8.6

1. May 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i think that uncharted now have what it was actually misses in some way.. the graphics are honestly the best graphics in the market right now . finally uncharted has become more realistic and it is not seems like treasure hunt puzzle game . the challenges are better than ever played in a way massive and breathtaking environment . i think sony and naughty dogs take it to a new level .. i have seen some zeros and i dont know but everyone votes ten or zero nothing between so this is suspicious.. maybe are some xbox guys i dont know.. Expand
  2. Apr 20, 2018
    Alright, a lot users who are giving it very low ratings are PC trolls who are hating. It's quite obvious since a lot of the reviews have been copied and pasted. Alright, the game itself is very good. The storytelling and dialogue is very natural and the new characters are very good (Nadine and Sam. Rafe was unlikable, but that's the point anyways...). The start is slow for the story toAlright, a lot users who are giving it very low ratings are PC trolls who are hating. It's quite obvious since a lot of the reviews have been copied and pasted. Alright, the game itself is very good. The storytelling and dialogue is very natural and the new characters are very good (Nadine and Sam. Rafe was unlikable, but that's the point anyways...). The start is slow for the story to settle in, so it doesn't feel like Sam was shoehorned in. It picks up during Madagascar. The number of QTEs are not as much as The Order 1886 as many claim to be. It's around the same number as The Last of Us. The graphics of the game is an achievement, especially on the limited PS4 hardware, and the character models with really good facial deformation gives the acting the much-needed nuance. The gameplay is the same as previous games but more refined. A lot of fanboys would argue that it's the same gameplay and not innovative. And I ask them, which AAA titles have they played that is innovative in this day and age. I loved The Witcher 3, but it's the same mechanics as its predecessor. Only innovation we'll probably get is out of indie games. The rope is an okay addition, because I didn't use it much in combat.
    In conclusion, if you like the UC series, the ending is amazing and you'll feel for the characters. Even if you're new, you'll still like it a lot.
    Performance wise, the start has few frame drops. But other than that, it's very stable and locked 30 fps.
    Good: storytelling, action, graphics, character development.
    Bad: didn't step up from previous games, boss fight (big QTE), setpieces not as epic as predecessors.
  3. May 17, 2016
    When Amy Hennig got the boot, Druckmann and Straley scrapped eight months of work because they wanted to do their own thing - and it shows. Come on, if I wanted more realism and more melancholy, I would have played The Last Of Us, truly an outstanding masterpiece of storytelling, world-building and characterization, and I can't wait for the second installment. But Uncharted doesn't needWhen Amy Hennig got the boot, Druckmann and Straley scrapped eight months of work because they wanted to do their own thing - and it shows. Come on, if I wanted more realism and more melancholy, I would have played The Last Of Us, truly an outstanding masterpiece of storytelling, world-building and characterization, and I can't wait for the second installment. But Uncharted doesn't need any of those. The franchise never took itself seriously, it proudly reveled in its Indiana Jones pulp action vibe, it was like a comic brought to life with love and a hell of a lot of tongue in cheek. All that is pretty much gone in this one. Uncharted was a boyish larger-than-life fantasy and had a tone all of its own, and Druckmann's and Straley's version pretty much misses the mark for the most part. Yes, the acting is amazing as usual, but the tone's completely different once you look beneath the surface. Sure, the set pieces are there, the quips, the banter, the action - but now they are like they'd be in any movie these days. Same goes for the score: Greg Edmondson not only created three outstanding soundtracks and extremely catchy themes you just have to hum along, he wrote music that was unmistakably Uncharted in a nutshell. But he got the boot, too, because Druckmann and Straley wanted Henry Jackman. He certainly did a good job with the score for Uncharted 4, but this one sounds like any other action movie score. The light-hearted fun, the tongue in cheek, the old-fashioned serial vibe, the sense of wonder and adventure - completely gone.

Yes, the game is visually stunning, and yes, it controls nicely. (Apart from the surprisingly bad driving physics.) But it also feels quite repetitive for long stretches, and because they toned down all of what makes Uncharted what it used to be, the game doesn't find enough to make up for what's lost. It's still a worthwhile game, don't get me wrong, but it's a sad ending for a franchise that was so stalwart in its old-fashionedness that it managed to become original again. Especially lamentable is the fact that the original team wasn't allowed to see their vision come to an organic conclusion, but that they were replaced with another one who just wanted to be different from their predecessors - thereby creating a game that's really nothing special anymore. I don't see that a more down to earth and lifelike characterization and a melancholy overdose that reminds you of TLOU time and again is what this franchise needed. It's like Indiana Jones having an identity crisis in the Last Crusade, or Luke Skywalker trying to make a difficult marriage work in Return of the Jedi. And to add insult to injury, they made sure that there would never be another Uncharted game again, because they "told Nate's story". Nathan Drake was never more than the archetype of the reckless, witty, loveable rogue with just as much background as was necessary, and he didn't need to be. So they went ahead and neutered what made him what he was and pretended that this was a complex character's story whose arc had to come to a close. If they hadn't shut the door to potential sequels, if there was the possibility for another classic Uncharted, I wouldn't feel so bad, but as Nate's sendoff this is a massive disappointment.

Tell you what, Naughty Dog: This franchise was totally different from what Druckmann and Straley like to do. And that was okay. But if they really didn't like anything about Uncharted, maybe you shouldn't have given the project to them, but worked out things with Hennig. You know, the lady who put this thing together in the first place and was responsible for its success?
  4. May 22, 2016
    Very overrated game. It's mostly pretty graphics with a very mediocre story and gameplay. You're usually going to just be looking for which rock you're going to have to grab next before another boring cutscene. Overall it just feels like you're making an effort to play a bad version of an Indiana Jones adventure movie.
  5. May 11, 2016
    Naughty dog once again prove they are the best developer and perfect what other developers struggle to do with merging gameplay, perfect graphics and amazing story. The attention to detail in this game is jaw dropping awe inspiring at the least. The only struggle i had in this game was putting the controller down, i just wanted to keep going and not wanting it to end. What this game didNaughty dog once again prove they are the best developer and perfect what other developers struggle to do with merging gameplay, perfect graphics and amazing story. The attention to detail in this game is jaw dropping awe inspiring at the least. The only struggle i had in this game was putting the controller down, i just wanted to keep going and not wanting it to end. What this game did was bring all the best of the past uncharted and blended it into this one game and imo neil and bruce absolutely nailed it and proved themselves as one of the best in the business.
    Do pick this up as i can guarantee you will enjoy it and be awestruck at the level of detail put into this game. Please dont listen to the naysayers giving this a 0.
  6. May 10, 2016
    Hard to tell with user reviews normally they show a good example of how good the game is but with this i wonder.
    anyway my review Campaign 8.5/10 graphics are great lacks gameplay to keep me interested in certain points such as the repetitive puzzles in certain points.
    Multiplayer a bit bias as i dont like the multiplayer and i dont think its as good as uncharted 2 anyway but its decent.
    Overall 7/10 would be a 9 if i enjoyed the multiplayer and they made some things in the campaign a little less repetitive
  7. Sep 21, 2018
    História tá foda, digna do capítulo final dessa excelente franquia, a jogabilidade tá boa, mas parece que o personagem foi "levado" as vezes e umas físicas estranhas, nada que atrapalhe a jogatina e provavelmente patch de correção darão um jeito nisso, mas não gostei do estilo do gráficos, a iluminação tá ótima, mas as sombras e a textura deixaram a desejar, muita coisa parece oldgenHistória tá foda, digna do capítulo final dessa excelente franquia, a jogabilidade tá boa, mas parece que o personagem foi "levado" as vezes e umas físicas estranhas, nada que atrapalhe a jogatina e provavelmente patch de correção darão um jeito nisso, mas não gostei do estilo do gráficos, a iluminação tá ótima, mas as sombras e a textura deixaram a desejar, muita coisa parece oldgen ainda... Expand
  8. May 10, 2016
    1) Story is preposterous as **** Uncharted 4 have terrible writing and big problem with storytelling.
    2) Graphic is impressive! First hour. After that you don't call attention to it. At all.
    3) Music. Not found.
    4) Gameplay migrated from Uncharted 3. Boring. We have a button to skip cutscenes, but I need a button to skip gameplay.
  9. Feb 22, 2017
    This was the first Nathan Drake game I played and will likely be the last - while I enjoyed it, I see no replay value in it, nor do I feel too eager to check the previous installments. The other Naughty Dog game I played - The Last of Us - floored me with the intensity of its storytelling, Thief's End was only nice, pleasant, playable. The graphics are amazing and really bring theThis was the first Nathan Drake game I played and will likely be the last - while I enjoyed it, I see no replay value in it, nor do I feel too eager to check the previous installments. The other Naughty Dog game I played - The Last of Us - floored me with the intensity of its storytelling, Thief's End was only nice, pleasant, playable. The graphics are amazing and really bring the characters to life - Nathan's brother is especially memorable to me. The brothers' reunion and search for priorities storyline keeps the story moving forward and makes it interesting, while the lost pirate city is a bit too much. How did they manage to build such resplendent mansions on a desert island again? Fights are ok, exciting enough, but all the jumping around from one storm-ridden cliff to another is just too crazily unrealistic. I can handle Tomb Raider's level of unrealism, but not this. Expand
  10. Oct 26, 2017
    A brilliant story with fantastic graphics and acting.

Unfortunately, the gameplay comes last. Uncharted 2 was incredible, but I feel like there was an aspect of novelty to it. Now that we've been around the block (or world) a few times with Drake, each shooting or climbing section feels overly familiar, almost like you've already played that exact part before. Also, this game
    A brilliant story with fantastic graphics and acting.

Also, this game initially feels like you're wearing someone else's way-too-strong glasses. Everything looks incredible when you're not moving at all. Then you turn your head and the whole world becomes a blurry mess. Do yourself a favor and immediately turn the Motion Blur all the way off. I have no idea why anyone thought that was a good thing to implement.

If you've never played an Uncharted game before, I'd recommend you play 2 instead. However, coming into this without previous Uncharted experience is probably the best way to enjoy it.
  11. Oct 20, 2018
    Uncharted 4 was the only game i have played out of the series. After playing playing this game here is what i liked and disliked about it. What i liked about it was:
    1) the cut-scenes were amazing and the best i have seen in any game i have played.
    2) the graphics were amazing for the most part and you got a lot of awesome views. 3) very adventurous for the most part and the story was
    3) very adventurous for the most part and the story was pretty good.....but that is pretty much all the good i have to say about this game. What i disliked about it was:
    1) repetitive climbing and looking for crates.
    2) most of the climbing and jumps don't seem ideal for Nathan to do, but he does them.
    3) Sam is useless as he will just stand around and wait for you to come up with a plan on how to get over a structure. In the beginning of the game Sam just stood by Victor's car and LITERALLY WATCHED me get shot at. I was like what are you doing man, help a brother out! Sam is kind of dumb when engaging combat as he will just run out while the enemy is still firing.
    4) NO SPRINT! There have been many times where i am like now would be a good time to sprint, but the designers decided to leave it out for some reason.
    5) Going stealth mode in this game is lame as there was no crouch, no silent pistol and no whistling. Eventually i just gave up on stealth mode and just started firing at everybody.
    4) the vehicle controls aren't that great.
    5) This game got very boring at times just because the amount of land I had to cover and also the amount of climbing.
    6) There is some bullet sponging

