5.5

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Jun 30, 2018
    While the idea for The Crew is an interesting one, the result is bland and boring. It's really difficult to pinpoint the reason why the game is bad because there are so many problems with it.

The driving is not surprisingly the best part of the game. The driving physics however are as confused as the rest. It's neither arcade nor simulation. It has very noticeable random input lag that makes it impossible to enjoy (PS4). The cars don't feel like they have weight or momentum, it's just skidding around in a mix between hovercraft and boxcar. This extends to the off-road races and the really bad motorcycle implementation.

Jumping into a plane comes with it's own caveats. Most notably exposing the flat and boring looking world. Controls are no better here and doing tricks to impress your followers can get frustrating because the game will not recognize combos for some odd reason whenever it feels like it. Aerobatics planes are not nimble enough and fast planes are simply frustrating.

The worst mode of transportation is the boat. It has virtually no mechanics other than Nitro Boost and it feels sluggish. There are no real water physics or waves. Jumps have no weight and only slow you down while the point of all the boring water events is to simply GO FAST! Utterly disappointing.

If that was not enough, the UI designer should be publicly tared and feathered for the atrocity he produced. The whole interface of this game is confused and unnecessarily complicated. It's not the retro 80's style which is oddly quite refreshing to look at, it's the sheer stupidity and immersion breaking aspect that makes this the worst UI i have seen by a AAA game in a long time.

Anything you do will rip you out of your game experience into a loading full screen menu totally stopping the action and immersion. It should be used as an example of how not to design a game UI.

Overall the game is a generic racing game that due to it's ambitious map size suffers in the detail department and due to it's jack of all trades multi vehicle gimmick produces only a mediocre experience.

It might be worth coming back to in 6-12 months when this Early Access release has fully matured and got a few very needed updates. Until then, stay away from it.
  2. Jul 22, 2018
    While the setup is certainly intriguing, The Crew 2 never comes anywhere close to sticking the landing. The second iteration of The Crew sees your bland protagonist switching seamlessly between, street, offload, air, and water races that span the entire United States. Obviously, the map isn't to scale, but one of the few high points in my play through was watching the scenery change as IWhile the setup is certainly intriguing, The Crew 2 never comes anywhere close to sticking the landing. The second iteration of The Crew sees your bland protagonist switching seamlessly between, street, offload, air, and water races that span the entire United States. Obviously, the map isn't to scale, but one of the few high points in my play through was watching the scenery change as I traveled from coast to coast. While each city definitely has a distinct look to it, each environment is so completely lifeless that the only difference between racing through Norfolk and racing through New York are the visuals. Speaking of things that are completely devoid of personality, the voice acting in this game is absolutely atrocious - think Matthew Perry in Fallout: New Vegas, but instead of just one guy that you have to talk to a few times, it's every character and they never stop talking. Just awful. The vehicle selection is fine, but the prices on a lot of the vehicles seem artificially inflated to tempt you into buying Crew Bux or whatever they're called. The only problem with that is that other than speed, just about everything that I drove (comparing vehicles of the same type, of course) felt very similar. Also, as other reviewers have mentioned, The Crew 2 features some pretty egregious rubberbanding, so don't be shocked when that shiny new GT-R you just bought gets overtaken by a Fiat. The artificial difficulty curve felt a little less heinous in the plane and boat races, but I gave up on those pretty quickly because they were just too dull to hold my interest for very long. Perhaps the devs can fix some of these issues in a future patch, but for now I can't recommend this game as anything other than a "rent - but only if you're really desperate and there's nothing better to choose from."

utterly lifeless and devoid of personality.

