6.3

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Apr 16, 2019
    Not too bad of a game. Its basically Left 4 Dead with 4 different scenarios that have 3 parts to complete each. Runs well and looks pretty good. Does need more content, but then again Left 4 Dead charged $60 bucks for around the same amount of content or less, but this is only $40....Fun as hell with friends and is clearly meant to be played multiple times....
  2. Apr 16, 2019
    Very good game. Basically Left4Dead3. The hordes of zombies are really impressive.
  3. Apr 28, 2019
    Although better than the movie, unfortunately, World War Z doesn’t quite meet the standards of Left 4 Dead. There is some fun to be had with friends mowing down hordes of zombies and playing online however after playing through the rinse-and-repeat story missions, I find myself much less interested in the game with no motivation to want to play any of the levels more than once.

Read the

Read the full review here: https://dailygamingreport.co.uk/world-war-z/review/
  4. Oct 25, 2019
    Very bad game.. I'll regret by buying it on my ps4....stupid mechanics and stupid shooting with the whale bug of bugs...
  5. Nov 10, 2019
    GOOD GAME,but after the recent update it lags so much on consoles,because if u shot a big number of zombies,every hit marker lowers your FPS rate.On console
    Unplayable right now :(
  6. Apr 19, 2019
    This game is fun.
    No microtransactions i can find.
    Buy it on sale unless you have friends then its a no brainer. It looks good and runs well on ultra 1060 60fps. Its not deep or big or original or creative but its solid which few zombie games are. Theyve kept it small and as a result its incompetent and capable. The single player works with decent ai which is a first for me.
    This game is fun.
    No microtransactions i can find.

Theyve kept it small and as a result its incompetent and capable.

The single player works with decent ai which is a first for me. Your ai team will have your back though youll have to do the heavy lifting. There are no bosses which is a real missed opportunity. The progression system is very average but theres plenty to do.

Sound and music is average.
    Gamplay is good.
    Lastability is what ever you make it but id like to see more free content within a month.

The game can be scary and thrilling. The sequel could be great. If you love zombies its a no brainer (lol) and maybe a good fix while waiting on dayz gone.
  7. Apr 24, 2019
    Yes its a L4D Clone, but its fun and if the fix the movement, add a dodge move and give more incentives for sneaking it could be really good.
  8. Apr 18, 2019
    Bit of a surprise this one as I expected it to be disappointing but so far have really enjoyed it. Well worth a blast with some mates and some beers.

The horde dynamics are pretty cool and it's always exciting when you start getting surrounded or swarmed, well worth it for the price
  9. Apr 21, 2019
    The game has a fun progression system, but the constant buggyness holds it back. I have ran into a bug daily since release, and it has really killed my enjoyment for the game.

If you are hoping to play with friends, it's a gamble whether or not you can invite them. Some people can, others can't. There are no check points, so if you bug out (which happens often) you have to restart

There are no check points, so if you bug out (which happens often) you have to restart with 0 progress gained.

The past days since release there has been constant connection errors online. And when you do join, half of the people I have seen are either hackers or extremely toxic. (I was doing a higher difficulty with a low level, and someone just kept shooting me every time I respawned claiming we were going to lose anyways.)

And even if you do play offline, despite what people say, the bots are garbage. But they're probably designed that way so they don't nick things important to you. They don't pick up any new items, and when you set up defenses you have to do it all by yourself. Not to mention any mission where you have to haul multiple of the objective back to a point you have to do that solo too.

With all that negativity, what does this game offer over left 4 dead? The progression system lets you upgrade guns you use frequently, and you get experience for classes which have special abilities (some let you hit more than one target with a melee ability, others let you rez people from a distance, etc.) and get different special equipment, like grenades or stun guns. This alone is what got me into the game, but since I'm usually playing solo and my team comp is just AI with aimbots with no abilities I never get to see classes shine.

Sound design and enemy, design compared to L4D is also lackluster. Bombs feel like they're smothered by wet paper towels, along with grenade launchers. You go to different locations but the "Bull" (charger) special infected always has POLICE on it. One enemy spawns more zombies but it usually is too far away to shoot, and happens during defenses which is where you're already shooting a large amount of zombies so you can't kill it and get easily overrun.

If the devs ever get around to fixing the numerous bugs and getting online stable, it'll already be out on steam and they'll be doing the same **** over again. Wait for left 4 dead 3, if it even exists.
  10. Apr 16, 2019
    If Left 4 Dead, Days Gone and the movie World War Z had a baby this would be it.
    Everything is great about this game the story is very well done with moments that really makes you feel like you are inside a World War Z movie but the characters are your typical PC generic cast so you won't be playing as Brad Pit.
    The gameplay is really fun but the shooting could be better and more

The gameplay is really fun but the shooting could be better and more responsive but it might be hard to make all the NPC react well when they need to put hundreds on screen at once. You can blow the heads of the zombies though.

The graphics are good but there is a big lack of color and the effects are not impressive.

For what this game is though it's the best the devs could have done, if anything you can look at it like the MP version of Days Gone but it also works great as a singleplayer game so 10/10.
  11. Apr 16, 2019
    it's fun and not hard. I love this, relax after work. It would be nice to add a battleroyal here))
  12. Apr 16, 2019
    Basically L4D3. Awesome game! Team work is a key. Beautiful graphics, so satisfying to massacre hordes of zombies man!
  13. Apr 16, 2019
    Take the gameplay and structure of Left 4 Dead (switched to third person), throw in the class progression of Killing Floor 2, slap on the World War Z license and have a blast! You took too long Valve, somebody made Left 4 Dead 3 for ya!
  14. Apr 16, 2019
    Apparently for some, if you like this game, you're being paid for it. This is ridiculous. I bought the game and I really liked it. Remember L4D, but with a more interesting character progression, because now we have levels skills, we have classes to choose from, we have weapon upgrades. The game is fun and worth the money for those who miss a L4D style game.
  15. Apr 16, 2019
    Fun and nice quality with an appropriate price. shame some people rush the co-op and I had some lagg. But the lag and bugs are pretty rare.
    beautiful and unique zombie game and the multiplayer pvp is tons of fun as well, I love the way zombies are thrown into it as well.
  16. Apr 16, 2019
    Fun game, cheap price, good aiming mechanics, good graphics, good co-op play, support it!
  17. Apr 18, 2019
    Trust me when I say it's not worth the current price. It's a great game until you reach the final mission then you're like.. What now?.. I payed so much money for a game I finished in roughly 4 hours. It needs a lot more content and I regret paying so much for this game.
  18. Apr 16, 2019
    Outstanding! Just like left 4 dead 3 we all been waiting for so long! Horde swarms are amazing.
  19. Jun 5, 2019
    This game is an absolute blast in co-op. The campaign consists of 11 levels over 4 episodes (3 levels for episodes 1-3 and 2 for episode 4) and potentially more in future updates. The levels themselves are well designed and the waves of zombies that come after you and at the speed they charge at you is utterly terrifying and adrenaline rushing. The game has 5 difficulty settings with 1This game is an absolute blast in co-op. The campaign consists of 11 levels over 4 episodes (3 levels for episodes 1-3 and 2 for episode 4) and potentially more in future updates. The levels themselves are well designed and the waves of zombies that come after you and at the speed they charge at you is utterly terrifying and adrenaline rushing. The game has 5 difficulty settings with 1 being easy and 5 being insane. I have been playing on normal difficulty and I recommend people don't play any lower than normal or the game becomes too lenient, forgiving and easy.

