of money product made by the company. This company on the verge of extinction no doubt! I'm die-hard SF fan since the very beginning and always supported all the games so far no matter what but i never imagined that i will consider a SF game as utter trash one day. It seems they did nothing during the "beta" progress., allyet another Capcom joke, yet another unfinished-bare bones waste of money product made by the company. This company on the verge of extinction no doubt! I'm die-hard SF fan since the very beginning and always supported all the games so far no matter what but i never imagined that i will consider a SF game as utter trash one day. It seems they did nothing during the "beta" progress., all they offer is "Training + paid online MP" and oh yeah an empty disc which is worth for 60$

For gameplay, this game is clearly designed for casual players. Damage ratio is ridiculous, combos and targets are so easy to perform. Even "brand new" mechanics cannot save the game from being noob-friendly core gameplay, how shame. At this point, the game isn't offer anything that pro players will satisfied with it. Not only lack of offline game modes, but weak core gameplay as well.

And lastly, did i mentioned upcoming DLCs are already confirmed as "paid" ?? Well this is Capcom game after all, deal with it. *lol*

Many great fighting games out there which has better online mode such as: Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear..But SF has the most broken online mode atm.

This is the most bare bones (and worst) SF game I've ever seen ask for full price. The game not even has "vs. CPU" mode, can't believe it. Even the alternate costumes that they recently showed off aren't usable until March, when the in-game store is opened.

