5.2

1. Jun 17, 2018
    Nice graphics...but that's it. Actual gameplay is usually horrible. War Thunder has serious balancing issues. In most cases the average player will find himself in a clearly disadvantageous position, facing much tougher tanks and is forced to "play" the role of a sitting duck, not capable of influencing anything. A really frustrating waste of time, no fun at all.
  2. Jan 27, 2016
    Warthunder started out as a great game... but only in papers!

While on PC version i would give a better score due to mouse/keyboard in PS4 version on the other hand its just too complicated! This game is too much cmplicated with so many controls even in arcade more that you will get frustrated in the first 5 minutes of playing! Lets sum up Pros: - Graphics - Models - Idea - Not
    Warthunder started out as a great game... but only in papers!

Lets sum up

Pros:
    - Graphics
    - Models
    - Idea
    - Not a P2W (Pay to Win)

Cons:
    - Controls
    - NOT user friendly
    - Too much complicated Hangar screen.
    - Not a game for PS4
  3. Mar 19, 2016
    Well.....since all the above have been about a bad, greedy, unresponsive, developer that had a good product and destroyed it. I can't think of anything else to add..... except that they do a disservice to good developers with this gaming turd they laid.
  4. Feb 12, 2016
    What a disappointment. Unstable flight parameters which sees you flying through clear blue skies in one frame and lying in a burning heap in the next. Change your viewer while approaching target will cause your aircraft to suddenly going in a whole new direction. twenty-one awarded hits on an aircraft, one of which was critical, and it still is not destroyed. Yet one shot on your ownWhat a disappointment. Unstable flight parameters which sees you flying through clear blue skies in one frame and lying in a burning heap in the next. Change your viewer while approaching target will cause your aircraft to suddenly going in a whole new direction. twenty-one awarded hits on an aircraft, one of which was critical, and it still is not destroyed. Yet one shot on your own aircraft shears the wing off completely. All together this game is worth the nothing I paid to play it. And yet War Thunder has the potential to be a great game, should the programmers ever wake up. Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2019
    I'm very disappointed by this boring game, awful graphics, boring monotonous gameplay, the absence of any meaning.
  6. Jun 10, 2016
    This is not a free to play game.Its a pay to play well game. Playing the game without paying for upgrades or golden eagles is a royal waste of time. It can take you literal months to get the plane you want, and that's if you play somewhat well. Hostile planes take entire belts of ammo to take down, Boom and Zoom planes with cannons (and about 1000 golden eagles dumped in) are veryThis is not a free to play game.Its a pay to play well game. Playing the game without paying for upgrades or golden eagles is a royal waste of time. It can take you literal months to get the plane you want, and that's if you play somewhat well. Hostile planes take entire belts of ammo to take down, Boom and Zoom planes with cannons (and about 1000 golden eagles dumped in) are very unbalanced. Very inconsistent damage models and an awful community to boot. Expand
  7. Mar 26, 2018
    i played this game when it first came out...it was bad then and it is just as bad now!!! do yourself a favor go play something else.
  8. Jan 31, 2020
    The game itself is not interesting, the graphics are weak, you do not get any high. I sat down for it several times to play, thought to get in the mood. No way! I'm disappointed.
  9. Dec 9, 2019
    The game, to be honest, did not like. The graphics are weak, and almost no updates come out.
  10. Jul 25, 2015
    Warthunder started out as a great game, but it is the perfect example of an amazing idea, horribly executed.

The developers no longer listen to feedback, partly because the forums are run by a bunch if elitist fanboys, who ban any critics, interupting the flow of information between player and developer, and partly because Gaijin would rather increase their profits as much as possible, rather than focus on making the game better, or more enjoyable. I have spent over 100$ trying to make the grind bearable, but finally gave up due to a combination of every new patch taking the game further and further in the wrong direction, and the amount of horrible players ingame who do nothing but hinder their teammates.

I used to have alot of fun playing warthunder, but now i find myself closing the game down after a round or two because all it does, is make me angry because i feel every second spent playing is a huge waste of time. You WILL NEVER want to play again once the "new game euphoria" wears off.

If you feel like spending 300+ hours(with a premium account) trying to grind out a single tier 5 vehicle, then this is the game for you. If you have even the tiniest shred of self respect, do not spend a single cent on this game.

