7.2

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 13, 2019
    These days, I've learned to be weary when it comes to "Sonic" games, because you never know what you're going to get out of them: you can get a surprisingly enjoyable title like "Sonic Mania" or "Sonic Lost World," or you can get an absolute clunker like "Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric." Hell, you can even get something like "Sonic Forces," which lands somewhere between being surprising andThese days, I've learned to be weary when it comes to "Sonic" games, because you never know what you're going to get out of them: you can get a surprisingly enjoyable title like "Sonic Mania" or "Sonic Lost World," or you can get an absolute clunker like "Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric." Hell, you can even get something like "Sonic Forces," which lands somewhere between being surprising and disappointing. That said, when it comes to the non-platformer titles, it should be abundantly clear that they aren't held in as high a standard as something like "Forces" or "Mania," and so that's why I was able to properly temper my expectations with "Team Sonic Racing." It certainly looked enjoyable, but I was still going to keep my expectations in check and not expect anything over the top. So what did I get out of this new "Sonic" racing game? Well, something that wasn't too bad.
    "Team Sonic Racing," at its core, is a "Mario Kart" clone. There's no two ways about it, this is a game that's definitely riding the coattails of the Italian plumber's brand of racing titles. Still, that doesn't mean there's a lack of effort here, because there is certainly a good deal to like about the game: I love the gorgeous and colorful visuals throughout the courses, I love how the game features so many throwbacks to older games in the series, and the musical soundtrack is pretty amazing, too. And from a gameplay standpoint, this is a smooth, tight racer with a relatively varied mission structure in the campaign mode and an interesting focus on teamwork. The team-based play works well in the main story mode, and it adds up to a game that delivers on most fronts.
    That said, it's definitely got some flaws. For starters, while I don't go into "Sonic" games expecting a brilliant story, I do feel like this one is a bit too juvenile and silly even by the series's standards, and a lot of the constant voiceovers during races can get frustrating because of that. Also, while the campaign is relatively varied in terms of mission structure, I couldn't shake the fact that the game started to feel repetitive because of how many courses were reused. For a rather long, 7-chapter story mode, it felt like they didn't have nearly enough stages to work with, and the fact that they just rehashed the same levels made the game start to slow to a crawl by the end.
    Flaws and all, though, "Team Sonic Racing" is a reasonably fun spinoff and, despite being a "Mario Kart" clone through and through, this is not a bad one at all. It's probably not going to win the series any new fans, but if you're a fan and your curiosity is piqued, go ahead and give it a shot. I doubt you'll fall in love, but you might have some fun with it.
    Final rating: 7 out of 10 "Good"
  2. Jun 9, 2019
    This review is based solely on my experiences with the game. If you want to know every new addition to the game, look to another review. With that said, Team Sonic Racing is a good kart racing game, but it's not without its flaws. The new Team based karting mechanic while refreshing to the kart racing genre, is also its biggest downfall. After playing around 60 hours of this game, it'sThis review is based solely on my experiences with the game. If you want to know every new addition to the game, look to another review. With that said, Team Sonic Racing is a good kart racing game, but it's not without its flaws. The new Team based karting mechanic while refreshing to the kart racing genre, is also its biggest downfall. After playing around 60 hours of this game, it's safe to say I've experienced everything this game has to offer.

Starting the game for the first time, I was impressed by the colourful visuals, nice looking graphics, and energetic soundtrack. I immediately dived right into the offline campaign, and I wasn't expecting anything to fancy in terms of content. However, one thing that I immediately noticed was how slow the game felt compared the previous Sonic Transformed during races. This was later remedied by playing on higher difficulties which increases the speed, but also the intensity of the AI. The initial jump from Normal to Hard mode right from the start is a huge difficulty spike, and isn't recommended until you get used to the games Team based mechanics, and unlock mod parts to increase kart speed. Beyond that, the Team based mechanics play a crucial role in winning races. It's not just about you, it's about you and your fellow team members finishing races with a combined total of points dependent on everybody's race position.

While the premise of being on team with racers sounds like a cool idea, you are constantly hindered by your AI teammates unable to keep up with you, especially on higher difficulties. Which causes you to lose races as a result. You came in 1st place? Well to bad, your AI came in 8th and 12th. So you lose! Sucks to be you! However, when playing with Human teammates, this is where the game really shines. As it was clearly meant to be played with actual people, instead of AI. Although this does require you to actually have friends willing to come over and play local split screen, but the option is there if you wish to use it offline.

In addition to races, there are various other challenges you need to complete in order to progress, and also the option to obtain all the stars in their respective chapters to unlock Kart customization Paint kits. My overall experience with the campaign was enjoyable, albeit a little tedious during some sections. I especially disliked the Eggpawn challenges, and found that there were far to many of them. They felt like more of a filler than anything else. Overall I did manage to 100% the offline, but not without a lot of frustrating moments. I also don't feel the need to revisit the campaign for any reason upon completion.