With the likes and dislikes combined I still liked this game, just not as much as other people.
  12. Oct 10, 2017
    Uncharted 4 is one of the better triple A games in recent years, and is one of the very few scripted, story driven games that can hold my attention. Through clever writing, fun characters, and a story that rejoices in a sense of globetrotting adventure, this game is extremely good at being entertaining until the very end. At its best, Uncharted 4 hits memorable story beats and follows itUncharted 4 is one of the better triple A games in recent years, and is one of the very few scripted, story driven games that can hold my attention. Through clever writing, fun characters, and a story that rejoices in a sense of globetrotting adventure, this game is extremely good at being entertaining until the very end. At its best, Uncharted 4 hits memorable story beats and follows it up with over-the-top fun and unique gun battles with unique hide-and-seek style mechanics. The worst moments, however, force the game to slow down to a crawl. For me, these were all during the climbing segments. These segments have never been, and will never be fun for me. Hitting one button to jump up a cliff is hardly anything more than a quick time event, but these climbing segments often go on for over a minute. I can understand how these are meant to slow down the pacing of the game, after all if the only moments in Uncharted 4 were the intense action sequences, the magic would ware off after a while. Yet that still doesn't excuse how boring the climbing is. Nothing happens during these segments. There's no sense of danger, and no skill necessary to progress. Noticeable improvements have been made in this aspect with the grappling hook, which adds a depth to climbing that isn't there in most other games with similar mechanics. However despite the promise of a more entertaining and complicated climbing system, there are very few areas that take advantage of the most interesting aspects of the grappling hook. I always wanted to string two to three grapples together, but the game only lets you do that a few times, which I found very disappointing. The story itself is extremely intriguing, and very clever at points, but there are points where the characters stop acting like real people for the sake of the plot, especially in the final chapters of the game. The levels, despite having a few branching paths, very rarely reward exploration with anything tangible, and as a result, some of them feel very restrictive. In this aspect, chapter four is the strongest the game has to offer. Every corner of the map has some sort of significance and exploration is always rewarded. Despite, in my opinion, having a few shortcomings, Uncharted 4 is still a very enjoyable experience. Anyone who owns a PlayStation 4 should pick this up, and I'm going to give this game a very strong 6 out of 10. Expand
  13. May 9, 2018
    i really do not understand all the hype about this game. For me it manages to be mediocre at best, just by being "ok" in all categories. Having played previous uncharted games, I struggled to find something new in this game. Uninspired gameplay, with ridiculous platforming. Unless you consider small colored ledges in huge rocks, or "randomly" placed crates in otherwise completely emptyi really do not understand all the hype about this game. For me it manages to be mediocre at best, just by being "ok" in all categories. Having played previous uncharted games, I struggled to find something new in this game. Uninspired gameplay, with ridiculous platforming. Unless you consider small colored ledges in huge rocks, or "randomly" placed crates in otherwise completely empty cave, ok for 2016 standards. Shooting is completely the same, other games do it much more better. Boring for most of the time, frustrating at some other parts. Puzzles were also ridiculous, trivial without leaving any sense of achievement for the player. And finally the story; another cheese-cliche infected storyline with soooo many plot holes. Its ok to write something like this in 2007, but lack of evolution means that in 2016 the result will be childish. The only categories in which the game stands out are the technical; graphics and sound are very good, especially graphics when you take into account the platform.

Overall, as I'm writing this review I stare at the game awards and rankings, and this feels like the most over estimated and over hyped game of the last decade. I wouldn't buy this game at full price. Wait to grab either at a heavy discount or rent it
  14. Nov 6, 2017
    Its a fun game and has outstanding visuals voice acting and facial animations which are jawdropping, but the gameplay gets repetitive qucikly, theres one section which was drawn out too much and the end boss battle was just a led down.Theres way too much climbing in this game which i hate the most in this game.I do like the addition of the grappling hook and the driving portion of the gameIts a fun game and has outstanding visuals voice acting and facial animations which are jawdropping, but the gameplay gets repetitive qucikly, theres one section which was drawn out too much and the end boss battle was just a led down.Theres way too much climbing in this game which i hate the most in this game.I do like the addition of the grappling hook and the driving portion of the game were also pretty fun(though the driving controls aren't that great).Overall though i had fun with this game but it is definitely not my favourite in the series and not a system seller in my mind, but if you have a ps4 i think should get this game.The multiplayer is very underrated for this game.I still play it and its really fun to play, for that i can easily recommend this game. Expand
  15. Aug 17, 2018
    I wanted to love this game, but i just couldn't. I found it to be TOO cinematic (too many cut scenes), the combat to be stifling, and the general play of the game to be a bit lazy. It does have stunning graphics, fantastic and detailed dialogue, and excellent characters (and development). I loved the problem solving and unearthing the legend, but i felt there wasn't enough of it, and tooI wanted to love this game, but i just couldn't. I found it to be TOO cinematic (too many cut scenes), the combat to be stifling, and the general play of the game to be a bit lazy. It does have stunning graphics, fantastic and detailed dialogue, and excellent characters (and development). I loved the problem solving and unearthing the legend, but i felt there wasn't enough of it, and too much simple climbing around to reach another cinematic, which left me feeling unsatisfied in the end. Expand
  16. Feb 19, 2020
    Juego muy bueno gráficamente, pero que se hace bastante tedioso en bastantes fases, muchas cinemáticas y poca acción.
  17. Apr 15, 2020
    As film 10/10
    This is not a game, for me. Not enough playing elements. But history in game is the best. And beautiful graphics.
  18. Apr 24, 2020
    I bought this game with huge expectations but to tell the truth it disappointed me. All you do is having gunfight with enemies over and over again. There were only a few puzzles. I have to admit graphics and atmosphere are stunning. The story is okay too. But my opinion is a video game has to offer more than gunfights with good graphics. Naughty Dog did an above average job on this one.I bought this game with huge expectations but to tell the truth it disappointed me. All you do is having gunfight with enemies over and over again. There were only a few puzzles. I have to admit graphics and atmosphere are stunning. The story is okay too. But my opinion is a video game has to offer more than gunfights with good graphics. Naughty Dog did an above average job on this one. Not one of my favorite ps4 games. Expand
  19. Apr 28, 2020
    The game looks grrrreat. There is no doubt about that. However... I wish they also put as much energy in the gameplay. I have played The Uncharted Collection, and quite a lot of what's in Uncharted 4 feels like repeats of things you have seen/done before. And they really should have cut out at least 25% procent of the gun fights. Especially towards the end it is just gun fight after gunThe game looks grrrreat. There is no doubt about that. However... I wish they also put as much energy in the gameplay. I have played The Uncharted Collection, and quite a lot of what's in Uncharted 4 feels like repeats of things you have seen/done before. And they really should have cut out at least 25% procent of the gun fights. Especially towards the end it is just gun fight after gun fight after gun fight. I had the same issue with the previous 3 games, btw, so they are at least consistent with that...
    They really should end the series with this installment, or change up the game play in a major way, because there is only so much you can do with what they have now.
  20. Jun 25, 2020
    I thought Uncharted 2 and 3 were masterpieces when they came out, so I thought Uncharted 4 would be more of the same, but I tried playing this game 3 different times and every time I tried playing through the first third of the game, I felt bored out of my mind and felt the game was a chore to play that it made me not even want to continue to play the rest of the game. Great visuals andI thought Uncharted 2 and 3 were masterpieces when they came out, so I thought Uncharted 4 would be more of the same, but I tried playing this game 3 different times and every time I tried playing through the first third of the game, I felt bored out of my mind and felt the game was a chore to play that it made me not even want to continue to play the rest of the game. Great visuals and animation, but the gameplay just wasn't fun. Lots of forced walking, climbing, slow cutscenes, and dialogue. It seems like there are other reviewers who finished the game that mentioned there is too much of the same also, so it doesn't seem like I would have enjoyed the rest of the game either. Expand
  21. Jun 10, 2016
    Graphics, Multiplayer and Ending are great, but gameplay is mostly boring and repetitive as hell (Rock Climber Simulator). The Story is nothing special.
  22. Oct 24, 2018
    The game sure does look pretty, but the actual game is a bit boring compared to the previous installments. Uncharted 4 gives Nathan some new abilities, like rock sliding, and throwing ropes around conveniently placed beams. These additions are a bit of a waste, since they don't play all that interesting, so it feels more like something new for newness sake.
    Part 4 also has fewer
    Part 4 also has fewer interesting puzzles, and is more filled with climbing, which was always the least interesting part to me.
    From the first game the Uncharted series has revolved around telling a story. A story consisting of fun banter between Nate and Sully, flirty talk between Nathan and Elena (or any other woman around), and the coolness of finding something new. Uncharted 4 is about guilt for douche-bag brother and marital problems. This is not something I find enjoyable, and I can't think of anyone who would think this is a good idea.
    The big bad in each game has always been really evil bastards (warlords, generals, etc.). You know, really evil guys. In part 4 it's a guy who's a bit sad that the Drake brothers didn't want to join his team. So that part of the story was also a letdown.
    The final letdown was the ending; as this is the final installment of the series I hoped for a really cool ending, but it was just meh.
    The game is still well made, but compared to the previous ones I liked this one the least.
  23. Jun 13, 2016
    The second time playing through, I was very disappointed and bored. There is not enough side quests and replay value to count as a great game. The beauty comes in the landscapes and art design.
  24. Jun 5, 2016
    Easily the worst Uncharted game. Even below #1 despite the advancements since then. When judged as a "movie-game" all 3 previous installments had a brisker pace and better encapsulated the identity of the series. Uncharted 2 is the best TPS/action/story game this side of Resident Evil 4, and yet Uncharted in it's fourth iteration feels like a chore. It feels like it was made by aEasily the worst Uncharted game. Even below #1 despite the advancements since then. When judged as a "movie-game" all 3 previous installments had a brisker pace and better encapsulated the identity of the series. Uncharted 2 is the best TPS/action/story game this side of Resident Evil 4, and yet Uncharted in it's fourth iteration feels like a chore. It feels like it was made by a different team entirely. This is the sort of game I would have expected had Sony demanded another UC game that ND didn't want to do and they handed the reigns to a different studio. One unanimous praise I'm hearing seems to be the graphics but I'm not even convinced the graphics have improved a ton since Uncharted 2. Things are sharper and more detailed in the town settings, and some of the skyline/mountainous backdrops are superior to the previous games, but those scenes are not the entire game. There's a lot in between that is quite bland. Almost as if they spent too much time on certain sections and not enough on others. I would have much rather they went for 60fps and dropped the visual fidelity. But alas, ND has clearly chosen graphics over gameplay here, because if ND played this game along side any of the previous 3 they must have realized it was less fun moment-to-moment and kept tweaking until it was. I've played the game twice now and it was better the second time around because I had a better understanding of the stealth and shooting mechanics throughout the entire experience, but the bland story, intermittent shooting and 30fps graphics all take their toll. I feel really bad that this team put so much effort into a game which ends up not as fun as it ought to be. Expand
  25. May 19, 2016
    Uncharted 4 was a big disappointment to me. It was unoriginal and extremely repetitive with very unimaginative gameplay. You just did the same thing over and OVER again no matter what map or country you were in. The story was obvious and paper thin and had long and useless dialogue moments that serve no real purpose for the plot. The pacing wasn't the best either...
    I played the whole
    I played the whole game and I give it a 7/10
  26. Jun 24, 2016
    I really, really wanted to like this game. I promise you. I was all set to go... Then, suddenly and without warning, I got really, really bored. I was having a great time, loved the game, then got very bored very quickly. I was playing on hard to keep it interesting but.
    . Nothing stuck.
    . Nothing stuck.

This is a movie in the form of a game. Mechanics are entirely dull and repetitive... The complete synopsis of the game is "you climb and talk to your brother."

Mechanics are everything in a game and unless you want to watch a movie through a game by pressing X, I would caution you against this. I lost $30 or more trading it back in but I did it because I literally couldn't bear to spend another second of my life on this game.
  27. May 22, 2016
    + Outstanding graphics - best on PS4. But internal Sony's studio couldn't do something bad
    + Wow-moments with jumping, climbing, sometimes shooting
    + Nostalgic feelings after finishing last chapters - good job, Naughty Dog - Mediocre plot - you can predict all the twists easily - Gameplay becomes boring very soon. I mean, boxes again? Freaking jeeps, jumping from one rock to another
    + Wow-moments with jumping, climbing, sometimes shooting
    + Nostalgic feelings after finishing last chapters - good job, Naughty Dog

- Mediocre plot - you can predict all the twists easily
    - Gameplay becomes boring very soon. I mean, boxes again? Freaking jeeps, jumping from one rock to another - it becomes REALLY boring
    - Gunplay and other weapons aren't good
    - After finishing the game I don't want to play it again (in comparison with The Witcher 3, for instance). It really means something
  28. May 25, 2016
    honestly its visuals are stunning and thats the reason I will finish it, however the gameplay to me is boring, coming from dark souls 3 and into doom right now, those are games meant to be played, but uncharted 4 is more like a movie with some shooting gameplay in between, presentation is top notch but somehow i just don't feel it in this one... sorry
  29. May 29, 2016
    Is it a masterpiece? Of course, you get to press X a lot after all.