One thing I will say on the other hand is that the pvp modes are a different story. They are very run of the mill and generic modes like deathmatch, king of the hill etc with a twist that is you have to fight zombie hordes while also attacking other players. This is great in theory but the execution is poor. When zombie waves come in, the PS4 frame-rate tanks and the server starts struggling to handle everything so it becomes hard to play as enemies and zombies alike start to teleport like crazy and gameplay starts feeling awfully sluggish.

One other criticism is that the game has no actual proper survival mode so if you want to fight endless waves of zombies like Call of Duty or anything like that you are unfortunately out of luck as you will be stuck with the co-op missions. This mind you isn't inherently a bad thing as the co-op missions themselves are already incredibly challenging and a ton of fun so the lack of a survival mode isn't a deal breaker to me personally, but will instead be a bonus if added in a future update.

The lack of a survival mode and the sub par multiplayer are the reasons why I have given this game an 8/10 but with the inclusion of a survival mode this would bump up to a 9/10 easily. I highly recommend this game for an incredibly fun and adrenaline rushing co-op experience to be played with friends but I would definitely avoid the multiplayer as it seems to be more of an afterthought than anything else and will damage your experience of what is otherwise a superb co-op experience.

Edit: One month later and the game is not getting a massive amount of support from the devs. In one month they have added one new mission and one new zombie type. At this point if you haven't bought it already, you should consider waiting for a sale until the devs add more content (especially the survival/horde mode which has now officially been confirmed.)
  20. Apr 16, 2019
    Fantastic game. If you like L4D you’ll love this. Huge hordes and it’s a lot of fun especially when you’re playing with friends.
  21. Apr 16, 2019
    There have been many games trying to revive the Left for Dead franchise and I think this is the closest someone has come.
  22. Apr 17, 2019
    Very much like other reviews, WWZ is a third-person Left 4 Dead (L4D) clone with added features like class and leveling systems. It has the same drawbacks and pros with L4D, great combat with random and engaging zombie encounters. The "special" zombies are reskinned L4D special, but that formula worked there and did so here as well. The biggest con is sometimes teammates run off, or theVery much like other reviews, WWZ is a third-person Left 4 Dead (L4D) clone with added features like class and leveling systems. It has the same drawbacks and pros with L4D, great combat with random and engaging zombie encounters. The "special" zombies are reskinned L4D special, but that formula worked there and did so here as well. The biggest con is sometimes teammates run off, or the teamwork is not existent. Additionally, some audio hiccups are present especially with explosives. Thankfully you can hone your skills in a singleplayer mod with bots. I believe Mad Dog Games knew what they were working with here and are cashing in off a title, but despite that, they were smart to give it a $39.99 price point and make it a fun shooter experience.

I highly recommend it to all fans of L4D or shooting down zombies in general.
  23. Apr 17, 2019
    I love this game. Simple but this enough. 16 character, 12 map, 5difficulty, 6class, ton of weapons/accesories/skill.
  24. Apr 17, 2019
    That one critic review (as for now) amuses me, How did he manage to form an objective opinion about the game the same day it was released? Did he run by himself with just bots on easiest difficulty for half an hour? That's obviously not the way the game is supposed to be played. Any game, for that matter.
  25. Apr 17, 2019
    I would have given this game an 8-9, but because of the clear review bombing below I am upping the score to a 10. This game is super fun. It is mindless zombie action best played with friends. I agree with the guy below - there is now way this is worth less than a 7. The game is beyond insane in certain areas. It isn't Left4Dead because the action was nowhere near as intense in thatI would have given this game an 8-9, but because of the clear review bombing below I am upping the score to a 10. This game is super fun. It is mindless zombie action best played with friends. I agree with the guy below - there is now way this is worth less than a 7. The game is beyond insane in certain areas. It isn't Left4Dead because the action was nowhere near as intense in that game. Streamers are loving it and the one guy who gave a "critic" review was clearly doing it as clickbait. I would say a solid 8 is much more accurate. I will say it is much more fun online and Sony PSN was down yesterday so I haven't played as much as I would like. Expand
  26. Apr 19, 2019
    It's one of the worst games I've played in my life, the AI ​​is extremely stupid, the enemies are completely idiots, there is no challenge in the game, the targets are very bad, there is no sense in anything that is ago, many missions end in a very foolish way. The bots are useless, they do not know how to heal themselves, they do not defend or help. It is a copy of very poor quality ofIt's one of the worst games I've played in my life, the AI ​​is extremely stupid, the enemies are completely idiots, there is no challenge in the game, the targets are very bad, there is no sense in anything that is ago, many missions end in a very foolish way. The bots are useless, they do not know how to heal themselves, they do not defend or help. It is a copy of very poor quality of l4d2 in the third person, l4d2, a game of the year 2009 has better graphics, artificial intelligence, objectives, history and a great etc. compared to wwz, if the game was on Steam it would be a complete failure, OTWD was bad, but WWZ is not much better. Expand
  27. Apr 17, 2019
    It will be awesome if there is more special zombies or bosses in the game.Hope that they will increase more maps in the future.Overall is quite a decent game.
  28. Apr 17, 2019
    I see it's getting review bombed. It's decent game actually.
    And EGS sucks.
  29. Apr 17, 2019
    This game is pretty good. It's looks like L4D but better. PvE levels are awesome, PvP, as for me, badly balanced. I hope that this game will have few patches and DLCs with new content and better PvP modes.
  30. Jun 12, 2019
    Left 4 Dead 3... this is the game I've been waiting 10 years for. At first I was a little sceptical about the class system but it adds a layer of depth. No doubt best played with 3 friends, but still good with 1 or 2, most randoms take it serious like L4D not many toxic players and the difficulty is a great challenge.
  31. Apr 18, 2019
    Very mixed feelings.
    Once the initial excitement of the huge hordes wears off, you're faced with quite the shallow game.
    The missions are very much A -> B and defend against a swarm. After the first New York mission, you've already experienced most of the game. Regarding the perk system and the weapon upgrades, again, i am mixed about it. If you can survive a campaign with no upgrades
    Very mixed feelings.
    Regarding the perk system and the weapon upgrades, again, i am mixed about it. If you can survive a campaign with no upgrades initially, is there really any point in this?
    It's very much down to YOU reading this, if you get excited by gameplay footage and the thought of laying waste to massive hordes with friends then go for it. But if you've played very similar games (L4D1+2) then you will tire of this very quickly.
  32. Apr 21, 2019
    The game is good. It’s not left4dead exactly if that’s what you are looking for, so be wary of that.
    What it’s not good is that they released it unfinished. There are obvious signs of that ( the absence of private lobbies is the clearest example, in a game like this that’s a must). I hope they have a good plan to compensate players for that because this game is heavily dependent on player population on servers. But i digress, in summary.
    Pros:
    • good, fun gameplay. Satisfying gun mechanics.
    • varied missions. Really fun with hordes
    • Good progression mechanics. Elongates the game
    • class system works surprisingly good in such a game
    • cheaper price can make us forgive a bit some of the cons