ONLINE

Being a big fan of competitive Kart racers both Offline/Online. My biggest concern with any Kart racer is how they balance different Kart speeds, track design, and most importantly the items. But in this case, the Team aspect now has to be considered. Upon starting the Online portion, my biggest fear about the game long before it was released was that I would be losing races as a result of my teammates. Sure enough this is consistently the case. You may find yourself in lobbies where there are multiple teams of 3, and you are a lone wolf on team with AI. Now I don't care how good you are at this game. You WILL lose as a result of your teammates, even IF you come in 1st place yourself. Due to this game being a cumulative points structure, and not just your position. There have been numerous occasions where I came in 1st place, only to come in 3rd place overall due to being stuck with AI, or teammates not working as a team properly. This in addition to if one is a good player, you could painfully tackle on full squads solo, come in 1st place, but then lose overall. But hey, at least you have pride that you came in 1st place alone, but not overall right!? It should also be mentioned that the game has a broken mechanic where players can regurgitate one item by sending it back and forth to max out their Ultimate gauge, which causes the player to fly forward at a fast speed and become invincible. Cool mechanic, except for the fact that once again if you're alone or with an uncooperative team, you are stuck going against squads of players abusing the Ultimate and securing victory majority of the time, despite your best efforts.

Also the ITEMS in this game are painfully unfair, and ANNOYING. The game has not one but TWO first place offensive items, which is the stone cylinders, and lightning bolt which also attacks other players. More times than I can remember, was I in 1st place only to get spammed with 2 stone cylinders, 2 lightning bolts, a homing eagle, and then have a squad fly by me with their Ultimate ability. The Blue shell from Mario kart has nothing on you compared to this!

Online also has VERY long load times & a pointless voting system at the end of races. It takes 2-5 Mins watching a results screen after every race dependent on players times.

Online is hit or miss!
    Balance: 4
    Story: -
  4. Jul 30, 2021
    Well well.

You know, the game is actually not that boring as Sonic Forces, but still disappointing. The number 1 reason why is refunded this game is the graphics. It feels like they look even worse than Sonic Forces, they are just blurry and the lighting is garbage. The most shocking part is that Sega sells this game with a price of a mainline Sonic game. The voice actor of Shadow
    Well well.

The most shocking part is that Sega sells this game with a price of a mainline Sonic game. The voice actor of Shadow sucks a lot. Online is dead, and you should find friends if you don't want to play with bots. Because of the small number of maps, you will replay the same levels with no changes again and again in story mode.

If you want a Sonic racing game, buy Transformed. It's a pretty decent game, but the community is also dead.

For this game, I want to spit on the face of the publishers, but not the developers who have made at least some work on the gameplay.
  5. May 24, 2019
    Would be much better if the matchmaking didnt suck. It definitely isnt fun when 2 teams have 1 player and 2 bots each whilst the other 2 teams have 3 players. The matchmaking is nowhere near balanced in the slightest. You get bots on your team, you automatically lose
  6. Oct 17, 2020
    This game is alright, but is probably the worst racing game of all the racing games SEGA has released thus far in the past twenty years (200-2020). I’m more of a SEGA racer, and it’s fun to see old friends from previous games, but SEGA is just trying way to hard to revive a dead franchise when it should be focusing on lost and better-potential franchises.
  7. May 21, 2019
    Team Sonic Racing is a team racing where you team up with two other people to play, and I think it'll be a great game, because it has some parts I like where you can explore new maps with awesome music, and how you can also earn stuff that can customize your car, and the gameplay of the game, and the items are useful but their wisps since they support you in sonic colors, but I don't likeTeam Sonic Racing is a team racing where you team up with two other people to play, and I think it'll be a great game, because it has some parts I like where you can explore new maps with awesome music, and how you can also earn stuff that can customize your car, and the gameplay of the game, and the items are useful but their wisps since they support you in sonic colors, but I don't like the fact that if you get in first place and your teammate place was around 7th place, it'll bring you down, but I'll say this is a great game for racing and fun for people, so I'll give it a 9/10 Expand
  8. May 21, 2019
    Very entertaining and at a great price. It will never be Mario Kart but who cares.
  9. May 21, 2019
    Team Sonic Racing is as amazing as the previous entries made by Sumo. It's fast, fun and exciting. The Team mechanics work really well and if you are a fan of Sonic and fun racing games, then this is definitely a must buy.
    The reason why this game solely focuses on Sonic characters is because it can add certain fan-favorites like Blaze and Silver that would normally not be in another Sega All-Star game.

