5.7

1. Nov 15, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a slap to the face of the fans of the first game. Gameplay is enjoyable. But not much improved from the first game. Some new combat mechanics are there but not any innovation like they claim. Other games have been doing the same thing. Graphics are extremely good. But the horrendous story, writing and pacing issues make this game below average for me. This game was all about Joel and Ellie. We wanted to see their relationship grow but they just kill a beloved characters to make way for a character nobody cares about. The game forces you to play as our beloved character’s killer trying to make us sympathize with her. The game spits on the face of the fans. This game would’ve been better if it was a typical revenge story than this pile of garbage. They try to portray 2 of our beloved characters as monsters to make way for a dollar store version of them. Absolutely horrible. The only thing worth it about this game is killing Abby in every way possible and Ellie’s flashback with Joel but even then you know Joel is gonna get his head smashed so why bother? Wouldn’t get this game for free. It doesn’t deserve the 10/10 masterpiece review people are giving this below average game. TLOU was all about the story, the gameplay and graphics doesn’t make up for it in the slightest way. Didn’t expect this big of a disappointment as a sequel for a really good game like TLOU. Also, for people complaining about the woke agenda, I agree with them but also don’t. I don’t have problem with homosexual characters. In fact, I liked Ellie being lesbian. But, not in this game where the plot revolves around that it becomes annoying. I don’t like that Ellie being lesbian is only serving the plot whereas in the left behind dlc, it showed you Ellie’s backstory with her best friend Riley. Would not recommend at all. Expand
  2. Jun 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As someone who was a big fan of the Last of Us part 1, coming into the THE LAST OF US PART II I had high expectations. Now, I told myself that, I am bound to be disappointed in some factors of the game. I mean, after all, its a game I have waited for for 7 years. I went into the game with an open-mind and having ignored all the leaks and spoilers, I had no idea what I was walking into.

Problems and misunderstanding:

1. Joels death was painful to watch. You play as a character named Abby who is running away from a horde of zombies. You are then saved by the beloved characters, Joel and Tommy. They save you on multiple occasions and eventually you bring them back to your little hide out. Now the first issue I have here is continuity with character personalities (Characteristics/traits). Joel and Tommy are known to be survivors and it is clearly demonstrated in the first game. When I mean clearly, they literally show Joel being ruthless to a group of bandits that were pretending to be injured, knowing this, Joel goes straight through like a badass. However, this trait is no longer seen in the second game. He casually just walks into a room filled with people that are armed and unknown. He then introduces himself, eventually getting killed. You see Joel die in the most brutally and heart-wrenching way possible during the first act of the game (2 hours in). This is where people misunderstand the majority of why fans hate this. We are not upset that Joel died...its how he died. His death by the end of the game nearly meant nothing. His character is not the same character we grew to love. Nor was his death memorable or meaningful whatsoever. A lot of us understood the motive that was presented here for Ellie, and yes...it did make us angry and we too wanted revenge just like Ellie. But it was done in a way that was so lazy and poorly written.

2. Playing as Abby. It was very obvious what the game developers were trying to do. They wanted to humanize the character. They tried manipulating the audience by using the whole animal trope where Ellie is bad for killing dogs, Abby is good for saving a zebra and is friendly with dogs. It is these subtle things that make me so frustrated with the game because these devices or elements that are used to get the audience to sympathise with Abby are poorly integrated within the game. I can say that after playing 10 hours with Abby with a storyline that hardly connected with Ellie's, I still felt nothing for her character. Even by the last fight between Ellie and Abby, I was filled with rage and wanted Abby dead so badly.

3. Poor Character development. I didn't care one bit about any of Abby's friends. In fact, I was super happy when Manny got shot in the face. Owen and Mel's death was nice to see. For the matter a fact, Jesse and Dina were alright characters. I truly didn't think much of them at all, when Jesse died to a bullet to the face, I kind of just sat there and looked at him and shrugged it off. It was clearly just for shock value, and the characters in the game clearly didn't care either.

4. Political Agendas. Yes...Abby may not be a transgender woman, but my goodness, she got dem guns. Basically, all the men die, woman live on! I never really cared because Ellie was and always has been the best character in the game (apart from Joel). I have always seen Ellie as a badass character. She can handle her own and take on just about anyone. That is what I call a strong, independent female character. However, it is clear that some of the games selling point has to do with the lesbian, transgender LGBTQ political point of views. I am all for these kind of things, if it doesn't affect the story...which it didn't to be quite honest. I was fine with Dina and Ellie being together because I already knew Ellie liked women from the DLC Left behind! But, my goodness, Lev was just a copy paste of trying to replicate the Ellie and Joel relationship with Abby and baldy over there. It just sucks because they could have made all these powerful messages about the LGBTQ into the game, but do it subtly and not shove it down our throats. In doing so, it makes it more impactful and meaningful in a way. LIKE WHY WAS MEL OUT IN COMBAT WHEN SHE WAS PREGNANT! WOMAN EMPOWERMENT? NO!

5. Ellie learning her lesson at such a weird time. Wtf yo...I tried writing this review in a professional manner, but as you can see above, I have given up. What was the ending. Only after getting 2 fingers bitten off and killing maybe another 50 people she then realises she doesn't want to kill Abby??? How did she not learn her lesson the first time when she encountered her. She killed probably over 200 peeps and by the end of the story shes like nah girl. Leave with yo bald ass baby... Ellie lost everything, whilst Abby is straight drippin in gold. Joels death felt like it was for nothing and the story just ends.

7 years, we expect at least a mediocre story and game, but what we got was worse...
  3. Oct 31, 2020
    I bet gamers in 2100 will laugh their ass off when looking back at video game history and seeing what they did with second last of us.
  4. Nov 22, 2020
    I'll be honest now, first 20 minutes (or however long it took until something happened, but i'm not gonna spoil) and then it was just ruined till the end. Nothing saved it for me.
  5. Jun 20, 2020
    To say I didn't like it would be insulting any other game I didn't like.
    This game has got to be the most pretentious garbage I have ever seen.
    Naughty dog tries way to hard to "subvert expectations" and instead creates a complete train wreck of forced politics and LGBTQ ideals. Part 1 had the perfect balance between story and character development, and surprisingly managed to have
    To say I didn't like it would be insulting any other game I didn't like.
    This game has got to be the most pretentious garbage I have ever seen.
    of forced politics and LGBTQ ideals. Part 1 had the perfect balance between story and character development, and surprisingly managed to have LGBTQ plot devices that actually made sense.
    Druckmann clearly has some problems he need to work out with certain people instead of implementing them into and highly anticipated installment to a series.
  6. Nov 22, 2020
    Graphics - 8.9 of 10, Music - 6 of 10, Story - 0 of 10, variety of enemies - 4 of 10, fun factor - 0 of 10.
  7. Nov 22, 2020
    This game is textbook example how to make bad video games.

Graphics - 8.2 / 10
    Story - 0 / 10
    Gameplay - 7 / 10
    Innovations compared to previous game - 3 / 10
    Innovations or story that would justify part 2 - 0 / 10
    Conclusion: 2 / 10
  8. Sep 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The last of us 2 is good at gameplay and graphics...but the worst thing in the game and the reason I giving this game this rating is when you are controling Abby!! I cant get away with this thing that you have to play as someone whos the bad guy and everything she's been through didnt make me understand her!! I didnt like the story at all and it could be much better I believe...the story was extremely unsatisfying and annoying...specially the ending... Expand
  9. Sep 6, 2020
    The story was completely disappointing and when you criticize the game for being horrible you get developers saying the only reason you didn’t like it is because you’re a homophobe or a bad person but in reality they took a risk and It did not pay off at all. To any last of us player that wants to play this game I highly do not recommend you will only be left unsatisfied and angry. TheThe story was completely disappointing and when you criticize the game for being horrible you get developers saying the only reason you didn’t like it is because you’re a homophobe or a bad person but in reality they took a risk and It did not pay off at all. To any last of us player that wants to play this game I highly do not recommend you will only be left unsatisfied and angry. The only redeeming thing about this game is the graphics and the soundtrack that’s it. Expand
  10. Sep 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. never experienced a game where I the player had so much **** hate at the **** writing and ideas and ideologies and even the message, like I want to Ellie to feel what I felt when I popped up a **** wolf with a shotgun to the face.

disgusted but furious like **** man, we live in a world of endurance and surviving if ain't them its me, and I chose them.

yeah, I get it revenge was so **** written poorly that they made me feel like why in the **** are you making me hate this?

why are you making me play as Abby?

do you think I would care about her after hating her guts for 12 hours?

like i am a big **** **** i would not pet a dog i just saw her **** kill Joel after he saved her life.

