7.2

1. Dec 7, 2018
    I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this - what initially appears to be a jazzier version of Gwent from Witcher 3 reveals itself to be thoughtful and deep strategy/ RPG - a must have for fans of the Witcher books
  2. Oct 16, 2019
    I hope if you read this review, you know that Thronebreaker is not a AAA video game. You can clearly see it from it's price. This game largely concentrates on witcher universe, and the only reasons you should buy this game are: if you love witches universe and want to spend additional 40-50 hour in it, if you like card games, or if you want just support CD Project Red for their work.I hope if you read this review, you know that Thronebreaker is not a AAA video game. You can clearly see it from it's price. This game largely concentrates on witcher universe, and the only reasons you should buy this game are: if you love witches universe and want to spend additional 40-50 hour in it, if you like card games, or if you want just support CD Project Red for their work.
    Since it is not AAA game I will grade it as an some sort of Indi game

Story- 4/6 the story for witcher fans will seem good enough to get into it, but for all others I think it might seem being too slow.

Card Element- 3/3 I'm not a huge fan of card games, but I've played some of them few years ago and I can say it is the most interesting one from all that I've played.

Soul- 1/1 some of you might ask what is soul, I think the ones that played games like Witcher, Skyrim you will know what I'm talking about

So, I will give it 9/10 as an Indi game, as an AAA game( we all know it is not AAA just looking at 20$ price) I would give it 7/10
  3. Jun 6, 2019
    Pros:
    +Epic story and characters
    +Epic music and voice acting +Great battle system with so many potential builds +Choice results are more acceptable than Witcher 3, in which you can end up murdering people reluctantly. +Amazing to see how imperialism's features are pictured, which still apply today, and how Meve stands against it. Truly inspirational! Cons: -Geralt hype: he takes
    Pros:
    +Epic story and characters
    +Epic music and voice acting
    +Great battle system with so many potential builds
    Cons:
    -Geralt hype: he takes only 15 mins in a 30h+ game, but makes it into main screen where most of the important characters dont even make.
    -Hearing the same storyteller voice in a long game can get boring. They could spice it up with Dandelion, a female voice etc.
    -Frame drops on AI's turn
  4. Nov 11, 2019
    Jedna z lepszych gier w jakie grałem w tym roku. Pięknie zrobiona, bardzo fajne urozmaicenie w postaci zagadek do rozwiązania. Trochę kiepsko wyważona, przez co na końcu staje się zbyt łatwa przez przeogromną ilość nazbieranych zasobów.
  5. Nov 6, 2019
    Еще один Шедевр от CDPR, мои аплодисменты. Игра построена классно и свежо, геймплэй по принципу карточной игры в новинку.
  6. Jan 7, 2022
    The game that explain geralt is "from the rivia". Amazing game , CD Red have done a Greta job with this card/interattive game
  7. Dec 7, 2021
    Прекрасная история по вселенной ведьмака, с удовольствием прошёл на платину
  8. Dec 30, 2018
    Updated after patch 1.02

Game is very cool. I think more games of this genre RPG+Strategy+CCG should come out. Battles in form of CCG are very interesting. And it is more interesting to play CCG in form of the game with the scenario, than CCG alone. And it is cheaper.
  9. Jan 1, 2019
    Кровная вражда — не просто приключенческая карточная игра, это самый настоящий пазл, созданный на основе мира «Ведьмака». Пазл, который отлично смотрится в одном ряду с книгами и другими играми по их мотивам. И собирать его предстоит не один вечер, но итоговая картинка того стоит.Кровная вражда — не просто приключенческая карточная игра, это самый настоящий пазл, созданный на основе мира «Ведьмака». Пазл, который отлично смотрится в одном ряду с книгами и другими играми по их мотивам. И собирать его предстоит не один вечер, но итоговая картинка того стоит.
  10. Aug 1, 2019
    Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is a single player game to accommodate Gwent: The Witcher Cardgame. The game follows the story of Meve, Queen of Lyria and Rivia, who is betrayed by her own people when Nilfgaard invades the Northern Realms and crosses the Yaruga. In terms of timeline this takes place before the first Witcher game from 2007.

The game plays out in two ways: RPG and Gwent.

The game plays out in two ways: RPG and Gwent. On the map you walk around as Meve, while you pick up resources, interact with NPC's and walk into events. Events are mostly executed through playing puzzles, games of traditional Gwent and shortened battles. Apart from that, the player has to make decisions that will affect the story and characters in your party. I say somewhat, because it's mostly the illusion of affecting choice.

Having played Gwent: The Witcher Cardgame, playing with cards is immediately familiar in terms of functions, art on cards and how to play. The cards however, have wildly different abilities than in Gwent: The Witcher Cardgame to suit the story. The player can upgrade his/her camp to train new units (cards) to improve its deck or change the effects. This is quite enjoyable to do.

The story is told in a good way, having voice-overs combined with text and art. The characters are flashed out well and feel unique. Apart from them having usefull effects you can even get attached to some of them for being funny or admirable. The choices you have to make however can completely screw you and your most important units over.

On multiple occaisions, the game will let you choose how to solve problems. This comes down to choosing something selfish or selfless, but by extend just to choosing between lots of resources or staying pour. And these choices will affect how the units in your army judge you. Some will stay, others will suddenly leave or completely screw you over out of nowhere. The way that this happens is usually only on short term events, as long turn events are completely rigged. The game might try to talk some guilt into you for making certain choices, but they will have absolutely no effect on the ending of chapters. Mahakam is a perfect example of this. Tip: Screw over everyone you come across, because it will not matter at all except for yourself.