One downside, though minimum, is the lack of party modes. While not a huge letdown, there are certain other things that could have been improved or added. But all in all, this is an amazing game and it's a relief to see a good Modern Sonic game, even if a spin-off, again!
  10. May 21, 2019
    Great racing kart style game, but with Sonic characters. If you like mario kart then you will enjoy this. Ive played the last two sonic racing transformed games and this one is very similiar. Some places are selling it at $33. Great deal and fun as hell game!
  11. Jun 30, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Poor online, less content than Transformed, very little skill required, sorry Expand
  12. May 21, 2019
    I absolutely love this game, everything about it is amazing. I don't know what to say other than this was worth my money
  13. Feb 14, 2020
    I bought this game thinking is going to be half decent. i found myself very dissapointed. This game is a let down for Sonic and I feel sad. It has nearly similar tracks and only 15 characters to chose from. I don't think that has a worth of it's price and it's a shame...
  14. May 23, 2019
    Everything in the game is great and fun with some New ideas that keep me exciting. The driving mechanic is almost the same,, and nothing special regarding to the Ghraphic.
    Finally PS4 players got a good Kart game
  15. May 21, 2019
    Just an amazing game, great gameplay, great story, and a great time! You should 100% buy this game!
  16. May 21, 2019
    It’s so fun the stages are beautiful gameplay is fun haven’t tried online yet and when you increase the difficulty be ready for it to actually get hard to beat Happy I got this Game I waited so long for this
  17. Jan 22, 2020
    I am a fan of racing and I bought this game thinking is maybe just as half as good as Crash Team Racing of even Mario Kart 8. Well, i found myself very dissapointed. This game has very weird mechanics and unsofisticated content of nearly similar tracks. I don't think that has a worth of it's price.
  18. May 22, 2019
    After Transformed I was legitimately curious about this game: Transformed was one of the most fun kart games I played in a long time - even more than Mario kart 8 in my opinion- and I spent dozens of hours to finish that game and still haven't for how fun and difficult it was.

TSR is a nice addition to the franchise, but I can't really say it's an upgrade: I still think Transformed is vastly superior despite its flaws such as having 3 different types of vehicles to LEARN and how inhumanly difficult the AI can be at S ranks. TSR however is a really fun game and I've been playing all day non stop, it's that fun.

TSR adds the team mechanic, which is actually pretty interesting albeit very easily exploitable: instead of racing alone - even though you can still race alone in other modes - you got a team of 3 and this allows you to do some neat new features such as the slingshot, where you basically track behind the other team members in order to get a boost which really helps in rubber banding the race, and being able to pass power ups to other members: not only these actions are useful but they're extremely encouraged as you get more turbo, eventually unleashing a super turbo that gives you maximum speed and handling and invicibility for a short period of time TO ALL YOUR MEMBERS. Unlike Transformed however you can't shoot but only bump on others, but overall the team mechanic serves a good purpose on allowing ways to recovery from the last positions, which is often a problem in kart games.

Another thing tht the team mechanic brings is that you just don't have to reach first to win: you need to get your squad to a higher position as well or else your score won't be as high as it should, making your efforts to reach first useless. For example if you're first but your squad is in the last position you're not going to score high to win the race. It seems weird but it works really well and it invites players to actually play in a team while racing.

And add the fact that there's a career mode with a little story to follow, customization for your car including painting and parts - although it's only 3 pieces for 3 parts + 3 legendaries that don't really make any difference - and an INCREDIBLE price point of 40 euros, I could easily recommend this over mario kart honestly: for such a little price there's a ton of content and it's well cured enough!

Honestly my only issues are very few: the game is REALLY tough, even at normal difficulty, and hard feels like I'm racing against S ranks from transformed, not really looking forward to do extreme.
    Upgrades are done randomly, with each race giving you coins to use in a gashapon machine where you unlock random upgrades for your race or new pieces for your cars and even though it's random IT DOESN'T REQUIRE REAL MONEY. It is tedious however.

And while I didn't play a lot of the other sonic racing games, most of the races and even parts of the game feels recycled from previous games and of course you only have cars this time: if you missed that from transformed it's not going to be back here.

Overall, I highly recommend it: a lot of stuff and content for a really good price. Hard to pass up, especially when you only got Mario Kart 8 (which costs a whooping 60 after a hundred thousand years and doesn't have the game modes that TSR or even SASRT had) or Sonic all stars racing transformed (which is cheaper and you can even get it on pc, but it's a lot harder due to 3 vehicles) to choose from.

