3.5

1. Feb 27, 2018
    This actually just gave me cancer like ACTUALLY, IM NOT EVEN JOKING BUD. its the worst game I've ever bought and I could've bought and amazing like celeste but I'm like haha but no I'm actually gonna die
  2. Aug 10, 2018
    this is by far the worst game i have ever played.clunky controls as if you are controlling a tank,you are constantly at a disadvantage vs the AI,the BGM repeats itself like a broken record,lackluster selection of characters,broken hitdetection and of course the graphics are **** .30euro they ask for this piece of **** wish i had wasted it on an actual good game instead of that one.
  3. Oct 15, 2017
    The worst Touhou game I have ever played on the PS4, and probably the worst game I have ever played on this year (and that's saying a lot since I have played many bad games this year like Troll and I, Hidden Dragon Legend, Dying Reborn and Unearthing Mars).

The game is kinda like Genso Rondo but worse. Graphics looks like it was released in early 2000s on PC, controls are very floaty, animations can be janky, online is dead, roster is only of 8 characters (which is underwhelming when compared to Genso Rondo which had 11 characters), story is bland and lazy (instead of making each characters have their own story like in Genso Rondo, the story is the same except it is told by a different perspective by each character, and it isn't as good as it sounds), soundtrack is bland, and I personally found the art style looking as if it came from Deviantart (I mean, is not bad but it just doesn't click for me).

I think the worst thing though, is that this is Switch's first Touhou game, and I pity the Switch owners who thought this game was going to be a good arena fighter like Arms and Pokken.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this game as possible, because there is nothing redeemable about the game. If you want a good Touhou game, get Genso Wanderer or Scarlet Curiosity. If you want a Touhou game similar to this one, get Genso Ronso. Though if you want an actual good arena brawler on the PS4, get Gundam Versus.

Generally unfavorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

On paper, the battle engine should provide an interesting scrap with a varied, albeit small, roster of characters. Unfortunately, the AI feels brutal to fight and the lack of a manual means you're fumbling in the dark until you figure out what works. It's needlessly uninviting with the slim choice of modes and the lack of an online community meaning this game really underwhelms.
  2. Oct 26, 2017
    A funny and interesting game based on "Touhou" characters which as a fighting game is really curious but lacks on its rooster, with only 9 characters, and contents to maintain interest on it.
  3. Oct 25, 2017
    I’m trying my best to think of some kind of clever joke or metaphor about Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle, but I don’t even think the game deserves that kind of effort on my part. Burst Battle is an awful video game. Without a tutorial, learning to play is no fun at all, and I had an equal sum of zero fun playing it when I actually knew how to play. If you’re itching for a Touhou fighting game, run to your PC and download one of the official 2D fighting games from the main series. Never touch Burst Battle. Learn from my errors, and live a long, healthy, fulfilling life.