Cons:
    • unfinished game, many bugs and crashes. Hope they fix it fast
    • Short, needs more content like missions and more special zombies or different kind of hordes maybe? There are a lot of lost opportunities with bosses and situations they can put you in.
    • Feels overall like it needs more polishing, like a beta of sorts.

TL;DR: good game, not exactly left4dead but better in some aspects (progression, more suited for modern game standards). It’s a 40$ game so don’t expect perfection. Definitely needs more content and it was launched incomplete but they know it and are working on it. If you’re gonna play it with friends it’s a no brainer
  33. Apr 22, 2019
    Great game by itself and a total blast playing on-line coop. Upgrade system is rewording although weapon upgrades can be a grind.
  34. Apr 19, 2019
    World war z is a wild game in a good sense of the word.Board a good coop game,I did not play.Everything is here for a good time.Multiplayer top guns a lot.The graphics and music of course harcout,but it's not peshay enjoy the game.In General I advise everyone!
  35. Apr 20, 2019
    Сумасшедшая беготня, стрельба и воспоминания о L4D - это из плюсов. Минусы - мало контента, маловато разновидностей фауны зомби, локации прямолинейные. Твердая семерка.
    но за ностальгию о L4D, усердие при создании и "будущие дополнения" +1. Итого 8.
    ps и где боссы? где боссы? где боссы? мы в Мордоре любим крошить боссов.

ps
    и где боссы? где боссы? где боссы? мы в Мордоре любим крошить боссов.
  36. Apr 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is really good game. More fun. I feel old, good L4D. I will spend more time in WWZ :) Expand
  37. Apr 17, 2019
    The missions are repetitive (Go there, activate that, defend that, go to the extract point.)

I finished the game in 4-5 hours, and i have to say that i felt kinda bored, the objectives are too repetitive and the game felt a bit to easy even though i played on Normal and sometimes on Hard. The Zombie Hordes are really easy to kill, just aim for the base or throw some grenades and

The Zombie Hordes are really easy to kill, just aim for the base or throw some grenades and that's all.

Some zombies are direct rip-offs from Left 4 Dead, Some Exemples:

The Hunter from Left 4 Dead is now called The Creeper.

The Creeper waits for the player to come to him and then he jumps on the player, just like in Left 4 Dead.

The Charger from Left 4 Dead is now called The Bull.

Just like in Left 4 Dead he rushes into you and grabs you.

Weapon Customization is something you need to play with.

You will need to choose a Class in order to get better at the game. There are exactly 6 Classes. Gunslinger, Hellraiser, Medic, Fixer, Slasher, Exterminator.

You can make each class better, because it has Skills you can unlock with Currency you earn via playing. You can get Faster Reload, You can start with a gun, Make grenades explode on impact, just to name a few.

The Episodes are the story the game offers you.

You have 4 Episodes, New York, Jerusalem, Moscow and Tokyo. Each episode has 3 chapters (Tokyo has only 2 chapters). Each Episode is designed in a very unique way, for exemple in the first Chapter of New York you are in a Plaza, in the first Chapter of Tokyo you are in a city and you head for the highway. You learn everything you need to know about the game since the 1st Chapter from New York, No new stuff after that.

Verdict:

Cons: Gets Repetitive, Animations are sometimes bad, The Game is easy overall, AI is retarded sometimes, The Story.

Pros: The Graphics, Sound Effects, Gun Play.

It's Left 4 Dead with a grain of The Division.
  38. Apr 19, 2019
    @ just 40$ to purchase i must admit i was worried to buy this game. Y the sudden price drop @ the last minute? but after months of anticipation i took the plunge...AND BOY AM I GLAD I DID!!! this game is pure FUN and MADNESS the Zombie AI is top notch and the way the game is built its nearly impossible to go off on your own and succeed. think left 4 Dead meets The division all the best@ just 40$ to purchase i must admit i was worried to buy this game. Y the sudden price drop @ the last minute? but after months of anticipation i took the plunge...AND BOY AM I GLAD I DID!!! this game is pure FUN and MADNESS the Zombie AI is top notch and the way the game is built its nearly impossible to go off on your own and succeed. think left 4 Dead meets The division all the best parts of both Expand
  39. Apr 20, 2019
    Very good . New Left4Dead !!! coop is very funny, more and more zombies))!! Simple, fast!
  40. Apr 21, 2019
    Fun game like Left 4 Dead. It looks like a movie. Waiting for updates. I want more zombies!
  41. Apr 18, 2019
    Очень классная игра, в которую стоит поиграть, да не шедевр, но давно таких бодрых зомби-шутанов не встречал
  42. Apr 16, 2019
    Awesome game. Fulfills my L4D desires perfectly. PvP is fun once you get bored of killing zombies (which you wont) and a developer on twitter already confirmed they're working on a horde mode, Tokyo map, and more modes/maps to come in the future. Definitely worth the $40.
  43. Apr 16, 2019
    Very entertaining video game. For $ 40 it is very worthwhile and more if you are going to play the game with friends because in that case the fun multiplies.
  44. Apr 16, 2019
    Insane festival of a dead army disintegration. Playable alone but damn funny with friends, especially if you love l4d
  45. Apr 16, 2019
    It reminds me of Left 4 Dead but with character progression, weapon leveling and adding russian and asian characters, which is always nice
  46. Apr 17, 2019
    You wanted Left4Dead 3? You've come to the right place mate.

Pros: The hordes of zombies aren't mashed potatoes. They just look like one. They are actual individual zombies you shoot (peel) off, one by one. Whoever that did the design on the mechanics of this, gets the FUQIN AWESOME DUDE/DUDETTE AWARD! Cons: Game crashed once. Yeah, it's new release. Sometimes I get mad,
    You wanted Left4Dead 3? You've come to the right place mate.

