8.0

1. Nov 26, 2020
    The Outer Worlds to me was a big nothing as I found the shooting to be incredibly bland , The hubs as well , The AI is dumb as hell , The graphics and animations are dated , The music is forgettable , Gimmicks such as the disguises are poor , the loot is boring , unimaginative and repetitive so on and so forth

The games only saving grace to me could have been it's story and player

The games only saving grace to me could have been it's story and player agency but that's the biggest disappointment by far . The story peaks at the end of the first planet and never gets any better with some horrendous characters and cringeworthy humor . Player agency is fantastic but without any actually interesting or morally grey choices to make who could possibly give a damn?

Some characters like Parvati (Personal quest aside) and some missions gave me some amount of joy but this was as forgettable as they come
  2. Nov 24, 2020
    Excellent game! Exactly what an old Bethesda fan want. Lucky for us Obsidian stepped up when Bethesda became greedy morons. If you like games like Morrowind or fallout NV you'll love TOWorlds!
  3. Nov 17, 2020
    Quite nice Role playing game. The story is coherent and not too long. I really like that choices matter and being diplomatic can make your life easier.

On the other hand I found the enemies slightly bland and boring. And the loading screens came too often (but they were good ones)
  4. Nov 12, 2020
    really great game. entertaining. maybe the best sci fi open world game out there. cool graphics, good mix between laughs and a serious tale.
  5. Nov 5, 2020
    I enjoy this game, even I'm not biggest fan first person, silent character games.
  6. Oct 24, 2020
    Major disappointment. This game is half-baked in almost every aspect. The writing is uninteresting and sophomoric. The AI is brain-dead even on hard difficulties. Every NPC stays glued to the same spot day and night thus making the environments lifeless and sterile. The loot is boring so exploring nooks and crannies isn't fulfilling. The rpg mechanics and perk system are unsatisfying andMajor disappointment. This game is half-baked in almost every aspect. The writing is uninteresting and sophomoric. The AI is brain-dead even on hard difficulties. Every NPC stays glued to the same spot day and night thus making the environments lifeless and sterile. The loot is boring so exploring nooks and crannies isn't fulfilling. The rpg mechanics and perk system are unsatisfying and poorly realized. And the shooting is bad. Man, this game bummed me out. The only real plus i can give this game is that the skyboxes are fantastic and some of the flora and fauna are pretty neat. Everything else is just bleh. Also, almost all the characters are wack and i had a hard time caring about anyone because they all boiled down to one defining characteristic. Expand
  7. Oct 23, 2020
    Un juego que superó ampliamente mis espectativas, juego muy interesante, narrativamente impecable, gran variedad de armas e items, muchos tipos de mejoras, varios personajes. En definitiva juego imprescindible que hay que jugar.
  8. Oct 23, 2020
    The Outer Worlds is a proof of concept and not much else as everything in this game is vanilla , completely forgettable and as far as the humor is concerned pure cringe . The one shining aspect is the player agency but without an interesting story or morally grey factions your choices feel lifeless and the games roleplaying capabilities are good two shoes and dumbass . Yes you can't beThe Outer Worlds is a proof of concept and not much else as everything in this game is vanilla , completely forgettable and as far as the humor is concerned pure cringe . The one shining aspect is the player agency but without an interesting story or morally grey factions your choices feel lifeless and the games roleplaying capabilities are good two shoes and dumbass . Yes you can't be evil/individualistic because the Board is incapable and has no legs to stand on so why support them at all?

To this day people discuss which faction would be the best for New Vegas and 2 days later nobody discussed about The Outer Worlds at all . It's like people wanted to stick it to Bethesda or something!

The Outer Worlds peaks at the end of the first world ...
  9. Oct 10, 2020
    Отличная игра, но кажется я себе зрение испортил
    Было бы 10/10, но графика на пс4 мылит и загрузки напрягают -2 балла у прекрасной игры
  10. Oct 9, 2020
    This game was incredibly disappointing. The game worlds are tiny and dead, the perk system is usless, and everything about the game feels cheap and watered down. If you are looking for a spiritual successor to Fallout: NV, this ain't it.
  11. Oct 6, 2020
    So much talk, So little action. The story is not engaging at all and the leveling up does not have an addictive feel to it. Super disappointed
  12. Oct 1, 2020
    Too easy, too short, too much travelling between worlds and just back and forwarding.

It's no fallout.
  13. Aug 19, 2020
    Lo que me gustó:

-Todo el sistema de compañeros. -La dirección de arte. -La temática espacial, con todo y nave con tripulación. -Cómo vas desbloquendo bonus y mejoras al ir subiendo habilidades. Lo que está medio guango: -Los perks me parecieron muy poco creativos. -El TTD es la versión pedorra del VATS. -Para que la premisa sea una aventura en un sistema solar, se siente muy
    Lo que me gustó:

-Todo el sistema de compañeros.
    -La dirección de arte.
    -La temática espacial, con todo y nave con tripulación.
    -Cómo vas desbloquendo bonus y mejoras al ir subiendo habilidades.

Lo que está medio guango:

-Los perks me parecieron muy poco creativos.
    -El TTD es la versión pedorra del VATS.
    -Para que la premisa sea una aventura en un sistema solar, se siente muy pequeño en escala y algo corto.
    -Mucho ir y venir en las mismas locaciones.

En general es otro juego sólido de Obsidian, pero sin duda vive a la sombra de su New Vegas, no tiene nada que no se haya visto antes y necesitaba al menos un planeta explorable más para dar la variedad y contenido necesario.

Mientras dura es muy entretenido y disfrutable.
  14. Aug 17, 2020
    Does not improve much on the genre, but it offers a nice story with semi open world elements. You can choose between different companions and choose a variaty of perks for your own character.
  15. Aug 11, 2020
    Abundance of interesitng ideas, but it seems like Microsoft just wanted Obsidian to finish this project as soon as possible and start working on what they had prepared for them. The game seems unfinished in almost every aspect: NPCs just stand there regardless of the time of the day, shooting feels the same with every weapon, many planets are on the map just because.
  16. Aug 4, 2020
    It's not perfect, but it's damn close. Convincing characters lovingly written, an utterly wild main story, great mechanics, ridiculous guns. It's a wonderful game that everyone should own.
  17. Jul 24, 2020
    I never really enjoyed the fallout series but this was a great game.

I never really enjoyed the fallout series but this was a great game.

The combat I felt was a little lacking for this era of games in that you couldn't get into cover and peak, you were either stood behind something or you were in the open but the world as a whole was so expansive and in depth. The way your decisions affected each planet and the end game felt like they actually mattered and weren't just programed to force you to a specific ending. If you enjoy rpgs such as the original mass effect games then I'd definitely recommend
  18. Jul 24, 2020
    So underwhelming and forgettable. I love RPGs, but was not quite a fan of New Vegas, and I can’t quite explain why, but there’s something off about it. I got the same feeling with this title.
  19. Jul 23, 2020
    Didn't bother to finish it. I don't know what happened Obsidian. Story and it's characters are so boring while combat is even worse.
  20. Jul 23, 2020
    Beautiful world to explore, but most interactions and quests seem hollow and boring. This game had the potential to be incredible, but sadly missed the mark.
  21. Jul 17, 2020
    This is the best fallout not fallout game. Those guys know how to create one of the most interesting and compelling stories as well as good game play. Few minor bugs and glitches, few overlooks, but overall I'm very pleased with the game.
  22. Jul 13, 2020
    Damn! What a game. I'm not the biggest Fallout fan of all time but this game is the best Fallout game ever. My Final Score: 95/100
  23. Jul 6, 2020
    Its ok. Its not bad, but there really isn’t anything special about it either. The story is meh, the player choices are meh, the characters are kinda cool sometimes, the world is meh, the gunplay is meh. It scratches the bethesda fallout itch, but that’s about it. Its certainly no non-bethesda fallout.
  24. Jul 6, 2020
    the bandwagon with this game was insane it had barley any player choice and the world was so boring it just kept on saying "company Bad" over and over again like i get it u do not like corporations calm down. its like they thought if they made it any less clear maybe we wouldn't pick up on it cuz were idiots.
  25. Jul 6, 2020
    上年纪 没办法这么大段的阅读游戏文字了 而且游戏内容重复度蛮高的 有点审美疲劳
  26. Jul 2, 2020
    I was completely sucked into this game for a few days. Finally a satisfying RPG in the mold of the classics I grew up with. I think my review is a bit biased because of my age and the fact that the developer's older creations shaped my love of the genre. The Firefly series and Futurama are obvious influences in the best possible way.