AND THE BS DEATH OF JOEL ? AND ABBY AND ALL THE GANG OF HERS ARE SOMEHOW FORGOT THAT THEY LIVE IN A WORLD OF APOCALYPSE? LIKE MAKING TOMMY GO ? ELLIE GO ? like make Ellie find the body after they are done not that poor writing of " We are good people **** killing a human is the worst thing ever, but you get over it after killing a ton, since she is one of the "the best at killing scars"

like I would get it if they said they were fireflies to Joel, like I would be so **** messed up about it that I get it, what Joel did was wrong, but to make Ellie lose everything and spit on my **** face with a **** fan fiction writing like this is just a big **** you from Neil,

JESSE. AND **** TOMMY ? LIKE HE WENT TO KILL THEM SO ELLIE WOULD BE SAFE NOT FOR REVENGE IN THE FIRST TIME!

all the male characters where done dirty, like manny dies Abby doesn't care after 5 seconds, Jesse dies no one cares, Tommy somehow **** survived and i **** wish he died since they did him **** dirty.

but oh boy Ellie just ****ed up and killed a pregnant woman who didn't say anything to save her life, like the first thing she said

" how we know you wouldn't kill us" **** just **** say where she was since you obviously hate Abby ! and do the gamble of hey we let her live so she must be not going after anyone other than Abby ! and yeah is am pregnant btw so think about that before killing me. and ellies way if interrogation?? like everything doesn't make **** sense.

oh yeah, let's talk about how Dina was cut off half of the game and made the game playing as Ellie alone. even Jesse split was retarded, like dina just told you she will not go back without ellie ?? so leave her alone to go after Tommy ? why take the gamble ?

lev and whoever her name was kinda great if it weren't for the laughable idea of lev going to bring his mom and killing her, in self-defense or not that arc was so **** stupid. oh yeah, let's go for the way the market the game.

they did the cult dirty. the were **** great, but they didn't have any impact on the story in any way what so ever, like they marketed the game as Joel and Ellie adventure for revenge for the Jackson attack from that cult, but hey that what was they showed us for seven years and made us believe and they **** lied to us in the face in the trailers, i didn't know jack **** about the spoilers other than it was really **** bad, but i still had faith that it will be worth it. and avoided it for months.

Ellie going after revenge after seeing her having PTSD and Dina being done about it is cheap and **** stupid.

breaking the cycle bs doesn't make sense since she could leave them for dead.

and all i know that ellie didn't see what Abby is about other than she is the one who killed Joel.

the whole thing was a big **** you from Neil for the fans, like saying this game was unique and had a really deep story is just, opinion, i care about the game that is why i am happy to see people enjoyed the game but for me the ending was...

like i felt nothing, i didn't cry, get angry, or even felt anything, just a feeling in my tongue, as if Neil made me clean his ass after taking a ****.

on a final note, ASHLEY CAN **** SING HOPED THERE WAS MORE OF HER SINGING!

that take me on was so wholesome man, and that song that Joel wrote god man the feels are real, the birthday flash back was what i wanted Neil, just give me 12 hours of ellie and Joel breaking apart from each other and her asking and seeing her going from our little ellie to this ellie, no Abby **** no need for that message of "an eye for an eye" like do u really think making us feel for Abby and then just saying "yay ellie **** lost everything wonderful deep story Neil good job"

like what is this broke the cycle crap man ? like what the **** dose it mean ? we live in a world of death and darkness, no one cares other than there own group, Abby being the daughter of the doctor is so **** cliche, like make her vague in a good way show us the dark 20 years of Joel and what he did while talking to Tommy or " Joel had a gf said in an interview" to his gf, like show us what Joel did was really ****ed up in a good way.

all i can say amazing at everything, the only thing was wrong was Neil druckmann "message".
  11. Sep 3, 2020
    Theres a lot to be said about this game but i think it all has been said already. This is a character driven game where the characters dont mean **** The polish on this game is amazing. Graphics.. the sound design.. the music... However these dont matter where the characters dont mean anything. I WISH i liked this game more than I did. Maybe if you can forgive all terrible plot points youTheres a lot to be said about this game but i think it all has been said already. This is a character driven game where the characters dont mean **** The polish on this game is amazing. Graphics.. the sound design.. the music... However these dont matter where the characters dont mean anything. I WISH i liked this game more than I did. Maybe if you can forgive all terrible plot points you might give this a 6/10. However I think any fan of the original would feel personally insulted by the decisions made for this game. What a waste. Expand
  12. Sep 12, 2020
    After playing the game with an open mind - despite the negative reviews - i gotta say the green reviews must be paid. there is just no other explanation who would give this game a really positive review espiecially the dumb forced storyline. It is like a Netflix game. Grapichs are really great tho.
  13. Aug 17, 2020
    This game is not The Last of Us Part II.

This game is not The Last of Us Part II.

Context: One of the reasons why Neil Druckmann decided to call this game "The Last of Us -Part II-" and not "The Last of Us 2" is because in his point of view this game is a direct continuation of the original The Last of Us, not a numerical successor for the overall TLOU franchise. And his opinion is more than right. The original game had no real finale and the ending of it is abrupt, holding the audience on the climax of the events. Part II is called Part II because it was conceptualised as the unshown resolution of the story told in the original. It was planned to reveal the full story.
    The problem is that the initial plan of this game being an ending for the original, unfortunately, went downhill since the concept idea for the whole game was made. The Last of Us Part II does not tell the ending of the original The last of Us, it is a completely separate game that has nothing to do with story, characters and messages of the first game. Developers, marketing and anybody else affiliated in the creation of The Last of Us Part II tries to trick audience and fans of the original game, especially the fans of the original. From the simply misleading manipulation of the trailers of the game with the goal of misinforming the viewer, making him believe that this game is what he expects it to be, to the more radical decisions such as replacing the characters of the original with the bland, alternate and poorly written versions of themselves. This game is full of lies, hate and disappointment.

Joel in this game is not Joel from the original, Ellie from the first game does not appear as the same person in this one. Writers of the game use a bland explanation for this gigantic metamorphosis in character telling in the interviews that "They have grown. Joel has grown and Ellie has grown. They've changed. But those are still the same characters! Please buy this game!". This would be a valid point, of course, if they would make it seem to the player that their changes in personality were not from nowhere, just for the sake of this god awful story.

The Last of Us is not about apocalypse, not about stealth, not about combat. First of all - The Last of Us is about Joel Miller and Ellie Williams. Take those out of the game - it is not The Last of Us anymore. If this game wasn't called The Last of Us it would be easly named as "Joel and Ellie: The Game". Naughty Dog made and still makes mainly plot driven games, and this one is no excuse.

What they've done is they took Joel and Ellie from the Joel and Ellie: The Game Part II. Now it's just The Game: Part II. If put correctly it's just "Part II" now. Second part of the game that nobody knows, nobody cares about. The only reason you can enjoy it - only through pure gameplay, neglecting the story, poorly written characters and political pandering added to the game just for the sake of pandering towards the radical liberal audience, that does not play their games, neither buy them.
    The story of The Last of Us Part II has nothing to do with the story of the original. Characters are boring and utmost just bland. The ideas and themes tackled in this game are interesting, but uncovered and represented poorly. Also secure, but strongly distasteful signs of political SJW agenda were included, example: characters appearances were redesigned with the intension of making them look uglier (ugly = realistic); unauthentic towards the game's setting terminology such as "bigot" is used with the feministic context and etc.

Gustavo Santaolalla's soundtrack plays a minor role compared to the treatment of the original game to the music.

Combat mechanics are greatly improved: 1 point.

Visuals of the game are astonishing: 1 point ( - 1 point considering the treatment to the developers team, crunches and attempts of Sony and Naughty Dog to hide the real nature of appearance of the leaks).

It was not worth of time, dedication, labor and love.
  14. Jul 1, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. El juego a nivel técnico como los gráficos y efectos visuales es un 9.7 o 10 pero ami eso no me interesa y por eso lo calificó como un 4 porque a mi lo que considero mas importante es la historia y para mi la historia de este juego es una cargada llena de conveniencias y cosas absurdas y eso me enfurese porque pudo ser una historia igual ala del 1 o casi cerca de serlo pero en vez de eso no le llega ni a una cuarta parte de lo que fue el 1 y mis razones son fuera del juego los trailer engañosos, las conferencias del neil drucman diciendo cosas que no podemos hacer por ejemplo no matar perros que por huevos el juego nos obliga a hacerlo y en el juego en sí el pobre desarrollo de la narrativa y personajes tanto principales como secundarios aquí no se que les paso pero es una mierda la narrativa son conveniencias por donde lo mires y no es 1 o 2 toda la historia esta llena de convenie CIA como abby buscando a un hombre llamado joel y dando con el pese a no saber su aspecto físico o como una manca si lo leíste bien una manca recién salida de cirugía ayudándola cuando tommy esta a punto de mandarla con su padre en fin estos son sólo ejemplos de lo mal estructurada que está la historia y si una historia puede tener conveniencias pero no estar totalmente hecha de estas casi finalizando esto es más el apartado de critica profesional ya que disen que el juego es casi perfecto y que debes gaster una buena dinerada para jugarlo ya y esto me 0arese una mierda por 2 motivos primero porque el juego está muy lejos de ser como lo puntual máximo sería un 6.8 o 7 aló mucho pero eso de intentar hacer que los jugadores nos gastemos 60$ en un juego que aquí en Colombia eso no es precisamente barato y creo que hacer esto es de unos sirvenguenzas porque muchas personas no podrán recuperar ese dinero y yo lo digo por esperiencia propia porque me toco comprarlo digital por la pandemia y al ver lo que fue no podía recuperar por lo menos algo del dinero que me gaste revendiendolo como si pudieron hacer muchos otros y ya para finalizar si alguien que esta leyendo esta review porque quiere saber tanto opiniones positivas como negativas le digo que en vez de gastarse 60 $ en este juego mejor que se compre el the last of us 1 que en play4 cuesta 19.99 $ o el ghost of tsushima que cuesta lo mismo pero tiene una historia mucho mejor implementada tratando de la misma temática que es la venganza PD: si a algún fan aserrimo de la saga lee esto y no le gusta y empieza a insultarme por decir mi opinión le digo que cada persona tiene sus propias ideas y opiniones así que deje de defender algo que para mi me párese malo (esto también va pa los pogres que se ofenden con nada y quieren cambiar a personajes ya establecidos pa sentirse cómodos aunque no vaya a ver ya sea la película o jugar el juego) Expand
  15. Sep 11, 2020
    10/10 gameplay 10/10 graphics n environments 6/10 storyline and Joel deserved much better in the beginning.
  16. Sep 11, 2020
    okey I just played this game until the end, the game is not bad. But it does not enjoyable at all because of the writing and the story. Maybe I can tolerate the game if I don't have to played as Abby. Very much hate that experience till the end. Thank you Mr. Neil Druckmann for ruining the game with your **** story and writing.
  17. Jun 19, 2020
    Terrible story, destroys legacy characters and introduces dull boring characters. Do not buy.
  18. Sep 8, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Druckman butchered the story. killing joel was depressing but it could be directed in the right direction. the worst part for me was when halfway through i had to play as the one who killed joel. not to mention "you thought i was gonna let you do this on your own kiddo" was demolished by jesse and the ending... the ending felt extremely empty Expand
  19. Sep 5, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Initially I was very much against a sequel to TLOU. The first game's ending left me feeling hollow and thinking about it for weeks but it was an almost perfect ending. It hit all the right emotional notes due to character growth throughout and it was far more powerful to let the audience imagine the rest of Ellie and Joel's lives and how they might turn out with the unspoken secret hanging over their relationship.

