7.4

1. Dec 1, 2015
    This is by far the most realistic and intense tactical first person shooter on the market. It's has 11 maps at release, each one unique unto itself. Twenty different special operators each bringing there own skill set for great variety. This is easily THE FPS to play, better than the competition. It looks great, sounds great and handles great. It's a pull no punches approach to a genreThis is by far the most realistic and intense tactical first person shooter on the market. It's has 11 maps at release, each one unique unto itself. Twenty different special operators each bringing there own skill set for great variety. This is easily THE FPS to play, better than the competition. It looks great, sounds great and handles great. It's a pull no punches approach to a genre that has left its roots in realism for something to science fiction as of late. The matches are tight and intense and at any moment can shift from winning to losing if you are careful. The maps are fully interactive with security cameras to get the drop on your opponents to breachable walls to create your own path. Plenty of room for a large variety of strategies on both sides, so whether your attack or defense you and your team can create a style all your own. So if you like a seriously intense game play rooted in reality answer the call and join Rainbow6!! Expand
  2. Dec 14, 2015
    Ubisoft has done exactly what they set out to do with Rainbow Six: Siege, and that is to deliver a legitimate competitive squad based shooter in which tactics and teamwork trumps the COD mentality of running n' gunning. I refuse to review this game on the basis that "it should have had a singleplayer campaign" like some people seem to be doing, but instead I will review it on exactly whatUbisoft has done exactly what they set out to do with Rainbow Six: Siege, and that is to deliver a legitimate competitive squad based shooter in which tactics and teamwork trumps the COD mentality of running n' gunning. I refuse to review this game on the basis that "it should have had a singleplayer campaign" like some people seem to be doing, but instead I will review it on exactly what it is: a multiplayer online FPS. Overall, I give Rainbow Six: Siege a 9/10, and here's why:

Pros:
    1) Each round is unpredictable and practically never the same - this game is one of the least repetitive shooters I've ever played, because every single round usually feels very different, with the only exception being when one team is superior in every single way to the other. Most of the time, however, I find that the rounds are fairly close at worst and insanely close at the best. You never know what an attacking teams breach method will be, and you never know what a defending teams defensive set up will be like unless you can sneak one of the drones in at the beginning of each round as an attacker.

2) Operators - Some people were weary of deciding to go with Operators for this game instead of letting people simply customize their own character, but I think Ubisoft made the right choice here (by the way, you can still customize a character as "recruit", but they miss out on special abilities). Operators give the game very unique characters, both on the attack and defense sides, that each have their own special gadgets and purposes within their squad. Teams actually have to think about the chemistry of their sides operators when picking one at the beginning of each round, which only adds to the tactical thinking aspect of this game.

3) Teamwork is a necessity - This games whole hype train running behind it was about being a team based squad shooter, and it has succeeded mightily in that regard. You cannot succeed in this game by playing a run n' gun COD style, but instead you must think about every single move you make very carefully and communicate with your squad at the same time about who will do what, where this gadget will go etc. This is a huge part of why every round feels so fresh, because you and your team constantly need to communicate and adjust to all the different situations you will encounter in the game, both on attack and defense.

4) DLC/Unlocks - Knowing that I'd most likely want to play this game in the long term, I was nervous about what Ubisofts DLC approach would be to this game. Another fun teamwork based shooter, Evolve, was ruined by the developers poor decision of making in game DLC characters only purchasable through real money and not giving an in game currency option to purchase hunters/monsters. The DLC monsters ended up being 15 BUCKS EACH! An absolutely insane amount on top of a $60 dollar game. Rainbow Six: Siege has an in-game currency called "Renown" that you earn in each play, and you can use this currency to purchase your operators and also add attachments to their guns to make them better. Thankfully, renown is not hard to earn and unlocking the games base operators has been incredibly easy from the get go. The DLC plan announced by Ubisoft, thankfully, is that all DLC operators will have the option of being purchased for $5 dollars each, or reportedly with 25k in renown currency, giving players the option to get all DLC for free by simply playing the game they own anyways. All new Maps and Modes will be given to the community for free, which is another great choice by Ubisoft. Like other successful F2P games, the only things that can be purchased with money only are solely for cosmetic purposes, in the form of weapon skins. The DLC plan was a make or break for me as far as this game went, because I'm not the type who likes to shell out more than 60 bucks for just about any game unless it's a MASSIVE expansion pack worthy of extra money. Once I heard about Ubisofts DLC plan, I decided to keep my pre-order, excited that they were making the right decision with this game.

5) Maps - The maps are mainly awesome, with only a couple of duds in my opinion. The duds to me are the ones that involve multiple buildings to search upon spawn as an attacker, with your camera drones that you get about 40 seconds with to roam about trying to find the enemy teams objective location and figure out their defensive set up. Some of these maps with numerous buildings are too complex and large for the attackers drones, often resulting in the attackers not finding the defenders location, which is fine every once in awhile but annoying when it happens often.

Cons:

1) Minor bugs/glitches - I haven't ran into many, but there is some such as getting stuck on things randomly.

2) Occasional long loading times or trouble finding a match, which can be fixed by backing out and re-searching usually (AKA not a big deal).

Overall, this game has been relatively flawless considering what it set out to do!
  3. Dec 5, 2015
    Lets break it down

Good: -Matches can be very intense and exciting, more so than any other multiplayer shooter around -Operators are fun and great to use. The variety is awesome -The game play is balanced between attackers and defenders -The guns are cool and the gun play is top notch -The game embraces brief moments of highly intense action instead of constant middling action -It
    Lets break it down

Good:
    -Operators are fun and great to use. The variety is awesome
    -The game play is balanced between attackers and defenders
    -The guns are cool and the gun play is top notch
    -It feels real. The immersion is amazing
    -Graphics are decent. Not great, but certainly good.
    -Game has very few glitches which is also nice. This does not include server issues though- which are plentiful.

Bad
    -Hit detection can have issues
    -Servers go between decent and bad- lots of rubber banding
    -The grind to get new operators is a little tiresome after a while
    -THE MAIN ONE: It lacks a lot to do. There is terrorist hunt which is fun, the 5 on 5 attackers vs defenders, and single player situations which serve more as training than anything else. You can play every game mode in 20 minutes.

Still a fun game. It does not require obscene amounts of cooperation between team mates which is nice. It is an intense high octane shooter that has the highest of highs, but sometimes it has some pretty low lows
  4. Dec 29, 2015
    great game, good tactical shooter so much better then cod. playing it now for 30 hours and still fun as hell.
    you only get better................................................................
  5. Jan 22, 2016
    Fantastic mechanics all around, however not a 10 due to lack of campaign and split screen. (both rainbow six pillars). Also, if you are just getting into it this late, dont jump right into multiplayer, it is brutal.
  6. Dec 10, 2015
    On paper Rainbow Six: Siege sounds like crap. It has about 3 modes for multiplayer which are all variations on get in and kill/extract/disable something or someone with no story mode and about 8 maps from what I could tell.
    The twist is that this game is actually good.
    Let's start with the bad before the good: -No story: I'm a fan of Rainbow 6: Vegas 1 and 2, I never played the
    The twist is that this game is actually good.

Let's start with the bad before the good:
    -No story:

I'm a fan of Rainbow 6: Vegas 1 and 2, I never played the multiplayer for it because I didn't have internet back then.The story is what kept me playing over and over again and it is very disappointed to see it has been removed, it is more of an issue that other games though because the early material of the game showed an interesting narrative which saw you playing as an operative and a civilian. I don't like this trend.

-Lack of modes:
    As I pointed out there are a very limited amount of gameplay modes. All multiplayer modes double up as a TDM so often the match is ended by one team being wiped out rather than doing the objective. That in mind though, I don't see any more modes they could add. The only time a militarised force would be called in to siege a building is used in the game.

-Poor graphics and character movements:
    There's no excuse for this, the game looks ugly for 2015 standards and the characters move in ridiculous ways that allows people to exploit it from time to time. A good example is hostage extraction, the way you interact with the hostage looks absolutely dumb.

-Matchmaking:
    Ubisoft has a problem with their servers all the time. I'm never disconnected from the game but when I try and search with a squad of 5, we will be sent back to the menu screen or even split up. When you search for games alone, it takes an obscene amount of time to find people.

Now onto the good:
    +Entry methods:
    This game lives up to its namesake by giving you a wide plethora of siege tools such as the traditional breaching charge, thermal charges, grenade launchers all the way down to a sledge hammer. You can break down windows, walls, door and floors to get to your objective but restrictions have been placed to keep it fair. This game has a great balance to it which you don't get in FPSs today.

+Terrorist Hunt:
    This mode is what I play 80% of the time, I always play it on realistic and despite the fact that I lose 99% of the time I just can't stop playing it, it has this Dark Souls feel to it where if you throw yourself at it enough times you'll eventually crack it.

+Operators:
    The operators have been carefully designed to ensure maximum balance so there is no such thing as the best operator, just your best operator. I personally play as Sledge on multiplayer and Fuze or Thatcher on terrorist hunt. Some characters that seem useless to you are the key to success for others. I don't use Ash because I don't see a use for her to have a long range breaching charge but other people make it work.

+Enjoyable:
    This game is a tactical shooter so CoD or Halo players will hate it. I've had several situations where a person who is used to the fast paced action of other shooters tries to shoot me but starts strafing only for me to place 1 shot into their head. This game is realistic on the recoil so if you move while shooting you will miss. Fully automatic weapons are borderline uncontrollable so it's up to you to fire in short, controlled bursts.
    My favourite thing about siege is how tense it gets. When you're defending you get that feeling of anticipation while you wait for someone to come and attack you. When it comes to attacking, you have to formulate a plan because running in and spraying just doesn't work.
    It goes without saying that playing with friends is way better than playing with randoms. This may be an issue for some people but luckily for the PS4 players we have the community system that helps us find people to play with. I made an additional 10 friends who I play with regularly because of this so you have no excuse.

+Sound design:
    This is the only shooter I have ever played where sound is such an important factor. Ubisoft has done a great job on the sound design in this game, I can identify different operators just from their footsteps; for example, if I hear heavy footsteps coupled with a clinking sound I know that it is someone with a shield.
    If you listen carefully you'll also hear someone put a charge on the door or wall hinting at their position.