Or just wait a little longer and get CTR because that's going to be the definitive karting game!
  19. Jun 27, 2020
    Depois de jogos fantásticos como seus antecessores esse prova ser a decadência da série com gráficos fracos, mecânicas atrasadas e personagens sem apelo e pouco conteúdo.
  20. Aug 28, 2021
    This game finally turned into a Mario Kart clone and it is every bit as terrible as that series. The last good Mario Kart was Mario Kart 64. After that entry, the series became mostly about spamming items, most of the tracks became too wide to fall off from. In short, Mario Kart became a game where skill is no longer needed. This is what you get here with Team Sonic Racing, it is aThis game finally turned into a Mario Kart clone and it is every bit as terrible as that series. The last good Mario Kart was Mario Kart 64. After that entry, the series became mostly about spamming items, most of the tracks became too wide to fall off from. In short, Mario Kart became a game where skill is no longer needed. This is what you get here with Team Sonic Racing, it is a hardcore Mario Kart ripoff, but people keep eating up that series because it is engrained into video game culture. So it makes sense for SEGA to try to turn this into a Mario Kart clone, that is what you call a sell out. They know full well that this new entry stinks and is just an item galore fest with mind numbing tracks to race in. But the prospect of more money is too good to miss out on huh SEGA? Suck it you sell outs. I am glad this game tanked. Expand
  21. Oct 15, 2019
    no se a quien se le ocurrio hacer un juego de carreras sobre personajes que su habilidad es ser rapido, nunca me convencio este juego ademas de que salio muy cerca del crash nitro kart, ese si es un buen juego
  22. May 21, 2019
    Fun and amazing Racing game, for a 3d game hace marvelous grafics for All System and the gameplay
  23. May 22, 2019
    Dang man, I was a little worried about the mechanic changes from the previous two Sonic racing games, but that immediately went away as soon as I started playing. The team mechanics add a lot of depth and fun and really make this title what it is. If you're on the fence about this game, honestly just get it, at the lower retail price of $40 compared to other games its absolutely worth a buy.
  24. Jun 1, 2019
    TSR is a really fun game and i love to play in single player and online with a team! There is also a great sense of speed and turbo and a good difference of various racers of categories speed/technique and power!
    The track are also well designed and they have nice colors! Good story in Adventure mode, even if the ending is a bit... lazy!
    Anyway hope this is a start for something bigger in
    Anyway hope this is a start for something bigger in the future, also because seems everyone wants more characters like Cream!
  25. May 23, 2019
    Sonic trasnformed dejo la vara muy alta, la idea era superarla y en esta ocación retrocedió, de verdad, esperaba mas.
  26. May 26, 2019
    another excellent sonic cart racer, there may be occasional hiccups in the game but all in all it's a very good game, colorful tracks and many upgrades for your vehicles
  27. May 24, 2019
    It makes you feel and enjoy the meaning of teamwork with a smooth gameplay and lots of fun beetween character's interaction, not many games use to recall us the importance of having friends supporting each other like this one do even if it's a racing game.
  28. Jun 4, 2019
    Low fps, few tracks and characters... Not worth the price that is charged...
  29. May 21, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After seeing the all the stages in the game, I feel like there's a lot of potential here with this game. Although I find the team mechanics to be ambivalent, I'm glad that you can still play the game normally, without the team mechanic. The music, in my opinion, is not as good as Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but I do believe that the themes to Lost Palace and Sky Road sound really unique and are pretty awesome to listen to!

My other problem with the game is the lack of the new stages. There are 12 new stages for the game, which makes up 57 percent of the game, and there are 9 "retro" stages, which makes up 43 percent of the game. I can definitely tell that they reused many assets from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, such as animations for the characters and such.