Cons: Game crashed once. Yeah, it's new release. Sometimes I get mad, sometimes I don't because the game's amazing. I mean, AMAZING.
  47. Apr 16, 2019
    Ever since L4D came out on Xbox 360, Sony fans have been dying for something that could bring that experience to their console. This is the best you will get to that experience. You may some reviews complain about lack of story, but L4D was the exact same. Basically you have the scenario of "Zombies are everywhere! Survive and get out of there!". Honestly, do you need anything moreEver since L4D came out on Xbox 360, Sony fans have been dying for something that could bring that experience to their console. This is the best you will get to that experience. You may some reviews complain about lack of story, but L4D was the exact same. Basically you have the scenario of "Zombies are everywhere! Survive and get out of there!". Honestly, do you need anything more from every zombie game? Not all experiences need a drawn out story. Even make your own story from your experience. Make it a fun, silly, scary, gory adventure that will make you enjoy your little escape. Sometimes you just need a fun little adrenaline rush, and this game will deliver.

The fact that there is a character and weapon progression system makes it even more fun. Plus if you are someone that wants to experience the game as how L4D was then you don't have to acquire any new skills and weapons and you have the freedom to play it as is. You have the freedom to make the game how you would like to play it.

For the price I feel the game has enough content for the money you put down. L4D was $60 when it was released, and you got about the same amount of content. Now this game is only $40 and not only do you get the same basic content, but you get improved graphics and a progression system.

If you are just looking for a fun zombie game to play alone or with some friends, and you are just wanting to jump into the action and cause some chaos then I would recommend you check this out. If you need a zombie game that has more story to it, then pick up Resident Evil 2. Both are good choices! Be optimistic, have fun, and game on.
  48. Apr 17, 2019
    this game is easy to get into.it plays like The division but with hoardes of Zombies.
    not really much depth, just find these, open this, get to there shoot and mele enemies with online friends.you all band together to help eachother fight the zombies which are in massive numbers.I am sure that is why there is no single player mode.
    it is amazing how much is going on in the game without
    it is amazing how much is going on in the game without it crashing.
    Weapons are good and there is a system tree to level your character in the class you choose with points you earn.the levels add much diversity, some small, some big. just a lot of fun.
    a good party game when you want something to just put in your console or pc and get shooting.
  49. Apr 16, 2019
    First off, I played about 4 hours of the game. Anyone who scored this lower then a 5 is salty because they thought this game was going to be either "the best zombie game ever" or "its the next Left 4 Dead" If you watch any of the gameplay you would see that those thoughts are not right.

If you thinking this is going to play like Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor 2 you are mistaken. The game plays like World War Z Movie or book. If you think the will be only 4 zombies behide the door you will pay for it with your life. The game is a without a doubt unforgiving. Almost everything is randomly spawn in, include items to help you with on "hold the stage" levels. Yes they are bugs and people need time to catch up to this learning curve.

Pros:
    -A solid third person zombie shooting game with some good solid game-play be hide it
    - Multiplayer with some game modes that haven't been explored yet in the zombie genre shooters
    - All around fun game with a large weapon classes and the leveling system of both classes and weapons

Cons
    - Lack of content. because it has little to should be around 25 dollar instead of the 35 dollars (PC)
    - The type of special zombies are also lacking, you will find your self facing 3 "bulls" tanks instead of 10 types of zombies that keep you on your toes

All and all the game is pretty good. If you don't want to spend 35 dollars on the game then I would wait until it goes on sale because you probably be disappointed.
  50. Apr 17, 2019
    It not Left 4 Dead, but who has been expecting this...well...you should wait for Dying Light 2 or Days Gone probably.

But this game is extremely funny - get few friends and smash few (hundreds) of Z's, then go do something else. This game is totally ok for this purpose. Maybe price is little bit high for this game, but you can still wait. Anyway - I enjoyed gameplay, mechanics. It

Maybe price is little bit high for this game, but you can still wait.
    Anyway - I enjoyed gameplay, mechanics. It is nice game for turning off your brain and chilling.
    I hope more content will be arrive soon, because now it is little bit vague after while, but if the developers will be adding new content, then this game will be great by time.
  51. Apr 17, 2019
    Horrible game, even left for dead is currently more fun! Wait for it to be updated or just don't buy it.
  52. Apr 16, 2019
    180 TL Olan Bir Oyun İçin Gayet Yeterli İçerik Sunuyor Tavsiyem Oyunu Zorda Oynamanız Kolay Mod da OYnadıgınızda Pek bir Eğlencesi Kalmıyor
  53. Apr 18, 2019
    I think this game is great. It's just like Left 4 Dead 2 but updated for 2019. Better graphics, way more zombies on screen at once, and smooth gameplay. I would say it's even better than L4D simply because there is a progression system that L4D never had. They only problem I have with the game are the points you get at the end of finishing a level (you use these points to unlock newI think this game is great. It's just like Left 4 Dead 2 but updated for 2019. Better graphics, way more zombies on screen at once, and smooth gameplay. I would say it's even better than L4D simply because there is a progression system that L4D never had. They only problem I have with the game are the points you get at the end of finishing a level (you use these points to unlock new weapons and perks for your class). You always get 250 per level no matter what you do. So, you can literally do nothing and still get 250 vs you do all the work and only get 250. Star Wars Battlefield 2 had this problem. Expand
  54. Apr 16, 2019
    killing zombies make very good feeling. after work playing this game will so chill.
  55. Apr 16, 2019
    awful at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really this game is like from 2000, mechanics 0,
    graphics nothing special, story 0, AI horrible, should be fine for free game
  56. Apr 16, 2019
    This game is cheap and fun, this game is like the movie but i wish the main character in the movie was in the game, I would love that. Also I pre-ordered it and enjoying the co-op
  57. Apr 18, 2019
    World War Z is perfect for players who want a challenge but at the same time, want to just have a chill zombie game.

In terms of gameplay, it's pretty much Left 4 Dead but with skills, the skills are similar to Payday series. If you really like crazy zombie shooting game, I suggest getting this game, it's definitely worth the money and it's not even a triple a title price, it's very close to an indie game title price
  58. Apr 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. How is a game from 2009 still so much better than this? The gunplay is very unsatisfying. It feels hollow. There's no weight to anything. The hordes looked cool in the videos I saw of this game. It's not enough to carry the experience.

