7.8

1. May 5, 2015
    Is it possible to make a great game better? Apparently yes. Old Blood is set in the original Nazi killing timeline, which I personally think is the best Nazi killing timeline, and it's so satisfying to blow them to Valhalla.

This version brings a few new weapons, and takes out the futuristic aspects of New Order. I feel there is more sneaking around now, but it's so much more satisfying than in New Order. The bolt action rifle is a great addition, and the head shots from afar are just pure joy. Nazis, I don't like ye.

Well, there are still some issues with climbing a ledge, weapon wheel and grenade being mapped on the same button and such and such. But, for 20 dollars, this game is so far the clear winner of money/fun ratio for this year, and together with New Order the strongest contender for best FPS on consoles, ever. There I said it. Ever.
  2. May 11, 2015
    This is exactly how a dlc should be done. The problem with this is it seems short, I wish it was a few hours longer. The campaign is re-playable and there are challenges which are a lot of fun.
  3. May 27, 2015
    Probably the best FPS in terms of value for money.
    You'll get the same gameplay that The New Order, which was very fun, great story and new characters, zombies, slightly better graphics, some nostalgia, a challenge mode and 7 hours campaign which is more than some games with a 70€ price-tag.
    Probably the best FPS in terms of value for money.
    The IA is still pretty dumb (even in Uber mode) but for 20€ I can easily look over that and say : The Old Blood is a perfect expansion and a more than fair offer and could also be a great entry before playing The New Order.
  4. May 16, 2015
    A bit slow at first for an hour or so but right after that it picks up and throws you into the action with awesome gun mechanics and sounds and fun gameplay
  5. May 8, 2015
    This is a great old school FPS! Summons up Return to Castle Wolfenstein in several ways! Goes back to more experimenting with the occult, zombies, etc. It's perfectly great for what it is. It's not difficult, it's not multiplayer. It's just a great campaign with tons of action- and FUN!!! Nothing wrong with just shooting Nazi zombies all day long! Great for the price as well!!!
  6. Jul 6, 2015
    I like the Nazi team and mood. This is an large "expansion" for a little price and it is a great example, of how you can make a great game for half the price, compared to "normal games". And is it any less fun? NO! I do miss a good sniper like kar98 like in older games. You get a disappointing auto sniper thing. As for other weapons... nice very nice..... And do not expect a story orI like the Nazi team and mood. This is an large "expansion" for a little price and it is a great example, of how you can make a great game for half the price, compared to "normal games". And is it any less fun? NO! I do miss a good sniper like kar98 like in older games. You get a disappointing auto sniper thing. As for other weapons... nice very nice..... And do not expect a story or something.Its just shooting. :) Expand
  7. Jan 5, 2018
    This was a great game, classic wolfenstein, the nightmare levels were very addicting, the only bad thing is that in the last part it loses steam and becomes very generic, But still a great game.
  8. Jul 21, 2015
    I have yet to play any Wolfenstein title before this one, but that only counted as a plus to Old Blood. I jumped in right away and felt no disconnect from the story or characters, nor did I feel lacking in my situational knowledge.

Old Blood is a visceral shooter, whose blood splatters and gore are almost always satisfying to the extreme. A sufficient arsenal of weaponry and ample supplies along the way make resource management efficient and not too taxing on the tier just above the standard difficulty setting. The enemy AI is smart enough, but every so often you'll get one that just runs straight at you, seemingly to surrender or commit suicide.

Unfortunately, the stealth mechanics can be slightly finicky. Detection at times can either be too easy or too difficult to avoid, and there are certain areas where it feels like a downright chore sneaking past the larger, lumbering enemies. Because of this, the first hour or so of the game are very difficult to enjoy, and it does feel like work at first. Another detriment is the game's never-ending pace. There is usually very little time to regroup and catch one's breath before being thrown into another engagement, which can become taxing during longer play sessions and makes certain levels feel grindy. It's like playing the Library levels in Halo for an entire game. Later in the story, however, the levels expand and with more freedom and better weaponry, the game does blossom quite nicely despite the relentless action.