Overall I would say this game is great, not awesome just great. I give it an 8.2/10 just above average but lacking in certain places.
  7. Dec 23, 2015
    Great game, I've been having a blast. I've been enjoying this game more than the Witcher 3, and I have no shame in admitting it. In a nutshell, this game is like CS:GO except it's more interactive. (i.e destructible walls, breach charges) and it has a more tactical, realistic approach to things.
    It does suffer from tediousness, especially when players choose the same bomb site and spawn locations every round. It should be randomized. There's also friendly fire, so expect a lot of trolls. Riot shields are broken as hell, too.
    Despite these flaws, the game is still a blast to play, especially with friends. Just give it a shot.
  8. Jan 3, 2016
    This game was among the first I purchased for PlayStation 4. I absolutely love the gameplay, but it has issues. There are occasional hitbox issues and occasional lack of notification for damage taken. Siege also has very little single-player aspects. Single player is limited to 11 missions, which are essentially tutorials. Also, microtransactions, Awful business technique that is used forThis game was among the first I purchased for PlayStation 4. I absolutely love the gameplay, but it has issues. There are occasional hitbox issues and occasional lack of notification for damage taken. Siege also has very little single-player aspects. Single player is limited to 11 missions, which are essentially tutorials. Also, microtransactions, Awful business technique that is used for XP boosters, gun skins, and "renown," which is used to unlock characters and weapon attachments. The.The multiplayer is great, especially for those who love teamwork. This works for and against the game, as playing with randoms can be frustrating and game-ruining. On the other hand, if you have friends, or work well enough with random people, the game shines at its brightest. In the end, astoundingly well enacted forced teamwork and great emphasis on tactical play make the game a very fun experience to be shared, but lackluster when alone. Expand
  9. Jul 26, 2017
    Rainbow six siege. So much potential, but Ubisoft cuts it dry. Here is my review for playing this game over the course of a year and a half:

Content. Let's see.. you have situations, casual multiplayer and rank multiplayer and of course the "realism" mode that all it does is take off the hud. Casual multiplayer, you will run into about a 50/50 chance of either finding some immature kid killing off the team mates for no reason. Just round starts and boom everyone is getting shot by this kid....or you actually get a team that is decent enough to actually try. Rank is laughable now. It is becoming more of casual than anything, no one wants to actually put forth the effort and slim possibility you will find a match with at least one of your team mates having a head set. This game definitely has it's benefits if the whole team is communicating but no one seems to grasp that concept. Situations is just a task you are giving to learn the fundamentals of the game and make multiplayer easier for you so that you do not go complete noob mode on anyone. It seems to fail for that purpose on some people.
    The game modes are: bomb, hostage, and secure area. That has always been it and seems like they do not want to add an extra game mode. The worse thing about that is, all three game modes are played exactly the same. It turns into a team death match and fails to deliver the objective. Which is fine and all but it just gets so old so fast that no one is doing what the objective is entails. It isn't the gamers fault, but the developers because of poor design. Look at the E3 trailer of the game and compare it to today's gameplay and you will see how they make it seem like one thing but it never plays out that way.

Gameplay. The gameplay is actually really good. From the destructive environment, even though limited but not too much, to how different each operator plays and feels. That is about it on the good part that makes this into a 7 and not lower with of course can be fun with friends and all communication team. Downfall of this is the hit detection and how nerf they are making weapons that doesn't make sense to be nerfed as well as weapons that are as strong as they are. For instance, in the latest update glaz's gun lost hits damage rating by over half. It went from 186 to 90...but that 90 is only at far distance. If you are close, it is even less. But you have someone like Caveria, who has a pistol with what looks like a plastic bottle attached for a silencer that will knock you down with a couple of shots or kill you with a couple of shots depending how close, and has a damage rating of 90. It seriously doesn't make any sense whatsoever and it is just going on a downward slope with the hit box's that make this game frustrating. Too many instances where I am shooting someone center chest or head and they see me and shoot a couple of times and I take way more damage then they did and even on the kill cam they are repeatedly taking hits and blood coming off of them, barely anything.

The upside is they have improved the servers and how long it takes to get into a match. But that is about as much progress as this game has gotten. Hopefully they will turn things around and spice it up a bit with new game modes, better hit detection, and stick with unique operators that continue to play so differently. It is a decent game at best when you are on an all chat team or playing with friends but it needs variety and it needs it fast.
  10. Jul 23, 2016
    Its a crime that this game doesn't get better reviews. It would by far be the best multiplayer around if battlefield wasn't around. I have played most multiplayer shooters that have come out the last 6-7 year and this is one of the best.
  11. Aug 12, 2016
    Some context - I picked up R6S on a recent PSN sale, the main game plus season 1 for 30 dollars.

I've read some reviews stating that the game felt bare before the DLC was released. I've been playing it with the season 1 DLC and I can't stop playing it. When Tom Clancy games work, they REALLY work. When I play online, the players I meet remind me of the kind of player that used to play Ghost Recon on Xbox back in the day. R6S with season 1 is the game that should have been released last December. I've been waiting a while for a decent shooter that's more methodical than what's in the market, R6S feels like it's testing how smart you are. The title comes as a complete surprise for me, certainly one of the best games 've played this year. I hope Ubisoft gets into the practice of including year 1 DLC with the core game for 60 dollars, it definitely helps.
  12. Jan 7, 2016
    The best multiplayer FPS since COD4, addictive, fun, tactical, frustrating and intense I highly recommend you pick up this game! Camping is acceptable tactic in this game and running and gunning as not a great plan, however if you work/talk with your team success is never far away!
  13. Feb 21, 2016
    One of the most intense, tactical and competitive games, i used to play csgo, but this game rocks!..
    Ubisoft had do it well, the free`s-dlc is awesome too!
  14. Jan 3, 2016
    ------------------------------Bought it today, met a squad, won, addicted. FPS fans rejoice with this tactical masterpiece.--------------------------
  15. Dec 6, 2015
    I've been really enjoying it since the open beta. The destruction can get insane. It adds a lot to the tactical side. Controls feels great, the AI is pretty fun to battle. I've been playing terro hunt for hours and still finds it fresh and have not even tried mp yet. Graphics are very good considering the physics involved in all this. great fun.
  16. Jun 19, 2017
    Fun game. With ultra realism there is a lot to like here with a dedicated fan base and team supporting it and many still paying today. The game has really cool destructible environments too.
  17. Dec 3, 2015
    As a stand alone game, Rainbow Six Siege is a top tier quality tactical shooter that is best enjoyed with friends. Full of tense moments, high stakes gameplay, unique "operator" skills, and meticulously crafted destructible maps - the game offers a multiplayer team experience like no other - however, team gameplay is also where the game's weakness is most noticeable.

To play and fully

To play and fully enjoy the Rainbow Six Siege experience, playing in a squad with at least one other friend is quite essential. However, an open mind, willingness to cooperate, and communication with one's teammates will help overcome these barriers. Furthermore, given the lethality of weapons found in the game, individual player skill and experience can be reasonably leveraged to compensate in solo-play, leading to impressive multi-kills and aces.

Furthermore, a large majority of the server issues that plagued the beta have been resolved with the release of the full game (which relies on dedicated servers for multiplayer PvP). Last but not least, the Ubisoft team responsible for the game has been incredibly proactive and transparent in their attempts to help debug issues - providing constant updates on their twitter feeds/within reddit. In my opinion, the game has managed a very admirable day one launch considering the recent record of launches for popular triple A titles.

All in all, the impressive quality of gameplay, graphics, and MOBA-style team drafting/cooperation makes up for the games flaw's by far - creating an unforgettable experience that will leave you wanting for much much more.
  18. Dec 18, 2015
    Rainbow six siege is an awesome game. Multiplayer matches are intense and fun. This game requires strategy and team work to win. I love Rainbow six siege for the destructive environments, gameplay and it's realism to real life scenarios. When you have 4 other friends to play it with you will lose yourself in the game for hours. Terrorist hunt is also very fun, by yourself or with friendsRainbow six siege is an awesome game. Multiplayer matches are intense and fun. This game requires strategy and team work to win. I love Rainbow six siege for the destructive environments, gameplay and it's realism to real life scenarios. When you have 4 other friends to play it with you will lose yourself in the game for hours. Terrorist hunt is also very fun, by yourself or with friends you battle AI terrorist to complete the objective. Situation mode is more of a tutorial mode. Despite me loving this games there are also a lot of negatives I encountered. First strike is there is no single player campaign. Second strike server and connectivity issues, this was a big problem for the beta version, though this has been mostly resolved with the December update it is still a bit buggy. Third strike microtransactions, Micro transactions are common these days but in rainbow six its not worth it. But ubisoft must be commended for free maps and operators. Overall this is good game to play, worth every dollar u pay for it, smooth, easy to play and a awesome game to play with friends. my final rating is 8/10 after the December update. Expand
  19. Dec 23, 2015
    Only missing 2 points because of lack of content, other than that, what is there, is absolutely polished solid gameplay and a perfect foundation for a competitive scene. As an online shooter, it is entirely balanced enough to be competitive and because of that i give it an 8.
  20. Dec 25, 2015
    Emurge and endulge yourself into an intense, exciting, tactical, highly addictive first person shooter you will simply be unable to stop playing. This game should come with a warning as you will find yourself dragging yourself to bed a 5am in the morning wondering where the last 5 hours have gone. It is simply spectacular game play. The lack of game mode whilst at first disappointingEmurge and endulge yourself into an intense, exciting, tactical, highly addictive first person shooter you will simply be unable to stop playing. This game should come with a warning as you will find yourself dragging yourself to bed a 5am in the morning wondering where the last 5 hours have gone. It is simply spectacular game play. The lack of game mode whilst at first disappointing soon becomes clear that there is no need for one. I do not understand the mixed reviews this is simply the greatest game I have ever played. Don't think just purchase it you will not be disappointed. Expand
  21. Jan 15, 2016
    This is one of the best tactical shooters this year. The game play needs a little work because there is a few major game breaking bugs. The destruction in the game is very good. But the servers are ok it can crash sometimes. That is my whole review on this game!
  22. Jan 16, 2016
    This is a seriously under rated game! I can only assume that the mediocre scores are the result of a lack of understanding as to what this game is about.
    It is not like Call of Duty. It is not like Battlefield, and it is most definitely not like Star Wars Battlefront! So if you enjoy being killed 25 times a session and respawning unrealistically back into the midst of battle, the this is not the game for you.
    This game is ultra tense, and at times absolutely brutal. Didn't cover that flank? Dead. Forgot to reinforce the trap door above you? Dead. You reacted milliseconds slower than the dude creeping around the corner? Dead!! And you will not respawn until the next new round.
    Not that this is a problem at all, because each round is a mere 5 minutes. A perfectly sufficient 5 minutes with which to successfully defend or attack the target. Attackers have 30 seconds to send in the drones to scan the area and identify the target or targets. This enables fast decision making regarding entry points, and attack coordination between you and your team mates.
    Defenders have the same 30 seconds to lockdown the objective or objectives in the case of 'bomb' (there are two bombs in adjacent rooms). Locking down consists of reinforcing weak walls which can be breached, setting laser trip wires on doors and window frames, deploying signal jammers to kill drones and prevent them from exposing the objective. This and much more can be done in preparation for the assault.
    Going back to the attackers, they can smash through doors, walls and windows, rappel upsides down and snipe through windows, take out the CCTV cameras to prevent the defenders from identifying their breach location.
    All this might sound manic, and at times it can be. But for the most part this game is about tension. Because it's a 5 vs 5 TDM, and once you die you stay dead, you really do not want to die!! If you do, it can have serious implications for the success of your team. And teamwork is where this game stands out!
    You do t have to use a headset, but it really does help. Even when playing with random team mates it still helps to have your headset on. If in the case of getting shot in the face (instant death), you can the cycle through the drone or CCTV cameras and inform your team mates of the whereabouts of opposite team members. You can also tag opponents using the cameras and holding down the triangle button. This red tag stays at the last known location of an opponent for several seconds. This is especially satisfying if they are behind a weak plasterboard wall and you happen to have a dirty big shotgun! Wuaahaahaa!!!!!