All the hype worked. Picked it up as soon as possible for lots of cash. No one to blame except myself, but.. OK, this started promising. Nice storytelling with strong voice acting interwoven with interesting gameplay. The graphics a re good but that was never one of my main concerns since I'm more interested in
    Is it a masterpiece? Of course, you get to press X a lot after all.

OK, this started promising. Nice storytelling with strong voice acting interwoven with interesting gameplay. The graphics a re good but that was never one of my main concerns since I'm more interested in immersive gameplay.
    Now it's really hard to say when this whole thing went to hell. At some point the stealth/action segments became boring and repetitive especially since the enemy AI is unbelievably dumb. The whole jumping/grappling mechanic was pretty much useless from the start and becomes very stale soon and rather annoying towards the end. figuring out your way towards the next objective or the puzzles, which are easy for the most part are a total waste of time. why would companies fill their AAA games with stuff that's simply not fun to do?
    As the game progressed the story and dialogue deteriorated as well giving us the shallow, insipid equivalent of a run-of-the-mill action blockbuster. By chapter 17 (there's 22)I just wanted to finish this damn game and be done with it. There are some fun elements to this one, but they're few and far between.
    I could think of dozens of games that came out since 2011 that are far superior to this one so I'm baffled at the praise. One must have really low standards to love this.
  30. ahw
    May 31, 2016
    Kind of shocked by how mediocre this game was, given all the glowing reviews. Full disclosure: this is the first Uncharted game I've ever played. I played Last of Us and loved it. I felt both the gameplay and story of Uncharted 4 is substantially inferior in comparison.
    The story is on par with one of the mediocre Indiana Jones films, which this franchise is heavily influenced by. The main theme of the story freely steals from one of the Indiana Jones films, so if you watched those, about half way through the game it's easy to predict where the story is going.
    I found the gameplay to be simply not fun. I am not a completionist, so while I can understand the treasure finding to be interesting for others, it did nothing for me. The rest of the game can be broadly divided into climbing/parkour sequences and gun play. The climbing is sort of neat from a visual standpoint, since you do get to watch Nathan do some cool stunts in stunningly rendered settings, but the actual gameplay of it is extremely bland. The problem is that it's pretty hard to actually die during the climbing sequences, and even during the challenging parts, the game doesn't really punish you for trial and error, so you can pretty much get past every sequence by jamming on the "X" button while pointing the joystick in the direction where you want to jump/climb.
    The gunplay is just bad. It's similar to the gunplay in Grand Theft Auto, which is to say there isn't much depth to it. Frustratingly, the "O" button maps to two different but critical actions (taking cover and rolling) and a lot of deaths are annoyingly caused by Nathan taking cover when you actually want him to roll/evade, or vice versa. I didn't find the game to be challenging, just annoying because most of the deaths are caused by crappy controls or arbitrary gameplay rules, like being forced to shoot helmets off heavily armored enemies, because even a grenade going off at their feet won't kill them. But a bullet to the head will knock off their helmet every time, leaving them exposed. Someone let the U.S. military know that they just need to solve this helmet defect and they'll have unstoppable super soldiers running around the battlefield. Eventually, the game just cheeses you by lazily ramping up the difficulty by swarming you with more enemies. BTW, Nathan Drake, Treasure Hunter? Also: Mass Murderer.
    The final boss battle is literally a muscle memory test involving you pressing Triangle or Circle depending on the visual queues provided. Which feels wholly out of place because it's literally the only time in the game involving that kind of battle/gameplay.
    The voice acting is pretty good by video game standards. The dialogue ranges from passable to bad. There isn't many memorable bits, if any. The game is impressive in that the dialogue does respond to weird stuff you do in the game, similar to what was done in Bastion, so that does cause some amusing dialogue.

Contrary to every overly defensive review on Metacritic, I'm not an Xbox fanboy. I think Bloodborne is the best game this console generation, so there's that. I just don't think this game is very good. I won't knock you if you like this game, I'm just throwing this review out there to serve as a warning that the praise for this game isn't universal.
  31. Apr 25, 2018
    This is a 2016 shooter title. How hard is it to implement a decent cover system in one? I wonder a lot about how QA works at Naughty Dog.
  32. Jul 20, 2018
    This game fails to catch what Uncharted is. The original trilogy was full of thrilling, funny and heart breaking moments. This is boring as hell. The graphics and voice acting is superb, but the story is weak. the gameplay has zero updates and it's bad and the whole game is depressing for no reason. Doesn't feel like an U game at all.

Overhyped and overrated.
  33. Jul 29, 2018
    Gameplay - 6 (an old game mechanics, the gameplay near the end becomes boring).
    Screenplay - 8 (a good story especially a line with a brother and an excellent ending).
    Graphics - 7 (The old engine in places is very visible, but for the pleasure of the game it does not affect much).

Overall - 7

A fitting end to the series of games about Nathan Drake.
  34. Jul 21, 2020
    Entertaining but flawed game. Not near to the excellence of the 2nd or 3rd games.
  35. May 23, 2016
    As a fan of the series and the studio (Last of Us, what a game!), I want to start off with saying that Uncharted 4 is a decent game, but sadly not more than that. It has got beautiful graphics, a compelling story and nice voice acting. Unfortunately the gameplay is way to repetitive, bordering to boring at times. Get ready to climb, meet some badguys at a checkpoint, kill the badguysAs a fan of the series and the studio (Last of Us, what a game!), I want to start off with saying that Uncharted 4 is a decent game, but sadly not more than that. It has got beautiful graphics, a compelling story and nice voice acting. Unfortunately the gameplay is way to repetitive, bordering to boring at times. Get ready to climb, meet some badguys at a checkpoint, kill the badguys (with an average at best shooting mechanic and a pretty dull arsenal of weapons), look for a place you can climb for 5 minutes, then climb some more. Repeat until game has finished. One of the biggest drawbacks is the lack of innovation. The game is way to similar to its predecessors, and doesn't bring anything new to the table (except for better graphics and a new story).

I must admit I had high expectations, and was disappointed. Barely a 7/10.
  36. May 19, 2016
    There are a lot of people giving a zero score to this game - they should think again. But the thousands of people giving this game a perfect score should also. I just finished this game, and can't say it lives up to the hype.

First - as other reviewers have pointed out - the absence of Amy Hennig, the director of the previous Uncharted games, is thoroughly felt. In the first seven levels of Uncharted 4 the new directors try to give Nathan Drake a personal backgroundstory: his marriage problems, his issues with his brother and his boring 9 to 5 job. But is this really that interesting? Does this really belong in an Uncharted game? I remember Nathan Drake as the carefree adventurer, who doesn't have to worry about his wife or feel guilty about a long lost family member. The new directors make Drake far too serious. This is Uncharted we're talking about, not The Last of Us.

Fortunately, in the eight level the game really kicks in and the old Uncharted vibe starts. For Uncharted veterans, it's probably familiair territory, even so that I couldn't sometimes help but feel "been there, done that". The addition of two new elements - the grapple hook and stealth-mode - isn't probably enough to make veterans of the series feel involved. Besides, there are two games that make use of these elements in a far superior way: the Tomb Raider reboot and Metal Gear Solid respectively.

Furthermore, there is a lot of climbing in this game. A lot more then in the previous games, and maybe even too much. Besides, the climbing isn't that much of a challenge. Falling down almost becomes a challenge in itself.

Last but not least, the characters aren't that interesting. Why bother watching great looking cutscenes when the characters in it aren't engaging? Sam is a pretty shallow guy, and Elena is just the average perfect wife. I always preferred Chloe, she had much more humor, was sensual and had much more personality. Only Sully is still interesting, as is Nathan himself - although he should have more of his trademark ironic oneliners.

All in all: the game looks gorguous and the controls are great. Especially newcomers to the series should buy this game. But in the end, I'm personally kind of relieved this is the last Uncharted game. Unless Amy Hennig comes back, but that's a long shot.
  37. May 17, 2016
    Uncharted 4 the thief's end, it was a good game but lacking a better story because this story and weak and bland nothing surprising, I do not consider the best game of this new generation would you have been better, as always sony much focus on graphic and forget the history
  38. Jul 8, 2016
    ATTENTION: REALITY SPEAKING HERE!!!!

ATTENTION: REALITY SPEAKING HERE!!!!

As I scroll through and read these scores people gave this game I am amazed. THIS GAME IS NOT A 10.... THIS GAME IS NOT A 0...... NO WAY!!! I wish people would come on here an give honest reviews. I have to say though the people scoring 5's, 6, 7's seem to be very close to my score. I gave Uncharted 4 a 6. Sure the graphics are amazing, the detail in the game is fantastic BUT the game play is horrible. It is INCREDIBLY boring!! As much as I was hoping this game would be the PS4's first true next gen game I can only say graphically it is. The kinematics are way too long, there is just too much climbing and puzzles in this game. Just when it starts to get good with action, BAM!!! You get an hour of climbing.

Lets be serious here. All these 10s are **** If people honestly allow devs to believe that this game is a 10 every other dev will follow suit and I dont want that! Rise of the Tomb Raider is also boring but its got a whole lot more action and things to keep you interested. I keep reading all these 10 rated reviews of people saying the game play is top notch and I am doing my very best to try and understand.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????? if climbing and constantly looking for the correct path to go is "top notch" to you then what is a bad game to you??? This game is closest to Uncharted 1 and that game sucked straight butt. I've played them all and Uncharted 2 & 3 are the best ones in the series.
    I just want another The Last of Us. IMO that's where Naughty Dogs bread and butter is. Uncharted was never that amazing. Sony fans blew this series up like the 2nd coming of Christ when its not. I wouldn't hesitate once to take a new God of War game over any Uncharted game any day. Now that's a series Sony has that MS nor Nintendo can or will ever touch.
  39. Jun 3, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i'm very boring w
    ith that game !!!!very good graphics and very cinematic but very boring game always climbing and fall thats all....I expect another game
  40. May 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ONE TRICK PONY

As we've come to expect graphics are incredible. Story is probably the best in the series but the mechanics of this game are now seriously dated. With this new gen ND had a chance to upgrade the traversal and combat and have decided to do nothing but improve animations.

Here's the problem with all of the U games...climbing has NO RISK. No risk equals no reward. No reward EQUALS BOREDOM. This is a cardinal sin of gaming design. You cannot have a mechanic that the player can easily overcome with virtually zero effort.

Every route is telegraphed and often completely linear. Timing is not required, absolutely no skill is required. What should be an incredibly tense "climb" becomes a sightseeing expedition. It's a huge oversight. Climbing was actually perfected in Shadow of the colossus where managing your grip and timing was utterly essential.

In the world of interactive games anything that has no risk should be removed from the game. As a consequence there a many long and tedious sequences of traversal. The new sliding mechanic does NOTHING to alleviate this problem and the game sputters to a seriously anti-climactic finale.

They would have you believe that the world has multiple routes....it doesn't, they're just loops.

Combat engine: well it's seriously wonky and on rails. Rocksteady perfected the multiple enemy combat scenario and no one has come close. For all their technical ability (anyone remember the highly dodgy pub fight in U3?) ND still cannot get this right.

Story: It's probably the best, or most rounded. The problem is I don't want to watch a movie, I want to be a part of one. There simply aren't enough WOWSPLOSIONS considering this is meant to be the series finale.

The game peaks at the mud jeep sequence which is SPECTACULAR. But after that..there's real pacing issues and it's an absolute slog to get to the end. Those final chapters just consist of collapsing buildings/ships...so what...we've seen them all before.

Multiplayer: It is saying something that the MP portion of the game is better than the SP.

And even worse throughout my playthrough (BTW UNCHARTED 2 is still the king) I was wishing we had Last of Us 2 instead of this....