This is a rushed, budget title unfortunately, not like the previous one (SF IV). It's just developed because of Sony's greedy demands. Don't waste your hard earned 60 bucks for this garbage game, try other fighting games which is give you more contents and fun. Play on..
  63. Feb 16, 2016
    This game has very little content even for a fighting game. No versus CPU,arcade and online is always under maintenance. The only thing to do is practice and survival mode.The only thing thats great is the gameplay but im already getting bored:(
  64. Feb 16, 2016
    Since metacritic higher ups get a bloody tampon everytime I review something and tell the truth, I will make sure that I be as plain and simple as possible. Wait for a PRICE drop! No seriously, this game is the most lackluster fighting game tied with Killer Instinct and MKX XL. New fighters? Awesome and easy to master. New modes? Nope just the same modes from almost every fighting game. ASince metacritic higher ups get a bloody tampon everytime I review something and tell the truth, I will make sure that I be as plain and simple as possible. Wait for a PRICE drop! No seriously, this game is the most lackluster fighting game tied with Killer Instinct and MKX XL. New fighters? Awesome and easy to master. New modes? Nope just the same modes from almost every fighting game. A story? Lackluster and poorly presented but just wait until June. Game mechanics? Huge improvement over Street Fighter IV. Speed? A lot faster than IV but not faster than Street Fighter Alpha 3. Advertisement? Annoying and over hyped. Presentation and graphics? Rock solid but could be better. PC port? It works but has issues to frame rate drops when I try to play at max settings on my beastly laptop. Fighter count? Very disappointing. Only 16? :( DLC? It is coming but you can unlock the fighters. (So why is there a pay to win option then) Better voice acting? Meh. Its debatable. Overall final score even with all the updates? 6.9/10 but for now...a 6.7/10. The online in fighting games always seems to need work and patches. Lasting appeal? If you are an overall Street Fighter fan.....still wait for a price drop. The PC version is cheaper. Any thoughts on changing the combat system? Capcom knows what to do. They just need to stop catering to casuals and give us more options like other fighting games do. Time to do some benchmarking Capcom because your not even close. Huge improvement over IV when it comes to fighting BUT lacking in every other area that makes the Ultra edition of IV (please ignore the other useless editions) look like a gold mine and Third Strike... look like a rare jewel. This makes The alpha series, all time champion. Get it together Capcom. This game is your only hope from going bankrupt. And to the rest of you giving this game a lower score than me.....welll my goodness! LMAO! 8/10? No. 9/10 or 10/10? Absolutely NOT. 7/10? Go play other Street Fighter games and compare them ( or simply go on Youtube) Ignore the sell out reviewers giving this game higher than a 6. They have NO IDEA what makes a good fighting game anymore! XD Expand
  65. Feb 16, 2016
    No Yang no buy, although the gameplay is good, the roster is ass so... Yeah, not worth any of my time... Naruto Storm 4 was released exactly a week ago, and gave us over 100 characters, step it up Capcom.
  66. Feb 16, 2016
    This isn't a complete game. Have to be logged in for Single Player. I got kicked off the server in SINGLE PLAYER modes. No arcade. WasThis isn't a complete game. Have to be logged in for Single Player. I got kicked off the server in SINGLE PLAYER modes. No arcade. Was
  67. Feb 16, 2016
    I really want to like this game...except I can't play it. I pay $60 for a game that is online based, and you can't even connect to the servers. When do connect, you get disconnected in the middle of a game. I legit feel like I've been ripped off by Capcom and Sony. The game is unfinished. Some of the game won't even be released until March. I've never been this angry at a game beforeI really want to like this game...except I can't play it. I pay $60 for a game that is online based, and you can't even connect to the servers. When do connect, you get disconnected in the middle of a game. I legit feel like I've been ripped off by Capcom and Sony. The game is unfinished. Some of the game won't even be released until March. I've never been this angry at a game before at launch, until tonight. I would advice anyone to hold off on buying, until the game is completed or at least hold off until you know you can get on the servers. If you can't get on the servers, the game is unplayable. Expand
  68. Apr 4, 2016
    **** up what critics rated this piece of **** PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH AND STILL BROKEN
  69. Feb 16, 2016
    The fighting mechanic is amazing, it is accompanied with awesome looking visuals with stunning feedback of your actions, new V-Gauge system is quite a blast. For the the initial release the game has quite fundamental character roster, for all types of players. Yes, the game has a lack of usual for fighting games features like trials and proper story mode, but the game is competitive andThe fighting mechanic is amazing, it is accompanied with awesome looking visuals with stunning feedback of your actions, new V-Gauge system is quite a blast. For the the initial release the game has quite fundamental character roster, for all types of players. Yes, the game has a lack of usual for fighting games features like trials and proper story mode, but the game is competitive and that is it's main point. As for online matches the game is very enjoyable. The soundtrack is quite alright and matches the style of the game pretty well. Expand
  70. Feb 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Street Fighter V is a game with one the best gameplay experiences and online modes of its category. But the lack of solo modes will disappoint the casual gamer. Expand
  71. Mar 5, 2016
    all i want to know will or will not be arcade mode otherwise this piece of garbage is going back to gamestop before its worth nothing have most every version or played them this will be my last penny ever spent on street fighter
  72. Mar 3, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the worst Street Fighter game of all time I went into this game with high hopes but was severely let down by Capcom's lack of effort, there's no Arcade Mode, Story Mode is garbage and can be completed in 15 minutes with all characters, there's no single player stuff on the game except for said Story mode, The AI in the story mode is so awful that they just stand around and let you hit them, only got 15 characters to choose from and half of them are not even that great and some main characters like Guile, Blanka and Sagat are absent from the game and Sagat's been in every Street fighter game since the 1st one hell he was the 1st main bad guy you ever faced in the series and for him to not be included in 5 is just blasphemy it's just like if Nintendo made a Super Mario game without Bowser Koopa (he's in every game not always as the main baddie though), to sum it up save your cash I made the mistake of buying the 120 dollar collectors edition and I traded the game in the next day after buying it, they should've called this game Street Fighter Online as there's no single player stuff to do Expand
  73. Mar 11, 2016
    This game is utter and complete garbage. NO SINGLEPLAYER CONTENT? Really what the hell was Capcom thinking rushing out this garbage. I won't be the mindless sheep Capcom wants me to be and buy this game.
  74. Mar 22, 2016
    This is the most expensive PS4 game in my collection, and also the worse. I have few money and is hard to me to buy a game, and when I buy it, I have a horrible game like this. This is a incomplete game, with a lot of options menus blocked like "SHOP" and "CHALLENGER", this game looks like a demo. First time in my life that I wate money buying a demo game. I hate Capcom for it. I hopeThis is the most expensive PS4 game in my collection, and also the worse. I have few money and is hard to me to buy a game, and when I buy it, I have a horrible game like this. This is a incomplete game, with a lot of options menus blocked like "SHOP" and "CHALLENGER", this game looks like a demo. First time in my life that I wate money buying a demo game. I hate Capcom for it. I hope Capcom go bankruptcy. I never want to buy other Capcom game. Expand
  75. Mar 20, 2016
    Horrible. No Content. Unfinished Game. Spent time and money buying good review scores from major gaming websites I guess.

