7.2

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jul 5, 2019
    Great fun, good narrative. The world-building is fantastic and after it finished I wanted to see more of the world. If you're a fan of the Cyberpunk genre, you will have a blast.
  2. May 14, 2019
    People needs to understand that this is mainly a Visual Novel, which means 95% of the game is based on reading dialogues. From time to time there will be a mini-game where you need to make cocktails for your customers (as you play as a bartender), but that's it. If you don't want to read, this game is not for you!

Otherwise the story is really nice and full of interesting characters.

Otherwise the story is really nice and full of interesting characters. Dialogues can be very crude sometimes and there is a dark cyberpunk atmosphere. The graphics are in 2D retro style and looks like an old-school Amiga 500 game, you can even activate a scanlines filter if you like. Music is good and you will have to manage the jukebox by selecting 12 tracks from a list.

I really enjoy playing it before i go to bed as it's kind of relaxing. The only negative point is that you can't save whenever you want, but only when you go home after work or when you have a break, which means that sometimes you will have to play for about 20 minutes before being able to save. But once you know it, it's not that annoying actually.
  3. Jun 12, 2019
    Allright, so this is NOT a game, more like a visual novel. Fine, I can try new things. I have been warned.

However, whoever wrote this game has never been in a bar in their whole life. Dialogue is cringy and unrealistic. Characters try to use fancy words, but it falls flat. Conversations last forever with a client at a time. Does the bartender has nothing to do all day? There are never ever more than two clients at a time? Fine, its a slow night, every night. Sure. It would have been more realistic if sometimes the game juggled with 2-3 clients.

Asked for refund. Got some potential, but was not convinced.
  4. Jul 1, 2021
    story: Following a bartender's work routine has never been more fun. The secret? It takes place in a cyberpunk universe where you receive the most unusual and absurd customers with hilarious and touching stories to tell.

gameplay: In addition to the basic "press a button to advance the dialogue" which is the standard for visual novels you can also enjoy an interesting system of making drinks, playing a mini game of bullet hell in your free time and even a truth or dare in a special situation.

art: The game has beautiful sprites and scenarios that blend perfectly with the cyberpunk theme

soundtrack: There is a lot of music available from the beginning to play in the bar and it is still possible to unlock more!! If you like cyberpunk you can expect much more than the classic synthwave.
  5. Jul 20, 2020
    This is one of my first visual novels, and I loved it. A good story, likable characters, and nice graphics

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. May 15, 2021
    To prepare an excellent Visual Novel cocktail, we particularly need a very good writing quality, varied narrative paths and the ability to transport ourselves to a world with a unique atmosphere. On these points VA-11 Hall-A is very convincing. But where the recipe turns sour, it is in the inability of the game to renew its gameplay and its sequences.
  2. May 29, 2019
    Overall, VA-11 Hall-A is a unique experience that borrows some design elements from games in the past, such as Carmen Sandiego, that features solving problems through natural dialogue with ambiguous clues. The additional narrative to it is captivating at times, though some dialogue can get way too long in the tooth. The additional money-making motivation and customization options help to sell the experience a little further beyond its initial design.
    I loved my time with VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action. It’s one of the best visual novels I have played in years and one of the best stories in games this decade. It’s a funny, tragic, stunning adventure unlike anything I’ve played recently.