It's also riddled with bugs! I keep spawning into missions and being unable to leave the area due to invisible walls! What!?
  59. Apr 18, 2019
    Having alot of fun with this. The character models are great and the backgrounds look good and varied. I really wish the zombies reacted better to gun fire tho. They fold like paper after a single shot or a swing of the blade. Also would love it if they fix the clunky animation over all. Like if you compare the animation when you are on the character select screen, the animation look goodHaving alot of fun with this. The character models are great and the backgrounds look good and varied. I really wish the zombies reacted better to gun fire tho. They fold like paper after a single shot or a swing of the blade. Also would love it if they fix the clunky animation over all. Like if you compare the animation when you are on the character select screen, the animation look good and the characters feel like they have weight. But when you are actually playing it doesn't look or feel as good, especially when you swing your Melee weapon . Very clunky. I also which they had an adaptive difficulty like left for dead, instead of having to select a difficulty, have the game decide to throw you waves of enemies depending on how well you are doing. Hard to find players in the higher difficulty and doing something more adaptive will help with that. In the final stage of the scenario there needs to be more of a threat, like in left for dead. I want that feeling of uncertainty, that feeling of not knowing if i will make it to end, that feeling of making it to the boat, helicopter or truck with the skin of my teeth

I like the game, just needs more love and polish to reach the heights of L4D. I'm hoping they add more chapters and characters. Even expand some of the current chapters like New York, would have loved if the new york chapter took place more on the streets of new york at night instead of mostly being in the subway
  60. Apr 17, 2019
    I'm a 40 year old casual gamer, but take my games seriously when I play them, if you catch my drift.

The game is a strange one. Sometimes it's very intense and genuinely thrilling, when watching hoards of infected comeing towards you. You can feel frantic and when the teamwork works, it's highly satisfying. There are other moments in the game where it feels super bland, ploddy and a

There are other moments in the game where it feels super bland, ploddy and a little floaty. The levels are designed with arcade type play in mind, and there are plenty of ridiculously unrealistic items blocking your path. There's not much room for strategy, and it certainly doesn't feel open, but that's not always a bad thing.

The characters reflect the gameplay. Sometimes ineteresting, sometimes not. There isn't enough information about them to really care about them, and there is no real change in gameplay or tactics depending on who you pick. The character models in game look really good though and would probably be my favorite thing about the game. Solid, detailed and well animated.

Gunplay is a bit unsatisfying. I just went from this to Titanfall 2, and the T2 guns feel 10,000 times more real and satisfying. I would have liked more bombastic firing and sound, instead we get fast or slow peashooters in my opinion.

This is a game that I'm sure will have it's fans, especially if the team make some fundemental changes, but unfortunately, I can see it going down the road of being a PSN game given away one month. It very much has that kind of feel to me.

Very hard to score, but at the moment, it has to be a 6/10 with me feeling charitable. Sorry, i wanted to love it, I really did.
  61. Apr 21, 2019
    Very good game, the amount of zombies are really scary. I personally play on PS4 and there are no lags or framerate drops. The graphics are simple but good. It would be even better if they had other DUB except for English.

It's a game worth playing! Buy it!
  62. Apr 16, 2019
    Non-polished game.

Has potential, but no private lobbies and many random crashes really ruin the experience.
  63. Apr 17, 2019
    This is the best coop game since LFD!!! Play with your friends on at least 4 stars difficulty for true experience! huge maps, great challenge (on 4 stars), supportive narrative, beautiful characters, deep and useful progression and upgrades system, massive replayability, best gunfire experience ever, millions of zombies
  64. Apr 16, 2019
    Great game. Killing zombies is a very rewarding feeling, and the dismemberment system is great!
  65. Apr 24, 2019
    Это просто бездумная стрельба, зажал кнопку и смотри как зомби падают. Можно сказать, что это Left 4 Dead на минималках, прям совсем на минималках
  66. Apr 17, 2019
    this is better than overkill's the walking dead... its like im playing l4d.
  67. Apr 16, 2019
    Not enough content for a £35 game. It feels like a good Indie game at best. Graphics are nothing special, the AI when playing solo is shocking. People comparing it to L4D are right but L4D was released 2008 and WWZ looks and plays like a game from that time period. Its worth £15 not £35.
  68. Apr 18, 2019
    Outstanding game. Graphically...amazing! For the amount of content that is happening on screen - it's impressive how zombies die. THIS is the zombie game I feel many have been waiting for. Waves upon waves - the way they zombies move and act, makes you feel a sense of overwhelming DOOM!!
    Sadly, the lack of offline CO-OP/Splitscreen is a bummer.....BUT, when you see how much is going on on a single screen, it's understandable how the game would quickly fall apart with up to 4 players running a game like this....from a single machine.
    Overall - WELL worth the cost, I've played games with half the content/enjoy-ability and been charged almost double. Well done with this one, hopefully more content gets released!
  69. Apr 17, 2019
    Good game, basically Left for Dead 3 with a progression system, more characters and updated graphics. This is not a game that is going to hold your attention for months on end, but it'll be a game where you can occasionally play with friends and have a enjoyable time.

It's a 4 person co-op zombie shooter, there isn't much thinking involved and it's a simple game concept that I love and nobody has done correctly since Left for Dead 2 and World War Z definitely comes the closest to the original L4D2 formula.

The biggest negative on this game (for PC) is the Epic Game Store, if you can stomach that and it's lack of tools & features then its easily worth it's $35 purchase price. The biggest noticeable lack of support with it being on Epic is no Steam Workshop, meaning no custom maps for the foreseeable future. The maps you get, you're stuck with until Epic makes their own. Which is slightly disappointing to realize.,
  70. Apr 24, 2019
    Boring, buggy and glitchy... what a waste of money! This is one of the worst games I've ever played in my life, avoid it or you will regret your purchase. The game is just not fun at all.
  71. Apr 17, 2019
    Poor operation feel,No ups and downs of background **** blasting effects
    And that damn toy air gun .Melee is bad

But the game is very cheap~
  72. Nov 12, 2019
    A fun and atmospheric co-op shooter. Story mode could do with more levels, but the ~15 available are well designed and enjoyable, if short. Taking down the swarms is exhilarating,and on harder difficulty levels you really do need to work as a team.

I find the various competitive multiplayer modes rather frustrating and uninspiring, and the typical case of a handful of expert players dominating everyone else, but maybe that's just me. It works fine.
  73. Apr 17, 2019
    Very good game. The hordes of zombies are really impressive, and really fun to fight.

I really like the game progression system in this game, both the class and weapon. I haven't tried the pvp. i also thing the swam of zombies is the selling point of the game, it really impressive and you feel so good, when you either shoot, blow up, or burn 100 of zombie at ones. I do wish tho

I haven't tried the pvp.