And BTW I don't own a Xbone1. I'm a Sony fan who's just honest....
  41. May 19, 2016
    The story is wonderful. The visual is gorgeous. Voice, dialog, even face expression of the, all state of the art. But there is way way way too much climbing. Finding which rock to jump on is NOT fun, especially when you have unlimited time to think. I often found myself doing nothing but climbing for 5 minutes. Shooting is mediocre, can't really tell the difference between different guns.The story is wonderful. The visual is gorgeous. Voice, dialog, even face expression of the, all state of the art. But there is way way way too much climbing. Finding which rock to jump on is NOT fun, especially when you have unlimited time to think. I often found myself doing nothing but climbing for 5 minutes. Shooting is mediocre, can't really tell the difference between different guns. By the way, driving that jeep is surprisingly fun.
    I would say this is the best interactive movie. But I won't say it's is the best game. After all, watching a football is not football itself.
  42. May 23, 2016
    Could have been much better, the graphics is blurred down by annoying chromatic aberration photo filter ,focus like blur and compressed visual dynamic range that makes half of the game an annoying last gen looking crap, the other half shows graphically what could have been if they wouldn't overfilter the other areas.
    The game itself is the same old uncharted predecessor which is ok, but
    The game itself is the same old uncharted predecessor which is ok, but not outstanding.
  43. May 24, 2016
    Uncharted has in this sequel been stripped from its colorful adventurus tone and graphics. Nathan is suddenly reclined to brake any rules or stray from home, and gives the game a negative and boring feeling. Uuuh, another adventure... Towards the end the graphics gets better, and is in the dense green foliage truly quite amazing, but level design is not great. The semi open levels become aUncharted has in this sequel been stripped from its colorful adventurus tone and graphics. Nathan is suddenly reclined to brake any rules or stray from home, and gives the game a negative and boring feeling. Uuuh, another adventure... Towards the end the graphics gets better, and is in the dense green foliage truly quite amazing, but level design is not great. The semi open levels become a tedious shore to investigate. The epilogue introduces an intresting character. I would still hold Uncharted 2 as my favorite, an this 4th installment as my least favorite one. For the first time in the series I also experienced motion sickness! Great job on adding that to the mix ;) 7 or 8 would be my score, but I settle for 7 because I know the dogs can do better. Expand
  44. Jun 17, 2016
    Uncharted 4 is an average (not bad but not great) game with stupid puzzles and dated gun fight arena. After the excellent Last of Us I was expected a lot more from Naughty Dogs. Uncharted 2 will stay the best Uncharted ever and the third one the worst.
  45. Sep 14, 2016
    Everyone is saying that people who rates this game lower than 8 is trolling, I'm gonna prove this is wrong.
    In first step, we have the same mechanics as the first uncharted game that was released in 2007, in 9 years Naughty Dog has done NOTHING, just new maps and a lot of CINEMATOGRAPHIC SCENES. This is a platform game, and the story is really poor, because of this they had to add the what I call "shooting-mini game" every 20 minutes. Not going to say anything about the graphics as they are powered by a poor hardware. Overall the game is pretty good and you will have a good time while playing it, but it has been the same for 9 years, a game who only wants to attract people who thinks this had good graphics on their brand new console.
  46. Jun 2, 2016
    It is very obvious that the creation and subsequent success of The Last Of Us has had an enormous impact on Uncharted's development. The development and depth of the characters involved is more immersive and compelling then the entirety of the last 3 games put together. At its heart is a very polished and accomplished control system that succesfully implements some new gameplay elementsIt is very obvious that the creation and subsequent success of The Last Of Us has had an enormous impact on Uncharted's development. The development and depth of the characters involved is more immersive and compelling then the entirety of the last 3 games put together. At its heart is a very polished and accomplished control system that succesfully implements some new gameplay elements (while relying quite heavily on some old concepts, gotta love those crates!) and gives you as a player a meaty selection of options on how to progress through each set piece.

The writing is fantastic, filled with well timed comedy beats and palatable sombre moments that make up for their lack of originality with an enormous amount of talent and polish. Voice acting and interaction is absolutely stellar and further paves the way for gaming to be considered a serious and influential art style on the global stage - gaming Oscars anyone?

So the single player...fantastic with maybe a few gripes.

The multiplayer? Utter. Tripe. Those controls that sit perfectly within the single player pacing feel airy and disconnected in the frenetic action of competative multiplayer. Sticking to walls and map objects every 30 seconds is incredibly frustrating. Weapon/damage imbalance is also homicidally anger inducing - many times have I spent an assault rifles entire ammunition into someone only to have them down me with a quick burst from a side arm. I also found the loadout and customisation options quite forced and poorly implemented from a UI point of view.

In its current state the multiplayer suffers from a wealth of problems that most games do at launch. Possibly the most frustration for me came from issues regarding lag and timing. These are all things that will hopefully be ironed out as the game settles and the bugs are identified.

Overall, a definite must own for fans of 3rd person adventure games with a seriously satisfying single player and a multiplayer that currently frustrates but could have potential in future.
  47. Jun 29, 2016
    Graphics and story line is good, pretty much what I expected. However, online game is very disappointing. The online game is very primitive and you get bore too fast. If they can improve online gaming this game could be really good. I bought this game instead of renting it, because I thought the online game was going to be pretty good and I could spend more time on it and not justGraphics and story line is good, pretty much what I expected. However, online game is very disappointing. The online game is very primitive and you get bore too fast. If they can improve online gaming this game could be really good. I bought this game instead of renting it, because I thought the online game was going to be pretty good and I could spend more time on it and not just finishing the story. I would recommend this game as rental, but do not buy game. Expand
  48. Jul 18, 2016
    I am usually a big fan of the Uncharted franchise, but I can't help but being quite disappointed with this one. Everything is very much predictable and the gameplay was a bit tedious to me and the quests almost felt more like a chore or burden rather than enjoyment. Also what's with the rope/spiderman thing? Good idea but pretty bad done - you know what I mean, guys. The game is filledI am usually a big fan of the Uncharted franchise, but I can't help but being quite disappointed with this one. Everything is very much predictable and the gameplay was a bit tedious to me and the quests almost felt more like a chore or burden rather than enjoyment. Also what's with the rope/spiderman thing? Good idea but pretty bad done - you know what I mean, guys. The game is filled with boring clichés and it is as if every time you're climbing then a brick or a piece of rock break and you know you are not gonna fall down anyway. Great great graphics - glad I'm done with this game and the fact I borrowed it from a friend. Expand
  49. Apr 22, 2018
    IDk. Its too repetitive and story is boring tho graphics is good but if i had to choose but this game or save money i would go and save money tbh.
  50. May 15, 2016
    Uncharted 4 is a good and solid game. But in light of the previous installments in the series as well as Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, it unfortunately does not reach the bar of excellence that was rightly expected of it. I would (regrettably, but objectively) score this game a 7.5/10. Here is my breakdown of some key aspects:

THE GOOD: Amazing graphics: Arguably the best looking game

THE GOOD: Amazing graphics: Arguably the best looking game on the PS4 at the moment. The game's graphics are just outstanding. Good story: A good story that ties together all the narrative elements from the previous Uncharted series. Lots of old Uncharted stuff: The game has a satisfying amount of the main things that you would expect from an Uncharted game, e.g climbing, shooting, action in amazing set pieces, etc. Good multiplayer: Fun and well-done multiplayer: The multiplayer blends elements from the old Uncharted multiplayer with new ones clearly inspired by Naughty Dog's previous entry, The Last of Us. I really enjoy the multiplayer part of the game and see myself playing it for a long time.

THE BAD: Incomplete multiplayer: Although commendable and enjoyable, the multiplayer component of the game is clearly unfinished. It lacks split screen co-op (which may be added later on, according to Naughty Dog); it lacks many of the great multiplayer modes from the previous series (e.g. three team death match, elimination or free for all); and, it lacks previous online co-op modes, such as Adventure and Survival modes from the previous entries. While it may be true that some of these will be added later on, it is disappointing that we have to wait a while before these will be added. As of now, there are only three multiplayer modes (team death match, command and plunder, if we don't count ranked team death match).

THE UGLY: The biggest flaw in the (campaign portion of the) game is its PACING! I don't know what exactly Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann were thinking in directing Uncharted 4, but the pacing of the game is simply unforgivable. None of the previous entries in the series had the sort of pacing problem Uncharted 4 does. Over and over again, I found myself getting bored, tired and frustrated with tedium - something that never happened to me in playing the previous entries, all of which I love. There are multiple occasions in the game where brilliant moments - some of which make the game truly shine - are awkwardly interrupted with long stretches of pedestrian walking, climbing and looking for things. The pacing problem really hampers what could otherwise have been a great story in a great game. What a disappointment.

If you enjoyed the previous installments of Uncharted, then you will probably like this game. But be warned that the main campaign has a serious pacing issue, so exercise patience (you will need a fair amount of it!).
  51. May 29, 2016
    Fantastic looking game, but that is about it. The game is amazing the first 4 hours until the constant combat and climbing gets boring. You do the do the same thing all the time, the climbing is not challenging at all and the combat is fun for a little while. The story is meh, the characters are meh. The only change in combat is the last fight and it's not even cool or a fun fight. TheFantastic looking game, but that is about it. The game is amazing the first 4 hours until the constant combat and climbing gets boring. You do the do the same thing all the time, the climbing is not challenging at all and the combat is fun for a little while. The story is meh, the characters are meh. The only change in combat is the last fight and it's not even cool or a fun fight. The story is alright.

I don't understand the hype.

Positives: Gorgeous game, climbing is fun for a bit until it gets stale, combat is also fun for a bit.
    Negatives: Repetitive, the characters are boring and the story is not what it could be.
  52. May 16, 2016
    Amazing game for the little you get. Fast paced action, great story. beautiful graphics, half the time i cant tell when a cut scene ends. BUT... its only about 15 hours. Not nearly long enough for a 80 dollar game.
  53. May 23, 2016
    Graficamente é o melhor que já vimos nessa geração, tudo muito trabalhado e extremamente cuidadoso nos detalhes, a parte sonoro é muito pouco notada e na maioria dos momentos tem apenas o som de ambiente e mais nada, a jogabilidade é idêntica as versões anteriores e nada foi acrescentado exceto a mentirosa corda by Spiderman "ridícula", a história pouco tem a acrescentar e tudo torna-seGraficamente é o melhor que já vimos nessa geração, tudo muito trabalhado e extremamente cuidadoso nos detalhes, a parte sonoro é muito pouco notada e na maioria dos momentos tem apenas o som de ambiente e mais nada, a jogabilidade é idêntica as versões anteriores e nada foi acrescentado exceto a mentirosa corda by Spiderman "ridícula", a história pouco tem a acrescentar e tudo torna-se previsível e chato no qual os próprios aliados que nos acompanha no jogo nos diz onde seguir bastando-nos apenas colocar o direcional para frente e apertar o botão de pulo ou escalada, até a metade do jogo tudo segue relativamente bem, porém da metade para frente o nível técnico e realista começa a cair e não se mantém mais e assim segue até o final num estilo chupinhado de Tomb Raider, realmente um jogo sem nenhum valor de replay, pois não é prazerosa sua jogatina e o torna apenas um game de visitação nas fases abertas afim de visualizar seus gráficos e isso sela a história de Uncharted nessa nova geração falida dos consoles! Expand
  54. May 24, 2016
    Uncharted 4 really is a beautiful game with a good adventure story. The Graphics are maybe the best so far that I have seen on PlayStation 4 system. The characters are really well made and also their voice acting and animation on cut scenes are pleasant for the eyes and ears (got slightly exited that Troy Baker was playing Sam).

But the again this is Uncharted game. This game has so

But the again this is Uncharted game. This game has so many things right, but for me the gun play doesn't work. It's a one trick pony without that one trick. Only thing you can do is sit behind cover and try to pop few rounds in enemies and then try to flank them if they haven't done it before you.
    The AI is good in that matter. They try to flank you all the time, throw infinite grenades at you if you sit still too long and the heavies just don't care if you try to shoot them. So they use their tools the best they can, though when you are in tricky situation you don't that many things that you can do.
    The only good thing before the combat is stealth. It's way better from the original games and optional. So you can just go pick enemies one By one.