The only reason i have given this a one, and not a zero, is because of Air Simulation battles. (Ironically the least developed game mode)
  11. Oct 1, 2019
    A very controversial attitude after the game, the impression of a raw product
  12. Jan 31, 2017
    I started playing in August 2014 and while the graphics are quite nice, the playability (very firm pay2win formula) runs very much against the title. Forget about the official message of tier based fighting to make things more fair, the more you pay for the in-game various boosters: (vehicles, or 'in-game currency') the more you win, it's very simple. Play it on a rainy day with yourI started playing in August 2014 and while the graphics are quite nice, the playability (very firm pay2win formula) runs very much against the title. Forget about the official message of tier based fighting to make things more fair, the more you pay for the in-game various boosters: (vehicles, or 'in-game currency') the more you win, it's very simple. Play it on a rainy day with your mates, but don't expect anything other than the other pay2win titles out there. Expand
  13. Jan 10, 2018
    There is absolutely no balance. Soviet Union tanks - always oneshot and the presence of armor. While the rest of the tanks is the lack of armor, lack of power of the shells, in comparison with the Soviet Union. Oh, and most importantly - Economics 5, 6 grades so unprofitable that be prepared to pay a fee to hundreds of dollars. Most of the maps are small and uncomfortable for tanks, butThere is absolutely no balance. Soviet Union tanks - always oneshot and the presence of armor. While the rest of the tanks is the lack of armor, lack of power of the shells, in comparison with the Soviet Union. Oh, and most importantly - Economics 5, 6 grades so unprofitable that be prepared to pay a fee to hundreds of dollars. Most of the maps are small and uncomfortable for tanks, but that's my IMHO Expand
  14. Dec 18, 2019
    Slop game, the graphics are just a complete zero. After 5 minutes of the game, I became disgusted. I was very bored to play it, there is nothing interesting in it. The essence of the game was not impressive, I did not receive emotions. But as we all know, deceived once, will be deceived twice.
  15. Dec 18, 2019
    Played several times and made sure that the game does not pull even one ball. I did not like the game plot itself. We didn’t try with graphics either. That's why such an assessment!
  16. Jan 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I tried to play and was immediately disappointed. The graphics are bad, the technique does not look plausible. There are so many games better than this. Expand
  17. Dec 11, 2019
    The game, however not very. Apparently everything is in a weak schedule, which is not updated at all.
  18. Dec 18, 2019
    really worthless game, gameplay, no graphics at all. I don’t know who made this game and why at all. the complete solution.
  19. Feb 14, 2020
    I decided to test this game, in the end it is a game with poor graphics and not thought out. I do not recommend it!
  20. Feb 14, 2020
    In my opinion, this game is not interesting, I did not like the graphics at all, so I will not play it anymore.
  21. Nov 27, 2019
    You must be kidding me! Nowadays you can find far more exciting gameplay and cooler graphics. That's probably one of the lamest products I've seen this year!
  22. Nov 27, 2019
    The game is clearly not my choice. Low graphics and few modern tanks available. I am very disappointed.
  23. Oct 29, 2019
    This game is completely absurd, as it is uninteresting and poorly done. I do not like this game.
  24. Nov 8, 2019
    The game does not whack. Terrible graphics, the gameplay is terrifying. Convenience is poor. I do not advise you on wasted time.
  25. Sep 18, 2017
    Хотите расшатать себе нервы и слить побольше денег - Вар Тандер Ваш выбор!
    Вас будут кидать на 1-2 уровня больше, которые будут убивать вас с одного выстрела.
    Да, это не игра в танчики, это дуэль на коробках, кто первый выстрелит тот и выиграл. Углы, рикошеты, не пробитие - это все не сюда.
    Хотите расшатать себе нервы и слить побольше денег - Вар Тандер Ваш выбор!
  26. Mar 16, 2017
    더러운 소뽕게임이라 밸런스 초토화다 지네나라 만 이긴줄아나 무기대여법아니였으면 지네나라 뭐고간에 없어졌을텐데 하여간 역사왜곡놈들이라 게임개발못하게해야한다 게다가 러시아 빨갱이새끼들은 운석쳐맞고 사라지길빈다
  27. Mar 31, 2018
    Though I've never played the PC version of this game. I will say this PS4 port suffers from very user unfriendly, possibly broken controls, nightmarish vehicle grinds that are even worse than tier 10 grinds on WoT, PC players (this is a cross platform game) always going after you because they know you have bad controls (you get a nice icon just to let them know you're a PS4 player), andThough I've never played the PC version of this game. I will say this PS4 port suffers from very user unfriendly, possibly broken controls, nightmarish vehicle grinds that are even worse than tier 10 grinds on WoT, PC players (this is a cross platform game) always going after you because they know you have bad controls (you get a nice icon just to let them know you're a PS4 player), and overpowered Soviet vehicles that'll beat everything else within a second. I highly recommend the PS4 port of World of Tanks over this in a heartbeat. Expand
  28. Sep 5, 2019
    I didn't like this game, I tried to play for a week and quit this. Very poor graphics and gameplay, in battle people do what they want and only few people are interested in victory. In addition a lot of cheaters. Also for me there is little atmosphere in the game, everything is sparse. Even small problems in the game don't corrected quickly. There are games much better.
  29. Jan 21, 2019
    Graphics are awesome, but when it comes to the game it totally blows. Tier 2-3 tanks against mid to late WWII or even better Cold War tanks against tier 2-3 tanks ? how is this fair ? The whole spin "reward" is a crock of crap and predictable which just gets you to buy into the scam crap their trying to sell .. Its honestly not worth your time.
  30. Oct 9, 2019
    I didn’t like the game. Arcade mode is normal, but the graphics and gameplay are no good.
  31. Sep 25, 2019
    The game absolutely did not like. The level of graphics is weak, the gameplay is inconvenient, terrible game
  32. Jun 23, 2018
    It realy would be the best tank game if gaijin where not so greedy, they charge you PER SHOT fired, also a single tank could go for over a 100 dollars, and in high tier battles if you use heat or apfsds you will lose silver lions as every shot is really expensive, another important thing is the super tedious grind it becomes past tier 3, literaly you will have to play about 6 months toIt realy would be the best tank game if gaijin where not so greedy, they charge you PER SHOT fired, also a single tank could go for over a 100 dollars, and in high tier battles if you use heat or apfsds you will lose silver lions as every shot is really expensive, another important thing is the super tedious grind it becomes past tier 3, literaly you will have to play about 6 months to unlock a single top tier tank whoch to me is way too much, it is a shame that a game with so much potential is destroyed by developers greed, i would gladly pay 60 for the game and 50 for a season pass if the all the content is accesible in a reasonable time, but 5 years of grind is too much for me Expand
  33. Jun 13, 2020
    Match making is bad, how the old tanks meet the new coldwar tanks is stupid idea and mostly end in u'll loose it ofc. Also they dont care about leavers who left the game after 1death while u can bring 3 tank into battle and those moron who swarm the game with AA vehicles which CANNOT stand againts tanks cap or deff point in higher tiers which leads to 3point capped by enemy, the rest witchMatch making is bad, how the old tanks meet the new coldwar tanks is stupid idea and mostly end in u'll loose it ofc. Also they dont care about leavers who left the game after 1death while u can bring 3 tank into battle and those moron who swarm the game with AA vehicles which CANNOT stand againts tanks cap or deff point in higher tiers which leads to 3point capped by enemy, the rest witch tanks massacred by others as they are outnumbered while idiots stands back at AA vehicles and do nothing.