Then I got on the hype train. When this game launched, I saw the backlash but I put it wrongly down to transphobia. Then I played the first half of the game and thought "this is decent" and thought that the bad reviewers were insane. Sure the mechanics are basically the same as TLOU1 and the AI was dumber than a bucket of rocks but I was enjoying it. I actually thought that the Joel incident worked very well and, while the gameplay wasn't amazingly inspired, the graphics and motion capture was top notch. However, then I got to the second half with Abby. Oh boy, what a bloated, tedious mess.

I got the feeling that the developers considered whether they wanted to make a new game with a new protagonist or a game which followed Ellie from TLOU and couldn't decide so they shoved both games together and, by doing so, succeeded at neither.

At about 40% of the way through the game you are suddenly shoved into playing as Abby (similar to the Raiden bait and switch in MGS2 and received about as well) but the problem is that Abby is not at all interesting and it makes the next 55% of the game an utter slog. Abby interacts with characters you don't care about, advances an almost utterly irrelevant plot and almost all of it could have been cut out of the game and the plot would have been a lot tighter. The point the game is seemingly trying to make is that Abby is a human too but that's already blatantly obvious and any subtlety goes out of the window with the game repeatedly hitting you over the head with it. Yes, revenge is bad, we get it.

It's like if TLOU1 had switched from Joel's perspective in the midst of the denouement and then insisted that you played as Marlene doing unrelated things for 15 hours. It would have utterly destroyed the pacing and ruined the ending; that is what happens here.

The ending also renders the entire plot pointless and was immersion breakingly contrary to the character's previously established motivations and characterisation. That said, because of the pacing issues I was just glad that I had slogged through to the end. There was no real emotional pay-off. When your main emotion is "phew, glad I finished that" then you know the plot has failed.

The game succeeds on graphics and game mechanics but utterly drops the ball in relation to story and character arcs. For what is, above all else, a story-driven game a bad story and forgettable ending is a cardinal sin and one which can't be excused. Contrasted to the ending of TLOU, I wish they had never made a sequel as it retrospectively makes the ending of TLOU worse.
  20. Aug 31, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was very excited to get this game after being a fan of the first one for years! I found the music and the visuals good although I feel not much has improved on the gameplay, which I felt could’ve been smoother. This game was more focused on story however. I’m usually quite lenient with this part because, hey, gamers want to have good gameplay. Since it was more story oriented, here it goes. First things first, the characters. The psychologies of characters are uncharacteristic to what they were in the first game and that made the dynamic cold and less engaging. The political view has narrowed down to the mentality of the 'popular' few and is therefore less universal and diverse. I think too many directors have watched The Walking Dead and maybe think that, that’s how peoples’s minds ought to work. You can’t help but feel that this tendency for the arthouse blues and constant sighed deliveries are the directors attempt at adding enigmatic depth when there really is none. It’s POST-APOCOLYPSE! Am I supposed to believe that Ellie would give up a steak sandwich to make an LGBT point or that there would be a droid-filled she-hulk with a gym pass? Which leads me to my next point. Glaring feminism and LGBT references do nothing for those movements. They just annoy fans who enjoy good stories. All that did was make characters colder and less relatable. Who chose Abby to be one of the protagonists??? I really had to grit my teeth to finish the second half of the game. The character sucks. Her self destructiveness, egoism, constant 'Are you ok? Are you ok?', most likely thrown in to endear her to the audience. POP PSYCHOLOGY. Read a Dostoyevsky book to see how real psychologists write, reason and discover pathological tendencies. Also Ellie’s constant attacks on Joel just seemed petty, egotistical and lacking in any sort of values. More relevant in the 'rich' western world than in the place she was inhabiting. Her warmth, loyalty and cheekiness from the first game were swallowed up by a much more base instinct and so she became less profound for me. I think in general this was another popular franchise that was derailed by a wave of these so called “reformers”. The problem for me is that they seem like petty tantrums that should be left at an appropriate age. If you want to succeed further start with a relatable and resonating storyline. Good ones tend to penetrate cultural differences. For example: I've recently watched a film called 'The City of God'. Great film. Now I'm not a little Brazilian kid, but I could resonate with feelings like power, jealousy, love, lust... The characters don't have to be white, straight or male. It’s a question of depth. Most reviewers quite frankly discredited themselves by telling would be buyers to ignore the tens of thousands of frustrated fans. We're not cattle to use for a quick financial gain. The insolence to then write articles to explain why the unhappy gamers are wrong is quite frankly outrageous. In my opinion there is nothing to attach to in this story and a mark of a good story is usually memorable characters. Are these though? Expand
  21. Sep 5, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, the trailers sell a complete different game, it makes you think that this game is focused on Ellie and Joel, like the first one, but the reality is totally different. I feel fooled.

For me the story is very important in games and in this games it is so poorly written, the characters that we know and we love are not there, it feels like the person who wrote the first forgot who they were. Joel could spot an ambush a mile away but in this game he trusts everyone without a reason and he literally throws himself to the wolves.
    The treatment he got was not deserved, he's just used as a plot device. All the things that made the part one so good are absent here, especially the ralationship between Joel and Ellie.

Tommy forced Ellie to search for revenge when she was over it because he couldn't get it himself?! is this really Tommy?

Then you are obligated to play as the Joel's killer for over 10h, and the game tries to force you into liking her giving you useless reasons that of course don't work.

And at the end surprise there is a message, Ellie lets Abby go because vengeance doesn't give you anything instead it makes you loose everything. Really? It's weird because Ellie didn't get vengeance but at the same time she lost everything and even if she had the intention to break the cycle of vengeance, how many people did she kill before the confrontation with Joel's killer? One more person to her victims wouldn't have made a difference, even better, the game would have ended with ,the only reason that made me play all these hours with Abby, vengeance for the undeserved death of Joel.
  22. Sep 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lefty SJW gamer here. This game is an overlong, mishandled self-indulgent chore. Killing off Joel was a **** insult and the switch in the narrative was completely mishandled. Robbed the game of any sense of momentum. Absolutely hated my experience with it. An empty, cynical game in an empty, hopeless year. F uck you, Neil. Expand
  23. Sep 21, 2020
    The only reasons I gave this game a 1 are because it is visually a beautiful game, and because it has fantastic sound design and voice acting.
    Now for the negatives.
    Now for the negatives.
    First but not foremost are the gameplay mechanics. They are similar to the first game, which had decent enough game mechanics. Unfortunately, the mechanics in this game are actually a slight downgrade. Close combat is this formula: Square. L1. Square. L1. Square. L1. Repeat this ad nauseum on the hardest difficulty to win every engagement. The shooting mechanics were never that strong to begin with in the first game, and the fact they're ever so slightly clunkier in a newer game is more damaging than it would have been if this was the first entry in the series. You are supposed to IMPROVE, not regress. Collecting equipment is ultimately a waste of time, as the final encounter is just the aforementioned garbage melee combat mechanics, and your resources are reset each time you switch characters... which brings me to the REAL problem I have with this game.