So I would very highly recommend you try this game, especially if you prefer brutal realism over the classic, generic, die-spawn-die-spawn-run around a bit-get stabbed in the neck by someone who spawned right behind you-die-spawn-die-spawn type of shooter. Rainbow Six Seige feels like a welcome alternative to all of that.
    So get your buddies together, form a 5 man hit squad and yourselves into the action. You won't regret it!
  23. Jan 31, 2016
    sencillamente increible mejor que call of duty battlefield o cualquier shotter actual ya sea destiny fallout este juego es mucho mas viciante y engancha mas no me canso de jugarlo de verda totalmente recomendado y con mucha variedad de contenido
  24. Jan 31, 2016
    This game for me is almost perfect, the realism each game still has me coming back for more, the best part of it is when it is right down the wire each round it literally gets your heart pumping. I am hooked on this game and have been playing it ever since it's release. I have bought the season pass so have access to all of the DLC as soon as it's available. The only SMALL gripe I have isThis game for me is almost perfect, the realism each game still has me coming back for more, the best part of it is when it is right down the wire each round it literally gets your heart pumping. I am hooked on this game and have been playing it ever since it's release. I have bought the season pass so have access to all of the DLC as soon as it's available. The only SMALL gripe I have is the amount of content available upon release I thought there could have been at least 3-4 more maps. Other than that great game and thanks to Ubisoft! Expand
  25. Jan 13, 2018
    This game is okay if you play with some friends but even then it can be frustrating when you fight against elite players. The graphics are fine and it's fun to destroy the environment by trying tactics. Honestly I would have liked something less "cartoony" because you feel less like an elite squad and more like fps DOTA and also the fact than everything is based onThis game is okay if you play with some friends but even then it can be frustrating when you fight against elite players. The graphics are fine and it's fun to destroy the environment by trying tactics. Honestly I would have liked something less "cartoony" because you feel less like an elite squad and more like fps DOTA and also the fact than everything is based on micro-transaction...can't you just release a full game other than pay to win crap? Expand
  26. May 28, 2016
    [FR REVIEW]

[FR REVIEW]

Le jeu le plus stratégique de l'année. 24 opérateurs disponibles, avec des compétences uniques pour chacun d'entres eux. 13 cartes, avec leurs spécificités uniques (dans un yacht, etc...). Un travail d'équipe nécessaire, un réalisme à couper le souffle, une immersion totale. Une phase de préparation, où votre équipe doit repérer les ennemis avec des drones terrestres, afin de s'adapter à l'attaque. Des pièges et C4 à placer aux endroits stratégiques permettant la meilleure des défenses d'objectifs. Des murs renforçables, entravant l'équipe adverse à accomplir l'objectif.
  27. Feb 23, 2018
    I've played it a few times before for the free weekends, but this last time it really hooked. I love how you have to be smart about every step you take, otherwise it could result in an instant death head-shot.
    I am really into the progression, it's great that everything is free but you have to grind your way to it, or you could always just buy it through micro-transactions.
    I would

I would recommend it to anyone who likes tactical shooters... or if else at least give it a shot.
  28. Mar 13, 2017
    This is a nice break from the boringfields and call of money. This is a realistic, tactical first person shooter. The game had twenty characters to start with and 11 maps at release. And they just keep adding new content and guess what. It's free. That is more than ea and activision can say since they're money grubbing whores. This games does not fail to amaze me
  29. Feb 26, 2017
    Rainbow 6 is a classic built on competition gameplay. New features are constantly coming out however this game is overshadowed by classic Ubisoft issues that the studio just doesn't seem to care about.

Frequent server outages combined with plagues of bugs they grow after each update. Ubisoft is clueless and doesn't care about user experience. Ubisoft only cares about developing new characters and promotional material to generate sales not improving a half bake game.

Ranked match making is awful and doesn't even come close to actually matching players based on skill. Unless you have a full group prepare to get destroyed each game against pre made teams against solo players 9/10 times.

When will gamers wise up and stop buying titles like this?
  30. May 5, 2017
    Hey there. I’m here to give anyone that’s willing to listen my opinion on a game I’ve been playing for quite some time—Rainbow 6 Siege. I’m just going to get right to the point:
    Siege might have been the best FPS I’ve ever played, but it ends up falling so flat that it hurts. It’s one of those games that most people classify as having potential—but just to waste it and not do what could’ve been done several times better. I’m not saying that Siege has to meet every single one of my expectations, or that it needs to be what I want it to be—I’m trying to say that as a game in its genre it needs to cover some bases before even trying to be an FPS.
    I’m talking about net code, fixing the issue with peekers advantage, giving spawn protection to attackers for a few seconds to protect them from spawn camping, and lastly preventing players with more latency to benefit from said latency. These are things that have a DIRECT influence in the way people play the game. It affects how each round plays out, how encounters work, and how players approach the game. If you know that you will have an advantage over someone if you peek them first, you’re more than likely going to run in and go for a peek. If you know you can get one or two picks at the very start of the round, you’re more than likely going to take the risk and take out those key ops. If you see you’re connected to a server and you’re lagging a bit—and you have peekers advantage, you’re more than likely going to run in first.
    Most people take any advantage they can get. And are they to blame? No, I can’t say they are. I myself am guilty of peeking outside, spawn killing, and rushing in. If my team is down by one, or if we’re tied up, or if the other team is outperforming us by using these things to their advantage, why am I going to take it? I won’t.
    And here is where my problem with this game really comes in: it almost forces you to accommodate your play style to these factors. Most matches play out the same way now. The same repetitious outside peeking, excessive rushing, defenders not doing their job—which is defending the objective, etc. I feel like as a player, I’ve lost the advantage in being to choose the way I play the game. I feel constrained in my choices in play-style because everything I’ve tried doesn’t work. I don’t really like the way I have to play the game now, but because it works I do it. And that’s where the game becomes just about winning and that’s where the fun factor ends for me. I try my best to only play when my friends are online as well. When they aren’t, I stick to terrorist hunt. But when they are on, they ultimately suffer the same fate—and for the most part, share the same opinion.
    Lastly, I feel like the game puts too much of a focus on adding in new operators. It is clearly an important part of the game and helps to “shift the meta”, but the season passes and the constant weapon skin additions really just detracts from what I would consider other important content. And by content I mean fixing the stuff that I’ve mentioned earlier. I’m not about to claim that I know anything and everything about how to manage a game like Siege, but from my perspective I’d shift focus.
    In summation, the problem I have with this game currently is that it lacks the foundation it needs to support its wonderful concept. It focuses too much on other things—like weapon skins and other gear—when it should be directing its focus on what makes the game function. By allowing problems like peekers advantage, spawn killing, and using latency as an advantage, the game shoots itself in the foot. It limits the player’s choices regarding play-style tremendously, and instead of building on its concept—it stunts its growth. You can’t build a house without a solid foundation.
    (EDIT: This review is based primarily around the PC version of this game--so if there's any inconsistencies I apologize. I didn't notice that this was for PS4)
  31. Jul 22, 2017
    Ok,vamos começar minha review,pontos positivos:Ótimo estilo de jogo,gameplay razoavelmente simples,mapas bem desenvolvidos,personagens com habilidades super legais e unicas,Pontos negativos:Os servidores são péssimos,hitdetection e hit box muito inferiores a jogos grátis,os bugs são inumeros e a grande maioria atrapalha a gameplay de forma direta,o jogo tem muitos e muitos defeitos quaseOk,vamos começar minha review,pontos positivos:Ótimo estilo de jogo,gameplay razoavelmente simples,mapas bem desenvolvidos,personagens com habilidades super legais e unicas,Pontos negativos:Os servidores são péssimos,hitdetection e hit box muito inferiores a jogos grátis,os bugs são inumeros e a grande maioria atrapalha a gameplay de forma direta,o jogo tem muitos e muitos defeitos quase incontaveis,resumindo eu não recomendaria tom clancy's rainbow six siege para ninguém a menos que essa pessoa goste de passar raiva Expand
  32. Dec 1, 2015
    A nice breath of fresh air. I understand this isn't for everyone to play, because of the tactical gameplay, heavily depending on good teamwork. Going solo in a teambased shooter like this will easily and quickly get you killed.
    Enough maps, spread out in 2 modes. Good balance between teams and weapons (people saying the shotgun is overpowered.. well... it is a shotgun after all.).
    No SP,
    No SP, true, but you got about 12 situations/scenarios to play solo or co-op on 3 different difficulties. So no story, but a small SP of some sort. In the end people play it for the MP.If the MP is played as intended, this is a game i'll still be playing next year (if Ubisoft gives it a good support, but with free DLC in the future, I think they got it covered)
    I had no technical issues, no problems with matchmaking or hit detection. Everything goes very smooth.
  33. Dec 2, 2015
    (accidentally wrote first review on the PC game so these 0 rating comments i make are from the PC user comments haha my b). 10 rating because this game is fun as hell and I love so much about it. But also because someone needs to throw 10s in here to balance out the ridiculous 0s that make no sense. I would give this game a 9.3 if that means anything to you haha. Just small things i would(accidentally wrote first review on the PC game so these 0 rating comments i make are from the PC user comments haha my b). 10 rating because this game is fun as hell and I love so much about it. But also because someone needs to throw 10s in here to balance out the ridiculous 0s that make no sense. I would give this game a 9.3 if that means anything to you haha. Just small things i would liked tweaked that come off as an inconvenience more than anything else. stuff like being able to change my class up without having to back out of the match searching.