Update: After several year and nearly 2k hours of gameplay i can say, the game gets, and will get worse and worse. I played in hope will better, but no just worse by time. Many cheater around and fatal bugs which dont get solved. Deleted, dont recommend to any1, except wanna play a game with full of cheaters.
  34. Nov 27, 2019
    So ugly game, do not understand how to use weapons. I think they could create something better for those moneys. Just waste my expensive time. Beware of this game.
  35. Mar 10, 2016
    Originally a great game. Great idea. Ran into the ground by Gaijin. Probably the worst developer I've ever seen. Every decision they make digs the grave deeper. The amount of Russian Bias coming from Gaijin is the worst part. They are the scum of the earth.
  36. May 6, 2017
    Very bad support speed but good response. Game is very badly elaborated (physics bugs, realistic and Russian op) Graphics is good but playability is very bad.
  37. Jan 3, 2019
    Played for the past four days, aircraft. Was fun at first, although there are so few players that bots are necessary to make teams, usually 2 players on each side, with 8-12 bots on each side. Bots are incredibly stupid and inept.
    Graphics are interesting, with aircraft paint schemes taken from coffee table books about aircraft. The game is ahistorical, with 1932 biplanes fighting Russian fighters from 1943, for example. Damage is unrealistic.
    Matchmaking is horrible, and is probably the worst thing about the game. Planes are rated based on powerfulness with 'Battle Rating'. A biplane, for example, will have BR 1.0. An F4U Corsair has battle rating 2.7. And so on, with jets at BR 7.0 and beyond.
    Difference in BR is huge, reflecting how fast airplanes fly, how maneuverable they are, and especially how lethal the weaponry is. A difference of 1.0 in BR is huge, and anything above 1.0 difference rapidly will become a turkey shoot.
    Matches consistently put players up against other players with aircraft 1.6 to 2.0 BR higher, making them no contest affairs.
    Advancing through the game is very tedious, requiring 'grinding' out battle after battle on the same maps, over and over again, in order to gain points to unlock new aircraft and crew abilities.
    Pay to play accelerates advancement to warp speed, which is the main incentive for spending money on the game.
    The second incentive would be the 'premium aircraft' (in other words aircraft that are only available through purchase). These are 'pay to win' aircraft, superior to normal aircraft at their same BR.

For new players: DONT BOTHER with War Thunder. It is fun for a day or two, and then unless you want to spend money to advance, you will be in uneven match after uneven match. It is not a flight simulator, so there is no realism to draw you in. It is just an ahistorical grindfest, quickly becoming a boring drain of time, and if you are not careful, your money.
  38. Dec 27, 2019
    Played the day and deleted, absolutely did not like it! The graphics were not impressive, the optimization is poor, the gameplay is very boring ((The game is not worthy of attention!
  39. Oct 1, 2019
    This game is bad for me. Everything is badly done. The graphics are fuzzy, the battles are uninteresting, the gameplay is poor. I just wasted my time in vain.
  40. Nov 25, 2014
    This is a terrible port of what could be a fun game, it just doesn't work on PS4.

