- Summary: An unseen evil force known as Malevolence is spreading across the land, corrupting the world and causing humanity to falter. Players will embark on an epic journey as Sorey, a young pure-hearted adventurer whose destiny is to become The Shepard, an individual of great power that can banishAn unseen evil force known as Malevolence is spreading across the land, corrupting the world and causing humanity to falter. Players will embark on an epic journey as Sorey, a young pure-hearted adventurer whose destiny is to become The Shepard, an individual of great power that can banish Malevolence. Does Sorey have the courage and heart to wield this extraordinary responsibility for good, or will he fall prey to the evils of its power? TALES OF ZESTIRIA introduces a new version of its celebrated real-time battle system, allowing for faster combat with side dashes and new fusion technique combo opportunities. Throughout his quest, Sorey will befriend humans and spirits known as Seraphim, unseen to most humans, to aide him on his journey. Because of Sorey’s unique ability to communicate with the Seraphim he is able to fuse with their essence to create new elemental artes for strategic attacks to decimate foes. … Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Tales of Zestiria - Launch Trailer
Nov 15, 2015Tales of Zestiria is a really good game that hardcore JRPG fans will enjoy. With a complex story, magical and fantastic environments, well implemented visuals, and a really ambitious gameplay scheme, this title is one that could intimidate many players but will reward those ones that accept the challenge of playing it. Definitely a great game and a really cool way to celebrate the 20th anniversary and all of the legacy of the Tales of series.
Oct 1, 2016This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Game very good but I hope camera Blocked off make Story Boring Nothing annoying wish No bad language this game tales of zestiria Awesome But But Custom Outfit Not free I wandering New Update cool Hairstyles… Expand
Oct 25, 2015This game is getting some undeserved bad reviews and scores thats why I give it a 10. Normally I would give it at least a 8 - 8.5.
PRO: -This game is getting some undeserved bad reviews and scores thats why I give it a 10. Normally I would give it at least a 8 - 8.5.
- Great and Lovely Design and Graphics (UI and InGame, even though its not on ps4 standards but that might be because of its ps3 roots.)
- Interesting setting. It feels a little retro to be a "Chosen One"-Type of Hero. I kinda missed these plots :)
- Fusion and Battlesystem in General. It starts of a little slow but as you progress in the game it gets faster and faster as well as cooler and cooler (In terms of combos) and its (Thank god) not so confusing as Xillia 2 which took too much time to master it
- Another improvement over Xillia 2 is that you are not flood with abilities and skills. Getting a new skill feels special and rewarding again.
- CHARACTERS, Yes sorey can be a bit cheesy but hell Edna, Laylah, Rose are holy masterpieces in the series and I also love the Normin :)
- Story, I remember wishing Graces battle system with a little more mature plot... here I got it. And besides, I am so happy that they don't hesitate to be a little more concrete when it comes to death.
- Camera CAN be a hassle. But Its not as bad as I thought it would be.
- Story, I know I know. I have it in the Pros already but I have to admit that it has a few Plotholes. It does not annoy me so far.
- Difficulties, well well... I dont know whether its a con or not but it really annoys me that I get less EXP on Harder difficulties than normal.
- Costumes, They seem to be a bit too saving on this end :/ Most of the Costumes are bought as DLCs
Final Words: They have put some effort and love into this game and you basically feel it while playing it. The menus, the battle system, the characters, the animations and transitions. It all feels great and did I mention that I love the characters? Losing the forth time against an enemy and getting told that I suck while the game over screen is showing up is really the small things that brings them to life :')… Expand
Oct 20, 2015I am from Europe, so i got the game last Friday, and i really cant understand these few Hate-Comments.
This Game is unbelievable. I canI am from Europe, so i got the game last Friday, and i really cant understand these few Hate-Comments.
This Game is unbelievable. I can really recommend it to everyone who likes any sort of JRPG, and to new PLayers of the Genre.
The Open World is fantastic, the graphics are a little bit outdated, but thats no reason to miss this game.
The Main Reason to buy this game should be Gameplay, Story and the excellent Characters.