This game is the realistic tactical shooter i've been waiting for. No map, all based on listening (awesome). A bullet in the head means you're dead no matter what gun ("boom headshot"). Game borrows a lot from what is great about Counter Strike (amazing compliment for a new shooter). Just run and gone, you're dead. Every step needs to be thought out and planned with your team. I am not a fan of games that don't come with story modes, but the multiplayer is just that damn good you don't need it. The way it is set up for awesome infiltration and defensive maneuvers that create these awesome action pact one of kind experiences with your friends. You really find yourself saying "damn that was so sweet" *hits share button on ps4*. Every class has a meaningful perk. Every perk has a counter perk. So many maps that have usually 3 different points of where the action happens so depending on where the bomb or the hostage is each map has 3 different experiences alone. Then on top of that, depending on how people play the game changes again. It's crazy how different it is every time. In other games a map loads and you know exactly what you are going to do. Run left look down that hallway, shoot because people usually run there. Then go to the next spot where the spawn point is..... none of that here. Each time a map loads you have no idea what you'll do until you collect intel and talk with your team to figure out the best way to attack based on the Rainbow Six members you'd decided to spawn as. I just can't say enough about this game. The only multiplayer i've enjoyed over the years is The Last of Us and many games that have come out have just let me down. Metal Gear. Battlefront. Destiny. But Rainbow Six has finally brought a Counter Strike type of game to console.

Responses to 0 ratings:

"no single player" - not worth giving the game a 0. multiplayer creates awesome scenarios that are difficult and more realistic that no AI could give you in a story. i always support games giving you a story for the sweet movie scenes and the opportunities for cool events of gameplay. but for the first time ever, i am ok with no story.

"game plays like a mix of call of duty and battlefield": not true. call of duty is fast paced and people are jet packing everywhere and you get shot from behind every two seconds. Battlefield takes you 30 minutes to get into a spot to shoot your gun or find out where the hell the battle is going on. Rainbow Six is on a different level.

"The AI is stupid"- that's true, the random side modes you do, the AI is pretty dumb as nails. Depending on the difficulty. I don't know what difficulty that person was playing on.

"game is a bore fest generic shooter"- just plain wrong. no further comments

"absolutely no incentive to work as a team" - this person needs 4 friends. i played all the old rainbow six games and this one demands way more teamwork in multiplayer than the last ones

"the levels are boring." - ARE YOU FN' KIDDING ME

"destructibility is nothing new" - 0 rating for nothing new. *claps s l o w l y*

"rifle and pistol sounds very unrealistic" - i don't own the guns in the game so i can't comment on this

"bad hit detection" - haven't had a problem with this. kill cams show weird things sometimes

"stupid balanced shotgun" - one of the shotguns is mad strong but it seems like they reduced the range since the beta. i used a pump action at short range and had to hit them twice, other times at mid range it is once. really depends where the bullets end up.

"can't create classes between operators" - i like how the guns are broken out between the classes. it gives it a thought out balance based on that operators perk. but i can see why someone would get frustrated with this.

"no 3rd person duck and cover" - so happy they got rid of that. it is not realistic which is what this game is going for. if i put my back to a hallway wall i wouldn't be able to see down the whole damn hallway without the other person seeing me. if this game had that no one would be able to infiltrate anywhere. Yes, it was fun in the old games, no, would not work here at all and thank goodness it is not in this game.

Hope this was helpful for those who are on the fence.
  34. Feb 27, 2016
    I always wanted a tactical game like this. Its very fun with friends online and very competitive, it's not perfect but I love it and its fun. One of Ubisoft's better games, and FREE DLC LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO
  35. Dec 23, 2015
    This is hands down the best multiplayer shooter on the PS4, with gameplay that feels like a cross between counter-strike and battlefield. You need to work as a team, regardless of whether you're the "good guys" or "bad guys" in order to accomplish your objective.

I've seen other reviews that suggest this game is hampered by a dependence on microtransactions, but that's just not the case. The microtransactions are just a means to buy extra "goodies", like weapon skins, for your characters. There are absolutely no usable items or characters that require you to pay real money, which is the way it should be.

This is an exceptionally addicting game, and it only gets more fun when you get a whole party of people playing together.
  36. Dec 1, 2015
    I played the open beta and I can say that the servers weren't stable and there were a lot of bugs, but guys, it was a BETA so don't base your review on the open beta but on the full game. So to speak;

In my opinion this is a unique game, there aren't other games like this on the market (except Counter strike but forget that game) And yes Ubisoft has done a great job. I love playing this game with a group of friends.

I'll tell you my pros and cons!

Pros;
    -dynamic maps, you can blow up allmost everything.

-good operators, they all bring something usefull into the game.

-very nice to play with a squad of friends (also a con)

-free dlc included new maps, operators and game modes upcoming year

-very tactical shooter, it isn't made for COD fanboys

-terrorist hunt is fun!

Cons;

-the servers can by unstable (I hope they'll patch this)

-matchmaking system isn't at its best

-most fun with a group a friends

-no single player campaign

Conclusion: a good game for the ones who like tactical shooters and has a group of people to play with.

Lolkek xd xd xd
  37. Dec 2, 2015
    For $60 this game is totally not worth the money $40 yes, $50 maybe.

Graphics, there nice looking but seem to be on par with ps3 graphics Sound, it's nice very nice I use the sound to my advantage all the time but in this game you have to use everything to your benefit. voice acting in cutscenes seem useless since the only time a CS happens is when you start the game, unlock an
    For $60 this game is totally not worth the money $40 yes, $50 maybe.

Graphics, there nice looking but seem to be on par with ps3 graphics

Sound, it's nice very nice I use the sound to my advantage all the time but in this game you have to use everything to your benefit. voice acting in cutscenes seem useless since the only time a CS happens is when you start the game, unlock an operator, or when you do a Situation(which is the games tutorial).

Gameplay, plays normal like any other FPS with WAY less customization on weapons. The game is a real challenge since you have only 1 life, you have a point system on health, and no way to heal your health. If you die you have on down to get revived but if you go down again you die. The guns are specific to the organization you choose and the weapons are specific to the person you choose. There is little customization on weapons, scopes, lasers, grip.
    You have 20 people to choose from but there split between 2 defenders and 2 attackers so you really only have a choice of 10 people. defenders defend there position in the building while the attackers infiltrate the building and that's the WHOLE **** GAME. Sure there's other mods like hostage, bomb, or the classic terrorist hunt but that's about it. Each operator has about 1-3 guns to choose from and 2 of the operators have nothing but a shield. The shield guys have piss poor shield aiming and if you want to sight aim you loose the effect of the shield. Mutiplayer is ok but it's just the same as terrorist hunt but with other players. This game got old real fast with the fact that you can unlock every operator and all the customization with the guns within a days time. from there you can do challenges but whats the point if you unlocked everything already.

Controls, feel fine no big issue

Balance, from what I could see each weapon is decent since it's all mostly CQC you always get the full damaging power of the gun so it's really just keeping the gun stable or getting that headshot's.

Overall, it's not a bad game it really is fun but there's a lack of content and mods to play. it's all just 5v5, kill the other team or do the objective. it's like the Star wars Battlefront how it's got a lack of content.
  38. Dec 1, 2015
    In my opinion this is one of the best tactical shooter games available. Every match that i've played is equally intense! Situations is a good place to start and sets you on the right foot for multiplayer. The operators is what makes multiplayer fun, the thinking and tactical awareness that is needed really adds a whole new level to this game. 10/10
  39. Dec 30, 2015
    The most fun, strategic, and addictive game you won't be able to play. Server issues causing a horrible closed beta, was to be expected. Terrible open beta for the same issues, well obviously they must be ironing it out for launch. With Launch came the same issues, and now with the holiday peak servers not functional.

Don't get me wrong it is a good game. But with no single player

Don't get me wrong it is a good game. But with no single player campaign the game basically requires multiplayer. Having constant server issues making it impossible to play bet the games shelf life to be short.

Just check the lack of updates from Ubisoft, their forums exploding with complaints, and Twitter reaction.

You may want to hold off on it to save yourself the frustration.
  40. Jul 16, 2017
    Don't buy this game, it is a waste of money. This game has a lot of potential but because it's a Ubisoft ip, it is terrible. They don't listen to the community what so ever, therefore no MAJOR problems with the game are every fixed. I'M NOT EXAGGERATING the hit registration is awful, the game will crash frequently (AND SOMETIMES WHEN IT CRASHES IT **** UNINSTALLS ITSELF), the game has aDon't buy this game, it is a waste of money. This game has a lot of potential but because it's a Ubisoft ip, it is terrible. They don't listen to the community what so ever, therefore no MAJOR problems with the game are every fixed. I'M NOT EXAGGERATING the hit registration is awful, the game will crash frequently (AND SOMETIMES WHEN IT CRASHES IT **** UNINSTALLS ITSELF), the game has a ton of bugs that Ubisoft just refuses to listen and fix!!! Expand
  41. Dec 1, 2015
    This is a very good and the most realistic shooter on PS4, most map design is so detailed that allows umlimited possibilities. Guns handle and sound awesome, each match feel so intense even the gameplay is not fast like call of duty I personally think it is way more exciting and I prefer this type of tactical shooter. If you have friends who play with you coop this is one of the bestThis is a very good and the most realistic shooter on PS4, most map design is so detailed that allows umlimited possibilities. Guns handle and sound awesome, each match feel so intense even the gameplay is not fast like call of duty I personally think it is way more exciting and I prefer this type of tactical shooter. If you have friends who play with you coop this is one of the best experience you will get, the setting of counter terrorism is just Cool!
    It is very disappointing though it has some unnecessary flaws, without a singleplayer campaign it feels it is lacking a lot of contents and Ubisoft had been lazy.. I played Rainbow Six Raven Shield back then it had an awesome campaign each mission had detailed background and briefings, even 12 years ago had AI teamates to play with you singleplayer. The most IMPORTANT issue is that the Terrorist Hunt mode (which I only cares about as I don't enjoy multiplayer) drops to 30 Frames per second on PS4. I expected a 60 Frame smooth movement as advertised, I wonder why they couldn't make it into 60frames in such a small map.. Even Battlefield could handle 60 frames in 64 player matches. Apart from this me and my mate had problem choosing maps, we thought we can't choose maps in matchmaking. There is actually a hidden setting in options you could turn off what maps you don't want to play, they should have made it more obvious..
    Overall I really love this style of game, in recent years FPS had been all about sci-fi and I am glad to see a realistic shooter back out here, great game with lots of potential.
  42. Dec 1, 2015
    Rainbow6 games always had great campaigns, so I miss them this time. Multiplayer is ok, you really will need some friends to form a squad, because the pub is often sad. The game relies heavily on communication, and there's nothing worse than a foreigner that can't talk with you - or when you are the foreigner. Also, the game pace is SSSSSSLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW when compared to other contemporaryRainbow6 games always had great campaigns, so I miss them this time. Multiplayer is ok, you really will need some friends to form a squad, because the pub is often sad. The game relies heavily on communication, and there's nothing worse than a foreigner that can't talk with you - or when you are the foreigner. Also, the game pace is SSSSSSLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW when compared to other contemporary releases, so it's a bit of a shock. 5v5 is nice and sometimes hard, but I found the terrorist hunt insanely fun (and always hard). Expand
  43. Feb 21, 2016
    Fun game, but it is too bad it is literally unplayable 95.4% of the time due to server issues. I had even put my PS4 in DMZ to try and stop the constant disconnects. With no luck. If I could get a refund I would.
  44. Dec 1, 2015
    Something fresh with great graphics,smooth gameplay and totally different concept from previous fps, however theres no value for money here considering the price of the game. No single player campaign which wouldve been awesome. Online play is ok if you understand your team and communication isnt a problem. Can be repetitive at times and single play is not much fun really.
  45. Jul 27, 2016
    Holy crap I hate this game. Not only is it a massive disappointment, it's not even really a Tom Clancy game, let alone a Rainbow Six game. If a hyped game is just disappointing, I'd say that. But this goes beyond disappointing. It even goes beyond bad. This might just be up there with some of the worst games I've ever played, and the fact I'm giving it a 3 says something about how many badHoly crap I hate this game. Not only is it a massive disappointment, it's not even really a Tom Clancy game, let alone a Rainbow Six game. If a hyped game is just disappointing, I'd say that. But this goes beyond disappointing. It even goes beyond bad. This might just be up there with some of the worst games I've ever played, and the fact I'm giving it a 3 says something about how many bad games I've played. So let's talk about what makes this game so bad. First, it has a serious lack of content, removing campaign and local multiplayer. Anyone who has ever played a Rainbow Six game will know that these are staples of the series, so they're pretty much essentials. A lot of multiplayer games these days suffer from these additions being removed when they could greatly benefit it. Rainbow Six seems to be the most upsetting one for the removal. Instead of singleplayer campaign, you get operations. Operations are essentially tutorial missions to help you get a feel for gamemodes and certain situations. Let's make this clear: they're awful. They aren't fun, they don't teach you anything. Apparently, their purpose is supposed to be for early XP gain. However, after completing half of them, I barely made it to level 1. It's pretty useless doing them, so I wouldn't bother. Next up we have multiplayer, the heart of the game. Is it fun? Well, no. When you break it down, it's really not. For starters, matchmaking is terrible. It was broken from launch, and that hasn't changed to this day. Even if the matchmaking worked, the multiplayer couldn't save this game. Don't get me wrong, the concept is cool and the game plays well, but it suffers from a multitude of issues. One main one being that the game tries so hard to stress that strategy is key. Well, it's hard to strategizing is pretty damn difficult if your team won't listen to you. I can't blame the developers for this, but I can blame them for why they don't listen. Nobody wants to strategize. Honestly, I'm not feeling the urge to do so either. A lot of the tools given to you seem like they should be used to plane out some trap or attack, but I'd never use them in any certain situation, so they feel like they have no use. It's not just the feeling of no strategy, though. This game is also loaded with bugs. Still. Still! It's been 8 months, why haven't they fixed the bugs!!!!!!! Anyway, I'll wrap up this review so I don't get too angry. To sum it all up, don't invest in Rainbow Six. It's complete garbage. 3/10. Expand
  46. Dec 2, 2015
    Good game :) i am enjoying it since beta. But there is one issue and it is multiplayer connection bugs, so this is reason for score 9. For all who will buy this, please buy headphones with microphone !!!
  47. Dec 2, 2015
    At last, one game that really tries to shuffle things around, to re-define our pre-conceptions about first person shooters.

