3.9

1. Feb 5, 2020
    Im a huge fan of Dark Crystal, but this game is really boring and only recommended for fans of this type of turn based games. Dark Crystal needs a full 3D adventure like Tomb Raider or Witcher.
  2. Feb 28, 2020
    Critics (both professional and users) seem to consider this a bad game. It is not.

Now, is it the best RPG/tactics game out there? No it isn't. This game follows the events of the 1st season of the Netflix show and very poorly - I'll agree - converts the show into a tactics, similar to FF Tactics, The basics are there: tons of maps/stages, jobs to develop, characters we know and love

The basics are there: tons of maps/stages, jobs to develop, characters we know and love and a story that will make ZERO sense to someone who did not watch the show. The combat is very simple, very basic but it gets the job done. And, although they do provide a considerable roster of heroes, I picked the 'famous ones' (Deet, Rian, Breat etc) and pretty much cleared the game with the same team - just making sure I had a tank, some healers/buffers etc. The game is not hard but it's not easy by all means. Actually, some stages can be pretty challenging.

I had a lot of fun with this game and will eventually beat it again for the platinum trophy. If you are into this kind of game, my suggestion is wait for a sale and pick it up. It's pretty decent, especially if you like Dark Crystal.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Mar 12, 2020
    Too casual and limited to appeal to anyone but die-hard fans of The Dark Crystal and Final Fantasy Tactics, this tie-in lacks the depth and complexity of its retro references. [Issue#173, p.94]
  2. Feb 18, 2020
    The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics has nothing to offer that isn’t better in other games, comics books, or movies.
  3. Feb 18, 2020
    When it comes down to it, I don’t really understand who this game is for because I can’t tell fans they’d love it and I can’t tell the uninitiated to pick it up because the story is baffling, and the gameplay isn’t great. So, even though there are aspects of the game that are solid, this one gets a hard pass from me. Hopefully, I have fewer nightmares about this game than I did about the Skeksis for pretty much my entire childhood.