6.6

1. Aug 2, 2021
    This game feels nothing like an Ace Attorney game but at the same time it feels just like any other Ace Attorney game. Game of the Year for me so far.
  2. Jan 5, 2022
    ...Why was this review bombed? 45 negative reviews and only two of these people actually decided to write their thoughts on the game (one of which created a profile just to give 0 to this game in every available platform). Hm. Weird. Anyway, finally finished this and loved every second of it. They subvert a lot of past Ace Attorney tropes and give the series a much needed breath of fresh...Why was this review bombed? 45 negative reviews and only two of these people actually decided to write their thoughts on the game (one of which created a profile just to give 0 to this game in every available platform). Hm. Weird. Anyway, finally finished this and loved every second of it. They subvert a lot of past Ace Attorney tropes and give the series a much needed breath of fresh air, which imo had hit a wall post Apollo Justice. I'd say both games combined are as good, if not better than the original trilogy. I would love to see these characters return for more adventures. Expand
  3. Sep 6, 2021
    This doesn't seem like it's for everyone. But I've played the original trilogy twice and some other games so I've gotten good at ace attorney. What sets this one apart from the rest is that it feels like one continuous story between the 10 cases. The story always keeps you on your toes and fter finishing one case, it leaves you more questions than answers. Other than that, soundtrack good,This doesn't seem like it's for everyone. But I've played the original trilogy twice and some other games so I've gotten good at ace attorney. What sets this one apart from the rest is that it feels like one continuous story between the 10 cases. The story always keeps you on your toes and fter finishing one case, it leaves you more questions than answers. Other than that, soundtrack good, characters good, features good, setting good. My one critism is that it does drag and story points take too much time to explain. You can skip text with circle button, but may mean you miss story points because it moves insanity fast. Expand
  4. Mar 26, 2022
    Like me old grandpappy once said, "when ya witness a review bombing ya do yer civic duty and drown the mug out." Whoever went n' did that should flip 90 degrees onto the floor! Da-ha-ha-ha!
  5. Aug 1, 2021
    Previous fan of the series, the two games continue the ridiculous but entertaining characters, the convoluted but somehow logical cases, and the sometimes annoying but overall solid game mechanics. I wouldn't say they are the best games in the series, but the animations and new gameplay are great.

Pro tip: turn on skip text in settings, in case you read faster than the slow scrolling text.
  6. Aug 2, 2021
    Great game. Reminded me a bit of the original trilogy - great characters, great dialogues, fun and interesting cases. An overall delightful game to get lost in.
  7. Aug 2, 2021
    This is a masterpieces, definitely the pinicle of the ace attorney series. The writing, music, and mechanics are top notch.
  8. Aug 2, 2021
    Fantastic game. Great mechanics and stuff. Gonna play all week **** off bots
  9. Aug 1, 2021
    A good game, and abretah of fresh air to the common type of games we have on the market.
  10. Aug 2, 2021
    This game is pretty well made i enjoyed it DGS 2 is better than DGS 1 but over all it was a good game
  11. Sep 15, 2021
    Have played all the Ace Attorney games including the 2 Edgeworth Investigation games and I have to say this is the best AA game they've made to date. It's not perfect, but the story is very interesting and the characters are fun.
  12. Aug 13, 2021
    The great ace attorney series is a mystery game that plays itself and is a major letdown for long time fans as it's head scratching mysteries are no where to be found in this entry.

I will say as a game, this port of a 3Ds title is competently made, as a collection I'd say it's what we'd come to expect from the people at Capcom. There's no technical issues to be found the music, character design, and localized dialogue is all up to the quality we've come to expect from this series. However that's where my praise for the game ends. As the game, in its core gameplay, is severely lacking. There's no challange to ever solve the mystery of "what happened" as the great ace Attorney seems to go out of its way to make things as easy as possible for the player. Bringing up a mystery for the case, only to immidaltey hand you a peice of evidence that anyone over the age of 10 would be able to figure out the significance of what it means. At times you will even be handed a peice of evidence and then immidaltey told what to do with it by your assistant, that being invesitagte it or present it. I think the best way to outline the core problem the game has with approaching it's mysteries can be found in its new mechanic, which is watching for characters reactions to certian statements during cross examinations. On its surface it sounds interesting, Ace Attorney Apollo Justice on the Nintendo DS had a simmilar such mechanic that many people enjoyed. However the two aren't comparable, as any and all forms of subtly have been removed. When this "mechanic" is activated, the game will play an audio que of them shouting, put a "!" Over the characters icon, and have them go into an extremely obvious nervous animation that will have them flailing their arms around biting on an object. Turning this "mechanic" into a quick time event with no time limit making it nearly impossible to miss.

Final Verdict: Guilty of being a boring visual novel disguised as a mystery game.
  13. Aug 1, 2021
    Pick something. Either I am a lawyer or I am a detective. Years of this and it's only gotten worse half the cases turn into having nothing to do with the client. This should have one game, but the stretched out one alright story into to two terrible ones. The budget for the second game was clearly cut and they didn't make animated scenes. Half the game is nonsense talk back and forth andPick something. Either I am a lawyer or I am a detective. Years of this and it's only gotten worse half the cases turn into having nothing to do with the client. This should have one game, but the stretched out one alright story into to two terrible ones. The budget for the second game was clearly cut and they didn't make animated scenes. Half the game is nonsense talk back and forth and the prosecution is the same through two whole games!? How is this not supposed to be just one better game? Expand
  14. Jan 7, 2022
    Awesome game and definitely my favorite in the series, you can tell that a lot of love was put into this and it pays off.
  15. Jan 7, 2022
    This game didn't deserve to get review bombed by trolls :/ Wtf Metacritic. This is Ace Attorney at its best.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 39 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 27, 2021
    A beautiful, heavy on text, visual novel with interesting and innovative adventure elements wrapped up in a well-orchestrated story arc. While we would like to reprimand Capcom for this delay over the 3DS version, we are still happy to enjoy this little gem in more platforms.
  2. PLAY
    Aug 24, 2021
    Unfocussed mechanics and not enough Herlock Sholmes means it doesn’t live up to its full potential, though series fans will have a hoot with the mysteries. [Issue#5, p.80]
  3. Aug 19, 2021
    The return of the Ace Attorney saga gives us a couple of excellent games with great stories that will put your intellect to the test.