Overall, it seemed to me like a very good game for the price point, and an excellent standalone in its own right with no additional immersion in the franchise needed.
  9. Aug 11, 2015
    This game was published as a standalone expansion of wolfestein the new order:but it's very very big.The campaign last about 6-8 hours so it's very good for an expansion.The gameplay is the same of wolfestein the new order :the weapons are fantastic,the graphic is beautiful,the sound is perfect,the story is good and you can also choose your approach:stelath or assault.There is also aThis game was published as a standalone expansion of wolfestein the new order:but it's very very big.The campaign last about 6-8 hours so it's very good for an expansion.The gameplay is the same of wolfestein the new order :the weapons are fantastic,the graphic is beautiful,the sound is perfect,the story is good and you can also choose your approach:stelath or assault.There is also a challenge mod in which you replay the best scenes of the game with a system of points and medals and in the campaign there is also a progression system called "Talents" based on your game style.I think it's a very very good and funny game and cost only 20€ Expand
  10. Jul 13, 2017
    This is probably the best modern Wolfenstein game I have played. I have enjoyed it even more than The New Order (which is also true that I played on PS3).

Despite not being too long, The Old Blood offers a reasonably long campaign mode with a nice variety of enemies, weapons and settings. What is more, gameplay is quite addictive and you can play either stealthily or killing every single nazi openly.

Besides, the challenges pose an interesting additional option, and it is great to play the nightmare (classic) levels once again, now inserted within the game itself.

I highly recommend this Wolfenstein.
  11. May 5, 2015
    I haven't played many FPS the last few months as Hardline disappointed me greatly but this has been fun. I've also never played any Wolfenstein games but found this up my alley. I wouldn't say it's hard but the difficulty whether you have played many FPS is on par no matter where you put the level at. Easy enough to get through and hard enough of a challenge. Lots of health, armor,I haven't played many FPS the last few months as Hardline disappointed me greatly but this has been fun. I've also never played any Wolfenstein games but found this up my alley. I wouldn't say it's hard but the difficulty whether you have played many FPS is on par no matter where you put the level at. Easy enough to get through and hard enough of a challenge. Lots of health, armor, bullets to get you through the tougher parts. I always review games from all levels before I blow my money on them....this one I didn't because of the lack of games I like on PS4. I'm happy my gut was right. You can't beat the gameplay for $20. Expand
  12. May 5, 2015
    I didn't play The New Order yet, but for 20 dollars I had to try this Old Blood, and... OMFG! Its amazing, so fun and playing on Uber difficulty it's so rewarding, nice challenge, I ended the 3 Chapter now, always playing the nightmares. So fun! Old school! To everyone who is playing and like this type of game I suggest a try on Shadow Warrior, it's on the same boat =)

HOT DOG!
  13. May 6, 2015
    An otherwise perfect expansion to one of the most underrated titles of 2014.

A year after "The New Order", we are introduced to a 1946 setting with are well known protagonist Blazkowicz, who helps you blast through each level killing those who stand in your way. The Old Blood is a nostalgic-like trip back to the 80's, branching out with superb graphics and Nazi shredding goodness.
  14. May 5, 2015
    once again, the combat in this game is so satisfying, it makes me smile everytime I blast a Nazi to pieces.
    It offers marvelous propaganda posters, juicy gore, fat muzzle flashes and Schwarzenegger-style one liners.
    And that's a damn good combination.
  15. May 6, 2015
    "HOT DOG". For 15-20 euro/dollars you get 8 chapters, 7-10h long game. This is great deal. Game has beautiful graphic, smooth 60 fps!

Story is in old, good Wolfestein style. Humor is great and fight system full of fun. You can play different style - using 2 guns like Rambo, use 1 gun and aim carefully or do with silencer and melee weapons in stealth mode. Great game for great money.

Great game for great money.