Overall, I'm glad that this game is not a flop,but I definitely don't like many of the changes that are in the game. Team Sonic Racing looks good, but it's probably only because Sumo Digital, not Sonic Team, made the game. We'll see what Sonic Team can do in the future.
  30. May 22, 2019
    I was a little worried about the team mechanic and AI, but it works fine. Great graphics, great racing feeling, exciting tracks, a great story mode among other things. I really enjoy it. More people need to buy it though, not a lot of multiplayer going on. :)
  31. Oct 3, 2019
    Fun game. Split Screen can be up to 4 players, which is awesome. Great for playing with family. Teamplay mechanic is creative. Single player is fine, story is uninteresting, but who cares just skip. However, online right now is desolate. Very hard to find match. It is sad. I think the game is great but I have no idea why people abandon online so fast. It is not even a year yet. CarFun game. Split Screen can be up to 4 players, which is awesome. Great for playing with family. Teamplay mechanic is creative. Single player is fine, story is uninteresting, but who cares just skip. However, online right now is desolate. Very hard to find match. It is sad. I think the game is great but I have no idea why people abandon online so fast. It is not even a year yet. Car customization is good. Although I love Sonic racing all star more (that game you can be boat and plane), Team Sonic racing is also decent arcade racing. CPU difficulty is a bit too tough though. I would love if they add easy difficulty just for kids. Expand
  32. May 31, 2019
    Team Sonic Racing
    I’m Torn
    Sonic and the gang have been given these sweet new whips to race and are promised that whoever wins this racing tournament gets to keep them Is Dr Eggman up to no good or is this legit? Who knows? Theres an 8 hour long campaign for you to find out This campaign gives you the option to skip the story and get right into the racing or watch it.. oddly enough
    Team Sonic Racing
    I’m Torn
    Is Dr Eggman up to no good or is this legit?
    Who knows? Theres an 8 hour long campaign for you to find out
    This campaign gives you the option to skip the story and get right into the racing or watch it.. oddly enough the skip option is connected to the command that we by defult chosoe things so I went a full 2 chapters not realizing ive been skipping the story the whole time
    Sadly I wasn’t missing much, the story is kinda throw away and just told through some badly voice acted dialog
    No real cutscenes here aside from the games opening
    I have a love hate relationship with Sonic Racing.. on one hand I love the team dynamic.. on the other hand im annoyed that they took the potential that is sonic and allstars racing transformed, threw that concept into the trash for just another kart racer
    It broke my heart to not just lose the land sea and air aspect, but to also lose the changing track as I raced, and more importantly the speed…
    Its like every time they make a sonic racing game theyre making a new racer and I don’t like it…
    my only hope is that sonicand al stars racing is its own thing and this isn’t part of that…
    All of that aside, Team Sonic Racing is actually probably the best Kart Racer on the playstation 4, that’s not necessarily saying much, but its not saying nothing..
    In tam sonic racing you race in teams of 3… you don’t get to chosoe individual characters, as each team must be made of of one speed character, 1 technique, and one power character…
    there are 15 characters total to unlock, aka 5 teams to unlock…
    All characters have their own stats, these stats can be adjusted with mods you unlock from mod pods with credits earned while racing, and each racer type has their own perk,
    speed obviously being the fastes, power can smash through objects without losing momentum and technique characters attract rings to them, increasing their top speed
    i thought the team aspet would get annoying here but it actually doesn’t
    its actually quite fun working together, leaving behind a trail for your team mates to get a little speed boost, picking up items (which by the way different types pick up different items in boxes), and choosing whether or not to use them for yourself or give them to a team mate….
    And I love how this game encourages team work… by allowing your teammates to sling shot off of you or give them a boost, by sharing items you don’t necessarily want to use or need, youre award stars that fill up a bar to give your entire team a speed boost and invicibilty for a short period of time,
    This adds a layer to strategy, will you use items to get to the front or will your team do everything it can to help eachother and pull out in front with the boost at the end.. it keeps the racing exciting…
    what isn’t exciting are the 21 tracks this game has..
    gameplay wise this is the weakest aspects, no tracks are memorable, theyre more frustrating than fun at times…
    the sonic team needs to go back and ply transformed to get a little reminder of what excellent track design looks like…
    Team Sonic Racing overall is a fun kart racer that can be played locally or even online
    it has everythin going for it but the tracks to keep players coming back
    I give Team Sonic Racing
    a 7/10
  33. Jun 16, 2019
    I don't wanna give it a score because I feel i haven't played it so I don't really know what to grade it though , What I really wanna say is why is every review or critic review that I've seen are basing it on Mario Kart , its like the "makes you feel like spider-man or batman" reviews wtf is going on??? I mean I just hope CTR doesn't get shadowing of Mario Kart.
  34. May 22, 2019
    An amazing kart racer with an extraordinary team based mechanic that helps make the game stand out. Highly recommended.
  35. Dec 19, 2021
    I like karts racing games, so I was eager to play this one. It is doubtlessly worse than Crash Team Racing (which, from my point of view, is the best karts racing game ever, even better than Mario Kart), and even worse than Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, but it is still a good game. I do not like the fact that races require you to play in teams, because I think it makes the game moreI like karts racing games, so I was eager to play this one. It is doubtlessly worse than Crash Team Racing (which, from my point of view, is the best karts racing game ever, even better than Mario Kart), and even worse than Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, but it is still a good game. I do not like the fact that races require you to play in teams, because I think it makes the game more luck-based. All the same, gameplay is fine enough once you are used to it and there is a good range of tracks and characters to choose. Online mode works properly as well, as far as I have been able to check. Expand
  36. FQN
    Jun 21, 2019
    Muitos jogadores torceram o nariz quando o Team Sonic Racing teria o foco em equipes do que solo. Para que não deu a chance, não sabe o que está perdendo. A Sega e Sumo Digital foram corajosas e inovadoras em trazer um jogo com um gameplay bastante viciante e desafiante. Como sempre, e é de praxe na franquia Sonic Racing, o jogo tem uma bela trilha sonora, mas achei o trabalho inferior aosMuitos jogadores torceram o nariz quando o Team Sonic Racing teria o foco em equipes do que solo. Para que não deu a chance, não sabe o que está perdendo. A Sega e Sumo Digital foram corajosas e inovadoras em trazer um jogo com um gameplay bastante viciante e desafiante. Como sempre, e é de praxe na franquia Sonic Racing, o jogo tem uma bela trilha sonora, mas achei o trabalho inferior aos outros jogos da franquia. Os gráficos estão muito bons e correndo a 60fps! Algumas pistas o level design encanta e outras nem tanto. É bom ressaltar que as pistas tem mais obstáculos, ondulações, rotas de fuga e atalhos criativos.