From the egregious rubber banding to the cringeworthy NPC chatter that is seemingly in your ear at all times,
  3. Jun 29, 2018
    Better than the first but still quite shoddy handling controls. Giant empty world, really fun for about 4-5 hours then you start seeing the sub par quality.
  4. Jul 1, 2018
    Quick Fire Review: The Crew 2 -

Quick Fire Review: The Crew 2 -

A reboot of the first game that functions worse. Horrendous rubberbanding that artificially increases difficulty. The ability to fast travel everywhere immediately therefore removing any incentive to explore making the giant map rather redundant. No PvP until DECEMBER! Mind you this is an online only racing game where the core mechanic is racing with friends yet there's no competitive modes whatsoever where as the first game had it right out the gate. The plane sections are no more than time trials, same as the off-road raids (which weren't in the first game). Cops are advertised but absent. Having said all that it does look pretty on the XB1X at 1800p. Yay! Though after watching comparison videos there are sections of the game that actually received a visual downgrade when viewed side by side with the original. Oh and the follower progression system is a blatant rip-off of Forza Horizon 3's system which this game clearly strives to be but falls woefully short.
  5. Jan 6, 2020
    Terrible leveldesign, terrible car physics, terrible optimization for ps4 (game crashing every 40 min) absurd distribution cars for classes (like there is ruf ctr3 a hypercar but it’s available inly in drift version, who tf will using mid engine supercar for DRIFT, you morons?!)
    Boats and airplanes usless
  6. Aug 29, 2020
    The game itself is not bad, but it could be better. Much better. If the game's developers and directors and producers paid more attention to gameplay and mechanics rather than looking only at the beauty and quantity of cars to increase sales.
  7. Aug 30, 2018
    I love racing games and love to play them but this one is a disaster, sure it has a big open world to race on but it lacks on so many things. Most noticeable the graphics and the gameplay. The Crew was way better than this one. with small details from The Crew didn't end up in the sequel and just made the whole game really boring. if you want to play the Crew just stick with the one thatI love racing games and love to play them but this one is a disaster, sure it has a big open world to race on but it lacks on so many things. Most noticeable the graphics and the gameplay. The Crew was way better than this one. with small details from The Crew didn't end up in the sequel and just made the whole game really boring. if you want to play the Crew just stick with the one that came out in 2014, its a whole lot better than this unrealistic collision game. Expand
  8. Sep 5, 2018
    Demasiado árcade,la mecánica y física del juego son ridículas. Tiene una historia poco inmersiva y aburrida, los gráficos son buenos sin llegar a ser gran cosa. No lo recomiendo a jugadores que busquen un mínimo de diversión y ni mucho menos a los que busquen realismo
  9. Oct 9, 2018
    Looks garbage.
    Feels garbage.
    Is garbage.

**** vehicle handling. Worse voice acting. Vomit inducing story. And the loading times??! Jesus christ ..
  10. Dec 15, 2018
    минусы: гринд , убогая физика , плохая оптимизация(900p + 30 fps и сжатое изображение)
    плюсы: хорошая музыка , большой автопарк
    Вывод: покупать не рекомендую из за убогой оптимизации чуть глаза не вылезли. Игра стала большим разочарованием, в первую часть наиграл 130 часов.
    плюсы: хорошая музыка , большой автопарк
  11. Sep 20, 2020
    The driving mechanics aren’t that good way too stiff.
    Level design is not good (trees, catching guards and stuff barely avoidable in cornering.)
    AI vehicles are the worst you don’t see them very well as they blend in or spawn in late. The dialogue is extremely corny. UI is bad with many loading screens as it teleports you’re character to a pointless garage. The balancing is horrible
    The driving mechanics aren’t that good way too stiff.
    The dialogue is extremely corny.

The balancing is horrible upgrade systems everywhere upgrades to upgrades on you’re upgraded parts.

Pros: huge map, great licensed cars and I had fun doing the miscellaneous side activities.
  12. Jun 26, 2018
    Кошмарная графика, никакая физика и 118 заездов на карте размером со страну???? Ubisoft издевается???
  13. Jul 1, 2018
    Complete lack of content on release. No landmarks, scarce skill challenges, no PVP until December. The rubberbanding in this game is dismal and extremely annoying. There's no point levelling cars up when the AI can just over take you even if you've done everything correctly. And levelling up cars is all they expect you to do until December.
  14. May 3, 2020
    Did you like the revolutionary blue navigation system from the first game? It's gone and has been replaced with a tiny completely useless route on a mini map. So while you drive 200mph and make constant turns, you can take your eyes off the road to check the minimap.

