8.0

1. Dec 19, 2018
    You're probably wondering how Tetris could be worth £30 right? Trust me, this is the best game I have bought in 2018, it is so addictive, so enjoyable. Always asking questions of your talent, and begging you to have one more go. Insta buy status. I haven't even tried it in VR yet.
  2. Nov 9, 2018
    No review can sum up the magic of this game. Even if you arent a puzzle game fan, try it. You wont regret it.
  3. Nov 11, 2018
    When I played the demo briefly I thought it was a good gimmick but would not keep me entertained. I was wrong. This is a worthy successor to Tetris. It's actually Tetris like it should be in 2018. The weird part is that it feels and plays like Tetris but you experience it as a totally different game.

The visuals are weird but great and accompanied by a very good soundtrack with matching sound effects make this game worth buying. The presentation is very inviting and clean. This is what I would call an AAA puzzler!

The only thing I have to warn you about: It's very addictive
  4. Nov 10, 2018
    Tetris Effect has exceeded my already high expectations of being not only one of the best PSVR titles to release but also the best virtual reality experience ever. The addictive gameplay mixed with eye-watering visuals and music creates a gaming experience that will haunt me in my dreams for many nights to come. After all, the game is named after the strangest phenomena in entertainment.
  5. Nov 10, 2018
    Awesome game! beautiful music and visual effects! a piece of art very recommended, a local or online multiplayer would be very good to play with friends, Excellent job in this game
  6. Nov 14, 2018
    Tetris Effect is easily one of the greatest versions of Tetris ever released. It's also one of the best VR games ever released. With incredible visuals and music, it's an experience you shouldn't miss whether or not you own a PSVR. Though if you don't, you should consider it for this alone. The only real con is that it's short, but with a bunch of modes and difficulty levels it shoulf lastTetris Effect is easily one of the greatest versions of Tetris ever released. It's also one of the best VR games ever released. With incredible visuals and music, it's an experience you shouldn't miss whether or not you own a PSVR. Though if you don't, you should consider it for this alone. The only real con is that it's short, but with a bunch of modes and difficulty levels it shoulf last you a fair while...especially if you're a completionist. Expand
  7. Nov 12, 2018
    This game is the best Tetris game you will ever find. Stunning visuals, perfect music/sounds.

This is a must-buy for everyone that likes Tetris.
  8. Nov 9, 2018
    Tetris finally became art
    It may not have a direct online multiplayer or local, but it compensates on music, visuals and apresentation
  9. Nov 10, 2018
    Best version of Tetris ever created and an amaxing experience in VR akin to thumper and REZ infinite. You enter a zen state that is almost opiate like. Everything is top notch aside from the high price but I don't regret a single cent, it's just so damn addicting, chill and at times heart pumping. If you like Tetris or liked REZ/Thumper this is a must buy if you don't mind the price.
  10. Nov 12, 2018
    ....................... TETRIS ist a perfect game. ........................
  11. Nov 9, 2018
    This game has some awesome effects. It is one of the best PSVR experiences. I also like the playlists and how they are set by mood. But it has no multiplayer, not even local. $40 is bit too much, and I expect multiplayer at that price.
  12. Nov 11, 2018
    It's a shiny Tetris game. 4K and HDR, or VR do not make Tetris "more fun". The dynamic soundtrack and visuals don't add much either. I think they missed a huge opportunity to re-release Teterisphere, especially in VR. A much overlooked entry in the vast # of Tetris games, this game would have looked great with new visuals/music/gameplay. They could've added a Tetris game with the package.It's a shiny Tetris game. 4K and HDR, or VR do not make Tetris "more fun". The dynamic soundtrack and visuals don't add much either. I think they missed a huge opportunity to re-release Teterisphere, especially in VR. A much overlooked entry in the vast # of Tetris games, this game would have looked great with new visuals/music/gameplay. They could've added a Tetris game with the package. However, for the price tag, Tetris Effect is a no go. Expand
  13. Nov 12, 2018
    This is one of the best if not the best version of tetris to date, if you love gameplay you need to get it, but is not only about gameplay it's a completely a new experience a burst of music and light, having PSVR makes it a must buy.
  14. Dec 20, 2018
    Even for a Tetris game this is a very unique way of presenting it. The combination of music to go along with how well you're doing in the board is great. Some of the animations though can block what you're doing on screen sometimes, and I've lost a couple of times because it was moving so fast and I couldn't see where I was dropping a piece due to that. However this is a game that is veryEven for a Tetris game this is a very unique way of presenting it. The combination of music to go along with how well you're doing in the board is great. Some of the animations though can block what you're doing on screen sometimes, and I've lost a couple of times because it was moving so fast and I couldn't see where I was dropping a piece due to that. However this is a game that is very soothing and works well to help wind a person down from a long day. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys Tetris even a little bit. Expand
  15. Dec 20, 2018
    The visuals and music fit perfectly to create the best version of Tetris. One of the few games to really take advantage of HDR. I don't have PSVR, but the game is great on its own. This is the type of game I will be pulling out to play at least once a week or so as a palate cleanser from all the FPS & action games I play. Plus, I picked it up for 20 bucks which should have been theThe visuals and music fit perfectly to create the best version of Tetris. One of the few games to really take advantage of HDR. I don't have PSVR, but the game is great on its own. This is the type of game I will be pulling out to play at least once a week or so as a palate cleanser from all the FPS & action games I play. Plus, I picked it up for 20 bucks which should have been the original price. Expand
  16. Nov 29, 2018
    I was hesitant to spend £35 on Tetris, even after playing the Demo, but now have spent 7.5 hours so far playing it (+ about 2 hours on the demo).
    Yes it is just Tetris, but played on a board the size of a house, and with fantastic audio and beautiful visuals.
    I have enjoyed every second I have been playing this game, and I honestly can't say that about many AAA games, as they have their dull moments. This is not the case with Tetris Effect. It is wonderful from the moment you start.
  17. Jan 8, 2019
    Much more than Tetris. This game is a Synesthesia Symphony. A multisensory experience that triggers one sense by stimulating another. It MUST be played.

1. Dec 17, 2018
    Tetris Effect is a well-designed new generation Tetris game with gorgeous visuals. It would be even greater if it were to include any multiplayer features.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 12, 2018
    Tetris Effect and PS VR go together like ham and eggs. It’s the perfect pairing of tech and game design. Don’t have a headset? You can still join in but you’re missing out on the definitive way to play. [Issue#157, p.92]
  3. Dec 11, 2018
    Tetris Effect is a beautiful journey to the rhythm of blocks falling that provides the ultimate means of escapism.