The UI is the worst aspect of this by far: The size of text and buttons haven't been adapted and aren't appropriate for console resolutions, the tiny buttons make using the touch pad for navigation frustrating and good luck trying to figure out what's highlighted and what any particular button press will do. There is in general a complete lack of explanation as to what anything on the screen actually means.

The default control values (sensitivity etc.) are poor and leave you at a severe disadvantage until corrected; if only there was some kind of explanation as to how to do this or what any of the settings actually do. Once you do get your controls working, watch out for the bug that limits your ability to pull back on the stick to about 5%: get used to nose diving in to the ground.

The game is also cross platform, meaning you'll be playing with and against PC players. Just to help them out, you'll be tagged with an asterisk so they know to focus their attentions on an easier target. Seriously, PC players talk about this as a valid tactic.

This could easily be a 7/10 game if there had been any real thought in the PS4 port. As it stands though, it's just not worth the frustration.
  41. Jun 12, 2014
    I think it is bad when I am playing a game and all I am thinking about is playing another. That is what was going on here. I spent the entire time thinking 'this was better on World of Tanks, or World of Warplanes. And when I thought that for like the 5th or 6th time I just closed War Thunder and went to play those.
  42. Dec 29, 2014
    Basicly this is an insult to any WWII enthusiast, FM's and DM's are way too basic and biased towards russian side, graphics are nice but that's all, gameplay is quite chaotic with no clear objective, now the GF part is as unhistorical as the plane parts, with a totally nerfed German side, in every aspect, if you are looking for some realism totally avoid this game, and if you don't avoid it too.
  43. Oct 5, 2014
    Just absolute garbage. There is no way this should be considered a finished game. Start with the atrocious UI, discover that tank combat is broken and virtually nonexistent, and then that literally NO ONE plays on realistic or simulator mode and you've got a formula for a guaranteed waste of time. Oh, and apparently there's no requirement that the times fly aircraft of the proper factionJust absolute garbage. There is no way this should be considered a finished game. Start with the atrocious UI, discover that tank combat is broken and virtually nonexistent, and then that literally NO ONE plays on realistic or simulator mode and you've got a formula for a guaranteed waste of time. Oh, and apparently there's no requirement that the times fly aircraft of the proper faction or even time period. After spending about 5 minutes flying into the actual fight in my I-153 Seagull only to be promptly shot down by an F-86 Sabre with Japanese markings (purposely this was in Stalingrad), I decided it was time to stop. Expand
  44. May 16, 2014
    So if you check the 10/10 reviews on here. they are all one review of Warthunder with a 10 score. Looks like the dishonest communist pigs that made this game are into metacritic fraud too. This game sucks unless you like unrealistic russian planes that outperform everything all the time
  45. Jun 5, 2014
    2nd 0 rating ever all because the game doesn't work.

first off, you have a 90% chance of the game not letting you log in because it will claim you do not have a connection. if this was the only major problem though it wouldn't be SO bad. the biggest issue is, even when you do get to play, the game doesn't let you fly. you cannot Pull up. simply put the controls are broken. no matter
    2nd 0 rating ever all because the game doesn't work.

the biggest issue is, even when you do get to play, the game doesn't let you fly. you cannot Pull up. simply put the controls are broken. no matter how you set them you can't pull up or go down. you basically can only fly straight.

but that is ok right? because you can customize controls right? NOPE. the game will CRASH the minute you try changing controls. I have tried multiple times.

completely avoid this game. it just doesn't work.

now, thankfully, I had a EU account when the game launched so I can actually review what the game is like when it works.

It's kinda boring. basically take the mediocre world of tanks game and make it with planes. there you go. the controls were still annoying but not unplayable like it is now. the game gets really stupid as you level up since other players can have higher tech planes than you or more unlocks. this wouldn't be so bad but there is no respawns.

games were determined within 2 minutes of starting. if you have 1 bad player you are at a SEVERE disadvantage.

the battle damage is probably the only good part about the game, it's cool that you can take damage and your plane will function but be worse off. but this has been done way back in the 90's with combat flight simulator, it's nothing new and it's actually worse in this game than back then.

overall, when the game worked 3/10 but since the game is unplayable now 0/10 2nd time I ever rated something so low (first was the broken sim city game!) so that should give you an idea how serious I am about this junk game.