If you love New Order you will love this. But if you are tired to New Order don't try this.
  16. May 7, 2015
    I'm amazed. For such a small amount of money you'll get game which is longer than most other shooters nowadays. Gameplay is the same as in The New Order with some slight changes...
  17. May 23, 2016
    Same as Wolfenstein: The New Order. I hate the weird robots and huge heavy guns. It will be great, if there if there is none of those. Enemies and dogs are so weak. It gets boring fast. It will be great if I there is nazi and Hitler in the game with no too unrealistic things and magic weapons.
  18. Aug 23, 2015
    Yeah definitely a good prequel to the New Order, if anyone has played New Order they should give this one a bash, I just love the stealth mechanics in this game and it is quite challenging as well.
  19. May 12, 2015
    Well, you should try this on difficulty level "I AM DEATH INCARNATE!“ or above.
    It's a classical FPS and it reminds me lots of fun things back to the old times...Quake series/CS/etc.
    No multiplayer, No QTE. With Nothing added and nothing taken away, such a pure FPS game experience!
    I like it.
    "HOT DOG!"
  20. May 21, 2015
    Fun game. Don't get me wrong. I gave it a six, slightly above average, for a reason. This game is very fun and brings the same unique feel that Wolfenstein the new order brought. This installment was not as fun as the last one but still great. I can't ignore the cons though. This game lacked story. I know it's short but come on. At the end of the game there are zombies and a giant monster.Fun game. Don't get me wrong. I gave it a six, slightly above average, for a reason. This game is very fun and brings the same unique feel that Wolfenstein the new order brought. This installment was not as fun as the last one but still great. I can't ignore the cons though. This game lacked story. I know it's short but come on. At the end of the game there are zombies and a giant monster. It never explains where either came from. It's so random. The characters are still good though. The weapons are better than ever. It's still worth your money because it's very fun and not too short. Not as long as the new order but a good 8 chapters. $20 isn't bad for a game. Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2015
    Whilst not as grand in scope as The New Order, The Old Blood is still a total riot and a perfect companion piece to its predecessor. If you loved the TNO then it's a no brainier and if you never played TNO then get it and get this too, easily the best FPS games of the last five years and thankfully solely focused on the singleplayer experience.
  22. Mar 9, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game,just like New Order was great...I just like it a little bit more than New Order because of the occult,zombies and all the weird things as you progress..Everything is in this game..Great story and campaign,characters,nostalgia and fluid gameplay..For that price,you have hours of fun...Great expansion... Expand
  23. May 5, 2015
    More of the same, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
    However, the frustrating level design and the steep difficulty increase, especially in the first few hours make it a less fullfilling experience and a lot more of a vexing chore.
    More of the same, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
    I consider myself a decent FPS player, but I was forced to lower the difficulty setting several times to be able to advance in the campaign,..and the game stress gave me a tension headache.
    I liked the original a lot and would love to say the same of the sequel (prequel?), but so far the experience has been slightly underwhelming.
  24. May 19, 2015
    I wanted to like this game. I enjoyed the setting, secrets, and minor exploration. The game however was very tedious and repetitive. The game never gave a clear indication where to go and having the alarm go off and not being able to stop it was super annoying. So annoying, I couldn't bear to finish the game :(
  25. May 14, 2015
    The game start poorly. A very tedious stealth section followed by around 4 chapters with basically no scenario and no events, just boring concrete corridors with hundreds of enemies. It felt more like challenge maps than a proper campaign. But then, halfway through the game you finally get out of the castle, and suddenly the game becomes interesting. You meet some characters, there's someThe game start poorly. A very tedious stealth section followed by around 4 chapters with basically no scenario and no events, just boring concrete corridors with hundreds of enemies. It felt more like challenge maps than a proper campaign. But then, halfway through the game you finally get out of the castle, and suddenly the game becomes interesting. You meet some characters, there's some tangible objectives, environments get more diverse, you meet new enemies and even get a chapter with a different gameplay mechanism.

Technically the game is still impressive. Looks and runs great. The only problem is the 60fps cap, and that's a shame because it would have been a great game to showcase 144hz monitors.
  26. Aug 30, 2015
    Just like the last game, totally p**sed me off as got to the last level and couldn't finish it! Will never buy another in the Wolfenstein series again. Why does there have to be a ridiculous ending that I ended up getting totally stressed out over so deleted the disc and sold it for the 2nd time in a row!! Get real Bethesda, there is no fun in this type of game!
  27. Jan 24, 2017
    A perfect prequel to New Order; The Old Blood is Nazi slaying at its finest. Not very long but thoroughly excellent all the way through, more emphasis on stealth, love the pipe weapon. There are still a few little annoying issues, like having to push a button to pick up ammo, armor etc. but because of the pure joy to be had you get over it pretty quick. I highly recommend this to anyoneA perfect prequel to New Order; The Old Blood is Nazi slaying at its finest. Not very long but thoroughly excellent all the way through, more emphasis on stealth, love the pipe weapon. There are still a few little annoying issues, like having to push a button to pick up ammo, armor etc. but because of the pure joy to be had you get over it pretty quick. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes balls to the wall shooters focused on story instead of multiplayer Expand
  28. May 15, 2015
    Immense, fun, excellent. Just a few things. Technical side of the game is horrible. Doesn't support SLi. Can't use 8k shadows, because it stutters [4790k, 32 gigs of ram, 4 way raid0, gtx 970 sli...].