The lore surrounding this game is fantastic, at least

The lore surrounding this game is fantastic, at least in my opinion. Granted ALOT of the lore is left to the imagination but there is a ton of room for the dlc and sequels to expand upon. The game is super fun from a classic RPG perspective but I can see why younger players didn't like the game as much as people like myself. The graphics and game play are honestly well below average for today's standards but the conversations are so varied and fun.

The games biggest flaw for me was that it felt unfinished in many ways. My hope is that now that the developers have some serious cash behind them they fill in the gaps because this game has so much potential, at least in my opinion. Anyway, I loved it despite its flaws...please don't become a Xbox exclusive.
  27. Jun 30, 2020
    “The fallout experience” I truly had high hopes for this game and it had great potential, but the game is just too ambitious for its budget. If they had a bigger budget this had the potential to be a masterpiece, but instead I gave the feeling of a ps3 game with blend game mechanics, but the game is really fun and has a dark and fun story. If you are a fallout fan this game is a must play.“The fallout experience” I truly had high hopes for this game and it had great potential, but the game is just too ambitious for its budget. If they had a bigger budget this had the potential to be a masterpiece, but instead I gave the feeling of a ps3 game with blend game mechanics, but the game is really fun and has a dark and fun story. If you are a fallout fan this game is a must play. I’m really glad that I’ve played this game, but it could have been so much more. Expand
  28. Jun 27, 2020
    Good game for fallout fans Gameplay and exploring the world is addictive
    Story and characters are good but not perfect
    Graphics are beautiful
    But it's not a unique game
  29. Jun 22, 2020
    Мне понравилось! Есть недостатки безусловно , но снижать из-за этого оценку бессмысленно , так как оценщики от игрожура не объективны , они ставят высокие оценки откровенно плохим играм , соответственно я поставлю наивысшую оценку откровенно хорошей игре, чтобы показать где должна быть планка.Мне понравилось! Есть недостатки безусловно , но снижать из-за этого оценку бессмысленно , так как оценщики от игрожура не объективны , они ставят высокие оценки откровенно плохим играм , соответственно я поставлю наивысшую оценку откровенно хорошей игре, чтобы показать где должна быть планка.
  30. Jun 21, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Херь полная. Жалкое подобие серии Fallout. Визуальная составляющая полная жопа, ужас просто. Не красиво, не интересно. Expand
  31. Jun 21, 2020
    It is short but dense. Fallout NV was my favorite by far and I hope to see more to come hopefully on the PS4.
  32. Jun 18, 2020
    A very uneven game. It has some serious underlying ideas, but the way they are conveyed mostly undoes them. Humour is an essential part of life experience; however, this game does not balance it out. On one hand, the game is telling quite a thought provoking story, but on the other hand it is buried in a charade. It is easy to miss the real story and just cruise through the game until itA very uneven game. It has some serious underlying ideas, but the way they are conveyed mostly undoes them. Humour is an essential part of life experience; however, this game does not balance it out. On one hand, the game is telling quite a thought provoking story, but on the other hand it is buried in a charade. It is easy to miss the real story and just cruise through the game until it is too late. If it had not been for Vicar Max, I would have rated this game 6. His character and story standouts in the overall charade. It almost feels like he is ready to pierce the fourth wall. It is easy to feel condescending towards his ideas and attempts to find meaning in his so obviously fake world, but are not we the same in our world? Expand
  33. Jun 14, 2020
    The game controls REALLY well, with input lag to an almost absolute minimum (or at least, to an extremely comfortable level). Quests are by and large almost the same throughout and just variations of fetch, persuasion, or kill but the voice acting/narratives, graphics, and general gameplay more than make up the monotony of the quests.

The only reason I will not give this a 9 is because

The only reason I will not give this a 9 is because the load times are ATROCIOUS. On a PS4 Pro (using a HDD, not upgraded with an SSD) load times can take anywhere from 30-40 seconds, whether you are fast traveling on a map or loading into a new world. Sometimes I find myself forgetting that I even had the game running if I go to browse my phone while it loads. Other than, it's playable and a good experience.
  34. Jun 11, 2020
    The Outer Worlds has most of what you loved about games like Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas, with a few added upgrades, but also a few faults too.

Firstly, the game is beautiful, but load times happen too often and take too long (playing on a vanilla OG PS4), The map is really bare with few details, and things like where and how you access fast travel locations and other map info is awkward and archaic. You can't set multiple quests as active like you can in Skyrim and Fallout, which is really annoying if you're someone like me who does side-quests in bulk, and then likes to turn them all in one after another.

Occasionally I will experience a bug, but the game is no-where like Fallout 76 was at one point. To elaborate further, standard buggy stuff like, the room sound fx not loading with the rest of the location, getting glitched into a mountainside or something when you drop into the wrong spot, etc. but like I said, overall it's very rare that you'll experience any of that.

I hate that you can't swim or climb up mountains, or really any kind of hill or incline. The game makers clearly want you to stay on the path, and play a slightly more "linear type open-world".

You weren't supposed to be able to climb the mountains in Skyrim, but you could do it if you really wanted to; and sometimes you want to climb over something in Outer Worlds to cut travel in half, and it looks like an obstacle that you could easily conquer in Skyrim, but you won't get up one inch in Outer Worlds.

It's something that was very frustrating for me at first, but once you learn the limitations that the game has set for you, you get used to it and you adapt to a certain way that they want you to play the game, and that's not necessarily bad.

The narrative tends to go on too long and get over-indulgent, within awkward areas of the plot, of pretty much any and most quests. The writing tries to be funny too often for me, and even though you have the choice of a string of dialog that leads you away from that, it's still written there and wants to be considered a viable option.

Do you like compiling endless amounts of junk, modding and breaking down weapons for parts to repeat the whole process? then you'll enjoy this game. There is a lot of that.

There are a number of fun things to do with leveling up and applying perks, and a flaw, that I will not go into because I think that it spoils some of the game, but it's definitely a fun and rewarding way to level up and progress your character throughout the game.

I think that the combat is quite easy, even on the hard setting. There is a hardcore mode, but I don't want to play as a survivalist, (have to sleep to heal limbs, eat and drink often etc.) that's just not my thing.

I guess a lot of what I wrote was negative, but you can see that I still gave the game a 7/10, and didn't highlight more of the positives within the game. I did that because all of the positives are things that you would find in games like Bioshock, Skyrim, and Fallout 3/New Vegas/4 to name some, and if you liked those games, almost certainly you are going to find The Outer Worlds is a game worth playing.