Did you like the exploring monuments? Gone. Did you like uncovering the map as you explore? Gone. Did you enjoy

Did you like the exploring monuments? Gone.

Did you like uncovering the map as you explore? Gone.

Did you enjoy upgrading cars through skills? Gone.

Did you enjoy all of the skills plastered around map? Gone.

No PvP at launch. Aweful handling. Unrealistic collision.

But at least they kept the rubberbanding.
  15. Jul 18, 2019
    Pros:
    -Big world
    -Multiple styles of transport -Decent assortment of vehicles -Graphics look ok Cons: -World feels empty, kept using fast travel because driving was just not worth it -Cars feel vague and wobbly -Boats and planes mainly just boring -Ai and rubberbanding in the races is ridiculously broken -Upgrades are lootbox-like and feel very unrewarding -Unlocking vehicles
    Pros:
    -Big world
    -Multiple styles of transport
    -Decent assortment of vehicles
    -Graphics look ok

Cons:
    -Cars feel vague and wobbly
    -Boats and planes mainly just boring
    -Ai and rubberbanding in the races is ridiculously broken
    -Upgrades are lootbox-like and feel very unrewarding
    -Unlocking vehicles is quite slow
    -Style and ''story'' got a very annoying social media style which feels really tryhard
    -Some menus and features are really unintuítive (I had to google how to restart a race)

All in all the game is a step down in every way from it's predecessor (which was decent imo). It was the first bad game in a while that didn't just fail technically or in execution but which literally started to anger me.
  16. Jan 1, 2019
    This review if for anyone using a wheel. I'm using a Thrustmaster T150. This review was written 6 months after The Crew 2 was released.

I tried to watch a lot of reviews for this game before buying it on sale for $20... It is pretty much the only open world racing game we have on PS4 other than Need for Speed. After they released the PVP gameplay I decided to give it a shot. I might be a little bias because I am coming from a racing simulator (Gran Turismo Sport), but this game has one major flaw that makes it unplayable for me, and that is the steering wheel support. Xbox players have Forza Horizon 4 which apparently has decent steering wheel support for an open world game, and Gran Turismo Sport just SHINES with its realism and top notch steering wheel response by default. I really feel like I'm driving with that game. Anyway The Crew 2 just feels... well like a joke to be honest. It feels like they didn't care about wheel support at all. I'm using a T150 and it suffers from 2 major flaws. One is that there is no way to map the controls to your liking (which is also an issue for the standard controller, more on this later) but the force feedback is almost nonexistent. This results in a game that doesn't even feel worthy of being called an arcade racer. You can't change camera controls easily using the wheel, because the standard controller buttons for changing camera (right on the d-pad), I kid you not, actually turns the car on the steering wheel... I'm not joking, the directional buttons on the STEERING WHEEL turns the car... Instead of doing something, I don't know, useful? Like changing the camera? Which is what it does on the regular controller? I wish I could change it but... You know, no custom mapping allowed. Someone actually changed the buttons for the steering wheel controls and said "Yeah, I guess some people might use these to steer with..." Unbelievable mapping issues with this game... The problem with the force feedback is that it doesn't engage unless you've just had a major accident making the driving in this game feel SUPER unrealistic. The auto centering is almost nonexistent, and there is some resistance to the wheel by default. So you literally have to struggle with the wheel to center after taking a turn. Its hilarious and bad. The old arcade racers from the 90's felt better than this! I got this game from using my Sony rewards points. If I had actually paid $20 dollars for this experience, or heaven forbid $60, I would feel like a bum (Not insulting anyone who purchased this, but don't you feel like you lost out on $20 worth of cheeseburgers? or candy? Imagine how many Cheeseburgers you could buy with $60!)