I love the atmosphere, I love the humour, I love killing nazis [bad me, right? :)]. I love the stealth part, and compared to the New Order, stealth has a meaning here. I mean, when You manage to take out those two guys with radio silently, it really pays off...otherwise, be prepared for bloody carnage!

Another technical thing is slow load of textures. It really pisses me off. Besides these, the game is a bliss.
  29. May 18, 2015
    Good fun, though doesn't last all that long. People talking about having to lower the difficulty level (Compudoc this means you) really need to consider playing another type of game. Nothing too difficult in this one, but just hard enough (in places) to make it interesting. Good gameplay controls/mechanics and graphics make this a bit of a bargain game.
  30. Oct 22, 2016
    I really liked New Order, especially the alternate history they created, but I sort of craved for the old Wolfenstein. So in Old Blood, it felt great to crawl around in old german castles and villages again, and the supernatural part really brought back dear memories from previous titles. Great game, I wish they'll keep on making more traditional FPS like this.
  31. Nel
    Mar 21, 2017
    The game is fairly short around 6hours of gameplay, but has several collectables, and difficulties which makes it replayability value increase, but the story itself is not particularly strong, nor is it anything new or exciting, but rather a solid fps game.
  32. Aug 17, 2015
    Being a FPS fanatic since Wolfenstein 3D times, back in the 90's, I felt that this title was a must-buy.
    I was absolutely correct! Haven't played a good single-player shooter since Doom3, Old Blood felt like a reborn to the good story-driven FPS.
    Graphics are very good, story is awesome, characters are engaging and playing the game on the last difficult level is extremely rewarding! The extras and collectibles make the game even better. For 10 bucks, you can't argue!

All in all, the best single-player FPS launched in the last 10 years. It isn't a 10 just because of the lack of multiplayer.
  33. Oct 28, 2015
    Not as good as the main game due to a weak story plot, but the improved maps offering more paths and exploration definitely make this a desirable expansion. The game play is same as the last game, but I can't believe they skimped on the plot considering how good the writing was in the last game. It could have been better, but not a bad purchase for fans of TNO.
  34. JCH
    Dec 11, 2015
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is a prime example on how DLC should be done! Retaining the excellent gunplay, top notch sound design and beautiful graphics that made The New Order so good.
    For £15 this is an absolute bargain!!

35. Nov 11, 2015
    Familiar environments recall Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the 2009 Whether you want to go stealth or guns blazing, combat is the bloody heart of this experience small amount of money you'll get game which is longer than most other shooters
  36. Jan 17, 2017
    I had a blast playing this game. I picked it up on a PSN sale for like $7. Was well worth every penny. Without playing the first one for current gen I picked this up and was very pleased how much fun I had. If you're looking for a mindless shooter with some stealth mechanics then look no further. Great Graphics, awesome facial animations and voice acting. A.I. was actuallyI had a blast playing this game. I picked it up on a PSN sale for like $7. Was well worth every penny. Without playing the first one for current gen I picked this up and was very pleased how much fun I had. If you're looking for a mindless shooter with some stealth mechanics then look no further. Great Graphics, awesome facial animations and voice acting. A.I. was actually challenging and would flank you. If only Bethseda could make their fallout games look this good. Blasting Nazi never looked so beautiful!
    Took me about 7-8 hours to finish the game.
  37. Jul 19, 2017
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is a prequel to Wolfenstein: The New Order. As a prequel, it's a bit shorter with about half the campaign missions. However, it's still fulfilling to play, with diverse opportunities for either stealth or outright combat.