THE STORY.
    Holy bajeezus. The plot is all over the place. This game has no understanding of narrative cohesion. The idea of proper character setups and plot arc payoffs are utterly alien to whoever the writers on this game were. This is not Naughty Dog's first narrative abortion, the first being Uncharted 4, but this is by far on a level beyond anything I've yet to encounter in a major AAA title since Mass Effect 3's hot garbage of a plot. The deaths of numerous characters is not even remotely my problem, because if so, I would never have fallen in love with Game of Thrones. Instead, it's about the narrative cohesion: There isn't any. You leap from one narrative to an entirely different one midway through. The hamfisted efforts the plot makes from then out to get you to like a bunch of people you've already put in the ground and its blatant desire to get you to feel bad for them is ruined by the plot's structure. If the events had been re-ordered, maybe it would've worked... but it doesn't.
    But worse than that? It's the CONTRIVANCES. Every...single...major...plot point...is born from an absurdly convenient contrivance. Events transpire in the most laughably coincidental ways to get the writers' story to go the way they want it, and none of it comes from any organic story-telling. It's garbage. Hot f**king garbage. It is a mangled abortion of a script and Neil Druckmann should be ashamed of himself for directing such a schizophrenic mess of a story. And when the entire purpose of the game is to put forward a story over every other element, including gameplay? Well then you get judged based on your story, and this one S U C K S.
  24. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A história é basicamente vc matando um MONTE de pessoas por causa de vingança pela morte do Joel, mas vc não mata a pessoa que MATOU o Joel. Expand
  25. Jun 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst storytelling within a video game I’ve had the displeasure of experiencing. A game that portrays two sides to its story but fails to convince the player to care for the character of Abby who is Joel’s killer. No one cares or will ever care about Abby, a much more enjoyable experience within the game whilst playing as Abby is killing her yourself than actually progressing the story. I cannot believe after 7 years this is the best Naughty Dog could do. What a load of **** 2/10, will never play again. Expand
  26. Jun 25, 2020
    Great gameplay, and stunning to look at. But the bad story is ruining everything. Spits on the first game, which was a masterpiece. Stay away from this one, and replay part one instead.
  27. Sep 2, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If the game was supposed to make me miserable and angry, it succeeded. That’s not how I felt playing the last of us 1, and it wasn’t what I expected from a sequel. They can call it artistic, but it doesn’t change the fact that I didn’t like it and I cannot recommend it. Large sections are just walking simulators, the stealth and gunplay gets repetitive quickly, and there is very little innovation from the first game. It is one of the only games I’ve played through where I can honestly say that I was bored for a majority of it. Pair this with a story that is predictable at its best moments and rage inducing at its worst. Joel was never a hero, but the choice that he made at the end of the first game, at least in my opinion, was the correct one. I feel insulted by this games repeated attempts to vilify Joel for his actions. Even if Ellie could die for a cure, that was not the fireflies’ choice to make, and he was acting to protect someone he loved. Even if Ellie wanted to sacrifice herself, without a guarantee of a cure, she would basically be committing suicide. Joel’s only fault was lying to Ellie about it, and he did that to protect her from the guilt. I don’t mind Joel dying, but saying that he deserved it is ridiculous. Abby’s actions, meanwhile, are completely unforgivable, and then the game spends hours trying to make you sympathize with her. She is irredeemable, but the game insists that she is redeemed by the end and deserves to live. The theme of revenge being bad is not innately awful, but it is most definitely played out and predictable, and this game has little else to offer. Honestly, the game would be vastly improved with only a few changes, which only makes its failures more infuriating. More than anything else, I hate that they ruined my memory of the first game. There did not need to be a sequel. If this was a standalone game, and not a sequel, I might have liked it better. My expectations would have been lower, at least. Truthfully, I would give this game a score of 4, the lowest score I would give any game I’ve ever finished, but I am giving it a 1, simply because of the number of people rating it highly to superficially raise the score. There may be some haters who are bigots, but that should not take away from genuine criticism. There are idiots on both sides. Expand
  28. Sep 11, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I hate the Story in this game! I hate this monster Abby killed Joel. And I hate that you have to play with this monster! This game is just **** Expand
  29. Sep 11, 2020
    The complexity of the characters has been destroyed. Joel's character has devolved. Abby is one dimensional. Ellie is one dimensional. Just pass on the game. At some point the message has to be heard: you have to tell a good story to get people to buy your media. Loved LOU1. I'll have to find a way to scrub 2 to keep 1 great. :(
  30. Jul 18, 2020
    Well, a very strange situation.
    Very beautiful visuals. nice game-play.
    BUT... Horrible and flat storyline.
    It's the same bad as Disney Star Wars Trilogy and the same bad as Game of Thrones last season.
    If you are a fan of the first part - don't waste your time on this garbage. You will be totally angry and unsatisfied.
  31. Sep 1, 2020
    A sequel so bad it might ruin the original for you. Subverting expectations is not good storytelling. Its lazy storytelling.
  32. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played it for the First Time and already i have seen many plot Holes and unlogical Charakter decisions.

For example: right before Joel gets Killed, they all are in the Same room. Tommy should have Seen Abby behind him with a Shotgun pointing at Joel. Camera angle doesnt Show, but Tommy should have Seen it.
  33. Jul 23, 2020
    Story and the character beheviours and choices was badly written. İ regret buying it as a pre order and i am angry that neil druckmann has ruind my favorite game wich is the first game
  34. Jun 20, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thanks Naughty Dog for destroying my favourite game and characters with your sjw crap. Wtf have you done to Joel and Ellie.. youve gone from a heros journey of redemption, family and love to this dribble. Shame on you... Expand
  35. Jun 19, 2020
    Asco de final y trama aburrida
    Se esperaba mas después de tantos años y solo resultó ser un juego más de que es lo políticamente correcto
  36. Jun 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This isn't a game. It's a lethal dose of cultural poison/toxic nihilism.

Don't give money to people who hate you.

Most people seem to think that Joel getting massacred like a dog two hours in is the low point. It actually gets much worse after that.

As many unscored critic reviews have noted the story doesn't hold together, characters keep behaving erratically in constant about-faces about their motivations, worse and worse as the plot drags on. It's an hack job ny people in bad faith, without the writing chops to pull any of that off.

Add unethical, deceptive advertising, way too much misery, constant over the top disturbing violence, and worse of all a blatant lack of respect for the player's intelligence and taste, bordering on contempt.
  37. Jun 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. everything is good except the story is sometimes it doesn't make sense.
    I hate the ending
    > Ellie kill many people and then decide to stop when she got Joel flashback and let Abby and lev go. Ellie lost everything. why??

"""Edit"""
    > They want to make Abs & Lev is the new "US"
    > the plot made Ellie is the antagonist of this game.
  38. Jun 20, 2020
    I just finished it. I have to admit that in the 17 years I've been playing videogames, I've never been more frustrated. Save your money for some other game.
  39. Jun 21, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That game is an absolute insult to all the fanbase! Ellie goes on a killing spree after Abby kills Joe, and pretty much everybody Ellie loves.
    The story is a nonsensical revenge journey that does not pay off in the end!
    Save your money!
  40. Sep 2, 2020
    Despite the beautiful graphics and the minor updates to gameplay since the first one, such as a dodge button that adds another element of timing to combat, and the new traversal methods (prone and jump), this is linear story driven game, and so the story has to take precedence in any evaluation of it. Unfortunately, despite the brilliant technical work that Naughty Dog's team hasDespite the beautiful graphics and the minor updates to gameplay since the first one, such as a dodge button that adds another element of timing to combat, and the new traversal methods (prone and jump), this is linear story driven game, and so the story has to take precedence in any evaluation of it. Unfortunately, despite the brilliant technical work that Naughty Dog's team has accomplished, the narrative is where this game completely fails. As a standalone work, the story is poorly structured, predictable in all the worst ways, and bloated. However as a sequel to the Last of Us, it is simply insulting.

Throughout this game, all three of the returning main characters from the Last of Us will be mutilated, disfigured, or unceremoniously killed. They will make choices that not only seem inconsistent with their characters from the previous game, but also inconsistent with their own motivations within this game. The supporting cast is a parade of forgettable new characters who are violently traumatized, or abruptly killed and discarded.

The narrative structure is a mess of unnecessary flashbacks, flashbacks within flashbacks, pointless drama, and personal subplots that go nowhere. The story is blatantly designed to shift our sympathy towards our new protagonist, Abby, and her supporting cast. However, not only does Abby mutilate and kill our favorite characters from the first game, she is also a sadist who delights in the torture and degradation of her enemies, expresses excitement at the idea of killing a pregnant woman, and has sex with her ex boyfriend who is married and has a baby on the way with Abby's other friend Mel. These acts make her completely unlikable, and make the contrived "redemption arc" of her story feel unearned and unbelievable.