Mas o que encanta mesmo Team Sonic Racing é o gameplay. Jogar em equipe realmente lhe traz uma boa dose de diversão e humor. Já que os personagens conversam entre si e comentam as situações das pistas. E as mecânicas da equipe funcionam muito bem. Outro ponto positivo é a dificuldade no modo campanha do game. Conseguir as três estrelas e a platina em cada missão vai deixar seus cabelos brancos de tanta raiva. Fora isso temos as customizações dos veículos, que você ganha gastando a moeda do jogo. O interessante que as modificações dos layouts dos veículos também influenciam no desempenho do veículo. Isso é fundamental em algumas situações de jogo. Por exemplo, você pode deixar seu veículo mais resistente para não sofrer dano contra um obstáculo da pista ou mesmo nas rochas que são criadas pelos seus inimigos.

Agora vamos falar do ponto negativo, infelizmente temos uma quantidade de apenas 15 personagens. Realmente é pouco para uma franquia tão recheada de personagens icônicos. Nem reclamo da quantidade de pistas, que achei até satisfatório, mas a falta de pelo menos 18 personagens fazia diferença. Outra coisa que não gostei foi o modo online, o game não lhe dá escolha de salas. Você apenas faz login online e cai na sala disponível e ponto. Uma pena mesmo. Mas de toda maneira o online funciona e a salas sempre estão cheias.

Portanto, Team Sonic Racing é um excelente jogo que vai agradar a todos. Gráficos, sons e gameplay estão na melhor fase da franquia. Sonic Racing Transformed é ainda o jogo de Kart Racing a ser batido. Se talvez um Team Sonic Racing 2 melhorar a questão de quantidade de personagens e colocar mais pistas também, quem sabe supera o tão querido Sonic Racing Transformed.
  37. May 25, 2019
    Very solid kart racer. Better than most out there. Jammin soundtrack, and even the opening which i originally wasnt fond of is growing on me. (Crush 40 still jams)
  38. Mar 2, 2022
    This game is rigged to be nearly impossible because of luck, local team is impossible even on the easiest difficulty because getting stuck with one teamate who sucks, games based on luck are terrible i pick the car with highest top speed and easily stay in last place, my attacks almost always miss while everyone else seems to hit even when it shouldnt be able to, ive played one of theThis game is rigged to be nearly impossible because of luck, local team is impossible even on the easiest difficulty because getting stuck with one teamate who sucks, games based on luck are terrible i pick the car with highest top speed and easily stay in last place, my attacks almost always miss while everyone else seems to hit even when it shouldnt be able to, ive played one of the previous games and it was way better than this, the only thing i kind of like is the upgrades for vehicles but it is unbalanced. Expand
  39. May 22, 2019
    Team Sonic Racing is getting hit pieces as usual from certain news outlets that can't let mario kart go. I would be willing to do a 1 on 1 debate with these websites about it. Take the gamesradar review which basically said the game was hot garbage and did it no justice, I debated this on my channel and gave actual facts about the game. For example, they said that the drifting feelsTeam Sonic Racing is getting hit pieces as usual from certain news outlets that can't let mario kart go. I would be willing to do a 1 on 1 debate with these websites about it. Take the gamesradar review which basically said the game was hot garbage and did it no justice, I debated this on my channel and gave actual facts about the game. For example, they said that the drifting feels clunky, unresponsive, and the game didn't motivate you to do so. I proceeded to hold a drift for half of an entire lap in my gameplay on this video and zoomed by my opponents to show that this article has no idea what they are talking about. In addition, there are many points they brought up that are "cons" about Team Sonic Racing that they would call "Pros" about Mario Kart. Theres a lot of bias going on and sonic gets the boot from the media again.
  40. Jun 22, 2019
    Team sonic racing it's a game from somo digital and they mix the gameplay between sonic heroes and sonic and all stars games but with sonic characters only this game brought a new mechanic for the kart game the team mechanic is so smoth the team ultimate is amazing in my opinion team sonic racing is better than crash team racing you must buy this game
  41. May 29, 2019
    Ótimo jogo,não é tão original quanto Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed,mais ainda assim é um jogo muito divertido,a trilha sonora como sempre é ótima,os gráficos são muito bons,jogabilidade boa também,se você gosta de Sonic e Corrida,vai sem medo,jogo muito bom
  42. Mar 8, 2021
    Excellent racing and awesome team work mechanism! Fun, fast and arcade. That's all we need with my team mates. Thanks Sega!