At the time of me writing this review, the game is $29.99 on the PS Store if you have PSPlus. Go try it out, it's definitely worth playing if you liked playing those games I mentioned above, just don' expect it to be better in every way, or even most.
  35. May 27, 2020
    This Game is my 2019 goty. Amazing rpg mechanics, great story and characters (For the most part), and ok side missions. A extremely optimized and polished game, with few bugs even in a unpatched disk version. Unlike the creation engine, this game is made in unreal engine 5, and looks way less aged than games on creation engine. It's a solid 30-40hr game that has incredible replayability.This Game is my 2019 goty. Amazing rpg mechanics, great story and characters (For the most part), and ok side missions. A extremely optimized and polished game, with few bugs even in a unpatched disk version. Unlike the creation engine, this game is made in unreal engine 5, and looks way less aged than games on creation engine. It's a solid 30-40hr game that has incredible replayability. Only downfalls are that some areas (scylla and Byzantium) were underwhelming (obviously due to budgetary reasons), as well as a lack of ng+ (Which I'm still hopeful that it will come in the following months). Play this game asap. I will have my look out for its sequel, which unfortunately will not come to a PlayStation due to MS acquisition. Will still play its sequel on PC. Expand
  36. May 26, 2020
    A better Fallout than Fallout himself. The gameplay is smoth and fun, the story is very good and fun. The graphics are amazing and the characters are fantastically writen. The follower system is the best in any RPG game i've seen. Nice job Obsidian, nice job.
  37. May 22, 2020
    Ну что я хочу сказать о The Outer Worlds на ps4, Obsidian есть Obsidian. Я не знаю, почему они так сделали игру, но такое ощущение, что "беседка" им запретила менять что-либо в фаллаут-образных играх. Вроде и движок другой, а такое ощущение, что играешь в какой то фаллаут.
    Начну с анимации, тут как говорится, найди 3 отличия от фаллаут 4.
    Теперь загрузки. Они обещали бесшовный мир. В
    Начну с анимации, тут как говорится, найди 3 отличия от фаллаут 4.
    Теперь загрузки. Они обещали бесшовный мир. В итоге из 60 минут одного сюжетного задания 50 минут я наблюдал экран загрузок (версия ps4 может на pc будет быстрей, не пробовал).
    Наконец прокачка. Я не знаю, зачем они меняли ее в "нью Вегасе"? В 3м фаллауте, по-моему, было лучше. Так вот сюда они перетащили ее из "Вегаса". То есть перки даются только в чётный уровень, зачем? Не знаю.
    Еще я не понял фишки с ингалятором. В него можно вставлять сразу несколько бонусов, согласен к месту. Но вот почему нельзя было простую лечилку поставить на отдельную кнопку или на долгое нажатие? Объясню. Аптечек в игре много, а вот всяких улучшалок не очень. По этому, когда во время боя тебе нужно просто полечиться раза 2 или 3, ты тратишь не только аптечку, но и ценные улучшалки вставленные в ингалятор, впустую. Так что проще поставить игру на паузу выбрать то, что нужно в данный момент и продолжить. А в ингаляторе у мня всегда была только одна лечилка.
    Теперь о хорошем... ЭТО Fallout В КОСМОСЕ!!! И это перевешивает все предыдущие недостатки. Хотелось бы русскую озвучку для более полного погружения, но имеем что имеем.
    И так, кому зашел "Вегас" зайдет и эта игра. Мне фаллаут от Obsidian понравился меньше 3й части, по этому дикого восторга не испытал. А так советую попробовать, может понравится!
    Кстати очень странно, но игра заканчивается после финальных титров. После этого в открытом мире поиграть не дадут...
  38. May 18, 2020
    This game broke my heart. The design (importance of skill checks in conversation/interaction, shooter combat, structure of multiple smaller hubs rather than a sprawling world, ending with a slideshow of the consequences...) is so far up my alley, it disappears behind the planet's curvature before you even reach the mouth of the alley. Sadly, when the devs announced it would be a smallerThis game broke my heart. The design (importance of skill checks in conversation/interaction, shooter combat, structure of multiple smaller hubs rather than a sprawling world, ending with a slideshow of the consequences...) is so far up my alley, it disappears behind the planet's curvature before you even reach the mouth of the alley. Sadly, when the devs announced it would be a smaller project, I didn't expect it to be quite this small. While I don't really enjoy 100+ hours RPGs with low-effort copy-pasted content that seem to be the norm now, this game is the polar opposite. Ideally, I would've liked something in-between what we got and something like what Ubisoft mass-produce these days, resulting in, say, triple or quadruple the length of what we got. In hindsight, I'm glad I tend to chase down every sidequest in games, because if I didn't, I quite possibly would've beaten the game in one sitting (the entire main plot line is shorter than a single main quest in The Witcher 3). The devs have mentioned plans for story DLC, but it's been months since their tentative promises and no details have been announced as yet. Expand
  39. May 17, 2020
    In a time when most of the biggest names in RPGs have largely jumped ship to pursue the games as a service model, it's nice to see there are still a few developers out there making them in this classic style. This space western feels like they took one of the best titles from the last generation and polished it to play like today's biggest hits. The gunplay, exploration, and underlyingIn a time when most of the biggest names in RPGs have largely jumped ship to pursue the games as a service model, it's nice to see there are still a few developers out there making them in this classic style. This space western feels like they took one of the best titles from the last generation and polished it to play like today's biggest hits. The gunplay, exploration, and underlying systems are all up to modern standards, but it's a blast from the past at its core.

Freedom really is the name of the game. The Outer Worlds wastes little time before letting you off the leash to roam its various memorable planets and interact with their inhabitants. As I picked up quests I was amazed at how open ended they were. You're given the tools and mechanics to be who you want to be and do things how you want to do them, with the outcomes being reactive to your every decision. Because of this there are many branching paths through the story and all of them are worth taking due to how humorous the writing is. While you're rather limited in terms of what you can do for your appearance, it's what's under the skin that counts and you truly can create any kind of character you want with things like background and selected intelligence or perception levels effecting everything from dialog options to combat buffs.

Naturally, all of this gives players plenty of reasons to keep coming back. There's more stuff here than you'll be able to see on a single or even a second playthrough making it fairly sizable for a AA title. To make matters better it's all very high quality. There are some issues however. A few bugs and glitches are present, such as one that kept resetting a companion's perk points and deleted whatever armor I would give them. You can also see some areas where they maybe had to trim back some things to fit the budget constraints. There are a few planets of the map that despite being named are unable to be visited. These will likely be the sites for future DLC, but regardless of whether or not I will be able to travel to them on the future I would have preferred it had I not been able to see them in-game until that time as it comes off too much like Destiny's paywall locked, on-disc content. There are also your shipmates to think about. Some like Parvati have fully fleshed out plotlines and interactions, while others like Felix feel like most of their role was was left on the cutting room floor.

All in all though, my enjoyment was hindered very little by the flaws. This is the kind of RPG many of us have been craving ever since we moved on from the Xbox 360 and PS3 era. Old features like not having a voiced protagonist reminded me how much joy I got back in the day from being in charge of every little thing my custom avatar said and made conversations far more personal to me than the automatic small talk that's been popularized by the Mass Effect sequels. The only thing I ever really want from my role playing games is to discover exciting new worlds and define myself as I see fit in them. The Outer Worlds let me do that without any aspect seeming dumbed-down for the masses or making me feel like I wasn't 100% in control. If those same qualities are what you look for as well, then this should hands down be your next purchase.

9.3/10
  40. May 14, 2020
    Старый добрый fallout до того, как он стал совсем не тем, что мы с вами заслуживаем.
  41. May 12, 2020
    Except for some minor annoyances, I will remember this game for some time.

Since this is the generation of nothing really new, except for flashier graphics and lots of remasters, I feel like this game takes elements of so many last gen games and combines to make one heck of a Action RPG / Shooter! 3/4 Fallout New Vegas and remaining 1/4 to BioWare Mass Effect, Borderlands, and a
    Except for some minor annoyances, I will remember this game for some time.

3/4 Fallout New Vegas and remaining 1/4 to BioWare Mass Effect, Borderlands, and a pinch of Bioshock. Very fun.