As for the mapping issues with the standard controller, its best to compare to Gran Turismo Sport... Let me give you an example... When braking before a turn, you should be downshifting, and while using a sequential gearbox (not traditional manual, for this instance) you don't necessarily need to release your foot from the throttle when upshifting... let's just say we're using paddle shifters for this example. Anyways, The Crew 2 actually decided to map the shift buttons as L1 and R1, which means, guess what, you won't be downshifting while braking! Its insane, all they need to do to fix this is allow custom mapping. Add that and better force feedback support and this game might be playable, but its 6 months after release... I'm not holding my breath. I'll stick with the racing sims I can respect and love thank you very much.

I wish you guys at Ubisoft could just get The Crew games right... You have such a good idea but fail every single time. The first one suffered from bad DLC issues and those terrible crates which made it unplayable as an open world game "Hey! You have a free police car! Don't forget to pick it up from the shop!" But you only get the free police car if you pay $20 in DLC... "HEHEHE I can't wait for our target audience (Which is apparently toddlers because this game is seriously sophomoric for a racing game" to be fooled into buying the DLC for their free car!" Seriously I'm surprised you guys didn't get sued from that one...

Anyways I own the game now and in the slim chance the guys at Ubisoft fix these 2 game breaking issues, I'll rewrite the review to be more fitting. I've wanted to like The Crew since the original one, but Ubisoft just can't deliver a good product... This game is for children. I wish they spent more time on the driving aspect and less on adding planes, boats, helicopters, hovercraft, and bikes. Which is actually the only reason I added 2 points to this review. Its got a good variety of vehicles to drive. Too bad the racing is terrible. I wonder if the airplanes are compatible with the Thrustmaster Hotas? I'm thinking about getting that... Will update as appropriate.
  17. Jul 6, 2018
    The map is improved over the first game, and the new vehicle types are a welcome change, but overall this feels more like DLC than an actual new game. The new navigation system is a tremendous step back from the previous game, and the removal of monuments is a baffling omission. The biggest sin this game commits,however, is that is managed to make every race in the game an absolute chore.The map is improved over the first game, and the new vehicle types are a welcome change, but overall this feels more like DLC than an actual new game. The new navigation system is a tremendous step back from the previous game, and the removal of monuments is a baffling omission. The biggest sin this game commits,however, is that is managed to make every race in the game an absolute chore. The combination of rubberband AI, poor navigation, and horrible controls suck the fun out of every single race. Prepare to make one mistake during a race that runs anywhere from two to twenty minutes and fail the race. This is a racing game and the racing is the worst part of the game. Expand
  18. Jul 3, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought the game yesterday, started off with a really corny intro about how they need viewers and you could be the thing that brings live to the top. Then afterwords the story just drops off there. No guidance on where to go next or anything like that. It's quite a bad game, worst investment ever. Expand
  19. Dec 27, 2020
    One of dumbest most frustrating games I have ever played. I love racing games, but the Crew 2 was a constant frustration fest. The IU is abysmal and since it's all online, your inputs take forever and then if you push the wrong button, well then you are really screwed cause the game will take you somewhere else but then you have to wait 20 seconds. I could not even process after a fewOne of dumbest most frustrating games I have ever played. I love racing games, but the Crew 2 was a constant frustration fest. The IU is abysmal and since it's all online, your inputs take forever and then if you push the wrong button, well then you are really screwed cause the game will take you somewhere else but then you have to wait 20 seconds. I could not even process after a few races cause the game is so aggravating. Complete waste of money even for $20. Expand
  20. Apr 8, 2021
    Do not buy this game not worth it!!!!
    Even if its free dont dowload!!!!!!!!
  21. Jun 30, 2018
    Requires playstation network login / a stable internet connection at all times; this means if PSN is busy, or you have some wi-fi issues now and then, the game is really unplayable. Returned to store.
  22. Jul 9, 2018
    generally very poor and i'm disappointed. looks like a ps3 game on screen (regular ps4 user). nothing innovative or interesting. vehicles handle poorly. just don't bother!
  23. Sep 24, 2020
    Omg it's so f****** sh**y game xD I'v never played game which was so bad xD worst spent money
  24. Aug 17, 2019
    This game is worse than bad! Bought it for ~13$ and I still feel it like a total waste of money! Nothing is enjoyable, everything is broken, they manage to screw up even the simplest street race you can play. Stay away from this game!
  25. Jul 11, 2021
    Confusing and misleading navigation system made me go to a wrong way and found there is no menu for reset the race even go back to title menu. Stupid UI.
    Unreasonable recommendation of level. In hard difficulty recommending 210lv, a 243lv vehicle cannot even chase up with others.
    1/10 for good graphics.
  26. Apr 5, 2021
    Слишком много багов. Что за проработка текстур? Почему любое здание за городом выглядит ущербно? Ужасная реализация про класса.
  27. Jul 1, 2018
    Just another Ubisoft title that goes straight into trash can, filled with almost every other Ubisoft title released in recent memory, typical bland,boring, average, empty, overpriced rubbish, which is now the hallmark of Ubisoft. Don’t be fooled by any positive reviews, it’s just the Ubisoft paid shill army, who overhype their typical trash. Wait 3 months and it will be in the 75% off binJust another Ubisoft title that goes straight into trash can, filled with almost every other Ubisoft title released in recent memory, typical bland,boring, average, empty, overpriced rubbish, which is now the hallmark of Ubisoft. Don’t be fooled by any positive reviews, it’s just the Ubisoft paid shill army, who overhype their typical trash. Wait 3 months and it will be in the 75% off bin with all the other Ubisoft crud. Expand
  28. Jul 10, 2018
    Seriously disappointed after several hours playing this game.
    I pre-ordered this game because a friend of mine loved the first one but...
    - Graphics are simply bad, flat, poor. Buildings look like a cube with a simple texture on it. - Collisions are a joke, no visible damages on your car, even if you crash at full speed. You can pass through bushes but the most simple barrier will stop
    Seriously disappointed after several hours playing this game.
    I pre-ordered this game because a friend of mine loved the first one but...
    - Collisions are a joke, no visible damages on your car, even if you crash at full speed. You can pass through bushes but the most simple barrier will stop you directly.
    - There is no real difference driving on the road or grass or anything else.
    - You have to use the nitro just a little to go faster, and when you stop your car keep the same speed.
    - The world is empty and boring, no cops, often you have a car or a tree appear in front of you. I would have liked just one big living city.
    - Bad UX/UI: I use only the menu to select a race, simplest than the map. You can not change the radio station while in the final race. Loading time for everything.
    - Extremely rare loots for challenges. No coop challenges.
    - There is some "long-race" in which you have to drive for 15min+., one error at the end and you have to restart from the beginning.
    - Disconnection means you have to restart everything (back to the main menu). I would like an option "I want to play alone and DO NOT want to synchronize my score, so let me play offline. xoxo"
    - Repetitive: If you don't buy one of the most powerful vehicles, you will have to do the same race again and again just to reach the level required for the next race.