I do wish tho there was maybe a another tier of weapons, or maybe different tier of melee weapons, but at the same time melee is on hit kill.
    I would also like to se some character customization, maybe something like in Rainbow six siege skins where you get a different type of outfit on, or maybe just some recolor.
    And ofc I would like to se some DLC in the future.
  74. Apr 23, 2019
    Fun game, good shootng and aiming mechanics, good animation and graphics, wery good co-op play and support it. And cheap price, I think.
  75. Apr 26, 2019
    horribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! el peor juego de la generacion
  76. May 15, 2019
    This game really makes you feel like World War Z as It really rises above the source material.

10/10 GAME OF THE YEAR.
  77. Jul 4, 2019
    I was hyped by Days Gone but now that I realized that the game is trash i'm playing World war z instead.
  78. May 12, 2020
    It's Left 4 Dead but in Better.
    But i have not a big Fun too Farm Weapon Skins (too few)
    More Weapon Skins & maybe Better Character Skins & i give 10 Points.
  79. Aug 18, 2021
    There's a lot of fun to be had with the World War Z game when played co-operatively, but the multiplayer PVP is stagnant due to lack of players, limited maps and in general not being well thought out. Clearly with so few people playing the Multiplayer PVP modes outside of the main event which is Swarm Domination I couldn't recommend it for that alone. However, Co-Op Campaign is the realThere's a lot of fun to be had with the World War Z game when played co-operatively, but the multiplayer PVP is stagnant due to lack of players, limited maps and in general not being well thought out. Clearly with so few people playing the Multiplayer PVP modes outside of the main event which is Swarm Domination I couldn't recommend it for that alone. However, Co-Op Campaign is the real attraction and I've been thoroughly enjoying it. It is a crossover between Uncharted and Left 4 Dead. They've really nailed this game mode on the head with the 7 classes each providing a unique way in which to play through the game. If you're not impressed with the look of the L4D clone, Back 4 Blood, then I would strongly advise you to look into World War Z: The Aftermath which is coming soon and features a First-person perspective, though I'm on the side of Third-person all the way. Note: • Developers were lazy with the French DLC not including Outfit selections, Character background story videos, etc for the 4 new characters. However, the new maps are an interesting addition which pay more credits (I'm against paid advantages, but these do no harm to the game). Expand
  80. Nov 28, 2019
    World War Z is a strange game to be released in 2019 considering the fact that the movie it is inspired by was released 6 years ago. It's third person Left 4 Dead inspired roots is admirable, but the overall gameplay is simply too messy to invest your time in. Whilst the surge of the overwhelming zombie hordes are visually breathtaking, the way in which zombies respond to being shot orWorld War Z is a strange game to be released in 2019 considering the fact that the movie it is inspired by was released 6 years ago. It's third person Left 4 Dead inspired roots is admirable, but the overall gameplay is simply too messy to invest your time in. Whilst the surge of the overwhelming zombie hordes are visually breathtaking, the way in which zombies respond to being shot or attacked with melee weapons is aesthetically underwhelming. The chapter based episodes that chronicle the story of the game's survivors also leaves much to be desired and playing the game in solo mode was frustrating because I would reach the end of a chapter, only to be absolutely destroyed by the final wave of relentless zombies that would decimate my AI teammates and myself. I was only able to complete two chapters and despite the game's levelling system, I didn't feel abundantly compelled to return and play these chapters over and over again to unlock the game's 'better' stuff.

All in all, I'd recommend not playing World War Z unless you have a crew of enthusiastic Left 4 Dead fans.
  81. Jun 29, 2020
    This game is a mix of a lot of déjà vu, but in a far worse quality. Terrible disappointment. I expected a better scenario, by fact, there is virtually no story at all in this game. It only consists of going from point A to point B while killing zombies. When I was playing the first episode (New York), I was surprised to see it ended without an ending (I thought there would be more toThis game is a mix of a lot of déjà vu, but in a far worse quality. Terrible disappointment. I expected a better scenario, by fact, there is virtually no story at all in this game. It only consists of going from point A to point B while killing zombies. When I was playing the first episode (New York), I was surprised to see it ended without an ending (I thought there would be more to follow), and actually it's the same for the four cities. As a parenthesis, I'd like to add that despite the fact that an emphasis is put on playing in four different cities, you barely see anything of those cities. It's mainly about warehouses, libraries, and so on. Second dark point, the sound quality. The voices are coming straight from a 100€ phone. Same for the gunshot sounds, terrible. Technically, it looks extremely cheap for a 2019 game. The explosions are super low quality and overall this game feels very outdated. And of course, the essence of the game is to be confronted to a very high amount of zombies, but when that happens, the fps rate drops to a scarily low number.

Moreover it has some really terrible features. When you fail a mission at some point, you have to completely restart it. There is a total absence of checkpoints. The worst, of course, is that among my three mission replays, two happened because a NPC we had to escort glitched. Then the dialogues. Again, terrible. The few jokes I heard from the characters are not funny at all.

I noted only two positive points. 1) the fact that cooperation is necessary to accomplish the tasks. It's tricky, even in Easy difficulty, to play without dying if you don't cooperate with your mates. 2) I noted no connection issues at all. Some might take this for granted but several games still don't manage stable connections in 2020.

Conclusion, avoid this game. I was bored as from the first hour and struggled finding any positive aspect.
  82. Jun 10, 2019
    Like Left 4 Dead, if Left 4 Dead wasn't designed well and was a crap game. If only the developers took the time to rip off what made L4D actually good.
  83. Apr 25, 2019
    FUN GAME if playing with friends! But I think the real game begins when you play it at HARD or above. Me and three friends had a twenty minutes strategy talk before going into Moscows last level at Very hard. We made it and was great team/ friend experience. When you have to navigate the hords like a true unit and walking into other players line of fire is really unforgiving and you areFUN GAME if playing with friends! But I think the real game begins when you play it at HARD or above. Me and three friends had a twenty minutes strategy talk before going into Moscows last level at Very hard. We made it and was great team/ friend experience. When you have to navigate the hords like a true unit and walking into other players line of fire is really unforgiving and you are attacked from left and right and when headshots count because you save bullets to the next fight. THEN the classes also means something and having a medic on your team could mean the difference success or failure. Expand
  84. May 13, 2021
    This game NEEEDS local coop for the love of god!
    I would play this game with my GF sooooo much but there's no way we're getting another console and/or copy of the game to play coop.
    I wonder why they didn't care to include split screen as it wouldn't have been much of an issue and such a good selling point! The game itself, single player or online is a bit under-achieving. It's
    This game NEEEDS local coop for the love of god!

The game itself, single player or online is a bit under-achieving.
    It's good, fun but gets boring fast!
    If there'd be a local co-op mode I'd be spending more time in it.