Not game for those looking for dedicated shooters
  42. Apr 19, 2020
    A great RPG that emphasizes content rather than size. Bethesda, watch and learn.
  43. Apr 18, 2020
    Это невероятно интересная РПГ в стиле старой школы . С интересными персонажами , диалогами , но к сожалению очень бедной . Бедной в плане контента , мало оружия, маленькие локации, мало брони и тд . Видно , что у Обсидиан было много амбиций и мало денег , поэтому они не стали прыгать выше головы и знала.Тем кто соскучился по старым добротным РПГ советую купить , не пожалеете .Это невероятно интересная РПГ в стиле старой школы . С интересными персонажами , диалогами , но к сожалению очень бедной . Бедной в плане контента , мало оружия, маленькие локации, мало брони и тд . Видно , что у Обсидиан было много амбиций и мало денег , поэтому они не стали прыгать выше головы и знала.Тем кто соскучился по старым добротным РПГ советую купить , не пожалеете .
  44. Apr 17, 2020
    The best fallout game I've ever played . This is a deep rpg , and one of the best I've played in recent memories. The characters are memorable. Its downright hilarious in some sections. There is meaningful consequences to your decisions, and addicting game play. Bethesda should be scared.
  45. Apr 16, 2020
    A brilliantly written game within an intriguing, relatable world. Some companion storylines are better than others (Pavarti's, Max's, and Nyoka's are most interesting in and of themselves), but interlacing with the main quest-line develops characters further. Strong rpg mechanics allow for a variety of character builds and morally-grey questing. Optional survival mode adds toA brilliantly written game within an intriguing, relatable world. Some companion storylines are better than others (Pavarti's, Max's, and Nyoka's are most interesting in and of themselves), but interlacing with the main quest-line develops characters further. Strong rpg mechanics allow for a variety of character builds and morally-grey questing. Optional survival mode adds to replay-ability, although it could be a bit more difficult. Certainly a AA game able to compete with its AAA contemporaries. Will leave you wanting more.

Obvious comparisons to modern Fallout games, particularly New Vegas. In many ways TOW is more advanced, but it's noticeable how it may have been improved for immersion (ie. doctors can't heal you, companions don't have a reputation system). Keep in mind that it is classified as a AA, not a AAA. Obsidian went indie on this one, for better and worse. Planned DLC will add to its value so, unless you're a fan of the genre, it may be worth waiting until a complete edition. A solid foray into a new IP. With any luck, a sequel will be much longer.
  46. Apr 17, 2020
    The outer worlds felt very much like fallout in style and mechanics. It was very easy once my character had levelled up and the combat for a FPS was not as good as Far cry which I’d say was a similar style of title in terms of gameplay. I enjoyed it however found it very short and lacked size for what is supposed to be an open world planet hopper. I also found there was little consequenceThe outer worlds felt very much like fallout in style and mechanics. It was very easy once my character had levelled up and the combat for a FPS was not as good as Far cry which I’d say was a similar style of title in terms of gameplay. I enjoyed it however found it very short and lacked size for what is supposed to be an open world planet hopper. I also found there was little consequence to how I completed mission e.g. all guns blazing vs stealth. I definitely found myself wanting more from this title, didn’t feel value for money. I’d recommend picking this one up preowned. Expand
  47. Apr 15, 2020
    Do not believe what you read about this game. I'm a huge fan of RPGs and in particular the Fallout franchise and, for that reason, I decided to check out Obsidian's new game. However, I was severely disappointed. The most underwhelming element of this game was the general story and lore. Compared to Fallout, it doesn't hold a candle. Characters and dialogue do not draw you in. The majorityDo not believe what you read about this game. I'm a huge fan of RPGs and in particular the Fallout franchise and, for that reason, I decided to check out Obsidian's new game. However, I was severely disappointed. The most underwhelming element of this game was the general story and lore. Compared to Fallout, it doesn't hold a candle. Characters and dialogue do not draw you in. The majority of quests boil down to a rather meaningless objective with minimal choice and consequence. Companions are uninteresting in comparison to previous games such as Fallout: New Vegas, and it feels as if companion quests are not fleshed out and or boring. Locations are also very lackluster. All of the various buildings in the world look almost identical. They are just a few different amalgamations of one another. I know this was done for lore purposes, but I completely disagree with the decision. It creates a monotone visual palate and does not incentivize exploration. A lot of the satisfying gameplay elements that are common in Fallout are missing in this game. The game lacks character, especially considering that Obsidian said this was their dream game. Where is the satisfying gore and blood in combat (e.g. bloody mess) or the interesting weapons( e.g Alien blaster, gauss rifle, fat man)? The leveling system and perks also felt very uninspired. Choosing particular perks or flaws felt meaningless. Perks were for the most part just statistical upgrades that lacked the uniqueness that I've come to expect from other games like Fallout. Combat, for me, was also a source of disappointment. Say what you want about games like Fallout 4 but the combat was dramatically better than this game. I don't want hear excuses about the game being primarily an RPG and having lackluster combat for that reason. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a clear example that both can be satisfied. I could go on and on about how the universe just didn't hold up to games like Fallout, but all you need to know is that the 1950s retro vibes of Fallout far surpass anything the Outer Worlds has to offer. This game is just another example of a game that sticks strictly to a good-evil dichotomy and does not offer any morally ambiguous or gray situations like highly commended RPGs such as the Witcher 3. The corporations in this game that serve as the antagonists are super uninteresting and not hateable. There are no NPC encounters that come to mind when I think about my time playing this game. Furthermore, the dark humor and morally insane characters of Fallout are all but absent from this game. Humor is mostly stupid and not funny. It feels as if it was toned down for an elementary school audience. This game is mature for chrissakes! Please, step up in these departments. This game makes no major improvements( if anything it regresses in areas like melee combat) over games that came out almost 10 years ago. I'm not expecting Rockstar or Naughty Dog level of graphics, but god this game looks like a dog excrement, and I'm not just saying that to be a hater. For a 60 dollar AAA experience, this game is kinda pathetic. I understand that this is a smaller project with a smaller dev team, but this game just does not warrant 60 dollars. Horizon: Zero Dawn was a better RPG, and it was primarily an action game! Although many people are raving about this game, I feel like much of the excitement around this game is simply due to a lack of triple AAA open world RPGS in the vein of those published in the past by Bethesda Game Studios and CD Projekt Red. The choice to spread the game out over several planets had a negative impact on the overall quality of exploration and towns, cities, locations, etc. Don't get me wrong these areas are not linear, but they do feel incredibly confined and constraining in comparison to other better open-world RPGs. The main quest, although I will not spoil it, just ends in an underwhelming fashion. There are less endings in this game than I have come to expect from a developer like Obsidian. This game does have some redeemable factors such as some choice and consequence, but oftentimes I felt like I could murder the whole town and not significantly impact my playthrough and the end of the game. Warning: For those who have played and enjoyed Fallout 3, New Vegas, or 4 this game may not be for you. I definitely don't recommend this game, and I hope this review was helpful for those who are on the edge or considering picking up this title. Some will enjoy the game, but if you are a fan of the games I have referenced it may serve you well to temper your expectations! Expand
  48. Mar 28, 2020
    Thank you, Obsidian, for making one of the best RPG experiences I have had in a very long time.

I just finished my first play through doing the main story and most of the side quests all in about 35 hours. While I felt that the experience ended a bit sooner than I wanted, I have to say that the Outer Worlds was phenomenal. I have always loved the concept of “pulp sci fi” and am a huge fan of New Vegas, so this game’s setting and design was an absolute treat. What I loved the most was its excellent writing (with all-around top notch voice acting), fully-realized and immersive setting, actual role-playing, and incredibly fun character customization. I felt that the game did a nice job balancing depth with accessibility. The experience never felt dumbed down, so I could enjoy modding my equipment and making minute stat changes, but without feeling like I was wasting time.

I did not find any glaring problems with the game. The combat was quite good, if a little simple and on the easy side. I also loved making difficult choices, although sometimes I felt like faction quest-lines tended to fizzle out without many real consequences. The ending also felt like it came on abruptly and had a rather bland final level compared to the spectacular locations throughout the rest of the game, although there were some cool touches that reflected the choices you made throughout the game. The loading can also be a bit of a pain toward the end when you are constantly bouncing between locations.

Minor issues aside, this was simply one of the best games I have played in a long time to where I felt 100% immersed with the characters and setting. I am a little sad to be here writing this review knowing it is over, but I will surely be picking it up again for a second playthrough!
  49. Mar 28, 2020
    I loved the Fallout Series, and this game has all that - a great story, engaging, realistic dialogue (and voice acting) and characters with interesting side quests, cool weapons and companions.
  50. Mar 25, 2020
    The game was a poor parody of fallout, the writing tried too hard to be witty and biting and fell on its face in both regards, the gameplay was tedious,boring and uninteresting, and the story was almost entirely linear to the point that if you don't go the intended route some of the quests seem entirely incoherent and unintended
  51. Mar 21, 2020
    This game is a solid 7 and I think that is being generous. Nothing in the game is quite bad, nothing is quite good or memorable. Overall the game just feels shallow and rushed, like they ran out of budget.