Worst experience ever in a driving game! No fun at all.

What was I expecting? A driving game with challenges, one living map (as GTA V), cops, coop challenges/races, only streetcar (not planes or boats...).
    This game does not worth the full price, get it at 10$, no more.

Race game 20y ago: Play. Learn the track race. Train. Win based on your skills.
    The Crew 2: Play again and again the same race to win loots and BE ABLE to win the next race.

NB: My friend shares the same opinion of this game and think that the first one is a lot better.
  29. Jul 16, 2018
    the crew 2 stinks its the worst racing game ive ever played in 30 yrs 80$ down the drain
  30. Jun 30, 2018
    Horrible,horrible game.After GT Sport,i didn't expected,that will be worse racing game soon.But specialists from Ivory Tower suprise me.
    Crew I was a nice game with wasted potential,but really enjoyable.
    Crew I was a nice game with wasted potential,but really enjoyable.
    Crew II,it's like you wanna play RPG,but there is no story to play,no plot to resolve,no quests,no any sense of achievement,Just walking around,do some fights,gather some experience and loot.And Crew II looks like this.No real story,no real PVE,no PVP.Just some boring repeatable races,primitive sandbox with limited tools.And it is just conceptual value of the game,which is zero.
    Technical value,i wanted to say is even worse,but worse than zero,it's just stupid.Hideous models,especially buildings,looking like basic geometrical figures,badly designed botanical environment,unreadable tracks design,flat racing model,without any feel of enjoyment,idiotic collisions.Car models,lightning effects,water looks probably better than Crew I equivalents.
    And cherry on the top.Ui behaviours and race progression.When you start the game or you are new to the racing genre,you should expect,that you'll win some races,just for the pleasurable beginning.But no,no in Crew II.One mistake and you may restart the event,because you cannot win.It's terrible.
    There is much more,but i don't have might to proceed.