The climbing is also there, but it's like walking vertically, really wasn't that special but it wasn't that bad. The driving sections were quite fun, especially the "puzzle" ones.

So game play is solid, but I really didn't enjoy the gun fights (at the end of the game I hoped I just could skip them.)

When I first got on the Uncharted games trough the collection I was starting to think what is so special about them because people speak so highly of it. I just saw good story with average game play that I didn't enjoy. I hoped they would have come up with new things with this latest game and the reviews were giving it green but again I got disappointed. So this game series wasn't for me in the end.
  55. May 29, 2016
    Disappointing and predictable as usual just when you jump, climb and have more near fatal falls than a drunk hiker, you go on solves the puzzles and bang a wall falls and the enemy just happen to rock up all the time. They absorb bullets like COD and just become repetitive and dull, The fight scenes are sluggish and too long. Better than Drakes fortune not as good as uncharted 2.
  56. May 30, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here are some thoughts from a screenwriter's perspective.

+ amazing, at times unbelievable, visuals and sets. Well done, Naughty Dog!

- Way too much climbing. It's become a climbing simulator, guys! Reaching even the highest peaks with the greatest vistas ends up feeling mundane, as if running an errand. Climbing should have been placed more carefully. You can hardly just WALK in this game, without some obstacle in your way every five steps.

- An unnecessarily happy ending. They set this up to be a more mature, darker Uncharted, and as such Sam was a tragic character, who resists growth. Therefore, I was totally prepared to see him die because of his obsession. Nope. Full-on happy ending that actually weakens our hero Nathan.

- Same goes with Elena. I could not feel her strong bond with Nathan. Her forgiveness of Nathan's enourmous deceit may seem human, but I wanted more ambiguity, like, "let's see, if you and I cn still be together after this...". Instead, she just goes along with her husband. I wished that Elena had was pregnant, but didn't get a chance to tell Nathan about it, because he rushed off with Sam. That way, we (and Nathan too) would have really cared for Elena's well-being - it would have created a stronger core conflict.

- There are ZERO consequences for our hero(s). None. Sure, lots of bad things happen, but nothing is ever really at stake. Nothing ever gets lost. We can see how super-human our hero(s) are, so why should we ever care?

- Weird similarities to The Last Of Us (a game I loved and am deeply impressed by). From those white circles that appear on top of objects, to the guitar-heavy, monotone soundtrack, to that tacked-on Epilogue with their daughter, this Uncharted felt more like a TLOU hybrid, but without the great writing, character depth and REAL stealth (I was fully expecting a zombie to jump through the window and eat her).

- Too much shooting in the last third. It turns into a massacre and our hero(s) humanity and relateability suffers from it.

- That final QTE boss fight! Easily the worst boss in any Uncharted game. I didn't even get to know Rafe. I didn't hate him enough, to want him to die. Uncharted seriously has a villain and showdown problem.

- Basically, Goonies (one of my childhood faves) for grown-ups with less charme and less fun booby traps. The finale is almost identical, but I expected more of this AAA game and these writers.

- All fantasy is gone! It's almost as if the last Uncharteds with their monsters and demons happened in a parallel universe. In an Uncharted game, you have to have some supernatural element. I was fully looking forward to some Voodoo magic that would bring als those beautiful skeletons back to life to defend their treasure, but... nada. A huge missed opportunity and a brand-breaking shift in tone, that makes Nathan's world seem boringly real - and created a stark disparity to all his superhero style jumping, climbing, swinging and surviving. Uncharted is supposed to be over-the-top, Indiana Jones-style action and FUN. The moment you try to turn it into a mature, layered thing, it falls apart.
  57. Jun 30, 2016
    This is an enjoyable linear platformer that regular turns into a shoot Em up. Not as many 'woah' moments as number 3 (I think there were only 2 of these). Very good graphics, brilliant voice acting. But an only okay storyline, and it's hard to really care about the quest. I suspect the high ratings are a result of critics getting caught up in the hype and we will see scores head south asThis is an enjoyable linear platformer that regular turns into a shoot Em up. Not as many 'woah' moments as number 3 (I think there were only 2 of these). Very good graphics, brilliant voice acting. But an only okay storyline, and it's hard to really care about the quest. I suspect the high ratings are a result of critics getting caught up in the hype and we will see scores head south as the initial gloss wears off. It's not a game I plan on replaying but it was fun for a time and it's a decent length. It's exactly what you expect it to be; which is a fun romp around the world, shooting a lot of goons, solving simple puzzles, good acting and an interesting story to follow. This isn't going to set the world on fire though. Expand
  58. Jun 24, 2016
    I loved the original 3 Uncharted but I can't help but feel that something dirty went on between Sony and review sites with the amounts of undeserved critical acclaim this game has received. Why do I say that? It feels phoned in, it feels like a game where the Last of Us creative team took over halfway through development. Because this game goes for long stretches where it is justI loved the original 3 Uncharted but I can't help but feel that something dirty went on between Sony and review sites with the amounts of undeserved critical acclaim this game has received. Why do I say that? It feels phoned in, it feels like a game where the Last of Us creative team took over halfway through development. Because this game goes for long stretches where it is just completely boring. One level should have been called Nathan and Elena take a leisurely drive. If it wasn't for the opening sequence the first hour of the game wouldn't have had any action at all, unless you consider playing the original Crash Bandicoot exciting.

Don't get me started on the last boss battle, it is easily one of the worst boss battles ever created for a AAA game. The controls for it were bad, and it was just terrible mess to play. Let's also not forget the couple of times where you are forced to push the buttons in a fight where you aren't allowed to win, something I absolutely hate when it happens in a game. If I don't have any control over events, don't pretend like I do and just create a cut scene.

The reason why I gave this a 7 instead of a 5 or less is because you can get enjoyment out of this game. Because when the game is good, it is good, the problem is those moment feel to few and far between. It is a terribly paced game where to much of nothing happens.
  59. May 12, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Drake is an orphan. He was raised by SULLY. This was obvious in the first three games but this was abandoned for a weak sub-plot including an orphanage and Drake's loser brother, Sam, The entire design of this game echos The last of us" since the men behind it created that game. It is DARK. The characters are designed darkly. Pretty Elena looks awful. They didn't use Greg Edmond's fantastic uplifting major key score and instead went with depressing minor key themes by Henry Jackman a third rate composer compared to Edmond. Regardless of game play, they have destroyed what Drake was all about and introduced a loser brother to drag the plot down into satisfying drug lords. Drake wanted treasure and to follow history not to be forced into finding loot for a scum drug lord to get his idiotic brother out of trouble. The entire plot is so unlike the characters we loved from the first three games that it is unrecognizable. I was fearful from the start when I read the the producer for the first three was replaced and what I expected is exactly what I found and it is not a good direction AT ALL. These characters meant something to me in the first three. In the fourth, I do not care at all. Expand
  60. May 11, 2016
    If not the fact i was gonna buy it anyway to see how story ends, i would have felt kinda cheated by all these 9 and 10 reviews. Game is quite boring, i dont care about story and characters (especially Nathans brother) and im kinda forcing myself to finish this game (im near the end). Gameplay is dull, repetitive and not fun at all, stealth sucks, shooting unfortunately also sucks (enemiesIf not the fact i was gonna buy it anyway to see how story ends, i would have felt kinda cheated by all these 9 and 10 reviews. Game is quite boring, i dont care about story and characters (especially Nathans brother) and im kinda forcing myself to finish this game (im near the end). Gameplay is dull, repetitive and not fun at all, stealth sucks, shooting unfortunately also sucks (enemies can respawn from all sites even if 5 seconds before they werent there), climbing looks ridiculous and kinda impossible to perform in real life (its not that fluid and looks worse than in other games, you dont feel that you are using muscles to jump or climb up, animations of jumping/climbing can be horrible if game decides that you grabbed impossible to touch ledge).
    The only good thing here is graphics.
    Overall mediocre game, there is no feeling that you are getting stronger, you dont need to collect items to survive, you dont improve your character (skills etc.), you cant craft better armor/weapons etc. The only weapons you get are from enemies. Gamaplay is getting very old very fast.
    As for now this is the biggest disappointment this year.
  61. May 13, 2016
    Overall I’m disappointed with Uncharted 4.

Overall I’m disappointed with Uncharted 4.

But first the good. The graphics and artwork are outstanding, the artists and developers that created the world should be proud. Some of the views and vistas are breathtaking. For me the game was bug free, which is a rare thing these days, good job ND, you sold me a working product. The addition of vehicles and stealth combat were a welcome addition.

Now for the mediocre. The story is boring, and a departure from what drew me to the Uncharted series. I just felt no need to advance the story. Unfortunately, the writers seemed to think that the pinnacle of treasure hunting came from the Goonies movie, so they borrowed heavily from it. Here’s the Google description of the movie:

“When two brothers find out they might lose their house (die) they are desperate to find a way to keep their home (stay alive). They find a treasure map and bring some friends along to find it. They are all out looking for the "X" and trying to get away from a group of bad guys who also want the treasure.”

When the last chapter came I had images of Chunk and Sloth sliding down the sail to save their friends. I almost tossed my controller into the TV screen. The gaming industry as a whole suffers terribly from bad stories but this just felt cheap.

The Bad. The combat is just terrible; enemies appear out of nowhere. Everyone, including Nate is a bullet sponge. There’s a battle on the beach where I threw three grenades at a guy in succession, and then shot him in the face with an RPG, he killed me a few seconds later, not even wounded. That’s some tough body armor. Apparently, you need to knock his helmet off first with a “tink” from any bullet, then you can kill him with a headshot, absolutely ridiculous. I did like the stealth combat addition, but the rest is just a technical mess of unbalanced garbage.

Puzzles, were those puzzles or just mash buttons until a door opens? A three-year-old could’ve solved those. Seriously, open your magic journal and see the order, really? Just uninspired junk, no effort at all, you’re an embarrassment to the real artists that created a great world for you to tell a story in.

Treasure collection of useless junk, WHY?! To all game developers, I don’t want to collect, useless treasures, feathers, songs sheets, it’s not fun. RPG’s have loot collection to progress the development of a character’s abilities. Uncharted is not an RPG, it’s an interactive movie, please stop with the collection of junk! If the collection of loot doesn’t alter or change the story or develop the character, then it’s just useless.

Multiplayer, I just don’t care, there are so many better alternatives for multiplayer. It’s inclusion into this game is just an afterthought to entice you to pay for the PSN service, and to buy into micro-transactions. Frankly, this is the reason most of my friends are giving up on consoles all together and switching back to PC gaming.

Conclusion, if you like the Uncharted series then you should rent this game to see its conclusion. It’s not worth buying, you won’t play it twice. Frankly, the combat is bad, and the platforming is repetitive. Watching a Let’s Play on You Tube is the best solution. I’m giving this game a 7 just because of the graphics and the gorgeous world the artists created. This game would have been a 5 or even a 4 without the graphics.
  62. May 23, 2016
    Despite all the hype/fuss bout this game's reputation, uncharted 4 is one of the most over-rated games, despite the fact that this game has one of the best visual experiences ever and a very good plot when comes to the story, it still lack the ability to stand up for its game-play, it actually has a more movie-game approach. In uncharted 4 you're bound to do only 3 things, firstly findDespite all the hype/fuss bout this game's reputation, uncharted 4 is one of the most over-rated games, despite the fact that this game has one of the best visual experiences ever and a very good plot when comes to the story, it still lack the ability to stand up for its game-play, it actually has a more movie-game approach. In uncharted 4 you're bound to do only 3 things, firstly find your way through which is most the time is just right in front of you and I personally didn't spend much time looking around when searching for my way around, secondly very low amount of super easy puzzles with "hints", finally killing some enemies, which makes this game basically a movie-game where you spend $60 to get and 12 hours to finish. Expand
  63. May 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spoilers below should be minimal, I hope.