A few comments: -What is the point of all the chests? Most of them contain the same thing over and over, no point in even picking anything up, no chance of ever running out of ammo

A few comments:

-What is the point of all the chests? Most of them contain the same thing over and over, no point in even picking anything up, no chance of ever running out of ammo except at the beginning
    -All the weapons are the same, except you get basic to ultra versions. You use the same weapon the entire game
    -So many junk and food items, whats even the point?
    -Weapon and armor upgrade system is tedious to use, you don't even need to upgrade as most enemies are so weak
    -Side characters are completely shallow, why even more than Parvati and the Priest?
  52. Mar 11, 2020
    + good narrative for a rpg
    + diverse missions and a lot of environments for adventure
    + creative and beautiful world with multiple planets to discover
    + player's choices matter
    + impressive voice acting comparing to other rpg games

- a very few cutscenes
    - poor and clunky gunplay
    - unbalanced difficulty
    - last gen graphics with occasional frame drops
  53. Mar 7, 2020
    Too many dialogues... Sometimes boring, had to struggle to continue playing
  54. Mar 6, 2020
    Things I don't like include, the tiny text for menus which was kind of fixed in a patch but personally I still find it too small, Parvati was the only character with an interesting story ark, the draw distance for enemies did this weird dithering effect as if to try and hide them in the distance; through real eyes this wouldn't happen! Why have a stealth mechanic if the moment you attackThings I don't like include, the tiny text for menus which was kind of fixed in a patch but personally I still find it too small, Parvati was the only character with an interesting story ark, the draw distance for enemies did this weird dithering effect as if to try and hide them in the distance; through real eyes this wouldn't happen! Why have a stealth mechanic if the moment you attack an enemy all other enemies are immediately alerted; ok if you use a gun that makes sense but stealth kills with tossball sticks etc. should be a thing! When you turn up the difficulty the enemies just become bullet sponges which feels very artificial, the jump feels pointless without the ability to also clamber up on things like most other modern games allow.

One last thing, the in-game items are largely junk with no obvious use, however, when you look at items in say 'Deus Ex' when you look at them in your inventory you immediately know their use and can therefore discriminate between picking up something useless (or not) in the game world. OK, they've made a quick sell button for all the junk but personally I'd rather the game have less clutter knocking around as it breaks the flow of the game to look up if 'granny's cherry pop' is worth drinking to temporarily boost your stats. Hopefully this sort of nonsense will be ironed out in the next Outer Worlds release .

I suppose it all came down to budget and time but the things I've listed above and probably some other things I've forgotten to mention bring this down to a 7 rather than 8 out of 10.
  55. Feb 27, 2020
    I bought it twice, what else you need to know? This is the way, this is the reminder of good old times, when games were games. Complete product made with care, with no special editions and microtransactions. And one of the best writing I ever saw in games...
  56. Feb 27, 2020
    One of the most Amazing RPG's ever to grace the current Gen consoles, Great work by Industry Veterans Obsidian with their branching story lines and FO:New Vegas style Dialog system, had so much fun playing and finishing up the main quest with lots of Creative side quests and Good cast of companions but still there should be an option to have deeper relationship mechanic with yourOne of the most Amazing RPG's ever to grace the current Gen consoles, Great work by Industry Veterans Obsidian with their branching story lines and FO:New Vegas style Dialog system, had so much fun playing and finishing up the main quest with lots of Creative side quests and Good cast of companions but still there should be an option to have deeper relationship mechanic with your companions as post game content make them completely Lifeless. Other than that Amazing Gem of a Game. Expand
  57. Feb 21, 2020
    Classic RPG creating a world full of colourful and interesting characters while still putting the player at the centre of its universe; the genre at its most entertaining, fun and creative.
  58. Feb 16, 2020
    Utterly, utterly soulless. They told us it was a return to what the pre-bethesda fallout games were like, but if you changed a handful of superficial things this could have been released as a Fallout 4 expansion. Your choices don't matter. The story goes nowhere. The combat is slightly worse than Fallout 4, and the humour is sub-Borderlands. The Outer Worlds is nothing but aUtterly, utterly soulless. They told us it was a return to what the pre-bethesda fallout games were like, but if you changed a handful of superficial things this could have been released as a Fallout 4 expansion. Your choices don't matter. The story goes nowhere. The combat is slightly worse than Fallout 4, and the humour is sub-Borderlands. The Outer Worlds is nothing but a disappointment, from a studio included to respect a lot. Expand
  59. Feb 15, 2020
    With all its pre-release hype and given how embarrassing Fallout 76 turned out to be, I can understand why The Outer Worlds is receiving such good feedback. It's a good game, for sure, but also lacking in a few key areas. I did appreciate some refreshingly well-written dialogue and how the game allowed me to make meaningful decisions in quests. The weapons system was also really neat,With all its pre-release hype and given how embarrassing Fallout 76 turned out to be, I can understand why The Outer Worlds is receiving such good feedback. It's a good game, for sure, but also lacking in a few key areas. I did appreciate some refreshingly well-written dialogue and how the game allowed me to make meaningful decisions in quests. The weapons system was also really neat, namely the different damage types, mods, and tinkering.

On the other hand, one of The Outer Worlds' weaknesses is its scope. The main questline is fairly short, and the various "worlds" are pretty small in size. Even side-arcs like the MSI-Iconoclast plot come to an end too quickly. Also, unlike Fallout: New Vegas, for example, the overall conflict here is too black and white. The Board is clearly made out to be the "bad" guys, while Phineas is the good-natured scientist hoping to save everyone. I didn't really feel conflicted during my playthrough, which was disappointing.

At the end of the day, I had a fun time playing this game, although I feel it could've been so much better still.
  60. Feb 5, 2020
    Absolute sjw trash propaganda.Leonard Boyarsky,Megan Starks,Kate Dollarhyde,Chris L’Etoile should have been enough of a red flag. Over 80% of Obsidian developers being replaced by man hating raging Tumblr feminists should have been a red flag. Tons of self insert humor by the developers,post ironic humor that is not funny. It ruins the **** game. The Outer World's is not a good game. YouAbsolute sjw trash propaganda.Leonard Boyarsky,Megan Starks,Kate Dollarhyde,Chris L’Etoile should have been enough of a red flag. Over 80% of Obsidian developers being replaced by man hating raging Tumblr feminists should have been a red flag. Tons of self insert humor by the developers,post ironic humor that is not funny. It ruins the **** game. The Outer World's is not a good game. You **** normies who proclaim this game is good are either complacent or lying. It's because of brainlets like you, why we keep getting these sjw garbage games. Because you keep buying this **** and asking for more! The day of the rope can't come soon enough! Count your blessings everyday you sub human pieces of trash. It will end. Expand
  61. Feb 4, 2020
    This is a proper action RPG game with fantastic retro-futuristic setup. If you like Fallout or even Mass Effect, give it a try if you can buy it with discount. Unfortunately, it gets boring quite early. Graphics could be better, quests could be more complex, our character could have more moral decisions to make. I'd expect more from Obsidian. Oh, and -1 point for lesbian - I enjoy games asThis is a proper action RPG game with fantastic retro-futuristic setup. If you like Fallout or even Mass Effect, give it a try if you can buy it with discount. Unfortunately, it gets boring quite early. Graphics could be better, quests could be more complex, our character could have more moral decisions to make. I'd expect more from Obsidian. Oh, and -1 point for lesbian - I enjoy games as a tool to chill out, not to force political correctness. Expand
  62. Feb 3, 2020
    je m enNUIE!!!! je le finis juste pour mes 60 brosouf(je suis an de fallout et c est pas ca) quelques armes et 3 mod par armes(tous les meme)
  63. Jan 30, 2020
    Great Game... This is Fallout 8 with really "16 Times the Details" Vision! (^o^)
  64. Jan 28, 2020
    I just personally feel like this game gets all of its good reviews from people who loved Fallout New Vegas and also on the hate train of Fallout 76 and FO4. This game is empty, lacks entertaining game play, exploration is actually very limited and it was simply over hyped for no reason.
  65. Jan 25, 2020
    At first glance I was disappointed with average graphics and ugly posters. Atmosphere was awkward, but well, I bought the game so decided to give it a try. And one hour was enough to get totally absorbed. I have finished it in three days, couldn't stop. It has that addictive "one more quest" syndrome. Plot is nice, characters as well, quests interesting, fight satisfying. The worst thingAt first glance I was disappointed with average graphics and ugly posters. Atmosphere was awkward, but well, I bought the game so decided to give it a try. And one hour was enough to get totally absorbed. I have finished it in three days, couldn't stop. It has that addictive "one more quest" syndrome. Plot is nice, characters as well, quests interesting, fight satisfying. The worst thing there... loading screens. Long and everywhere. It was so annoying,,, Few times game crashed. But the overall experience was really good. Nice space RPG that could be longer. Expand
  66. Jan 23, 2020
    Solid Game, and in my opinion the best RPG in 2019. Obsidian wants to release a DLC in 2020
  67. Jan 22, 2020
    Des promesses non tenues quand au retour en force de Obsidian, l'histoire est sans intérêt comme la plupart des quêtes, graphiquement c'est moches et les personnages sont inintéressants. Les dialogues sont insipides malgré un certain humour et la multitude de loot est aussi inutile et fatigante que les écrans de chargement.
  68. Jan 21, 2020
    While The Outer Worlds isn't as great or interesting as the game it's succeeding, Fallout: New Vegas, it's still is an enjoyable experience and a generally well made game. If your'e a fan of RPG's this isn't a game to ignore.
  69. Jan 21, 2020
    super igra,odlična priča, dijalozi i izbor istih je sjajan. Prosječna grafika i prosječna duljina igre,malo prekratko za moj ukus...
  70. Jan 20, 2020
    The worst thing you can say about this game is that they needed a bigger budget. It shows in the graphics and general polish of the game. It's not at AAA levels. Otherwise, the game is as good of an RPG that you can play this year.