I had a good time with Thronebreaker, but also some frustration. The game's technical state is in true CD Project Red fashion unstable. Frame drops, game stuttering and even crashes are quite common, which is appalling considering the game has been out since December 2018. It is inexcusable.

In summary, it is a good game. But don't expect The Witcher 3 level of quality. This game clearly rides on the succes of older CD Project Red titles, and even rewards you by giving you cards and trinkets in Gwent: The Witcher Cardgame where you can buy their lootboxes. Real subtle.
    I give this game a 7/10. It is a good game.
  11. Dec 20, 2018
    Promising single-player Gwent, but initially marred by game-breaking bugs. Stutters, hangs and freezes during both battles and puzzles - near unplayable.
  12. Dec 5, 2018
    The game crashed a couple of times. Could not move my pointer when Im in the camp, had to restart the game to be able to access my deck-builder. Combat has some issues where frames were dropped and the AI does not do anything after your turn ends, also had to restart the combat several times to finish the encounter..
  13. Dec 11, 2018
    Unplayable at the moment. Crashes and other game-breaking bugs every ~10min. As long as this is not fixed you should spend your money somewhere else.
  14. Feb 11, 2019
    Still unplayable months after launch. Got stuck on the loading screen on the first load. Happened several times before I finished tutorial. Can't believe games are legally sold in this state. Sony will not give you a refund. Be warned.
  15. Dec 24, 2018
    i love the game mechanic, but the game is unplayable because too often mid battle the game freeze and i cannot do a thing except close the game and reload.
  16. Dec 8, 2018
    Beautiful game, exciting history, addictive gameplay ... and the wonderful Witcher world. It's worth to come back to the game again
  17. Mar 3, 2022
    Polish worthless thing, unworthy of the attention of gamers. The Pole got into politics, instead of developing games
  18. Jan 19, 2020
    Playing this in 2020, the game doesn't have any significant technical issues. Although during battles the framerate does drop when the AI is deciding which card to play, it's something I can live with.

If you've played Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, you'll find the game to be pretty easy even on the hardest difficulty. The gameplay is unbalanced, with character cards especially (like Eyck, Isbel etc.) being ridiculously overpowered.

For those who haven't played Gwent, or any card game, the experience will be quite different, though.

The writing is good, the choices you make matter, and overall, the game kept me entertained throughout. There's nothing in Thronebreaker that's quite as gripping as what you'd find in The Witcher 3, though, nor does it have anything particularly interesting to say.

Thronebreaker runs for some 35 hours if you explore all the maps and don't skip any battles. I didn't have any issues obtaining the game's trophies.
  19. Aug 25, 2020
    Геймплей (очень интересный и затягивающий), сюжет (хороший, т.е не шикарный и неплохой), визуальная составляющая (графика в виде мультяшной рисовки) на хорошем уровне, а также интересные головоломки.
  20. Jul 18, 2020
    It’s a really good game, great characters, great story, and excellent gameplay mechanics. If your a fan of the Witcher play this game and if your a fan of gwent then your gonna love this game.
  21. Aug 8, 2020
    I gotta admit, I bought this game blindly when I saw the Wicher's name on it. I didn't check any review or trailer, I was like "Take my money!" And when I started playing I was utterly disappointed, I kept saying "What is this sh*t?" But I gave it time and found how incredible and unique this game is. The story, dialogs, voice acting, and art in this game are one of a kind. Give this gameI gotta admit, I bought this game blindly when I saw the Wicher's name on it. I didn't check any review or trailer, I was like "Take my money!" And when I started playing I was utterly disappointed, I kept saying "What is this sh*t?" But I gave it time and found how incredible and unique this game is. The story, dialogs, voice acting, and art in this game are one of a kind. Give this game a chance, you will lose yourself in it. Expand
  22. Sep 30, 2020
    Excellent game with excellent voice acting and engaging story. I’m a PS4 trophy hunter and recommend using a guide since there are missable trophies. My rating would have been a “9” but the game glitched/bugged and closed out several times. Overall I highly recommend this title if you enjoy card game based combat, strategy and a rich story.
  23. rvp
    Nov 30, 2020
    I loved the game. I just like the Witcher setting and the storytelling of it! I liked Gwent in Witcher 3 and they transformed it to a great and unique gameplay mechanic. Unfortunately, the game didn't succeed and there probably won't be a second part. I would have loved a new game like that.
  24. Jul 16, 2021
    Crash! Crash! Crash! First game played on ps4 with so much errors! Untill now no one deal with it
  25. Mar 10, 2022
    games out of politics, juegos fuera de la politica, jogos fora da política

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 23, 2020
    Gamers everywhere should give the royal treatment to Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. It is a stunning display of storytelling that rarely stumbles throughout a 25-hour runtime. While bogged down by the stiff card-playing, the easy mode can turn Thronebreaker into one of the best visual novels around. With 30 endings and an arresting art style, this is one utterly unmissable tale.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 27, 2019
    As the backbone of a larger game, though, it's solid, and an interesting alternative to the combat system of most RPGs. [Issue#158, p.91]
  3. Dec 20, 2018
    Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is by far the best representation of Gwent that CD Projekt Red has developed so far, and a worthy adventure RPG that deserves your time even if you aren't the biggest fan of card games.