+ Refreshing asymmetrical gameplay. (Operators, Reinforcing/Breaching) + Tense action, each kill is rewarding, you never know where the attackers will hit or how the defender will fortify. + Rewards tactics over quick aiming, brings back communication to gaming,

+ Refreshing asymmetrical gameplay. (Operators, Reinforcing/Breaching)
    + Rewards tactics over quick aiming, brings back communication to gaming, people are playing as a team.
    + Procedural destruction is the very first time we have a next gen feature that really impacts gameplay.
    + Buttery smooth 60fps with all this destruction
    + Free maps DLC for the next year!
    + Dedicated post-launch support from the dev team
    + Microtransactions are just a shortcut, not pay to win, you can unlock everything you want by simply gaining XP.
    + Although not a single player focused game, plenty of options to have fun (Situations, TerroHunt, TerroHuntClassic)
  48. Feb 20, 2016
    This a a sub par game not deserving to have Tom Clancy or Rainbow six attached to it. No story mode is obviously becoming a trend with this generation of gaming and thats a trend that should not be followed if you're a Tom Clancy title. No content. i haven't seen this much lack of content since the sega genesis days. There is only one game mode to play even if you're doing a terroristThis a a sub par game not deserving to have Tom Clancy or Rainbow six attached to it. No story mode is obviously becoming a trend with this generation of gaming and thats a trend that should not be followed if you're a Tom Clancy title. No content. i haven't seen this much lack of content since the sega genesis days. There is only one game mode to play even if you're doing a terrorist hunt, you're still essentially playing online but with the AI. Lack of customizing. Rainbow six vegas was the undisputed king of freedom within the game and before. From customizing Guns, apparel, add-ons and etc. There was nothing you couldn't do. Aren't these new machines suppose to superior? why can't the customizing stay in a more powerful system. I loved having the option to put a silencer on in the middle of the game and taking it off, added something called realism. They obviously tried making a very different game than whats on the market today but its sad to say the game is just not good for. Its good to play for a few matches and then you realize its the same thing again again. Maybe they'll release a DLC to customize the operators they are forcing me to use. Expand
  49. Jan 16, 2016
    Boring and repetitive, laggy servers, some cool gadgets but that's about it any cod type fps is more intense and more fun than this, not very fun getting killed by team mates at the start of a round then having to watch them lose
  50. Jan 2, 2016
    Muito. Realista, o jogo é incrível, um dos melhores jogos de tiro que já joguei, funciona muito bem, a jogabilidade é muito boa e é muito legal as habilidades que os personagens possuem.
  51. Feb 20, 2016
    I have not played it yet,,,Just watch my Son play and it looks A ton of fun. They will be some haters on this game because it takes some thought , and you cant run around like you got a rattle snake up your rear end, so you Black oooooops guys ,,Sorry this game aint for you.
  52. Mar 18, 2016
    I am in love with this game. I wrote a review a week or two ago where i pointed out the serves were bad. The servers are fantastic now, and I never experience any glitches or bugs in-game. I am still missing some more content in the game, but i doesn't really cause the multiplayer mode is so fun. Especially when you play with friends.
  53. May 10, 2016
    I'm not sure how this game has such a high rating with rampant matchmaking errors. Ranked matchmaking might as well be non-existent. Usually takes about 20-30 minutes to find a ranked game. The gunplay and realism is very cool when you FINALLY do get into a game. There are 11 maps but feels as if there are 3 or 4. There is no campaign. So many steps back from Rainbow Six Vegas in terms ofI'm not sure how this game has such a high rating with rampant matchmaking errors. Ranked matchmaking might as well be non-existent. Usually takes about 20-30 minutes to find a ranked game. The gunplay and realism is very cool when you FINALLY do get into a game. There are 11 maps but feels as if there are 3 or 4. There is no campaign. So many steps back from Rainbow Six Vegas in terms of customization and custom servers. Might be worth getting on a substantial sale if you can deal with the matchmaking issues. I have an Open Nat type and have never experienced such a frustrating matchmaking system on any game before. Expand
  54. Dec 6, 2015
    I my opinion this is very cleaver team based game with rock solid game play.

In most reviews I read that you need friends to play this game. But actually it is opposite, this game CREATES FRIENDS. Games community already mostly matured and it easy to find people who are engaged to use mic and work together. It is awesome and something that did exists before in any sense. In most
    I my opinion this is very cleaver team based game with rock solid game play.

In most review I read that the game have small amount of content. But this game have so perfect balance and it would it nearly impossible to create so balanced game with more character customization.

Regarding lack of maps I completely disagree. It is 11 very complex maps with much more variety that have BF4 maps or other games.

For me this game is not so addicting like run and gun. This game is like a classical book, it should be read slowly, with deep understanding and it could be base for a intellectual discussion.
  55. Dec 1, 2015
    Plain and simple this game takes some what of a double digit IQ to play. Anyone from the COD fan base will have difficulty picking this game up quickly as it takes some time to get use to the idea of "tactics" with a "team". There is balance in the classes its just up to you on how skilled you are with a certain one. From previous reviews I have read it seems that the PC version is havingPlain and simple this game takes some what of a double digit IQ to play. Anyone from the COD fan base will have difficulty picking this game up quickly as it takes some time to get use to the idea of "tactics" with a "team". There is balance in the classes its just up to you on how skilled you are with a certain one. From previous reviews I have read it seems that the PC version is having difficulties with spotty hit detection and server issues. I can say I put a solid 4 hours into this game this morning when I released and have had none of these problems. Cant give this higher than a 8 due to the fact that there is no campaign like other classic Rainbow games however the idea of the "Situations" could be a nice treat. Give this game a look if your looking for something better than the every year release of COD or the painful to play SWBF. Expand
  56. Dec 3, 2015
    I gave this game a 10 to help offset the ridiculous people who gave it a 0. The truth is toys game is a solid 9 in my opinion. People complain that there is no campaign, can't choose custom loadouts, bad graphics, not enough game modes bla, blah blah. The fact of the matter is that this game needs none of that. The GAMEPLAY is what matters in this game. Smart tactical movement,I gave this game a 10 to help offset the ridiculous people who gave it a 0. The truth is toys game is a solid 9 in my opinion. People complain that there is no campaign, can't choose custom loadouts, bad graphics, not enough game modes bla, blah blah. The fact of the matter is that this game needs none of that. The GAMEPLAY is what matters in this game. Smart tactical movement, teamwork, and communication are key. Thus game is meant to be played with a squad. Lone wolf run and gun players will not like this game. As for the lack of campaign, who cares? If you want a campaign buy a game that has one. This game is not for you if that is the experience you are looking for. This game is for people who are looking for a tactical online shooter, that requires teamwork, communication and strategy. If that sounds like your style of game, you will love Rainbow Six Siege.

As for the loadout complaints, they again make no sense when applied to this game. Each operator had a certain set of skills, weapons and abilities. You are playing as part of a team, and hence have a certain role to perform. Each operator had a counter operator available for the other team. This creates balance, promotes teamwork and adds a layer of strategy not found in any other shooter currently available on ps4.

For people who say the graphics are on a PS3 level, that is absurd. The graphics are not the best on the system, but they are sol very good. It has a gritty realism to it that i personally enjoy.

As for the lack of game modes, once again I say that is a moot point when applied to this game. A plethora of game modes is good when trying to appeal to the widest possible audience. Battlefield, COD, Battlefront, etc all have plenty of game modes to choose from. Despite that, most people have 1 or 2 modes that they play on a regular basis, and ignore all the others. This game as I said before is aimed at an audience looking for a certain type of game.