Originally I was a little annoyed that people (user score) gave this game abysmal ratings so I gave it a 10 and didn't bother writing a review. Anyway, now that I've finished the game I was annoyed enough to come back and change my rating.

This game is pretty good. It doesn't merit a 10 nor a 9 but it certainly doesn't merit anything in the 0-3 range either.

The graphics were as expected, pretty great. Some people are saying it doesn't compare to other games but for me to actually bother taking prtingscreens throughout the whole game, I think its close enough to a 10/10 on graphics.

The ladder and crate mechanic in order to simply delay your progress to add dialogue and to allegedly mask a short game destroys immersion and is completely unnecessary. I say short game because there's a trophy that asks you to finish it in under 6 hours (Took me 15 hours). The dialogue with the characters could have been handled better than using this mechanic, especially since the whole time I kept thinking "use the rope moron" Without spoiling too much the conversations you had while ridding the elevator with your truck was one way to handle it or simply the driving around convos. The crate thing I could've forgiven if it didn't happen so frequently. One of the things I dreaded the most in the entire game wasn't drowning by not finding an exit underwater in time it was, when is the next damn scene where I'm stuck doing nothing for several minutes because of a crate scene. There was one particular event where I instantly figured out what needed to be done yet I had to play along with whatever the creators had in mind until the game basically said "OK you played along with our time sink we'll let you continue".

The pirate story overall was top notch and I really enjoyed it. I really can't say anything bad about how it was presented. As for the non-pirate stuff. The confrontation between the married couple felt sloppy and overall awkward to the point where I figured if they would have just broken up right then and there we could move on with the real story.

The final battle was disappointing because it strongly felt like it was just a rhythm game. If they would have handled it with maybe a bit of action or something and tossed in some "rhythm gaming" in between it wouldn't have been so bad. Still it managed to be intense because, since I avoided social media for several days to escape spoilers, I really had no clue what would happen.

I liked most of the characters however I got to say I was disappointed with the Nadine character. She felt forced and out of place and in the end it felt like they just dropped her out of the game and gave up on her (this isn't very accurate but I don't want to spoil too much). Victor was great as usual but was severely underused, though this is most likely because of the brothers plot so it's almost forgivable.

This game was worth buying but I'm glad the series appears to be over because I don't think I'd buy Uncharted 5 unless they promised to drop the time sinks. At least the artifacts were not obligatory because after awhile I just gave up on them.
  64. May 11, 2016
    As much as I love the Uncharted series (and The Last of Us), I'd be lying to you if I said UC4 was in the same league.

Sadly, it's feeling dated and repetitive. Some of the levels felt ridiculously boring, with endlessly unsatisfying climbing - and virtually everything he grabs hold of, cracking or nearly breaking. If it wasn't the 4th in the series, and I wanted to know where the

If it wasn't the 4th in the series, and I wanted to know where the story of these characters ended up, I probably would have stopped playing around Chapter 10-11. The story was literally the only thing that kept me going.

UC4 ins't a bad game by any means, but it not really that good either. These 10/10 critic reviews almost feel too reverent and subjective, rather than simply asking... "Was it fun?"

A bland end to the series :(
  65. May 14, 2016
    When I learnt that Amy Hennig was replaced by Neil Druckmann during the development of Uncharted 4, I feared the worst. A globe trotting adventure filled with wonder, mystery and excitement like Indiana Jones was going to turn into a chase movie called National Treasure. Yes, some of the action sequences were very well crafted and amazing to play through. Uncharted 4 was the mostWhen I learnt that Amy Hennig was replaced by Neil Druckmann during the development of Uncharted 4, I feared the worst. A globe trotting adventure filled with wonder, mystery and excitement like Indiana Jones was going to turn into a chase movie called National Treasure. Yes, some of the action sequences were very well crafted and amazing to play through. Uncharted 4 was the most technically polished installment and a sight to behold in the whole franchise. However, it was the pacing of the story in the third act that dragged it down like a 4x4 jeep struggling through thick mud.

The problem was the developers were trying to duplicate their success in The Last of Us. They tried to make it more gritty and realistic, this sucked out the wonder and discovery that were the hallmarks of the series. Think of a Survivor Island type reality show where ordinary people were at each other's throats for a shot at fame and fortune. Nothing more, nothing less. No wonder, no mystery.

The third act was filled with repetitive environmental puzzles and endless CoD inspired battles of A.I. grenade spamming and cheap enemy sniper kills. The end of the story was nearly in sight, but it felt like the developers were trying to prolong the playtime and it felt like a slog.

If you are long time fan of the Uncharted series and you are a completionist, Uncharted 4 still entertains as it does have its moments. However, it is a beautiful view with an empty hole in the ground where the hear and soul of the series has been long dug out.
  66. May 26, 2016
    Simply amazing graphics fail to make up for the hollow characters, predictable plot line, simple puzzles, and linear in-game play.

At no point of the game is there any real suspense despite a harder than average difficulty setting. All cliff climbing (about 25%) of the game could be complete by a small child. A real disappointment following The Last of Us which was superb. Would not buy.
  67. May 18, 2016
    Watched on twitch, 15 hours:
    Good graphics/animation/face-cap/hair and ok story, but no gameplay worth doing.
    Probably looks even better on a real console, despite the 30fps. Seriously silly with the sony product ads for their phone, the playstation1 and the **** crash bandicoot game they've stuck in there assuming everyone loves it, when it fact it was horrible crap. No nostalgia in
    Watched on twitch, 15 hours:
    Probably looks even better on a real console, despite the 30fps.
    Seriously silly with the sony product ads for their phone, the playstation1 and the **** crash bandicoot game they've stuck in there assuming everyone loves it, when it fact it was horrible crap. No nostalgia in that.
    For a game where all hangs on good graphics and intense scripted fights, turning the screen grayscale when you're low on health makes the game look worse when it's supposed to be the most exciting.
    Ends with a super slow long boring ending. All in all, this is a walking simulator.
  68. May 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is very good, but not enough for a perfect score.

The best part of the game is of course the Graphics. I spent a lot of time just wandering around and looking and gazing at the amazing models, shaders/textures and lightning of the game. Almost nothing felt repetitive. The AI felt like the good old Uncharted, minor complaint would be the yellow mode of the enemy when they just stand there looking dumb without investigating. The new rope swing system was really fun, but it makes you wonder why they didn't introduce it in earlier Uncharted. The back story for it didn't make complete sense.

The story and characters were the games weakest point. The story was actually very good in the beginning but after having played half of the game it went sort of down hill from there, and the ending was just 'ok'. The introduction of Chloe and Cutter in earlier Uncharted games was much better than introduction of Sam in this one. I didn't completely understand Sam's obsessiveness about the treasure. Yeah, he has been away in prison for a long time, but how many people can relate to that? Most of the other main characters were kinda reluctant to finding the treasure, except Rafe, who also felt un-relatable. If you're rich already, why do you need the money? The honor and glory of it didn't make sense for him. I felt like the writers tried to make a drama-like story which felt right in the Last of Us because of its negative space(apocalyptic setting), but it didn't make sense in a treasure hunting game where you're supposed to be excited about finding it. And not just to tag along to save your brother's life. The voice actors did a great job portraying the characters though.

Regarding the whole pirate thing, I tried to get into it but at a certain point I just stopped reading the letters from dead pirates and treasure hunters. I guess I don't understand the honor of being a pirate. And what's the point of having rules among pirates if you're a criminal anyway? Is that why they killed each other over the treasure at the end? The letters you find in the Last of Us made much more sense. Because I could relate to those people and what they were going through.

Despite all that, the game was overall very good, but not as amazing as ND's best one yet - The Last of Us. My advice, ND should have focused a bit less on the graphics and more on the story and characters and I'm sure it would have turned out a perfect game.
  69. d0x
    May 18, 2016
    Uncharted 4 is a game that i find hard to put a score to. Its obvious alot of time and attention went into making it. Its one of the best looking games around really only matched by tomb raider and Doom 2016. The sound design and voice acting is also excellent.

This is a very story heavy game. Its about 65% story delivered via cinema and in game moments and about 35% gameplay. What i mean by gameplay is the actual shooting and puzzle solving i do not include the walking or driving around for 10 min listening to dialog. Yes its gameplay but its basically walking simulator gameplay.

The shooting is much improved over previous entries but the exploration is still far too easy and obvious. You always know where Nathan needs to go and what he needs to do. He also climbs 1000% faster than the assassins in assassins creed. Nathan Drake is the strongest most limber man alive and the speed at which he climbs around kind of kills immersion because its incredibly unrealistic.

I can easily forgive gameplay shortcomings but my main issue with this game is i just dont care. I dont like any of the characters...at all nor do i care about their quest. In The Last of Us i was motivated by the characters and story but here im just pushing myself through because i paid $60 and dont want it to be a waste.

Naughty dog can do charcters well but for some reason here i just cant get invested and since there are so many cutscenes it drives me crazy. The game just moves too slow when it doesnt really need to. It so doesnt help that every enemy encounter is pretty much the same and the AI is very dumb.
  70. Jul 6, 2016
    Aside from presentation this game felt like a step backwards for the Uncharted series

Like most who have played a thief's end, I am a huge fan of the uncharted games and would rank 2 and 3 highly in my favourites of all time. I loves their tone, their pacing, the character writing and most of all they were enormous fun to play. You know it is a 'classic' gaming moment when you are mid way through a sequence and cant wait to play it again - that happened several times in Uncharted 2 and 3. It didn't happen once in 4.

It is so difficult to raise the bar on the previous games, and expectation was certainly very high going into this game - the reviews had been superb across the board and I couldn't wait to step back into Nate's shoes and go treasure hunting all over again, but a strength of the previous games is certainly a weakness of a Thief's end - the pacing. The game starts too slowly and instead of building to a crescendo it just dawdled along forcing one climbing part after another, to the point where I found myself wishing for the level to be over with -something I can say never happened in 2 or 3. The first 3rd of the game suffers this way and by the time the adrenaline starts pumping in the middle section its almost too late. And then as we move towards the conclusion of the story, again it slows to a crawl forcing you to climb/stealth in areas you feel you've been in multiple times before, ending on a flat note with a pointless epilogue.

That being said, credit must go to the presentation in this game. The graphics and effects are the best I have ever seen in any game IMO. The voice acting and writing is once again very solid, but I found some of the characters outside of the returning group to be very generic and bland.

The level layout is a curious decision, now incorporating a sandbox feel encouraging exploration, but with every key encounter a 'tower/base/ruin/cliff' that is guarded that you must walk around stealthily taking down the enemies. Opening fire felt like a punishment in this game and I was soon bored of repeating the same routines to avoid being killed by overly aggressive/questionable AI opponents.

Writing this review has made me want to go back and play uncharted 2 and 3 again, to experience being chased by the helicopter (on foot and on the train) explore the dockyard and sinking cruise liner and jump from jeep to jeep channelling my inner-Indiana jones. Uncharted 4? It doesn't have any stand out moments like that and for me that's a disappointment. Great graphics or not.
  71. Jul 11, 2016
    Pros: Good (although scaled down) graphics. Great voice acting (unnecessary dialogues). Satisfying end to a long series. Very very good soundtrack.

Cons: Really bad gameplay. So linear that often it feels like playing through a Quicktime movie. One place to go, one thing to do. Games have evolved beyond that already. Huge disappointment in terms of gameplay.
  72. Jul 17, 2016
    Can't understand the fuss. I mean it looks very pretty and I suppose the story is okay (albeit quite cheesy at times). But the gameplay got very repetitive and boring after a while. Aside from maybe 1 or 2 missions, everything was very linear. Not much thinking involved here, everything was spoonfed to you.

