6.8

1. Jan 4, 2019
    I bought this on a whim in the Xmas sale, and I'm so glad I did. Let's say it was NOT what I was expecting. It looks cute, the game play is simple and fun and has one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard. But I was not prepared for how messed-up dark this game is! It might look like a kid's game, but it really, really isn't. Laugh-out loud funny at times and not for the easilyI bought this on a whim in the Xmas sale, and I'm so glad I did. Let's say it was NOT what I was expecting. It looks cute, the game play is simple and fun and has one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard. But I was not prepared for how messed-up dark this game is! It might look like a kid's game, but it really, really isn't. Laugh-out loud funny at times and not for the easily offended! A true hidden gem. Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2016
    I bought this on a whim, seeing as it was developed by Nippon Ichi Software, the people responsible for the Disgaea franchise. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. The game plays much like Diablo, as it a top-down action RPG with a loot/reward system. The fighting mechanics can gt a bit repetitive later on, but the game's fun exploration and extra quests make it an overall enjoyableI bought this on a whim, seeing as it was developed by Nippon Ichi Software, the people responsible for the Disgaea franchise. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. The game plays much like Diablo, as it a top-down action RPG with a loot/reward system. The fighting mechanics can gt a bit repetitive later on, but the game's fun exploration and extra quests make it an overall enjoyable experience. The humor is especially funny, but dark. Honestly, I wonder how this didn't get an "M" rating. Within 2 hours, I heard the "F" and "S" word at least 15 times each. There are also a lot of sexual jokes and remarks. Point is, if you are not a fan of dark, crude humor, this isn't for you. I for one, found it to be really funny and overall the game is a nice hidden gem for PS4 owners. There's not much to go back to if you already played the original on PS3, unless you want to play a version without all those bothersome bugs and glitches. Aside from that, anyone looking for a niche RPG or a game with dark humor, this is for you. Expand
  3. Mar 5, 2016
    This Game is Defiantly outside of Comfort Zone of a Developer which kinda is a fresh air.

Easter Eggs References towards Final Fantasy VII and few other Games cracked me up. X) The Story/Humor i be honest wont be for everyone. I been laughing the whole time while playing this game how did the game get "T" rating. It clearly "M" Rated at very least ;p some scenes could be almost

The Story/Humor i be honest wont be for everyone. I been laughing the whole time while playing this game how did the game get "T" rating. It clearly "M" Rated at very least ;p some scenes could be almost "Adult Only" with the style of humor. Heck i can make Drinking Game out of this game and i have everyone passed out on the floor within 30mins or less of the game X)

Gameplay is fun, Basically Rogue type of a game with high risk and reward system. + "Diablo Loot" System.

Art Style - Basically Disgaea anime pictures of characters during conversations. With 3D Models on the screen at same time.

Summery: Basically If You Took Bersker's Manga Dark Twisted Evil theme with alot of swearing... put it into Disgaea Style with Diablo Loot Table + Rogue system with twists = The Witch and The Hundred Knight.

P.S. Dont let anyone under age of 16 play this game, or that gets Offended Easily. Now if you do play it make sure your volume is low /or wearing headphones or you have ur family busting down your door x)

I like it and been enjoying it, Do I recommand it? Yes.... If your Heavy Religion House Hold Than no ;p
  4. Sep 8, 2018
    Turn-based or Action:

Action Was it fun? Yes, when I sat down and started to play it. I had fun. Would you play it again? No, I really don’t have any interest in trying to play it again. Any Complaints? Its not about the game directly but I don’t really know what to say. When I sat down and played the game it was enjoyable but I never wanted to play it. After it
    Turn-based or Action:

Action

Was it fun?

Yes, when I sat down and started to play it. I had fun.

Would you play it again?

No, I really don’t have any interest in trying to play it again.

Any Complaints?

Its not about the game directly but I don’t really know what to say. When I sat down and played the game it was enjoyable but I never wanted to play it. After it sitting on my shelf for a month and half and really only playing about 5 hours, I decided that I had to send it back to gamefly.

How many hours did you play it?

As I said before, about 5 hours.
  5. Aug 6, 2019
    The personality of the Witch in this game shines through and is incredibly entertaining. She's such an abrasive and vulgar character, making it even more of a shame that I'm stuck playing as the vacant Hundred Knight.

The camera angle, what is with the camera angle? I can barely see where I'm going! Furthermore, the game mechanics are very slow. The dialog requires constant button

Furthermore, the game mechanics are very slow. The dialog requires constant button prompts to progress and other frustrating mechanics make it a tedious and slow experience. For example, there is an unnecessary stamina bar that runs out far too quickly when running, making it slower progress when exploring. Consuming enemies is limited also, which reminds me of potentially the worst mechanic of all - the time limit for exploring levels! This all adds up to an annoying experience more than a fun one.

I purchased this after getting a good deal for it and the sequel, so fingers crossed the sequel has improved things a lot.
  6. Apr 24, 2020
    Im glad i didnt read any review before playing the game, and now im here to write one.

This game is a hidden gem. Its simple but fascinating. The story is FUN, like, really fun. If you are sick of the "politically correct" idea that most developer had for their game, so they wont "hurt" someone. This game doesn't care about that, its simple, crude and clear. There are 3 finals, 2 of

This game is a hidden gem. Its simple but fascinating.
    There are 3 finals, 2 of them are quite easy to get and the motive is clear when you see them. The last one adds 2 more chapters to the game, an absurd difficulty spike and so on...

The combat at first my look simple and repetitive (lets face it, if you play a shooting game you basically are doing at best 3 different things), but in reality is not.
    There is strategy, most of the enemies are immune to a certain type of attack, so you will found very soon how important is to prepare yourself for each encounter.

The annoying part probably is how map exploration works, each time you explore a new map the value called "GigaCals" will drop, if you clear the map by walking around, you will consume a lot of GigaCals in no time, there are ways to refill the gauge, but the best way so far is to do a double run, the first is exploration, the second is beat them all.

I'ill be honest, i enjoyed this game more then any of the last triple A stuff that came out in these years. Its simple but fascinating.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. May 30, 2016
    The Witch and the Hundred Knight isn’t a good game by any means. It has an impenetrable equipment system, lackluster combat with no other gameplay mechanics, and a story that only gets good if players consult an FAQ.
  2. Apr 21, 2016
    If you don't mind the quirks and rough attempts at humor, then you may enjoy The Witch and the Hundred Knight.
  3. Apr 20, 2016
    An unnecessary remaster without proper new reasons to justify its existence.