Note: for me it's more enjoyable than the big rival. Faster and more arcade thanks for the outstanding Sonic music and pimps.
  43. Apr 9, 2021
    Cool game, better than Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. I like music in this game she is energetic and fit for the game.
    I also like the system of helping each other in a 3-person team, it's something new and cool compared to the previous game with sonic with cars
  44. Jul 24, 2021
    Amazing kart racing game it does so much to innovate the game before is better but it's amazing and does enough to be different from mario kart
  45. Mar 1, 2022
    People are overrating this game so bad on here. The game is barely average. It's quite lackluster. It would have been 50x better having an online coop campaign. Who wants to play a coop-made game in single player alone? Seems so lame. AI sucks.
  46. Apr 23, 2022
    Team Sonic Racing might not be able to stand up against Mario Kart but it still offers an enjoyable racing experience with plenty of nostalgia for fans of the series.
  47. Apr 13, 2022
    I just don't get it. Sonic is fast... why is he in a car? I get the gimmick of putting well established characters from a huge franchise in easy-to-sell types of games, but this makes no sense at all. Just run lil' blue bro. It's what you do.

The gameplay is decent but far too simple and arcadey for my taste. On a technical level everything is just alright. Surprise - there is no plot. It's always 3 lines of exposition followed by a few races. Cutscenes ? Not a chance.
    The servers are absolutely dead so there is no online. But still....