I enjoyed the story with the amount of time given. There are still wonderfully detailed environments and deeply flawed characters. The main objective is to acquire the plans for Castle Wolfenstein, which directly leads to The New Order. TNO begins with going to Castle Wolfenstein, so the plan is already successful, but the journey to get the plans is what's most important, with enough diversions away from the main plot to maintain interest and excitement.
  38. Jan 7, 2017
    Great expansion,really keeps you going,and it even has some better parts than The New Order.Wolfenstein fans will love this..Definetely worth the money.
  39. May 9, 2020
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood takes place just prior to the opening of Wolfenstein: The New Order, with agents William "B.J." Blazkowicz and Richard Wesley on a mission to infiltrate Castle Wolfenstein and obtain a top secret folder containing the location of a high level Nazi officer.

The Old Blood very much feels like it was originally designed as DLC for The New Order, but the core gameplay that effectively mixes stealth and over the top action, still remains relatively entertaining the second time around.
  40. May 31, 2016
    After playing through the incredible Wolfenstein: The New Order, couldn't wait to play The Old Blood, it has pretty much the exact same metacritic rating and it was very cheap.

The New Order grabbed me and continued to pull me in with each chapter. The prologue alone was fascinating and fun, and the story continued to be interesting and original, the gameplay was pretty great. It will remain one of the most memorable fps games In modern times.

My initial impression for The Old Blood wasn't as good as New Order. The first 5-10 minutes were fairly half-life-ish with a scripted and linear introduction to characters, but with a sprinkle of humour akin to New Order I remained optimistic. The game then seemed to devolve to bland and simple gameplay with no story, just shooting and walking, with a very similar visual style of the previous game. It just felt more of the same. The gameplay being what it is was still fairly enjoyable, the AI is decent and the guns are fun to use. But honestly I kind of got bored for the next 5 chapters. It wasn't until Chapter 6 (of 8!) that things actually got interesting, and for the last 2 chapters of this game I was on the edge of my seat having a great time, with the new (old) enemies.

I can't for the life of me understand why it took them until chapter 6 to start the actual game, it's only an 8 chapter game, if the events of chapter 6 were nearer to chapter, 2 or 3, and the whole rest of the game was more like that I'd say this is completely on par with The New Order. But sadly for two thirds of the game I was fairly bored, seeing more of the same as The New Order (but not as good).

So I thoroughly recommend this game, but I regret that it takes until the last 2 chapters to be great.