Final verdict:
    If you are looking for a game with a 30 hour campaign, game modes galore, highly customizable loadouts, large open sniper friendly maps, run and gun gameplay, vehicular combat, or bullet sponge enemies that take a full clip to kill, then you are in luck. The market is filled with these games, go choose one and play until your heart's content. This game is not for you, and that's ok, but that doesn't make it a bad game. On the other hand, if you are looking for a tactical online shooter, this game is for you. In my opinion, this is the only game on the PS4 that offers this type of gameplay. Just make sure to play in a squad, use strategy and communicate, which is how the game is meant to be played.
  57. Dec 4, 2015
    This game is designed for a specific group of people. Those who want a realistic experience with a tactical shooter. The 'realistic' difficulty is just that,realistic. You need a plan when you start a mission or you will die,there is no question. It takes planning and quick thinking.
    The sound design is where this game really shines. Hearing the terrorists making plans and scurrying above you and through the walls is an intense experience. It's an anxious feeling that is similar to survival horror games.

Graphically the game holds up well. Its not amazing but it showcases its talents when it needs to. The destruction in the game is a step above any other shooters that claim destructible environments.
    If you are the lone wolf type like me, you will have fun with the tutorials,aka 'situations' that lead up to opening the multiplayer portion of the game. I played the levels on realistic difficulty and it was incredibly hard but not frustrating. It was hard because the game was better than I was. It's not attributed to the game being unfair.
    So do yourself a favor,go buy the game,buy some surround sound headphones,turn the lights off and start planning your attack. Its for real.
  58. Dec 2, 2015
    I registered for Metacritic specifically to give this game a zero. I waited for this POS for over a year. Hyped it up with my friends and forced one of them to also buy it only to find out that I literally cannot play the game. I have been stuck at the "creating squad" loading screen for both betas and now the actual game. Apparently this is due to the netcode Ubisoft has created whichI registered for Metacritic specifically to give this game a zero. I waited for this POS for over a year. Hyped it up with my friends and forced one of them to also buy it only to find out that I literally cannot play the game. I have been stuck at the "creating squad" loading screen for both betas and now the actual game. Apparently this is due to the netcode Ubisoft has created which interferes with certain ISPs. They knowingly shipped a game that failed in beta that they don't have a solution for. Literally theft of $60 and now I have to deal with not only that but the ire of a friend. Thanks Ubisoft for the stealing. Expand
  59. Jan 26, 2016
    decent potential but glitchy, broken, and incomplete. matchmaking is horrendous. the number of hackers is going up by the day. all game modes are basically the same
  60. Dec 3, 2015
    I just love the game! Very addictive, well balanced with great graphics and physics! It's a must have for me and i'm looking forward for the upcoming maps and game modes!
  61. Mar 14, 2016
    Granted, I am not a young player, but this game is a bit too ridiculous from a standpoint of what you can do in situations. No support, no ability to choose your load out, timing of some of these. Sure, they can be done, but not a very good effort in production. I am sure this is just another game - like most everything these days - that is really made for online gaming. A greatGranted, I am not a young player, but this game is a bit too ridiculous from a standpoint of what you can do in situations. No support, no ability to choose your load out, timing of some of these. Sure, they can be done, but not a very good effort in production. I am sure this is just another game - like most everything these days - that is really made for online gaming. A great disappointment for me. Expand
  62. Nov 3, 2018
    CENSORING THE GAME BECAUSE OF CHINA, THE ASSESTS ON DISC WONT EVEN BE USED ANYMORE COME YEAR 4, NOT TO MENTION THE OLD HEREFORD IS ON DISC AND ONLY USED FOR SITUATIONS.

This used to be a good game until casual players and reddit whined about everything "tactical" in this game and got them to remove it, and on top of that, it's clear Ubisoft only cares about the PC version - giving PC preferential treatment.

Every pistol has no recoil, no leaning while not ADS'd, no console pro league (only ESL GO4's), the blatant powercreep every season, matchmaking is garbage (you get matched against people across the world during peak times) AND the old servers dropped less packets compared to the new servers.

At this point, the only redeeming factor is map destruction.

**** ubisoft, and **** this game.
  63. Jun 14, 2017
    I wouldn't recommend purchasing the game. It's basically just camping, the only thing I like about Siege is that you can teamkill. Uninstalled it after 2 hours :/
  64. Dec 2, 2015
    Garbage - absolute garbage.
    Garbage - absolute garbage.
    OK, say we give Ubisoft a pass on the weak rollout beta, say we give them a pass on the lack of mp modes, say we give them a pass on the really bad graphics/player movements and animations - RB6S is just straight up boring. I've been playing Tom Clancy days since the days of the original Rainbow Six on PC and I really enjoyed RB6 Vegas but this is a huge step back in the evolution of the tactical genre.
    I guess my problem is the game just puts me to sleep, there's no excitement or tension in this game - its just defend, now invade, back to defend. Maybe mix in a terrorist hunt. Back to defend, then invade again.
    And before you call me a COD fan boy/Run and Gun type, I'm not. At all. But I do like some actual tension and drama in my shooter - this has none. I was hoping it would be more like TLOU Factions....
    Also, can we please change the voice of the kid who announces the objective at the start of the round - he sounds like the kid at Von's who bags my groceries - not a military commander.
  65. Dec 1, 2015
    This game supplies with a strong team based matches. Although some operator abilities are way to OP. It is a pretty decent game. I would rather have more things to keep me occupied in the game. It is partially irritating when you can just board up one room.
  66. May 23, 2017
    This game is to fast paced.

I prefer slower games like agar.io Its gun play is average and there are only 6 operators which is underwhelming. The single player is monotonous and i had little fun. The dlc is like a billion dollars.
  67. Dec 1, 2015
    not bad, really interesting & looks good
    but after SW Battlefront... why we must pay a lot of money for f2p content ?

its plays great & ballistics feels good, many gadgets and tactics is great
    but... f2p shooter for 60$ ? no thanx
  68. Dec 3, 2015
    I'm not even sure where to begin honestly....

People review this game and games in general because they care about it, they truly do if they invest time to talk about it. so whats positive? - Music (yes, I found it nice honestly) - the idea that you got different agents (tho absolutely not as I expect it to be, more details below) - the concept of defending is somewhat improved in
    I'm not even sure where to begin honestly....

so whats positive?
    - Music (yes, I found it nice honestly)
    - the concept of defending is somewhat improved in a certain way compared to its predecessors

whats bad?:
    boy oh boy where do I start?...

- LAG (the game is unplayable, 1 shots without seeing bullets?), it's just unplayable most of the times
    - No customization of the agents (very basic in fact, just look at games like Rainbow six: Raven Shield or Rogue Spear and you'll understand what is missing here... it's just dull and extremely basic...
    - No modes (seriously, every mode they have, that I guess are somewhat 3, feel all the same... no all vs all, no possibility to choose the map and you are not even able to choose the mod u wanna play... that is just depressing).
    - Match Making lag/loop (if you cant find a match, the solution according to Ubi, is to quit the menu and enter again... Why do I need to be forced to find a workaround like that instead of implementing a proper Match making feature?...)
    - Wall glitches, body parts passing trough the walls, showing off your position in a tactical game is just plain retarded

and the list goes on, I just cba anymore to list the negative stuff. As a customer who basically has/had all the Rainbow six games for PC I am speechless at how low Ubi fell down, I am deeply saddend and very disappointed.

Shame on you guys, how can you even feel good about this?...
  69. Dec 2, 2015
    A refreshing take on the shooting genre. Loads of customization, every single piece of DLC is free, incredible fortification, this game really has it all in terms of a tactical shooter.

People will inevitably complain because there is no campaign, but as someone who has been playing FPS campaigns since the 90s, they are rarely worth a damn in the first place. Considering there are tons of singleplayer only games that release at $60, why does a multiplayer only game at $60 get flak? I can easily pour 40 hours into this multiplayer, which is more bang for your buck than almost any $60 release on the market currently save for Bloodborne and Fallout.
  70. Jan 3, 2016
    Like many others i thought this game was gonna bring something new and fresh to the table, i was convinced that ubisoft wasn't gonna f u c k it up this time but i guess i was wrong again. This game got my attention back when they released that demo that had havok and his pals face against Dante and and his clan off f u c k bois, anyway at first the game seems really cool but then youLike many others i thought this game was gonna bring something new and fresh to the table, i was convinced that ubisoft wasn't gonna f u c k it up this time but i guess i was wrong again. This game got my attention back when they released that demo that had havok and his pals face against Dante and and his clan off f u c k bois, anyway at first the game seems really cool but then you realize that the community is filled with 12 year old little cod players who only care about the thrill of the kill and flat out refuse to play the objective. The final nail in the coffin for this game is the team damage, you cant even play a game without someone on the other team or your team capping each other in the neck. Ubisoft seems to be having genital herps these past few years. They should have known that these days people only like fast pace shooters so they can get on top of the leader board then talk s h i t about how they destroyed your moms p u s s y and your entire team. My experience with this game can be compared to you going to the bathroom taking a real good s h i t then having the water splash up and go in to your crack, i guess ubisoft wins again. Expand
  71. Dec 8, 2015
    Although Rainbow Six Siege has a great concept, the mechanics of this game is majorly flawed. Controls are absolutely sloppy and the in game graphics are not up to par with a lot of PS4 games out there.
    I've been told that the PC version is great, but unfortunately, I can only judge the PS4 version and I had to take it back because of the actual game play. Quite disappointing as I was looking forward to this one.
  72. Dec 3, 2015
    All that needs to be said is the graphics are years behind and the gameplay is like watching paint dry. So old and dated with no game modes. Probably the worst game I have ever played.
  73. Dec 15, 2015
    This Rainbow..... is sad no, campaign. 0 weapon customization and piss poor matchmaking. This is so light on content free to play comes to mind. Its not worth 60.00 or 40.00 bad game ubi soft.. question how do you name a game after books... and you hqve no campaign. No story and you play the same 4 maps all the time...... ubi made watch dogs, so i should have seen this coming. PleaseThis Rainbow..... is sad no, campaign. 0 weapon customization and piss poor matchmaking. This is so light on content free to play comes to mind. Its not worth 60.00 or 40.00 bad game ubi soft.. question how do you name a game after books... and you hqve no campaign. No story and you play the same 4 maps all the time...... ubi made watch dogs, so i should have seen this coming. Please dont buy this game, its worth 20 at best.. Expand
  74. Jan 10, 2018
    this is the worst game ever it's so buggy and the hit registration is complete **** ,it was created by Satan himself and i bet there is no other game worse than this one
  75. Feb 4, 2016
    I'm a really old fart who has been playing games since the Atari 2600. Yes, that Atari 2600. This is one of those rare treasures that only few games are able to do. This is on the same game changing level as the original Call of Duty. Limited game modes, limited small maps, small teams. HUGE chaos and fun.
  76. Dec 7, 2015
    Is Rainbow6 a perfect game?
    No, but what it does is excel at giving a great experience. Situations are a blast, Terrorist Hunt can be incredible, and Multiplayer is unique.
    If you are a fan of tactical shooters, give RB6 a look. Even if it feels lacking initially, you will come to find the promise of free maps, and the intensity of a shootout, leaves a lot of time to burn in the game.
  77. Dec 3, 2015
    For all that Rainbow Six Siege lacks(a there is quite a bit), it still creates one of the most tense and engaging games you will ever play online.