Don't buy this joke of a game. Barely enough content to be considered a demo of the game. Maybe a sneak peak version... but not a complete $60 game. Buy when it gets to $10.
  76. Mar 15, 2016
    This game is **** The bar was set so low they messed up a really good game. This game was screwed by Capcom. No arcade mode, online sucks lemons. I will never pre order this really discouraged me. Damn shame this game needed to be at a new level. Complete disappointment.
  77. Mar 12, 2016
    Jogo lixo não deveriam ter a coragem de vender uma merda dessas estou decepcionada com certeza o pior Street Fighter da historia,tudo isso por conta da sony que estragou tudo
  78. Mar 13, 2016
    One of the worst games ive experienced, capcom hav disapointed fans with all the features,lack of online problems, no arcade mode, story mode too quick, id b playing ultra street fighter 4 instead, the new characters was positive for me and the graphics, ill give it a 4
  79. Mar 16, 2016
    $60 USD for the game, a game that doesn't have a arcade mode CAPCOM please fix the game or give us back our money, I had great expectations for this game after playing SF4, but this game is a JOKE!!!!
  80. Mar 12, 2016
    $60 for part of a game. I would have rather that they released the game at a later date with all the features. As for the game I cant really give it that great of a score. I have read many things about revamping all the characters and to make the game more balanced, but this is not the case. I have yet to see Capcom release any fighting game that was balanced; this game is not exception. I$60 for part of a game. I would have rather that they released the game at a later date with all the features. As for the game I cant really give it that great of a score. I have read many things about revamping all the characters and to make the game more balanced, but this is not the case. I have yet to see Capcom release any fighting game that was balanced; this game is not exception. I just hope Capcom listens to its fans and updates this game. I personally cant believe this is the successor to Street Fighter IV. Really disappointed. Expand
  81. Mar 19, 2016
    An incomplete game, wrong in many levels and hopefully the end of this series. A shame for the players who can't play offline in a correct way or neither online mode.
  82. Mar 22, 2016
    Broken, flawed, censored. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong with Street Fighter V.

Shame on Capcom for taking the franchise to this dead with their greed and SJW pandering.
  83. Mar 31, 2016
    As of the Capcom update the game does offer much more but that isn't saying much since the game had essentially zero content to begin with. The mechanics, balancing, story line, game play consistency, are still probably the worst I've seen in any video game, clearly very little thought or effort went into making/testing this game. This was the first Capcom game I bought and definitelyAs of the Capcom update the game does offer much more but that isn't saying much since the game had essentially zero content to begin with. The mechanics, balancing, story line, game play consistency, are still probably the worst I've seen in any video game, clearly very little thought or effort went into making/testing this game. This was the first Capcom game I bought and definitely won't make the same mistake again. Expand
  84. Apr 10, 2016
    Man I wish I had read before buying this piece of **** Bad Capcom! BAD! You sold me a pre-beta of a game. This might have well been a demo. There is nothing here. This game sucks so bad it makes me want to cry. I will NEVER fall for this gain. I trusted Capcom. That was my fault.
  85. May 31, 2016
    A complete joke of a game.. i wish i could get a refund! Lack of content is just embarrassing! If you are looking into buying i suggest waiting till the game is fully released!
  86. Mar 29, 2016
    Heavily censored und unfinshed game. Do not buy if you value the freedom of art (without caving to oustide pressure) and prefer finished products. Cannot recommend 0/10
  87. Mar 30, 2016
    This is half of a game and shouldn't have been released as it is. Bare minimum single player features, unreliable servers and not enough characters.

