5.9

Buy Now
Buy on

1. May 31, 2019
    Syberia 3 has a lot of game breaking bugs. Sometimes it cant be loaded, sometimes buttons not responding. And only solution for this bugs, you have to start it over from the beginning. I suppose Microids cant effort to hire a tester for this shameful game.

Do yourself a favor and don't even download this unfinished game.
  2. Jun 25, 2020
    I was really excited when I heard about new Syberia game. As a fan of the first two games I expected a lot but Syberia 3 doesn't get even close to the quality of the first two games.
  3. May 18, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So excited to get my first PS4 game. Brand new PS4, brand new game 39,95 EURO...Started playing and found the graffics bit outdated but still fond of it in general, however....only after I arrived in the harbor, and convinced the captain to take the boat...the game did not want to start up anymore. The image froze, and I can't get in that level anymore. I should restart is what I read.
    But I do not feel like it anymore... Hope there will be a bug-fixer, but for now...very low score. Who reviewed this game? It is quite unbelievable this kind of mass-error shows in every online forum and no-one comes with a solution. 39,95 EURO....down the drain...
  4. Oct 18, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a fan of Syberia since its first game and I enjoyed the two previous adventures. But Syberia 3 simply lacked a few months of testing. I have played it in 2021, so they will not release any more updates, because it was released in 2017. I have had to install, uninstall and reinstall it more than 10 times, as some bugs are fixed with patch 1.07, but other bugs are fix playing in version 1.00! I have found objects that were impossible to collect and that are necessary to progress in the adventure (diving area), talk to people who were not on the screen (Yukols in Baranour) or, simply, the gane was frozen after an animation (Baranour underground). Apart from these very serious bugs, there are dozens of small bugs such as Kate Walker floating on the air or getting trapped between the furniture, videos that do not coincide with the real situation of the adventure (Baranour train). The most fun of them in my opinion was the carpenter's table in the Baranour underground. In the image you can see Kate Walker sitting, but then I arrive, moving my other Kate Walker to light a torch on that table and there are 2 Kate Walker on screen! I recommend that you do not play it unless you are an unconditional fan of Syberia, because you will get too frustrated. Expand
  5. Apr 18, 2020
    Very slow, full of glitches, a lot of problems! Stopped for days with the torch on my hand, had to click on every imaginable button during the cut scene to move along with the game. What a nightmare!
  6. Oct 5, 2020
    Очень забагованная, кривое управление, слабый сюжет!
    Игра к сожалению утратила свою атмосферу и шарм, в ней уже не чувствуешь себя как в первых двух частях. Увы
  7. Nov 21, 2021
    I am not going to lie, I disliked this game very much. I loved the first one and I think the second one was decent but what on Earth happened here?

The clunky interface was annoying but I don't think there would be a better way on a console, except when you could turn or slide something, those parts were terrible. I generally don't care about grphics and I don't mind outdated but some moments really hit the uncanny valley due to weird models and animations of faces. The few actions scenes are also rather ridiculous because the animation just doesn't work with more complex movements.

Many of the areas are GIANT but almost empty or have several points of interest far away from each other. There are many loading screens (and running from one side to the other) but I luckily switched to PS5 for the second part of the game and I think they were much shorter then.

Voiceacting was good for the main characters and absolutely aweful with some minor roles. Especially one guy has a voiceactor who sounds some 20-30 years younger and it was really weird.

Puzzles were okay and mostly fun, not terribly challenging. I usually got stuck on missing a component or an item rather than not knowing what to do. As a matter of fact, I sometimes knew exactly what i need to do and then just couldn't find that one item or character. It didn't help that camera positiong tended to be weird or not follow Kate the same way every time so it got confusing sometimes.

In any case, the worst part was the story, which was ridiculous. I never really cought why everyone is after Kate and the Yukols, except for "these guy are evil so they do evil stuff". Maybe it was said and I forgot but I don't see why the bad guys cared about Kate in the first place. The lengths they go into in order to catch them are pretty weird, especially as they get absolutely nothing from it (they really do it just for the evulz).

Yukols are extremely annoying and somewhat offensive, I don't think they are a reference to a particular culture but I felt like they are a bizarre take on the noble savage trope, only here they are not just noble but also supposedly so pure they become cute (but they actually come across as incredibly dumb and like an attempt for "natural" culture that makes any indigenous people seem kinda funny and ridiculous). There was always an underlying theme of nostalgia and modernity meeting tradition in the series but they really throw it directly in your face all the time here. You also learn significantly less about the tribe compared to previous games, even though they keep babbling to you about traditional way of life without a stop.

There were definitely some bugs on PS4 even now. Several times, the interaction prompt stopped popping up for something but it was usually fine after I interacted with something else. Still annoying though and I had to load once but didn't really lose much progress.

There is only automatic saving, when you leave the game you will go back to the last time the game saved. The game saves fairly often but I still lost some progress every time and had to redo things.

All in all, this was not a great experience. Puzzles took time not because of difficulty but clunky interface and easily overlooked components. The story is weird and most characters unlikeable (I really liked only the Watcher at the end, which is basically a one-scene wonder). The game absolutely did not bring back the atmpsphere of the previous games (although it was mostly gone by S2 I guess).

Generally unfavorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. games(TM)
    Jun 23, 2017
    Getting to the handful of good puzzles Syberia 3 has isn't worth it for all the rubbish you'll have to wade through. This is a jittery, stuttering, mess of a videogame. [Issue#188, p.80]
  2. Games Master UK
    Jun 22, 2017
    Other [puzzlers], unfortunately, rely on easily-missed collectibles or suffer from a lack of explanation. Combine all this with terrible acting(not helped by the script), technical flaws (including a consistently awful frame rate and occasional clipping), and a boring script, and you'll find that Syberia 3 leaves you cold. [July 2017, p.83]
  3. May 11, 2017
    Syberia 3 isn’t a bad game by any means and offers up an immersive story… If you can make it past the horrific graphical hindrances that is.