- Publisher: Bigben Interactive , Nacon
- Release Date: Sep 4, 2020
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X
- Summary: The WRC license is back and even better this year with WRC 9. Take part in the Calendar's 3 new rallies and challenge the community with the customisable league system. Then dive into the skin of a co-driver with the astonishing co-op mode.
- Developer: KT Racing
- Genre(s): Racing, Simulation, Automobile
- # of players: Up to 8
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
WRC 9 - Official Accolades Trailer
Positive: 22 out of 24
Mixed: 2 out of 24
Negative: 0 out of 24
Oct 8, 2020WRC 9 is one of the best rally games to date. It still is a simcade, but remains true to its formula, giving players a lot of new content with upgrades around every corner and on each course.
Sep 1, 2020WRC 9 is the complete rally package - tough but rewarding handling, astonishing representations of the real world rally stages, and a wealth of gameplay options. Many hours of non-blinking fun are to be had for racing fans, with a free sexy upgrade to the PS5 version on the horizon.
Aug 30, 2020With driving that is now on par with the competition, WRC 9 will keep sucking rally fans back in for more. Elements around the core rallying action could still do with some added finesse, but when the basic premise is so solid, those issues fade into the background. At last, Kylotonn has delivered on the promise of authentic driving experience, and for a rallying game, I think that is the single most important element.
Oct 12, 2020WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship does a fantastic job of filling the rally-racing void, despite the fact that it doesn't appear to have made many leaps forward from last year's title - but sometimes, making minimal changes is still better than making wrong calls. The Career mode is as fun and immersive as expected, and that's where the bulk of the offline hours will be lost. The updated visuals and extra attention to detail makes the races feel more alive, and the heart-stopping moments of avoiding a disaster on the track are as real as ever in here. Rally fans will enjoy Kylotonn's latest offering, while newcomers can jump in with an easy-to-learn control scheme. Whether offline or online, WRC 9 packs a punch with its many hours of content that will hopefully carry through to next year's title.
Oct 1, 2020If you're looking for innovation, you'll find yourself in the wrong place. If you want more of the same, however, you can't go wrong with WRC 9. Be careful though... there's enough bugs and crashes here to at times ruin the experience a bit.
Sep 1, 2020WRC 9 is a challenging rally game that celebrates the FIA World Rally Championship’s past and present. The driving mechanics themselves are very well implemented and there’s plenty of modes that’ll keep you busy – but there’s more than a few rough edges that prevent it from being a real champion.
Positive: 6 out of 19
Mixed: 6 out of 19
Negative: 7 out of 19
Nov 27, 2020Great game, a lot of improvements. Better sound. The gameplay is on point. Nice feeling of car weight and suspension. Great work fromGreat game, a lot of improvements. Better sound. The gameplay is on point. Nice feeling of car weight and suspension. Great work from Kylpton. Everybody who gives this game a bad rating cleared haven't played the game.… Expand
Oct 30, 2021Nice and realistic gameplay, lots of tracks, for casual player i prefer dirt rally, good game tho, i enjoyed play this game
Apr 29, 2021Some of the best car physics going now. Great long tracks and varied locations and a career mode! This is in my opinion much better that dirtSome of the best car physics going now. Great long tracks and varied locations and a career mode! This is in my opinion much better that dirt rally 2, the cars are much more realistic handling and there is more of everything here.
the weather and tracks make this game so good, and the length of the some stages is insane, some of them are 20KM long so almost every race is fresh.
one thing it could do more with is cars, there isn't as many old school cars as Dirt 2 but its only a small thing. the only reason i don't score it a 9 is becasue the graphics are a bit dated even on PS5 version and there is a issue with the lighting in which everything is very dark, to the point where i have to adjust my $2500 gaming monitor(point to prove its not my monitor or only me this is happening to) every time to everything on max to play this game. and this is a known issue that has never been fixed and is all over forums. its not that big of a deal as long as you don't have a dark monitor that can't be adjusted for some reason.
note: I'm playing on a wheel so no idea about controller feel. also playing on PS5 and it runs very smooth but has some weird checkboarding through glass and makes cockpit view unplayable as breaks the graphics level badly this happens on the balanced and 4k modes but not on 1080p 120Hz mode, not sure a base ps4 would run this game well though.… Expand
Sep 23, 2020Pros:
- Weight transfer of the cars feel good
- Suspension physics - Car models - Dynamic weather - Stages are interesting Cons: -Pros:
- Weight transfer of the cars feel good
- Suspension physics
- Car models
- Dynamic weather
- Stages are interesting
- Differential settings on some cars where they in reality don't exist. R2 FWD has a center and rear differential for some odd reason. R5 cars have a full central differential even tho in reality they don't have
- No toe tuning
- Many tuning settings make no sense. For example 0 - 5 camber. 0 to 5 what? I hope not degrees... 1000 to 135000 suspension setting. What unit? 7 to 33 ride height which in reality seem to mean suspension travel
- Stages seem mostly modelled 1:1 and bumps where they should be but in every stage you have artificial walls, ditches, trees, rocks or poles in places where they in reality aren't that give the feeling that the devs intentionally made the stages 0 forgiving
- Jump landings have a weird air cushion before the wheels even hit the ground
- Very twitchy steering with a stick controller. The sensitivity settings in reality means linearity while the sensitivity is fixed. And the worst is that the steering reacts instantly but centers slowly making precise input impossible
- Career is meaningless and boring. Doesn't really give the feeling of managing a team
- Sounds are terrible and glitchy
Only reason I'm giving it more than 1 is that the only game with an official WRC license.… Expand
Sep 7, 2020This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So this game is the 1st of the WRC franchise I've bought and I'm coming from DIRT RALLY 2.0 with an open mind so I will leave as honest review as possible Well this game to all intents and purposes is alright but not the best I've played
Positives - The game looks really good graphically The stages are very well detailed Some good random events that happen mid stage
Team system is really good Negatives - Limited respawns? This is no fun understand its a rally game but for novice players it's no fun having crashes afew times and that's it also if you force quit the game it counts as you skipping the stage so if your trying to get the overall rally win then your done
Physics and car behaviour. The cars drive really weird compared to other games as in they are very lose and floaty and with weird crash physics this makes a rally more like a luck lottery than an actuall race game
Cars - or lack there of... basically it's a R2 fiesta then t R5 promotion and you have 4 car choice then promotion again to WRC. I wish it had more avenues like NR4 or the 2000 AWD turbo classes All in the game is alright but I definitely prefer Dirt rally to this but I'm contempt with this and have managed to set 1 global best time in Italy The game needs work and bugs fixing urgently then maybe it can shape up to be something… Expand
Dec 14, 2020Eğer WRC 8 varsa bu oyuna boşuna dünya kadar para vermeyin. Hiç bir yenilik yok.
Sep 5, 2020It's not a fun game.
Just a boring racing game.
There is no difference from other games.
- (0 views)