This method of releasing games is very alarming and people need to stop supporting this business strategy before it becomes industry standard. I'll buy this game in a year or two when the inevitable Ultra Edition is released which will likely resemble something similar to a full game. This is basically a Beta.
  88. Mar 21, 2016
    Un juego completamente carente de contenido, un completo timo para las personas que confiaban es este título, Capcom, lo haz hecho de nuevo, gracias por tanto!
  89. Mar 21, 2016
    Story mode is way too short and way too easy. No Arcade mode in the first place, no versus CPU. Only Survival for a single player game (like anyone wants to play that mode) Matchmaking is very unbalanced online. This game relies mainly on Multiplayer online which the casuals wouldn't want to start off a fighting game with. Video games should never be launched unfinished that costs $60.Story mode is way too short and way too easy. No Arcade mode in the first place, no versus CPU. Only Survival for a single player game (like anyone wants to play that mode) Matchmaking is very unbalanced online. This game relies mainly on Multiplayer online which the casuals wouldn't want to start off a fighting game with. Video games should never be launched unfinished that costs $60. This game is better off being a $30 game. Game play is great but the lack of content for single players is awful. Get your act together Capcom. Expand
  90. Mar 22, 2016
    This game is the definition of a bad company, do NOT buy this game if youre looking for a complete game, this is just a demo. It has no story mode, barely any offline content and no arcade mode!
  91. Apr 14, 2016
    Un tremendo timo, por favor no lo compres ya que no vale la pena, aun que digan que en un futuro sera mas completo aun así ya que ni siquiera presenta mucha estabilidad en su modo en linea y hoy en día ya presenta un desventajas en algunos peleadores sin mencionar que no se ha impuesto castigo severo a las personas que abandonan la partida cuando ven que no pueden ganar. No gastes tuUn tremendo timo, por favor no lo compres ya que no vale la pena, aun que digan que en un futuro sera mas completo aun así ya que ni siquiera presenta mucha estabilidad en su modo en linea y hoy en día ya presenta un desventajas en algunos peleadores sin mencionar que no se ha impuesto castigo severo a las personas que abandonan la partida cuando ven que no pueden ganar. No gastes tu dinero en este juego te vas a arrepentir. Expand
  92. Apr 26, 2016
    No arcade mode is a no go for me. Bullsh|t game with horrible and terrible online servers where it kicks you offline when I'm in a middle of a survival game. Go fck yourself Crapcom.
  93. Feb 2, 2017
    Edit:

Almost a year later: Still 16 characteres. No Arcade Mode. Broken Online. Expensive DLC. I just hope Capcom gives for free to everyone at least 12 characteres and 10 stages, arcade mode and fix the online. Note: If you bought the game at launch 60 USD and 60 USD for Season Pass 1 & 2. Just a shame. I will not will buy a gameat launch from Capcom anymore. Original
    Edit:

Almost a year later:

Still 16 characteres. No Arcade Mode. Broken Online. Expensive DLC.

Note: If you bought the game at launch 60 USD and 60 USD for Season Pass 1 & 2.
    Just a shame. I will not will buy a gameat launch from Capcom anymore.

Original Review:

I love Street Fighter, but it's so sad to see one time and another time and another time how Capcom is ruining it. They just launched an incomplete game. 16 characteres ??? like 6 scenarios ??? No Arcade Mode ? No Adventure Mode ??? Just compare this mediocre game with Mortal Kombat X. In fact, Street Fighter Alpha 3 have a lot more content than this. This is just a shame. I think the only way of fixing all this would be sending the half of money or giving for free at least 12 characteres and 20 scenarios and all missing modes. I cannot believe they ask 60 USD for this BETA.

===

Editado:

Ha pasado casi un año desde que lanzaron esto al mercado. Apenas 16 personajes, sin modo arcade, el online funciona como la mierda, y todo el contenido extra se compra y es ridículamente caro.

Espero que Capcom para comensar a todos quienes creyeron en este juego, haga lo siguiente: 12 personajes gratis y por lo menos 10 pantallas gratis, que arreglen el modo online y agreguen modo arcade.

Nota: Si compraste el juego en el lanzamiento, más los season pass1 y 2, son 120 USD. Una fortuna por un juego incompleto y roto.