All in all, this game is a boring, bloated slog, with characters that feel hollow and a plot that could best be described as laughably depressing. It destroys the protagonists that we know and love while offering nothing of value to replace them.
  41. Sep 11, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the worst pieces of trash masquerading as a game I've ever played, and proof VG critics are complete shills. Either political or purchased, their reviews were clearly bought. The discrepancy between "journalists" and players should tell you something. And it's not good. Speaking of, the only thing this game has going for it are the graphics, which are gorgeous. Literally everything else is terrible.
    First off, the gameplay is exactly the same from 2013, despite multiple delays. I mean, you can now jump, but only when the game deems appropriate. I hope you like a lot of cut scenes with button timing events, because there are plenty.
    The characters make terrible decisions and are replaced by someone I could not care less for. Forget the SJW crapfest, Abbey is poorly written and a 10 minute backstory doesn't make up for the slaughter of a beloved character and the ruination of another.
    That leads to the worst part of this abomination: the story. I can't clearly describe the amount of plot holes, bad lines, and horrific story writing in this glorified movie of a game. You will cringe and yell "you gotta be kidding me!" time after time after time. Characters, especially Ellie, act completely different. For example, she goes on a revenge-fueled killing spree, only to give-up at the end and let the man/girl who killed Joel go. In fact, she helps her escape. What??
    Just kidding. The absolute worst part is the graphic sex scene between Abbey & Owen, complete with bent over back dooring. It is just terrible and adds nothing more than unbelievable gratuitous shock value. And if you're wondering. Owen is Neil Druckmann without a beard. I just cannot make this up.
    Make no mistake, if you loved the first game, this will leave you with the worst aftertaste. Neil Druckmann ruined this game with his ridiculous agendas & needs blacklisted from the industry. It is truly that bad. And Sony, what the hell were you thinking? You should have stepped in and stopped the madness way before it went this far.
  42. Sep 21, 2020
    I am very dissapointed I paid for this. Horrible story that ruined the series
  43. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Концовка сосёт жопу. Тупое говно тупого говна. Как так можно было обдристаться то! Expand
  44. Nov 1, 2020
    I'm literally speechless of how awful this game is. How is it even possible that someone actually green-lit that game? Characters are just absolutely unlikable in every way possible. None of the decisions make any sense. I truly can't believe they ruined this franchise like that, but oh well. It's very clear that 3rd one will never happen, because first off, nobody would invest on it, soI'm literally speechless of how awful this game is. How is it even possible that someone actually green-lit that game? Characters are just absolutely unlikable in every way possible. None of the decisions make any sense. I truly can't believe they ruined this franchise like that, but oh well. It's very clear that 3rd one will never happen, because first off, nobody would invest on it, so they could make it. And nobody would buy it anyway. It would be automatic fail no matter what they try to do. Even if they do Joel's backstory it wouldn't matter because what happens after makes it just meaningless. Pathetic. Expand
  45. Jul 30, 2020
    Beautiful Graphics, beautiful animations and grade of details.
    Its a pure joy to play this game until you see how bad the story is.
    I avoided all trailers and review about this game. I also avoided all the hate comments. But after a lot o playing it, i have to admit: The story is no fun and not interesting at all. It really sucks! They made such bad decisions.. that really earned this bad
    Beautiful Graphics, beautiful animations and grade of details.
    Its a pure joy to play this game until you see how bad the story is.
    They made such bad decisions.. that really earned this bad metascore.
    Its a real bummer.. it could have been the game of the year.. but now its the disappointment of the year.

The game would get more Stars, but i just wasnt even able to play it trough the end. And the worst signal: i dont care at all how the story continues. Because the Story is simply stupid, boring, frustrating. Yes.. all other thinks are amazing, but you cannot write such a bad story and come through with it.

And you can give us all the nice graphic that you want.. if the story is that stupid.. nothing can help.
  46. Sep 27, 2020
    Literally all the aspect of the game are good except for the storyline. Which is like the 60% of the game. So why I'm giving 0 you might ask. The answer is very simple, and it does not only concern the ground level plot and how it is awfully slammed inside the game chronologically speaking, but even all the terrible actions that Naughty Dog and Sony made when the leaks came out. And mostLiterally all the aspect of the game are good except for the storyline. Which is like the 60% of the game. So why I'm giving 0 you might ask. The answer is very simple, and it does not only concern the ground level plot and how it is awfully slammed inside the game chronologically speaking, but even all the terrible actions that Naughty Dog and Sony made when the leaks came out. And most importantly, WHY all the leaks came out in the first place. I can not come up with a worst scenario possible when i think of the release on this game. Expand
  47. Sep 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. good gameplay
    but the worst part is the plot you don't kill the most beloved character of the game and then make you control its killer trying to justify why she did that you can't just love a character after what she did and o god what they did during the trailer making us believe that joel was gonna be in the game but no at the end was another character that is not something that you do to your fans but hey he killed her father yeah a medic that just took in a day the decision to kill ellie you don't just do that as doctor there are more thing you can do as a doctor to develop a vaccine even if its possible to make one, if you are a fan I just recommend you to play it if you want to watch get a bad ending that is not satisfactory
  48. Jun 19, 2020
    It was a game that I really expected.
    But I was really disappointed.
    This is a zero-point game.
  49. Jun 30, 2020
    by far the worst game I've ever played. I give this game 1/10 because of several things: making old characters, that every fan of the part I beyond recognition, false advertising, boring gameplay and new characters, that are not even close to characters from the original game. ND you need to APOLOGISE to the fans FOR THIS HUGE FAILURE.
  50. Jun 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOLIERS
    El juego realmente me ha decepcionado, y aun varios días después de su lanzamiento no me quito de la cabeza la insultante trama que han hecho. Además de una publicidad previa engañosa con " la continuación de la historia de Ellie y Joel" , que todos sabemos que de eso no tiene nada, han hecho una trama traicionando a la saga ya que a las dos hora desaparece dicha oportunidad de volver a juntar a la pareja más querida, con un giro en la trama insultante, sin sentido, y sacado de la manga. Para colmo, que el personaje de Manny ( la representación de Neil Druckman, ya que se le parece muchísimo demasiado) escupa a Joel, me parece un insulto y un desprecio hacia los fans. Luego, el personaje de Abby, un personaje que por culpa de la mala estructuración de la trama se te hace imposible conectar con ella, tenemos que controlarla durante casi medio juego, lo cual después de lo que ha hecho se hace muy tedioso. También, despues de matar a tantos seraphitas con Abby y formar pareja con Lev, nos damos cuenta que intentan darle una figura cómo la de Joel y Ellie dando a entender que es un intento de asemejanza para los fans, aunque consigue todo lo contrario y acaba siendo insultante. Por otro lado, además de hacernos ver a Joel cómo un ser malo y despreciable durante casi todo el juego y a Ellie como una loca sanguinaria, hacia el final del juego nos hacen pegarle una paliza a Ellie a manos de Abby después de haber matado a Jesse y a Tommy ( al menos eso pensamos en ese momento) haciendo que nos den ganas de tirar el mando contra la tele. Y por último , la aparición forzada de la nada de Tommy para incitar a Ellie a vengarse y la conclusión de los hechos , dejando a entender además otra vez, que Joel era malo y que nunca dejó decidir a Ellie ( los luciérnagas tampoco la dejaron decidir, pero bueno...el mal guión) hace que el final te dejé con un muy mal de sabor de boca y que junto a la excelente y melancólica banda sonora de Gustavo Santa Olalla te cuestiones, porque han hecho esto ? Porque han tomado esta dirección de juego ? Porque han jodido así a un personaje y a una saga... Porque ? Al menos los flashbaks de Ellie , el Gameplay y la BSO hacen algo pasable el juego sin embargo me es imposible dar un aprobado , porque en este juego no buscaba Gameplay , buscaba historia y ojalá que Naughty recapacite de tanta queja hay de este juego y haga algo al respecto....
  51. Sep 5, 2020
    I’ve played this game 3 times so far and now i felt that i’m able to score it:

Story: 6/10 (Reasons: Abby’s part of the game is poorly written, boring from times to times and has lot’s of flaws) Gameplay: 9/10 (Reasons: You’ll find rare glitches/bugs here and there but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s top notch) Graphics: 10/10 (Reasons: Their attention to every single detail is
    I’ve played this game 3 times so far and now i felt that i’m able to score it:

Graphics: 10/10 (Reasons: Their attention to every single detail is never before seen in a video game)

Music & Atmosphere: 10/10 (No Comments)