Half Life.
  41. Jun 16, 2017
    Welcome back to the roots.
    Welcome back to the roots.
    Wolfenstein is a good game. It has good sense of what makes bloody shooters fun. Game always never lose pace and keeps you engaged all the time. Gore is there and you feel every shot. Story is not great but it is fine for type of shooter like that. It has some interesting villians. Gameplay is fun, however almost all encounters are have same mechanics. You have to find officers and kill them in stealth mode or they would call for help until you kill them. So after couple hours you are getting little bit bored.
    Soundtrack is good. Especially song in final credits.
    Overall it is fine game but nothing spectacular.
  42. Jan 18, 2018
    Крутейшее DLC для, неожиданно лучшего шутера, за последнее время.
  43. Oct 12, 2020
    A mediocre shooter with a lackluster story but good gameplay. I find this game very underwhelming in a sense that the game is short and story is lackluster. sure the graphics are decent but this game has some charm to it. I give it credit for giving the player exploration and also have some collectibles. But this game has boring aesthetics and bland level design with some good soundA mediocre shooter with a lackluster story but good gameplay. I find this game very underwhelming in a sense that the game is short and story is lackluster. sure the graphics are decent but this game has some charm to it. I give it credit for giving the player exploration and also have some collectibles. But this game has boring aesthetics and bland level design with some good sound design. This game is just okay at best but mediocre. I think it is more of a traditional Wolfenstein game the TNO. It has great gunplay and tons of collectibles. It is more of a reimagining of Return to Castle Wolfenstein which I have yet to play. The positive is it is better than CoD MW3 which was mediocre in gameplay and multiplayer it didn't do anything fresh compared to WaW which was the first of it's kind. Expand
  44. Apr 28, 2017
    As far as quality nazi shooting go, Old Blood is doing a really good job. I grew up on Wolfenstein 3D, so some parts such as difficulty selection or secret Wolf3D level that even contained the same secret placements got my nostalgia all pumped up. I really like the fluidity of gameplay and various weapons. Few genuine funny moments too. Considering it's just a DLC i was also pleasantlyAs far as quality nazi shooting go, Old Blood is doing a really good job. I grew up on Wolfenstein 3D, so some parts such as difficulty selection or secret Wolf3D level that even contained the same secret placements got my nostalgia all pumped up. I really like the fluidity of gameplay and various weapons. Few genuine funny moments too. Considering it's just a DLC i was also pleasantly surprised by it's length, by the time I thought it's over it was just the half-time. Last but not least - the song that plays during final credits is an absolute monster track, I don't remember when I enjoyed final credits as much as here. Now I'm kinda tempted to play New Order. 8/10 Expand
  45. Oct 9, 2017
    Wolfenstein The Old Blood
    Not as impactful, but still good.
    The old blood is a prequel to Wolfenstein the new order set in 19 46 where you play as blazkowicz from the new order infiltrating castle Wolfenstein to steal the coordinates to general deathsheads compound This is a much shorter game, taking me a little less than 5 hours to complete with a less varied feeling campaign than the
    Wolfenstein The Old Blood
    Not as impactful, but still good.
    This is a much shorter game, taking me a little less than 5 hours to complete with a less varied feeling campaign than the new order…
    For the most part everything is the same, you have the same weapons, health and armour system from the new order.. though this time you have a crowbar pipe mix that you use to progress through the games world.
    And annoyingly these progression moments with the bar make you drop your massive gatline gun you just picked up
    The campaign feels like a very typical throwaway first person shooter compared to the new order..
    the story feels much less personal, and because of that I really wasn’t invested in the outcome of this story or the games world..
    It’s a lot of enemies around every corner like youd expect from a run and gun call of duty campaign..
    Rather than the decently paced new order..
    theres no breaks, no lockpicking, no climbing through different areas.. its just go forward and interact with things until the game is over, youre thrown right into the action non stop
    Though I found myself being more stealthy this time…
    As you are doing a lot of infiltration and there are giant armoured robot enemies patrolling areas, really cementing the idea of stealth in your mind.. and like the new order there are scouts walking around that will call for back up if theyre alarmed..
    And with the constant dozens of enemies, its worthwhile taking these scouts out as your health and armour will constantly feel drained…
    And I had a lot of fun sneaking around and taking them out with a silenced pistol.
    the world of the old blood is actually really cool and a bit spooky..
    The world design is easily my favorite part of this game as youll go from castle Wolfenstein, to a little villiage, to a graveyard, really mixing up the scenery to keep the game from feeling repetitive despite how repetitive it actually ends up being
    and towards the end the game turns into a zombie shooter as youre getting to the bottom of an unleashed dark ancient power that the Nazis are trying to use for themselves…
    The old blood has a cool campaign to run through…
    But its nothing youll remember long after youre done…
    Its essentially The New Order with none of the pacing or great storytelling..
    Just mindless shooting for 5 hours…
    Take that how you will.
    I give Wolfenstein The Old Blood
    a 7/10
  46. Jul 28, 2015
    This game is awesome. Although it's among the first titles released for the next-gen consoles, its graphics are much better that many newer games. The main story is terrific (though there are not side quests), with a considerable length, keeping fresh and interesting throughout the entire game.

The only con is the variety of weapons. For a game which story spans across many years and makes you face all sorts of enemies, I was expecting to get a hand on a larger weaponry.
  47. Mar 7, 2016
    Wolfenstein The Old Blood is a prequel taking place shortly before the events of The New Order. You still play as B.J Blazkowitz as he mercilessly unloads lead into hordes of Nazi's . The weapons and gameplay are still the same, the only difference is the campaign and the ares you explore. The campaign is a bit on the short side, only clocking in at around 7 hours, but to be fair, BethesdaWolfenstein The Old Blood is a prequel taking place shortly before the events of The New Order. You still play as B.J Blazkowitz as he mercilessly unloads lead into hordes of Nazi's . The weapons and gameplay are still the same, the only difference is the campaign and the ares you explore. The campaign is a bit on the short side, only clocking in at around 7 hours, but to be fair, Bethesda aren't charging people 60$ for it, Old Blood is only 20$ at the moment. I would recommend picking this game up for 20$ or 10$, but not 60$. Expand
  48. Jun 24, 2015
    This is a good FPS. And a good Stand-Alone Add on with only the 19.95e price tag.

