3.9

1. Jun 5, 2019
    It's a quality ARPG wrapped in the truly wonderful fluff of Warhwmmer's old world. First point, it's a Diablo clone that knows it's a Diablo clone. It doesn't screw around with the winning formula too much so any ARPG fan can just jump in. The worst part of the game is the insanely bad voice wanting. It almost ruins the story, but we aren't playing for the story, were playing for all theIt's a quality ARPG wrapped in the truly wonderful fluff of Warhwmmer's old world. First point, it's a Diablo clone that knows it's a Diablo clone. It doesn't screw around with the winning formula too much so any ARPG fan can just jump in. The worst part of the game is the insanely bad voice wanting. It almost ruins the story, but we aren't playing for the story, were playing for all the gory carnage. On that front it truly succeeds. Sure, it needs more content of it wants to actually complete with Diablo, but for a first go that just launched, it is definitely worth the time and money. Expand
  2. Jun 4, 2019
    Welcome to 'Hold X' Simulator. In this game, your chosen hero moves through dungeons, while you hold X. Holding X kills everything. If you stop holding X, you will take damage and may need to heal. At some points, suddenly, you will die, as without warning, holding X briefly won't kill kill everything.
    This is when you need to review your inventory and make deep decisions about your equipme... no no wait it shows you what is better using green/red text and items don't have any deeper abilities so you can just see quickly what is better. Now, this is a feature I would have loved in other similar games but in Chaosbane it just means your mind even further disengages from the game.
    Hey, look, maybe I'm old and seeing the sassy dwarf, haughty elves and blank human for the millionth time while interacting with NPCs who float around the place barking orders at you while taking themselves incredibly seriously just doesn't do it.
    This is a game about the action after all and I might be missing the point. So, I go out again, hold X... Things may improve later in the game but frankly i can't face it. I played for about 10 hours, but must admit I did fall asleep twice.
  3. Jun 4, 2019
    Deleted the game right after the first coop mission with my friend. Unlike Diablo or Path of Exile, the game carries no excitement and intensity. Waste of money and disappointed from this Warhammer Series.
  4. Jun 7, 2019
    This is exactly as advertised a Diablo clone set in the Warhammer universe. That being said, I'm finding it thoroughly enjoyable. The story and lore are top notch, as to be expected. The visuals are fantastic, although I sometimes wish I could control the camera or zoom in to see the details or what the enemies look like a bit better. Yeah, it's a bit repetitive but so are most hack andThis is exactly as advertised a Diablo clone set in the Warhammer universe. That being said, I'm finding it thoroughly enjoyable. The story and lore are top notch, as to be expected. The visuals are fantastic, although I sometimes wish I could control the camera or zoom in to see the details or what the enemies look like a bit better. Yeah, it's a bit repetitive but so are most hack and slash games out there. Bigben Interactive also released the 40K Martyr title, and that game has gotten a load of updates and DLC both free and paid for, so I am very excited to see what else they add to this game.

If you like the Warhammer lore and Diablo gameplay do yourself a favor and get on the Chaosbane train. It's a engrossing good time.
  5. Jun 7, 2019
    another failed diablo killer............................................lol
  6. Jun 7, 2019
    I enjoyed it up until I got stuck on a mission that wouldn’t start and I was locked out of progressing. It’s a bit of fun. I regret paying full retail price for this. I’d pay anywhere between 10-15 quid not 50. The gear is not deep and detailed enough. The enemies aren’t varied enough. Play it and then boot up Diablo 3 and there is absolutely no competition. This is fresh whereas Diablo 3I enjoyed it up until I got stuck on a mission that wouldn’t start and I was locked out of progressing. It’s a bit of fun. I regret paying full retail price for this. I’d pay anywhere between 10-15 quid not 50. The gear is not deep and detailed enough. The enemies aren’t varied enough. Play it and then boot up Diablo 3 and there is absolutely no competition. This is fresh whereas Diablo 3 I have rinsed to death but if they were released alongside each other then I wouldn’t play Chaosbane. It’s fun to play through for a bit but ultimately disappointed as it has not lived up to my hopes for an arpg to rival Diablo 3. Expand
  7. Jun 13, 2019
    Why Is This Diablo.............
    ..................................................

1. Jun 16, 2019
    Warhammer: Chaosbane is a cool ARPG that would have been better if it wasn't a current gen game but unfortunately, we're not in 2005 anymore. For all of its flaws, the combat system is still well done yet the problem is that it feels like a bare minimum product. The fact that there are no optional missions and only a few bosses and different kinds of enemies makes it get repetitive very quickly.
  2. Jun 14, 2019
    Warhammer: Chaosbane might be of interest to those who are fans of the franchise, or to those who are looking for a simpler version of Diablo, but there just isn't enough interesting content in Warhammer: Chaosbane to recommend it to anyone else.
  3. Jun 11, 2019
    Good but not exceptional, Warhammer: Chaosbane is a solid and confident slice of medieval melee action. As Gothic as it is repetitive in the endgame phase, it’s still an enjoyable romp in the same vein as many an action RPG from yesteryear.