Single player is just an 11-situations tutorial. A bootcamp to prepare you for some of the scenarios you will encounter online.I liked this, because it weeds out those who can't get past the fundamentals of this game. Although, its not the hardest of trials, it definitely is not easy. You will not breeze through these situations. And you must complete all of them by yourself except for the 11th one.Once you get past the bootcamp of the situations though, you will get to experience some of the most tense, unpredictable, and fun online games in a long time. Online servers run smooth as far as I have experienced from playing hours online. The longest time the servers were down was about 2 minutes. The rest of the time they were up and running with little to no lag. Which is impressive to say the least. The subpar graphics, average controls, and lack of single player campaign hold this game back. If you can overlook those, you still have the most tense online game (not just shooter) to come out this year.
  78. Apr 2, 2017
    Fun game. Steep learning curve, punishes stupidity and recklessness. Definitely need to learn the maps. Should be good for long term enjoyment. Game has been rebalanced to make operators more viable / less over powered. Cool maps, good graphics. Can't wait to see what the new modes will be. Lots of differing strategies to employ. Every match is different. April 2, 2017 justFun game. Steep learning curve, punishes stupidity and recklessness. Definitely need to learn the maps. Should be good for long term enjoyment. Game has been rebalanced to make operators more viable / less over powered. Cool maps, good graphics. Can't wait to see what the new modes will be. Lots of differing strategies to employ. Every match is different. April 2, 2017 just upgraded to a 9. It would be a 10 without the server issues buy I believe it is getting better. Expand
  79. Mar 10, 2017
    One of the best shooter game I've player in recent years. Highly recommend to play with your friends, it's tons of fun.

- game lunch wasn't good, but developer improved it a lot ever since.
    - server issue
    - it's shame that game doesn't have single player
  80. Jan 4, 2017
    Rainbow Six Siege is actually a surprisingly good game. It's a thankfully breath of fresh air amidst the run-n-gun regenerating fair that FPS' usually get. It's just a shame that everything that surrounds the game is so **** bad.

I can't praise enough about the gameplay. The emphasis on tactics and teamwork makes for a very tense and exciting shooter. If I could just play the game like I wanted this would be an 8 or 9 out of 10 straight away. Unfortunately, Ubisoft is pretty good at stopping that.

The different operators are pretty well balanced. Everyone has their own niche and can be useful in their own right. One can shoot clusters of bombs into a particular room through a breakable surface, and another can set up additional cameras to spot enemies from. There are a decent amount of operators in the base game, however a significant amount are locked behind season passes. Yes, plural. It's not the most gregarious example in gaming, but after being spoiled by the likes of overwatch, it's hard not to raise an eyebrow.

A major issue however, is the servers. It's not infrequent to be kicked from squads, games and experience large spikes in lag during gameplay. For a game in which a fraction of a second can mean the difference been victory and defeat, it's a very concerning issue.

Another problem is the players. If you don't go in with a squad full of friends, you're very likely to find yourself on the receiving end of a painful situation. Team killing is extremely frequent, and more often than not completely on purpose. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be very heavily punished other than a slight docking of points. It's not unusual to find the defending team a man down before the attackers have moved an inch.

Speaking of which, quitting is also very frequent. The matchmaking doesn't always find replacements, often meaning you'll find yourself in a match where you are missing teammates and at a significant disadvantage. Even just one missing teammate can make a match impossible to win. Terrorist hunt is almost unplayable for this reason, as by the one minute mark you'll frequently find yourself with only two players on your team. That's ignoring the pretty severe issues this game has with AI.

Finally, bugs plague this game, even to this date. In my short time playing, I found numerous glitches such as your gun turning invisible, or getting stuck at 0 bullets in your clip and being unable to reload or do anything but move despite having ammo.

In summary, Rainbow Six Siege is a very good game. Unfortunately, it seems Ubisoft royally screwed the pooch on this one and packaged it very incompetently.
  81. Dec 5, 2015
    While the minute to minute gameplay is fantastic and nailbitingly tense, I question the longevity this, and other online-only games have.

At the moment I am truly loving the dynamic this game has set up. It requires teamwork, communication, patience, and most importantly dead-eye accuracy. There's no run and gun COD tactics allowed here. That's a fresh ticket to the morgue (spectator cam) in R6: Siege.

A few things keep me from giving this game the 10 it could have easily gotten. There is no way to vote on maps or which type of game to play, at least in casual games so you're stuck with the same map or game type multiple times in a row on occasion. Something else that irks me is the lack of customization per operator. Some operators are limited to one primary weapon. Very limiting.

Also deducting a point for the ridiculous price on the season pass. $30 for unannounced content is insulting. Ubisoft b@tch slapping their customers yet again.

Taking the content already there into consideration I'd give the game a solid 8/10. If you have at least one other person on your team who takes the game seriously and has a mic it improves the experience ten-fold.
  82. Dec 5, 2015
    I love the more tactical shooter games where communication is key. Loved R6 Vegas and the Last of Us for the same reasons. THIS game adds new tactical dimensions not seen before and it has been a blast. I will say that in the early going I've had some problems trying to team-up with friends (constant error messages, causing me to restart my router) but I'm confident this will get fixed.I love the more tactical shooter games where communication is key. Loved R6 Vegas and the Last of Us for the same reasons. THIS game adds new tactical dimensions not seen before and it has been a blast. I will say that in the early going I've had some problems trying to team-up with friends (constant error messages, causing me to restart my router) but I'm confident this will get fixed. And I too, was bummed about no campaign, but love that they are rolling out new maps and operators (characters) every quarter this year for free. IT DEFINITELY DESERVES A HIGHER RATING THAN 6.6. Way too many people didn't research the game before buying and rated it a zero. Come on guys. Zero? Really? Expand
  83. Dec 31, 2015
    I really have to write review for this game so that somebody who has been looking for tactical shooters doesn't steer off because the criminally low score this has currently.

Lets start with the negatives: Sure it could have had a campaign. There is a game mode called situations where you can practice. If Ubisoft just called it campaign and put videos between the missions everybody would be happy about it.

Then to the positives: Game works well even if you don't have mics and communicate with your team members but the fun goes to whole new level when you are playing with your friends. In this game the lone wolf usually dies. You really have to co-ordinate with your team to survive. Learning the different perks of each character is fun and really changes the way you proceed to the mission.

Which people haven't talked enough is the sound world. Never have explosions from distance sounded so real and it really gives you the nice atmosphere when you and your team mates are in the room protecting the hostage and the distance explosions start to sound and dust falls from the roof.

Anyway, I could write much more good about the game but I really want to go back to playing and not writing here so adios.
  84. Mar 10, 2017
    Take all competitive MOBAs and take away the extremely salty community. Its search and destroy from COD with an element of counterstrike in a very realistic based physical world. Its always super competitive with tactical play the whole game. This is the first competitive online game I could play all day and have yet to become bored with it. They fix (most of) the broken or glitchy partsTake all competitive MOBAs and take away the extremely salty community. Its search and destroy from COD with an element of counterstrike in a very realistic based physical world. Its always super competitive with tactical play the whole game. This is the first competitive online game I could play all day and have yet to become bored with it. They fix (most of) the broken or glitchy parts of the game pretty quickly and keep adding new content at a rate that won't overwhelm the players so they don't have to learn about new characters or maps all the time. Overall great game for MOBA type people. Oh and it isn't pay to win either. Expand
  85. Dec 15, 2015
    Graphics are up to par with the PS3. Good luck getting team killed by stupid team mates. I rented this game from Redbox and return it fast. I purchased Mad Max instead for cheap on Ebay.
  86. Dec 4, 2015
    This game is not what they've promised to us.
    Few contents and repetitive dynamics, absolutely few customizations and micro transaction everywhere.
    I remember that Payday was sold at a low price because it was on-line only and with few things to do while Siege has the same costs of Fallout 4 or other "complete" games. No campaign, no single player modes, no soul in this game. Just an
    This game is not what they've promised to us.
    No campaign, no single player modes, no soul in this game. Just an anonymous on-line shooter which is fun to play but that costs too much for what it offers.
    My advice: buy this game when is at a cheaper price or only if you have a good team of friends to play with....
  87. Jan 27, 2016
    Amazing game that lacks content . they shouild change the name its got a **** name.tghe chararcters are lame. . It also reminds me of swat 3 and 4. To shortly put a 90 dollar cad multiplayer game should be extremely filled with maps and more modes like hard core ,no crosshairs, and hud. The teams cop vs cop is confusing. They should have terrorists, unnecessary censorship perhaps.ProbablyAmazing game that lacks content . they shouild change the name its got a **** name.tghe chararcters are lame. . It also reminds me of swat 3 and 4. To shortly put a 90 dollar cad multiplayer game should be extremely filled with maps and more modes like hard core ,no crosshairs, and hud. The teams cop vs cop is confusing. They should have terrorists, unnecessary censorship perhaps.Probably why there is no hardcore mode, they look the same. Wish it had doors for pick,breaching, the yellow x is not needed asyou can shoot and destroy anything .The balance is fine frags are lethal and explosion while holes and camping is funny. The lean cover system works great, a first person snap shooting style might have been better but its fine. Would be a counter strike if only it had some more content and a hardcore no hud mode like i said. Graphics are solid. Blood is excessive and unrealistic, with no realistic gore. Audio is amazing but annoying voices you cant be turned down. Controls good and fluid. Expand
  88. Sep 5, 2017
    Pros
    Immense action and pressure
    Many gamers use headsets and play tactfully as a team A distinct lack of screaming 8-year-old fan boys Vast range of operators and weapons Many methods to execute the perfect strategy Levels well designed to support gameplay Cons Lack of single player Should be able to see a map of level whilst playing gameplay Game should do a better job of
    Pros
    Immense action and pressure
    Many gamers use headsets and play tactfully as a team
    A distinct lack of screaming 8-year-old fan boys
    Vast range of operators and weapons
    Many methods to execute the perfect strategy
    Levels well designed to support gameplay

Cons
    Lack of single player
    Should be able to see a map of level whilst playing gameplay
    Game should do a better job of encouraging use of a variety of operators, rather than choosing your favourite every round
    Losing too much sleep from staying up playing this game
    Too much water (looking at you IGN)

Summary of Favourite Moment
    Playing in a five man party, all with headsets. Co-ordinating the attack before moving in. Taking out cameras with suppressed handguns and sneaking our way towards the hostage. Each of us surrounds the room with the hostage inside. We send a camera in which tags a few targets, before being taken out. … It’s quiet… the quiet before the storm. At my command, the team detonate the breach charges and throw concussion grenades into the room. We all breach at once, brothers in arms. We mercilessly and efficiently drop the enemy terrorists whilst they are suffering from exploding headaches. We check the hostage over, she’s fine. Mission completed.