hopefully sony removes it from the playstation store or force them to fix it to be at least playable.
  46. Feb 24, 2014
    Pay to win title. HUGE grind that makes the World of Warplanes grind look like a sunday stroll. The companys response to criticism is forum bans, post deletions and other douchebaggery. Oh and when they turn the economy on its head like in patch 1.37, no refunds, no customer satisfaction. They don't listen to the community, just the ch-ching of money.
  47. Feb 14, 2014
    You will need years of your life and hundreds (perhaps thousands) of dollars to reach jets in all countries. Money sink scam, and a visit to the official forum shows they address this with lots of account bans.
  48. Dec 22, 2013
    What seems to be a great game at first, soon falls short. There are way too many micro-transactions and gimmicks. The graphics are pretty, but that is about all it has. The gameplay is fun at first, but because of no variety in gameplay it becomes repetitive.
  49. Dec 19, 2019
    I don't often rate games as 0, but in this case, it is so. It is obvious they wanted to create a masterpiece, but it falls apart. The graphics are poor, the gameplay is poor, and the game is just uninspiring. Don't waste your time
  50. Dec 4, 2019
    Honestly, I did not like the game. Graphics are very sagging considering the level of development of games.
  51. Feb 14, 2020
    A terrible game, worse than this, I have never seen in my life. It is simply impossible to play, the graphics of the last century, control does not work, well, it's just awful!
  52. Dec 26, 2019
    Let's say it how it is. This game is complete garbage, terrible graphics, boring gameplay. I tried to enjoy it, but it's impossible.
  53. Jan 28, 2020
    Hello everyone friends I don't know who I didn't like the graphics at all zero and a lot of nuances so zero
  54. Dec 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Do u know how many times i had 2 understand what u mean why created this **** my grandma sayed that this is stuped games have to die!!! why i have to lose my time to find right? do you want to make people sad? Expand
  55. Feb 14, 2020
    Awful game. Graphics last century, terrible voice acting. It is impossible to play, control does not work. I’ve never seen a game worse
  56. Feb 14, 2020
    I didn’t like the game.
    one of the strong minuses is the balance of the game; it is very poorly implemented.
    gameplay is very boring
  57. Feb 6, 2020
    I did not like this game, as the gameplay and graphics are poorly made. I do not advise anyone to waste their time on this game.
  58. Jan 28, 2020
    This game was immediately included in my list of "terrible games". Wasted time on it. Graphics are low, impossible to play. The gameplay is disgusting. The mood has deteriorated after this game.
  59. May 1, 2020
    Disappointment. Let itself down with awful pay to win scheme, poor match mating, cheap map design and graphics. I feel bad for those who pay to unlock the vehicles they want. Shame.
  60. Dec 16, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. List of major problems with this game:

1) Devs are not looking for feedback
    2) Devs are not playing their game
    3) Some really serious balancing issues. Devs make this intentionally (and admitted it directly). So, playing for your favorite nation may turn into a pain.
    4) Maps suck big time. Unrealistic, built with mandatory building somewhere at the center so forget about long range fights.
    5) Grinding is painful.
    6) Unrealistic physics, both in flight and ground vehicles.
  61. Jun 17, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Нервов не хватит, что бы в такое играть
    тебе дают 3 шанса за бой, и стоит только выехать в поле, прощай танк, или самолет,
    а про багия вообще молчу, поплывешь, засмотришься и в текстурах застрянешь
  62. Jul 15, 2020
    Great attention to detail and good physics engine, but ultimately let down by a woeful user interface, complete lack of training, no decent single-player mode, and an unlock tree that would take a lifetime to unlock if you're not willing to pay. A shame, because this would have been the best WW2 aviation game, but as it is it's just not fun to play.
  63. Jul 23, 2020
    Игра говно, все что вам нужно про нее знать .
  64. Jul 31, 2020
    After playing for 182 hours, I made a simple observation. At first, if you are not playing Germany or the USSR, you have very little chance of making a good score. Then if you played light tanks or self-propelled guns, you will be more prone to attacks from planes (which are extremely cancerous since you have no means of defending yourself) so you will need a lot of luck if you want to getAfter playing for 182 hours, I made a simple observation. At first, if you are not playing Germany or the USSR, you have very little chance of making a good score. Then if you played light tanks or self-propelled guns, you will be more prone to attacks from planes (which are extremely cancerous since you have no means of defending yourself) so you will need a lot of luck if you want to get because even AA is not very effective. continue with the arcade battle rating system (BR), it is supposed to offer more equal matchmaking but it does the opposite since the highest BR is used for matchmaking, you may end up with tanks that have 1 see 1.5 BR more than 2/3 of the tanks you play.
    A word of advice: go your way, war thunder is not worth it.
  65. Jun 28, 2022
    this game is Soviet propaganda, there is no balance, it feels like playing a game for Russians.
  66. Apr 8, 2022
    The game is meant for pc. This is not a console friendly game and if you do get it for console, you will need to buy mouse and keys at bare minimum but most likely a joystick or you’ll get stomped. Pc players target console players knowing they are at a disadvantage and they are actively toxic and will troll you by maneuvering and bumping your plane. That’s right, they can outmaneuver youThe game is meant for pc. This is not a console friendly game and if you do get it for console, you will need to buy mouse and keys at bare minimum but most likely a joystick or you’ll get stomped. Pc players target console players knowing they are at a disadvantage and they are actively toxic and will troll you by maneuvering and bumping your plane. That’s right, they can outmaneuver you so well on of that they can come around and bump you at 400+ km/hr and don’t even get me started on the maneuvers and physics. I’m no genius but I’ve seen some really crazy stuff that most definitely is not possible despite this being called a sim. This is a pay to play mobile game that looks decent on pc and looks muddy and drops frames constantly on console. You will end up smashing your controller playing this which is actually to your benefit because, like I said, you can’t win without investing in mouse and keys or joystick. Skip this game at all costs and let it die as it should have immediately after launch on console. I guess pc players might enjoy it. They should be stuck in their own corner and let the console players play each other. This game is a prime example of cross play being an absolute failure and doing it just to fill lobbies to pretend the game is alive. Period. It’s also the prime example of pay to play behind the lie of an initial free download. Stop rewarding bad devs and companies and maybe we’ll get a good game again someday. Expand
  67. Sep 28, 2021
    How do i start? The game is HORRIBLE for a number of factors:
    - New players get thrown in a match against much more skilled pilots, and by that i mean MUCH MUCH more.
    - Crossplay. This migth sound good at first, but PC players have all sorts of advantages against consoles starting by game performace. - Also reguarding console, complicated controls, framerate drops, package los and, bad
    How do i start? The game is HORRIBLE for a number of factors:
    - Also reguarding console, complicated controls, framerate drops, package los and, bad graphics are just some of the issues the PS4 version suffers.
    - PC players target console players as soon as they see us due to an icon in the front of the username, and of course, they are after easy kills.
    - Constant in game paywalls, you have to pay for repairs, spawns, crew training, planes and so on.
    - The grinding is simply, if not THE WORST, then certainly one of THE WORST in any video game EVER CREATED. They practically oblige you to spend money in the game to have a decent progress. People will often argue that is a F2P game, but in the form that is presented in this game, i would rather spend money buying the game than stuff in it (wich would cost less real money by the way).
    - The ammount of resources you receive per match is simply horrible due to the game "uptiering" you EVERY SINGLE MATCH. You don't have only to deal with people more skilled than you in matches, YOU ALSO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM HAVING BETTER PLANES THAN YOU 90% OF THE TIME.