Why the **** is Sonic driving a car? A confused 4/10
  48. May 21, 2019
    The game has beautiful graphics, innovative track design, and a unique cast of sonic characters. The items are similar to Mario Kart's so that's a plus and there's a fun story mode that makes earning customizable pieces entertaining.
  49. May 22, 2019
    Amazing visuals! Amazing gameplay! Amazing music! Only let donw is characters but the game has a story to make up for it.
  50. May 30, 2019
    Os jogos anteriores sega e Sonic racer eram bons (principalmente o Transformed) já este parece que regrediu. Tem cara de ser o primeiro desta série, realmente não entendi.
  51. Aug 24, 2019
    Esse jogo é incrivel eu amo team sonic racing os graficos saincriveis o é curto mas ele é bom mas tem usn retardados que fala que jogo merda que merda o que o jogo é foda!
  52. Sep 11, 2019
    A fun and engaging game that can distract you from the bad modern Sonic games.
  53. Nov 13, 2019
    Fun at times but the gimmick isn't worth it. If you want your CPU team to succeed all you have to do is give your items to your teammates constantly. It looks good but is underwhelming
  54. Jan 24, 2020
    after my disappointment with Sonic Forces, I went to play this game without much expectations, with that, I ended up liking the game.
    It's really fun, simple and beautiful, but there's nothing to do after finishing the adventure mode, which is pretty bland.
    I almost can't play online and the game doesn't come close to the quality of All stars racing transformed, but you can have fun locally with friends, that's already a good size for me.
  55. Apr 15, 2020
    Very simple, but still very enjoyable. It won't blow you away with anything, but it's a very solid game.
  56. Feb 10, 2020
    o melhor jogo de kart que já joguei, atrás apenas do all stars racing transformed.team sonic racing é um excelente jogo com uma ótima seleção de personagens, uma ótima trilha sonora, ótimas custonomizações para os carros,corridas empolgante, um ótimo modo história na minha opinião.
    com certeza esse jogo merece 10/10
  57. Jun 25, 2020
    Even though the game starts off very frenetic, it quickly becomes repetitive. The team system is interesting, but it's poorly executed. It's not a bad game, but turns monotonous so fast that by half of the campaign, you don't feel like you want to finish it. The tracks, with some exceptions, are not that inspired at all. At least, the soundtrack is totally badass. Probably the best thingEven though the game starts off very frenetic, it quickly becomes repetitive. The team system is interesting, but it's poorly executed. It's not a bad game, but turns monotonous so fast that by half of the campaign, you don't feel like you want to finish it. The tracks, with some exceptions, are not that inspired at all. At least, the soundtrack is totally badass. Probably the best thing in the game. It's a very "ok" game, not worth buying it unless its price is U$15 or less. Expand
  58. Sep 11, 2021
    A very good game, great job Sumo Digital but ... SEGA ... so, I think you forgot about that game.
    It had the potential to surpass its predecessor (Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed), SEGA abandoned the title and did not include updates, to add more characters, more tracks, more vehicle modification parts. What about online? Well just for decoration, because nobody enters the lobby, even the "Transformed" game from 2012 has its online active until today.
    Team Sonic Racing is a great game, but one that SEGA left out. Obviously it is not worth the full price, buy it only on sale.
    Buy this game thinking it doesn't exist online, play it as if it were a PS2 era game down, it's a good and fun game to play with friends at home, but online, just calling your friend who also has the game
  59. Jul 25, 2020
    Hell yeah this is the best racing game ever!!! I really like this game cuz it looks so
    beautifull and Crush 40 is back!! This game is so fun and i want to see more games doing the same thing with this new Team mode. But if mario kart steals it i WOULD Hate!! Nintendo! (But not zelda)
    pls sumo and pls sega do an second game of this. (i finished the game yesterday) BYEE!! :P
  60. Sep 11, 2021
    this game is great racing and sonic game. This is the first great sonic game since generations.
  61. Mar 2, 2021
    Amazing game! Campaign mode's quite challenging. Exciting musics. They made tracks for every screen in game. Can be played co-op solo or with friends on couch, also on-line.
    Only problem with frame rate falls on PS4 classic.
  62. Aug 28, 2021
    to be honest CTR and Mario Kart are better games, but this game is not so bad, it has different modes from those two games
  63. Jul 17, 2021
    Really fun and creative racer. Sega and Sumo put a lot of effort into this one, and it clearly shows. Each character is unique, and the race tracks have various incentives to play as the other characters. Overall, worth playing!
  64. Mar 12, 2022
    A blind man could make a better racing game in half the time, for half the price and it would still be better then this trash
  65. Dec 31, 2021
    Team Sonic Racing offers a thrilling twist to the arcade racing genre. It's team-based gameplay is interesting yet rather exploitable. The game's tracks are expertly designed. There is a story mode with plenty of missions. It can get rather challenging and frustrating. The game's cutscenes are png's of Sonic characters with voice acting, which is kinda cheap. I wish that SEGA went andTeam Sonic Racing offers a thrilling twist to the arcade racing genre. It's team-based gameplay is interesting yet rather exploitable. The game's tracks are expertly designed. There is a story mode with plenty of missions. It can get rather challenging and frustrating. The game's cutscenes are png's of Sonic characters with voice acting, which is kinda cheap. I wish that SEGA went and gave the game more support after it released. New tracks, content and customisation would be been nice. The game is decent. I would be hesitant to say that it's better than Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed but its decent nonetheless. Expand
  66. Feb 14, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While Team Sonic Racing (PS4 Version) is the third best version after the XBOX ONE version and Switch version where you team up with two other people to play, and I think it'll be a great game, because it has some parts I like where you can explore new maps with awesome music, and how you can also earn stuff that can customize your car, and the game-play of the game, and the items are useful but their wisps since they support you in Sonic Colours, but I don't like the fact that if you get in first place and your teammate place was around 7th place, it'll bring you down, but I'll say this is a great game for racing and fun for people, so I'll give it a 9/10. Expand
  67. Mar 3, 2022
    This is just a bad SEGA and Sonic All Stars Racing but take out the ‘SEGA AND’ part. Play Mario Kart or SEGA All Stars instead.
  68. Mar 7, 2022
    Super fun and underrated! Don’t skip on this title, the new team mechanics are on point and always fresh, graphics are pretty, and most importantly the gameplay‘s fun
  69. Mar 11, 2022
    This is a very good kart racer with the team system it feels fresh and exciting if you have a good team of friends its a blast boosting each other and getting the team to the finish line. it has good tracks awesome graphics and art style and it has no micro transactions would recommend for any one who likes Mario kart, Crash team racing and the like
  70. May 13, 2022
    The story is told in text boxes and you do the same races over and over again. Very boring gameplay! The tracks are boring to and very bad desighned. The stats of the cars arr fake. I have a car with max speed and other cars without boost pass me very easy. WTF?!
    Sometimes you get hit by nothing and loose all rings. Never see such an unbalanced game like this! In championchip i won every race but i loose the championchip because of the stupid team AI! Making win or loose in racing games a random thing of luck is not a good idea!
    On Stage 6-3 you have to do a optional bonus race on silver to progress in game! The web is full of comments that many player cant do this and they quit, same as me. Its enough Sega! Time to deleate this piece of software junk!
  71. Apr 15, 2022
    Um game desafiador e divertido. Historinha sem graça, mas quem liga?? É um jogo de corrida dos moldes de clones descentes do Mario Kart.
  72. Jul 12, 2022
    A good kart-racing game that adds a few of its own features to differentiate it from the usual suspects. These features run together to make a snappy, fun experience overall. The gameplay of it rocks, but without kickass music or story to bring me back, its only good for a single playthrough. I'm glad I played the game, but it's not game of the year or anything.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 76 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 9, 2019
    I really enjoyed Team Sonic Racing. The team mechanics make the kart racing feel fresh and help the game stand out from the other kart racers out there. The track design captures the fun and spirit of the Sonic universe, and the races are every bit as fast as they should be. If you're looking for fast and fun kart racing, take Team Sonic Racing out for a spin.
  2. Jun 28, 2019
    Team Sonic Racing is not just a kart game with tight mechanics. By introducing teamwork as the core element of its gameplay, it becomes a racing game with its own unique appeal. Its lengthy and diverse adventure mode could teach Mario Kart a few lessons too.
  3. Jun 24, 2019
    Overall, Team Sonic Racing is a fun and inventive racing game that puts a nice spin on it with focus on team cooperation. Cooperate with your teammates, blaze through the tracks, and work together to gear up and speed up.