So far this game got left in the dust by Days Gone.
  85. Oct 22, 2020
    It's very fun but also features a severe lack of content, even for the $40 price tag. 75/100
  86. May 1, 2019
    More liker 6.5/10 than 6/10.

More liker 6.5/10 than 6/10.

The American company Saber Interactive decided to pick up the book of Max Brooks, entitled World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, and in the film World War Z, which had Brad Pitt in the leading role, and develop a game based on this universe. This World War Z is a cooperative game in the third person where we will have to face immenses zombies. And when I say immenses, it's thousands of zombies. In a way, it could be said that this title was to get some inspiration from Left 4 Dead.

If you are asking, yes, the game is in the same universe as the movie. New York, Jerusalem, Moscow and Tokyo are the cities where we are going to go and where we have to face huge hordes of zombies, each of which has its group of four survivors. In New York we have as characters Angel Flores, Tashaun Burnell, Bunko Tatsumi and Arnetta Larkin. In Jerusalem, we have Judd Whitaker, Dina Mizrahi, Ethan Wolfe and Daniel Alahey. On the other hand, in Moscow, we have Oksana Orlovskaya, Ivan Dovchenko, Timur Yushkevich and Sergei Popov. And finally, in Tokyo, we have survivors Sho Sugiyama, Kimiko Nomura, Tatsuo Matsumoto and Hiroji Okada.

At the start of the missions we always start with a Compact SMG and a Pistol. There are no tutorials, but quickly the player gets used to the gameplay of this World War Z, even more because it is a very linear game. The purpose of cooperative missions, offline or online, are simple and include, for example, killing zombies, going to a specific location, defending a zone or turning on a switch. And they're going to repeat this a few times. But despite its extreme repeatability, World War Z is even fun, a lot because of its good gameplay. Too bad AI is basic. There were times when they gave priority to killing zombies instead of making me relive. Let's say it's a reason for the staff to go to the online cooperative campaign. It is important to point out that our life does not regenerate. Instead, we have to heal (or heal fellows) with Medkits, which makes even more necessary attention to zombies.

We have several different classes available, as well as a varied arsenal to catch up with. During missions, we can also find so-called heavy weapons like machine guns or grenade launchers, but they should only be used in complicated situations. Fortunately, the characters aren't restricted to classes, so we can choose what we want. Gunslinger, Hellraiser, Medic, Fixer, Slasher and Exterminator are the classes that are present in the campaign. They all have core perks different from each other and it is possible to unlock certain perks depending on our level and the money we have.

After completing a chapter, we are rewarded with experience points for the class and weapons we use, as well as money that can be used to purchase weapons upgrades and purchase perks (whether in the Co-op Campaign or Multiplayer). In case you are fed up with the Co-op Campaign... we have Multiplayer to vary a lot. Player vs Player... and vs Zombie. Yes, that's right. Not only do we have to face the opposing team, as we have Zombies to spice things up. Sometimes these Zombies can swing the scale in our favor or not depending on the situation.

Swarm Domination, King of the Hill, Swarm Deathmatch, Scavenge Raid, and the Vaccine Hunt are the modes available in World War Z. There are classes with the preset weapons to choose and use. For example, Support has predefined weapons like AK-47, Compact SMG and Machinegun, and has Supply Bag as its equipment. Yes, Support is for that; give support (ammunition) to our team. It's similar to the Specialist Crash form the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Remaining Multiplayer classes are Survivor, Trapper, Specialist, Warfighter, Phantom, Demolisher, Striker, Assassin and Shadow. I didn't have any connectivity problems during my game sessions but, despite its slight originality, I confess that I was more enthusiastic about the cooperative campaign than the multiplayer mode.

Visually, this is a fair game, but there was scope to be better. It is true that it is fun to do "tourism" in the four cities of the game developed by Saber Interactive, but at certain times, gave me the feeling of playing a game of the previous generation. As for the sound department, while the gun sounds are positive and it's always fun to tease the zombies with these weapons, the soundtrack is virtually nonexistent and I completed the game without getting a song written in my brain. Overall, World War Z is not bad and at times it's even fun, but it's a far cry from the quality of a Left 4 Dead.
  87. Jul 2, 2019
    Like everyone has already mentioned, very much a "Left 4 Dead" ripoff in the 3rd person view. Extremely enjoyable when playing with a good crew, but still gets old after a good week of solid use. Awesome graphics, standard controls, no story (but this game isn't about story). Definitely a rental, unless you have a group of friends that play this game on a regular basis.
  88. Apr 10, 2022
    Great after release support but omg this game is absolutely DIABOLICAL it’s absolutely ridiculous beyond actual belief! Fighting with coop buddies for med kits and weapons the cheap disgusting laughable so called gameplay! This game is the stuff of nightmares there is fun to be had but my god! Its abysmal! The entire thing is cheap pathetic and tragic
  89. Jun 2, 2020
    ...............................................................
  90. May 4, 2019
    Left for Dead but in third person. That is basically what this is. World War Z actually shined in the online competitive mode for me. I enjoyed the crap out of this. Having to fight other humans while the zombie hordes would attacked multiple times in a match was way more fun than I'd thought it would be. This still is just a RENTAL being that I can't see myself ever wanting to finish theLeft for Dead but in third person. That is basically what this is. World War Z actually shined in the online competitive mode for me. I enjoyed the crap out of this. Having to fight other humans while the zombie hordes would attacked multiple times in a match was way more fun than I'd thought it would be. This still is just a RENTAL being that I can't see myself ever wanting to finish the campaign or play the online for more than 4 hours. This may be your cup of tea it just wasn't mine. Expand
  91. May 8, 2019
    This is a fairly straightforward game; but it works extremely well. It's fun, chaotic, challenging (with many difficulties to choose from), and a decent amount of depth with the variety of classes, weapons, and upgrades to both to really customize your character's class and functional role.

