5.6

1. Feb 7, 2017
    Super Gunworld 2 is the follow up to the mediocre original. I enjoyed my time with Super Gunworld 2, The characters movements are basic and react well to the controls. I would have liked the ability to remap some controls. I love the turret feature and the concept of growing weapons in the dirt like we do veggies is pretty ridiculous but somehow works. The price fits the gameplay and in mySuper Gunworld 2 is the follow up to the mediocre original. I enjoyed my time with Super Gunworld 2, The characters movements are basic and react well to the controls. I would have liked the ability to remap some controls. I love the turret feature and the concept of growing weapons in the dirt like we do veggies is pretty ridiculous but somehow works. The price fits the gameplay and in my opinion this game is worth picking up on the PlayStation 4. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Apr 17, 2017
    Gunworld 2 is a pleasure to play, and a retro experience in all the best ways. Unlike Double Dragon 4, which preserved the worst parts of that franchise, Gunworld has looked at Zelda 2 and the Mega Man series, carefully decided which parts still feel worthwhile and will work best together, and transformed them into a new experience that captures the 8-bit feel without being beholden to its limitations.
  2. Feb 18, 2017
    There is a good game buried underneath all the usual tiny developer fodder: unfunny in-jokes, unneeded cameos, the ultra-hard mode(s), the obsession with 80s and 90s gaming and pop culture, the detailed sprites. More energy should’ve been put into making more memorable environments and bosses, a more well thought-out leveling system, and a stronger story that used NPCs more than once, and fleshing out the already engaging ‘gunseed’ mechanic.
  3. Feb 16, 2017
    I really have to give it to M07Games. They completely changed their game and made it much better. Sure, it still has a few technical hiccups here and there, but it still plays great, and with the much needed new additions, it makes it a pretty great retro-inspired game that I think fans of Mega Man and Shovel Knight should pick up. Especially at the price point it’s at.