Player choice is key and the game revolves around this. It reminds me of other games like Prey and Deus Ex where you have smaller and more contained open worlds but a lot more decisions to actually make within these "smaller" worlds. Player customization is pretty good and you can pretty much figure out a solution to any problem based on your character build. It's not all about just shooting. However, the shooting ain't bad either with quite a few weapon types available. Plus melee is an option too. Also, the game gives real consequences to your actions, more in line with old school RPGs from the 90s, like Fallout 1 and 2.They hit it out of the park in the game play department.

Still, I really can't stand these graphics. Whoever chose the color palette didn't really do a good job. Objects all kind of blend in. It's seriously hard to make out where things are sometimes. On top of that there random neon lights and colors here and there that are just out of place. You'll have a sea of drab and then one bright neon object drowning everything out. Nighttime sucks, I can't see a damn thing! Player models are also like from last generation. What saves it all though is the dialogue and voice acting, which is all pretty good.

Got give the developers a pass for that though, because they are a small team with a small budget, and they managed to outperform most AAA developers this year. It's a great accomplishment and big lesson to these AAA developers who keep churning out absolute garbage year after year. I would say if you were disappointed by the last Mass Effect, this game can fill your space adventure void. I did not regret picking it up despite it's few flaws. Game-play trumps everything else.
  71. Jan 20, 2020
    Old school gaming, very well written plot which you are able to drive in the direction you want, interesting levelling system. I enjoyed a lot, the graphics are a little dated, but the environments hold up. Ill buy the DLC and any follow ups though!
  72. Jan 17, 2020
    A fallout in space. It ıs a delightful game. The game have mistakes but I had fun while playing.
  73. Jan 17, 2020
    Отличная игра, не зря потратил деньги на ее покупку. Советую ее пройти.
  74. Jan 15, 2020
    hermoso juego, lo esperaba con ansias y no me decepciono, una mezcla de fallout y borderlands estupenda, las narraciones simpáticas y muy poco aburrida, tienes para jugar por horas y meses este juegazo!
  75. Jan 15, 2020
    Really terrible combat, poorly designed environments, abysmal crafting mechanics. As for the supposedly good dialogues, I mean, OMG, how is this stuff any good? I couldn't care less about any of the NPCs, they were simply super dull and uninteresting. The dark humor tries too much, too hard, and falls flat, becoming ultra repetitive early in the game. By the end of the game, I was doingReally terrible combat, poorly designed environments, abysmal crafting mechanics. As for the supposedly good dialogues, I mean, OMG, how is this stuff any good? I couldn't care less about any of the NPCs, they were simply super dull and uninteresting. The dark humor tries too much, too hard, and falls flat, becoming ultra repetitive early in the game. By the end of the game, I was doing quest just because I wanted to be done with it all.
    People compare it to Fallout New Vegas, but for me there is simply no comparison at all, on any level. FNW had hugely better combat, better characters, a better setting that was still ironic, without cranking it to 11, and a story I cared about. KOTOR 2 was an incredible RPG, with storytelling moments that sent shivers down my spine. This looks like a third grader effort, in comparison.
    Finally, male NPCs are a bunch of rock-stupid and corrupt morons, while most females are powerful, competent and compassionate. There are very few exceptions to this rule.
  76. Jan 12, 2020
    Bought this game based on good reviews. Maybe I've missed something but after over 10 hours I'm bored of it. Was a huge fan of Fallout 3, Vegas and even thought Fallout 4 was good. But this game doesn't do it for me. Graphics are horrible last gen at best, everything looks the same as in design just different colours. I could probably see some appeal as the main story seemed likeBought this game based on good reviews. Maybe I've missed something but after over 10 hours I'm bored of it. Was a huge fan of Fallout 3, Vegas and even thought Fallout 4 was good. But this game doesn't do it for me. Graphics are horrible last gen at best, everything looks the same as in design just different colours. I could probably see some appeal as the main story seemed like something different but like all games like these the side quest "game fillers" you feel compelled to do to "level up" ruin the experience especially the ones in this game. The multiple small maps ruin the exploration like in Fallout and the loading screens between areas were longer than I would like. Learnt my lesson on this game to not buy games based on reviews alone. I wonder if the high reviews are backlash against Bethesda?? Expand
  77. Jan 9, 2020
    No estaba acostumbrado a jugar este tipo de juegos, pero me enganchó, gran juego, buena dinámica. Gráficos posiblemente mejores, pero dentro de todo un muy buen juego, recomendado.
  78. Jan 8, 2020
    Good game, not up to hype levels it's surrounded with, because these ideas were fresh like 10 years ago when Fallout 3 and New Vegas were out. Still, good game but little bit dated both technically and graphically
  79. Jan 5, 2020
    A high quality RPG, completely worth the asking price. The best AA game I’ve played in years. Puts many big budget titles to shame. The combat may seem mediocre at fists but definitely grows on you. Very interesting dialogue that keeps you interested for the entire journey. Interesting Companions and a great world to explore that rewards you at every turn.

Please buy this game and support

Please buy this game and support these developers.
  80. Jan 4, 2020
    One of the best games in 2019. Good scenario, good battle experience, and no bugs.
  81. Jan 4, 2020
    Outer Worlds is just an amazing experience. The game is just down right fun and obsidian nailed it. It looks amazing and runs well. You can continue the game even after killing multiple quest giving NPC's which is amazing sense other games tend to run off of so many un-killable NPC's. The game isn't long which I think is completely fine. It doesn't overstay it's welcome.

The only

The only negative thing I noticed was the enemy AI was questionable at times.
    I wouldn't even be sneaking and just walk right behind an enemy and they still wouldn't notice me sometimes.

Overall though I have to recommend this as a must play for RPG fans.
  82. Jan 1, 2020
    Outer Worlds is an extremely fun and unique experience. The world building is fantastic of this game, the dialogue is great, and combat is fun. The biggest strength of this game, is the writing and finding all the terminals. The biggest weakness is how safe Oblivion played it and how close to the vest they played. They didn't venture out, it feels like a re-skin of New Vegas.

