- Summary: The WRC license is back and even better this year with WRC 9. Take part in the Calendar's 3 new rallies and challenge the community with the customisable league system. Then dive into the skin of a co-driver with the astonishing co-op mode.
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
WRC 9 - Official Accolades Trailer
Sep 1, 2020WRC 9 is the complete rally package - tough but rewarding handling, astonishing representations of the real world rally stages, and a wealth of gameplay options. Many hours of non-blinking fun are to be had for racing fans, with a free sexy upgrade to the PS5 version on the horizon.
Aug 30, 2020With driving that is now on par with the competition, WRC 9 will keep sucking rally fans back in for more. Elements around the core rallying action could still do with some added finesse, but when the basic premise is so solid, those issues fade into the background. At last, Kylotonn has delivered on the promise of authentic driving experience, and for a rallying game, I think that is the single most important element.
Oct 12, 2020WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship does a fantastic job of filling the rally-racing void, despite the fact that it doesn't appear to have made many leaps forward from last year's title - but sometimes, making minimal changes is still better than making wrong calls. The Career mode is as fun and immersive as expected, and that's where the bulk of the offline hours will be lost. The updated visuals and extra attention to detail makes the races feel more alive, and the heart-stopping moments of avoiding a disaster on the track are as real as ever in here. Rally fans will enjoy Kylotonn's latest offering, while newcomers can jump in with an easy-to-learn control scheme. Whether offline or online, WRC 9 packs a punch with its many hours of content that will hopefully carry through to next year's title.
Sep 1, 2020WRC 9 is a challenging rally game that celebrates the FIA World Rally Championship’s past and present. The driving mechanics themselves are very well implemented and there’s plenty of modes that’ll keep you busy – but there’s more than a few rough edges that prevent it from being a real champion.
Nov 27, 2020Great game, a lot of improvements. Better sound. The gameplay is on point. Nice feeling of car weight and suspension. Great work fromGreat game, a lot of improvements. Better sound. The gameplay is on point. Nice feeling of car weight and suspension. Great work from Kylpton. Everybody who gives this game a bad rating cleared haven't played the game.… Expand
Feb 10, 2021(reviewed on PS5, free upgrade included)
Amazing game, with the free ps5 upgrade the graphics are GORGEOUS, the sound of rain on the(reviewed on PS5, free upgrade included)
Amazing game, with the free ps5 upgrade the graphics are GORGEOUS, the sound of rain on the dualsense controller makes you really feel you are in that storm, the brake (L2) "kicks" yopu like brakes do when you use the ABS.
Yeah, I used ABS and TCS, the game is HARD, as hard as driving at 160km/h (100mp/h) in the mud should be.
The only reason why the game doesn't get a full 10 is because the "feel" of speed isn't very well translated into the game, I'm the kind of stupid madman that has driven in dirty roads at 100 km/h(60mp/h) and the speed that you "eat the dirt" is not that well translated to the game.
I love this game, the experience in the dualsense is cool enough to make the game a must buy for racing enthusiasts even if you don't own a wheel.… Expand
Sep 23, 2020Pros:
- Weight transfer of the cars feel good
- Suspension physics - Car models - Dynamic weather - Stages are interesting Cons: -Pros:
- Weight transfer of the cars feel good
- Suspension physics
- Car models
- Dynamic weather
- Stages are interesting
- Differential settings on some cars where they in reality don't exist. R2 FWD has a center and rear differential for some odd reason. R5 cars have a full central differential even tho in reality they don't have
- No toe tuning
- Many tuning settings make no sense. For example 0 - 5 camber. 0 to 5 what? I hope not degrees... 1000 to 135000 suspension setting. What unit? 7 to 33 ride height which in reality seem to mean suspension travel
- Stages seem mostly modelled 1:1 and bumps where they should be but in every stage you have artificial walls, ditches, trees, rocks or poles in places where they in reality aren't that give the feeling that the devs intentionally made the stages 0 forgiving
- Jump landings have a weird air cushion before the wheels even hit the ground
- Very twitchy steering with a stick controller. The sensitivity settings in reality means linearity while the sensitivity is fixed. And the worst is that the steering reacts instantly but centers slowly making precise input impossible
- Career is meaningless and boring. Doesn't really give the feeling of managing a team
- Sounds are terrible and glitchy
Only reason I'm giving it more than 1 is that the only game with an official WRC license.… Expand
Sep 7, 2020This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So this game is the 1st of the WRC franchise I've bought and I'm coming from DIRT RALLY 2.0 with an open mind so I will leave as honest review as possible Well this game to all intents and purposes is alright but not the best I've played
Positives - The game looks really good graphically The stages are very well detailed Some good random events that happen mid stage
Team system is really good Negatives - Limited respawns? This is no fun understand its a rally game but for novice players it's no fun having crashes afew times and that's it also if you force quit the game it counts as you skipping the stage so if your trying to get the overall rally win then your done
Physics and car behaviour. The cars drive really weird compared to other games as in they are very lose and floaty and with weird crash physics this makes a rally more like a luck lottery than an actuall race game
Cars - or lack there of... basically it's a R2 fiesta then t R5 promotion and you have 4 car choice then promotion again to WRC. I wish it had more avenues like NR4 or the 2000 AWD turbo classes All in the game is alright but I definitely prefer Dirt rally to this but I'm contempt with this and have managed to set 1 global best time in Italy The game needs work and bugs fixing urgently then maybe it can shape up to be something… Expand
Jan 29, 20213 months after launch I still can't play the game. Constant crashes back to dashboard, awful wheel support (constantly shaking wheel and poor3 months after launch I still can't play the game. Constant crashes back to dashboard, awful wheel support (constantly shaking wheel and poor ffb). No multiplayer features as advertised! Audio cuts out while driving. Optimization for series x was awful it made the game studder. Tried multiple times to contact the company and get a message that says sorry we are out of the office.… Expand