If you want something that is pretty much The Da Vinci Code in video game form,

If you want something that is pretty much The Da Vinci Code in video game form, you have found it
  73. Jul 25, 2016
    This game disappointed me. Compared to the other Uncharted games, this seemed to have less puzzles and more focus on shooting, but without doing anything to improve or vary the rather poor shooting experience from the previous games. Also, there was less environment variation - most of it felt like slightly different types of jungle. Uncharted 3 had a desert, an airplane, a sinking ship,This game disappointed me. Compared to the other Uncharted games, this seemed to have less puzzles and more focus on shooting, but without doing anything to improve or vary the rather poor shooting experience from the previous games. Also, there was less environment variation - most of it felt like slightly different types of jungle. Uncharted 3 had a desert, an airplane, a sinking ship, some icy mountain, a french ruin... and yeah, jungle. This game left me feeling like I had been treading the same jungle five times, doing the same moves and autoclimbing up the same rockfaces over and over again to look at different nice views. What comes after this pirate-y jungle, you think? Oh my, it's a slightly flooded pirate-y jungle...

The story featured overly long cutscenes, mostly with Nate being annoying and boring and trying to talk everyone out of adventuring (WTF?!? I *want* to go adventuring, that's why I bought the game... so why am I stuck with a main character who whines about giving up and going home every chance he gets?)

There was no sense of accomplishment, and I was especially put off by the final bossfight. While it was visually appealing, there is something very uncool about introducing a new game mechanic (fencing) at the final moment. Also, the fencing mechanics were very poor, leaving you with little or no control and no access to your regular moves.

While visually appealing, this game had no soul and it has no replay value. The campaign felt short and repetitive, with very little (nothing?) new being introduced to distinguish this from the previous games.

I feel cheated.
  74. Aug 7, 2016
    I dont know if the game is stale or if I've outgrown games that run on a path, "linear" style games I thought this game was boring. I mean the graphics are great and the story is ok, if a bit predictable,t the endless Climbing! sweet merciful Christ! The climbing! Who likes climbing that much?! was complete done with the game play halfway thru l coudn't take it any more. The only reasonI dont know if the game is stale or if I've outgrown games that run on a path, "linear" style games I thought this game was boring. I mean the graphics are great and the story is ok, if a bit predictable,t the endless Climbing! sweet merciful Christ! The climbing! Who likes climbing that much?! was complete done with the game play halfway thru l coudn't take it any more. The only reason I kept playing was for story and like I said before it was just "ok." If it wasn't for the fact that this is supposed to be the last game I probably would have quit on it. I just really loved the 1st 3 games I just wish it ended on a better note. Heres hope'n they take that story telling swash genius to different genre. A space adventure would be nice. Expand
  75. Aug 12, 2016
    Let me start off by saying I was a huge uncharted fan going into this so I'm just voicing my opinion. I hated this game, I don't hate many, lol. I couldn't get into it. The graphics were to me blurry, I know everybody said there fantastic. The movement sluggish. No run button? 2016! And B.O.R.I.N.G. gameplay mechanics, just stale. Why am I sliding in mud? Why is that fun? lol. I reallyLet me start off by saying I was a huge uncharted fan going into this so I'm just voicing my opinion. I hated this game, I don't hate many, lol. I couldn't get into it. The graphics were to me blurry, I know everybody said there fantastic. The movement sluggish. No run button? 2016! And B.O.R.I.N.G. gameplay mechanics, just stale. Why am I sliding in mud? Why is that fun? lol. I really love the first three games back in the day. But they really didn't do this series justice. Not when the tomb raider reboot was so amazing, that game was much better then this mess and its release was in 2013!? This is the 1st uncharted game I didn't finish, I made it to level 15 and was like, why am I wasting my life playing this dated garbage. Last thing, I bought this day "1" showing I couldn't wait for the game. If you enjoy it, thats great. I sold it fast. Expand
  76. Oct 12, 2016
    Don't get me wrong it is a good game but it was massively over hyped for what it is in my opinion. As with all uncharted games i just found it to be too short and linear but maybe its just me.
  77. May 14, 2016
    While I agree with most 10 rankings here, I feel like for a 60 dollar game we should get more than 15 hours. There was alot of repetitiveness in the game as well. While a great game, not at the 60 dollar price point; wait until 30 dollars at the most.
  78. May 13, 2016
    It was impossible for this game to reach the expectations it had, they were just ridiculously high. Anyway, It has the best graphics we've seen so far in a videogame and the mechanics are just perfect. The enemies have a little of AI since they're not just standing waiting to die, they try to surprise you and that's cool; same AI that your stupid brother lacks. He can't cover any side andIt was impossible for this game to reach the expectations it had, they were just ridiculously high. Anyway, It has the best graphics we've seen so far in a videogame and the mechanics are just perfect. The enemies have a little of AI since they're not just standing waiting to die, they try to surprise you and that's cool; same AI that your stupid brother lacks. He can't cover any side and when he screams to alarm you, you're already dead, so you're basically by yourself even when he's with you a lot of the time. However the story sure is well written but it's also kind of boring and predictable. The landscapes are amazing but not interactive at all. It's a linear game in an amazing world.
    As a final commentary I would say is a good end to the series and for the Uncharted fans (as me) and you will enjoy it even if you're not but maybe it won't create enough interest to play the previous games and it has absolutely no replay value. If you can, I would recommend just renting it, you are going to like it but you're not playing it again and 60 bucks is a lot for a one-play game.
  79. May 15, 2016
    O enredo do jogo é muito bom, te prende do inicio ao fim, o grafico é incrivel, movimentação muito boa, etc. Seria perfeito se não fosse o andar pra la e pra ca e escalar exageradamente, durante o jogo se teve 10 combates foi muito, e de duração muito curta ainda, combate repetitivo, cada area tendo poucos inimigos, e quando voce mata todos, la vem mais umonte de ficar andando e escalando.O enredo do jogo é muito bom, te prende do inicio ao fim, o grafico é incrivel, movimentação muito boa, etc. Seria perfeito se não fosse o andar pra la e pra ca e escalar exageradamente, durante o jogo se teve 10 combates foi muito, e de duração muito curta ainda, combate repetitivo, cada area tendo poucos inimigos, e quando voce mata todos, la vem mais umonte de ficar andando e escalando. O jogo realmente é muito bom sim, mas não é tudo isso que falam, particularmente achei bloodborne mais interessante que esse jogo, então não é todo esse hype que fazem, como melhor jogo de todos os tempos e essas coisas. O multiplayer é pior ainda, com apenas 3 modos nem tem um bom sistema de level, sendo apenas um modo rankeado, corta conexão, bugs e enjoativo. Minha id da psn é luksgamerps para quem quiser conferir o jogo zerado. Expand
  80. May 13, 2016
    Despite the stakes implied by the title and the press releases leading up to the game's debut, Uncharted 4 is an ultimately underwhelming finale to what was once a groundbreaking series. The game fails to match either the excitement of its predecessors or the insightful storytelling of The Last of Us.

The least interesting set pieces from Uncharted 2 are recycled multiple times for the latest installment. In fact, you can expect a few mundane mechanics to be re-used for extended sequences throughout the game. The worst of these is driving, which has awful controls, even for scripted chase scenes. The player will yearn for the days when Chloe (Claudia Black) was at the wheel, delivering sharp lines and leaving Drake free to hop from vehicle to vehicle.

The space between these set pieces is padded with seemingly endless walking and talking. I did not mind this feature at all in The Last of Us (or its excellent DLC, which was almost only walking and talking), because every conversation helped us learn more about our characters and their relationships to each other. But while Uncharted 4 tries to do that to some degree, entire chapters have been filled with small talk that is neither insightful or amusing. Case in point: In one of the later chapters, young Nathan was not allowed to leave a room until he had spun a globe no less than 4 times and his know-it-all brother told him which landmarks he should visit when he grows up. The entire chapter requires you chat about seemingly every worthless artifact in a mansion before moving on.

Worse than anything else, the game fails when it is about to transcend the low story-telling standards set by other games (I'm looking at you, Tomb Raider [reboot]! Oh, what could have been save cheesy lines...). I cannot be specific in this regard without revealing spoilers, but moments that should be sobering are instead written campily, undercutting the tension where there SHOULD be tension after hours of paint-by-numbers drama. The result is an ending that lacks catharsis, proceeded by a mind-numbing epilogue that adds NOTHING interesting or insightful to the story. I was wishing the game would just end the moment that terrible feeling of de ja vu started.

Despite all that and a few technical glitches here or there, the game is still competently put together and a beauty to behold. You could do worse at the theater for $50 cheaper looking for a similar blockbuster experience. So while the game does not live up to the standards Naughty Dog has recently set for itself, It would still be a shame to miss one last outing with Drake and company.

A final thought, though: I honestly wonder what Amy Hennig could have done short of **** on a desk to get shut-out by Naughty Dog on this project, considering how closely it has stuck to her formula, overall.
  81. May 15, 2016
    Think the magic of this series has died for me. Found myself constantly bored while playing it, since climbing seems to take up the vast majority of this one. Combat in Uncharted has never been anything to write home about to begin with, but it just feels really stale this time around. Kind of hope this is the end of the series for a long time.
  82. May 14, 2016
    This series 1-4, especially 4, the degree of repetition is too high, such as looking for the box, looking for his teammates, and ultimately rely on the feelings of the clearance of the single.
  83. May 25, 2016
    It's so boring that I cannot play for more than half an hour without risking to fall asleep. The shooting sections are great by far. But all the rest climbing just pressing X is so boring
  84. May 12, 2016
    I'm only 8 chapters in. So far, its a lot of walking around and talking to people. And climbing on buildings made intentionally with no doors so you have to climb around the outside. But the part that bothers me most so far is the story. A confusing muddy mess that departs from earlier adventure themed Uncharteds. Oh, and Nathan is now an ex-con/fugitive complicit in murder. In previousI'm only 8 chapters in. So far, its a lot of walking around and talking to people. And climbing on buildings made intentionally with no doors so you have to climb around the outside. But the part that bothers me most so far is the story. A confusing muddy mess that departs from earlier adventure themed Uncharteds. Oh, and Nathan is now an ex-con/fugitive complicit in murder. In previous games you didn't care about shooting people because they were established to be evil henchmen bent set on killing you, not law enforcing people working their day jobs who you mow down with a gun while you try to escape. Or italian security guards hired to protect and auction you are robbing. Who wrote this crap? This is not Nathan Drake. This is criminal. Expand
  85. May 16, 2016
    Uncharted 4 is the last in naughty dog's award winning flagship franchise and a lot like drake this game misses its treasure in favour of fan service .If you buy uncharted a thief's end expecting mystery , supernatural elements and creative risks you may want to pick up uncharted 3 . what uncharted 4 does for pushing the series visual fidelity to new heights it lacks that uncharted sauce.Uncharted 4 is the last in naughty dog's award winning flagship franchise and a lot like drake this game misses its treasure in favour of fan service .If you buy uncharted a thief's end expecting mystery , supernatural elements and creative risks you may want to pick up uncharted 3 . what uncharted 4 does for pushing the series visual fidelity to new heights it lacks that uncharted sauce. On day one you wont find dynamic maps, horde mode, co-op , machinima video editing or customization in its multiplayer Nor will you find more than 4 multiplayer modes .What you will find however is a microtransaction store begging you to spend uncharted points the new currency to unlock fan favorites characters from the series . It doesn't take long playing uncharted 4 to find out how much Amy henning meant to this franchise and without spoiling the story lets just say fans will have questions without answers for certain characters that are introduced . To close uncharted 4 is a fantastic game but a lot like Nathan drake's Luck its not perfect yet . naughty dog may have a roadmap plan but even the best roads hit a few bumps now and then as my mini review stands uncharted 4 a thiefs end is a 7/10 game this will change when the dlc is done and the full game is finished by 2017 next year . Expand
  86. May 20, 2016
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was alright.
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves blew it out of the water and was almost perfect.
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception had a lot to live up to, it wasn't as good as 2, but it had its moments. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End was.... a big let down. Nathan Drake is retired and happily married to Elena. What else would you want for them? And quite literally out of
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was alright.
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves blew it out of the water and was almost perfect.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End was.... a big let down.
    Nathan Drake is retired and happily married to Elena. What else would you want for them? And quite literally out of nowhere, because never is he mentioned previously, Nate has a brother. This is inconsistent with the series because when Drake and Sully are recalling their history in Uncharted 3 when they're in the woods before entering the chateau, never was Sam mentioned. Neither was he in the flashbacks in U3.
    Sam was created out of nowhere for the sole purpose of this game, and if you ask me, It's something you just don't do. I never liked Sam since he was announced and the game didn't really do much to make me like him, so I don't really care for him.