In resume, DO NEVER PLAY THIS GAME. It is addictive, you can find yourself playing for hours just to unlock a plane/tank/boat that is simply not worth while standard, and the effort you'll put in it isn't worth either, because you'll be so disappointed with it that it will suck all of your will and joy to play it. Grinding is terrible also, heard people saying that took them 2 YEARS to grind to the top levels. If you are a new player, you'll be treated like trash by the game developer (Gaijin Entertainment), the enemy team, and your own team as well (they WILL steal your kills and leave you to die alone by someone in your back while they watch motionless). You'll get constantly harassed if you are a console player, and the game will make you pay for playing it. Worst game management in the history of Video Games.
  68. Dec 7, 2021
    This game is unplayable for 5 reasons:
    1-you mostly found in situations were you can't do nothing and the only thing you can do is Just cry for you mommy.
    2-the Premium Tanks are in the most Very more powerfull than the normal tanks. 3-the grind in this game is Very slow and painfull. 4-This game is basically pay to play when you passes rank 2. and 5-this games is the most painfull thing
    This game is unplayable for 5 reasons:
    2-the Premium Tanks are in the most Very more powerfull than the normal tanks.
    3-the grind in this game is Very slow and painfull.
    4-This game is basically pay to play when you passes rank 2.
    and 5-this games is the most painfull thing in the world.
    The only good thing is the graphics, which is what most people say that is good in this cash grabber game.
  69. Jan 5, 2022
    Warthunder is a crap russian game made for russians only. Better leave it aside. Gameplay and maps are just horrible. All maps are made for your tanks to be taken in mud or stuck between rocks while you will see russian tanks "flying" over the map like if they where sports cars. All this game is nonsense. They say they want to be as realistic as possible but it is not. When you look tankWarthunder is a crap russian game made for russians only. Better leave it aside. Gameplay and maps are just horrible. All maps are made for your tanks to be taken in mud or stuck between rocks while you will see russian tanks "flying" over the map like if they where sports cars. All this game is nonsense. They say they want to be as realistic as possible but it is not. When you look tank stats in wikipedia, all stats are nerfed except russian tanks that are, naturally, overanked. I am sure putin play this game. Expand
  70. Mar 6, 2022
    It's Just one of the worst games in earth, for many and many things, just accept.
  71. Apr 22, 2022
    The game is very unreal. Now that they have restricted conversation it's worst. Plus the folks playing are ****, Also Cry babies
  72. May 5, 2022
    Effects for hit on vehicles is the only thing good about this game. Otherwise complete garbage. full of cheaters and the devs are the ones selling the cheat software.
  73. Jun 26, 2022
    This game coded to mess with you, for example when you activate a wager in game automatically get low tiered and basically you are f***** you need kills you get only assists and vice versa, and its biased to pay to win retards, and they add new vehicles but they forget to fix existing ones.
  74. Dec 26, 2019
    Awful game. I decided to play, but if I swayed which graph, I immediately deleted and deleted it.
  75. May 17, 2016
    PS4 and PC gamers are put together. As result PS4 player will get shot more often. On short distance it's possible to target reasonably fast and get a kill, but on mid and long distances it's just impossible to do same macro targeting as mouse users.