Overall, if i personally was a game journalist/reviewer i wouldn’t give this sequel a 10/10 nor a 0/10 because in both cases i would be lying on myself & on the gamers!! In my PERSONAL OPINION and as a long time TLOU Follower this sequel should be scored by a solid 7/10 (Reasons: Such game is built on it’s narrative and character's and Naughty Dog failed to delivers)
  52. Sep 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An absolute waste of time where they make you hate a character that you don't even get to kill at the end of the game Expand
  53. Jun 19, 2020
    Omg such a disappointment and such bad,disguasting not worth to play story i really dont know how to fell after the ending but one thing i know naughty dog is finished itself
  54. Jun 19, 2020
    The creator must have hated the first game. So sad to see how beloved characters are treated, just because of the politcal climate in 2020
  55. Sep 23, 2020
    The game wasn't that good. Same copy paste cookie cutter gameplay from the last.
  56. Jun 19, 2020
    As a naughty dog fan everything they have blessed us with has stuck with me. Wanting to try wumpa fruit with Crash, hang out with Jak and Daxter, or adventure with Nathan Drake. Evey game felt like a work of art. This did not.
  57. Jun 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Такого позора я не ожидал, я так любил первую часть, вот что бывает когда хорошие специалисты уходят из такой огромной фирмы Expand
  58. Jun 29, 2020
    Impossible to play. The whole game is saturated with this propaganda, but it is very beautiful, but I am one of those people who do not care about graphics. For me, the plot is important, the study of characters, but the graphics in my opinion are in last place. I expected more from the game, and the developers just spat in the soul of the players.
  59. Jun 19, 2020
    Neil this post is addressed to you. Why did you put propaganda of your values into the game? many people do not share it. You did it on purpose. The first part was great. The plot of the second part is complete nonsense. I liked the gameplay. But the story is pure nonsense and also with propaganda.
  60. Sep 27, 2020
    The story and pacing is terrible and they even did false advertising
    It butchers the personalities of the characters like Joel and Ellie as well
  61. Oct 5, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would accept Abby's tragedy if it (the tragedy and Abby herself) were revealed at least 10%. Everything is put through the ass and the plot is passed through the machine "here is our new character - love him because we said so. Don't like it? But how, she saves a girl and a boy! And look, she wants to be with Owen, but she can't! What a poor thing... Still not in love? But she had lost her father! How did she torture to death the man who saved her life? But he killed his FATHER!!! OOOOOOOOOO!!! There was such chemistry with him!!! How was it not? And the Zebra? ZEBRA ALSO!!!"
    When we start the game for Abby, we see how Danny is killed - one of her friends. Just 5 minutes later, she says, **** Danny, I would have shot him myself." Wow. This is empathy and empathy for the fact that your partner died. Mmmmm. Very cool.
    When Lev and his sister ask Abby why SHE's helping them, she CAN't EVEN answer. She mumbles something like "well, that's the way it should be... uh... well, you don't deserve this fate... uuuuu" and that's it. No logic. It does these things because the game's creators made it so. And let's remember what Abby said in response to Ellie saying that her friend Dina was pregnant? Abby said, "okay!" and if it hadn'T been for the LION, Abby would have killed a pregnant Dinah and never experienced any feelings of regret or any other human emotion.
    And about the terrorist organization - in a conversation with Owen, Abby says that people are to blame for joining the organization to "scars" and undermine roadblocks and kill people. In response to Owen that the Cicadas did the same thing, Abby says, "WELL, that's different!!! WE WERE NAIVE!!!!!". So when Abby and her friends kill people and blow up roadblocks, it's OKAY, but when others do it, it's bad. Cool. It is not a terrorist organization that even in the first part of the explosion in the city caused a stir, commotion and terror. What about the fact that GEOL saved Abby not just from death, but from a fate far worse than death. If it wasn't for Joel, Abby would have been eaten alive, and even if and fate is far worse than death. If it wasn't for Joel, Abby would have been eaten alive, and even if she wasn't, she would have been bitten 1000% and would have turned into one of the zombies, which is much worse, and throughout both games we saw how people preferred suicide instead of transformation. But Abby doesn't think for a second about not torturing Joel, but at least giving him A quick death. No, Oh nooooo. She tortures him with a special passion. When she is saved by 2 "scars", for some reason she decides to help them. Oh, Yes, let'S remember why. Because she HAD a DREAM! SLEEP, CARL! SHE JUST HAD A ****ING DREAM. And SO IMBUED that I went to the back of the hospital, almost died 2 times to get medicine. Wow. This is a change of character. The BEST the KILLER "SCARS" for four years, SUDDENLY after the sex scene and the DREAM becomes dobrodruzny. The sudden rescue of two scars is not justified by anything other than the line-by-line message of the creators "LOOK! ABBY'S GOOD!!! BETTER THAN ELLIE!!!!! LOVE ABBY!!!!!!!!!!"
  62. Jun 19, 2020
    This game is a mess, it wants to be unpredictable at the cost of stupid acts. The gameplay and graphics are decent, but the narrative is what totally destroys the experience, from the prologue you can see how they dispose of one of the important characters from the first game in such a horrendous way and the supposed lesson Ellie learns in the ending doesn't make any sense. This gameThis game is a mess, it wants to be unpredictable at the cost of stupid acts. The gameplay and graphics are decent, but the narrative is what totally destroys the experience, from the prologue you can see how they dispose of one of the important characters from the first game in such a horrendous way and the supposed lesson Ellie learns in the ending doesn't make any sense. This game appeals to the morbid to attract attention, but without a good story it becomes tiresome. The franchise did not deserve this type of treatment. Expand
  63. Sep 10, 2020
    This game is bad. Don’t trust the critics and spare your wallet, the game is just bad
  64. Sep 11, 2020
    Awful game in pretty much every way except graphics, but graphics do not make the game.
  65. Jun 27, 2020
    The game is good visually, but the plot is a very weak side of this game, gameplay is very tight and boring

Story 0/10
    Gameplay - 0/10
    Graphics - 6/10 but game based on the plot should not be judged on graphics

If you played the Part I then you definitely won’t like this game.
  66. Aug 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My advice to anyone planning to get this game.

1. If you've played the 1st game and you love it. Keep those memories. Don't buy the part 2. I suggest you rent or buy 2nd hand from someone online. Take your time playing the game and accept the fact that gameplay is important than storyline, if that works for you. Or just bare with it. Or better yet, skip it. Yes, like this is an actual warning, If you're kind of attached to the previous characters. You won't like what naughty dog did to them now. It's has little to no moral value in this release compares to its predecessor. I enjoy the game but the story ruins it.

2. If you never played the 1st game or don't really care about the story line, by all means please do get it. It's a very good game. Now Ellie can jump (That jumping animation tho,I giggled a bit). The graphics, what can I say.. Triple A game has the best graphic. What else to add?.. The map, yes. Its big. (Skyrim got big map). The graphic. I've mentioned that. It's good. Yes. Its good game. Gameplay is sometimes is important than the storyline.

Note - This game is not for everyone. It is not because of the adult theme or gory and brutal content/game play. Some might say or relate it with the Star Wars franchise...The story line. It's bad, really, really bad and it doesn't add up.
    Not going to spoiled it. But if you're interested and don't mind with spoilers you can find reviews, react or walkthrough online.

I avoided the spoilers because I thought it was fake I believe Naughty dog will never do that. Oh boi, how wrong I was to believe that. I never knew a video game would breaks my heart. The story is no way close to believable or realistic. You can't chew nor swallow it. You'd have to cut up your stomach and shove it right in to actually digest it. Oh don't get me started with the aftertaste. (Not going to bash it too much because I still like that TLOU2, even just a little).
    7 years of waiting wasted and I regret buying it. What happen to Neil Druckmann? I tried to enjoy the game but, I'm a fan of the 1st game. This ruins it, big time. I thought a good game was suppose to be fun, has moral values and leave good memories. TLOU2 strays away from the 1st game. It's bad. How many times should I say that this is a bad game?.. It's bad. Really really bad. The story that is. Bad. Bad dog...bad Naughty Dog company.. Bad dog.. Disappointment. That is all I can say.
  67. Jun 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm gonna put this review in 3 parts. First why and what I enjoyed about the first part of 'The Last of us", then a general review without any spoilers, and lastly a full review with spoilers.

The Last of Us part 1 is still the best game that I have ever played in my entire life. What did I love about it? The characters, the interactions between them, the development of their relationships. The game made me tear up in the intro! Like 15 minutes into the game. The whole game was a journey and every second of it felt impactful and like it actually mattered. The gameplay was good, but not the most important factor and probably the 'worst' part about the game. If I would rate the individual aspects of the game in numbers out of ten it would look something like this:
    Graphics: 10/10
    Storytelling: 10/10
    Characters: 10/10
    Sound: 10/10
    Setting: 10/10
    Gameplay: 8/10

Now to The Last of us Part 2: Let's start with the positives. The world looks gorgeous, especially for a ps4, they got everything out of that console, no doubt. The soundeffects are still amazing and I felt absolutely immersed in this post apocalyptic world. The gameplay remained mostly the same, just got a few improvements compared to the first part. You could argue the gameplay is outdated but to me that was fine.
    Unfortunately, this is where the negatives start. The game's pacing felt off. Some parts were completly rushed, some parts felt like a drag where everything felt like a big 'side quest' without really getting anywhere.
    The storytelling was all over the place, characters did not act consistent, character interactions and development was weird. They did not make a good job with the new characters, I did not care about most of them. Some cutscenes did not make any sense and the story felt forced.
    This whole game felt more like a huge 'message' to and about our society than a video game. I don't mind a message/meaning behind a game. Something to think about. But it was delivered very poorly. And thats the reason I don't understand the Metascore.

This is where the spoilers start, so be warned.

The Last of Us 2 starts out really nice, giving some backstory to what happened in the first part and introducing some new characters. It takes about 2 hours until the 'big thing' happens. 2 hours where you get reintroduced into the game. In the first part, it took Naughty Dog 15 minutes to get the player emotionally attached to Sarah and 'care' about her.
    In this game, they take about 2 hours(!) to kill Joel, the main character of the first game and it still felt rushed. Nothing led up to it. It just happened. Joel was one of my favorite video game characters ever. And I did not feel a thing. I was just shocked and disappointed in Naughty Dog. Like, I knew Joel was gonna die in this game. But that was just really low effort...

What's next? Ellie wants revenge and goes after Joel's killer. But instead of putting the emphasis on that, we get a plain love story about Dina and Ellie. Distracting from everything else! Now, I don't care if it's Male/Female, Male/Male, Female/Female or Human/Stuffed Animal. But if I want a love story about some 'horny teenagers' I'm gonna play something else, or watch a movie about that. There's also 2 sex scenes in this game that felt completely out of place. They just added them to add them. They didn't do anything for the story, and just felt awkward.