No future content,patch or anything can improve this game.If roots are rotten,there is nothing you can do.

Crew II is one of worse big racing games ever created.Game made without any care,concept and programming skills.I prefer to play Crazy Cars III on Amiga,after 30 years than to do anything with this Ivory Tower "gem".
    So dear players,gamers please DO NOT BUY CREW II.Because if you do,you'll encourage other developers to release quasi games and give them impression,that cheating you,deceiving you is actually good idea.
    I hope, that in the future gamers community find the way to prosecute games like Crew II.

And it is quite euphemistic evaluation of Crew II.
    Sorry for my chaotic english.Take care.By
  31. Jan 31, 2021
    Normally, I would never do something like that: a "zero" rating for a video game ... But I tried to play The Crew 2 as it is now part of PS Now. And unfortunately it is simply unplayable thanks to error "0_34". Yes, there are some sort of workarounds and guides - even from Ubisoft themselves - but what the heck!? I need to change internet ports and all that good technical stuff in order toNormally, I would never do something like that: a "zero" rating for a video game ... But I tried to play The Crew 2 as it is now part of PS Now. And unfortunately it is simply unplayable thanks to error "0_34". Yes, there are some sort of workarounds and guides - even from Ubisoft themselves - but what the heck!? I need to change internet ports and all that good technical stuff in order to simply start a video game? Thanks, but not thanks ... Expand
  32. Aug 29, 2018
    ubisft insist with this fail. apperently they dont get notice that the crew was "the crap"
  33. Jun 29, 2018
    This game has bad driving mechanics. I know it's an arcade racer, but I was expecting car physics like FH3, GTA V, NFS. The handling is horrible and the crash physics are so poor. The graphics are bad. The world is quantity over quality. The map lacks attention to detail and it is empty. There is hardly any NPCs roaming the area. There is too many texture pop-ins. Racing is ruined in thisThis game has bad driving mechanics. I know it's an arcade racer, but I was expecting car physics like FH3, GTA V, NFS. The handling is horrible and the crash physics are so poor. The graphics are bad. The world is quantity over quality. The map lacks attention to detail and it is empty. There is hardly any NPCs roaming the area. There is too many texture pop-ins. Racing is ruined in this game by horrible rubberbanding AI. They introduce planes in this game but there are no jet planes. The voice acting is one of the worst I've seen in a big budget title.

There is no offline mode. So once the developers decide to switch off the servers, this game will end up in the trash can. Charging $60 for a game without offline singleplayer is a cashgrab. To make matters worse, you have to wait half a year to get PvP multiplayer. I don't recommed you pick this game up, because it's pointless to buy an online only game when there is no PvP yet. This should be a free-to-play game.
  34. Jun 29, 2018
    well its a nice game for me it mite take you a lot of time to play
    and has lots of things to do
  35. Jul 1, 2018
    The Crew 2 is a racing game that utterly fails to deliver with its core gameplay. Driving physics are awful. For progression you'll be racing against AI, because there is no multiplayer in this always online title, and each race will be a landslide win or loss thanks to the worst rubberbanding I've ever experienced. The AI will rocket out of the gates (with cars that have 50% theThe Crew 2 is a racing game that utterly fails to deliver with its core gameplay. Driving physics are awful. For progression you'll be racing against AI, because there is no multiplayer in this always online title, and each race will be a landslide win or loss thanks to the worst rubberbanding I've ever experienced. The AI will rocket out of the gates (with cars that have 50% the "performance" stat as yours) and maintain a lead for a while before puttering out and letting you have a win. Or, as the case is with my current boat race, they will kill your hopes and dreams by passing you at breakneck speeds while you are pushing past top speed with a full nitro boost. It is not fun to race when you are either handed the win or simply not allowed to win because the AI says so.