If you liked New Order this is a must buy. And If you didn't play it. You can start with this one too.
  49. May 15, 2018
    Not an amazing shooter, but one that is fun enough to play through at least once.
  50. Jan 9, 2018
    All in all, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is a good game.
    For an add-on, it has a really long, 12-15 hours of playtime. But it can get a bit boring at times... Especially in the first half when I often felt like, I would rather watch it as a movie than playing it. I was just gunning through the enemies while waiting for the next cut-scene..
    But the second half really changed my mind, the
    All in all, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is a good game.
    But the second half really changed my mind, the gameplay suddenly became rapid and exciting, and I started the enjoy it again.
    If you played The New Order or want to jump in Wolfenstein, than I would suggest the game.
  51. May 15, 2019
    As a big fan of both reboot Wolfenstein games, I was looking forward to finally giving this one a go. It's a lot smaller in scale compared to its big brother The New Order, but it takes advantage of its own restrictions by essentially making an updated version of an old Wolfenstein, while still incorporating the strengths of new Wolf's storytelling. You really get a sense of impending doomAs a big fan of both reboot Wolfenstein games, I was looking forward to finally giving this one a go. It's a lot smaller in scale compared to its big brother The New Order, but it takes advantage of its own restrictions by essentially making an updated version of an old Wolfenstein, while still incorporating the strengths of new Wolf's storytelling. You really get a sense of impending doom from the very beginning, as if BJ has already given in to the idea of a war lost to the Nazis. Despite this, he soldiers on determined to continue the fight against all odds, and that's why he's such a strong and interesting protagonist.

The game essentially peaks in its first half, then when the zombies showed up I could feel my eyes glazing over more and more by the second. The ending boss fight is brilliant fun and an actual challenge. It's the kind of fight which solidifies my opinion that the Wolfenstein games are some of the best in the modern FPS genre in the way MachineGames has essentially made movement and cover firing fun, which no one has ever done before to my knowledge (Titanfall 2 being the obvious exception). Overall, a very solid entry that makes me even more excited for the upcoming Wolfenstein: Youngblood.
  52. May 24, 2020
    A very fun game with an ok story this not as good as the the Old order What is a budget price game I would recommend it plus it looks gorgeous sometimes
  53. Jun 9, 2019
    I must be a sucker for punishment hoping beyond hope one of the reboots will have some of the classic Wolfenstein magic of old. It is like they rebooted the weak 2009 version of Wolfenstein and not the actual classics, oh well.

This is best of the worst in that this has less cut scenes and character development than the other reboots. Let's face it the other rebooted games writing and stories was total trash. So the less of all that the better in this one for sure.

Well it is all about the game play right? Stealth was very boring, So going loud was a lot fun. I had more fun causing the alerts on purpose. So I could fight through the waves of reinforcements on the way to the commanders to end the alert status. A competent shooter, but I can't see myself ever becoming a hardcore fan. Ok, but not a must play.
  54. Apr 21, 2020
    A list of things that are an American pastime are, overeating, caring about celebrities home life, and killing Nazis. Well one of those things is really in left field but regardless aloha everyone B-rod is here again to talk about Wolfenstein Old Blood. This is a standalone DLC for The New Order that acts as a prequel. So yes we are back in WW2 and I've never been happier to paint it inA list of things that are an American pastime are, overeating, caring about celebrities home life, and killing Nazis. Well one of those things is really in left field but regardless aloha everyone B-rod is here again to talk about Wolfenstein Old Blood. This is a standalone DLC for The New Order that acts as a prequel. So yes we are back in WW2 and I've never been happier to paint it in blood.

The story is you are back as BJ Blazkowicz or as some may know him as America Bloodman, and you are infiltrating castle Wolfenstein. Your mission is to find and steal this folder that tells you where the evil General Deathshead is located at. For those of you that have played The New Order that is the first mission. The story is great it has suspenseful moments that have me on the edge of my seat like I am watching Game of Thrones. The real crazy thing is that BJ is a boring **** character, but the Nazis are the ones with interesting backstory and dialog that just makes you want to stab them in the face with a rusty pipe. I was thinking the story was going to focus on this character you save in a tavern, but they said **** that we need more Nazi killing" and threw her to the side; which to that I say thank you. The story takes a helluva turn in the third act, and for those of you that know what I am talking about I must say I want more games to surprise me like this did. The story isn't as deep as New Order was, but it was still a fun experience I would like to visit in the future.