So Ellie and Dina spend 3 days in Seattle. At the end of day 3 we finally get a standoff with Joel's killer, Abby. What happens next? We have to play Abby, the person that tortured and killed Joel, for 10(!!) hours worth of gameplay. 10 hours of Naughty Dog trying to make you like this character. But they are trying way too hard, a lot of it felt off, weird and just wrong. It did not work for me, I still dislike this character.
    Personally, I hated every second of it. I get the message: Ellie and Abby are 'the same'. Neither of them is evil, nor entirely good. Blah blah blah...
    Naughty Dog deceived (And it was intentional deception, they admitted it!) the players by making you think Ellie and Joel are gonna be the main characters again. And all of a sudden this new character is 'the main guy'.

So you have to play 3 ingame days of Abby and everything you did felt like a big sidequest and had nothing to do with anything. It was just trying to make you like her. In the end she finds her friends dead, killed by Ellie. She is able to hunt them down because Ellie, Tommy and Jesse (A new guy) left the map on the floor. Which is just sooo out of character. Okay, Ellie just killed a pregnant woman and was in shock. But Tommy would NEVER leave the map. Just one example of the many character flows.
    Then you are forced to beat the hell out of Ellie, as Abby.
    2 hours of gameplay later you beat the hell out of Abby, as Ellie and in the end? No one dies. Ellie just loses everything.

I wanted to write even more but 5000 characters limit.
    Do no buy!
  68. Oct 31, 2020
    One of the weakest stories in gaming ever. Characters are literally unlikable and make no sense.
  69. Jul 11, 2020
    The plot is so bad. The ending is unacceptable.

Can't believe this garbage has been done for so many years.
  70. Jun 26, 2020
    Story and obviously the game will disappoint you 100%. Do not waist you money!
    Total Disgrace and shame for one of my favorite game studios (in the past) of Naughty Dog!
  71. Jun 19, 2020
    I learn one thing after playing this game and that is to never EVER trust the mainstream gaming media. They are corrupt dirty liars and no one should ever trust their reviews ever again. I am completely dumbfounded by the necessary insanity inserted into this game. The story is just dumb. A huge problem is the laziness with the story. The plot is complete garbage and filled with holes.I learn one thing after playing this game and that is to never EVER trust the mainstream gaming media. They are corrupt dirty liars and no one should ever trust their reviews ever again. I am completely dumbfounded by the necessary insanity inserted into this game. The story is just dumb. A huge problem is the laziness with the story. The plot is complete garbage and filled with holes.

***SPOILERS***

Joel looks nothing like in the trailers. That is false advertisement. The way Joel dies combined with the fact that we get to play as his killer afterwards is so dumb that I truly feel that the Naughty Dog writers just deserves a slap.

Naughty Dog literally destroyed this game and now they're blaming everyone but themselves. What was gained from all this??
  72. Oct 31, 2020
    Long, boring, pointless story with extremely unlikable characters and awful writing.
  73. Jun 19, 2020
    It breaks my heart to write this, but I really did not expect such a poor story after all these years of waiting. While there were a few genuinely good moments, majority of game filled up with plot holes. It just took elements of what worked for the first game without understanding what made them compelling. It seems like this game was done by other studio, but its not!!. The basicIt breaks my heart to write this, but I really did not expect such a poor story after all these years of waiting. While there were a few genuinely good moments, majority of game filled up with plot holes. It just took elements of what worked for the first game without understanding what made them compelling. It seems like this game was done by other studio, but its not!!. The basic gameplay has stayed the same (for better or worse), environment puzzles are almost gone. So remove story from the table and you are left with the shallow gameplay that will have you looking for some other game. Expand
  74. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sick twisted writer , first he kills off your fav character then he makes u play as the killer for half the game , disgusting human Expand
  75. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So I got the game early and played it. I read or saw no spoilers before the release. I never do.

So here is what I think:

Pros:
    - gameplay
    - graphics
    - atmosphere
    - sound
    - music

All those parts are undeniable very good. Its top notch. Sure the controls sometimes feel weird but they do in most of the games. It would be unfair to say this game isnt up to date in terms of all those points I mentioned.

Cons:
    - story
    - character design
    - character development
    - plot holes

So, even with all the pros this game is really really bad. It makes NO sense that Ellie act how she acts in certain parts of the game but that isnt even the biggest thing about why its bad.
    The reason is: character development.
    If you kill one of the most beloved characters early in the game (Joel) and want to bring in new main playable characters like Abby, you HAVE to bring WAY more backstory in order to make the player feel with her.
    I mean she KILLED Joel!
    How do you make the player like her? Bring more and more backstory before she does that. Let the players play 2-10h as Abby when she was a child or whatever. The backstory of her is basically told in 10minutes and then her dad is being killed. Thats it? And now I have to feel with her and understand why she killed Joel?
    Hell no!
    That is weak story telling. Really really weak.

Then there are all the other new characters. Nobody is likeable. Like really. They all feel empty. They are only shells without any meaning.

This game is just bad. Do yourself a favor and dont buy it. The reviews the journalists wrote are either bought by Sony or ND or are heavily politicly influenced. Sad thing is: because of that same journalists will most likely make this game GOTY. What a joke.

Safe your money and buy something else.

And last but not least: this is technically a very good game but the story/characters is/are SO bad it just doesnt matter how well the rest is done.

You want a good revenge story? Watch "Oldboy" then you know how to make a good revenge story that shocks everybody to their core.

This game right here? Its garbage.

End of story.
  76. Jun 19, 2020
    My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
    I waited 5 years to play this
    And they gave me a horrible intro and **** ending
    I just want to forget about this game.
  77. Jun 24, 2020
    Just finished the game coupe days ago, didn't spoil me before the release ... as a fan of the first game I really can't like this one and that's so sad and upsets me. There are some decisions were made which I do not understand. The greatest strength of this franchise is now the biggest weakness. The story has a lot of plot holes and it's simply not good. The gameplay still stuck in the year 2013.
  78. Jun 19, 2020
    Part 2 deconstructs all that was good from Part 1. This story makes no sense whatsoever. Why the hell am I doing any of this? Controls are cumbersome and swampy. I guess visuals are OK, but it's the end of the PS4 life cycle and they spent a gazillion dollars making this game, so this simply meats expectations; nothing special, and honestly doesn't mean anything if the game overall isPart 2 deconstructs all that was good from Part 1. This story makes no sense whatsoever. Why the hell am I doing any of this? Controls are cumbersome and swampy. I guess visuals are OK, but it's the end of the PS4 life cycle and they spent a gazillion dollars making this game, so this simply meats expectations; nothing special, and honestly doesn't mean anything if the game overall is boring with an ugly and disgusting story.

I think we'll just put this on the shelf and find something else to play the rest of the night.
  79. Jun 19, 2020
    From being a **** sequel, through **** plot up to buying/biased reviews and sony's censoring hipocrisy as a two perfect cherries on top... There's not a single good thing to talk about, just a total failure.
  80. Jun 19, 2020
    Incredible potential but falls flat on its face with unlikeable characters and cheap tropes. I wish I never played it. The storyline is just atrocious and lazy.
  81. Jun 19, 2020
    From a technical standpoint, this game is great with a revamped gameplay from the original and great visuals, but the story is just underwhelming. The narrative is the driving force for the gameplay and I honestly was not feeling the story. Like I could see what they were going for but the execution fell completely flat. But at least they tried something different from the first game evenFrom a technical standpoint, this game is great with a revamped gameplay from the original and great visuals, but the story is just underwhelming. The narrative is the driving force for the gameplay and I honestly was not feeling the story. Like I could see what they were going for but the execution fell completely flat. But at least they tried something different from the first game even though it did not work entirely to its favour. Expand
  82. Jun 20, 2020
    Blatant Slap in the face to the fans, I cannot believe how many lies I feel I have been fed, but this is awful, I have to voice my opinion here because I feel like I am taking Crazy Pills their is no way not one person at Sony saw this and said holy **** this is bad.
  83. Jun 22, 2020
    Bad story
    Unlikeable characters Bad ending
    Killing someone we truly care about because we played with him mostly in the first game isn't an issue the issue is how you kill him. It's about the game not having good high points like the first part. There is literally no depth and many mechanics of the game are useless and temporary. Neil you just destroyed a video game that was looked up to
    Bad story
    Unlikeable characters Bad ending
    It's about the game not having good high points like the first part.
    Neil you just destroyed a video game that was looked up to by Soo many fans.
    We waited for years for this?
    I love the first part and the only thing I like about the second part is that it makes me love the first part even more.
    Because it's the end of the world and it's All about survival no one cares about being nice or even or just. Your are the authority you are the judge jury and executioner and you have to adapt.
    It's all about hope and it's all about finding something to fight for.
    I'm devastated after playing this you just destroyed my favorite video game of all time. And for those who say that it's the right thing or that it's his perspective understand this that majority of the people don't want this so yes these ratings are well deserved.
  84. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us 2 is a true testament to how not to make a sequel for a game. While gameplay received better animations and such, it mostly remained the exact same and becomes monotonous and predictable over the 25+ hour story. While it’s not bad, you'd hope for a much bigger upgrade or overhaul of crafting and other gameplay mechanics, but many remained completely untouched. But the gameplay isn’t what causes this game to be a failure in my opinion, because that’s not what people really play TLOU for anyways. People play for the characters and story, which is nothing short of disappointing and misguided in this game. The utter lack of respect toward previous or even new characters prevents the player from getting invested in them, and the game fails to utilize the one relationship the player was already invested in going into the game. Instead they demolish that relationship, and never really show it getting back to anything of what it used to be. Most other characters in this game are stagnant and replaceable, and while they have good performances, fail to make me care about them in a meaningful way. That is, until they get brutally murdered on a quest for revenge. By the end of the game I was so numb to violence nothing shocked me anymore, and I’m not sure what the game was even trying to say through all this violence and misery. What I do know is that I feel devastated for Ellie and deep hatred for another character. I truly hope Naughty Dog lets this franchise die in the pit they dug for it. I absolutely loved the first game, but this train wreck wants me to feel depressed for nothing. Some of the lessons it tries to teach seem so stupidly simple I asked myself if I was even hearing it right. All I can hear now is the ringing in my ears after listening to one of my favorite games get pillaged and massacred in the name of “Subverted Expectations”. Do not recommend. Expand
  85. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A complete destruction of every character and story from the first game, paired with absolutely misleading marketing. Not a single character acts like they are supposed to, there is no satisfication, or conclusion to the story, character deaths are there for just shock value.