10/10 Awesome game, really.… Expand
Sep 3, 2017UPDATE: After 45hrs+. While, I disagree with the most of critics and users alike on this game. I believe this is a solid 7+ or higherUPDATE: After 45hrs+. While, I disagree with the most of critics and users alike on this game. I believe this is a solid 7+ or higher rating. Not the best Tales game, but I think this should have received a much better score.. I own most of all of the tales series.. I loved Xillia as well as Symphonia. I think the story is absolutely great playing over 45hrs into it! The graphics are updgraded PS3 style. And could have been better but absolutely love the Anime Cut scenes! The couple of problems in the game is the Battle game mechanics. Its really hard to get into since you keep smashing "O" button and it quickly takes you to the page that you exit out of so you don't know what you received. They should have done a better job of the battle clearing stages. Also the camera angle can be challenging and not too sure why I have problems soo many times trying to get the camera angle to adjust properly. But those are my gripes about the game. Otherwise disregard ratings that give this less than 7.. This game I think is great.. And IGN and other critic reviewers are wrong to give it anything less than 7 on this game!! It's a great game not the best.… Expand
Nov 3, 2015I had high hopes for this game as I am a fan of the series, but unfortunately it has been a letdown. It's not really a bad game, but II had high hopes for this game as I am a fan of the series, but unfortunately it has been a letdown. It's not really a bad game, but I wouldn't call it a good game either.
The system starts of good with Armatization, the fusing of two characters into a new character with new abilities. This is both a fun and tactical addition to the game, and fits well into the story. Bonus points for this! Unfortunately the other additions do not follow this example. The title system is neither informative or engaging in any way. The item system introduces random attributes that you want to line up on a grid to get extra bonuses, which sounded interesting but works badly in practise and becomes a chore to deal with. The element and arts system also sees some needless complications that do nothing to help the game along. On top of it all the controls are a bit clunkier than in previous games as well. Nothing that can't be handled, but it detracts a bit from the experience.
All in all, combat is still Tales and still pretty fun. The bad stuff can be ignored most of the time, but it is a shame that the interesting new additions are outweighed by the new flaws.
The biggest problem with the game is that the story is just... bland. It feels like they just checked of a list of things that should go into a Tales game and called it a day. Granted, all Tales games follow the same basic formula but the difference this time is that it feels like they put very little effort into it. The story is a bare minimium, and since the story is the main reason I play games like this it simply doesn't cut it.
The game also lacks proper world-building. Oftentimes the characters clearly understand something that is never explained to me as the player, and this leads to frustration. Several aspects of the worlds history are also kind of confusing, but concepts that appear almost contradictory never being explained.
The story also way, WAY, overuses the whole "I know the answer but you need to discover the truth for yourself" trope. It can work on occation, but in Zestiria this is the norm for pretty much the entire game! It gets old quickly.
Again, bland. Characters are very one dimensional and there is not much character development to speak of. They are likable yes, but nothing beyond that.
So all in all, not terrible but not good. The system is ok but nothing more, the story is bland and while it has it's moments there is a lot of just going through the motions, and the characters are forgettable. If you really like Tales games then you will probably find it at least acceptable, but you might want to sit this one out.… Expand
Oct 25, 2015+ Many improvements compared to the previous games
+ nice soundtrack
+ good controls - bad and boring story - very little details - bad+ Many improvements compared to the previous games
+ nice soundtrack
+ good controls
- bad and boring story
- very little details
- bad controls… Expand
Apr 17, 2020I've been trying to like this JRPG because I'm a fan since the '90s so I picked it up again after I dropped and uninstalled this 2 years agoI've been trying to like this JRPG because I'm a fan since the '90s so I picked it up again after I dropped and uninstalled this 2 years ago -- but now I've really lost patience and love for it because of:
- the overly complicated combat and game mechanics,
- persistent hand-holding and tutorials (just let me the player figure out the game)
- the music is forgettable: I can't even remember how any of its BGM sounds like now after playing for 9 hrs.
This JRPG is a solid example of making a simple and outdated game design disguised into something sophisticated by placing much too many rules and terms just for the sake of making everything seem the game has depth.
Heck, Tekken 7 and Soulcalibur 6's are more easier to follow and play than the battle/fighting system of this super otaku (Japanese for nerd) product. I'm not too sure now if I'll try it again the 3rd time after 2 years.… Expand