Biggest

Biggest gripe I have, is the game feels so lacking of quests. My first playthrough, I was able to grab (to my knowledge) almost every single quest leading to the end of the day and some of them, finally went to me just having to fast travel and go to load screen to load screen and running from planets. Another complaint, is the difficulty of the game. This is one of the easiest games I've played in quite some time, even on the hardest difficulty. Mix that with the modding system, which never really felt that impactful, feels abit like a letdown.

Graphics wise, the game was fantastic. Virtually experienced 0 bugs or if it was, it was minor visual bugs. The customization in the game, is fantastic for your character and for the skill system. You can make a stealthy, assassin who snipes people and hacks and picks locks or a swavy gun slinger.

The choice system in the game, makes me want to play the game again and experience the choices that could have happened.

All in all, the games very good, be it abit so safe. Its above average, but just more of what you expect with a new skin.
  83. Jan 1, 2020
    among the most tediously boring games i've ever played. very little action. gameplay is all tedious dialogue choices with an uninteresting story, little action, a lot of item management, lots of travel, collecting minuscule amounts of ammo and zillions of worthless items to sell. missions/quests are generally something like travel back and forth slowly with long transitions just toamong the most tediously boring games i've ever played. very little action. gameplay is all tedious dialogue choices with an uninteresting story, little action, a lot of item management, lots of travel, collecting minuscule amounts of ammo and zillions of worthless items to sell. missions/quests are generally something like travel back and forth slowly with long transitions just to collect an item or make a single interaction with a character that's hard to find sometimes even going back and forth several times. it's just horrible and boring. Expand
  84. Jan 1, 2020
    I loved it. It didn't feel as much like fallout to me as I heard it was supposed to. It felt more like a modern take at Knight of the old republic however I don't think it was as good as kotor. The story was very interesting and kept me entertained
  85. Dec 31, 2019
    I love RPG games especially in a Sci-fi setting, but this game just couldn't hold my attention.
    My biggest problem with the game are the graphical choices. If your a Colorblind player:
    AVOID THIS GAME LIKE THE PLAGUE Non Colorblind players struggle enough, enemies blend in with the background The game is also very linear I was hoping to d do loads of exploring, but I was disappointed to
    AVOID THIS GAME LIKE THE PLAGUE

Non Colorblind players struggle enough, enemies blend in with the background The game is also very linear I was hoping to d do loads of exploring, but I was disappointed to see very small map areas where most of the buildings are not interactive leaving no sense of freedom. Gunplay is very clunky but in a RPG this is not the end of the world. Dialogue is interesting but doesn't hook your curiosity. This feels like an indie game and if it had a lower price point it maybe worth a punt, but at AAA price I'd give it a miss. Not worth the hype unfortunately.
  86. Dec 30, 2019
    I absolutely love this game,it's basically everything that Fallout76 isn't and Bethesda needs to take a few pointers from Obsidian because they really nailed the game play and story and writing in this game,Kudos to Obsidian for making an Outstanding game *Bravo*
  87. Dec 30, 2019
    After about 15 hours of playtime I just got bored with this game. Put it down and have never had the urge to go back.

It does have a lot of charm and wit but after that wore off I couldn't find anything that hooked me.
  88. Dec 28, 2019
    Not a bad game kinda lacking in environments and places to explore. Wish my character had a voice, he's kinda mute. I understand that's a obsidian thing but maybe we can start giving our player a voice? It's almost 2020. the game was overall enjoyable and combat was fun, but some of the conversations just drag on too long. I'd wait for all the DLCs to be out so it has more variety.
  89. Dec 28, 2019
    This is an interesting game to rate. On one hand it's pretty decent and software bug free but on the other hand it doesn't do a very good job with immersion despite its role playing nature. I neither want to bash it nor compliment it. I usually rate must have games as an 8 or more but I think for this one I would just recommend, so a score of 7. The load times on this game are noticeable,This is an interesting game to rate. On one hand it's pretty decent and software bug free but on the other hand it doesn't do a very good job with immersion despite its role playing nature. I neither want to bash it nor compliment it. I usually rate must have games as an 8 or more but I think for this one I would just recommend, so a score of 7. The load times on this game are noticeable, the color palette of the graphics goes from colourful to gloomy in a unique way. For me I found the game to be too much of a fetchquest. I really never felt any tension in this game and I think that is it's main problem being a little too focused on making you go here and there and back. Seems more like a casual time waster than anything. That said it does have different difficulty settings and the ability to invite party members with you or go solo. The party members can be customized and coupled with the difficulty and being software bug free I do see a lot of value in replaying the game. Seems to be many quest and dialog options. Despite being a solid game though I'm just not being pulled in. The game is kind of an amalgamation of other successful games and it does suffer from not having its own identity but rather refamiliarizing you with memories of all your past favourite games. On one hand that's great this game is streamlined to have all the key elements of many games but on the downside it's also "been there, done that" too. Pretty much a sell out design but that also means it's probably worth your money whether you buy now at full price or later down the road in the bargain bins whenever that time hits it should probably be a game to at minimum try. Expand
  90. Dec 28, 2019
    Great game, it's not quite as deep as I like their RPG's but it's an amazing first attempt and will stay in my collection, I really hope they get complete freedom to make what they want now that they are part of MS.
  91. Dec 28, 2019
    El juego como tal está bastante bien, tiene elementos de acción que son divertidos e incluso te suponen un reto dependiendo de la dificultad, pero hay otros elementos que necesitan ser pulidos. Los tiempos de carga en una PS4 PRO son horribles, casi a cada paso hay una pantalla de carga, y tarda un ratito en cargar, ha llegado a ser desesperante, por el resto el juego es entretenido, laEl juego como tal está bastante bien, tiene elementos de acción que son divertidos e incluso te suponen un reto dependiendo de la dificultad, pero hay otros elementos que necesitan ser pulidos. Los tiempos de carga en una PS4 PRO son horribles, casi a cada paso hay una pantalla de carga, y tarda un ratito en cargar, ha llegado a ser desesperante, por el resto el juego es entretenido, la historia es muy corta, visualmente está bien, lo conseguí por 30€ a si que para mi se merece un 7. Expand
  92. Dec 28, 2019
    For 40 hours I had the pleasure of playing "The Outer Worlds", and I think I did all the side quests. So the game isn't like Open World monsters like "Horizon Zero Dawn" or "Fallout 4", but it's just the right length for an AAA game. After all, you want to do something else in life.

But you really get a lot to do. You have to cope with the most different tasks, from simple fetch quests to diplomatic tightrope acts between different factions. I didn't kill much and concentrated on the "soft" approaches: You can paralyze enemy robots by hacking and convince your opponents with language skills instead of killing them. You have to kill yucky creatures and bandits, of course, but you have your companions, who are really helpful (unlike in "Fallout 4"), not only in combat, but also in other tasks. Sometimes it's almost too many quests at once. At some point, I didn't even know what it was about anymore.

Whining at a high level: There is far too much micromanagement in it for me. The skill and crafting system is designed for a huge Open World game and therefore for a game that you get through in a week simply too complicated and redundant. There is an awful lot of weapons, but basically you can get through the game well with a light assault rifle alone, perhaps supplemented by a light machine gun. You give them a bigger magazine and make them more precise - more weapon modification is actually not necessary. Modding armour is pointless. The "skills" system, where you improve more and more in special abilities, is too specific - after all, you skill a human and not a computer here. The makers took the system from their own "Fallout New Vegas" and already then I found it too cumbersome.

Further small stuff are the too small font and the rather old-fashioned animations of the conversation partners. But the English actors did a good job. The humour is quite nice, but still too nice and predictable for my taste. But hey, this is a game and not a sitcom.