Trailers included COMPLETELY MANIPULATED scenes: That scene where Joel grabs Ellie to tell her he won't let her do this alone? It's actually Jesse in the final game, Joel is long gone at that point.

That point where OLD Joel and Ellie talk? It's actually a flashback, not present day.
  86. Jun 19, 2020
    Terrible writing that butchered the story. Great visuals indeed, but what of it, if the story sucks? Would anyone play this game if it weren't false advertised that much?
  87. Jun 19, 2020
    Dumb decision making, unlikable characters, outdated gameplay, full of plotholes.
  88. Aug 14, 2020
    This game is an insult. Naughty Dog intentionally mislead the public in its advertising, and has delivered the GoT Season 8 of video game sequels. The characters you love are murdered, hobbled, and discarded. The ending is a joke. TLOU 2 punishes you for playing it and then judges you for the actions it forces you to take.
  89. Jun 19, 2020
    I was seriously disappointed in this title because with the critics reviews I thought this was going to be a great game. In my opinion the visuals in this game horrible , runs horrible on my ps4, The story is simply the worse I ever suffered through
  90. Jun 19, 2020
    it is barley a game its a really boring soap opera that is a far cry from the story build up from the original. when you have to push yourself just to get through the next part it is not a game anymore. graphics are top notch but the game is full of bugs, horrible written AI scripts bugging around or doing nothing.

should have just made it a CGI movie people could buy, and sony and

should have just made it a CGI movie people could buy, and sony and naughty dog milking all these overpriced extra items to buy a 2300$ guitar come on really? just wait for it to go down to 20$ thats a fair price.
  91. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the Joel I remember would’ve seen this from a mile away. Expand
  92. Jun 19, 2020
    Good graphics, but story and gameplay outdated. TLoU was way better I think they tried to much about this game.
  93. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pure trash. This was as big of a let down as season 8 of GOT. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Give it 1 week and buy it for $5 game basket at Walmart. The graphics were great don’t get me wrong, the story however was god awful. I get killing Joel randomly to show that he wasn’t a god, but to have Ellie turn the other cheek after killing hundreds of people after she gets a chance for revenge? Terribly and sloppy writing. Expand
  94. Jun 19, 2020
    Не этой игры я ждал 7 лет. Просо обосрали серию своим тупым движением и пропогандой. Про сюжет я вообще молчу. И да вы серьезно считаете что рейтинг 95 не куплен и проплачен?
  95. Jun 19, 2020
    False adverting with the plot, Naughty dog completely disregarded what people liked about the first game and instead shoveled out this trash, On top of that the crunch time game dev's at Naughty dog had to experience is inhumane just to finish the game.
  96. Jun 19, 2020
    Worst story ever. Naughty dog should be ashamed of themselves,the last of us 1 was a Masterpiece.....part 2 pure trash
  97. Jun 19, 2020
    I highly anticipated this game. I think to this day that TLOU 1 is simply one of the top 3 games ever made. The gameplay was simple but felt not at any point boring. The graphics were astonishing and the story was perfect from the beginning till the end. One of the few games I really shed some tears. The Last of Us 2 tries so hard to fit into its part one shoes that it lost the tone whichI highly anticipated this game. I think to this day that TLOU 1 is simply one of the top 3 games ever made. The gameplay was simple but felt not at any point boring. The graphics were astonishing and the story was perfect from the beginning till the end. One of the few games I really shed some tears. The Last of Us 2 tries so hard to fit into its part one shoes that it lost the tone which made it so great. Some things are great like the graphics and motion capture are almost perfect. The linear lvl design is almost all the time great and the melee combat feels real. But there are things which are truly not good from a players standpoint. The standard AI feels sometimes more dumb than the first one, yes I know you can rank the difficulty up, but that only helps to a certain degree. I wished for more enemy diversity to be more precise the infected. It feels like, "just more of the same". And the last important point is the story. All the different emotions I felt in first few minutes into the first one where unbelievable. There was only one moment I felt something for any of the characters and that one was Joel. All the others even Elli felt like only driven by one emotion and my empathy for anyone was very limited. Everything in the story felt like such a generic revenge story and there are many games which did it better. I watched the ending in disbelieve and sat there for a minute and asked myself: "that was it?" After such a long time playing this game(the playing time was for me about 20-30h I am not sure right now) it didn´t felt satisfying. I am truly, truly heartbroken for how they decided to handle the story archs. Was it a bad game? No, from the gameplay standpoint I didn´t think so. Was it a good game? No, the story destroyed my expirience completely. The hole plot from the first is perfect. The second one feels like: "We have to put this theme on it, REVENGE, REVENGE, REVENGE. No other thing has a place in it." I will play the first one, again and again but this game is done for me. Sad but true... Expand
  98. Jun 19, 2020
    As a game the last of us 2 is solid the shooting and the game mechanics feel very polished, however the story really brings down the score the blatant disrespect to established characters really hurts this game.
  99. Jun 19, 2020
    As someone who is normally a fan of Naughty Dog games and of the original Last of Us, I feel this game is a slap in the face. If you enjoyed the first game because of the story, characters and relationships, this game is not for you. Due to some questionable story-line choices, the game feels like a slog to get through and tries to force its players into a middle school ethics class ratherAs someone who is normally a fan of Naughty Dog games and of the original Last of Us, I feel this game is a slap in the face. If you enjoyed the first game because of the story, characters and relationships, this game is not for you. Due to some questionable story-line choices, the game feels like a slog to get through and tries to force its players into a middle school ethics class rather than engross us in an enthralling story. The graphics are some of the best this generation, but the game-play rarely features anything innovative and feels like more of the same as the first game. Overall, averaging everything out I would give this game a 5/10 and similar to Game of Thrones season 8 and Star Wars - Rise of Skywalker, this is one sequel that will sorely disappoint even its most loyal fans.

Graphics - 9/10
    Gameplay - 5/10
    Story - 1/10

Overall - 5/10
  100. zkl
    Jul 3, 2020
    disappointing follow up filled with inconsistencies, disrespect, a general lack of logic in decision making. despite the possibility of experiencing sensible, realistic, and above all interesting journeys with new and returning characters, the developers decide to shove mostly dry garbage in your face and force you to drudgingly eat it for hours on end. lets be real this series is alldisappointing follow up filled with inconsistencies, disrespect, a general lack of logic in decision making. despite the possibility of experiencing sensible, realistic, and above all interesting journeys with new and returning characters, the developers decide to shove mostly dry garbage in your face and force you to drudgingly eat it for hours on end. lets be real this series is all about the story and the passable game play is just a tool to tell it. if graphics and immersion are so goddamn important minecraft wouldn't even be a thing. if the gameplay was so crucial and fun it would be at the core of everybody's love for the series but its not. who says i play the last of us on repeat mainly for the really note tedious scrounging and extreme gore? sadists? a majority of people drop less than a week's worth of total playtime on the game then decide whether it was a worthwhile and satisfying experience. while the technical atmosphere was mostly great the drag of a plot is trash and kills the whole experience. delusional fans deflecting excuses toward strawman arguments instead of the real problem on how key moments of this game are total nonsensical garbage is actually just extremely sad. i was so excited to experience this new installment, now its all just dissatisfaction and disgust. this game is a 7 AT BEST, especially considering what came before. anybody giving this game a near-perfect score is delusional. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 121 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 13, 2020
    The Last of Us Part II is the high point of the PlayStation 4. The plot is controversial, but the game is the incredibly addictive adventure of Ellie, from which it is impossible to pull away from the opening and to the very end.
  2. Sep 5, 2020
    Not everyone is going to enjoy the motives of The Last of Us Part II. But if you try and manage to accept the subliminal and not so subtle messages as a fact that the world has gone awry and that people have the need to have somewhere or someone to belong to as their own way out, then... You will witness the boundaries of gaming expand. You will witness a true masterpiece.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 3, 2020
    If you loved the original for its great characters and well-paced story – stay away from this game. However, if you’re aching to sink into the depths of depression, or just want to cut some throats and burn some zombies – Part II will deliver. [Issue#247, p.72]