The other parts of the game are equally low quality. Did I mention no PvP at launch? The graphics are abysmal with low-effort textures pasted on low effort buildings stamped across a bland landscape. There aren't even any car damage indications. The rally raid races are time trials which boil down to "tree dodging simulator" more than a race. The photo mode doesn't seem to work and the UI is just horrible. The loot box "performance parts" are worthless because the AI scale difficulty with rubberbanding.

PROS:
    +Lots of vehicles and vehicle types
    +Neat AF 3D map

CONS:
    -UI
    -AI rubberbanding
    -No PvP
    -No splitscreen either?
    -Bland boring map
    -Car handling
    -Fake loot box performance parts
  36. Jul 14, 2018
    I really wanted to like the Prequel, with it's crime story, bad car handling and huge, filled open world. I was just as exited as I found out there's a Sequel coming. Now, a few weeks into The Crew 2, I am just disappointed. There are a lot of quite useless features, as you have to buy a car up to 4 times and more often in different match up's. This would have worked out so much better ifI really wanted to like the Prequel, with it's crime story, bad car handling and huge, filled open world. I was just as exited as I found out there's a Sequel coming. Now, a few weeks into The Crew 2, I am just disappointed. There are a lot of quite useless features, as you have to buy a car up to 4 times and more often in different match up's. This would have worked out so much better if done like the first game did, buy a car once, then tune it with racing-, rally-, or street-kits. They also changed the HQ system. Now there's only ONE HQ, where to individualise your cars, in the entire overworld. So either you have to drive throughout the whole world or use fast travel. Speaking of which, the overworld in the crew 1 was full of challenges and fun stuff to do and explore, but not this time. It's hardly filled. There's nothing there to explore, just a way too large overworld with severe lack of detail and polishing, just to drive from one event to another. Further, there were inventions made in the first game, such as the navigation line in game, so you didn't had too have a look on the minimap all the time, guess what: it's gone. You spend most of the time looking in the bottom right corner, checking you're still on the right route to you destination than actually playing the game. What the actual **** Ubisoft and Ivory Tower? You took everything that was bad and multiplied it times 50, while cutting out everything The Crew initially did in a great way. The Rubberband AI was a problem a lot of racing games have, but oh my god. If you're in the last place, the first three places rush upon so you can completely forget about completing an event. If you're right on top, the whole field stays behind oneself, so if you crash in the last turn you almost instantly loose the race. "Then start the race over again" you might say, but guess what: they forgot implementing a way to start over a race. Races must be finished before starting over again. What the literal **** Ivory Tower and Ubisoft, just wtf. Don't stop reading: there's more to complain about. Just like the first game, you have to progress your vehicles so later events can be completed, but sometimes, there's such a huge step between the difficulty levels you have to grind the crap outta this game, e.g. the Alpha Racing class, which refers to Formula 1. There are 5 races in this section in total. Just driving the first two, easier ones, pushes your alpha racing car to a level of 221, but to further progress in this series, your car must at least go for a 250, wich means the player has to repeat those two races about 25 TIMES! No, really, what the **** was going on in their minds, while the game was in development? This is a game that reliefs on it's online features, it's just: there are no online features at all. This game is a huge mess. A huge, pulsating dick right in the face of us, gamers. What the **** Ubisoft? Expand
  37. Sep 6, 2018
    This game was a complete disappointment !!!

Despite I'm a casual player, I could easily manage to unlock all the best cars in The Crew 1, Test Drive Unlimited 1 & 2, and any other similar driving game, simply by completing their races and missions, which was a lot of fun. But in The Crew 2, you very quickly reach the point where it's nearly impossible to win a race, and thus any
    This game was a complete disappointment !!!

But in The Crew 2, you very quickly reach the point where it's nearly impossible to win a race, and thus any chance to get enough in-game currency to unlock new cars, despite they are needed to have any chance to win those races.

