• Publisher: Aspyr
  • Release Date: Aug 28, 2018
  • Also On: PC
4.9

1. Aug 30, 2018
    Guys this is legit. If you like exploration games with an interesting narrative full of twists, then hit that buy now button. Its genuinely been an awesome experience. BIG BIOSHOCK vibes, especially the music. Graphics on a pro is ok, not mind blowing but certainly ps3 Level polish type HD graphics. GOOD ENOUGH I say. Now I have to tear myself away from Firewall Zero Hour to do it all again.
  2. Nov 16, 2018
    In general, the plot is quite a strong element of the whole, but as in video games, the most important is the game. And the one in VRze requires proper control. The game requires two Move controllers and allows for several options of movement - teleportation, dashe and smooth walking. The main franchise that can be seen on the trailers and what we get at the beginning of the game is theIn general, the plot is quite a strong element of the whole, but as in video games, the most important is the game. And the one in VRze requires proper control. The game requires two Move controllers and allows for several options of movement - teleportation, dashe and smooth walking. The main franchise that can be seen on the trailers and what we get at the beginning of the game is the gravity tool. Maybe something reminds you of that name? We can raise it with physical objects, which are scattered in the game world, and our task is to search for those with circuits located at the bottom, and give them to the right places of these circuits, seen after lighting them with a flashlight mounted on a gravitational manipulator. In the final analysis, however, Torn is a really good position, so if you have a chrap on some game with a decent plot in VR, you like logic gameplay and you do not get away with a rather bad ending, then I definitely recommend Torn to reach.

Good

Performance at the AAA game level
    A quite long campaign (5-6h)
    An interesting plot
    Gravity tool

Disadvantages

End
    Not many puzzles
    Occasional stuttering of the game

Full reviev https://vrpolska.eu/gry-vr/torn-recenzja/
  3. Jun 3, 2019
    Torn has fantastic voice acting and beautiful art. It's a visually pleasing game with a slightly creepy atmosphere. (Very slightly, as in you broke into someone's home, but they're nice about it.) The game has a simple play mechanic of moving puzzle pieces into the matching receptacle. You'll repeat this three times in each room, while touching each object looking to complete allTorn has fantastic voice acting and beautiful art. It's a visually pleasing game with a slightly creepy atmosphere. (Very slightly, as in you broke into someone's home, but they're nice about it.) The game has a simple play mechanic of moving puzzle pieces into the matching receptacle. You'll repeat this three times in each room, while touching each object looking to complete all achievements. Although you'll unlock many new areas as you progress, the fun from game play mechanic will eventually wear out and the voice acting in each room will win over. The ending was a big surprise. Here's where I believe that game was called Torn, because the ending was missing and they took a page from another book. A more solid ending and I could have raised my score up +2, and recommended this title.

Being critical for a moment: there are some areas which could use a bit more polish, such as how to deal with the "key" mechanic introduced towards the end. Also doors are slightly bothersome in this game and like to swing back into your face. A new play mechanic would make the second half of the game more interesting. Finally the player blink/teleportation movement distance could be greater.

In summary, I do hope that this game evolves and produces a follow up. It's interesting enough to warrant a look and it is a long game which revealed a story nicely through progression. But the reward at the end wasn't there.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Oct 27, 2018
    The real issue is there’s no sense of tension. You’re trapped in an abandoned mansion hidden in the woods, surrounded by ‘dark science’, at the beck and call of a mysterious imprisoned being, yet at no point do you feel threatened. Torn? More like slightly frayed. [Issue#155, p.78]
  2. Sep 30, 2018
    A walking simulator set in a colourful, rather than spooky, mansion with rewarding puzzles, a cheerful atmosphere, and a locomotion system from the seventh circle of Hell.
  3. Sep 24, 2018
    Torn is a captivating puzzler which really finds a home in Virtual Reality due to pretty environments, great audio and excellent voice-acting. The game stutters from time to time and audio sometimes gets cut off towards the end. And although the puzzles themselves are pretty basic in design, the overall experience is a very positive one.