And this game is all about donating. It's really donate to win type of game. And sums required to be on top of food chain are multiple times higher than AAA game price tag.
  76. Feb 8, 2015
    War thunder started out ok, other that the crap physics involved. Don't complain on the boards though, the fan boys get all b.hurt. This is a terrible game if you want a game based on history and real physics. I will never play again.
  77. Aug 30, 2019
    This game does not belong on PS4. Broken, clunky, vastly outdated - in fact it's much like Metacritic itself in that regard. Not worth the download.
  78. Nov 26, 2019
    keep hearing how much better this game is when it comes to vehicle combat than battlefield, so i decided to give an obvious p2w f2p a chance. legit cant even play a single match without getting kicked to the hangar after 30 seconds. no other game i own does this, and whenever i see people bring up this issue in forums, they get blamed for bad internet. my internet is fine. its the trashkeep hearing how much better this game is when it comes to vehicle combat than battlefield, so i decided to give an obvious p2w f2p a chance. legit cant even play a single match without getting kicked to the hangar after 30 seconds. no other game i own does this, and whenever i see people bring up this issue in forums, they get blamed for bad internet. my internet is fine. its the trash game that doesnt work. in conclusion, this game cant be better, because it doesnt even work. Expand
  79. May 19, 2014
    War Thunder, I've been around since before patch 1,25 and I came to learn more people (Alpha testers, Mods, devs, Gaming masters, users, historical consultants etc.) than most people in the game. Initially when I stumbled across War Thunder I instantly fell in love the with idea of an all-out combat 'simulator' and as such I signed up and was surprised by the small user base. I learnt whyWar Thunder, I've been around since before patch 1,25 and I came to learn more people (Alpha testers, Mods, devs, Gaming masters, users, historical consultants etc.) than most people in the game. Initially when I stumbled across War Thunder I instantly fell in love the with idea of an all-out combat 'simulator' and as such I signed up and was surprised by the small user base. I learnt why it had such a small user base really quickly; Gaijin's inability to tackle problems and find solutions in a sensible amount of time.
    Where should I start? Let me do it at with the current existing game modes (Patch 1,41), currently there are 3 game modes; Arcade Battles (AB), Realistic Battles (AB) and Simulator Battles (SB). Tanks have gone into OBT and now all are free to play them, however currently tanks are separated from planes (Why? In the CBT you could play both tanks and planes together) however both tanks and planes have the same type of game modes.
    Let me start with the positive sides of War Thunder, nice graphics (For both planes and tanks), detailed tank/plane models, mostly accurate tank/plane models, some real life based settings and the massively improved Custom Battles. However right here is where I have to stop, there are just too many negatives that plague this game as of late. Currently the Battle Rating (BR) system (The MatchMacker uses the BR to fill games) is completely messed up, a Meteor F3 has a BR of 6,7 whilst it's German counter-part the Me262 has to enjoy fighting Korean era Sabres. You can see this across all the tech trees of all nations, e.g. the F4U Corsair (Late war plane) is rated at a BR of 3,3 and it enjoys fighting early war planes, am I the only one that finds this ridiculously stupid? Then there are other things such as repair prices of planes (My God take a look at the N1K2 for Japan and it's BR whilst it's US adversarie the F6F enjoys a low repair cost and low BR) as well as the damage output of all cannons of all planes/jets. Things like these, the fundamental of the game are broken, they broke it with this patch, previously it worked half fine however now it's simply broken which is just sad considering how much time I invested into the game.
    Now there is another glaringly obvious problem (Not the rotten community) but the corrupted, underage and childish moderation team. One might ask, well how do you know that they are corrupted? Can you show us evidence of this? Go and ask some of the older players that stopped playing the game (Guys from A01 for example) and they can tell you all about the lovely PayPal payments that some moderators received (There are even YouTubes videos about it). The Mods and GMs ban based on the players they dislike that is always fun is it not?!