Fortunately, you are rewarded with a very small amount of in-game currency each time you loose a race.

But you will then have to lose the same races over and over for hours, if not days, to get enough in game currency rewards to unlock new vehicles, which is both boring and very frustrating, or use your credit card to buy them with real world money, which I won't do since I've already paid around $40 for this game !!!

So follow my advice and avoid this hidden pay-to-win game at all cost, and just continue playing with "The Crew 1", which is by far much more enjoyable, despite there isn't any boat or plane to drive.

This will avoid you the monumental amount of frustration and disappointment that The Crew 2 made me feel...
  38. Nov 2, 2019
    Наидерьмовейшие гонки в которые я играл, ущемление прав обычных гетеросексуальных белых людей на лицо(белокожий мужской персонаж в конце списка до него нужно долистать,), музыки вообще не было(играл в бету, не знаю как там дальше было, но бета без музона это фейл) машина ощущается как какой-то утюг, приклеивается к асфальту, играть до бещенства неприятноНаидерьмовейшие гонки в которые я играл, ущемление прав обычных гетеросексуальных белых людей на лицо(белокожий мужской персонаж в конце списка до него нужно долистать,), музыки вообще не было(играл в бету, не знаю как там дальше было, но бета без музона это фейл) машина ощущается как какой-то утюг, приклеивается к асфальту, играть до бещенства неприятно
  39. Apr 18, 2019
    It's just bad man. Starting from the rubberband COM, and going to the missing details that would not have been that hard to implement, it's fun for a while until you start to develop cancer in every cell of your body
  40. Sep 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It’s trash, the servers are broken even with lan connection, and the cars are garbage, and the controlling is so slow and terrible Expand
  41. Jan 2, 2020
    A very bad game it's way to hard and the icon levels are way to grindy plus the bugs are annoying this game is as bad as ghost recon brokepoint a 0/10 Screw this game no 1 buy this bs ubisoft are so dumb they can't even make good games anymore all there games are buggy and micro transaction hell or hard to the point of what's the point unless u want to break ur ps4 no joke also if you haveA very bad game it's way to hard and the icon levels are way to grindy plus the bugs are annoying this game is as bad as ghost recon brokepoint a 0/10 Screw this game no 1 buy this bs ubisoft are so dumb they can't even make good games anymore all there games are buggy and micro transaction hell or hard to the point of what's the point unless u want to break ur ps4 no joke also if you have a disability u can't play this game also I can't even drive boats with out crashing into something because my hands don't work as properly as they should Expand
  42. Jul 3, 2020
    Grafica inferiore al predecessore, sistema di guida senza alcun criterio fisico, intelligenza artificiale con problemi gravi,effetto elastico disumano, comprate altro c'è di meglio, soldi buttati
  43. Mar 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The most important thing in car game is physics of driving Car in the crew 2 It's Very bad drive physics .
    I wish you create a game like the best car game ever driver san Fransisco
  44. Apr 23, 2020
    Infinite loadings, crashes, AI like from 00' racing games, shopping mall elevator soundtrack etc.
  45. Dec 27, 2020
    The worst game i have ever played like nfs heat racing without good racing thinks like graphics physics fun tracks.Im very calm person but this game made rage delete that **** buy this if u like racing games just dont dont worth it.I buyed mine 8£ and this price is too high for the game like this
  46. Jul 1, 2021
    This is the worst car simulator I've ever played. Absolutely everything is terrible: graphics, physics, plot. People, don't spend money on this like I do.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 53 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 26, 2018
    The Crew 2 is a vast improvement on the original in every aspect. The environments offer a vast, exciting, and expansive world to explore. The huge variety of racing events, alongside a near endless progression system, promises hours of play time, and the car customization is the best we have seen this generation.
  2. games(TM)
    Aug 9, 2018
    Lack of design risks and personality spoil the ride. [Issue#203, p.74]
  3. Games Master UK
    Aug 9, 2018
    The Crew 2 spreads itself too thin and doesn't take enough advantage of its sprawling open world. [Issue#333, p.54]