It's not the deepest game, and it is on the short side, but it's a thrilling experience with others. Lots of fun, basically the 3rd person Left 4 Dead. Hope to see more for this game. The PVP multiplayer is also basic, but actually pretty fun; a rare time when it doesn't feel like a hollow and pointless add-on. Gives some Uncharted 2 vibes (though not nearly as good), which is welcome in this generation.
  92. Oct 1, 2019
    На удивление хорошая игра, только смущает онлайн, который для новичков слишком не дружелюбный. Сюжетная кампания получилась неплохой. Оружие, физика объектов "на уровне", но и звёзд не хватает. Графика приятная, но иногда больно замыленная, но это не основной минус. Управление и движение персонажа иногда слишком "резвое" и не особо походит на движения ЧЕЛОВЕКА. Так-же было-бы неплохоНа удивление хорошая игра, только смущает онлайн, который для новичков слишком не дружелюбный. Сюжетная кампания получилась неплохой. Оружие, физика объектов "на уровне", но и звёзд не хватает. Графика приятная, но иногда больно замыленная, но это не основной минус. Управление и движение персонажа иногда слишком "резвое" и не особо походит на движения ЧЕЛОВЕКА. Так-же было-бы неплохо что-бы вышла в Steam, тогда как мне кажется больше людей в неё начнут играть, и число пользователей вырастет! 9 из 10. Expand
  93. Sep 20, 2020
    I was very impressed by the engine and the elaboration of the details in this game.
    This game is really fun and allows you to change the style of play depending on your mood:
    - 7 character classes - in each class 30 perks, of which you can customize the set The levels themselves have a different plot and with the Season pass you get additional chapters. At the levels themselves, the
    - 7 character classes
    - in each class 30 perks, of which you can customize the set
    The levels themselves have a different plot and with the Season pass you get additional chapters. At the levels themselves, the behavior of zombies and some scenarios change, which also brings variety.
    To whom it is too easy for you - you can increase the difficulty and then it is almost impossible to survive.

I can't think of a better game made from movie franchises. Maybe there is some kind of Harry Potter ...
    The only thing missing is the music from the original film, it's amazing there!
  94. Sep 4, 2019
    Exclusively for playing with friends, it's fun and functional. This is what you expect from a game of zombie hordes.
  95. Apr 23, 2019
    I was hooked by the trailers and how they looked a lot like the movie. I know better to not take a trailer at face value, but this still looked pretty fun.

And, while I was able to play it, it wasn't awful. it's still in its infancy and the crashing is something a lot of my friends also complain about (I got kicked to PS4 menu four times in under an hour). The game play is a bit unimaginative because it is, as many people have said, very Left4Dead-ish. The special enemies are almost direct copies of L4D special enemies.

The XP system where you earn levels, perks, and customization is nice, it encourages replay, cooperation. If I play this for six months, I'll be shocked.
  96. Apr 25, 2019
    World War Z

Good points : - The number of weapons, classes and improvements - Difficulty levels - The replayability of the Coop campaign - PVP Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch / Domination / Raid ...) - A Left 4 Dead Like Multi Platform (PC / PS4 / XBOX ONE) - The price (40 €) - Negative points : - A friendly AI just good at doing the struggling campaign 1 - The very multiplayer

Good points :
    - The number of weapons, classes and improvements
    - Difficulty levels
    - The replayability of the Coop campaign
    - PVP Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch / Domination / Raid ...)
    - A Left 4 Dead Like Multi Platform (PC / PS4 / XBOX ONE)
    - The price (40 €)

- Negative points :
    - A friendly AI just good at doing the struggling campaign 1
    - The very multiplayer oriented game (Coop / Versus)
    - Repetitive goals
    - No split screen
    - Lack of content (Horde Mode / More Episode)

Conclusion :
    World War Z has a lot of quality, be it the multitude of classes / weapons and their respective improvements, its campaign to do and redo with friends, an innovative pvp mode thanks to zombies and its inspiration from the license Left 4 Dead all at the right price.
    As for the few minor flaws, it does not spoil the gaming experience, some may even disappear in the future by UPD / DLC.
  97. Apr 25, 2019
    If you don’t have friends to play with you will not like this game. WWZ is the L4D3 game we will never get. You can select from 5 different classes, 18 different guns to use and level up, 16 different characters that each have a small back story upon completing a mission with. WWZ offers 4 great action packed episodes that don’t hold back and is very fast paced. I’ve probably put in 30 toIf you don’t have friends to play with you will not like this game. WWZ is the L4D3 game we will never get. You can select from 5 different classes, 18 different guns to use and level up, 16 different characters that each have a small back story upon completing a mission with. WWZ offers 4 great action packed episodes that don’t hold back and is very fast paced. I’ve probably put in 30 to 40 hours into the game and I’m still coming back for more! I hope that they add more to this game because my friends and I will be glad to play anything. Expand
  98. Apr 28, 2019
    Ok, well first of all World War Z the game is a fun game, with friends and occasionally on your own. The game is actually quite impressive not being a triple A game but still comes with its flaws. Seeing the huge hordes running at you and then trying your best to gun them down with your tiny submachine gun is fun and challenging. Obviously being at mid to low budget it will come with itsOk, well first of all World War Z the game is a fun game, with friends and occasionally on your own. The game is actually quite impressive not being a triple A game but still comes with its flaws. Seeing the huge hordes running at you and then trying your best to gun them down with your tiny submachine gun is fun and challenging. Obviously being at mid to low budget it will come with its bugs, glitches and usual shenanigans you would expect when their not working with millions and millions of dollars of budget. The biggest and the most unfortunate flaw with game is its lack of content. With only 4 chapters and 3 episodes a chapter and each chapter being 20-45 minutes long it only took me 3 days of a couple of hours gaming to finish the story mode. The multiplayer is very mediocre but has a nice twist with adding in the zombies to be a threat along side other players. Also the story missions feel the same every time, same objective every second mission but in a different environment. Overall the game is pretty fun to play and CAN be a very enjoyable experience if you are a person who is easily entertained. Expand
  99. Apr 30, 2019
    I love the game and have had no problems with it. The story could be longer, but other then that I think this is a very good game
  100. May 2, 2019
    DO NOT BUY!

WWZ is nothing short of wasted money. The 3d person view is clunky, twitchy and give no real immersion for the player. The satisfaction when mowing down hordes of zombies is cut completely short, as the feedback when firing a gun is none existent. Even (dare I say it) Fortnite, a cartoonish 3d person shooter gets at least that right. The layout of the maps are neither
    DO NOT BUY!

The layout of the maps are neither open nor linear, quite possibly the worst of both worlds, combined into a confusing mess. Along with the lack of pacing (Zombies pouring endlessly from random nooks, never giving you a chance to feel either thrilled or frightened. Instead leaving you endlessly annoyed.)

I will go back to playing L4D2 (A good game), as the level of immersion in WWZ could be compared to a piece of wet cardboard.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 32 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 15, 2019
    I didn’t expect much out of World War Z as a licensed title, but Saber Interactive has done a great job adapting the IP’s globe-spanning scope and massive hordes of zombies while bolstering it with inspiration from a past classic. I’m not sure that I’d recommend it for players who insist on playing alone, but for those who have at least one friend or those who don’t mind recruiting some randos, it’s a great way to kill a million zombies over a weekend.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    May 28, 2019
    Reasonably priced but with only glimmers of personality. A fairly standard selection of multiplayer modes are livened up by the horde and generally a lot more fun than a lacking story campaign. [IssueE163, p.60]
  3. May 20, 2019
    It might not too unbearable when you play with your close friends and you guys coop perfectly. But in general, this game is even much more boring than the zombie's daily life.