The game of course looks beautiful, they just used the same engine they used with The New Order so of course it'd look good. The voice acting and sounds are all fantastic as well I really can't think of anything wrong in the sound and graphic department.

The gameplay is amazing, seriously if you haven't played the new Wolfenstein series you need to jump on it. My biggest complaint is in the very beginning when you are sneaking around the castle. You have to sneak around turning off generators, and if you get seen you are basically ****ed. It is so tedious I was just pissed off the entire time I was playing that part. Some may argue it provided with some new gameplay to the run and gun shooting. I say with a four hour story there is no need for annoying stealth missions. Those of you that missed New Order the gameplay is amazing it mixes modern day shooters with classic Id Wolfenstein. Which means no regenerating health and you must pick up bullets and armour as you see them. The game on normal is very challenging it doesn't **** around. I will say it has no replay value that drives me nuts. All you can do is try to play on a harder difficulty and find the rest of the collectables.

Overall this series is fast becoming my favorite FPS games on the market, and it actually has me excited for Doom 4. I will say $17 for a four hour story seems a bit pricey for those on a budget. While the story was amazing it had little replay value outside of collecting and going through the story again it doesn't strike much of a bargain. I give this a strong 4/5 this is a great DLC that didn't seem tacked on at all. I leave with a question. What else can they do to make killing Nazis interesting?
  55. Jun 6, 2018
    Lo mejor:
    No pierde nada de la esencia del original New Order
    Por el PVP es una duración mas que digna y tiene momentos para todos los gustos. Un final bastante interesante Variedad de escenarios, se agradece en como pasas de unos a otros a buen ritmo. Lo Peor: No hay variedad de enemigos No hay variedad de armas, ( solo un par nuevas ) Mi sensación es que la ultima parte te la
    Lo mejor:
    No pierde nada de la esencia del original New Order
    Un final bastante interesante
    Variedad de escenarios, se agradece en como pasas de unos a otros a buen ritmo.

Lo Peor:
    No hay variedad de enemigos
    No hay variedad de armas, ( solo un par nuevas )
    Mi sensación es que la ultima parte te la puedes pasar simplemente corriendo...
  56. Aug 26, 2020
    Still very good.In some ways looks better then New Order, But zombies dont make every game better ;)
  57. Feb 23, 2019
    'Old Blood' is a large extension to 'The New Order' and is in fact its prequel. It’s about half as long as 'The New Order', nevertheless, its gameplay and settings take us back to the roots of Wolfenstein! Indeed, there are numerous similarities with the original PC/Xbox episode, so 'Old Blood' mixes what made 'RTCW' so great, with the new elements in the series, making this game one of'Old Blood' is a large extension to 'The New Order' and is in fact its prequel. It’s about half as long as 'The New Order', nevertheless, its gameplay and settings take us back to the roots of Wolfenstein! Indeed, there are numerous similarities with the original PC/Xbox episode, so 'Old Blood' mixes what made 'RTCW' so great, with the new elements in the series, making this game one of the best Wolfenstein games yet, absolutely brilliant! Expand
  58. Aug 14, 2019
    Terrible shooting, cant aim in this game. Challenge levels is s**t, greate idea to add this when you release game on consoles.
  59. Jul 2, 2020
    This was very well done for a Bethesda game. I had a lot of fun playing it.

Pros:great storyline, excellent gun play, wide variety of weapons, and challenging from start to finish.

Cons:If you have issues stretching your imagination or if you are expecting a period exact replication in game form this will not be a good game for you.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. Games Master UK
    Aug 5, 2015
    Has all the mechanics of its progenitor, but lacks the magic that made it such a hit. [Aug 2015, p.70]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jun 30, 2015
    The brutal pacing soon exhausts. [July 2015, p.86]
  3. Jun 29, 2015
    If you liked The New Order, you will definitely enjoy this game. It may not be too long and might not have much content to offer, but as a standalone prequel The Old Blood more than delivers on its promise.