The first few chapters of Uncharted 4 would have been better if Uncharted 4 was released 10 years from now. As a fan of the series, they were appreciated but taking a big step back and looking at the whole thing, it just doesn't have lasting impact.
    One reason for this is because Uncharted 4 is the slowest paced game in the series. It took too long for things to kick into high gear.

in Uncharted 2, chapter 5 is when it starts to get good, but at least the pace picked up in Chapter 3 and 4.
    In Uncharted 3, things pick up almost immediately with the bar scene, slows down a bit, but picks back up not too long afterward. Uncharted 3 does this throughout the game and if you ask me, just doesnt make it as good as 2.

Uncharted 4 on the other hand, doesn't pick up the pace till the very end of Chapter 9!!!! Uncharted 4 is a much slower game. If not, the slowest Uncharted.
    Possibly influenced a little too much by The Last of Us. That's not even mentioning a few other things it took from Naught Dog's previous game.

Was a wrong to expect train/airplane crazy moments in Uncharted 4?I mean, this Uncharted we're talking about.
    I was replaying the big moment in Chapter 11 and I noticed something was off. It just wasn't as fun as it should be.
    So I looked back on some videos i have saved from Uncharted 2 and 3.
    The insane moments of Uncharted 2 and 3 had some epic, Indiana Jones-esque, adventurous, music that just made the moments so much more better. Uncharted 4 just doesn't have it in it's single best moment and it is such a big disappointment.

That is my overall take with Uncharted 4: An Unnecessary Sequel. A slow paced, unevenful, anticlimactic sequel.

I gotta give credit where credit is due tho.
    The graphics are freaking great.
    The acting is superb.
    Cinematography was alright.
    The story was the best told story in an Uncharted game.
    and although the antagonist was the most human and least cartoonish ,they just cant beat Lazarovitch.
  87. Jun 23, 2016
    I played all 3 games and I felt let down by this one. It seemed like it was mostly very similar climbing, over and over and over, interspersed with some cut scenes. Not a bad game, but not very good either.

Seemed to be missing the major action/fighting bust-ups of the previous games.

Was excited to finish just to move on to something more interesting and engrossing.
  88. Oct 9, 2016
    THE GOOD
    - Awe-inspiring stunning graphics
    - Many detailed locations in different atmospheres - Good story telling - The combat is genuinely challenging at "Crushing" difficulty level which is the toughest. The AI will always try to flank you and barrage you with lots of grenades. THE BAD - Very short game for a triple A title (it can be beaten in less than 6 hours) -
    THE GOOD
    - Awe-inspiring stunning graphics
    - Many detailed locations in different atmospheres
    - Good story telling

THE BAD
    - Very short game for a triple A title (it can be beaten in less than 6 hours)
    - Frustratingly linear game design. You simply can't get lost or do anything other than the main story.
    - Dated gaming system and repetitive game mechanics (brace yourself for lots and lot of climbing)

FINAL WORDS
    While I appreciate the effort they've put into creating a stunning looking game and the engaging characters, I see this game as a demonstration of PS4 rendering prowess without genuine essence. I certainly enjoyed it but it lacks so much in comparison to the Witcher III for instance. I recommend it but don't expect the game to live up to the hype.
  89. May 12, 2016
    I think the game drags a bit in the 3rd chapter but thats my only problem with the story. I give it a 7/10 because i think, when it comes to re-play value it doesnt offer enough. The story is too long to play through more than twice and the multiplayer is p2w. I dont care if people are brushing it under the cover. Halo 5 got smashed for having micro-transactions because its on Xbox. Yet noI think the game drags a bit in the 3rd chapter but thats my only problem with the story. I give it a 7/10 because i think, when it comes to re-play value it doesnt offer enough. The story is too long to play through more than twice and the multiplayer is p2w. I dont care if people are brushing it under the cover. Halo 5 got smashed for having micro-transactions because its on Xbox. Yet no one is talking about it on this game. Besides that. This game is AMAZING! Its a must buy for all PS4 owners and even if you dont own a PS4. This game is worth picking up a PS4 for. Expand
  90. May 11, 2016
    Not really much mention of frame rate dips, clunky cover system, long drawn out cut scenes in reviews. Game mechanics we've seen so many times by now and poor multiplayer. I guess people get caught up in the hype, which is understandable. Personally disappointed with the ending but over all a good game.
  91. May 13, 2016
    The only reason I created A metacritic account was to tell everyone how horribly disappointed I am with this installment. I am a HUGE fan of the uncharted series and I loved the quirky characters and lightheartedness of the first 3 games. In my opinion, all this has vanished in this installment. Again this is just my honest opinion. If you haven't played the first 3 uncharted's, go playThe only reason I created A metacritic account was to tell everyone how horribly disappointed I am with this installment. I am a HUGE fan of the uncharted series and I loved the quirky characters and lightheartedness of the first 3 games. In my opinion, all this has vanished in this installment. Again this is just my honest opinion. If you haven't played the first 3 uncharted's, go play them right now and you'll see exactly what I mean. This is not a bad game by any means but compared to the other installments you really notice a difference. Expand
  92. May 13, 2016
    Cut graphics capabilities compared to E3 2014. Weaker lighting, physics, objects destructibility. Cut delate as zwiszające cables. Too high price....
  93. May 21, 2016
    Lots of walking and climbing, little in the way of action. And when you finally get to the action, it's not nearly as satisfying as it was in The Last of Us. This game's greatest strength is its story. When it comes to the game, it's not up to snuff. The graphics do look tremendous, at least.
  94. May 14, 2016
    Graphics: amazing for console. Game is overhyped though. Story is good but not great. 14 hours of gameplay are rinse and repeat of : 1)Cinema 2) Run around jumping on stuff like a monkey simulator 3) indiana jones puzzle 4) People to shoot 5) lots of near misses, stuff collapses below you but you just make it! 22 chapters of that. Multiplayer is fun though, that's whereGraphics: amazing for console. Game is overhyped though. Story is good but not great. 14 hours of gameplay are rinse and repeat of : 1)Cinema 2) Run around jumping on stuff like a monkey simulator 3) indiana jones puzzle 4) People to shoot 5) lots of near misses, stuff collapses below you but you just make it! 22 chapters of that. Multiplayer is fun though, that's where i'll get more gameplay. 7.5/10 Expand
  95. May 15, 2016
    Game I did not like the plot. It's just a copy story U2 and U3 of the game. Graphically, the game is very good. A lot of the game have to climb, it is tedious and not interesting.
  96. May 16, 2016
    I cant say this game is better then uc2 but not deserving of a 10. Games crashed on me twice while playing and the hit decection is a little off all in all a good game not perfect. Multiplay is good but brings nothing new to the game feels tacked on.
  97. May 17, 2016
    Not really my kind of game but gave it a try after my friend insisted me to play the series. The graphics are grate and the story was alright but the game play isn´t anything special and there is no reason for you to explore the maps except for maybe some trophy. No useful items or anything like that to be found. In that aspect this is quite a shallow experience for me, no depth at all.Not really my kind of game but gave it a try after my friend insisted me to play the series. The graphics are grate and the story was alright but the game play isn´t anything special and there is no reason for you to explore the maps except for maybe some trophy. No useful items or anything like that to be found. In that aspect this is quite a shallow experience for me, no depth at all. All i wanted to do was to rush trough the game play parts so i could finish the story. Think this game is shiny on the outside but lacks depth. Expand
  98. May 26, 2016
    Most of the reviews for this title seem to concentrate on how the game looks, rather than the experience. There is no doubt it looks stunning, even though some people might criticise the game for running at 30fps, it feels smooth throughout. There is absolutely no doubt the game is a well crafted and a lot of time and passion has gone into giving the series it's final chapter. My problemsMost of the reviews for this title seem to concentrate on how the game looks, rather than the experience. There is no doubt it looks stunning, even though some people might criticise the game for running at 30fps, it feels smooth throughout. There is absolutely no doubt the game is a well crafted and a lot of time and passion has gone into giving the series it's final chapter. My problems with the game is that it is just so underwhelming. Once the credits rolled I looked back on my adventure, compared it against others of the series and felt hollow. The large scale ridiculous set pieces that the Uncharted series is known for are unfortunately sparse. As a result, it fizzles, instead of bangs. A damp squib. On top of this, the puzzles aren't nearly as well crafted, often only taking a small amount of thought to solve. Most of the game revolves around climbing, walking and shooting, which although was exciting in previous adventures, feels frankly dated. The storyline (no spoilers) does excel, due to Naughty Dog reigning it in a little. With the last of us Naughty Dog have seemed to really hone excellent characterisation and some more poignant, sentimental moments. The same applies here. Overall, the story is not quite as ridiculous as the other games. This foot planted in an element of (far fetched) reality does give it the grounding it needs, but does make it a little dull as a result. It's a good game, enjoyable no doubt. Just don't expect to be as blown away as the critics make out. Expand
  99. May 18, 2016
    This game is decent. The gameplay is generic and repetitive. "Go here, get confused, climb, shoot." I've played a lot of games like this, but it's striking in this game. The gameplay literally never changes thing up (except for that part where you play a different game), and at least one part of it, the climbing, is a dull mind numb. The story is a throwaway, and the cinematics are overlyThis game is decent. The gameplay is generic and repetitive. "Go here, get confused, climb, shoot." I've played a lot of games like this, but it's striking in this game. The gameplay literally never changes thing up (except for that part where you play a different game), and at least one part of it, the climbing, is a dull mind numb. The story is a throwaway, and the cinematics are overly long and boring. I couldn't find myself caring about the characters, because I disliked the repetitive gameplay so much. The twists in the story aren't predictable, but they are dumb. In hindsight, I still never would have guessed them, and, yet, I wasn't surprised in the least. I was more focused on finishing this chore than enjoying the ride.

It is, however, an objectively good game. It's a beautiful environment, the voice acting is superb, and the world is huge. The multiplayer is great, and I've already put in half a day playing with friends. I enjoy the grind for rewards, as well as the PvP. There are some issues, like getting hung up on the map for a 5 or 6 seconds, but they are minimal and can be overlooked for great gameplay. I didn't expect to like the multiplayer more than the story for this game, though, and for that reason, it's a bit of a letdown.
  100. Sep 5, 2016
    I would give it 6.5/10/ It's not a bad game really, but it gives me a strong feeling developers just ran out of ideas. It has some pretty settings, and definitely its moments, but.. basically, a one-time thing for me. Me and my sis each had a playthrough and just forgot about it the next day. IMO it's very repetitive, rather boring at times, and has a large number of bad game designI would give it 6.5/10/ It's not a bad game really, but it gives me a strong feeling developers just ran out of ideas. It has some pretty settings, and definitely its moments, but.. basically, a one-time thing for me. Me and my sis each had a playthrough and just forgot about it the next day. IMO it's very repetitive, rather boring at times, and has a large number of bad game design decisions that I would not expect from ND.
    Also, this review is only for single player, never played multi and don't care about it.

Universal acclaim - based on 113 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 1, 2016
    Uncharted 4 is a landmark title that anyone remotely interested in interactive storytelling should invest in. Naughty Dog has once again raised the bar across the industry. Thrilling shootouts, a staggering level of detail, breathtaking visuals and emotional depth come together to make Uncharted 4: A Thief's End a must-play masterpiece.
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 21, 2016
    Stating that the forthcoming game will be the last rendezvous with a popular, charismatic hero is a rare phenomenon. I congratulate Naughty Dog on their courage and in spite of myself keep my fingers crossed for them to stick to their decision. The farewell party they threw for Nate is simply spectacular. This is how I want to remember him, not as an old man who rubbed his joints with pain cream and then found a UFO. Uncharted 4 is a brilliant game and a breathtaking demonstration of what PS4 is capable of. [07/2016, p.56]
  3. Games Master UK
    Jul 5, 2016
    Whiteknuckle action, captivating characters, and luscious locales - the best Uncharted yet. [June 2016, p.64]