So how do we conclude? Well it's rather simple, don't touch the game until its major fundamental flaws have been ironed out and the moderation team has been subbed out for a more mature one.
  80. May 11, 2014
    Pretty boring. You have to fly like 2 minutess to get in battle then 30 seconds to find another enemy and chase him for 2 mins until 60 th hit brings him down.
  81. Jul 14, 2022
    Only reason it receives a 1 instead of a zero is that its free. Terrible match making (example: WW2 planes vs. Missiles) lousy historical accuracy, no skill/low skill since it is a pay to win scheme and overall not much fun to play.
  82. Jun 24, 2022
    IDEA is ok
    Execution of before said idea is pathethic, bouth in coding and in greedines of gaijin
    IDEA is ok
    So much bugs, but they dont stop and think about how anoying and gamebreaking they are, only thing that is important is making new update and pushing out couple new vehicles because they hold a guinnes record for number of vehicles (they can also go for number of bugs in the game, not sure why they dont take that title since every expirienced player knows its true...)
    And new bugs come with every update, for example, me 264, german bomber, in game since i started playing couple years back (posibly even longer, not sure) so after one of the before mentioned updates that plane didnt have brakes for nearly a month, because science i guess....
    Maybe gaijin refuses to pay decent coders so they just cycle trough cheap ones...
    Then they "fix" the game for a week or two, they fix the bugs they want, "smaller" ones they see as non esential linger for longer if not for ever as some trademark or something....

Now lets dive into their "coding"
    Match maker is a joke, one fight you get a steamroll team where you look at the enemy tank and before you fire or just as you fired some of "maniacs" in your team kills it
    Other option is epic fail team, that has 15 kills (5-10 usually mine) and 12 tickets left, yday i had a "privilege" of being in air realistic with 3 epic bots, got one kill in unaviodable headon and died after doing some ground targets, so im spectating 3 "team mates" and one enemy bomber circling around his airfield
    All this bots should have done is pick of ground targets to get the ticket lead but that one bomber won after 10 minutes of pathethic bots insulting him for "airfield camping"
    Comunity is mostly, plane and simple, retarded, learning curve of a dead stone (i know stones cant be alive but i like to emphasize) on the bottom of a lake...
    Gaijins fault, because its their game, and they failed miserably at geting new players to learn the game through decent tutorial, famous youtubers make things worse with dumbass oversimplified advices
    Further more, the "toxicity" of some players is simply logical, if you consider how annoying the game can be, so basicly, gaijin makes a p.o.s. game that annoys the hell out of people, and than all of a sudden people are toxic without any reason (i know its not cool but lets face it, if your pissed off because you wasted 500 bulets from couple guns on a bot player that is flying straight after your bomber without even trying to dodge the bullets only to get couple hits and maybe a crit just to get killed by that persistant bot you will sooner or later call him a retarded monkey...)
    Tutorial in the game is teaching players wsad left right klick, basic driving and shooting, in a game that can have 50% of the keyboard keybinded with something usefull.....
    God forbid they explain stuff like flanking or cooperation, helping team mates in need of fliping over after bomb blast fliped them if they were lucky enough to survive...
    Air realistic with a bomber is a nice example how stupid game can be, instead of telling people how much bombs of what "caliber" they need to take down a base you are left out there to guess, and since i stated that thing about learning curve all you can see is how people are dive charging the closest base and droping all they can on the base and quite often dying in the next min or two...
    In a real war, pilot gets his mission, 99% of the cases in great detail....
    It is also very "heart warming" when a patch changes the base hp, and they tell you they changed the base hp, but they dont say from what hp to what hp....
    Hitboxes
    I would dare to say that hitbox is the single most important part of shooter game, so there you are, waiting behind a cover of some building rubble for a "rabbit" that will probably try and zoom into uncaped base over the clearing, you see one, you smile, 250m away, clean side shoot with 90% chance of one shoot, pop out of cover, shoot, and hit the rubble....that is shown to be 0.5m left of your barrel when you look at it.....
    Or you are flying low 5-10 meters over the buildings, just to hit a rooftop, that is shown to be atleast 5m bellow you....
    Maybe some invisible alien satelite dish...
    This was just two examples from two maps in two game mods
    There is also naval
    Where people charge a ship with their airplane, flying straight at the ship, not trying to avoid the bullets, out of 20x2x20mms, plus couple 40mms, 4-5 100mm secundary guns with proximity shells, just so you can get a plane kill just as he droped a bomb on you and killed you, because science times number of bullets divided by that bot not avoiding.....
    They basicly took pure math game (penetration minus armour equals pen or no pen) and they added some "x factor" in it

And after all said they charge 30-40-50-60 euros per tank/plane/ship (ofc there is around 100 or even more premiums available)
    3A game price..
    Plane and simple pathethic scam...

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 9, 2014
    While the initial learning curve is daunting, this is one of those games that opens up dramatically the more that you play it, so the time commitment is worthwhile whether you're a laidback dogfighter or a hardcore simmer.
  2. Jul 6, 2014
    The Ground Forces expansion makes War Thunder even bigger than it was already, an MMO F2P that lets you choose the war you want: simulation or arcade, air or ground, challenging or relaxing, competitive or cooperative, free or with fee, PC or PS4.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    It’s mostly the moments in between battles that bring the whole experience down, as a lack of information and poor menus tarnish this flying ace.