Last but not least: I haven't found a single bug and haven't had one crash! The fact that you have to mention something like that at all is a nice greeting to the "Fallout"-makers of Bethesda, who still deliver defective products without hesitation and pretend that there is nothing they can do about it. "The Outer Worlds" is the better "Fallout" in this respect as well.
  93. Dec 27, 2019
    I was excited for this game but it is incredibly... mediocre. The game keeps repeating "corporations bad" without any of the depth that Obsidian's previous games like Fallout New Vegas had. The combat is mostly boring and monotonous.
  94. Dec 25, 2019
    Great game, especially if you like fallout. Took a lot of the elements of fallout and improved on them. I thought the game was decently long if you took your time and did the side quests. It did feel like once your character was built the way you want him/her that the game was pretty much over. My other complaint is the load times on the PS4 were not great and towards the end missions itGreat game, especially if you like fallout. Took a lot of the elements of fallout and improved on them. I thought the game was decently long if you took your time and did the side quests. It did feel like once your character was built the way you want him/her that the game was pretty much over. My other complaint is the load times on the PS4 were not great and towards the end missions it was a lot of go here go there and with just lots of load screens. Overall though this is still one of the best games I played this year. Expand
  95. Dec 25, 2019
    It is a really good step forward when you look at the games released over the last 3 years. Single player focus, world-building, kinda nice lore and good RPG elements.

BUT it lacks much needed side quests to lose yourself, divert from the main storyline and experience the setting created. The companions are nice but there is a long way to go before catching up with Mass Effect

The companions are nice but there is a long way to go before catching up with Mass Effect standards. You don't bond, you eventually don't care about them in the end.

Last but not least, the game is TOO short. Anyways, good work!
  96. Dec 24, 2019
    The Outer Worlds is a refreshing western-developed RPG experience, despite it's flaws. Objectively speaking, this game is really only great by comparison to it's recent contemporaries. If gaming wasn't in a spot where games are praised by virtue of actually working as intended at launch, this game would be okay at best. Consumables are basically useless outside of the highest difficultyThe Outer Worlds is a refreshing western-developed RPG experience, despite it's flaws. Objectively speaking, this game is really only great by comparison to it's recent contemporaries. If gaming wasn't in a spot where games are praised by virtue of actually working as intended at launch, this game would be okay at best. Consumables are basically useless outside of the highest difficulty setting, combat is pretty meh, not a whole lot of weapon variety, perks are kinda s****y, companion perks even more so. Yes we get it corporations are evil, you don't need to beat us over the head with it. Companions are bland, and the story is kinda hard to care about. Don't get it twisted, it's a reasonably good game and a return to what Fallout is supposed to be, but it's definitely not the be all to end all. I feel like this game is maybe a 6.5 but I'll be generous and round it up to a 7. Worth buying but probably not at full price. Expand
  97. Dec 22, 2019
    The game looked really good and was interesting until i find that i cannot play it the way i like it on the keyboard nor even on a controller because it lacks accessibility and full remapping options. These are features that most games offer that this game lacks.
  98. Dec 22, 2019
    The Outer worlds Starts strong with a familiar character creator, an interesting premise and better than expected combat, unfortunately my high expectations were swiftly eviscerated.
    The world design although pretty is uninteresting and repetitive, the voice acting is good but the dialogue is horrendous, the world building is all presented through text dumps on terminals found throughout the world, these text dumps only come in 2 flavours "Capitalism bad" and "Egregious violations of human rights" all of these text dumps are written about as well as a 3 year olds name on a pre-school painting.
    The thing I enjoyed most about the outer worlds is the length of the game, it was very short, so short I was able to complete the game in it's entirety within the 7 day full refund return period, this is a not a game worth $60 but it is a game worth playing when it becomes a little cheaper.
  99. Dec 21, 2019
    This game is a Pure **** you cant understand nothing and its confusion do not buy
  100. Nov 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is brilliant. I love this game so much. Obsidian have created a fun RPG Expand
  101. Oct 25, 2019
    An interesting study.

It is hard to not want to like this game given its pedigree. It is certainly a good game and a mostly well made game in its own right but that said the whole is not quite as good as the sum of its parts. Lets get the TL;DR out of the way. While it does a lot of what people expected of it from playing like a merger of Fallout and bioware RPGs the end result of
    An interesting study.

Lets get the TL;DR out of the way. While it does a lot of what people expected of it from playing like a merger of Fallout and bioware RPGs the end result of such story lines lack that same narrative spark that Bioware RPGs are known for. It takes the trying too hard over the top comedy of Borderlands, adds the romance, relationships and endless dialog of a bioware RPG, Bethesdas janitor simulator gameplay where all you do is wander an near endless sandbox picking up and sorting garbage and sets it with a setting and cast straight out of "a whole ship of Han Solo's" of firefly. To some that sounds like their wet dream of a video game. Honestly when its all assembled its like the worst parts of all of those franchises. Its tedious, ridiculous, and sometimes actually enjoyable. It is however long stretches between those moments.

The remainder is specifics as to why it plays like this.

On the flipside of the coin its mechanical game play feels a bit too simplified and lacking the same teeth. Especially when you feel the results of your consequent level upgrades. Playing as if theres really little change from level to level or even over several levels to major skill unlocks.

Its biggest flaw is its setting and narrative. Like it is trying a little too hard to be this much fallout, this much bioware, that much borderlands. Also the "whole ship of han solo's" trope is played out and honestly just as unbearable as it has been since the likes of Firefly first tried it. The "cast of lovable goofballs and badasses" is ridiculous and shows that the plot itself lacks teeth that could have been had with such a story. It renders most of the characters stories without depth and illicit little actual caring for their plight due to the ever present comical or whimsical nonsense lurking around the corner. It may be a style many people like but its the difference between watching some vapid summer popcorn munching blockbuster that cant even go half its runtime before it starts lulling you to sleep with constant barrage of "awesome" and pandering fan service and sitting down to experience an actual film with depth, that provokes thought and reflection or elicits genuine emotion
    that leaves you wanting more and more. That proves to be a BIG problem in a game that has so many hours of dialog as it becomes tedious and forgettable VERY quickly.

Do not get me wrong, Its a good game, but at this stage of reviewing its important to get a more objective perspective than people review bombing it into oblivion, or blindly fawning over it like its the second coming that WILL wear off when people get deeper into the content and/or when the novelty of it has worn off and when looking back on it.

Its definitely a game of the year type game. That said it marks a fairly pedestrian if not outright bad year in gaming. I would give it either the highest possible seven or the lowest possible 8 and leaning personally more toward a 7. However accepting the game related to the entire potential audience for it and trying to also not be TOO nitpicky critical siding on the games behalf I would begrudgingly accept an 8 as a reasonable approximation. Though definitely in the B- category.

Its not a generation defining title like say a Dark Souls was for last gen, but its definitely a solid foundation that a somewhat quick sequel in about 2 years can iron out most of the mechanical issues and give time to craft a better story while utilizing the same engine and assets or perhaps with modest graphical upgrades as an early if not launch title for next generation.

So personally I would say unless you are REALLY dying for an RPG right now you could stand at least a couple weeks for a significant price reduction and be fully justified in doing so. Rushing to pay full price for this I cannot really recommend because while a sound cobbling together its literally nothing you have not already seen before.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 77 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 3, 2020
    What probably best summarizes The Outer Worlds is that, in spite of my qualms with aspects of it, I still enjoyed my time playing it. It doesn’t overstay its welcome and by the fills a void that feels wider in the wake of many larger western studios losing interest in making dedicated RPG experiences. It’s not the kind of game to stand the test of time and Obsidian has made much better and more interesting games in the past, but there is a pleasant experience to be had. For those looking for that style of single-player RPG will find a lot to like and could do a lot worse.
  2. Dec 5, 2019
    I can see that while I play, The Outer Worlds is everything needed and expected from a first-person RPG, one that can then be expanded on in the future, with innovative systems, original worlds, and unexpected characters - they now have a hub to fit into. The problem for players is: why play this game instead of waiting for the one that fully escapes the shadow of Fallout?
  3. Dec 4, 2019
    The Outer Worlds is the Bethesda RPG you always wanted, but it's not made by Bethesda. This is one of the finest RPG experiences that let you take complete control of your storyline, and it's one hell of a ride.