La reseña original dice en resumen, que Capcom ha arruinado esta franquicia. Es cosa de comparar esta verguenza de juego con Mortal Kombat X o King of Fighters o cualquier otro juego de lucha.
  94. May 8, 2016
    There are two things which make me puke while watching this game, the voice acting is terrible and it doesn't fit the chars, the backgrounds have really animate objects but they aren't really interesting, I would of preferred seamless backgrounds which aren't so animate. Here's hoping KOF14 turns out better.
  95. Mar 19, 2016
    Horrible steaming pile of disappointment. Unless you play online there's not much for you and if you do play online it's terrible. Matchmaking is a joke. You would think all the computing power in the world is happening as long as it takes to find some lagged out complete mismatch with someone two leagues above you who spams the **** out of you with ken doll flaming hot cheeto moves.Horrible steaming pile of disappointment. Unless you play online there's not much for you and if you do play online it's terrible. Matchmaking is a joke. You would think all the computing power in the world is happening as long as it takes to find some lagged out complete mismatch with someone two leagues above you who spams the **** out of you with ken doll flaming hot cheeto moves. Seriously it takes 10-15 minutes to get into a match so basically you are buying a load screen simulator with fighting game commercials. Designer must only play 3 characters as anyone besides Ken,Ryu or Cammy is broken and doesn't have much of a chance. Then there's all the characters that are gone that you have to wait and buy back in typical Capcom greed whore fashion. I could go on about other things that were cut or half assed but what's the point? Capcom is ruining their franchises one by one. WAKE THE **** UP AND CURB STOMP YOUR UPPER MANAGEMENT. It's obvious they are killing everything good that came out of Capcom. Expand
  96. Jun 3, 2016
    You are wrong if you think this game is anywhere near completion. Game servers were **** atrocious since release, story modes for all characters are 4 levels long and have barely any effort put into it whatsoever, you cannot vs an AI in vs mode, NO ARCADE MODE, people do not get penalized for quitting an online game, characters can be completely unbalanced, matchmaking is horrible,You are wrong if you think this game is anywhere near completion. Game servers were **** atrocious since release, story modes for all characters are 4 levels long and have barely any effort put into it whatsoever, you cannot vs an AI in vs mode, NO ARCADE MODE, people do not get penalized for quitting an online game, characters can be completely unbalanced, matchmaking is horrible, survival mode is the only way to unlock character outfits (which is essentially based on luck and can be hacked on the PC version), and what you actually paid for is not even being released until months later. This game is only good for it's feel of fighting, and its amazing graphics. If you are thinking that crisp fighting and good graphics is worth $60, then you wasted your money. Congrats Capcom, you ruined one of your best videogame franchises. Makes me not even want to buy your previous version now. Expand
  97. Apr 17, 2016
    Una porqueria de juego, y una ofensa para los fans de esta magnifica saga. El online esta roto, y funciona fatal. Y aún no lo han solucionado... Graficamente bien, pero el juego en si es decepcionante. Se merece un 0
  98. Apr 14, 2016
    El juego tiene una pequeña evolucion grafica con respecto al anterior (SF4). Las mecanicas son mucho mas simples (buen punto). El roster inicial es un poco corto tomando en cuenta el largo plantel que tiene la saga. El juego se hizo pensando en que nadie juega solo. Solamente mulpiplayer. En mi caso lo jugue 2 veces y ya!!! no tiene modos de solitario. Historia de 5 minutos (3 peleas).El juego tiene una pequeña evolucion grafica con respecto al anterior (SF4). Las mecanicas son mucho mas simples (buen punto). El roster inicial es un poco corto tomando en cuenta el largo plantel que tiene la saga. El juego se hizo pensando en que nadie juega solo. Solamente mulpiplayer. En mi caso lo jugue 2 veces y ya!!! no tiene modos de solitario. Historia de 5 minutos (3 peleas). Hubiese preferido que hagan como con el 4 varias ediciones pero con calidad. Expand
  99. May 29, 2016
    is a fighting game that highlights the antiquity of Other Are previous titles in the franchise but it is unfortunate what they miss this title sell it for parts, transformed this and a business that offers nothing and ask for much.

has good graphics but more is not the same as what other titles capcom ps3 really miss you merjorar the game but realicaron very little improvement. it is

it is clear that just want to get us money with their damn expansions
  100. May 7, 2016
    This game is NOT worth $60. It isn't even worth $20.
    This game is NOT worth $60. It isn't even worth $20.
    If anything, Capcom should've just released it as a free-to-play title, because that's exactly what it feels like given the utter and total lack of content in the game. Gameplay alone is not enough to justify the price tag, or anything else in the game for that matter, I'm only giving it a 3 instead of a 0 because, admittedly, the gameplay is actually decent.

1. There’s a great game in Street Fighter V, but only if you’re willing to learn the hard way. Capcom will need more than the few thousand competitors following the Capcom Pro Tour to make this game, and the series as a whole, sustainable for the future.
  2. CD-Action
    Apr 29, 2016
    Everything that I didn’t like about SFIV is gone, leaving a deep yet easy to grasp, spectacular game. [04/2016, p.34]
  3. Games Master UK
    Apr 25, 2016
    Despite simplistic single-player and feeble tutorials, SFV is a completely essential fighting game. [Apr 2016, p.70]