Summary of worst moment
    Lining up outside a room with a hostage in it. Telling my team to patiently wait as I throw a grenade in through the window. The grenade hits and kills the hostage. Mission failed. Sorry guys.

Detail
    Siege is a welcome change of pace to the typical 'run and gun' titles out there (think Battlefield, Call of Duty etc. Siege carves its own place in a genre already full of FPS games and does so convincingly.

The important question: What does it offer that other games don't?
    My answer: Realism.

The gameplay offered from Siege is a masterclass of tactical response to various terrorist threats. It throws you into their world and the sheer suspense of some of the rounds I've played are immense.

I have spent many online days playtime on Call of Duty, so I'm not discrediting the series, but many people I have spoken to compare this game with Search and Destroy game modes from Call of Duty. Whilst I see their logic, I believe it's a faulty one; Search and Destroy doesn’t offer the same amount of pressure that Siege does. You can’t run into a room with Siege and take everyone out with superhuman abilities, then call in your autonomous killstreak drone to earn your nuke – it’s just not that type of game.

Siege rewards players when they take their time, plan and execute their plan perfectly.

Whilst playing Siege, I have never died when it wasn’t my fault; whereas with Call of Duty/Battlefield this is often the case.

I see myself playing Siege many years into the future and looking back with fond memories. The players who critique this game the most are probably those who haven’t played it and want to keep buying the same Call of Duty every year.
  89. Jan 17, 2016
    The best multiplayer FPS that's ever been made. With the destructible environment, and operators that counter one another - there is no where to hide on the map for you / enemies. It requires communication and a lot of practice to make the most of this game.
  90. Jun 7, 2016
    my biggest problem about this game is the lack of content i mean is it to much to ask for a campain in a fps and if you dont have friends to play with in this game i will not recommend it
  91. Jan 25, 2016
    Поиграл в бету. Ну что тут сказать, да,, это тактический шутер, но матч за 5 мин и убийства с одной пули... Серьезно? Не знаю как вы, но я играю в игры ради наслаждения, а не ради того чтобы меня каждые пять минут задры убивали. 5 из 10 имхоПоиграл в бету. Ну что тут сказать, да,, это тактический шутер, но матч за 5 мин и убийства с одной пули... Серьезно? Не знаю как вы, но я играю в игры ради наслаждения, а не ради того чтобы меня каждые пять минут задры убивали. 5 из 10 имхо
  92. Feb 15, 2016
    This could have been a great overall game like Rainbow 6 Vegas on PS3. The training situations are challenging and build excitement as to what’s to come in the single player campaign…but there isn’t one. Play online or play the situation again. Not everyone wants to go online. And if you do, you have to pay for it. After a long day at work, I just want to come home and play a single playerThis could have been a great overall game like Rainbow 6 Vegas on PS3. The training situations are challenging and build excitement as to what’s to come in the single player campaign…but there isn’t one. Play online or play the situation again. Not everyone wants to go online. And if you do, you have to pay for it. After a long day at work, I just want to come home and play a single player campaign. Also no multiplayer. Have friends over and play split screen? No. They need to buy their own copy, stay home, and get online. Big fun. Wise up developers. Not everyone wants to go online. Check eBay for my copy…cheap. Expand
  93. Feb 29, 2016
    It cannot be stressed enough, the premise of this game's multiplayer is truly brilliant. Realistically tactical yet easy to jump into at the same time, this game has a truly deep and competitive multiplayer that seems to never get old. However, with this, a sort of tutorial mode titled "Situations" and a Player vs A.I. "Terrorist Hunt" mode, this game is most certainly lacking in straightIt cannot be stressed enough, the premise of this game's multiplayer is truly brilliant. Realistically tactical yet easy to jump into at the same time, this game has a truly deep and competitive multiplayer that seems to never get old. However, with this, a sort of tutorial mode titled "Situations" and a Player vs A.I. "Terrorist Hunt" mode, this game is most certainly lacking in straight forward, raw content. There are also numerous bugs and glitches which continue to surface in the gameplay. These are, however being fixed and improves upon day after day. This game's style of DLC (downloadable content) also deserves high praise, only asking for money when players want to buy customary weapon skins. All game play content is completely free for every player. This needs to be accepted as a strict multiplayer game with very little single player content. The multiplayer truly is something special. With numerous tricks and interesting features that really make sense in this match-based tactical shooter and a large variety of unique abilities and differently-functioning weapons. The amount of strategy that can be put forth between you and your friends will truly boost your experience and chances of winning. Most certainly a game that was meant to be played with others. Expand
  94. Feb 29, 2016
    I wish I could give this game a positive review. I am a huge Rainbow Six Vegas fan and Tom Clancy games in general. Considering this game at full price, giving it a positive review would be a lie.
    First, there is no campaign.
    First, there is no campaign.
    Second, there are basically 3 modes--attack and defend, hostage extraction, and king of the hill. The objective for each one of these modes is always within a room so there's not a whole lot of variety when planning an attack other than breaching in. The variety is limited by which operator you choose...
    Third, the customization that was in previous Rainbows is replaced by these operators. Personally, I like to create my own soldiers and enjoyed doing so on Rainbow Six Vegas and RSV2. Each operator comes with a few certain select guns and items, and you cannot customize the appearance of the operator.

As far as gameplay goes, it feels like an average first person shooter once you actually find an enemy. It takes one bullet to the head to confirm a kill and you have to react quickly to survive. Spraying and praying can be just as effective here as in other popular FPS's. Since the objectives are located in a certain room of the map, defenders will camp and hide around the objective more times than not. Luckily, there are a several infiltrating operator abilities to help counter this camping. Attacking the defending team can be fun when the teamwork is there and you can avoid some of the overpowered defender abilities (Frost.)

Matchmaking is awful and it takes sometimes several minutes to get into a ranked game.
  95. Mar 26, 2016
    This game may not be a ten, but i am giving it one to boost its score past a seven which is far too low for it. Something about the intense combat in this game keeps me coming back to it. If you are a battlefield or cs fan or maybe both this is the perfect game for you. There is much more to see do and unlock then what may seem there at first and the combat stays fresh throughout. The onlyThis game may not be a ten, but i am giving it one to boost its score past a seven which is far too low for it. Something about the intense combat in this game keeps me coming back to it. If you are a battlefield or cs fan or maybe both this is the perfect game for you. There is much more to see do and unlock then what may seem there at first and the combat stays fresh throughout. The only complaint I have lays with the matchmaking still and the fact that I still sometimes experience bouts of matchmaking that go on for far too long than it should take to find 10 people playing the same game. Expand
  96. Feb 26, 2017
    Лучший проект для сетевой игры с друзьями. Невероятно интересный геймплей, атмосфера и тактическая составляющая не оставит вас равнодушными, не наскучит вам очень долгое время, а также оставит вам и вашим друзьям в памяти массу незабываемых моментовЛучший проект для сетевой игры с друзьями. Невероятно интересный геймплей, атмосфера и тактическая составляющая не оставит вас равнодушными, не наскучит вам очень долгое время, а также оставит вам и вашим друзьям в памяти массу незабываемых моментов
  97. Feb 3, 2017
    This is one of the best FPS game ever, very realistic, awesome characters, amazing maps, and intense games. A well made tactical game, there's not other game like this in the market. I love that its getting more content for free, and more players are getting into the scene. Buy it, just do it.
  98. Feb 15, 2017
    A great game that has a few issues,

IMpressed from BETA to game, as its a great departure from run around and kill everyone, 360 nube tubing blah blha. is tactical and immersive, plays well on tension and can be frustrating that you dont want to stop playing, just to get better !! Maps are fun to conquer, situations are really good and shame not more, as fun training levels Multi
    A great game that has a few issues,

Multi is where its all hit and miss.
    MP is core and important, the big problems lie in constant server issues, where games wont even connect or online just stops.
    If in a match that suddenly gets 1 sided, it stough really.
    ppl often drop out, more so on CASUAL, or even team kill, and then thats it, good luck !
    CASUAL does not punish, RANKED does, and sometimes its truly frustrating.
    The patches have been quite good, changing or nerfing weapons and adding gadgets effectiveness is all good.
    it sjust the players that tend ot let the game down, other than server issues, and i think CASUAL play, as quick to connect as it is, is let down by other players, with no penalty. Renown penalty is pretty dire, and the 15 mins RANKED block is good, but if ya get kicked cos some loony runs in front of ya shot, and hey ho, kick him !

Yet this again brings back how good the game is. No wild firing, need to watch where bullets fly, tactics and movement and watchign all sides, instead of run and gun, that ends horribly.
    so yes, im still addicted, has its flaws, and yet there is a great game here
  99. Mar 12, 2017
    Indeed an innovative game in a genre that rarely changes, sins a little because it does not have a history mode and because of the difficulty in acquiring the new operators for those who do not have much time to play, or simply do not want to spend with the season pass.
  100. Mar 17, 2017
    Fantastic jump forward in the tactical genre. I've sunk over 100hrs into this game by this point and still find myself coming back to it more than 4 or 5 times a week. It definitely has issues however.

Pros: - At time of writing, its really easy to find this game under what would be considered full price. - Plenty of post-release support being added - new operators, weapon skins,

Pros:
    - Plenty of post-release support being added - new operators, weapon skins, character skins, maps, etc.
    - Rewards teamwork wonderfully.
    - There's definitely nothing else like it on the console market at the moment.
    - Engaging multiplayer with many high-pressure moments.

Cons:
    - Brutal server issues still persist even after the product has been on the market for 16 months.
    - Not a whole lot to do outside of multiplayer. Do not purchase hoping for a successor of R6 Vegas.
    - Tasks as simple as creating your squad of friends can occasionally be impossible due to connection issues.

1. Edge Magazine
    Feb 16, 2016
    Siege can feel cool and inhospitable, but when the conditions are right and you're playing with friends, the game's tense gameplay and measured pacing makes for a refreshing, cerebral contrast to the run-and-gun hyperactivity of most online shooters. [Feb 2016, p.104]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Feb 10, 2016
    Impossible to recommend as a single-player game. Siege is an absolutely splendid multiplayer shooter for well-organised (and forgiving) teams, with great tactical terrain destruction. [Feb 2016, p.86]
  3. Play UK
    Jan 16, 2016
    A slight but superior multiplayer experience. What it lacks in single-player content, Rainbow Six Siege makes up in sheer quality. Just remember to use voice chat. [Issue#265, p.76]